Skrevet av Emne: Utlånt spiller: Luke Ayling  (Lest 57905 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

lojosang

Sv: Spiller Luke Ayling
« Svar #270 på: Desember 20, 2023, 00:19:15 »
Synes det er synd at Ayling ikke er i rotasjon for tiden. Er bare et snaut år siden han hadde Gazpacho i lomma da vi tok poeng på Old Trafford. Jeg vil se Gray som indreløper igjen, tror han har flere mål i seg enn Kamara, og da kan Ayling gjøre det han gjør best. Spille høyreback.

Til dels enig. Han var ikke veldig god i høst, men ble avskiltet veldig brått!
Har han ikke slitt med skranglete knær i det siste?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

- Leif Olav

NT

« Svar #272 på: Januar 10, 2024, 19:06:51 »
En tid for alt, allikevel veldig trist

stian

« Svar #273 på: Januar 10, 2024, 19:13:56 »
Åtte år i en klubb er lang tid. Aylings åtte år i Leeds har vært som en evighet med tanke på alt som har skjedd. Leedsfans og medspillere på Elland Road bør gjøre en kollektiv Ayling Flop til ære for en spiller som nok får et bra navn i Leeds-historien.

leedslife

« Svar #274 på: Januar 10, 2024, 19:20:38 »
In the 2020-21 Premier League season, Luke Ayling covered the most distance of any defender - 409km - which is almost the equivalent of running 10 marathons over the course of the season. Brought so much energy and quality to a great team.

Sier litt om hva vi en gang var

LUFC data

Luke Ayling's Leeds United career:

268 appearances
251 league appearances
248 starts
134 games at Elland Road
121 games won
93 Premier League apps
83 clean sheets
81 games started as captain
45.1% win rate
21 assists
11 goals
9 different managers
8 seasons
4 Premier League goals
3 Premier League assists
1 Championship title
2019/20 PFA Championship Team of the Year
2019/20 Leeds United Goal of the Season
2019/20 EFL Championship Player of the Year
Dec 2019 EFL Fans' Champ PFA Player of the Month
Feb 2020 EFL Fans' Champ PFA Player of the Month

Luke is undoubtedly one of the club's greatest ever value signings at £200,000 from Bristol City in 2016, let alone one of the most popular in modern memory.

Amassing over 250 club appearances having made the right-back slot his own since 2016, he became an integral part of Leeds' Championship-winning title season in 2019/20 whilst blossoming under the leadership of Marcelo Bielsa.

Alongside his legendary 'flops' and iconic goal celebrations, he gave us so many brilliant moments to cherish.

His unforgettable volley against Huddersfield in March 2020 will always hold a special place in Leeds fans' hearts. His 91st minute winner in that remarkable comeback win from 0-2 down to a 3-2 win at Wolves in March 2022 also a brilliant highlight. So too was his long range volley in that magnificent 5-4 win at Birmingham in December 2019.

The right-back's attacking contribution for the club has been exceptional, scoring 11 goals and providing 21 assists for the club across all competitions. Ayling's top flight form in March 2021 brought him on the verge of an England call-up, with The Guardian reporting that manager Gareth Southgate was considering giving his first England call-ups to the Leeds defender.

His assists contribution alone deserves highlighting, with only Robert Snodgrass (54), Pablo Hernandez (40), Jack Harrison (31), Ross McCormack (26) and Luciano Becchio (25) registering more assists than Ayling (21) since the start of the 2004/05 season.

Having been deployed on the right side of defence and as part of a back three, the former Arsenal graduate became a master of the 'flop', winning fouls up and down the country, marauding forward down the right channel and massing huge numbers of tackles won.

His volume of game touches, ball carries, successful pressures, progressive ball carrying distance and physical output with tackles and duels won have made him a standout performer for the club over a successful seven-year spell.

A leader on and off the pitch, Luke became the club's vice-captain after Liam Cooper as well as a trusted member of the club's the leadership group. An incredibly popular club player, it speaks volumes for how he has also been seen in the dressing room and the boardroom that he has worn the captain's armband under seven different managers at the club. He also managed to start an impressive 81 matches as Leeds captain.

An inspiration to anyone with a speech impediment, Bill has never been one to shy away from answering difficult questions when facing the media, his post-match interview after the defeat at Nottingham Forest in 2020 proved an instrumental turning point in the club's fortunes amidst a sharp downturn in form and results.

Having made his 250th club appearance milestone in May 2023, he had since struggled for game time and fell behind the pecking order, but his contribution to the club and the way in which he has conducted himself and led Leeds on and off the pitch has been highly commendable and will always be appreciated.

Luke Ayling said in March 2021: "This club means everything to me. I've had some of the best times in football here to get promoted with this team. It's something that I'l look back in several years and think wow I was so lucky to do that."

A club icon, an inspiration, a success story and anything but a flop. It's hard to imagine Leeds without Luke.
« Siste redigering: Januar 10, 2024, 20:02:24 av leedslife »

raggen

« Svar #275 på: Januar 10, 2024, 19:25:32 »
Alt har sin ende og Aylings karriere har vært utrolig med sesongene under bielsa som toppen. bra spiller og bra mentalitet og ett godt forbilde vi kan være stolt over og ha hatt i klubben
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

Hallgeir *

Sv: Utlånt spiller: Luke Ayling
« Svar #276 på: Januar 10, 2024, 19:47:54 »
Da var det også på den offisielle siden.

Defender makes loan switch.

Leeds United full-back Luke Ayling has today joined fellow Sky Bet Championship side Middlesbrough.

The 32-year-old moves to the Riverside Stadium for the remainder of the 2023/24 campaign, at which point his existing contract at Elland Road will come to an end.

Joining the Whites from Bristol City in the summer of 2016 for a fee of £500k, Luke, or as he is affectionately known, Bill, would go on to become one of the best ever signings in the club’s history.

Making the first of his 268 appearances against Birmingham City at Elland Road, Ayling went on to be almost ever present during his first campaign, making 42 outings as the Whites narrowly missed out on the Sky Bet Championship Play-Off places.

Remaining a key player under Thomas Christiansen and Paul Heckingbottom, as fans became accustomed to the ‘Ayling Flop’, his career with Leeds excelled with the arrival of Marcelo Bielsa ahead of the 2018/19 campaign.

After helping Leeds defeat Stoke City and Derby County at the beginning of the season, Ayling scored his first goal for the Whites, the opener against Rotherham United at Elland Road, with his diving header just crossing the line, as we began to see the first of many trademark celebrations, this one, a click of the heels.

He popped up with another vital goal in March 2019 against Millwall. When Barry Douglas, who infamously played with virtually one leg in the second half crossed from the left, Ayling was on hand to head home to make it 2-2, before Pablo Hernandez netted the winner seven minutes from time to keep Leeds in the automatic promotion places, however, the season would ultimately end up in heartbreak in the Play-Offs.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/32702/luke-ayling-joins-middlesbrough
Super Leeds since 1968

auren

Utlånt spiller: Luke Ayling
« Svar #277 på: Januar 10, 2024, 19:51:54 »
En tid for alt, allikevel veldig trist
Her kom det litt rusk i øyet gitt. Selv om vi ser disse avskjedene rett som det er fra ex-spillere så vet jeg at dette menes 100 % og det treffer alle Leedsfans der ute også 🤍

Takk for alt Bill og lykke til i Boro!

auren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Russel_Doig

« Svar #278 på: Januar 10, 2024, 20:02:29 »
L U K E  A Y L I N G 💛💙💛

Hallgeir *

« Svar #279 på: Januar 10, 2024, 20:03:05 »
Det meste er sagt og skrevet før i denne tråden. I Luke Ayling har klubben hatt et fantastisk forbilde for andre spillere i klubbfotballen. Oppførsel og klubbfølelse har vært slik fansen elsker.

Det meste i livet har en slutt, men jeg kommer til å savne Luke Ayling og det han har vist, at klubbfølelsen har betydd så mye. Den type spillere blir det færre og færre av.
Super Leeds since 1968

Blank_File

« Svar #280 på: Januar 10, 2024, 20:21:10 »
Love the lad! En tid for alt. Kommer for alltid til å stå som en sentral figur i gjenreisningen av giganten fra Yorkshire!

TUNI

« Svar #281 på: Januar 10, 2024, 20:26:27 »
Takk for innsatsen Luke, og lykke til videre.
TERRY COOPER

Forever Whites

« Svar #282 på: Januar 11, 2024, 12:23:48 »
Ønsker ham lykke til videre og takker for hans innsats i klubben.  Han har vært et forbilde for mange både på og utenfor banen.
Medlem 94237

Fantasyland

« Svar #283 på: Januar 11, 2024, 19:57:15 »

auren

« Svar #284 på: Januar 11, 2024, 20:12:34 »
Vakkert! 🤍

auren

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

lojosang

« Svar #285 på: Januar 12, 2024, 19:39:41 »
Oufff..emosjonelt

https://youtu.be/151SicEXFXQ?si=iTDe2mI2PLTkviTw
Nå er det en nabo som skjærer mye løk her!

- Leif Olav

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #286 på: Januar 12, 2024, 19:55:51 »
Oufff..emosjonelt

Husker du klaget over det samme da Bob Dylan dro til med I Want You på Koengen i Bergen også :D
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

lojosang

« Svar #287 på: Januar 12, 2024, 20:00:02 »
Oufff..emosjonelt

Husker du klaget over det samme da Bob Dylan dro til med I Want You på Koengen i Bergen også :D
Folk skjærer oftere og oftere løk jo eldre man blir.

- Leif Olav

stian

« Svar #288 på: Januar 12, 2024, 20:36:58 »
Er det mulig å forlate en klubb på en bedre måte og med hodet høyere hevet enn det Luke Ayling gjør med den videoen??

Det er et par spillere på en annen type utlån fra Leeds som hadde hatt godt av å se den. Gnonto kan godt få en tvangsvisning han også. Sterke saker

Håvard

« Svar #289 på: Januar 12, 2024, 23:33:11 »
Ett stort forbilde for mange. Vil alltid være en av oss

lojosang

« Svar #290 på: Januar 25, 2024, 11:08:22 »
Dette er prima blødming!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-68084259

Old Peacock Inn blir til Luke Ale Inn.

- Leif Olav

stian

« Svar #291 på: Januar 25, 2024, 14:26:17 »
Dette er prima blødming!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-68084259

Old Peacock Inn blir til Luke Ale Inn.

Det er virkelig prima blødming  ;D Man må bare elske supporterhumor noen ganger.

Hallgeir *

« Svar #292 på: Mars 12, 2024, 22:24:31 »
Assist på ledermålet i kampen mot Birmingham.
Super Leeds since 1968