Skrevet av Emne: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 10  (Lest 79189 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

kjelvi

Sv: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 10
« Svar #240 på: Desember 01, 2009, 08:58:34 »
Forward Mark Viduka, who was released by Newcastle last season, is set to abandon his retirement plans by signing for new Australian side Melbourne Heart.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2752621/Viduka-plans-to-relight-Fire.html

Hull want Sheffield United centre-back Matt Kilgallon. He's also a £1million target for Bolton and Newcastle in the January transfer window. (Star)

kjelvi

« Svar #241 på: Desember 01, 2009, 23:21:06 »
Derby striker Rob Hulse, who rejected a move to Middlesbrough in September, is a £3m target for Wolves.
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Wolves-willing-to-pay-Derby-3m-for-striker-Rob-Hulse-article239339.html

kjelvi

« Svar #242 på: Desember 02, 2009, 08:56:24 »
Former Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant, who is currently with Real Zaragoza, is a target for Aston Villa.
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-line-up-former-Birmingham-star-Pennant-article241027.html

NEW DEAL DOWN UNDER FOR BRIDGES
Former Sunderland, Leeds and Newcastle striker Michael Bridges has extended his contract with Australia's Newcastle Jets until the end of the 2012 A-League season.
Bridges, who returned Down Under in October, has scored four goals in seven matches and the club were keen to retain his services for the next two seasons.
The 31-year-old said: "I am absolutely delighted. It has been fantastic since I have come here both on and off the field."

* Sheffield United are to hold a last-ditch round of talks in a bid to keep Matthew Kilgallon. (MIrror)
* Sheffield United will hold last-ditch contract talks with Matthew Kilgallon. Hull, Bolton and Blackburn are all keen on the defender who has already snubbed two offers of a new and improved deal. (Star)

Chairman Adam Pearson must sell bit-part players to tackle Hull's £10million debut. (Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #243 på: Desember 03, 2009, 09:26:12 »

Derby will land Everton striker James Vaughan on loan until May to replace Wolves-bound Rob Hulse. (Mirror)

RAMS DENY WOLVES HULSE BID
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/12/02/SOCCER_Derby.html

Richard Cresswell is to hold talks over a permanent move from Stoke to Sheffield United, where he has been on loan. (Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #244 på: Desember 05, 2009, 11:19:45 »
Ridsdale slenger med leppa....
Cardiff manager Dave Jones says chairman Peter Ridsdale is free to criticise any of the club's staff.
Ridsdale told a fans' forum this week that he felt midfielder Joe Ledley was "playing like he is somewhere else already".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8395444.stm

Robbie Fowler: Natural born finisher
From a council estate in Toxteth to the sunny shores of Queensland, Australia - the career of Kop king Robbie Fowler has been quite a journey. One of the most natural finishers to grace English football, Fowler was revered as "God" by Liverpool fans, in awe of the composure in front of goal that helped him net 163 league goals to become the fourth most prolific striker in Premier League history.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=707080&sec=england&root=england&cc=5739

Robbie Blake wants to stay in the Premier League with Burnley. (Mirror)
« Siste redigering: Desember 05, 2009, 11:24:31 av kjelvi »

kjelvi

« Svar #245 på: Desember 06, 2009, 12:49:47 »
Both Chelsea and Sunderland are on the trail of Middlesbrough winger Adam Johnson, but the 22-year-old looks set to stay at the Riverside Stadium with a new contract worth £1.5m a year.
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/630851/ADAM-JOHNSON-is-ready-to-snub-a-big-money-move-to-Chelsea-or-Sunderland-after-Middlesbrough-came-up-with-a-new-pound15million-a-year-deal.html

kjelvi

« Svar #246 på: Desember 06, 2009, 15:09:45 »
Viduka not likely to play in A-League
The chances of Mark Viduka playing in the A-League look very slim according to sources close to the striker.
The ex-Celtic, Leeds, Middlesbrough and Newcastle goalscorer has recently been linked with a return to Australia to play in the A-League but it seems as though he is happy doing his thing in Croatia with his family.
"I think you will find he has come back to visit his family and to catch up with friends," a source said. "Mark is apparently enjoying life without football, and it shows.
"If he wanted to continue playing I am sure he would still be in Europe and he would be doing it to stay in shape to play for the Socceroos at the World Cup.
"The thing is, Mark has nothing to prove any more. He has a (Croatian) wife (Ivana), three wonderful kids and an extensive property portfolio in Croatia. I think you'll find he will continue to live in Croatia and enjoy the lifestyle there."
Viduka was linked with a move to incoming A-League club Melbourne Heart but it now looks as though his time in the game is up after a stellar career where he scored 162 goals in 361 games.

Ex-Portsmouth boss Hart in frame for Man City move
Former Portsmouth boss Paul Hart is being linked with Manchester City.
The News of the World says the defeat of City's youngsters in the FA Youth Cup at Preston last weekend has led to talk of former Portsmouth manager Hart being called in to work with the youth team.
Hart is close to technical development manager Brian Kidd and is being lined up for a role at Eastlands.
Youth team coach Scott Sellars has been blamed for the club's cup exit, although he is on a steep learning curve at City.
Hart has yet to be offered a job by City, but he recently turned down Pompey's offer to make him director of football.
Hart earned his reputation in the game working with kids and his was the name on everyone's lips at City's training ground last week.

Bowyer's reputation means no England World Cup call up
Birmingham City midfielder Lee Bowyer admits his reputation will prevent him playing in next year's World Cup.
Bowyer has scored five times this season, including the winner in the Blues' last two games, but the 32-year-old knows that problems from his past mean he will never play for England.
The midfielder hit the headlines when he was forced to attend two trials alongside Leeds team-mate Jonathan Woodgate following an attack on a student in the city in 2000.
Woodgate was convicted of affray and ordered to do community service, while Bowyer was acquitted of both affray and causing grievous bodily harm.
"I could score 20 goals this season but there is absolutely no way I am going to be on that plane to the World Cup. No way whatsoever," Bowyer told The Guardian.
"There are too many people who have made up their minds about me and wouldn't want me anywhere near the England team."
Sven-Goran Eriksson gave him his only England cap, in a friendly against Portugal in September 2002.
"It was a brave thing for an England manager to do at that time, but everything was dredged up in the media and, after that, I didn't get another look-in," Bowyer added.
"I've got one cap but it should have been 20 or 30, maybe even more, and that's not me being big-headed. I just think I deserved to play for England a lot more.
"I got three player-of-the-year awards at Leeds in a side that got to the semi-finals of the Champions League. I scored six goals in the competition, which made me the joint top scorer, and Uefa put me in their team of the tournament.
"But I got nothing in England. Instead they just brought in some rule from nowhere that said a footballer shouldn't be allowed to play for England if they were involved in a court case.
"I thought there was a saying in this country that you were innocent until proven guilty. I was the exception. I was seen as guilty even though I was innocent. And that's what I was - innocent.
"But they made up this new rule that had never been used before and that seems to have been mysteriously dropped now. It was like a campaign to keep me out.
"There have been loads of players who have had problems, court cases etc, outside of football and they have still been allowed to have international careers without always being reminded of it.
"Some have even captained England. But it's one rule for them, and another for me."

Villa hero Daley pays tribute to ex-Man Utd fullback Irwin
Aston Villa hero Tony Daley says former Manchester United fullback Denis Irwin was his toughest opponent.
Daley is now fitness coach at Wolves.
And when asked his toughest opponent, he told the Sunday Times: "Denis Irwin of Manchester United. The other one was Tony Dorigo but, fortunately, he joined me at Villa. I didn’t get any change out of Denis. I would get past him but all of a sudden, he would get a tackle in or get the ball off you. He was like a rash. "

kjelvi

« Svar #247 på: Desember 08, 2009, 17:04:21 »
Tottenham's out-of-favour striker Robbie Keane is a loan target for Celtic.
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Celtic-launch-ambitious-loan-move-for-Tottenham-striker-article248287.html

Ex-Leeds Utd director Simon Morris on blackmail charge
FORMER Leeds United director Simon Morris has been charged with conspiracy to blackmail.
http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/leeds/ExLeeds-Utd-director-Simon-Morris.5893238.jp

Barnsley are poised to sign Shaun Derry from Crystal Palace on a free transfer. (Mirror)

kjelvi

« Svar #248 på: Desember 09, 2009, 14:57:02 »
Tottenham's out-of-favour striker Robbie Keane is a loan target for Celtic.
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Celtic-launch-ambitious-loan-move-for-Tottenham-striker-article248287.html

Celtic's largest shareholder Dermot Desmond will hold the key to any potential move to take striker Robbie Keane on loan from Tottenham Hotspur. (The Times)

kjelvi

« Svar #249 på: Desember 09, 2009, 15:14:44 »
Burnley hope to tie up defenders Steven Caldwell and Clarke Carlisle on new deals. (Daily Star)

Budda

« Svar #250 på: Februar 10, 2010, 20:45:25 »
Delph starter for Villa mot Manu i dag  :o
Endre

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #251 på: Februar 26, 2010, 15:45:50 »
Vår gamle, sagnomsuste stopper Clarke Carlisle rides again :)

Nå omtalt blant 'smartingene' i engelsk fotball.

http://fotball.bt.no/eliteserien/article162494.ece
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #252 på: Februar 28, 2010, 11:37:22 »
The Times har et langt intervju med James Milner foran dagens finale.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article7043695.ece?token=null&offset=0&page=1

Om Milner/Rooney:
Sitat
Their career paths merged when they were both 16: Rooney became the youngest player to score a Premier League goal, only to lose his record to Milner a few weeks later. They were both regarded as prodigies and the BBC sports website conducted a nationwide poll on who had the greatest potential, Rooney or Milner?

It is easy to forget Milner’s introduction to the Premier League. He made his debut against West Ham at 16 in November 2002, five weeks later he got his first goal and five days after that, a stunning goal against Chelsea. A first-half substitute for the injured Harry Kewell, he made a run from the left across the penalty area but Mark Viduka didn’t see him, so he retreated back towards his wing as the striker played the ball to Eirik Bakke. He then made the same run, this time catching Bakke’s eye, pointing to where he wanted the ball. Bakke rolled it into his path, Marcel Desailly saw the danger and moved swiftly but Milner saw the defender’s outstretched leg and moved the ball away from it with a wonderfully adroit touch. He then took another touch and rifled a thunderous shot past Ed de Goey into the far corner.

Somebody asked Claudio Ranieri how he felt about a 16-year-old doing so much damage against his team. “Yes, 16,” said the Chelsea manager, “but he played with the brain of a 30-year-old.” Milner earned £80-a-week when he scored that goal and it seemed he would soon rise like Rooney to the top of English football. “Because we were the same age and broke through at the same time, there were always going to be comparisons. But he went to another level and I felt it helped me because all of the attention was on him and I was able to get on with things without that pressure. He pushed on into the England senior team and I played for the under-21s.” Ranieri wasn’t wrong when he alluded to Milner’s maturity. You mention that apart from Rooney’s extraordinary ability, the other great difference between his career and that of his contemporary’s was their respective list of Premier League managers.

VG har sakset dette intervjuet og levert en historie. Men der er det visst bare det han sier om Wayne Rooney som interesserer.
Utrolig! (...men ikke overrasende)

http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/engelsk/artikkel.php?artid=582037
« Siste redigering: Februar 28, 2010, 11:44:05 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #253 på: Februar 28, 2010, 11:51:06 »
...fra Milner-intervjuet:
The Reds and he go back a long way. “When I first started playing for the Leeds United Academy Under-11 team, we would get the fixture list and it was the same for everybody, ‘when are we playing Man United?’

“Even as 10-year-olds, we would get up for that game, our parents would be up for it and it was always an important day. I remember when I was young a Boxing Day match against Man United at Elland Road which we won 2-1, all the singing as we walked away from the ground afterwards. That was a happy Christmas. My parents were Leeds fans, uncles the same, and they didn’t like Man United. That’s the way you were brought up. I’ve always loved playing against Man United. I’ve always been desperate to win against them, that’s the Leeds in me.

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Tom S

« Svar #254 på: Februar 28, 2010, 12:00:51 »
Godgutt denne James!
Det hadde vert ein drøm å sjå han ikledd den hvite drakten igjen når vi er tilbake i PL, ca 2012.
COME ON LEEDS !!

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #255 på: Februar 28, 2010, 12:04:06 »
...fra Milner-intervjuet:
The Reds and he go back a long way. “When I first started playing for the Leeds United Academy Under-11 team, we would get the fixture list and it was the same for everybody, ‘when are we playing Man United?’

“Even as 10-year-olds, we would get up for that game, our parents would be up for it and it was always an important day. I remember when I was young a Boxing Day match against Man United at Elland Road which we won 2-1, all the singing as we walked away from the ground afterwards. That was a happy Christmas. My parents were Leeds fans, uncles the same, and they didn’t like Man United. That’s the way you were brought up. I’ve always loved playing against Man United. I’ve always been desperate to win against them, that’s the Leeds in me.

Kom hjem igjen James, kom hjem igjen! :'(

lojosang

« Svar #256 på: Februar 28, 2010, 13:15:39 »
Godgutt denne James!
Det hadde vert ein drøm å sjå han ikledd den hvite drakten igjen når vi er tilbake i PL, ca 2012.

Hvis han er dyr, selvfølgelig! Om kontrakten hans er gått ut og vi kan få ham gratis er det ikke noe å samle på!  ;D
- Leif Olav

Runar

« Svar #257 på: Mars 01, 2010, 12:51:49 »
Innbiller meg at han tar feil. Kan ikke komme på noen boxing day kamp mot man utd som ble 2-1 husker derimot en julaften der vi smalt til med en 3-1 seier.

olsen leeds

• Gjest
« Svar #258 på: Mars 11, 2010, 16:50:46 »
Colchester United manager Aidy Boothroyd has confirmed he wants to extend the contract of midfielder David Prutton.

The 28-year-old joined the Us in January after being released by League One rivals Leeds United.

The midfielder's short-term contract is set to expire in the summer but Boothroyd is keen for Prutton to remain in Essex.

"I am looking to extend his stay," said Boothroyd.

"From when he first arrived he has been a big presence around the squad and a voice in the dressing room.

"He has something to say and I like that, and I make sure I give it back! We'll be talking to him and seeing what we can do."

Promotion 2010

« Svar #259 på: Mars 15, 2010, 20:45:18 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #260 på: Mars 21, 2010, 23:19:15 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

jackbauer68

• Gjest
« Svar #262 på: Mars 25, 2010, 14:38:01 »

Promotion 2010

« Svar #263 på: Mars 25, 2010, 20:05:39 »
Jon Newsome:

http://www.pinkun.com/content/pinkun/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED25+Mar+2010+10%3A09%3A09%3A180

Om Norwich vs Leeds United

Er du ikkje i arbeid gutt??
Siden du tydeligvis sitter å leter etter all slags reportasjer hele dagen :o ;D

Gjør det bare slik at du kan slippe all denne surfingen.  ;)

Neida, det er jo sånn at når man er leder så blir det liksom så enkelt å jobbe. Tid til alt liksom...  ;D

Jeg savner Kjelvi!  :(
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #264 på: Mars 27, 2010, 09:23:22 »
Danny Mills wants Leeds win on old stamping ground
DAVID CUFFLEY

Last updated: 26/03/2010 11:41:00

Former World Cup defender Danny Mills makes no secret of where his loyalties are in tomorrow's big League One showdown between two of his former clubs at Carrow Road.

The Norwich-born full-back, who retired from football last August, played more times for Leeds United than any other club and now lives in Harrogate.

Despite starting his career with the Canaries, for whom he made 73 senior appearances, he admits: “If I'm honest I'd like Leeds to win tomorrow and then Norwich to win every single game after that.

“Although I was born and bred in Norwich, I'm now a Leeds fan because of the great times I had there as a player. When I left Norwich it was not on great terms.

“I have been to a few Leeds games this season and my boys are Leeds fans because I think it's important they support their local team.

“The perfect season for me would be Norwich and Leeds to go up and Charlton to win the play-offs - that way my three old clubs all get promoted.”

The 32-year-old Mills, capped 19 times by England, works in broadcasting as co-host of the BBC's Late Kick Off show in the North East, and will cover the World Cup for BBC 5 Live.

He was with Leeds for five years and was a member of the side that reached the Champions League semi-finals in 2001 and believes they are overdue to return to the big time.

He said: “Leeds is a massive club that should be in the Premier League with the amount of fans they have.

“Norwich is a relatively big club that certainly deserves to be in the Championship and with the size of the club could probably sustain themselves in the Premier League.”

Mills saw Leeds beat City 2-1 earlier in the season to go 11 points ahead of Paul Lambert's team.

He said: “It has been an incredible changeover, but even then Leeds were not playing fantastic football, they were digging out results.

“Norwich have got over their blip at the start of the season and gone from strength to strength and only a complete disaster can stop them going up.

“Anyone with half a football brain knows Norwich are promoted - the only issue is whether they will be champions. Going up will be great for the club and great for the city.

“Leeds are doing their best to throw it away.”

Mills sees some cause for optimism for Leeds tomorrow, however, one of which is the capture of one of his former Manchester City team-mates.

He said: “They've signed Paul Dickov to the end of the season. He worked with the manager at Blackpool. Dicky will score goals, he's very, very fit, has plenty of enthusiasm and is a great lad. I hope he can knock in a few goals for them.

“They also normally play better against a team that likes to play football and get it down and pass it.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #265 på: Mars 30, 2010, 14:21:16 »
Macca som spiller til Tadcaster!

http://www.wetherbynews.co.uk/sport/Taddy-sign-former-Leeds-legend.6188145.jp

Taddy sign former Leeds legend Gary McAllister

Gary McAllister in his Leeds playing days.

Date: 29 March 2010
TADCASTER Albion have announced a major transfer coup in the form of former Leeds and Liverpool midfielder Gary McAllister.
The ex Scottish international has signed on and will possibly be involved in the end of season run in.

He had a playing career that spanned 19 years and made 700 club appearences. He played for Motherwell, Leicester City, Leeds Utd, Liverpool and Coventry City. He won 57 cap for Scotland.

Taddy boss Paul Marshall played with McAllister for Harrogate Veterans at the weekend and asked him if he'd sign and he agreed.

McAllister- who scored a free-kick in the contest- looks likely to make his Albion debut in the coming weeks.

"Gary's 45 but he still looks fit and he can do a job for us," said Marshall.

"Hopefully he'll pull a few more supporters in."
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #266 på: April 01, 2010, 17:35:30 »
 Egentlig hører ikke dette hjemme under ex-player, men......

Sandnes Ulf har en Leeds-født spiller i stallen, 24 år gamle Jason St Juste. Han er en "flankespiller". Ã…rsaken til at vi ikke har hørt noe om han, er sannsynligvis at han har sin fotballutdanning fra Darlington og Southampton. St Juste kom til klubben i fjor og nettet 8 ganger på 14 kamper, og han går under kategorien spillere som man skal "se opp for".

Kilde: FotballExtra (TIPS)
Super Leeds since 1968

Tom S

« Svar #267 på: April 02, 2010, 15:49:48 »
1313 BST: Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has quashed rumours that midfielder James Milner might move to Manchester United.
Full story: ESPN Soccernet
COME ON LEEDS !!

Kickthemdown

« Svar #268 på: April 02, 2010, 16:01:34 »
1313 BST: Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has quashed rumours that midfielder James Milner might move to Manchester United.

No no no no no way.. Håper jeg  :-\

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #269 på: April 02, 2010, 16:04:54 »

No no no no no way.. Håper jeg  :-\

Det driter jeg i egentlig. Den dagen vi spiller i premier league. Ja da er Milner for lengst blitt bestefar og det er da liten sjangs for at han spiller mot oss