Skrevet av Emne: Vårt akademi og Leeds fremover  (Lest 80356 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Vårt akademi og Leeds fremover
« Svar #300 på: Juli 20, 2019, 16:49:17 »
Stephen Taylor

Hate seeing our academy lads poached by cat 1 academies. Got their debut shirts when they benched in the championship, and I’ll keep hold of them, but both have gone to premier teams now (almost) While ever we are cat 2 there’s nothing we can do to stop them being taken. Shame

>:(
Hvem er det snakk om?

Nicell og Dalby til Leicester og Watford.
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Lundewhites

« Svar #301 på: Juli 20, 2019, 20:21:41 »
Stephen Taylor

Hate seeing our academy lads poached by cat 1 academies. Got their debut shirts when they benched in the championship, and I’ll keep hold of them, but both have gone to premier teams now (almost) While ever we are cat 2 there’s nothing we can do to stop them being taken. Shame

>:(
Hvem er det snakk om?

Nicell og Dalby til Leicester og Watford.
Ingen av disse to var ønsket med videre av Leeds?  Men siden begge var under kontrakt til 2020, så kanskje det følger med et videre salg klausul i kontrakten?
For the sake of Leeds United he would break himself in two

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #302 på: Februar 22, 2024, 13:48:35 »
Prøver denne tråden for oppbyggingen av akademiet vårt.

Martin Diggle har (omsider) blitt tilbudt stillingen som akademidirektør etter Adam Underwood, som i sommer gjorde opprykk til Head of Football Operations. Han kommer fra en tilsvarende stilling hos Liverpool men flytter nå 'hjem' slik eg tolker artikkelen. Han har tidligere undervist i Sports Coaching ved Leeds Beckett University der han i en tidligere fase tok sin universitetsutdannelse.

Karrieren begynte han hos Bolton som trener, og har nå 15 års fartstid innen fotballen. 9 av disse tilbrakte han i FA som sjef for all trenerutdannelse.

Artikkelen:
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-poach-liverpool-talent-28682630

Om strukturen til Leeds fra i sommer:
Diggle will report to Underwood at Thorp Arch and follows the recent appointment of Jordan Miles, who has arrived as head of recruitment and works under Gretar Steinsson in a similar fashion. Scott Gardner was another recent piece in the puzzle for the Whites, being appointed permanent under-21s head coach last month.
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #303 på: Februar 22, 2024, 16:40:37 »

Martin Diggle har (omsider) blitt tilbudt stillingen som akademidirektør etter Adam Underwood, som i sommer gjorde opprykk til Head of Football Operations. Han kommer fra en tilsvarende stilling hos Liverpool men flytter nå 'hjem' slik eg tolker artikkelen. Han har tidligere undervist i Sports Coaching ved Leeds Beckett University der han i en tidligere fase tok sin universitetsutdannelse.

The Athletic skriver om det samme:
https://theathletic.com/5292352/2024/02/22/martin-diggle-leeds-liverpool/

Leeds United are set to name Liverpool’s Martin Diggle as their new academy manager.

Diggle has agreed to join Leeds and will complete the switch in the coming weeks, leaving his role as head of coach development at Anfield.
Diggle has been with Liverpool since 2019, with a focus on supporting and developing academy coaching staff there. He held previous roles with Bolton Wanderers and the Football Association, which employed him in a range of jobs including head of professional game coach development.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #304 på: Februar 25, 2024, 23:53:18 »
Martin Diggle er ennå ikke formelt ansatt men det virker rimelig klart,

Leeds-Live har sett i gamle intervjuer av ham fra tidligere og sammenfatter følgende:

But what can Leeds expect as part of this appointment and the values he will bring to Thorp Arch?

A firm believer in simplifying activities on the training ground, Diggle is likely to maintain this approach when his new job begins. Explaining why he has this mindset, the current Liverpool coach told Technique: “I think that within all of us there's been a perception that ‘I'm coaching’ because I've got another practice to show. Sometimes I think we've got to reframe coaching.

“It should not be so much about the practice, it should be about my ability to observe and be obsessed with the individuals within the practice and how I help them.”

Many Leeds supporters will be unaware of the job Diggle has overseen for the last five years, so what exactly was his primary responsibility on Merseyside? Shedding light on this topic, he told the GoPlay Soccer Podcast in 2022: "The specific part I play is coming in and continuing the work I had done at the FA. My primary focus is to work with coaches, to make them better and help the players become the best they can be. Our ethos is everything starts and finishes with the players. You have to understand the players you are working with.

"This is about a long-term journey. There are ups and downs. Stand back and observe more, talk less. Each kid is unique, so be careful if you've got a lovely manual of how you want to work and apply that to all players."

Making clear what his key principles are when working with young people, he said: "You need good people, people with good values and principles. There is a lot of ego in football. You have to love working with children and football.

"If you really want to work with young kids, you have to be extremely selfless and it can't be about you as a coach. You have to have a natural enthusiasm and see the good in kids. I am a glass half full rather than half empty in terms of what might be possible. I believe we can push the boundaries of what children are capable of. You have to build belief and confidence in young people and inspire them. You have to communicate in a simple way that they will understand.

"The gift of the coach is how you work in an environment and how you help the children feel comfortable to express themselves. One of the things in this country is there are huge number of adults who surround these kids once they get into the 11-a-side game. That brings benefits and challenges as everyone wants to feel like they're helping. All these people surrounding young players will naturally create uncertainty and a lot of questions."

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/martin-diggle-key-principles-coaching-28694076
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan