Skrevet av Emne: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11  (Lest 404095 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11
« Svar #930 på: Januar 25, 2015, 17:56:38 »
Sell-on-clausen på Delph må vente litt:

@Squawka: Fabian Delph has signed a new four-and-a-half-year deal with Aston Villa until June 2019. #AVFC http://t.co/jujG4b9tmP

::)
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

sportcarl1

« Svar #931 på: Januar 25, 2015, 19:45:43 »

@Squawka: Fabian Delph has signed a new four-and-a-half-year deal with Aston Villa until June 2019. #AVFC http://t.co/jujG4b9tmP

för Leeds var väl inte detta bra bra då vi säkert hade en sell on clausul i kontraktet

Jon R

« Svar #932 på: Januar 25, 2015, 23:32:45 »

för Leeds var väl inte detta bra bra då vi säkert hade en sell on clausul i kontraktet
Den gjelder nok inntil han bytter klubb. Ny kontrakt betyr at andre klubber må legge mer penger på bordet for Delphs signatur, hvilket betyr mer penger til Leeds United. Tipper Delph har byttet klubb senest innen transfervinduet lukkes sommeren 2016.
Jon R.

AndyMathie

« Svar #933 på: Januar 26, 2015, 11:22:06 »

Den gjelder nok inntil han bytter klubb. Ny kontrakt betyr at andre klubber må legge mer penger på bordet for Delphs signatur, hvilket betyr mer penger til Leeds United. Tipper Delph har byttet klubb senest innen transfervinduet lukkes sommeren 2016.

Dette er jo supre nyheter for Leeds at Delph har signert ny kontrakt. Da spratt prisen hans fra 7 millioner til muligens 25 millioner pund, da snakker vi 12,5 prosent ;)
We are Leeds and we are proud of it!

Hallgeir *

« Svar #934 på: Januar 30, 2015, 19:32:13 »
Vi slipper å møte Lee Peltier i morra. Han har skiftet beite og hever nå lønn hos Cardiff. Neste sjanse blir derfor 11. april.
Super Leeds since 1968

Leedsfan

« Svar #935 på: Januar 30, 2015, 22:57:38 »

Vi slipper å møte Lee Peltier i morra. Han har skiftet beite og hever nå lønn hos Cardiff. Neste sjanse blir derfor 11. april.

I Cardiff er det krise om dagen, Slade forlater pressekonferanse i sinne og henter bare gråe spillere.
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #936 på: Januar 31, 2015, 11:27:04 »
Leeds United Official
@LUFC: Our thoughts are with former defender Clarke Carlisle and his family following tonight's sad news.

Clarke Carlisle hjemme etter 6 uker på sykehus:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/30/clarke-carlistle-leaves-hospital?CMP=share_btn_tw

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Cherry

« Svar #937 på: Februar 01, 2015, 17:19:11 »
... Smith fortsetter og bøtte inn scoringer i Bristol City 8)

sportcarl1

« Svar #938 på: Februar 01, 2015, 17:22:38 »
... Smith fortsetter og bøtte inn scoringer i Bristol City 8)
honom skulle vi haft kvar som target, men synd sörja över spilld mjölk, utan bättre att se framåt, dessutom så låter Fulham honom fortsätta i BC säsongen ut,
« Siste redigering: Februar 01, 2015, 17:30:33 av sportcarl1 »

Promotion 2010

« Svar #939 på: Februar 02, 2015, 18:32:22 »
 ;D

RACHUBKA LEAVES OLDHAM

Paul Rachubka has left Oldham Athletic after his contract at the club cancelled.
The 31-year-old left on good terms, saying: "I have enjoyed every minute of my time with the football club and I'd like to thank all the fans for their support. I will continue to look out for the results and wish the club all the best for the future."
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Gufrias

« Svar #940 på: Februar 02, 2015, 21:28:41 »
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Promotion 2010

« Svar #941 på: Februar 04, 2015, 17:13:53 »
Endelig avslutning i denne saken som har versert et helt år:

Ex-Leeds United player Simon Lenighan cleared of raping woman in hotel room

by Tony Gardner

Published on the
04  February
15:22

A FORMER Leeds United footballer has been found not guilty of a raping a young woman in an alleged sex attack in a hotel room.

Ex-youth team player Simon Lenighan, 20, and another man, Nathan Campbell, 24, were today each cleared of three charges of rape over the alleged incident at the Etap hotel in Leeds city centre.

A jury of seven men and five woman reached the verdicts after a four-week trial at Doncaster Crown Court.

Members of Lenighan’s family wept with relief in the public gallery as the verdicts were announced by the jury foreman.

After the case, Lenighan said he was now hoping to get his football career “back on track.”

He said: “I am happy with the verdict and that the truth has come out.

“It just feels like I could not get my life going. I’m just glad that it is now all over.”

Lenighan, now a player for Harrogate Town, gave evidence at the trial in which he told the court the allegations and subsequent court proceedings had led to him losing his contract with Leeds United.

The court heard the woman was alone when she was woken up by a chambermaid at the hotel after a night out in the city in August 2012.

Her mobile phone and money were missing and she alerted police who found video footage on Campbell’s mobile phone.

The trial heard a mobile phone was used to video the woman and Lenighan and Campbell were laughing as they avoided being seen on the camera.

The jury saw footage which showed the woman lying naked on a bed and intimate shots of her body.

Lenighan and Campbell met for the first time on the night of the alleged incident, August 28, as they drank in the Tiger Tiger bar in Leeds.

The woman, who knew Lenighan, had also been drinking in the bar and agreed to go back to the hotel, now an Ibis, with the two men.

Prosecutor Andrew Haslam said friends were concerned for her safety because she had so much to drink, with one describing her as “very drunk”.

After they were arrested both men admitted having sex with the woman but claimed she was a willing partner.

Lenighan claimed they started to have sex but he realised she was too drunk and she said no.

When Nathan Campbell was arrested by police they found the video on his mobile phone.

Lenighan, of Harrogate, and Campbell, of Bradford, were also found not guilty of perverting the course of justice.

Campbell has pleaded guilty to one offence of sexual assault in relation to the incident.

He has also been convicted of assault occasioning actual bodily harm in relation to a separate attack on a different victim, described in court as an offence of domestic violence.

He was remanded in custody until his sentencing hearing.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #942 på: Februar 04, 2015, 20:09:54 »
Lucy Ward:
@lucywardleeds: Having sat in that courtroom and listened to evidence, that verdict comes as no surprise whatsoever. The truth will out @Silenighan

Det var da voldsomt.  ::)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #943 på: Februar 05, 2015, 08:45:51 »
Leeds United Official
@LUFC: Our thoughts are with former defender Clarke Carlisle and his family following tonight's sad news.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/30/clarke-carlistle-leaves-hospital?CMP=share_btn_tw

Det var nok selvmordsforsøk, ja :(

Clarke Carlisle: Ex-PFA chairman reveals suicide attempt
Former Burnley defender Clarke Carlisle has revealed that when he was hit by a lorry in December, he was attempting to take his own life.

In an interview with the Sun newspaper, Carlisle said he had been left severely depressed by the end of his football career, financial problems and the loss of a television punditry role.

The 35-year-old left hospital on 30 January, six weeks after being struck in North Yorkshire.

"This was my lowest point," he said.

Carlisle was chairman of the Professional Footballers' Association between 2010 and 2013 and remains on the PFA's management committee.

Born in Preston, he started his career at Blackpool and made more than 500 appearances for nine clubs in a playing career that spanned 16 years, finishing at Northampton in 2013.

Carlisle was airlifted to Leeds General Infirmary following the 22 December incident on the A64 Leeds to York road.

He had suffered cuts, bruises, internal bleeding, a broken rib and shattered left knee.

On Christmas Day he was admitted as an in-patient to a psychiatric unit in Harrogate before his release last Friday.

He said he had reached "an epiphany" that he is "incredibly unwell".

"I ventured out of my room not as Clarke the ex-footballer, but as Clarke, a mental health patient," he said.

"That was the first step in my road to recovery."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31142797

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

sportcarl1

« Svar #944 på: Februar 05, 2015, 09:02:49 »
Leeds United Official

:)otroligt tråkigt och ledsamt att läsa

Det var nok selvmordsforsøk, ja :(

Clarke Carlisle: Ex-PFA chairman reveals suicide attempt
Former Burnley defender Clarke Carlisle has revealed that when he was hit by a lorry in December, he was attempting to take his own life.

In an interview with the Sun newspaper, Carlisle said he had been left severely depressed by the end of his football career, financial problems and the loss of a television punditry role.

The 35-year-old left hospital on 30 January, six weeks after being struck in North Yorkshire.

"This was my lowest point," he said.

Carlisle was chairman of the Professional Footballers' Association between 2010 and 2013 and remains on the PFA's management committee.

Born in Preston, he started his career at Blackpool and made more than 500 appearances for nine clubs in a playing career that spanned 16 years, finishing at Northampton in 2013.

Carlisle was airlifted to Leeds General Infirmary following the 22 December incident on the A64 Leeds to York road.

He had suffered cuts, bruises, internal bleeding, a broken rib and shattered left knee.

On Christmas Day he was admitted as an in-patient to a psychiatric unit in Harrogate before his release last Friday.

He said he had reached "an epiphany" that he is "incredibly unwell".

"I ventured out of my room not as Clarke the ex-footballer, but as Clarke, a mental health patient," he said.

"That was the first step in my road to recovery."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31142797

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #946 på: Februar 07, 2015, 14:16:08 »
TOMMY WRIGHT

Leeds United: You realise how special it is once you leave – Wright

Tommy Wright
Published on the
06 February
23:06

One of a clutch of talented youngsters who found success away from Elland Road, Tommy Wright still comes to watch his old team. Leon Wobschall reports.

THE current sight of clutch of cherubic talents giving their all and excelling in the famous jersey of Leeds United is offering a nostalgic rewind for many Whites supporters of a certain age.

Today it is Lewis Cook, who turned 18 on Tuesday, Alex Mowatt, Sam Byram and Charlie Taylor strutting their stuff and displaying the precociousness of youth for Leeds and turn the clock back three decades and it was a different class, headed by the likes of Tommy Wright and John Sheridan.

Wright remembers those days of wedge haircuts and the casual scene, and also sadly rampant football hooliganism at Leeds as if they were yesterday.

It was also ultimately an era which became remembered for when Leeds sold off the equivalent of the family silver with himself, Andy Linighan and Denis Irwin all being sold for minimal fees to a smiling Joe Royle at Oldham Athletic.

Plenty more besides went onto secure fame elsewhere – with another mill town in Lancashire benefiting in Blackburn, who signed Scott Sellars for a bargain fee. Then there was Dave Seaman and Terry Phelan. The list goes on.

For a time, the likes of Wright and Irwin enjoyed their place in the sun under a mentor and purveyor of young footballing talent in Eddie Gray – with his sad sacking in October 1985 the catalyst to the crushing of the flower of youth at Elland Road which surely would have blossomed into a radiant assortment.

Wright still remembers those early years fondly, if with a sense of if only.

And with reference to today, he just hopes that Neil Redfearn is afforded the time that ultimately his compatriot Gray never got.

Dunfermline born Wright, now assistant-manager at Oldham, said: “It was a special time. Leeds have had that a few times where they have had the young lads coming through such as Alan Smith and Gary Kelly and we were the same.

“A lot of the credit has to go to Eddie Gray, really. It was a difficult time for the club financially and he gave us our head and had a bit of trust in us. You need that when you are young. They were happy times and I did love it.

“You look at the number of players and what they went on to do such as Terry Phelan and Shez who went onto play in World Cups and Andy Linighan, who went on to score a goal in a cup final for Arsenal. They and the likes of Scott Sellars all played in the Premier League.

“I went to Oldham and it is funny because Joe Royle used to say that if he wanted a player, he would just pop along the M62 to Leeds!

“Looking back, if the club had been a bit more patient looking at the bigger picture, things could have been different. But that’s football.”

He added: “I look at Leeds now and I know Neil (Redfearn) and he’s the right man for the job. He just needs a bit of time alongside Steve Thompson, who I know well. He will be very good for him.

“They have got some great kids and they can do well. They just need time, but you don’t get that in football now...”

The Fife flier, sold to Oldham for a bargain £80,000 in October 1986, had some days to dine out on, none more so than in January 1985 when he netted a hat-trick at a chilly Ellland Road in a 5-0 slaying of Notts County.

His goalscoring debut alongside Arthur Graham against Malcolm McDonald’s flowing Fulham in April 1983 – in a season when the Londoners went so close to promotion is another choice memory.

Wright, who roomed in Barwick-in-Elmet with Sheridan and Irwin said: “I never had any idea I would be playing, although Eddie told me later I was always going to play from the Thursday.

“I just thought I was part of the squad and I made the team. You can’t beat that adrenalin; I didn’t have the time to even tell the family and I just played.

“Fortunately, I scored and remember playing up front with Arthur Graham. Fulham were certainly near the top of the league at the time and had a good team with the likes of Ray Houghton.”

Based in Wakefield, Wright still has clear affinity to Leeds – he is married to a Leeds girl – and that will endure.

He said: “I still live in the area and still go to Leeds games and it is probably one of the first results I look for.

“Playing for a club like Leeds, you don’t really realise what a special club it is until you leave.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #947 på: Februar 08, 2015, 22:17:03 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #948 på: Februar 14, 2015, 00:24:00 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #949 på: Februar 14, 2015, 09:35:46 »
Mye nostalgifaktor  i disse intervjuene:

Leeds United: Blake points an accusing finger at the play-off final

Robbie Blake
Published on the
14 February
06:05

Robbie Blake can sum up his career at Leeds United in two words: if only.

If only the 2005-06 season had not left the club with ground to make up on the Championship’s automatic promotion places. If only their players had turned up for the play-off final that same year. If only Leeds had shown the nerve to ward off relegation in 2007.

Blake’s relationship with Leeds was relatively short – two seasons, 87 appearances – but those days at Elland Road were defining for the club. From the cusp of the Premier League to the hard world of League One in 12 short months, they burdened the striker with many regrets.

United have regrets too. How different life would have been had Leeds made something of their appearance in the 2006 play-off final and rejoined the Premier League at the second time of asking, tapping into the sort of astronomical broadcast deal which Sky and BT Sport hatched between them this week. Nine years later, Leeds are still barred from the party.

“It’s like people tell you – football’s about fine margins,” Blake says. “One day you’re in the play-off final, right on the edge of everything good, and the next you’re in total freefall.

“The final went wrong and the club hasn’t recovered. Not really. That one game could have given Leeds everything – promotion, the Premier League, all the money clubs get. They’d be sitting in a far better position now. I know that and it’s quite hard to think about. One game can change a club for a lifetime. It has in this instance.”

Blake still maintains that Leeds might have avoided the play-offs in the 2005-06 season. The club spent heavily in preparation for it, a rare period when Ken Bates threw financial caution to the wind, and Blake’s move from Birmingham City in July 2005 cost £800,000.

It gave manager Kevin Blackwell a healthy range of goalscorers – Blake, David Healy, Rob Hulse and Richard Cresswell – but Leeds were left behind quickly by Reading and Sheffield United.

Leeds did latch on to Sheffield United after Christmas but lacked the legs to reel them in.

Blake played 47 times that season and chipped in with 11 goals.

“Leeds were one of those clubs I’d always wanted to play for,” he says. “I didn’t have to leave Birmingham but I knew Leeds were pushing on. They’d signed Cressie, Hulse, quite a few good players. It was a great time to go there.

“The first season was brilliant but I remember wishing the league had gone on for another five or 10 games.We’d have caught Sheffield United, I’m sure of that, but by the time it got close we’d already given ourselves too much to do. Then came the play-off final and we didn’t show up.”

That game at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium is one of Leeds’ most irredeemable days and Blake speaks of it in such terms. He came off the bench at half-time with United a goal down to Watford and well on the way to a 3-0 defeat.

What went wrong? “It’s hard to say,” Blake says, “but obviously nothing went right.

“I don’t know whether the tactics suited us. Out of the players on the bench, four of us were centre forwards. People were played out of position but I’m not solely blaming that. Was the preparation or the mentality good enough? I don’t know. We had a lot of good players.

“We always fancied ourselves because we had lads who could win games and a strong defensive set-up. We showed our bottle in the semi-finals. But in Cardiff we didn’t turn up – even though you have to admit that Watford were a good side, with a good manager at the time.”

Blake liked the cut of Blackwell’s jib when he first joined Leeds but by the following summer their relationship had broken down completely. The club in general were splitting apart and Blackwell survived in his job for a short while longer, replaced by caretaker John Carver and then Dennis Wise.

“For one reason or the other, I had a complete fall-out with Blackwell,” Blake says. “We never saw eye-to-eye after that and it was an uncomfortable situation.

“We had a meeting in pre-season where he basically said that in no circumstances was I going to play. I’d never play no matter what. Our form was shocking at the start of the season and I found that hard to accept.

“I don’t think it was about ability. We just didn’t get on. It was a personal thing. But I’ve seen Blackie since then and we’re fine. We’ve spoken, we’ve talked about it and that’s life. When I first arrived he couldn’t do enough for me and he made me feel so welcome. But after a while, the situation was different.

“The truth is I’ve got quite a few regrets about my time at Leeds. In my opinion I wasn’t able – or I wasn’t allowed – to show my true potential. When I was at Burnley I showed my potential. After Leeds, I went back to Burnley and did good things again.

“But it still makes me happy to be able to say I played for Leeds. I always think that if you played for Leeds, your career can’t have been too bad.”

Wise had time for Blake. He called the forward “our little diamond.” But for all the experience in the squad Wise inherited, Leeds were relegated from the Championship in April 2007 after a 1-1 draw at home to Ipswich Town, a game which was held up for 45 minutes by a pitch invasion. Blake moved back to Burnley soon after as Leeds cut their cloth.

“We had enough players and enough games when Dennis came in to stay up,” says Blake, who now works as a matchday pundit for Yorkshire Radio. “We shouldn’t have gone down.

“I was sitting in the dug-out when that pitch invasion happened. It was a horrible, horrible day – highlighted and magnified because of the club Leeds are.

“Relegation’s always going to taste really bitter but with Leeds you know the damage you’re doing. You know what a humiliation it is for a club who should never go through that. I was part of it and I don’t take that lightly. You’re sat there thinking ‘this is on us, this is down to us players.’ And it was.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

samadhi

« Svar #950 på: Februar 14, 2015, 10:01:08 »
Her er vel nesten en har vi har glemt:

http://www.sheridan-dictates.com/he-wore-the-white-shirt-leon-constantine.php?

Gode skussmål til vår landsmann Tore Andre Flo;
"Also, I have to say that the injury to Tore was a huge blow, he was a big influence around the place.”
marching on together,
derudaf forever...

Promotion 2010

« Svar #951 på: Februar 17, 2015, 13:46:06 »

Byron Stevenson was born on 7th September 1956 in Llanelli, Wales.

He joined Leeds United as a youngster and turned pro in 1973. Byron was one of a number of youngsters who came through the ranks in the mid-to-late 70s as Don Revie's side began to break up. Much was expected of this band of players which included the likes of Carl Harris, David McNiven, Peter Hampton and Keith Parkinson. It was a daunting task to follow in the footsteps of 'Super Leeds'.

Originally, Byron was seen as a replacement for the long serving Norman Hunter at centre-back. However, such was his versatility, he made his debut at right-back against Sheffield United at Brammall Lane on 1st April 1975. That game, a 1-1 draw in front of 38,442 spectators was Stevenson's only appearance that season as the defending Champions, recovering from a difficult start under Brian Clough, finished the season in ninth place.

The following year, Byron was restricted to a cameo appearance at Anfield, when he came off the bench to replace Paul Reaney in a 2-0 defeat.

In the 1976/77 season the young Welshman started ten games, featuring at right-back, left-back and in midfield. It was on the 15th December that season that Byron received international recognition at under-21 level, making his debut against England at Molineux, the home of Wolverhampton Wanderers, in a goalless draw. Incidentally, in the same game, Glan Letheran and Gwyn Thomas also made their debuts, all three becoming the first Leeds players to represent Wales under 21s. Stevenson won a further cap in February 1977, a 3-2 defeat at Easter Road against Scotland.

The following year was a landmark season for Byron. Despite only starting three times for Leeds and making two further appearances as substitute, he won his first full international cap. It came in the Home Championships against Northern Ireland in a 1-0 win played at Wrexham's Racecourse Ground. He also won his third and final cap at under 21 level in a 1-0 over the Scots at Chester.

Despite not featuring in the opening game of the 1978/79 season, Byron started the next nine fixtures, wearing the number two shirt. His first real run in the side. Ironically, he scored his first goal in the final game of that run in the team, a 3-1 home defeat to West Bromwich Albion. He went on to start 14 league games that season. He also made his debut in the domestic cup competitions. In addition, he won a further six caps for his country.

Leeds United appeared to be making strides under Jimmy Adamson, a fifth place finish the previous campaign saw European football return to Elland Road. Byron featured in two of the four UEFA Cup games but Leeds bowed out in disappointing fashion to Universitatea Craiova from Romania. In the league he started 25 games, and he scored his second Leeds goal in a 1-1 draw with Arsenal in the League Cup. The goal came from the penalty spot. It ensured Leeds made the trip to Highbury for the second leg on an equal footing. It counted for very little as the Londoners ran riot, winning the game 7-0.

It was in the 1979/80 season that Byron hit the headlines. On the 21st of November he was part of a Wales side that travelled to Turkey for a European Championship qualifier in Izmir. Byron was involved in an incident which left Buyak Mustafa with a broken cheekbone. He received a red card and was banned by UEFA for four and a half years. This was later reduced on appeal and Stevenson won a further two caps. The last of his 15 caps came in September 1981, a 2-0 defeat against Czechoslovakia in Prague.

Jimmy Adamson was under pressure to deliver as the 1980/81 season got underway. Byron started the opener, against Aston Villa, at left-back. He could not have got off to a better start when, in the second minute, he converted a penalty to put Leeds 1-0 up. Unfortunately, Villa went on to win the game 2-1.

Stevenson made 18 appearances that season, including one from the bench and he scored again in a 3-0 home win over Coventry City in April.

The 1981/82 season would end in relegation. Allan Clarke was in charge and after starting 21 games (18 in the league), Byron left Elland Road. Clarke and Leeds were desperate for fire-power and Sniffer turned to Birmingham City's Frank Worthington. Byron would move in the opposite direction in a straight swop deal. His final game for Leeds United was a 2-0 home defeat to Liverpool.

He would later play for Bristol Rovers and was involved with Garforth Town. Byron also ran  the Angel Hotel in Rothwell, the Golden Lion in Pudsey, the Two Pointers in Woodlesford and the New Inn at Churwell before returning to Llanelli in 1996 for family reasons.

Tragically, Byron passed away on the 6th of September 2007, just one day short of his 51st birthday. A victim of throat cancer.

Many tributes were left on internet forums. The words people typed proved that Byron was a popular player at Elland Road. Fans acknowledged that he always had time for a chat and to sign autographs. He never 'bottled' a challenge and always gave a hundred per cent effort for the cause.

Ex-players spoke highly in his memory. Described by Eddie Gray as being an elegant player who was top class.
Peter Lorimer remembered a polite young man who displayed a great attitude.

Byron Stevenson was recently at the forefront of some Leeds fans memories. In a poll to determine the one hundred greatest players to play for the club. He didn't make it into the 100 but was voted into position 165 out of 206 players that received votes.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #952 på: Februar 17, 2015, 13:50:19 »
Testimonial:

Leeds United News 24/7
BRENDON ORMSBY BENEFIT MATCH

Leeds United XI vs John Sheridan's XI
A benefit game is currently being arranged for our former captain Brendon Ormsby who unfortunately suffered a stroke in 2013.
A host of former Leeds United players are being pulled together by Neil Parsley for the game on Sunday the 19th of April 2015 at Farsley Celtic's Throstles Nest.
Ex-players such as Gary McAllister, Gary Kelly, Ian Baird, Andy Couzens and Glyn Snodin have all committed to play in the game and it is hoped that David Batty will also feature.
It would be fantastic to see a capacity crowd in support of a man who captained Leeds United to an F.A Cup Semi-Final and a Play-off Final in 1987.
More details will be announced in due course across several media platforms.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #954 på: Mars 02, 2015, 23:41:25 »
DEREK PARLANE om tiden i Leeds:

After 80 goals in 202 appearances for Rangers, in March 1980 Parlane made a move away from Glasgow which he almost instantly regretted. He went to Leeds United, then in their post-1970s faded glory, for a marriage that never really worked.

"I'd been a decade at Rangers, I was 27 years old, and I felt I needed a fresh challenge," he says. "But it was a pretty strange experience. The day I left Rangers I had this sinking feeling that I was making a mistake. And when I arrived in Leeds I had that same feeling again. I just felt, 'this is a mistake'. My three years there weren't great, even though I scored on my debut, and I think my performances reflected my state of mind down there. I just couldn't replicate what I'd done at Rangers."

In 1983 Parlane moved on to Manchester City, then managed by Billy McNeill, and it meant he was well on his way to playing for the same three clubs that his father, Jimmy, had played for.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

« Svar #957 på: Mars 26, 2015, 20:25:17 »
Etter en dårlig periode for Notts County, har manager Shaun Derry og hans assistent måttet rydde pulten  og forlate klubben.
Super Leeds since 1968

samadhi

« Svar #958 på: April 12, 2015, 20:25:03 »
Sjelden suksess for Dominic Poleon for Oldham i går.
Scoret begge målene i 2-2 kamp mot Sheff Utd.
Poleon sitt andre mål var ett vanvittig skudd fra 35 meter som ble kåret til rundes beste mål i England på Sky Sports.

Målet: https://twitter.com/SanchezPayne/status/586988156144201729

Ellers i L1....
...så har Nicky Ajose stoppet å score mål. Har ikke scoret siden 14.februar.
Crewe har siden den gang spilt 12 kamper med følgende star; 2-3-7. Styrer mot nedrykk.

...så styrer Simon Grayson og hans Preston mot opprykk. Godt hjulpet av Jermaine Beckford med 9 mål på 14 starter siden han ble lånt ut fra Bolton.

...så spilte Alan Smith 90 minutt på midtbanen til Notts County da de spilte 1-1 mot Yeovil i går. Smith står med 17 startede kamper så langt i år.

marching on together,
derudaf forever...

Promotion 2010

« Svar #959 på: April 12, 2015, 20:33:18 »
Sjelden suksess for Dominic Poleon for Oldham i går.
Scoret begge målene i 2-2 kamp mot Sheff Utd.
Poleon sitt andre mål var ett vanvittig skudd fra 35 meter som ble kåret til rundes beste mål i England på Sky Sports.

Målet: https://twitter.com/SanchezPayne/status/586988156144201729

Ellers i L1....
...så har Nicky Ajose stoppet å score mål. Har ikke scoret siden 14.februar.
Crewe har siden den gang spilt 12 kamper med følgende star; 2-3-7. Styrer mot nedrykk.

...så styrer Simon Grayson og hans Preston mot opprykk. Godt hjulpet av Jermaine Beckford med 9 mål på 14 starter siden han ble lånt ut fra Bolton.

...så spilte Alan Smith 90 minutt på midtbanen til Notts County da de spilte 1-1 mot Yeovil i går. Smith står med 17 startede kamper så langt i år.

Takk for flott oppdatering!   :)
Min første Leeds-kamp: