Skrevet av Emne: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11  (Lest 405314 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Mortenha

Sv: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11
« Svar #990 på: Juni 05, 2015, 04:05:12 »
Det har vore lenge klart at Milner ville til Liverpool. Allereie rundt mars ifjor sa han at han ikkje ville signera kontrakt med City og Liverpool hadde dialog med han. Snakka om det med ein frå Leeds som er gift med ei frå Noreg og har heia på Leeds heile livet. Som og har vore nabo og god venn med familien Milner i veldig mange år.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #991 på: Juni 05, 2015, 10:31:06 »
18 year old former Leeds United academy player Isaac Assenso has joined Scunthorpe United after being released by Leeds this summer #lufc
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #993 på: Juni 13, 2015, 16:35:02 »
Denne karen kunne jeg godt ha tenkt meg spille for oss igjen...

Derby snap up former Liverpool and Leeds goalkeeper.

By Josh Dixon on Jun 12, 2015 Championship, Derby County, Featured, News, Transfers

Derby County have just announced the signing of 29 year-old goal keeper Scott Carson on a two-year contract, with an option of a further year included.

The former England keeper, who made four appearances for the Three Lions, joins from Wigan following their relegation to League One.

Vastly experienced with over 300 appearances to his name, as well as playing for eight different clubs, Carson arrives at the Pride Park Stadium to provide competition in the goalkeeping position.

After starting his career at Leeds United and making just three appearances, Carson then went on to spend three years with Liverpool, although he also struggled to find first team action and made just four appearances for the Reds.

Moving from Liverpool to West Brom in 2008 the 29 year-old enjoyed regular first team action and was the Number 1 keeper during their promotion campaign in the 2009-10 season.

Two seasons in Turkey with giants Bursaspor preceeded a move to Wigan and he spent two seasons with the Latics before his transfer to the Rams.
Super Leeds since 1968

Hallgeir *

« Svar #994 på: Juni 16, 2015, 21:26:33 »
Becchio reiser hjem...

Former Leeds United striker Luciano Becchio has disappointed several Football League clubs and returned to his native Argentina.

Becchio was a fans favourite in his time at Elland Road

HITC Sport is reporting that the prolific talisman has agreed to sign for Argentine side Belgrano and the news has been confirmed by the club on their official website.

Becchio is currently enjoying a family holiday in Spain but has confirmed his delight at making his next career move.

The striker said: “I am excited by the interest in me, it was always my desire to play for the club but for various reasons I could not make before.

“Belgrano know what it means and I am really eager to play and show my qualities as a player.”

The 31-year-old endured a difficult time with Norwich City and spent some of last season out on loan at Rotherham United, where he was unfortunate enough to break his ankle in his sixth appearance for the Millers.

Former Leeds United head coach Neil Redfearn wanted to sign the striker on loan in January and take him back to the club where he had been a fans’ favourite after scoring over 80 goals for the Whites.

Read more at http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/former-leeds-united-striker-returns-to-argentina/#dUmZ1iS0F3wyokys.99
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #995 på: Juni 17, 2015, 23:55:19 »
@ChampionsLeague: Ex-@LUFC player Bruno Ribeiro has been confirmed new coach of Ludogorets Razgrad. #UCL http://t.co/R7Vkee7dvK
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #996 på: Juni 18, 2015, 22:04:24 »
leon wobschall ‏@LeonWobYP  · 3h3 hours ago 
Saturday's ex #lufc player interview is with Eirik Bakke. A really good bloke. Check it out in Saturday's @LeedsNews

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #997 på: Juli 01, 2015, 21:29:06 »
Ian Harte i dag:

Leeds look like they are having a go this season, some very good additions!!! Would love to c them back in the Premiership.⚽️
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #998 på: Juli 02, 2015, 12:17:50 »
Bambi igang igjen:

Carlton Palmer:
@carltonpalmer3: Just arrived at our holiday home in Portugal gutted left my wedding ring in the toilets East Midlands airport hoping some kind person hands

::)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #999 på: Juli 04, 2015, 20:34:34 »
Former footballer Clarke Carlisle hospitalised after being hit by lorry

Former Leeds, Burnley and QPR defender Clarke Carlisle was rushed to hospital early this morning after being hit by a lorry.

Tragisk  :'( :'( :'(
...er nok ikke så greit å være førstemann på ulykkesstedet :(

Sitat
Van driver, 24, who swerved to avoid Clarke Carlisle when footballer walked in front of a lorry is found dead after being 'plagued by nightmares'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3149218/Van-driver-swerved-avoid-Clarke-Carlisle-dead.html#ixzz3ewuAmRss
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1000 på: Juli 04, 2015, 20:54:49 »
Former footballer Clarke Carlisle hospitalised after being hit by lorry

Former Leeds, Burnley and QPR defender Clarke Carlisle was rushed to hospital early this morning after being hit by a lorry.

Tragisk  :'( :'( :'(
...er nok ikke så greit å være førstemann på ulykkesstedet :(

Sitat
Van driver, 24, who swerved to avoid Clarke Carlisle when footballer walked in front of a lorry is found dead after being 'plagued by nightmares'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3149218/Van-driver-swerved-avoid-Clarke-Carlisle-dead.html#ixzz3ewuAmRss
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Spesielt tragisk fordi Carlisle faktisk prøvde å ta livet sitt den dagen!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1002 på: Juli 20, 2015, 18:11:05 »
Junior Lewis i jobb igjen. Da har han vel melket Leeds og Cellino ferdig!

http://the72.co.uk/31585/ex-leeds-united-coach-gets-canvey-island-role/?
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1004 på: August 02, 2015, 11:00:44 »
Noen som husker han her:

James Tavernier explains how experience in Leeds academy can help Rangers

Rangers defender James Tavernier can't wait to play physical football.

View image | gettyimages.com
Rangers defender James Tavernier has told The Scotsman that his experience in the Leeds academy can help him adjust to life in Scottish football.

The 23-year-old right back joined Rangers from Wigan Athletic last month, immediately becoming the first choice right back under new boss Mark Warburton.

His competitive debut couldn't have gone much better, scoring Rangers' first goal in their 6-2 Petrofac Training Cup victory over Hibernian last week and putting in a sublime display throughout.

The former Newcastle man is expected to play a key role in the Rangers side, and he's keen to get going with league action due to what he believes will be a physical brand of football.

The defender has told The Scotsman that his time in the Leeds United academy - from 2001 to 2008 - has prepared him well for physical football due to the amount of 50-50 challenges he went into during his time at Elland Road.

“As a Yorkshireman, we used to love going in for hard challenges. When I was in the academy at Leeds, we’d have competitions to smash into each other. That’s definitely in my game. I love going in for 50-50s," said Tavernier.

"We won’t be going to the most glamorous places and they tend to be the hardest games. Everyone wants to beat Rangers and it will be a battle every time. You’ll see throughout the year we’ll get games where it’s really tough and it won’t be a comfortable season where we’ll have to stick together and have a good battle on the pitch. All the lads here have definitely got that in their locker. I’ve seen that in training with 50-50s," he added.

The Leeds academy has been a conveyor belt of talent over the years, producing the likes of Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Danny Rose, Fabian Delph, Jonathan Woodgate, Alan Smith and Paul Robinson, as well as the current crop of Charlie Taylor, Lewis Cook, Alex Mowatt and Sam Byram.

Tavernier may have left Elland Road for Newcastle in 2008, but it's clear that he believes his schooling at Leeds has helped him become the player he is today.

Plenty of other players have proven just how impressive the Leeds academy really is, but it's now Rangers who could benefit from that with the performances of Tavernier this season, with the player believing he is well built for Scottish Championship football.

Se også:
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/free-and-easy-for-rangers-james-tavernier-1-3847247
« Siste redigering: August 02, 2015, 11:04:09 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1005 på: August 11, 2015, 10:36:07 »
The defender has told The Scotsman that his time in the Leeds United academy - from 2001 to 2008 - has prepared him well for physical football due to the amount of 50-50 challenges he went into during his time at Elland Road.

“As a Yorkshireman, we used to love going in for hard challenges. When I was in the academy at Leeds, we’d have competitions to smash into each other. That’s definitely in my game. I love going in for 50-50s," said Tavernier.

The Leeds academy has been a conveyor belt of talent over the years, producing the likes of Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Danny Rose, Fabian Delph, Jonathan Woodgate, Alan Smith and Paul Robinson, as well as the current crop of Charlie Taylor, Lewis Cook, Alex Mowatt and Sam Byram.

Tavernier may have left Elland Road for Newcastle in 2008, but it's clear that he believes his schooling at Leeds has helped him become the player he is today.

Plenty of other players have proven just how impressive the Leeds academy really is, but it's now Rangers who could benefit from that with the performances of Tavernier this season, with the player believing he is well built for Scottish Championship football.

Herlig :)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1006 på: August 11, 2015, 10:40:20 »

Gary McAllister: Liverpool midfielder James Milner still talks about Leeds United

NEW Liverpool recruits James Milner and Gary McAllister have bonded over Leeds United.
By Joe Short     PUBLISHED:  09:17, Tue, Aug 11, 2015   | UPDATED: 09:24, Tue, Aug 11, 2015 

So says the Reds' first-team coach, who believes Liverpool got a steal in landing free agent Milner this summer.

Milner, 29, joined the Anfield club last month after seeing his contract run down a Manchester City, while McAllister joined the coaching set-up.

Former Aston Villa and Newcastle player Milner started out at Leeds, where he became the then-youngest Premier League goalscorer with a strike against Sunderland in December 2002, aged just 16 years and 356 days.

And former Elland Road favourite McAllister says the pair talk about the West Yorkshire side.

“He’s a Leeds boy, he still talks about Leeds United and I still live in the Leeds area so we’ve got that little bit in common," McAllister told liverpoolfc.com.

“He is a winner, he has won leagues.

“He’s an experienced player in big competitions and big competitions for his country as well. He brings good experience."

Milner has made a further 53 England appearances since his international debut in 2009 after becoming the most capped England U21 player in history.

He has won two Premier League titles, the FA Cup and League Cup (all with Manchester City) and played at two World Cups.

“You can bring in players that are a little bit older and have got experience but their experiences are not necessarily good ones," McAllister added.

"But he’s got good experience, he knows how to win.

“His professionalism in the opening three or four weeks that I’ve been here has been outstanding.”
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/597515/Gary-McAllister-Liverpool-midfielder-James-Milner-Leeds-United
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

« Svar #1007 på: August 26, 2015, 21:47:55 »
Michael Bridges says he doesn't want Leeds to be promoted this season; hopes for future role at the club.

The former Leeds United player has been speaking about Uwe Rosler's side.

Former Leeds United player Michael Bridges has made it clear that he wants to return to Elland Road in some capacity in the future in an interview broadcast on BBC Radio Leeds.

Bridges played for five years at Elland Road having signed from Sunderland in 1999, but after leaving the Whites he became something of a journeyman, never staying at one club for too long and ultimately heading to Australia where he has represented Sydney FC, Newcastle Jets and Lambton Jaffas FC.

Now 37, Bridges’ career is drawing to a close as he plays out time at a semi-professional level, but in an interview with ABC Grandstand that has since been broadcast on BBC Radio Leeds, he admitted that the Whites are the club closest to his heart.

However, he also made an interesting statement about their current Championship campaign, admitting that he does not want to see Uwe Rosler’s side promoted too soon.

Most Leeds fans would love to see this talented young side achieve Premier League promotion in Rosler’s debut campaign, but Bridges feels differently.

“I honestly don’t want to see Leeds go up this season,” he said. “I’d rather they have a great season get the players gelled together; got some wins, finished in the top half of the table and then have a really good push as Champions the season after.”

“Otherwise you come straight back down, some of the players need a bit more time to steady the ship.”

It is a sensible assessment of a Leeds squad that, with time, could become one of the most exciting in the country, and one day Bridges hopes to be working alongside them once more.

“I will return to Elland Road in some capacity in the future,” he added, “whether it’s coaching, management, or somewhere involved with the club as an ambassador.”

So it is clear Leeds will always be in Bridges’ heart, and for those who still have a soft spot for the now-37-year-old, they may not have seen the last of him at Elland Road.

HITC Sport

Super Leeds since 1968

Blank_File

Sv: Sv: Sv: NYHETER: Ex-player/-manager news, Part 11
« Svar #1008 på: August 27, 2015, 10:55:17 »
Michael Bridges says he doesn't want Leeds to be promoted this season; hopes for future role at the club.

The former Leeds United player has been speaking about Uwe Rosler's side.

Former Leeds United player Michael Bridges has made it clear that he wants to return to Elland Road in some capacity in the future in an interview broadcast on BBC Radio Leeds.

Bridges played for five years at Elland Road having signed from Sunderland in 1999, but after leaving the Whites he became something of a journeyman, never staying at one club for too long and ultimately heading to Australia where he has represented Sydney FC, Newcastle Jets and Lambton Jaffas FC.

Now 37, Bridges’ career is drawing to a close as he plays out time at a semi-professional level, but in an interview with ABC Grandstand that has since been broadcast on BBC Radio Leeds, he admitted that the Whites are the club closest to his heart.

However, he also made an interesting statement about their current Championship campaign, admitting that he does not want to see Uwe Rosler’s side promoted too soon.

Most Leeds fans would love to see this talented young side achieve Premier League promotion in Rosler’s debut campaign, but Bridges feels differently.

“I honestly don’t want to see Leeds go up this season,” he said. “I’d rather they have a great season get the players gelled together; got some wins, finished in the top half of the table and then have a really good push as Champions the season after.”

“Otherwise you come straight back down, some of the players need a bit more time to steady the ship.”

It is a sensible assessment of a Leeds squad that, with time, could become one of the most exciting in the country, and one day Bridges hopes to be working alongside them once more.

“I will return to Elland Road in some capacity in the future,” he added, “whether it’s coaching, management, or somewhere involved with the club as an ambassador.”

So it is clear Leeds will always be in Bridges’ heart, and for those who still have a soft spot for the now-37-year-old, they may not have seen the last of him at Elland Road.

HITC Sport

Det er selvfølgelig en vanskelig ting  å være uenig i det, men fordi vi garantert kommer til å miste Cook og kanskje flere av de unge hvis vi ikke rykker opp i år er jeg likevel veldig uenig. Om vi så skulle gå ned igjen året etter så har vi i alle fall solid fallskjerm.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1009 på: August 27, 2015, 14:47:06 »
Ian Harte legger opp.

Ian Harte ‏@ianharte23  Â· 4h4 hours ago  ï€± North East, England  
The time has come to hang the boots up. I have had over 20 years playing football and loved every minute of it!!! Now to the next chapter

Det medfører jo at bortimot alt som kan krype og gå av 'personligheter' har tweetet en 'takk for innsatsen' til ham. Bl.a. Nigel Martyn:

Ian Harte ‏@ianharte23  Â· 3h3 hours ago  ï€± North East, England  

Ian Harte retweeted Nigel Martyn
Thanks Nigel hope you and the family are well.

Ian Harte added,

Nigel Martyn @nmartyn25   @ianharte23 good luck in your retirement mate , you've had a great career  #lufc

Ian Harte ‏@ianharte23  Â· 28m28 minutes ago  ï€± Wolviston, England  

og også en popmusiker finner grunn til å mimre: :)

Ian Harte retweeted Nicky Byrne
Haha Nicky I still remember them days. I think I might have scored one goal hope you and the family are well 

Ian Harte added,

Nicky Byrne @NickyByrne   And Stayin back up on Fullerton to work on your free kicks.. @ianharte23 don't think you ever scored on me  well done pal.
Enjoy ..
« Siste redigering: August 27, 2015, 14:49:01 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Gufrias

« Svar #1010 på: September 05, 2015, 12:43:58 »
Bolton føler at de trenger konkurranse på keeperplassen, og hva gjør de? Signerer Paul Rachubka  ::)

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/13648324.Wanderers_sign_former_Manchester_United_and_Leeds_United_keeper/?
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Hallgeir *

« Svar #1011 på: September 09, 2015, 22:11:36 »
Austin flytter til Danmark....

Danish side Brondby have confirmed on their official website that former Leeds midfielder Rodolph Austin has joined the club on a free transfer.

Austin, 30, featured heavily for Leeds since joining in 2012, and was often the heartbeat of the midfield under Neil Redfearn last season.

However, the Jamaican international didn't have his contract renewed earlier this summer, and was allowed to leave the club on a free transfer.

His impressive displays at Copa America with Jamaica turned some heads, but a move to Sheffield Wednesday fell through over his work permit, as reported by BBC Sport back in July.

The transfer deadline passed without Austin finding a new club, but he has now returned to football, penning a two-year contract with Brondby.

Austin is no stranger to Scandinavian football having previously played for Norwegian outfit Brann, but now he's off to Denmark to join the likes of Daniel Agger and Johan Elmander.

HITC
Super Leeds since 1968

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1012 på: September 11, 2015, 14:46:43 »
Det er bare å ønske Rudy lykke til i Brøndby!!
Yeboahs vitne

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1013 på: Oktober 02, 2015, 16:42:51 »
@APOPEY: All the best to ex #lufc star John Sheridan who succeeds Terry Butcher as the new manager of Newport County.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #1014 på: Oktober 08, 2015, 21:21:41 »
YEP:

FORMER Leeds United head coach Neil Redfearn is now a strong odds-on favourite for the vacant Rotherham United manager’s job with an appointment expected over the next few days.

The Millers have had over 60 applications to succeed Steve Evans with ten from overseas but Redfearn is in pole position to return to work in the Championship and is now as short as 1-4 with the bookies.

Rotherham are thought to have whittled down their shortlist to three candidates with an appointment expected over the weekend or early next week.

Hibernian head coach Alan Stubbs is second favourite for the job ahead of Walsall manager Dean Smith.

The Sadlers have confirmed they rejected an approach for Smith from a Championship club, believed to be Rotherham.

The Millers also saw their overtures to Burton Albion to bring in Jimmy Floyd-Hasselbaink as the next manager rejected late last week, with the Dutchman keen to stay put.

Northampton Town’s Chris Wilder has also been in the running along with former West Brom boss Alan Irvine.

Should Rotherham appoint Redfearn, the 50-year-old would be in line for a quick return to his former club with Leeds welcoming the Millers to Elland Road on Saturday, November 21.
Super Leeds since 1968

Sydhagen

« Svar #1015 på: Oktober 10, 2015, 10:12:46 »
http://www.tv2.no/2015/10/10/sport/7482743

Jimmy Floyd har suksess som manager.
Kanskje en å satse på om UR ikke skulle lykkes..?
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #1016 på: Oktober 10, 2015, 10:16:17 »

Usikker her. Hjertet sier ja. men fornuften tviler. Leeds bør ikke være lekegrinda til managere som aldri har vært høyere enn hva Leeds er pr dags dato. Så hvis nå Røslern skulle få fyken. Ja da håper jeg det bringes inn en manager som har hatt suksess med lage på øverste nivå. Ikke det at det er en garanti for suksess, men en meritert manager vil gi respekt blant spillerne på laget

Sydhagen

« Svar #1017 på: Oktober 10, 2015, 10:22:48 »

Usikker her. Hjertet sier ja. men fornuften tviler. Leeds bør ikke være lekegrinda til managere som aldri har vært høyere enn hva Leeds er pr dags dato. Så hvis nå Røslern skulle få fyken. Ja da håper jeg det bringes inn en manager som har hatt suksess med lage på øverste nivå. Ikke det at det er en garanti for suksess, men en meritert manager vil gi respekt blant spillerne på laget

Skal ikke kimse av managere som får rask suksess i "dårlige" klubber.
Viser at de åpenbart har noe ved seg. De klarer å motivere spillerne til å prestere maksimalt. Helt uvurderlig egenskap.
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Gufrias

« Svar #1018 på: Oktober 10, 2015, 14:42:48 »

Neil Warnock?
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1019 på: Oktober 17, 2015, 18:24:21 »

Skal ikke kimse av managere som får rask suksess i "dårlige" klubber.
Viser at de åpenbart har noe ved seg. De klarer å motivere spillerne til å prestere maksimalt. Helt uvurderlig egenskap.

Litt fokus i mediene og 0-4 mot nedrykkstruede Fleetwood!
Min første Leeds-kamp: