Skrevet av Emne: EX-Spiller: Fabian Delph  (Lest 159703 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Sheridan

Sv: Breaking news: Delph signs new deal
« Svar #60 på: September 06, 2008, 22:50:53 »

Tom S

« Svar #61 på: September 06, 2008, 22:52:00 »
Kan han minne om ein liten Rocastle?
COME ON LEEDS !!

Sheridan

« Svar #62 på: September 06, 2008, 23:00:21 »

Der sa du det Tom...!! Stemmer det!  :)

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #63 på: September 06, 2008, 23:12:43 »
Bortsett fra at Rocastle floppet i den hvite drakte

Der sa du det Tom...!! Stemmer det!  :)

kjelvi

« Svar #64 på: September 13, 2008, 10:47:52 »
Fra dagens Phil Hay-spalte i YEP:

The subject of Fabian Delph's ability came up last month when I spoke to Shaun Derry ahead of his (non) appearance at Elland Road with Crystal Palace.
Derry made specific mention of the 18-year-old midfielder, remarking that the one consolation of being ordered to train with Leeds United's reserves by Dennis Wise was that it gave him the chance to witness Delph's talent from close quarters.
It is always telling when a young player is talked about as enthusiastically as Delph has been, and the opinion that he will progress to a domestic level far above League One is apparently unanimous, not just among pundits but among senior professionals as well.
No less gratifying are the descriptions of Delph' persona, which seems to be in keeping with so many of the players nurtured by the academy at Leeds – modest, down-to-earth while all the time inherently confident.
United's youth-team system is rightly acknowledged for the talent it delivers but mention should also be made of the mature and respectful attitude it insists on from the players who pass through its doors.
There is no doubt that the academy's ethos is a reflection of their unsung but mild-mannered and diligent academy director, Neil Thompson.
The media corps were made to chuckle during last month's Carling Cup match at Chester City when Jonathan Howson discovered after his substitution that there was no room for him to sit in the visiting dug-out.
Howson was forced to perch on a concrete wall and his first reaction was to ask the kids on the front row of seats behind him whether he was obstructing their view.
Possessing talent is one thing but maintaining a screwed-on head is quite another, and the value of the former trait is diminished in the absence of the latter.
The footballing upbringing given to Delph means that, in presenting the midfielder with a four-year contract, Leeds can realistically hope that he will see it through.

kjelvi

« Svar #65 på: September 16, 2008, 09:32:24 »
Scouting report
Fabian Delph, Leeds United

Steve Claridge looks at a combative midfielder who may play a pivotal role in the resurgence of a once-great club
Sometimes you go on a scouting trip and the player takes time to convince you he can play. Not so Fabian Delph. Built like an Ethiopian marathon runner, this 18-year-old midfielder can play a huge part in the resurrection of this once-great club.
At Swindon Town on Saturday Delph started wide on the left in a central three and combined very well with the left-winger and overlapping full-back. He was especially impressive when working the left channel and came into his own when that full-back, Alan Sheehan, was sent off.
That did Delph a favour as he was pushed into a more central role where we saw a performance of real class. Delph is a player who demands the ball and his team-mates are only too keen to give it to him, but it is when he has the ball that his class shows. His first thought is to drive into space. Such is his pace he can pass his marker from a standing start, then he settles in space and starts to play.
Because he could do this all over the pitch he constantly put the opposition on the defensive, dragging players towards him and so creating space for others. His boundless energy, which he uses not just with the ball but without it, was also seriously impressive, closing down at every opportunity and putting in tackles that belie his slender frame.
Delph captained Leeds reserves at 17 and you can see why. Even at the tender age of 18 he demanded high standards from his team-mates.
He frequently broke from midfield and his opponents could not stay with him. Once, in a two-on-two attack, he drew both defenders towards him and released the ball perfectly for Jermaine Beckford to have a clear shot on target.
But this player is not just about hard work; there is skill too. After the ball looped about 20 yards in the air, Delph, in one swift movement, performed a Cruyff turn, leaving two defenders in his wake. It drew applause even from the Swindon fans around me.
One or two things need to be worked on. He is left-footed but used his right only sparingly and though on one occasion he did manage to hit a team-mate with a very decent 20-yard cross, his passing of any great distance needs to be more effective. He either picked the wrong ball or hit it with either too much or too little pace.
But this was a performance that really made an impression. Considering it was only his seventh senior game, Leeds have done an astute bit of business in tying this lad to a four-year contract. Whatever they are paying him, he is worth every penny. If he continues to develop he would be Premier League standard before long.
After the game I sat on the train listening to Leeds fans saying he might leave if they do not gain promotion from League One. He is the best young player to come out of the system at Elland Road since Aaron Lennon in 2003. I don't think Leeds fans realise that it is precisely because of their numbers that they support such a big club, and that more than anything may be instrumental in him staying.

Age 18
Born Bradford
Position Defender
Height 5ft 9in
Weight 9st 6lb
From Trainee

Pace 9/10
Crossing 9/10
Heading 8/10
Team responsibility 9/10
Tackling 9/10
Valuation £1m+

Guardian.co.uk

auren

« Svar #66 på: September 16, 2008, 11:20:38 »
Ikke helt god denne Claridge: Delph defender, og 8/10 på hodet? Og kun litt over en million pund verdt????

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Therese

• På juniorlaget
  • Jeg husker den dagen da Leeds slo Manu, jeg.
    • MSN Messenger - leggernikkeut@hotmail.com
    • Vis profil
    • http://terratveit.blogspot.com/
« Svar #67 på: September 16, 2008, 23:18:36 »
Ikke bare bare det. Fint å få kontrakter med lovende spillere =)
Years after the Chernobyl accident and am I the only one that’s disappointed? Still no superheroes.

Sheridan

« Svar #68 på: September 17, 2008, 23:42:06 »
Frykter ett GIGANTBUD i januar.  ::)
Vi har en sort perle her...

BERGH

« Svar #69 på: September 18, 2008, 12:06:34 »
Det går rykter om at Delph har begynt å bestemme på treninga.   ;D

Delph kommer til å bli hvis leeds rykker opp.  Hvis/når vi ligger på topp ved nyttår så vil Leeds kjøpe et par spillere av CC kvalitet og kanskje litt bedre.
Da blir det opprykk.  Men vi MÃ… ligge der opp ved juletider og det har jeg goooooooood tro på. ;D

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Fabian Delph
« Svar #70 på: September 28, 2008, 00:19:46 »
På tide at Steve Claridges scouting report blir postet her: :)

Sitat
Fabian Delph, Leeds UnitedSteve
Claridge looks at a combative midfielder who may play a pivotal role in the resurgence of a once-great club

Sometimes you go on a scouting trip and the player takes time to convince you he can play. Not so Fabian Delph. Built like an Ethiopian marathon runner, this 18-year-old midfielder can play a huge part in the resurrection of this once-great club.

At Swindon Town on Saturday Delph started wide on the left in a central three and combined very well with the left-winger and overlapping full-back. He was especially impressive when working the left channel and came into his own when that full-back, Alan Sheehan, was sent off.

That did Delph a favour as he was pushed into a more central role where we saw a performance of real class. Delph is a player who demands the ball and his team-mates are only too keen to give it to him, but it is when he has the ball that his class shows. His first thought is to drive into space. Such is his pace he can pass his marker from a standing start, then he settles in space and starts to play.

Because he could do this all over the pitch he constantly put the opposition on the defensive, dragging players towards him and so creating space for others. His boundless energy, which he uses not just with the ball but without it, was also seriously impressive, closing down at every opportunity and putting in tackles that belie his slender frame.

Delph captained Leeds reserves at 17 and you can see why. Even at the tender age of 18 he demanded high standards from his team-mates.

He frequently broke from midfield and his opponents could not stay with him. Once, in a two-on-two attack, he drew both defenders towards him and released the ball perfectly for Jermaine Beckford to have a clear shot on target.

But this player is not just about hard work; there is skill too. After the ball looped about 20 yards in the air, Delph, in one swift movement, performed a Cruyff turn, leaving two defenders in his wake. It drew applause even from the Swindon fans around me.

One or two things need to be worked on. He is left-footed but used his right only sparingly and though on one occasion he did manage to hit a team-mate with a very decent 20-yard cross, his passing of any great distance needs to be more effective. He either picked the wrong ball or hit it with either too much or too little pace.

But this was a performance that really made an impression. Considering it was only his seventh senior game, Leeds have done an astute bit of business in tying this lad to a four-year contract. Whatever they are paying him, he is worth every penny. If he continues to develop he would be Premier League standard before long.

After the game I sat on the train listening to Leeds fans saying he might leave if they do not gain promotion from League One. He is the best young player to come out of the system at Elland Road since Aaron Lennon in 2003. I don't think Leeds fans realise that it is precisely because of their numbers that they support such a big club, and that more than anything may be instrumental in him staying.

Age 18

Born Bradford

Position Defender

Height 5ft 9in

Weight 9st 6lb

From Trainee

Pace 9/10

Crossing 9/10

Heading 8/10

Team responsibility 9/10

Tackling 9/10

Valuation £1m+
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #71 på: September 28, 2008, 00:29:48 »
...og i dag:

Feckin awesome today, a display that belies his age. Gets my vote for M.O.M

If he is that good at 18 what is he going to be like at 21,22?

This kid is going places.....with us!!.

He will only get better he has got outstanding skill, first touch and his balance is quite remarkable. I'm getting nervous though because he is clearly far too good for this league, how long can we keep him?

as good as he wants to be.....

so long as he listens to one of the best midfielders of his generation for the next few years and works his way up the leaueg instead of taking the fast buck.

he is a class above and none of the rest of the team should be compared to him [apart from maybe aidan white]
we're league one, he isn't.

He is easily the best youth product since Milner, for me he shows a load more than Lennon so if he stays grounded the sky is the limit.

Delph is definitely going to be playing for England within 5 years, there is no one that plays like him - I can't think of another English central midfielder with the same skill on the ball as him.

I found myself literally speechless at some of the stuff Delph did today.

He has great composure, confidence, finds space, makes space, but today some of the passes he hit were just outrageously well-weighted.

On the drive home I was trying to think if I had ever seen a player in a Leeds shirt who after so few games excited me as much, and made me as certain that he will be a star if he keeps on track, as I am with him.
I couldn't think of one, now I didn't see Lorimer, Billy etc when they broke through but surely you have to go that far back ?

Of course there is a long way to go blah blah, and we will only keep him if we get back to the premiership quickly, and maybe not even then, but ladies and gentlemen enjoy it whilst we can , this is a kid who could be anything in this game.

If we play like we did today on a regular basis the rest of this division will not see which way we have gone..this next year or two are going to be payback for the last 7 

am sure that we all felt the same with David Batty, he was great in the West riding cup pre-season games and on his debut .v. Swindon at ER he was brilliant...i think he may have got MOM on his debut.

err no..I can assure you Batty never ever got the juices flowing like this kid does..not mine anyhow.

Batty did not scream "superstar" at you in his first half dozen games did he ? He screamed "could be good" , yes, but not like Delph.

- kan underskrive denne. Jeg så Battydebuten, og så 'ikkeno', det var Daviosns debutscoring som var snakkis dengang...

Yep.

Delph will be an even better player next year in The Championship (  ) and a similar bid to the one that enticed Southampton to sell Walcott will come in.

Saying that, Victor Moses was the most in demand 16 yr old in the country two seasons ago (more than Rose, Taiwo and Woods) and Palace rejected bid after bid from Chelsea, Arsenal and others and the lad said he wanted to stay and signed a four year contract with them this season.

I think Delph himself wants to stay here for a while but money talks when you have training grounds to buy back!

TBH i/we watched him and thought, wow we have the new Bremner here. Tough and tigerish in midfield we knew he would be very good.

I agree he runs a very close second to Delph where as Batty was very good and Delph being f**king awesome.

He looks a class apart from anything else in this div including our players, can make it to the very top if he wants to, best prospect weve had in living memory.

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #72 på: September 28, 2008, 01:10:09 »
Keep 'em coming, Asbjørn!  ;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Klinstone

« Svar #73 på: September 30, 2008, 17:56:58 »
Fabian Delph

"Very good youngboy from Bradford in England."

Er Fabian defansiv midtbane eller er han forsvar?
Only One United

Leeds United

samadhi

« Svar #74 på: September 30, 2008, 18:13:36 »
Tror han er keeper...
marching on together,
derudaf forever...

Klinstone

« Svar #75 på: September 30, 2008, 18:16:01 »
DET er han værtfall ikke
Only One United

Leeds United

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #76 på: September 30, 2008, 18:25:07 »

'He is a good boy' - dét sa iallefall morra hanses :)

(tror dine opplysninger er en smuule utdaterte, og stammer nok fra tiden på u-lagene der det er vanlig at gutta får prøve seg i ulike roller for å finne ut hvor de egner seg best.)
Fab is a fabulous boy, ánd a left footed midfield player :)

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Kickthemdown

« Svar #77 på: September 30, 2008, 18:25:46 »
Fabian Delph

Stor og kraftig midtstpper som uten tvil har sin styrke i hodespillet og er en svært god takler. Mangler dessverre vesentlige kvaliteter med ballen i beina så dette blir nok aldri mer enn CCC kvalitet uansett.

Alta-White

Klinstone

« Svar #78 på: September 30, 2008, 18:27:39 »
Hvis du vil kan du finne ut mer om laget her!
Only One United

Leeds United

Tom S

« Svar #79 på: September 30, 2008, 19:12:09 »
Fabian Delph

Stor og kraftig midtstpper som uten tvil har sin styrke i hodespillet og er en svært god takler. Mangler dessverre vesentlige kvaliteter med ballen i beina så dette blir nok aldri mer enn CCC kvalitet uansett.

Alta-White

???
COME ON LEEDS !!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #80 på: September 30, 2008, 19:16:02 »
Fabian Delph

Alta-White

???

Morsomt når disse innleggene dukker opp. Man vet ikke om man skal sette pannebrasken til eller bare riste på hodet...!  :o
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Roy

« Svar #81 på: September 30, 2008, 19:17:45 »
Fabian Delph

Alta-White

At det var....  ??? :o
Stand up and sing for LEEDS UNITED

John Clarke

« Svar #82 på: September 30, 2008, 20:16:27 »
En kamerat som er Tottenham-fan, fortalte akkurat at ryktene sier Fabian er i søkelyset til Commoli. Vært typisk om de kommer og robber oss enda en gang >:(

JC

Erik_

« Svar #83 på: September 30, 2008, 22:08:32 »
Rart om alle Tottenhamer og Spurser og Commolier og hva de nå heter, ikke hadde fått øynene opp for Fabian Delph. Må nok regne med spekulasjoner i mange sesonger fremover. :)

Budda

« Svar #84 på: Oktober 01, 2008, 10:45:48 »
Vi må nok rykke opp i år for å greie å holde på Delph. Hvis vi gjør det, så er det vel mer attraktivt å spille i Championship enn på reservelaget til Tottenham. Har jo ikke gått så bra med Rose heller
Endre

h.b

• Gjest
Hva vil Delph selges for
« Svar #85 på: Oktober 13, 2008, 09:29:20 »
Slik Fabian Delph spiller nå, så er det liten tvil om at de store klubbene i Premier league vil sette inn støt etter vår juvel. Men hva vil han koste. Slik historikken har vært, så selger Leeds alltid,  og det billig ( ferdinand var et unntak )
Walcott kosta Arsenal 12 millioner  ;D
Mick Jones har annydet 2 millioner  >:(
Jeg personlig tror Delph selges for rundt 4-5 millioner pund.  :(
Bates og Macca sier at Leeds ikke trenger å selge. Men selge gjør de så fort prisen er riktig.
Men hva vil prisen ligge på.

sportcarl1

Sv: Hva vil Delph selges for
« Svar #86 på: Oktober 13, 2008, 09:42:44 »
Jag tror inte han vill lämna Leeds, han får en bra utveckling i lugn och ro här, blir lagom steg med CCC nästa år och förhoppningsvis PL året därpå, minst 5 miljoner pund är han värd enligt mitt sätt att se, kanske det dubbla

Dennis

« Svar #87 på: Oktober 13, 2008, 09:44:24 »
Not for sale!

Et opprykk er verdt mer enn £4-5millioner, så hvorfor skulle en av de aller viktigste spillerne bli solgt for den prisen? Fordi Bates selger unna og putter alle punda i lomma si? Tulliball!
Marching on together!

Budda

« Svar #88 på: Oktober 13, 2008, 11:00:52 »
Hvis vi rykker opp i år, så trur jeg det er stor mulighet til å beholde han. Blir vi i League One, så tipper jeg at han drar for en 5-6 millioner pund. Tviler sterkt på at han drar denne sesongen. Så dum er ikke Bates.
Endre

auren

« Svar #89 på: Oktober 13, 2008, 11:02:14 »
3,25 millioner pund kontant, og beløpet kan stige til 4 millioner pund avhengig av kamper. 20% videresalgsklausul.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.