Skrevet av Emne: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11  (Lest 404174 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

jaho

Sv: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11
« Svar #1170 på: Oktober 04, 2017, 00:11:07 »
Gateshead have confirmed manager Neil Aspin will not be in charge of tonight's match vs. AFC Fylde - amid speculation of a move to #PVFC.

:)

Lurer på om han også spilte i Port Vale etter Leeds-karrieren..?

Artig å lese..spenstig at han gjorde ett kort come-back som spiller da han var manager i Halifax i en alder av 44..

Ca 200 kamper for Leeds. 350 for Vale...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Aspin

Hallgeir *

« Svar #1171 på: Oktober 04, 2017, 18:15:24 »
Ross McCormack er utlånt fra Villa til Melbourne i Australia.  :o
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1172 på: Oktober 24, 2017, 22:44:05 »
Gode gamle Alan Smith skåret for Notts County i dag!!!!  :)
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

auren

"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1174 på: Desember 05, 2017, 23:26:13 »
Mowatt med mål for Oxford i kveld!!!!  ;D

Oxford United

Great play by Napa who held up the ball before playing it wide to MOWATT who scores with a screamer. #GFC 1-2 #OUFC

« Siste redigering: Desember 05, 2017, 23:30:37 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #1175 på: Desember 09, 2017, 19:56:46 »
Matthew Kilgallon og Dominic Poleon scoret hvert sitt mål for Bradford i 4-3 - seieren over Rochdale i ettermiddag.
Super Leeds since 1968

Hallgeir *

« Svar #1176 på: Desember 09, 2017, 20:31:45 »
Wood fra start og Taylor på benken i seieren mot Watford. A poeng med Arsenal og Tottenham, på 7. plass i PL.

Jeg kan ikke annet enn å bli imponert over Burnley, sikkert med et av de laveste budsjettene i divisjonen.
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1177 på: Januar 02, 2018, 16:12:40 »
In Memoriam – John Faulkner (1948-2017)

1st January 2018Club News

All at Cray Wanderers are saddened to hear of the passing of John Faulkner aged 69 who passed away on December 28th.   John was one of the select few players who played for Cray Wanderers and later in the top flight of English football.

Orpington born John played for Cray for two seasons in 1967-68 & 1968-69 when Cray were in the Metropolitan League playing the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham and West Ham A Team’s.  Cray also had a good cup side at this time reaching the 3rd Qualifying Round of the FA Cup and also the last 16 of the FA Amateur Cup.  Faulkner was a key part of the side under the astute ownership of Mick Slater making 96 appearances scoring 14 goals before moving to Sutton United in 1969.  His performance in an FA Cup tie against Leeds United in January 1970 where he marked Mick Jones earned him a transfer to Leeds virtually straight away where he was deemed understudy to the aging Jack Charlton.  He played four times for Leeds making his league debut in April 1970 against Burnley and a couple of European appearances but following an injury found it hard to dislodge Charlton before moving to Luton Town in 1972 where he spent six seasons helping the Hatters to reach the 1st Division in 1974-75.

He played 209 games for Luton scoring six goals before spending the latter part of his career in American football with Memphis Rogues and California Surf.   He returned to England and became Reserve team manager at Norwich City in 1992 when Mike Walker was manager until 1995 and returned to Norwich in 1998 when Walker came back for a second time and became Assistant Manager at Carrow Road until 2000.

John is remembered fondly by all at Cray Wanderers and we pass our condolences and thoughts to his family and wish them peace at this time.

Cray v Eastbourne 67-68 # 2

John watches on as Barry Diggins goes close against Eastbourne Borough in 1968

Faulner Cray

John in the Cray Wanderers team lineup from 1968-69, first left in the back row

FaulknerJohn  leeds-squad-1971-1972

John in his Leeds United days, first left in the middle row.

s-l300  CslKhJEXYAAZ1jB

John went on to make 209 appearances for Luton Town between 1972-77, second left in the middle row pictured in 1974-75.

Here club historian Jerry Dowlen looks back at a game where John made a huge impact.

Two goals for John Faulkner as Cray defeat the Wombles

Cray Wanderers 3 Wimbledon Reserves 1

Metropolitan League (Autumn Shield)

Saturday 26th October 1968

This was an afternoon of contrasting fortunes for three Cray players of the 1960s decade … each of them named John!

Centre half and skipper John Dorey gifted Wimbledon an early goal after a mix-up with Cray’s ‘keeper Cyril Hill. And when Cray were awarded a penalty-kick in the 30th minute, John missed the target.

So it wasn’t one of John Dorey’s best games amongst the nearly 500 appearances that he made for Cray. But on 31 minutes Cray levelled the scores when winger John Mears netted with a fine shot. And then in the 55th and 89th minutes came goals from wing half John Faulkner, both from headers, to seal a good win for Cray at Grassmeade.

Writing his match report for the Kentish Times, Ernie Oglivie noted for Cray’s opening goal that Mears ‘slung a fast, rising shot that Guy knew little about.’ That was the legendary Dickie Guy who went on to play nearly 600 games for the Dons first team and who once saved a Peter Lorimer penalty-kick in a sensational 0 – 0 draw in an F.A. Cup tie versus Leeds United at Elland Road.

Cray team: Hill, Bishop, Howe, Gauntlett, Dorey, Faulkner, McGannon, Wiltshire, McDermott, Hutchins, Mears.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1178 på: Januar 02, 2018, 20:12:58 »
På Sutton official:

John Faulkner

En route to Macclesfield yesterday we were saddened to learn of the premature passing of a true Sutton legend, John Faulkner.

John may have only played 43 games in Sutton colours but it was the story of his rapid rise from the lower reaches of English football to its very pinnacle is less than a year that captured the imagination, together with his performance against probably the toughest opposition in the club’s history.

John joined the U’s in the summer of 1969 from Cray Wanderers, then playing in the Metropolitan League, and he recalled having played in several positions before U’s manager Sid Cann convinced him that his future lay as a centre-half.  His eye for goal didn’t desert him though, he scored 6 times in just 25 Isthmian League games for the U’s but then Leeds United came calling in the 4th Round of the FA Cup. In those days nobody fielded weakened teams in the cup and Leeds, as maybe the best team in Europe at the time, paraded their first eleven – all full internationals – against the U’s.  It ended 6-0 but despite that John’s performance up against England international Mick Jones was good enough to persuade Leeds boss Don Revie to snap him up.  Sutton were amateurs back then so no transfer fee was involved but Leeds did make a voluntary donation of £500 to the club.

John’s Leeds career was cut short by injury but he then joined Luton Town, for whom he recorded over 200 appearances before playing in the States and then enjoying coaching spells at Luton and Norwich City, where he was also Assistant Manager.  John later became a sports psychologist and was a Visiting Fellow at the Cranfield School of Management. John was a keen visitor to Sutton for our Legends Days and volunteered to deliver to our many coaches the same lecture that he had already delivered to many sports clubs, including for Sir Alex Ferguson, on how to maximise the potential of sports teams.

That lecture, about three years ago, was the last time we saw John. A few months later we learned that he had fallen ill and, like all of his friends in football, we were devastated yesterday to learn of his death at the age of 69.

Our thoughts and condolences go to his family and friends at this sad time.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #1179 på: Januar 22, 2018, 10:46:24 »
PepClotet fikk sparken i Oxford nå i dag tidlig. Klubben ligger på 10 plass i league one og 8 poeng unna playoff. De tapte hjemme for Bury denne helga. Så plassering, avstand til playoff og tap for bånnlag ligner litt på Leeds. Men i den klubben holder ikke det når de satser på opprykk

HåvardK

« Svar #1180 på: Januar 22, 2018, 12:33:10 »
Oxford høres ut til å være en mønsterklubb, ja.

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #1181 på: Januar 22, 2018, 12:37:05 »
Oxford høres ut til å være en mønsterklubb, ja.

Mønsterklubb finnes vel ikke hvis man er bestemt for å satse

RoarG

« Svar #1182 på: Januar 22, 2018, 13:48:15 »
PepClotet fikk sparken i Oxford nå i dag tidlig. Klubben ligger på 10 plass i league one og 8 poeng unna playoff. De tapte hjemme for Bury denne helga. Så plassering, avstand til playoff og tap for bånnlag ligner litt på Leeds. Men i den klubben holder ikke det når de satser på opprykk
Man samler ikke på 10.plasser i Oxford, nei.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #1183 på: Januar 22, 2018, 13:56:34 »
Tror akkurat vi skal være forsiktige med å hovere om hvordan andre klubber driver....er ganske sikker på at de aller fleste i England har ledd av oss i mange år allerede....

RoarG

« Svar #1184 på: Januar 22, 2018, 14:08:03 »
Tror akkurat vi skal være forsiktige med å hovere om hvordan andre klubber driver....er ganske sikker på at de aller fleste i England har ledd av oss i mange år allerede....
Hoverte ikke på Oxfords regning. Skjønner Oxford-styrets frustrasjon godt, jeg. Får ikke det de har betalt for.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Hallgeir *

« Svar #1185 på: Januar 22, 2018, 17:31:24 »

Jeg er ikke bare ganske sikker, men helt sikker.

Under Cellino var vi Englands klovneklubb nr. 1. Nå er det heldigvis bedre tider.
Super Leeds since 1968

Hallgeir *

« Svar #1186 på: Januar 26, 2018, 21:13:01 »
Aaron Lennon er solgt fra Everton til Burnley.
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1187 på: Februar 10, 2018, 00:53:23 »
David Caird

RIP Liam Miller, 36 yrs of age and taken away from us too young, thoughts with his family and friends through this difficult time #liammiller #rip #lufc #footballfamily

Paul Grimley

RIP Liam Miller. Crossed the boundary from red to white but will always have a place in @LUFC folklore for that Saturday afternoon in Southampton. Horrible situation and horrible disease.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1188 på: Februar 14, 2018, 14:54:52 »
Bambis selvbiografi:

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1189 på: Februar 19, 2018, 18:25:07 »
Går ikke så bra med den godeste Elliott Kebbie

Billericay Town FC
NEWS UPDATE | Elliott Kebbie has left the club by mutual agreement,
From all at @BTFC we wish him all the best

Han var vel linket til de fleste storklubbene i Europa i sin tid!

Elliott Kebbie, som forlot klubben i tenåra til fordel for Atl Madrid, spilte i går for Sandefjord mot Kristiansund på La Manga.
Fra Leeds til Atletico Madrid til Sandefjord. Høres ut som han har hatt en eventyrlig utvikling.

Du kan lese om ham her :)

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-02-20/ex-leeds-united-and-atletico-madrid-starlet-kebbie-my-career-starts-now-in-norway/
Min første Leeds-kamp:

stian

« Svar #1190 på: Februar 25, 2018, 19:35:10 »
Mirko Antenucci med god kamp og viktig scoring for SPAL i Serie A i dag. Toppscorer for SPAL med 7 mål.

RoarG

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1192 på: Februar 27, 2018, 07:36:36 »
Tidligere Leeds-spiller Mark Aizlewood fengslet (6 år :o) for svindel.
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/former-leeds-united-star-mark-aizlewood-jailed-for-fraudulent-5million-apprentice-scheme-1-9037325

Former Leeds United star Mark Aizlewood jailed for fraudulent £5million apprentice scheme PA REPORTER Email Published: 18:32 Monday 26 February 2018 Get Daily Updates To Your Inbox Sign up

Former Leeds United star Mark Aizlewood, 58, has been jailed at for his part in a bogus £5million sports leadership scheme. Aizlewood, along with fellow ex-professional footballer Paul Sugrue were sentenced for scamming £5 million from schools and colleges through a bogus sports leadership scheme. Mark Aizlewood tells court of wife's suicide They told colleges across the country they would provide full-time training in football coaching as well as work experience and a £95 weekly stipend to 3,800 students.

But in reality, hundreds of the students on their books did not even exist, many lived at the opposite end of the country from the training scheme, while others were doing just two to three hours of study a week. Earlier this month, Aizlewood was convicted of one count and Sugrue of two counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation by offering the non-existent apprenticeships through their firm Luis Michael Training Ltd. On Monday afternoon, Aizlewood was sentenced to six years, while Sugrue was sentenced to seven years in prison. Aizlewood was sentenced to six years and Sugrue was sentenced to seven years in prison. Judge David Tomlinson said: "There was a serious detrimental affect on colleges of further education."

He said it involved "eye watering sums of Government money" under the pretext of helping disadvantaged people, adding: "This was quite simply shameful exploitation." Aizlewood, from Aberdare, Mid Glamorgan, was acquitted of a second count of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation. Aizlewood and Sugrue, from Cardiff - along with fellow directors Keith Williams, 45, from Cemaes Bay, Anglesey, and Christopher Martin, 53, from Catmore, in West Berkshire - submitted false accounts to colleges to persuade them to do business with the firm. They promised the colleges it was the perfect opportunity for "Neets", or youngsters not in employment, education or training, to gain a qualification.

Williams was also convicted of two counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation, and was sentenced to four years in prison, while Martin was sentenced to five years and three months. Football coach Jack Harper, 30, from Southport, Merseyside, was convicted of fraud and using a false instrument. He was acquitted of another count of conspiracy to commit false representation. Harper was sentenced to 18 months in jail. Martin admitted two counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation ahead of trial, along with Stephen Gooding, 53, from Bridgwater, Somerset, who admitted one charge.

Gooding was sentenced to 20 months in jail. The company enrolled suitable apprentices to claim money from the colleges, which in turn received funding from the Government-run Learning and Skills Council (LSC), later renamed the Skills Funding Agency (SFA). Gooding and Harper, who were employed in the business, helped funnel new learners into the scheme. Some of the bogus students were sourced from a summer football camp run by Harper, who secretly enrolled students to apprenticeships without their knowledge or consent. LM Training even got sixth formers on work experience in its office to complete tests on behalf of learners, to make it seem like they had the minimum level of maths and English competency.

The work experience students were told they were just practice papers. When the scam unravelled, the Skills Funding Agency demanded its money back, leaving large deficits in the budgets of many schools. Aizlewood denied any wrongdoing, telling the jury he had been preoccupied by his late wife's spiralling mental health problems before her suicide in June last year. He told the court he had neither the "time or inclination" to carry out such a complex fraud during the period. The former player, who was capped 39 times for his country and made more than 500 appearances in the football league, described how his wife, Penelope, was suffering from alcohol and drug problems, as well as depression. At the height of his career in the late 1980s, Aizlewood commanded a transfer fee of £250,000 - the record was £1 million at the time - and Arsenal and England legend Ian Wright has said Aizlewood's name was the first in his autograph book.

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/former-leeds-united-star-mark-aizlewood-jailed-for-fraudulent-5million-apprentice-scheme-1-9037325
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1193 på: Februar 27, 2018, 07:40:18 »
Utdrag:

Aizlewood denied any wrongdoing, telling the jury he had been preoccupied by his late wife's spiralling mental health problems before her suicide in June last year. He told the court he had neither the "time or inclination" to carry out such a complex fraud during the period. The former player, who was capped 39 times for his country and made more than 500 appearances in the football league, described how his wife, Penelope, was suffering from alcohol and drug problems, as well as depression.

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/former-leeds-united-star-mark-aizlewood-jailed-for-fraudulent-5million-apprentice-scheme-1-9037325

Bare trist om vår tidligere kaptein som faktisk fikk sparken etter å ha vist egne fans fingeren!

>:(
Min første Leeds-kamp:

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #1194 på: Mars 07, 2018, 11:53:43 »
Ikke lett å være ex Leeds spiller nei
Fa er ute etter klubben, og dommerne liker tydeligvis ikke Leeds spillere. Her i ex utgaven Sanches Watt.

RoarG

« Svar #1195 på: Mars 07, 2018, 13:34:39 »
Har vi ikke facepalm emoji? Dette innlegget fortjener det. Nøyer meg med  :o :o :o, da.

Xern

« Svar #1196 på: Mars 07, 2018, 14:24:26 »
Har vi ikke facepalm emoji? Dette innlegget fortjener det. Nøyer meg med  :o :o :o, da.
Leste at det heldigvis ordnet seg ved at kapteinen løpte bort til dommeren og forklarte greia  ;D
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1197 på: Mars 10, 2018, 18:07:08 »
Paddy Power

Ball absolutely smashed into the side of James Milner's head from close range. The ball is being checked for signs of damage and has to be replaced. #MUNLIV

;)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1198 på: Mars 14, 2018, 17:27:09 »
Former ‘child prodigy’ footballer jailed for transporting drugs

Court told Robert Bayly (30) fell into gambling when he joined Leeds as a 14-year-old

Sonya McLeanabout 24 hours ago

Former Republic of Ireland and Leeds United youth football player Robert Bayly has been jailed for after  pleading guilty to possessing cannabis with intent to sell or supply. Photograph: Collins Courts.
Former Republic of Ireland and Leeds United youth football player Robert Bayly has been jailed for after pleading guilty to possessing cannabis with intent to sell or supply. Photograph: Collins Courts.
A former Republic of Ireland and Leeds United youth team footballer has been jailed for 2½ years after being caught transporting almost €200,000 worth of cannabis.

Robert Bayly (30) was described by his barrister as “a child prodigy” who fell into gambling when he moved to Leeds United as a 14-year-old.

His gambling continued into adulthood and he ultimately agreed to transport the drugs to pay off a €6,500 debt, Dominic McGinn SC told Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.

Bayly, of Cedarbrook Way, Ballyfermot, pleaded guilty to possession of the drugs for sale or supply at Cherry Orchard Drive on May 12th last.

Bayly, who also played for Shamrock Rovers and Drogheda United, has no previous convictions, the court heard.

Garda Neil McGrath told Antonia Boyle BL, prosecuting, that gardaí­ stopped the Nissan Almera Bayly was driving and noticed a “very strong smell of cannabis”. Bayly admitted there was “weed in the boot” before gardaí­ discovered 10 packages of cannabis, worth an estimated €194,284.

Bayly told gardaí that he agreed to transport the drugs so that a gambling debt of €6,500 would be reduced. He said he was in fear for his life and those of his daughter and girlfriend.

Garda McGrath told Mr McGinn that officers accepted that Bayly gave “a truthful account” of his role in the operation. “I got the impression that he didn’t fully understand what was happening,” he said.

Glad

The court heard that Bayly told gardaí­ in interview that he was glad he was caught because it meant that “a huge amount of drugs wouldn’t make it onto the street”.

Mr McGinn told Judge Martin Nolan that Bayly had a “huge amount of contact” with the older players in the three years he spent in Leeds, which was where he was introduced to gambling. He said his client’s addiction ran further out of control while he played for Shamrock Rovers and various other clubs.

“He was earning decent money as a footballer,” Mr McGinn said.

He said Bayly completed all but one week of a 12 week rehabilitative programme but left because he was offered a contract with Drogheda United.

Counsel said Bayly relapsed following the death of his grandmother and began to build up debt. He said he was under threat and at one point showed up for a match having been badly assaulted the night before.

Counsel handed in a number of testimonials and said Bayly was instrumental in helping football club Bluebell United set up a schoolboy training academy. He said he comes from a supportive family, is in a stable relationship and has a five-year-old daughter.

Mr McGinn said it would be “a tragic waste of my client’s abilities” if he were sent to jail.

Judge Nolan accepted that threats had been made against Bayly and that he felt forced to co-operate but he added that he was an adult when he committed the offence.

“He made a gross misjudgement. He should not have succumbed to those pressures,” Judge Nolan said before he jailed Bayly.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1199 på: Mars 14, 2018, 17:31:00 »
"Mr McGinn told Judge Martin Nolan that Bayly had a “huge amount of contact” with the older players in the three years he spent in Leeds, which was where he was introduced to gambling. He said his client’s addiction ran further out of control while he played for Shamrock Rovers and various other clubs."

Hvem spilte han sammen med i Leeds?
Min første Leeds-kamp: