Skrevet av Emne: In memory of Chris and Kevin  (Lest 6417 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Tom S

In memory of Chris and Kevin
« på: Mars 25, 2010, 11:54:23 »
Glemmer aldri denne tragedien  :'(
Var på Elland Road første heimekamp etter drapene, det gav sterke inntrykk.
RIP Chris and Kevin

Leeds United will be holding a minute's silence ahead of the home game against Swindon Town on Saturday April 3.

The players will also be wearing black armbands as an act of remembrance for Christopher Loftus and Kevin Speight, who were tragically killed in Istanbul on the eve of our UEFA Cup semi-final clash against Galatasaray.

This year marks the 10th anniversary of the passing of the two Leeds United supporters and family and friends of Chris and Kevin have spent the past nine months raising funds for Children's cancer charity Candlelighters in the name of Leeds Fans Remembrance.

A collection will also take place for Candlelighters on the day of the Swindon game and we would ask all our supporters to give generously.

The game will be followed by a gala dinner in the Conference and Exhibition Centre organised by Leeds Fans Remembrance.

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20100324/in-memory-of-chris-and-kevin_2247585_2004125
« Siste redigering: April 05, 2019, 19:17:27 av Promotion 2010 »
COME ON LEEDS !!

Promotion 2010

Sv: In memory of Chris and Kevin
« Svar #1 på: Mars 30, 2010, 13:38:34 »
Fra WACCOE:

Andy L (Loftus)

As most of you are aware on 5th April it is the 10th anniversary of my brother Chris and Kev Speight death's in Turkey. If you are attending the match then it is being organised for everyone to turn their backs on the pitch as everyone did over there when it happened. I would urge you all to do this as a mark of respect and to give us some publicity that the trial is still ongoing.

If there is anyone who wont be attending the game then the family and friends will all be meeting down at Elland Road 11am. We plan to put some flowers down and there will be press and MP's there who are trying to get a conclusion to the trial.

For those that dont know Demir had his flat searched and they found a knife with both of their blood on it but he was released from jail in 2004 due to some new Turkish law around civil rights. We have been waiting for an appeal on this but nothing has happened.

They also had massively reduced sentences because they said we provoked them. At the coroners inquest i made the solicitor ask west yorkshire police spotters if this was the case and they said we had done nothing wrong and that we where ambushed coming out of the bar. They had been following us all night and the shoeshine boys had all the knifes on them.

This evidence has never been presented to the Turkish courts and west yorkshire police are now refusing to provide us with evidence from the trial saying it could cause an international incident.

I could go on about this but i think you get the picture that we have been passed from pillar to post without anything happening.

If you look on the site http://www.leedsfansremembrance.com/leeds-...er-to-local-mp/ we have started to write to MP's to get them to put some pressure on the Turkish courts. Feel free to do the same.

Can i also thank you all for your support throughout this. I know at the time it meant a lot to me and the rest of the family to see the amount of people putting shirts at Elland Road and showing their support.

http://www.leedsfansremembrance.com/leeds-fans-remembrance-letter-to-local-mp/
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2 på: Mars 30, 2010, 13:44:45 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #3 på: Mars 30, 2010, 15:00:02 »
Wear black to the Yeovil game for CHRIS LOFTUS and KEVIN SPEIGHT

On the 5th of april 2010 it will be ten years since CHRIS and KEVIN got killed in turkey following the team they loved LEEDS UNITED in the champions league. As a mark of respect wear BLACK clothing to the Yeovil game as a mark of respect for CHRIS and KEVIN. GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #4 på: Mars 31, 2010, 10:16:38 »
James Phillips:

When Leeds United travel to Yeovil Town on the 5th April 2010, it will mark the 10th anniversary since Kevin and Chris were tragically taken from us.

The South Leeds Independent would like you to show that we still feel utter disgust at the European football authorities and Turkey's judicial system by joining them in a 1 minute 'turn your backs on football'.

As the referee blows his whistle for the match to begin, join us in turning our backs for 1 minute (regardless of what is happening on the pitch) to prove to the football world (on live television) that we have not forgotten Chris and Kev or the atrocities of that awful night. Please spread this message to all attending the Yeovil game.

Also, many thanks to all of the non-LUFC fans who have left kind messages on the group wall. Some things are more important than footballing rivalries, and the support shown by everybody in the group is heartwarming.

Never forgotten Chris and Kevin, sleep tight.

Marching on Together.

Le Jardin

« Svar #5 på: April 03, 2010, 16:06:25 »
Noen som vet hvori Istanbul dette skjedde. i nærheten av Galatasarays stadio?
Skal til Istanbul om en måned, kunne vært interessant og vært akkurat der...

Terje, som konser på kamp nå. MOT!
"Victory is in our sights"

Promotion 2010

« Svar #6 på: November 24, 2010, 18:46:04 »
Tar frem denne igjen.

Endelig ser det ut til at en saken går mot en slags avklaring. Etterlyst person arrestert ifølge tyrkisk politi:

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20101124/turkish-man-finally-apprehended_2247585_2229216

Det har vært mye frem og tilbake i denne saken. En mann ble arrestert rett i etterkant av knivstikkingen, men ble ikke rettsforfulgt i Tyrkia. Saken hang deretter i en tynn tråd i en periode. Protestaksjoner og innsamlingsaksjoner til minne om ofrene er gjort. Saken har også vært omtalt i Parliamentet, men først nå et slags gjennombrudd.

Annen tråd om saken:
http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php/topic,12142.0.html

Kan jo kanskje slåes sammen!  ;)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #7 på: November 24, 2010, 20:35:18 »
Litt mer info:

A Turkish man involved in the murder of two Leeds United fans on the eve of the English club's UEFA Cup semi-final clash with Galatasaray in Istanbul ten years ago has finally been apprehended, according to a report on Leedsunited.com.

Suleyman Gokhan Guven was sentenced to ten years in prison for his part in the murders of Christopher Loftus and Kevin Speight but he had been on the since the final ruling. However, he has now been apprehended and will serve his sentence along with three others who have lost their appeals.

Leeds United CEO Shaun Harvey expressed his satisfaction at the news Guven was caught.

"We're pleased he has been apprehended. Justice is now to be seen to be served."

Earlier this week it was announced that Ali Umi Demir, Ali Baydar (six years, eight months), Guven (10 years) and Yilmaz Tutush (five years), who were all found guilty in the murder of Kevin and Christopher, had lost their appeal and would return to prison to serve their sentences. Three others were acquitted.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/755/europe/2010/11/24/2230009/turkish-man-involved-in-murder-of-leeds-united-fans
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Ferre

« Svar #8 på: April 05, 2012, 12:51:28 »

SindreWikre

• På juniorlaget
  • Sindre - LEEDS - LEEDS - LEEDS
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #9 på: April 05, 2012, 17:55:48 »
RIP Chris and Kevin ! MOT! <3
Pontus ❤

Leedsgutt

« Svar #10 på: April 05, 2012, 18:15:26 »
Vet bare at de bli knivstukket før kamp .

Var det slosskamp ?      kjente de 2 hverandre ?      eller var det bare tilfeldig at de ble drept ?

ble morderen tatt ?

ollan

« Svar #11 på: April 05, 2012, 19:08:08 »
Vet bare at de bli knivstukket før kamp .

Var det slosskamp ?      kjente de 2 hverandre ?      eller var det bare tilfeldig at de ble drept ?

ble morderen tatt ?

gidder du ikke å skrolle deg 25 cm opp på siden??

http://www.leedsunited.no/forum/index.php/topic,12142.0.html
Ollan

Karl Hot Shot

« Svar #12 på: April 05, 2012, 22:47:07 »
R.I.P Chris & Kevin

Promotion 2010

« Svar #13 på: April 01, 2015, 22:41:02 »
Coming up to 15yrs since we lost 2 of our family & they will never b forgotten.Killed going 2 watch our team by scum! http://t.co/Da4tcTkmY0

RIP
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #14 på: April 02, 2015, 10:24:59 »
@holmesylufc87: @nmartyn25 What did you think of Kewell's move to Turkey?

@nmartyn25: @holmesylufc87 to be honest I was disgusted I don't feel that any Leeds player should ever go there .

8)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #15 på: April 04, 2015, 16:21:01 »
http://ipad.dagbladet.no/2015/04/04/sport/sportno/idrett/fotball/galatasaray/38540475/

Wesley Sneijder kan ikke sin Leedshistorie!

"Beklaget
Tilbakemeldingene lot ikke vente på seg, og Sneijder fjernet raskt meldingen da han skjønte hva han hadde gjort.

Etterpå kom nederlenderen også med en beklagelse til klubben via Twitter. Du kan lese den i høyremargen.

- Det ville vært skuffende å se dette på hvilken som helst dag, men særlig denne helga når vi har planlagt flere markeringer av respekt for fansen som dro for å se favorittlaget spille og aldri kom hjem, sier en talsmann for Leeds ifølge The Guardian.

Fem dømt
Gjerningsmannen Ali Umit Demir ble dømt til 15 års fengsel for drapene, og fire andre menn fikk også fengselsstraffer i forbindelse med saken.

Advokaten til Demirsa i retten at engelskmennene framprovoserte angrepet ved å misbruke det tyrkiske flagget."
« Siste redigering: April 04, 2015, 16:33:52 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Kontakinte

« Svar #16 på: April 05, 2015, 10:02:55 »
http://ipad.dagbladet.no/2015/04/04/sport/sportno/idrett/fotball/galatasaray/38540475/

Wesley Sneijder kan ikke sin Leedshistorie!

"Beklaget
Tilbakemeldingene lot ikke vente på seg, og Sneijder fjernet raskt meldingen da han skjønte hva han hadde gjort.

Etterpå kom nederlenderen også med en beklagelse til klubben via Twitter. Du kan lese den i høyremargen.

- Det ville vært skuffende å se dette på hvilken som helst dag, men særlig denne helga når vi har planlagt flere markeringer av respekt for fansen som dro for å se favorittlaget spille og aldri kom hjem, sier en talsmann for Leeds ifølge The Guardian.

Fem dømt
Gjerningsmannen Ali Umit Demir ble dømt til 15 års fengsel for drapene, og fire andre menn fikk også fengselsstraffer i forbindelse med saken.

Advokaten til Demirsa i retten at engelskmennene framprovoserte angrepet ved å misbruke det tyrkiske flagget."
Forbanna tyrkerpakk! Hvorfor eller hva er tanken til Halvhjernen Sneijder  med og legge ut dette. 

Promotion 2010

« Svar #17 på: April 05, 2019, 16:08:08 »
All Leeds TV
19 Years since Leeds tragically lost 2 fans, Chris and Kev. If you’re at the Birmingham game we ask for you, on the 19th minute to join us and turn your backs for them. Gone but not forgotten, rest in Peace

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #18 på: April 05, 2019, 18:34:44 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #19 på: April 05, 2019, 18:50:24 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #20 på: April 05, 2019, 21:42:18 »
George Speight
19 years feels like 19 minutes rip dad and Chris never will be forgotten

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #21 på: April 06, 2019, 22:49:43 »
Samme dag i 2012:

Leeds United_madx

2012 saw the sad passing of former #LUFC groundsman John Reynolds.

His association with the club spans over five decades since first arriving as a young trainee from South Wales, along with the great John Charles.

Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this time.

Min første Leeds-kamp: