Skrevet av Emne: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11  (Lest 404132 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

Kontakinte

Sv: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11
« Svar #1230 på: Juni 12, 2018, 14:47:25 »
https://www.teamtalk.com/news/ex-leeds-united-boss-takes-over-at-liverpool-ladies

Antakelig rett nivå NR

Liverpool Ladies have announced Neil Redfearn as their new manager ahead of the 2018-19 season.

Redfearn replaces Scott Rogers, who recently left the club after six years in various roles.

« Siste redigering: Juni 12, 2018, 15:45:22 av Promotion 2010 »

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1231 på: Juni 13, 2018, 07:22:25 »
World Cup 2018: Former Leeds United coach jets out to Russia with England

Published: 18:43 Tuesday 12 June 2018
Aidy Boothroyd.
Aidy Boothroyd.
England Under-21 boss Aidy Boothroyd will join the senior squad at the World Cup.

The 47-year-old former Leeds United coach travels to Russia with Gareth Southgate’s side on Tuesday as England continue to integrate their age-group coaches at different levels.

Yorkshireman Boothroyd’s involvement had been planned for a while, before he guided England Under-21s to a third successive Toulon Tournament title at the weekend.

The former Huddersfield Town defender will not join the coaching set-up in Russia, with England due to play their World Cup opener against Tunisia in Volgograd next Monday.

England Under-15 head coach Justin Cochrane joined Boothroyd in Toulon this year, while Under-20 head coach Paul Simpson was with the Under-21s during Euro 2017.

Southgate and his assistant Steve Holland also travelled to Poland to see Boothroyd and his squad last year.

The England Under-21s are five points clear at the top of Group 4 in their campaign to reach Euro 2019 in Italy and San Marino with four games remaining.

They beat Mexico 2-1 on Saturday to win the Toulon title after previous victories in 2016 and 2017.
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1232 på: Juli 25, 2018, 18:08:41 »
Bradford Park Avenue

CONFIRMED  | #BPAFC are delighted to confirm the signing of former @LUFC and @OfficialRUFC midfielder Chris Dawson, subject to FA approval!

The 23-year-old joins following a successful trial period

bpafc.com/dawson-added-t…

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1233 på: August 06, 2018, 22:57:45 »
Lucy Ward
Great to see Dan Batty starting for Hull tonight. Another example of not giving up on a career when released as a young player! Good stuff

RELEACED FROM LEEDS 5 YEARS AGO

Lucy Ward
Yeah too young. He had some strong midfielders in front of him and behind him so sometimes it is just better to go somewhere else to progress. Plus the club wasn’t in the best state the year he was released..That’s not to say the release isn’t traumatic for all involved..

White Knight LUFC
Five years ago Batty was shown the door by his boyhood club after being deemed unworthy of a scholarship at Elland Road. Too small and not strong enough was the blunt assessment

« Siste redigering: August 06, 2018, 22:59:24 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Torpe-do

« Svar #1234 på: August 07, 2018, 13:41:03 »
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/721337/Leeds-news-Dennis-Wise-Frank-Lampard-Marcelo-Bielsa-Derby-Premier-League-Championship

DENNIS WISE has revealed that he regrets not staying on as Leeds manager longer - but he admits he’d rather see Derby win promotion this season.

Wise looked to be turning things around but he controversially left his role to become Executive Director at Newcastle, cutting short his managerial career.

And while the 51-year-old wishes he’d done things differently, he has high hopes for his former side under new boss Marcelo Bielsa.

“I spent a period of time at Leeds where I probably regretted actually not finishing off where should’ve finished off when I was the manager there,” he exclusively told Starsport.

“So I actually always look at the results and look out for them. I hope Marcelo does well.

“I spent a wonderful 14 months at Leeds and my regret is that I didn’t actually carry on what I’d started and finish it off.
“It is what it is, it’s a great club and it’s had a lot of managers over the years.

“It’s been nearly getting there but not quite so maybe Marcelo’s the man to take Leeds forward.

“Let’s wait and see, it really is a difficult league as everyone knows to get out of.”

Another Chelsea legend, Frank Lampard, has recently entered the world of football management, taking the reins at Championship side Derby.

The ex-midfielder is being assisted by Wise’s old team-mate Jody Morris.

The Rams are aiming to return to the Premier League after losing in the play-offs last season and despite his affection for Leeds, Wise admits he’d prefer to see Lampard and Morris win promotion.

He added: “It would be nice to see Leeds back into the Premier League but if I’m being honest Derby is the team that I’m looking at because I have some of my friends there and I’d rather they get promoted.

“But I have got an affection for Leeds. If one team has to win it I would like Derby to win it and Leeds to come second. That’s my thought process on that one.”

Leeds kicked off the Bielsa era with a comfortable 3-1 win over recently relegated Stoke yesterday.

They return to action on Saturday as they visit Lampard's Derby.

Blank_File

« Svar #1235 på: August 07, 2018, 18:42:55 »
*vomit*

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1236 på: August 22, 2018, 20:01:10 »
Lottie

David Seaman on talk sport saying how he cried when Leeds sold him. And hearing the joy in his voice as he talks about the current Leeds side. Love him  #lufc

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1237 på: August 31, 2018, 16:15:56 »
Former Leeds United footballer Tommy Wright charged with accepting bribes

Grace Newton
Published: 14:00 Friday 31 August 2018
 editorial image
Former Leeds United winger Tommy Wright has been charged with corruption.

The Scotsman, now 52, has been charged with two counts of accepting a bribe and will appear in court in London.

Leeds United - loan transfer deadline day LIVE

He signed for Leeds United in 1982 and spent four years at the club, making 92 appearances and scoring 28 goals, before leaving for Oldham Athletic in 1986. He retired in 2000, having also played for Bradford City and Doncaster Rovers, and later became assistant manager at Barnsley.

Wright lives on Dark Lane in Barnsley and has been charged along with Giuseppe Pagliara, 62, of George Street, Manchester, and Dax Price, 47, of Susans Lane, Sittingbourne, who were both charged with two counts of paying and facilitating a bribe.

They will all appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court on September 24.

In the statement, the City of London Police said:

"In September 2016, the City of London Police were provided information by a national newspaper about various football agents who were thought to be facilitating bribes with individuals at football clubs, between May and September 2016.

"The information was reviewed by detectives and a criminal investigation was launched in November 2016.

"The three men were interviewed on a voluntary basis between December 2016 and April 2017."

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1238 på: September 04, 2018, 14:29:30 »
Bradford City AFC

BREAKING NEWS | We are delighted to announce the appointment of David Hopkin as the club’s new head coach!

READ full details here: bit.ly/2Q8fEJ4

#BCAFC

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1239 på: September 04, 2018, 22:28:04 »
I mangel av egen tråd - her er mye om Alex Sabella

https://www.thesquareball.net/leeds-united/sabellas-23/
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1240 på: September 11, 2018, 19:51:09 »
Nott County

| Today's trialist has been confirmed as midfielder Romario Vieira.

Kampen endte 1-1.
« Siste redigering: September 11, 2018, 19:58:45 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #1241 på: September 11, 2018, 20:41:56 »
Det ble vel en ganske trå start for Harry Kewell som manager i Notts County. Tap 1-5 om jeg ikke husker feil.
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1242 på: September 11, 2018, 22:32:14 »
Nott County

| Today's trialist has been confirmed as midfielder Romario Vieira.

Kampen endte 1-1.

Dette var en Central League (reserve-) kamp mot Doncaster om jeg ikke husker feil.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #1243 på: September 12, 2018, 14:27:23 »
Det ble vel en ganske trå start for Harry Kewell som manager i Notts County. Tap 1-5 om jeg ikke husker feil.
Har det ikke gått trått for Notts County stort sett mesteparten av tida? Tror de har ambisjoner om i spille mye høyere oppe, tradisjonsrike som de er.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1244 på: September 12, 2018, 14:33:11 »
Har det ikke gått trått for Notts County stort sett mesteparten av tida? Tror de har ambisjoner om i spille mye høyere oppe, tradisjonsrike som de er.

De var vel i toppen av fjerde divisjon i hele fjor. Sesongen før unngikk de nedrykk med et nødskrik.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Torpe-do

« Svar #1245 på: September 12, 2018, 17:22:47 »

De var vel i toppen av fjerde divisjon i hele fjor. Sesongen før unngikk de nedrykk med et nødskrik.

Unnar dei ingenting, uansett kor tradisjonsrike dei er, så lenge Harry Kewell er manager. Kvast, men det nå ein gong slik eg syns om karen.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1246 på: September 14, 2018, 20:58:26 »
Leon Wobschall

Great to see Aidy White featuring for Barnsley under-23s today - training with his old club to regain fitness. If anyone deserves some overdue good fortune, it is him. Smashing lad. #barnsleyfc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1247 på: September 14, 2018, 21:07:13 »
Leon Wobschall

Great to see Aidy White featuring for Barnsley under-23s today - training with his old club to regain fitness. If anyone deserves some overdue good fortune, it is him. Smashing lad. #barnsleyfc

...fortsatt bare 26, faktisk :o
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1248 på: September 15, 2018, 14:59:07 »
Hat trick på Lasogga i dag :o
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1249 på: September 15, 2018, 15:00:32 »
Hat trick på Lasogga i dag :o

Ideguchi :o

Joe Mewis
@joemewis

Goals with #LUFC connotations a-plenty in the German second tier. Yosuke Ideguchi has scored and Lasogga has netted a hat-trick
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1250 på: September 15, 2018, 19:08:20 »
Eunan O'Kane med en suspected broken leg.

Blir vel sendt hjem da :(
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1251 på: September 15, 2018, 19:11:57 »
Eunan O'Kane med en suspected broken leg.

Blir vel sendt hjem da :(

Huff dyrt. Kan jo leges på 6 uker. Men men...
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #1252 på: September 22, 2018, 19:50:57 »
Aaron Lennon med mål for Burnley i 4-0-kampen mot Bournemouth.

Wood inn etter 67'

Charlie Taylor har nå spilt de siste kampene fra start.
Super Leeds since 1968

sportcarl1

« Svar #1253 på: September 23, 2018, 10:06:15 »
Sharp målade igår

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1254 på: November 06, 2018, 22:54:32 »
Noen som husker Dylan Kerr?

Lee Langford
Any chance of a shout out @apopey for former LUFC player @legend3 who manages Kenyan champs Gor Mahia vs EFC at Goodison this evening?

Tapte forøvrig 0-4 mot Everton!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1255 på: November 06, 2018, 22:56:40 »

Lee Langford
Any chance of a shout out @apopey for former LUFC player @legend3 who manages Kenyan champs Gor Mahia vs EFC at Goodison this evening?

Ã…ja. :)
Men dessverre er det kun navnet jeg husker...
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

jaho

« Svar #1256 på: November 07, 2018, 21:00:38 »

Lee Langford

Mener at han var en ung lyshåret venstre back som spilte noen få kamper..men ikke helt sikker..

Hallgeir *

« Svar #1257 på: November 07, 2018, 21:45:44 »

Lee Langford

Mener at han var en ung lyshåret venstre back som spilte noen få kamper..men ikke helt sikker..

Var i klubben i '92 da vi vant serien. Født på Malta.
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1258 på: Desember 04, 2018, 08:26:03 »
Peter Mitchell: Former Leeds United player inspiring scholars after 2002 car crash

Peter Mitchell with Leeds and Northern Ireland (left) and in training (right) after his accident

By the time the car came to a halt on its roof, it had left the road and veered on to a golf course. With his body sandwiched in between the front and back seats, Peter Mitchell tried to shout out "help me".

But no air could escape from the 18-year-old Leeds United right-back's crushed ribs. His back was broken in two places.

He had been a passenger, simply on his way to get some food. He had not been wearing a seatbelt. He lost the use of both his legs.

That was 21 July, 2002 - the day the Northern Ireland Under-19 captain's promising football career ended.

More than 16 years later, 34-year-old Mitchell speaks from his wheelchair to 18 young hopefuls at Forest Green Rovers' academy, with a powerful message - make the most of every opportunity.

Having refused to give up on his life, the former Coronation Street actor and international wheelchair basketball player has been giving a series of talks at English Football League clubs' academies this autumn.

"The big message is 'lads, you're here. You're living the dream. You're incredibly privileged. Grab your opportunity. Seize the day'," Mitchell told BBC Sport.

"It doesn't matter how talented you are. Your talent can only get you so far. You have to have the right attitude and apply yourself."

Mitchell's workshops - on behalf of League Football Education [LFE] aim to focus young apprentices on resilience, safe driving, and the fact that there is more to life than football.

He has been speaking to six clubs in Wales and the West of England before the EFL's Day of Disabilities on Monday, 3 December, when clubs "highlight and share some of the positive work that has been undertaken to ensure an inclusive environment for disabled supporters".

Nevertheless, Mitchell says he "hates" the word 'disabled', describing himself as "far from a broken man".

Peter Mitchell, from Limavady in Northern Ireland, with his wife Brenda and their baby daughter

'Acting was a huge challenge - I did not even make the school play'

Since the accident, he has repeatedly looked to exceed expectations.

Lying in hospital in Belfast in 2002, he was told he would struggle to be home by Christmas. He thought 'I'll beat that', aiming to treat life like a match.

He made it home by October.

He admits to feeling "completely lost" for a while, before feeling like an independent man once again after playing wheelchair basketball for Ireland - one of many times when he has vowed to "make the most of every opportunity".

After taking a chance to present a documentary an unexpected career as an actor followed, starring in 15 episodes of Coronation Street as well as featuring in Hollyoaks and Doctors.

"I love a challenge. Acting was a huge challenge for me. I wasn't even in the school play. It was a lucky break for me but I grabbed that bull by the horns," he added.

"But nothing compares to football. Nothing touches it. Unfortunately for me, it was cut short."

Mitchell - whose grandfather was a Northern Ireland international and dad was a semi-professional footballer - recalls "living the dream" as a youngster at Leeds, who he joined in 2000.

He would spend two full seasons with the Elland Road club's youth teams, at a time when the senior side - which included Rio Ferdinand, Mark Viduka, and Harry Kewell - would go on to reach a Champions League semi-final.

"What a side. Leeds were also pumping money into the academy and I absolutely loved every second of it, at a big club," Mitchell recalled.

"I was never a 'wonderkid', technically gifted or tidy on the ball. I was just a grafter. I got stuck in. I was fit. I was fast.

"A lot of people lose that drive as they get older, maybe as they start going on nights out. I tell these lads: 'You've got the best job in the world. You're living the dream. Don't forget that.'

"It's a tough age for any young man. These lads are transitioning from boys to men."

BBC Sport
Forest Green's academy scholars are running a skills school, giving free coaching to schoolchildren
The talks are part of the LFE's Life Skills programme, with other speakers - including Kick It Out's Troy Townsend - focusing on topics ranging from emotional well-being, to social media training, to equality and diversity.

"It is crucial to develop the person behind the player and connect on a level that will make a positive impact - not only in the short term but on future development," said Simon Williams, LFE Life Skills manager.

"Peter is inspirational yet humble, and tells a gripping tale. There is more to life than football and Peter reflects this powerfully through his mindset and resilience."

Vicky French, assistant academy manager at League Two side Forest Green, added: "It is not just about what happens on the football pitch, for our scholars.

"It is also incredibly important to us that they get a well-rounded education and can have successful careers in football or another walk of life."

Mitchell's talks - which have also been held at Newport County and Cheltenham Town - also hit home about how short a footballer's career can be.

"If you take your eye off the ball you can lose it, and you're only ever an injury away. It's a short career," he added.

But Mitchell has not always been able to speak about his accident.

He was first encouraged to help young players by former Leeds and Doncaster Rovers Belles forward Lucy Ward, when she was head of education and welfare at Leeds prior to 2015.

"I'd go back to Leeds and I'd be a blubbing mess. Lucy would have to come in and console me," he admitted.

"I wasn't ready then, it was still incredibly raw for me. But I'm 34 now. I'm ready, I can talk about it. Now I'm confident enough.

"If I can go and be in front of a camera and pretend to be someone else, acting on television, then I can talk to these lads."

Newport County
Newport County's academy players and Peter Mitchell
'For two years, I could not watch football'

Yet the trauma of reliving the crash was not the only difficult mental aspect of Mitchell's recovery - for a long time, he found he was unable to watch football.

"In 2009, seven years after the crash, I couldn't watch football. It frustrated me too much. I spent around two years not being able to watch it," he continued. "It was too tough. I didn't watch it at all.

"Then one day a friend took me to Liverpool and I felt the atmosphere. That's when I got my love back. Now I can't watch enough of it, I drive my wife crazy. There's football on every night."

The LFE and the Professional Footballers' Association are lining up more talks for Mitchell in 2019 - but he also wants to broaden his involvement in the game.

"It's helping me as a person too, talking about my accident. And seeing the academies, I'm getting that hunger back and I'm thinking of different things I'd like to do now," he said.

"Scouting, or maybe going back home and coaching, would be something.

"My life has moved on. I have to learn to live with the frustration. I'm an extremely happily married man with a baby girl. Now it's about me growing as a person now. I'm ready now."

Peter Mitchell's workshops include a video detailing the day he suffered his life-changing injuries
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #1259 på: Januar 08, 2019, 20:20:44 »
Vår akademitrener, Richard Cresswell, kan være aktuell for managerjobben i York City. Hvor sannsynlig det er at han drar er en annen sak. Cresswell har ikke hatt jobben som akademitrener så veldig lenge. Hans sønn, Charlie, figurerer jevnlig på Leeds' U-18 lag. Charlie er for øvrig midtstopper.

https://the72.co.uk/122793/leeds-united-academy-coach-linked-york-city-vacancy/
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020