Skrevet av Emne: Vårt akademi og Leeds fremover  (Lest 80410 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Vårt akademi og Leeds fremover
« Svar #240 på: Desember 13, 2016, 18:34:39 »
Vs Reading:

#lufc well done to 17 year old striker Mallik Wilks who is involved with the first team tonight
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Xern

« Svar #241 på: Desember 13, 2016, 19:35:27 »
Vs Reading:

#lufc well done to 17 year old striker Mallik Wilks who is involved with the first team tonight
Vi har en ny Alan Smith! Det kan konstanteres med en gang. #ønsketenkning  ;D
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Klausen

« Svar #242 på: Desember 13, 2016, 20:22:17 »
Vs Reading:

Kanskje 17-åringen kan score et mål i dag til ære for Massimo?

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #243 på: Desember 15, 2016, 20:30:21 »
I mangel av egen Lucy Ward-tråd poster jeg det her, hun 'var' tross alt ungdomsakademiet in person over ca 11 år. Inntil Redders ble sparket.
PS! De som vil ha Cellinobildet sitt intakt og uplettet bes la være å lese (selv om det strengt tatt er lite 'nytt' her for den som har lest om Cellinos syn på akademiet før...)

How Massimo Cellino's destructive ownership of Leeds United cost Lucy Ward the one thing that mattered most
After spending 11 years as Leeds United's welfare officer, Lucy Ward was sacked for 'gross misconduct' that was later found to be a pretence in a tribunal. She tells Ian Herbert why no sum of money can give her back the career in football she loved so much
Ian Herbert Chief Sports Writer
@ianherbs
48 minutes  ago

The Independent Online

Lucy Ward is still owed £360,000 after her unfair dismissal at Leeds United by owner Massimo Cellino

It’s early afternoon in central Leeds, the time of day when Lucy Ward would usually have been mopping up some of the problems that came with a pastoral responsibility for the dozens of young footballers who have come under her care at the city’s once great club, from James Milner and Aaron Lennon to Fabian Delph and Sam Byram. Yet she sits across the table in a coffee house in the Trinity shopping centre, watching the Christmas stampede go by, and reflecting on how, despite an integral role for 11 years at one of the outstanding production lines of recent British talent, she may now never work on the inside of football again.

Ward became a part of the collateral damage of Italian Massimo Cellino’s chaotic, destructive ownership of Leeds United when she was sacked 18 months ago and though in April an industrial tribunal castigated the Italian and his executive director Adam Pearson and ruled she was a victim of dismissal and sexual discrimination, the bleak aftermath of fighting such a case is now evident.

Employers are notoriously suspicious of job applicants who have brought a successful unfair dismissal claim, as Ward discovered when rejected by a club several months ago in favour of a candidate with less experience. And though she’s as independent minded as you would expect a woman who has operated for so long in the competitive, alpha-male elite football environment – “she was unbelievable with me,” Delph has said of her – insecurities clearly linger.

Cellino’s lawyers sought to denigrate her as a ‘controlling’ woman as they attempted to justify sacking her and Ward recalls some of the court report headlines  so vividly that you sense they haunt her. ‘She ruled the club’; ‘People didn’t like her.’ Twitter trolls have lurked, too. Only now, eight months after the tribunal found Leeds’ conduct towards her to have been disgraceful and ordered the club to pay her £290,000 does Ward feel able to give her first interview.

The 42-year-old flinches at the notion that she might be considered a feminist freedom fighter, who suggests what men should and should not be allowed to say to women.  One of Cellino’s names for Ward was “blondie” and she says it did not offend her. “There’s a lot of stuff that you’d say is sexist in football but you’re in there and it’s part of it,” she says. “I don’t think you can say: ‘I’m a woman so you can’t say that. I would have been the last person to bring a claim of discrimination.’”

She always spoke her mind in Cellino’s company, though, and that earned her a respect from him which made their working relationship tolerable until he decided to sack manager Neil Redfearn, Ward’s partner, in May last year and decided she must be shown the door, too, because he saw them as “a pair.”

Ward wants the FA to investigate Cellino's former colleagues Adam Pearson and Stuart Hayton (Paul David Drabble)
Ward was with Cellino one evening when he saw the club’s former strength and conditioning coach Stacey Emmonds taking the under-21s warm-up at Elland Road. “I can’t having a f*****g woman doing that. She a woman. She sleep with players…” Ward says in Cellino-speak. She put him right on that one and he was talked out of demanding Emmonds leave the pitch. “He would get a bee in his bonnet about something and forget,” Ward says. Since Ward was sacked, it has become a rule that no women are permitted to work with the first team at Leeds.

There’s no self-aggrandisement in the way Ward details the roles that she, nominally Leeds’ Head of Education, picked up as Cellino hollowed the club out, sacking virtually all non-footballing staff at the Thorp Arch training ground.

The owner had somehow become convinced that the place was costing him £1.6m-a-year and should operate on the same £30,000-a-year budget as the Academy as his previous club, Cagliari. The one-time training ground of future England internationals dismissed its three cleaners and Cellino “decided the under 18s could do all the cleaning instead,” recalls Ward. She eventually persuaded him to re-hire cleaners but not before a sickness bug led to the entire complex being closed down and deep cleansed. Spores from the swimming pool seem to have been the cause of the epidemic. Cellino had decided he would no longer pay the £25,000-a-year cost of heating and treating the pool. A stink permeated the whole training complex at one stage.

The club’s kit men had to double up as the laundry staff, though she contributed to the effort on Saturdays. The Thorp Arch security staff were dismissed along with the receptionist, which meant that either Ward fielded calls from arrivals at the entry barrier or the Elland Road switchboard answered them, 22 miles away. “They didn’t have a clue who they were buzzing through the gate. I used to look out of the window and say ‘what’s that guy doing in the drive?’” she says. “Safeguarding just went. I told the club: ‘If anything happens, they’ll wipe the floor with the club.”

The catering staff were sacked, too, so after an expensive experiment shipping food for the players up from Elland Road, Ward ended up cooking for the Academy trainees. “There were 75 of us,” she relates. “I’d go to Morrisons in the morning and buy cold meats and pastas or I would make pasta in the Academy kitchens. It became a bit of joke. ‘Luce, what am I having today?’ ‘Oh, I don’t like that.’  Then we’d clean the kitchen, though it was us with cloths and mops, not exactly health and safety standard.”

Yet Ward was sacked a year later on the grounds – a pretence, the tribunal found- that she had failed to ask permission for a leave of absence to commentate for the BBC on the Women’s World Cup in Canada. She had exceeded her annual holiday quota by 16 days.

Pearson, whom the tribunal heard was instructed to carry out the sackings, was willing to pay off Redfearn and academy support officer Steve Holmes, who went in the same cull. But Ward, whose disciplinary record had been without blemish, was told she had committed gross misconduct by working for the BBC. “I didn’t want a sex discrimination case against my name,” she says. “But it was either that or a gross misconduct and you can’t work with kids if you’ve had a gross misconduct…”

Leeds United have banished from the game a professional who had been considered one of English football’s leading lights in the complex pastoral and educational care of young footballers. Ward has fielded the full gamut of crises that come with the territory: players’ facing a bereavement, struggling with homesickness, a rape allegation against one – false as it turned out – not to mention the rationale that Delph offered – flawed and needing to be firmly counteracted– that he had made the best choice available when stopped for drink driving in 2008 because the others in the car had consumed more alcohol than him.

Ward helped bring through the likes of James Milner and Fabian Delph
For a considerable time, there was a strong component of women at the core of the Leeds Academy, with Ward Emmond and physiotherapist Faith Fisher-Atack as well as confident and influential women as secretary and receptionist.

“It’s interesting the effect that women have, looking after lads,” she says. “We would turn up at games and there would be Faith, Stacey and me, and a lot of the other teams or opposition coaches would be ‘ooh look at the blondes you’ve got.’ And our lads would be: ‘What are you on about? Don’t talk about them like that.’ Young footballers have two types of women - their mother, or that type of figure, or someone they meet in a nightclub or a bar. They have nothing in between, in terms of a women role medal. With us they had ones that were professional. All of a sudden they looked at women a bit differently and I would like to think it changed how they are with women. I think there’s a softness but also a bluntness about women which helps the development of teenage lads.”

You might win a case and you might get some money, but it doesn’t replace what you’ve lost
Lucy Ward
“I’d go into the changing rooms with the 18s and 21s and listen to them because they needed to know that I was one step in front of them, when they tried to wag out of school or didn’t behave. They might try it on in front of the others but as a woman with a teenager you only have to look at them in the eye and say ‘that’s embarrassing,’ and generally the rest of them would say ‘she’s right.’ The respect was something you built up over years.”

After more than a decade watching players graduate into the big time, Ward also has a perspective on what marks out a future star. Milner was always the one with such extraordinary focus that he could blank out the stick – which doesn’t sound too far away from bullying – which he was dealt by teammates because he didn’t always conform with them socially. “They’d do stuff to his room, play tricks on him. It was jealousy, really. But he wasn’t bothered by what people said. He was pressed into the first team really quickly and the behaviour towards him changed then.” It was as Leeds were preparing to sack Ward that she was working with the first young player who she believes might actually have even more of the Milner focus than Milner: Lewis Cook, who is now 19.

She's now embarking on a broadcasting career with BT Sport and the BBC (Paul David Drabble)
Ward also brings the insight of how it feels to score an own goal three minutes into an FA Cup Final – the 2006 match in which Leeds Ladies, for whom she spent most of a 13-year playing career, lost 5-0 to Arsenal Ladies. It is another of the perspectives that are building her a reputation as an accomplished broadcaster. She is an established member of the BT Sport commentary team, contributes to BBC Radio 5 and has just started in a role for the BBC TV’s Final Score.

The pathos at the core of the interview resides in the fact that what mattered most to her – the development of young players - has gone. “It wasn’t until what happened to me when I got sacked that I realised it was all encompassing, so everything that’s happened in my life was around the kids and the next day it wasn’t any more. It’s been 18 months since I left now but even now I can’t deal with certain things. It’s quite painful hearing about the kids who were 12 and who are now 16. They were my kids. You might win a case and you might get some money, but it doesn’t replace what you’ve lost.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/massimo-cellino-leeds-united-ownership-lucy-ward-interview-unfair-dismissal-a7477926.html
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #244 på: Desember 15, 2016, 20:44:49 »
Og Cellino er ikke i stand til å betale boten, eller så er han ikke interresert i å betale boten han ble dømt til å betale http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/leeds-united-massimo-cellino-lucy-ward-unfair-dismissal-sacked-tribunal-a7477746.html

Promotion 2010

« Svar #245 på: Desember 30, 2016, 21:50:42 »
Hay
Wilks made the bench for Leeds' win over Reading earlier this month. His pro deal runs to the end of the 2017-18 season. #lufc
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #246 på: Desember 30, 2016, 22:22:07 »
Hay
Wilks made the bench for Leeds' win over Reading earlier this month. His pro deal runs to the end of the 2017-18 season. #lufc

YEP Sport ‏@YEPSportsdesk  10h
10 hours ago

Leeds United hot prospect Mallik Wilks signs professional terms - @PhilHayYEP

Full story: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-hot-prospect-mallik-wilks-signs-professional-terms-1-8311188 â€¦ #lufc

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #247 på: Januar 18, 2017, 08:13:09 »
Lovende takter allerede fra vår nye co-eier:

Leeds United co-owner Andrea Radrizzani plans to invest in local youth

Andrea Radrizzani

Published:  06:30 Wednesday 18 January 2017

Leeds United co-owner Andrea Radrizzani has promised to sustain and improve the club’s youth-team structure as part of his future plans after visiting the Thorp Arch academy last week.

Radrizzani said Leeds were aiming to expand their reach and recruitment in Yorkshire and revealed that immediate ideas for change were floated during meetings with academy manager Adam Underwood and other staff on Thursday.

United’s new shareholder, who acquired 50 per cent of the club at the start of this month, made the trip to Thorp Arch one of his first tasks after flying into England following the completion of his investment deal with Massimo Cellino.

Leeds’ academy is one of the most productive in the country, yielding a steady stream of first-team players including seven in Garry Monk’s current squad, and it holds category two status under English football’s Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP).

The set-up at Thorp Arch was forced to cope with heavy financial cuts and repeated staff changes during Cellino’s reign as majority shareholder but Radrizzani gave the project his backing and said the club should be “proud” of their steady production line.

“I still need to study better what we have,” Radrizzani said. “I had the opportunity to meet the director of the academy (Adam Underwood) and I want to spend more time understanding how we work and how we can improve.

“They already expressed to me a few ideas, how things can be done a little bit better. The intention is to focus more on the Yorkshire area, to find more talent and have more legacy in the region.

“But we need to be proud that every year we are seeing some of our talented being requested by big clubs and having the chance to play.”

United’s development squad contested a friendly against Burnley at Thorp Arch yesterday. A side containing three trialists suffered a 1-0 defeat.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Dennis

« Svar #248 på: Januar 18, 2017, 10:26:06 »
Lovende takter allerede fra vår nye co-eier:

8)
Marching on together!

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #250 på: Januar 18, 2017, 20:15:15 »
I kjølvannet av Odours nye kontrakt får talentene følgende oppfordring: jobb hardt.
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/18/leeds-united-under-23-boss-has-strong-warning-for-clarke-oduor-f/
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #251 på: Januar 23, 2017, 22:37:47 »
Revealed: The Championship's most successful academies
The Daily Mirror's data team have crunched the numbers to see which Championship club has the most successful youth system

ByDavid Dubas-Fisher  08:00, 23 JAN 2017   Sport

No team has given as much game time to their youth players as Leeds United this season

Leeds United are the Championship's top club when it comes to playing academy players.
The club's academy graduates have played a combined total of 7,227 minutes of football for the West Yorkshire club in all competitions this season.

No other Championship side has given as much game time to players to come from their own academy. Charlie Taylor, Ronaldo Vieira, Kalvin Phillips, Alex Mowatt, Lewie Coyle and Tyler Denton have played pivotal roles in the Whites' promotion push this season.
Another seven Leeds academy graduates have played for Premier League sides this season. Players such as Fabian Delph, Danny Rose, and James Milner all came through the ranks at Elland Road and have helped make Leeds the most well represented non-Premier League academy in the top flight.

Alex Mowatt has come through the ranks at Elland Road (Photo: Getty Images)

Revealed: The Premier League's most successful academies
Wolves have the Championship’s next best record for using their academy players. Eight of the club’s academy players have featured for the club this season, clocking up 5,672 minutes of game time between them in the process.
Blackburn’s youngsters come next with 5,237 minutes followed by Nottingham Forest (5,017) and Bristol City (2,006).

Aston Villa have the best record when it comes to former graduates though.

A total of 19 players to have made their senior debuts while still in the Villa youth system have played for Championship clubs this season, notching up 20,106 minutes of game time between them.
There have been 21 Manchester United academy graduates to represent Championship clubs this season, playing a combined total of 16,473 minutes of football between them.

Blackburn Rovers manager Owen Coyle has put his trust in youth (Photo: Action Images / Paul Burrows)

Top 10 - own academy players
Leeds: 7,227
Wolves: 5,672
Blackburn: 5,237
Nottingham: 5,017
Bristol City: 5,006
Burton: 4,662
Aston Villa: 4,401
Derby: 3,187
Reading: 2,844
Cardiff: 2,839
Top 10 - minutes played by graduates in Championship
Aston Villa: 20,106
Man United: 16,473
Arsenal: 15,654
Wolves: 14,491
Blackburn: 13,508
Liverpool: 13,009
Leeds: 12,807
Chelsea: 12,709
Man City: 11,210
Nottingham Forest: 9,310
[/color]

Top 10 academies by number of graduates in Championship
Man United: 21
Aston Villa: 19
Wolves: 14
Blackburn: 14
Tottenham: 12
Arsenal: 11
Leeds: 11
Liverpool: 11
Man City: 11
Chelsea: 10
Flham: 10
Nottingham Forest: 10

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/revealed-championships-most-successful-academies-9671300
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #252 på: Januar 29, 2017, 20:07:38 »
Undrer meg på politikken med unge spillere, og deres kontrakter (eller mangel på sådanne). De to siste sesongene har Leeds sluppet 3 unge spillere, og kommer til å miste 1 til: Byram, Cook, Mowatt og Taylor. Det paradoksale er at klubben klenger seg til talenter som i månedsvis signaliserer at de ønsker klubbbytte (Byram, Cook og Taylor), mens man uten blygsel selger den som ønsker å spille for klubben (Mowatt) for knapper og glansbilder. Fansens tålmodighet med eventuelle avhoppere er også fantastisk. Både Byram og Cook fikk støtte for å nekte og skrive under kontrakter, og Taylor har også den samme støtten, på tross av at han klart har signalisert at han ikke lenger gidder å spille for Leeds Utd. Mowatts salg har blitt betegnet som "good riddance". Plutselig ser fansen Leeds som et PL-lag, hvor den godeste Mowatt er altfor dårlig til å spille, mens Byram, Cook og Taylor er selvskrevne. Faktum er at Leeds pr. dags dato ikke spiller i PL, og at sistnevntes uegnethet er kun noe som eksisterer inne i hodene på fansen.
Derfor: selg spillere som ikke gidder å undertegne kontrakter ASAP. Sett dem gjerne ut av laget permanent. Sats på spillere som ønsker å spille for Leeds Utd. Ergo: selg Taylor.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #253 på: Februar 07, 2017, 18:06:15 »
Leeds United striker Frank Mulhern's future at the club appears to be in doubt after he was allowed to go on trial at rivals Huddersfield Town.

Huddersfield confirmed on their website yesterday that Mulhern was one of their trialists for their under-23 win over Crewe.

Mulhern had two chances, with one cleared off the line by a defender and put another shot wide from inside the box.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #254 på: Februar 07, 2017, 18:06:59 »
Adam Pope

For clarity Frank Mulhern I'm told is now a free agent & was able to play for #htafc U23s at Crewe yesterday without permission from #lufc
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #255 på: April 25, 2017, 21:36:10 »
HÃ…Ã…Ã…Ã…P

LUFC ACADEMY

Congratulations to our U13/14 side who have reached the final of the Chisola Cup in Torino, after beating Juventus 13-12 on penalties!

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #257 på: April 26, 2017, 21:51:24 »
Leeds vs Genoa i finalen:

http://www.11giovani.it/tornei-piemonte/item/7834-chisola-cup-2017-le-semifinali.html

Tapte 0-1 i finalen:

Whites reach final of Chisola Cup.
Leeds United’s U13/14s this week finished as runners up in the Chisola Cup, held in Torino.

After progressing through the group stage and coming up against Rhodense, Pinerolo and Torino, the Whites progressed to the quarter final.

Leeds overcame Sampdoria 1-0, to set up a semi-final clash with Italian giants Juventus, who Leeds beat 13-12 on penalties to progress to the final.

In the final the Whites came up against Genoa, but were narrowly beaten 1-0 in a closely fought match.

There was also a special individual award for Whites stopper Harry Christie, who was named Goalkeeper of the tournament.

Speaking about the achievement, Academy Manager Adam Underwood said: "It’s fantastic for our young players to experience playing against top teams from around Europe in tournaments like the Chisola Cup.

“Whilst I'm sure they will be disappointed not to have won the competition, it's a tremendous achievement to reach the final having beat the likes of Sampdoria and Juventus on the way.

“Exposure to varying playing styles and the pressure situations that come with tournament football is a key part of the development of our Academy players.

“The tournament took place in Italy over six days and provided the chance for the staff to work on the players social and teamwork skills and to educate them in a new culture.

“I would like to congratulate the players and staff on their efforts during the tour, they were a credit to the football club."
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #258 på: April 27, 2017, 20:42:09 »
Adam Pope

Former #lufc U23 striker Frank Mulhern has been released by #htafc .

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #260 på: Mai 11, 2017, 19:50:03 »

Promotion 2010

« Svar #261 på: Mai 12, 2017, 23:59:22 »
Ian Harte

Congratulations to @JackClarke09 @LUFC big future ahead.

Ã…rets spiller U-18

Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #262 på: Mai 17, 2017, 10:01:23 »
3 akademispillere har blitt sluppet på free transfer de seneste dagene: Billy Whitehouse, Jack Vann og tidligere U-18 kaptein Michael Taylor.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #263 på: Mai 28, 2017, 14:38:08 »
Jacub Bokiej - Polish scout for Man City og Leeds

1st game for Polish Football Academy - Krzysztof Jarosz U11 for Leeds United at Thorp Arch.

#lufc

« Siste redigering: Mai 28, 2017, 14:41:45 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #264 på: Juni 07, 2017, 19:51:09 »
En artikkel fra 2016:

ACADEMY: 2016/17 STRUCTURE CONFIRMED

Leeds United Academy confirms its structure for the new season...

The Leeds United Academy has confirmed its structure in preparation for the 2016/17 season.

The Club has been delighted with the performance of the Academy and the commitment, effort and unity of the immensely-talented and experienced Thorp Arch staff to delivering a bright future for Leeds United.

A recent nation-wide review of Academy productivity, which gathered data from all 92 clubs in England’s top four divisions, ranked United’s as the second-highest in the country since the introduction of the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) at the start of the 2012/13 season.

The 2015/16 campaign also saw a total of eight Thorp Arch graduates feature in the United first-team over the course of the season, representing the Academy’s highest productivity rate for several years.

Head coach Garry Monk said: “Everybody in football knows the prestige of the Leeds United Academy and the fine work that has been done in developing young players over the years.

“I'm really excited to help keep that important pathway from the Academy to the first team, as I'm a big believer developing young talent.

“As we enter the new season, and having met the staff already, it is clear the Academy is in safe hands to continue performing to such a high standard.”

The Club is extremely satisfied with the structure, planning and wealth of talent that has been put in place within the Academy ahead of the forthcoming season and, therefore, does not intend to appoint an Academy Director.

Adam Underwood and Daral Pugh will continue in their key roles at Thorp Arch as Academy Manager and Head of Coaching respectively, meeting the EPPP requirements for a ‘Category 2’ Academy.

Adam has been in the role of Academy Manager at United since 2014 and is highly-regarded at Thorp Arch, while Daral, the Club’s former assistant Academy manager, returned to Leeds last summer following stints with Bury and Hull City.

Elsewhere, a number of former United players and Academy graduates now occupy a range of key coaching roles at Thorp Arch, which is a factor the Club values particularly highly in the development of its current crop of young players.

Jason Blunt will take charge of the Under-21s on a permanent basis after stepping up from the Under-18s, who will now be led by fellow Academy products Andy Gray and Mark Jackson during the new campaign, with John Anderson departing his Under-18s coaching role this summer.

The Club would like to place on record its thanks to John and wish him the very best for the future.

Jackson, who returned to Thorp Arch last November after a 20-year playing career which began at United, will form an Under-18s coaching pairing with his former Leeds team-mate Gray, while former Scotland international Neil Sullivan remains in place as United’s Academy goalkeeping coach.

Long-serving duo Scott Gardner and Andy Wood will also continue as part of the coaching team at Thorp Arch, alongside a full complement of full and part-time Academy staff in education, coaching, sports science, medicine, recruitment and administration.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #265 på: Juni 29, 2017, 18:01:59 »
Ny kontrakt på Tom Pearce

Congratulations @Tompearce98 on signing your new deal @LUFC  all the best mate

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #266 på: Juni 29, 2017, 20:01:18 »
first e11even sports‏ @firste11even  1h
1 hour ago
Congratulations @robbiegotts1 on signing your first professional contract @LUFC all the best from everyone @firste11even mate

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #267 på: Juli 01, 2017, 00:29:16 »
Photo: Young talent Robbie Gotts compared to Wayne Rooney signs Leeds United deal
Dan Coombs @hitcdancoombs2 hours ago
2 2   0
Leeds United youngster has been highly touted from a young age.

Leeds United have signed promising young talent Robbie Gotts to a professional contract, a deal which has been years in the making.

Gotts was pictured signing his contract by his agency, a significant step in what he hopes will become an accomplished career.

Gotts' deal is notable because he was picked out by Leeds at a young age as a star of the future.

The North Yorkshire News reported in 2007 how Gotts left coaches stunned as he impressed on a Leeds United invitational coaching event - at the age of six.

The headline 'could Robbie be Harrogate's answer to Wayne Rooney?' ran, with team coach Cliff Trotter commenting: "'ve been coaching lads for more than 30 years and have seen many talented youngsters.

"Some have gone on to play for professional clubs but I've never seen anyone quite like little Robbie."

He was just seven at the time and now 17, he is on course to begin fulfilling his potential.

Gotts has already played for Leeds United's under-23 team, featuring last season alongside established professionals like Luke Murphy.

Time will tell if Robbie has 'Gotts' what it takes to be a star for Leeds United's first team, but right now he is on course and signing a professional deal is another box ticked off.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #268 på: Juli 13, 2017, 19:38:17 »
Mange spørsmål rundt akademiet til Jay Smith som er speider for akademiet:

Ny sjef bl.a:

Q: @jaylufcacademy this is all too much Jay. Any news on u23 boss?

A: Mad aint it.. maybe 1 tom then calm down a bit... looking at couple ex players im told but not given a name as yet.

Og nye spillere på akademiet og organisering:

Q: Another one! Jeepers. Hope you’re fluent in several European languages fella. Imagine there might be a few Europeans for the academy!

A: ...only just cracked english! All change at every level. Building ready for prem, A cat 1 academy ready for new training ground.

Om enda flere spillere inn fredag:

Q: Another signing for the first team tomorrow?

A: So im told pal.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #269 på: Juli 13, 2017, 19:41:10 »
Sakser denne videre:

A: ...only just cracked english! All change at every level. Building ready for prem, A cat 1 academy ready for new training ground
Min første Leeds-kamp: