Skrevet av Emne: Under 18's  (Lest 237488 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Under 18's
« Svar #241 på: August 28, 2013, 18:09:05 »
Lucy Ward-intervju

Leeds United's Head of Education Lucy Ward explains why strong Mums and careful advice about agents help the club's Academy youngsters. She also reveals who has been the teacher's pet and who has been in the naughty corner at Thorp Arch! #lufc @wysdaily @bbcleeds @lucywardleeds

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1570668-head-of-education-spells-out-the-truth-at-leeds-utd-academy
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #242 på: September 01, 2013, 11:11:29 »
Artikkelen er om Mowatt og debuten hans, men handler såpass mye også om Development Squad at jeg også poster det her :)

Leeds United: Midfielder Mowatt’s ready to stake claim

Alex Mowatt is the latest graduate of United’s academy to get the club and fans excited about his potential. Phil Hay reports.

The youth development centre in Doncaster is one of Leeds United’s strongest. It was there that Danny Rose began to turn heads and there that Leeds first engaged a five-year-old by the name of Alex Mowatt.

Mowatt’s senior debut on Tuesday night was 13 years in the making and the tip of a large iceberg. They estimate that his association with United has involved over 250 appearances in different age categories and more coaching hours than Leeds’ academy staff can quantify. This is club recruitment in the modern age- a process which begins almost as soon as boys learn to walk.

Mowatt’s story is typical of so many of the teenagers around him at Thorp Arch. He was playing with Bentley Pumas, a junior club in Doncaster, when Leeds took him on. United run numerous development centres and coach a shadow squad on Friday evenings, the last stop before their academy. Players in the shadow squad turn out for their local teams over the weekend but are all on the verge of six-week trial during which time Leeds decide whether to bring them in-house.

The club signed Mowatt at the age of nine during the 2003-04 season. The date says much about the patience of academy systems and creates a certain irony – that Leeds should create a prospect for 2013 and beyond in a season when they and their senior squad were in untold trouble. Quietly and off the radar, the youth-team ranks at Thorp Arch worked on.

Mowatt’s debut for Leeds – a wonderfully proficient performance in their League Cup win over Doncaster Rovers – was seen as an inevitability by the time it came; “nailed-on” as one coach put it.

At the beginning of last season United’s development-squad manager, Neil Redfearn, and Under-18s boss Richard Naylor named Mowatt as captain for that age group. The aim was to bring a youngster described as driven, stubborn and fairly quiet out of himself; to instil in Mowatt more maturity and authority.

Leeds’ Under-18s won their league at a canter with him in the thick of the team until an ankle injury claimed him towards the end of the term. He was the stand-out player in an FA Youth Cup tie at Liverpool in February and regularly appeared in Redfearn’s Under-21 line-up. It was with the Under-21s that Mowatt sold himself to first-team manager Brian McDermott last month, pulling the strings from the centre of midfield in a friendly against Shelbourne. McDermott arrived back at Thorp Arch with much to say about the 18-year-old’s talent.

For a while there had been some doubt about when Mowatt’s injured ankle would allow him to play again. He underwent repeated scans while Leeds worked out the root cause of the pain but was cut loose on the training ground in time to negate the effect of many inactive weeks. Having signed a two-year professional contact in March, it was not in his interests to lose most of his summer as his contemporary, Chris Dawson, did.

Emerging footballers have a habit of changing positions over time and finding new niches as their body shapes change. Mowatt has always been a midfielder and was one of several first-team scholars who beneF***ed from the perceived ignominy of playing below his age group. It is a strategy used regularly by Leeds, allowing raw Under-18s to play more freely at Under-16 level. Byram was told to take that step; so too Fabian Delph and Jonathan Howson. The list is so long and distinguished that United no longer need to explain their rationale.

Mowatt is known among the senior players as wonder-boy and has the nickname ‘MC’ among his peers (he was, according to those who know about these things, a dab hand in rap competitions). As part of United’s scholarship he recently earned a BTEC in sports science, the equivalent of two A-Levels. Academies in the main are aware of the need to provide exit-routes for those who fall short in professional football and require alternative employment. Mowatt might not have that problem.

There is, already, an element of superstition about him. For several years his mother and father were unofficially banned from watching him. It was the midfielder’s view that his performances suffered with his parents looking on. Employees at Thorp Arch do their best to keep them in the loop and provide tickets on the quiet.

They were in Doncaster, Mowatt’s home town, on Tuesday to see his nerveless display of passing and moving and the deep cross which created Leeds’ first goal. Appraisals of him afterwards ranged from “immense” to “amazing”. The significance of his debut was that it asked more of him than a 10-minute runaround; starting against a Championship club forced Mowatt to sink or swim.

The months ahead will be an education in more ways than one. Prior to their second-round tie at the Keepmoat Stadium, United’s squad met at a hotel in South Yorkshire for their pre-match instructions. Unfamiliar with the routine, Mowatt travelled instead from Doncaster to Thorp Arch, only to realise that the rendezvous point had been on his doorstep. But the senior circle has welcomed him with open arms. The players around Mowatt on Tuesday night sent him home with pats on the back and a signed shirt.

The interest in his appearance was such that members of Leeds’ development squad paid for tickets at the Keepmoat. Simon Lenighan, Luke Parkin and others made sure they were there. Goalkeeper Alex Cairns – another Doncaster native – sat on his hands in the home end while Leeds fought through to a third-round game at Newcastle United. That is the beauty of a debut like Mowatt’s – the envy and ambition it provokes on the fields of Thorp Arch. You have not seen the last of him, or the half of him.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-midfielder-mowatt-s-ready-to-stake-claim-1-6001978
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #244 på: September 03, 2013, 23:03:09 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #245 på: Oktober 14, 2013, 19:59:29 »
På tur til London og eksperimenterer med guttetur på hotell og selvsagt TAP igjen:

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1cd6ry9ys8ueg1h598adcte7g8/title/under-18s-lions-trip-was-an-experience

...pussig forsøk...
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #246 på: Oktober 20, 2013, 12:58:03 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #249 på: November 25, 2013, 18:48:26 »
2-2 mot Coventry.

Ikke de største prestasjonene her...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22l7-tZr_Gs#t=112
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #251 på: Februar 10, 2014, 12:18:26 »
3-1 seier etter 0-1 ved pause:
Frank Mulhern levelled matters in the second half, though, and Richard Naylor’s side continued to dominate. Mulhern added a second goal, and Tom Lyman made it 3-1.

United: Peacock-Farrel, Booker, Coyle, Berry, Assenso, Roper, Crouz, Cook, Lyman, Mulhern, Mbanje.

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/cvxksp39op3b175dz42d3ckml/title/under-18s-blades-blunted

:)

The Blades win followed a 4-1 success against Birmingham City the previous weekend when Mulhern, Purver, Phillips, and Mbanje all scored.

Interessant å se noen nye navn i troppen!  :)
« Siste redigering: Februar 10, 2014, 12:22:31 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #252 på: Februar 24, 2014, 14:10:25 »
Et ungt talent på vei opp:

**EXCLUSIVE** Lewis Cook interview

We speak to the young midefielder after his call-up to the England under 17's squad for their trip to the Algarve.

BARE PÃ… LUTV!!!  ;)

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #253 på: Februar 24, 2014, 20:04:14 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #254 på: Mars 31, 2014, 22:56:59 »

Leeds youngster helps England qualify for finals

Leeds United youngster Lewis Cook can look forward to the European under-17 championships this summer after helping England qualify for the finals when they topped their final qualifying group in the Czech Republic in the last week.

The Leeds United academy product played in two of England`s three elite group qualifiers as they topped their group with a 100% record.

The young midfielder played the whole game as they started their elite group qualifying with a 1-0 win over the host country Czech Republic.

Cook sat out the second game as they beat Albania 1-0 to leave them needing just one point from their final game against Italy today.

England didn`t settle for a point against the Italians, who could have beaten them to top spot with a win. Cook played 76 minutes as they beat Italy 2-1to book their place in the finals in Malta in May.

Hosts Malta, along with Switzerland, Turkey, Holland, Scotland, Germany and Portugal will join England in the finals that take place in Malta between May 9th and 21st.

The finals will see the eight teams split into two groups of four with the top two in each section booking their place in the semi-finals and England will find out whom they will face in their group when the draw is made in Valetta, Malta on April 9th.

The 17-year-old has now won 8 caps for the under-17s since making his debut against Portugal in August.

The youngster is a first year scholar at Elland Road and he has made nine appearances for the under-18 side this season scoring twice.

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=354735#ixzz2xZlCIFhX
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #255 på: April 01, 2014, 15:06:49 »
Lojo, det var her du skulle komme inn....

Eller har du kommet ut av tellingen på positiviteter?  ;)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #256 på: April 14, 2014, 23:49:34 »
4-1 over Brentford!

http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/george-pilbeam-leeds-14.04.14-1487861.aspx?

Tom Lyman put the hosts ahead inside a minute but The Bees dominated the rest of the half and deservedly equalised through Courtney Senior.
Brentford had chances to take the lead but were hit by Euan Mulhern’s second-half hat-trick to slip to a first defeat in five league games.

Read more at http://www.brentfordfc.co.uk/news/article/george-pilbeam-leeds-14.04.14-1487861.aspx#B88JYGEuJ4VDvufl.99

Og fra Leedsweb'en:
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1cddezqimq0jc18dq3e60qsv2q/title/mulhern-treble-sees-off-brentford?

« Siste redigering: April 15, 2014, 11:23:51 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #257 på: April 18, 2014, 17:22:07 »
1-1 mot allerede seriemester Huddersfield:

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1lq76j86bd0nn1f1h0nmldrr3n/title/stokes-returns-with-a-goal?

“Huddersfield have also won the league but we were the better team on Thursday. We played some good football so that was also pleasing.”

Min første Leeds-kamp:

sportcarl1

« Svar #258 på: April 18, 2014, 17:46:06 »

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1lq76j86bd0nn1f1h0nmldrr3n/title/stokes-returns-with-a-goal?

“Huddersfield have also won the league but we were the better team on Thursday. We played some good football so that was also pleasing.”

finns det någon blivande stjärna i laget?

Promotion 2010

« Svar #259 på: April 18, 2014, 18:23:14 »

finns det någon blivande stjärna i laget?

Lewis Cook og Mulhearn har fått bra med skryt. Står en artikkel om Cook lenger oppe på denne siden.  :)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #260 på: April 23, 2014, 23:17:09 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #261 på: Mai 12, 2014, 09:13:59 »
Lewis Cook gjør det tydeligvis bra for det engelske landslaget i aldersbestemte klasser (U-17). Verdt en egen tråd snart?
http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=358789
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #262 på: Mai 12, 2014, 20:41:28 »
Young Leeds United midfielder Lewis Cook started for England as the under-17s national side booked their place in the last four of the European Championships in Malta.

Cook completed the 90 minutes as England came from a goal down to beat Turkey 4-1 in their second group game.

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=358872#ixzz31WoEVVIp
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #263 på: Mai 13, 2014, 12:28:25 »
LEWIS LOVING LIFE WITH THE LIONS

United youngster enjoying international experience...

Published 12 May 2014 at 10:00

United youngster Lewis Cook says he is enjoying every minute of his Young Lions experience.

The midfielder came off the bench for England Under-17s opening game of the European Championships, against Malta at the weekend.

"So far in my career it is the biggest match I've ever played in,” said Lewis.

"The atmosphere was amazing. I was on the bench, and looking at all the kids with the clappers and singing, it was fantastic.

"Coming on was great for me, I really enjoyed it and it was good to get on the ball.

"It was a great start to the tournament. We needed to get a positive result to get us going.

"We knew had a good chance against Malta, but we didn't get complacent, and we played well and got a few goals."

Having beaten Malta 3-0, England could qualify for the semi-finals on Monday if victorious against a Turkey side, who lost their opening game against Holland.

"I like a midfield battle and I think that's what will be in store when we face Turkey - it'll be my sort of game,” added Lewis.

"We've played them twice and both times they were very physical and hard-working - so we need to match that.

"So it's going to be very tough, but I like that type of game, so I can't wait to get out there.

"We know they have to win if they are to get into the semis, so they will come at us.

"But we know we are through if we win, so we'll be giving it everything to get the three points.

"We can use the experience gained from the final qualifier with Italy. That was tough, but we fought through that and this squad has enough about it to do it again against Turkey."

- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/965nzdunu62l1g36zaqlkve9k/title/lewis-loving-life-with-the-lions#sthash.rQoach12.dpuf
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #264 på: Mai 13, 2014, 23:24:40 »
LUFC Young keeper preparing for busy summer

Young Leeds United goalkeeper Eric Grimes is the latest player from the clubs academy looking to excel this summer whilst on international duty.

With 17-year-old Lewis Cook doing well with the England under-17`s team in the European Championship finals in Malta, 19-year-old Grimes is preparing with Republic of Ireland for the final qualifying groups ahead of this summer`s European under-19`s finals in Hungary later this summer.

Grimes joined up with the squad at the weekend ahead of two friendlies with Mexico this week. The two friendlies on Tuesday and Thursday will prepare Ireland for the qualifying games against Iceland (May 28th), Turkey (May 30th) and holders Serbia (June 2nd).

Only the group winners will qualify for the finals in Hungary in July and Ireland have home advantage will all the group games taking place in Ireland.

Vital Leeds will continue to keep you up to date with how both Grimes and Cook do on international duty during the summer.

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=358984#ixzz31dJlyTCp
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #265 på: Mai 19, 2014, 12:23:21 »
England U-17 til Eurofinalen:

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/114h6uoldnclw18uxu6kee7rlu/title/euro-final-for-cook

90 minutter på Lewis Cook, klar for finale mot Holland som sendes på Eurosport på onsdag!  :)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #266 på: Mai 19, 2014, 12:36:17 »
England U-17 til Eurofinalen:

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/114h6uoldnclw18uxu6kee7rlu/title/euro-final-for-cook

90 minutter på Lewis Cook, klar for finale mot Holland som sendes på Eurosport på onsdag!  :)

LUFC Young midfielder helps England reach final

Young Leeds United midfielder Lewis Cook is one game away from European glory with England after the England under-17`s side booked their place in the European Championship final.

Cook played the 80 minutes as England beat Portugal 2-0 in their semi-final clash on Sunday afternoon.

England rode their luck in the first half as Portugal hit the woodwork on three separate occasions but after the break, England took their chances.

Chelsea striker Dominic Solanke scored his third goal of the tournament to give England the lead twelve minutes into the second half.

England secured the victory with just six minutes remaining when Fulham`s Patrick Roberts scored a second.

Holland stands in the way of England claiming the trophy on Wednesday. Holland beat England 2-0 in their final group game last week and they booked their place in the final with a 5-0 win over Scotland.

The game is live on Eurosport at 6pm on Wednesday.

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=359339#ixzz329lkBQ2J
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #267 på: Mai 21, 2014, 20:57:00 »
Lewis Cook har nettopp spilt EM-finale for England U17 og VANT GULL!   ;D

Gutten fikk 77 minutter på midtbanen.

England vant 5-2 totalt etter 1-1 i ordinær tid!

Kan noen komme på sist en Leeds-spiller vant et internasjonalt trofé for sitt landslag!?   8)

http://www.uefa.com/under17/season=2014/matches/round=2000377/match=2014126/postmatch/report/index.html#england+beat+dutch+penalties+take+title
(På bildet er bl.a. nr 14 Lewis Cook)

Forza Leeds!   :)

Intervju gjort FØR finalen:
https://audioboo.fm/boos/2183025-cook-england-can-win-euro-trophy
« Siste redigering: Mai 21, 2014, 21:30:07 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #268 på: Mai 21, 2014, 23:34:30 »

LUFC Cook celebrates European glory

Young Leeds United midfielder Lewis Cook played his part as England lifted the European under-17`s championship in Malta against Holland.

Having started on the bench when the two sides met in the group stages last week, Cook started the final as England avenged that 2-0 defeat with a penalty shoot-out win.

Cook was replaced late in the game as England won 4-1 on penalties after the game had finished 1-1 in normal time.

England controlled the first half and they deservedly took the lead when impressive Chelsea striker Dominic Solanke scored his fourth goal of the tournament on 25 minutes.

Just as it looked like England would go in deservedly ahead, Holland equalised on the stroke of half time.

In a tight and tense second half, Cook found himself in the referee`s book as the game entered the final fifteen minutes and with a penalty shoot-out looming, Middlesbrough midfielder Callum Cooke replaced Lewis in the England midfield.

Cooke was brought on to take a penalty and he duly converted as England scored with their first four penalties.

Newcastle United goalkeeper, Fred Woodman saved the first penalty and as the pressure grew on the Dutch, two more penalties were fired wide as England celebrated.

Congratulations to Lewis and the England under-17`s team.

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=359622#ixzz32O8M60su
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #269 på: Mai 24, 2014, 12:21:48 »
Min første Leeds-kamp: