Skrevet av Emne: Financial Fair Play (FFP)  (Lest 39288 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Leedsfan

Sv: Financial Fair Play (FFP)
« Svar #60 på: Juni 06, 2019, 10:06:29 »
Mike Thornton

We are well away from a breach, I'm pretty sure. Just my opinion though.

Doesn't mean next May we won;t be sweating though!!!

Og så er det kun rom for å låne spillere..??? Kassa er tom guttær >:( >:( >:(

Hvor mange ganger skal du si det før det virkelig blir en sannhet?

I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #61 på: Juni 06, 2019, 12:52:12 »
Mike Thornton

Hvor mange ganger skal du si at det blir Ridsdale tilstander før det blir en sannhet...

Leedsfan

« Svar #62 på: Juni 06, 2019, 13:37:25 »
Mike Thornton

Hvor mange ganger skal du si at det blir Ridsdale tilstander før det blir en sannhet...

Hvis jeg hadde nevnt Ridsdale like ofte som du tror at kassa er tom så hadde t.o.m de som deler det synet blitt lei av å høre om Ridsdale.

Du er litt som han som kommer på fest og det første du sier er at "det kommer ingen damer og han som skulle komme med alkoholen kommer garantert ikke". Sånn holder du på i et par timer og så plutselig kommer det et par tre damer og han som skulle komme med spriten har heller med seg øl nok slik at alle kommer i humør.
« Siste redigering: Juni 06, 2019, 22:49:04 av Leedsfan »
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #63 på: Juni 06, 2019, 19:49:51 »
Mike Thornton

Hvis jeg hadde nevnt Ridsdale like ofte som du tror at kassa er tom så hadde t.o.m de som deler det synes blitt lei av å høre om Ridsdale.

Du er litt som han som kommer på fest og det første du sier er at "det kommer ingen damer og han som skulle komme med alkoholen kommer garantert ikke". Sånn holder du på i et par timer og så plutselig kommer det et par tre damer og han som skulle komme med spriten har heller med seg øl nok slik at alle kommer i humør.
For en sammenligning....for ordens skyld har jeg ikke skrevet ofte at kassa er tom. Det har Håkon tatt seg av  ;) men jeg har selvfølgelig ofte tenkt det samme....

leedslife

« Svar #64 på: Juni 06, 2019, 21:45:39 »
Mike Thornton

Hvis jeg hadde nevnt Ridsdale like ofte som du tror at kassa er tom så hadde t.o.m de som deler det synes blitt lei av å høre om Ridsdale.

;D ;D

Jon R

« Svar #65 på: Juni 10, 2019, 14:03:14 »
David Prutton oppsummerer det hele og legger til noen kloke ord om "sjela" ved å gå opp med nøkternt budsjett kontra gambling på gigabudsjetter.

Norwich og Sheff U viste veien og vi gjorde det nesten!

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/david-prutton-column-days-of-splashing-the-cash-in-the-championship-look-over-1-9812515

Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #66 på: Juni 29, 2019, 12:12:13 »
Aston Villa follow Derby County's example as they utilise controversial FFP loophole - Leeds Live

Aston Villa have followed Derby County's example by selling their ground to a sister company in order to avoid breaking Financial Fair Play rules.

Earlier this year the Rams confirmed that their Pride Park ground had been sold to one of owner Mel Morris' firms in order to get back in the black and avoid a sanction from the EFL.

Clubs are permitted to lose a maximum of £39million over a three-year accounting period and fears grew last season that Villa, who won the Championship play-off final against Derby last month, would be the latest to breach this limit following losses of around £50million from the 2016/17 and 2017/18 season.

While promotion means that the EFL are powerless to punish Villa with the kind of points deduction that they hit Birmingham City with last season, Villa have made a financial move to get back into the black.

Villa Park has been sold
Our sister title BirminghamLive reports that Villa Park, the ground that the club have owned for 100 years, has been sold in a £56.7million deal to the team's owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens.

The Villa subsidiary company, NSWE Stadium Ltd, is under the direct control of the owners.

BirminghamLive accessed Land Registry documents confirming the sale after rumours around the future of Villa Park were set in motion earlier this month when Sawiris and Edens opted to change the name of a Villa subsidiary, Recon Football Limited, to NSWE Stadium Ltd.

An update reveals that on May 21, NSWE [Stadium Ltd] paid £56.7m for the stadium.

Land registry doc showing sale of Villa Park
Villa is composed of a number of subsidiary companies like NSWE Stadium Ltd, which feed into one another and are consolidated under a main parent company - Recon Group UK Ltd.

NSWE is the name of the investment group controlled by billionaires Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens that rescued Villa last summer - and ‘Stadium’ naturally points to Villa Park.

Through this arrangement, Sawiris and Edens have direct control over Recon Group UK Limited.

Championship clubs demand financial transparency rule changes ahead of EFL meeting next week

In the middle of May, a flurry of activity was announced around NSWE Stadium Limited - centring on its ownership structure.

Though announced across 30-31 May, these changes came into effect from 16 May - three days after the name change and sandwiched perfectly between the end of the Championship regular season and the play-off final.

Under the changes, NSWE Stadium Limited ceased to be controlled directly by another Villa company further up the chain - Aston Villa Limited - and instead came under the direct control of Sawiris and Edens.

Aston Villa give update on FFP stance amid concerns from Championship sides

Middlesbrough owner Steve Gibson has been highly critical of the practice of team's selling their stadiums to themselves, with the threat of legal action coming up, while Leeds United chairman Andrea Radrizzani also addressing the issue following the play-off defeat to Derby County.

“It wasn't that we had limitations from the financial fair play, because we cannot sell the stadium to another sister company, even if we could, I wouldn't do it because of ethics.”

This kind of loophole would not be an option currently for Radrizzani, as his firm Greenfield Investment, which is a part of his Aser Group already own it.
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

RoarG

« Svar #67 på: Juni 29, 2019, 16:27:56 »
Selge stadion til seg selv. Her må det nok til et enda tettere regelverk, for å unngå slike smutthull.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #68 på: Juli 01, 2019, 17:35:01 »
Victor Orta spells out Leeds United's transfers and FFP situation

Leeds United must be ‘creative’ with their finances and value quality over quantity in this summer’s transfer market, according to recruitment chief Victor Orta.

The Elland Road director of football today secured the signatures of Jack Harrison, Ben White and Liam McCarron, but admitted he had no plans to commission a glut of further additions.

Birmingham City’s points deduction last season, incurred for breaking Financial Fair Play rules, was a wake-up call for the rest of the Championship, said Orta.

The former Middlesbrough director made it clear the entire market would need to be creative with how they operated in the transfer window.

Orta also suggested the Whites would plan to complete the window with a small number of high quality additions rather than a long list of mid-level names.

“It’s true there’s a new scenario in the Championship after [what] happened last season with Birmingham and the deduction [of] points,” Orta told LUTV.

“Now [there are] tough regulations in the Financial Fair Play and all the teams need to be creative because now the financial situation is all the people monitor and we need to have responsibility in terms of the new regulations

“This is the situation: we need to be creative and we need to build a squad with the principal targets and perhaps the idea quality is better than quantity, in my opinion, in this transfer market.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

stian

« Svar #69 på: Juli 01, 2019, 23:17:04 »
FFP skaper en del grell finansakrobatikk, men det er i alle fall et solid incentiv for å øke inntektene. Ser ikke bort fra at en del lag må begynne å øke billettprisene betydelig, og det satses nok steinhardt på å øke sponsorinntekter og en bedre deal med TV-inntekter. Heldigvis er Leeds nå sannsynligvis det mest attraktive sponsorobjektet i divisjonen.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #70 på: Juli 01, 2019, 23:23:24 »
FFP skaper en del grell finansakrobatikk, men det er i alle fall et solid incentiv for å øke inntektene. Ser ikke bort fra at en del lag må begynne å øke billettprisene betydelig, og det satses nok steinhardt på å øke sponsorinntekter og en bedre deal med TV-inntekter. Heldigvis er Leeds nå sannsynligvis det mest attraktive sponsorobjektet i divisjonen.

Billettprisene har null sjanse her!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #71 på: Juli 02, 2019, 15:12:40 »
Premier League etterforsker Aston Villa for evt. brudd på FFP-reglene. Villa gikk med £50.6 mill bare i 16/17-sesongen. Opprykket deres gjør meg kvalm.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-uniteds-championship-rivals-handed-16518317
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Jon R

« Svar #72 på: Juli 02, 2019, 15:17:05 »
Premier League etterforsker Aston Villa for evt. brudd på FFP-reglene. Villa gikk med £50.6 mill bare i 16/17-sesongen. Opprykket deres gjør meg kvalm.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-uniteds-championship-rivals-handed-16518317
Ikke bare kvalmt, men direkte ødeleggende for tilliten til FFP regelverket!
Jon R.

RoarG

« Svar #73 på: Juli 02, 2019, 15:33:23 »

Ikke bare kvalmt, men direkte ødeleggende for tilliten til FFP regelverket!
Burde starte med poengtrekk. De har sleipet seg opp i PL. Mens andre følger regelverket, lykkes Aston Villa med jukset sitt.

Leedsfan

« Svar #74 på: Juli 04, 2019, 13:39:56 »
Bare å bruke mye penger sier noen!!!

Sent fra min Mi A2 via Tapatalk

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #75 på: Juli 04, 2019, 13:48:50 »

Vel.
Takeover nuller vel ut dette

Eriksen55

« Svar #76 på: Juli 04, 2019, 13:52:40 »

Vel.

Gjør det?

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #77 på: Juli 04, 2019, 13:58:59 »

Vel.

Gjør det?

Uten å være bombastisk. Ved en takeover. Mente det var noe som Hay sa. Ja da skal ikke gamle feil ligge til byrde for nye eiere. Hvis eierne nuller ut gjelda, ja da vil de nye eierne kunne starte på scratch igjen.
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/04/leeds-united-deal-hints-confidence-takeover-will-be-done/
Hvis man leser nedover her,ja da står det.
More likely is that the takeover rumours come to fruition and Leeds will be benefitting from large scale investment from Qatar by then.
Le Parisien claimed this week PSG owners QSI are busy working on a deal to buy Leeds.
« Siste redigering: Juli 04, 2019, 14:05:38 av h.b »

Runar

« Svar #78 på: Juli 04, 2019, 14:04:08 »
Det som er synd er at det er den første sesongen til Rad som gjør at vi er i den situasjonen vi er i nå...

Alle kjøpene som ikke slo til, alle kontrakten forlengelsene som ble signet. OḰane blir jo en ny Luke Murphy fikk ny kontrakt så 5 mnd senere er han uønsket og "umulig" å bli kvitt da ingen vil ta over kontrakten hans.

Vi har løpende kostnader på:
Shaunnessy
Sacko
Ekuban
Saiz
O`Kane
Cibiski
Bouy
Ideguchi
Anita
De Broch

Alle hentet i den perioden eller fått kontraktforlengelse. Her er det 90k i uken i lønn som koster priften 4 millioner pund i året. I tillegg til overgangssummer og sign on fee. Dette tapet ligger på forrige sesongssregnskap og neste sesongs om vi ikke får til at noen andre overtar alle lønnsforpliktelsene deres.

Jon R

« Svar #79 på: Juli 04, 2019, 14:25:03 »

Vel.

Gjør det?

Uten å være bombastisk. Ved en takeover. Mente det var noe som Hay sa. Ja da skal ikke gamle feil ligge til byrde for nye eiere. Hvis eierne nuller ut gjelda, ja da vil de nye eierne kunne starte på scratch igjen.
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/04/leeds-united-deal-hints-confidence-takeover-will-be-done/
Hvis man leser nedover her,ja da står det.
More likely is that the takeover rumours come to fruition and Leeds will be benefitting from large scale investment from Qatar by then.
Le Parisien claimed this week PSG owners QSI are busy working on a deal to buy Leeds.
Kan ikke se at noe som helst "nulles ut" ved Takeover, som skal være relevant for FFP. En slik teori gir da heller ingen mening og ville vært et smutthull som klubbene kunne utnyttet til det absurde ifbm med overtagelser. Hvis det faktisk er laget en avtale med QSI, kunne jo Radrizzani kjøpt opp spillere for 1 milliard nå, hvorfor nøye seg med 170-180 mill?

Det er en stor skare supportere der ute som ennå ikke har klart å ta inn over seg hva FFP innebærer i praktisk. Det finnes sikkert en og annen journalist også, som feks den karen som har skrevet artikkelen du har linket til..
Jon R.

Cherry

« Svar #80 på: Juli 04, 2019, 14:28:01 »
Chibicki, Sacko og Ekuban er solgt/ terminert / på vei ut døra da...
Med unntak av Saiz koster ikke resten mange £.

leedslife

« Svar #81 på: Juli 04, 2019, 14:40:01 »
Kommer nok fortsatt ikke å nå inn til enkelte tipper jeg...

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #82 på: Juli 04, 2019, 14:53:05 »
Kommer nok fortsatt ikke å nå inn til enkelte tipper jeg...

At vi må opp, nei

Jon R

« Svar #83 på: Juli 04, 2019, 15:04:39 »
Det som er synd er at det er den første sesongen til Rad som gjør at vi er i den situasjonen vi er i nå...

Alle kjøpene som ikke slo til, alle kontrakten forlengelsene som ble signet. OḰane blir jo en ny Luke Murphy fikk ny kontrakt så 5 mnd senere er han uønsket og "umulig" å bli kvitt da ingen vil ta over kontrakten hans.

Shaunnessy
Sacko
Ekuban
Saiz
O`Kane
Cibiski
Bouy
Ideguchi
Anita
De Broch

Alle hentet i den perioden eller fått kontraktforlengelse. Her er det 90k i uken i lønn som koster priften 4 millioner pund i året. I tillegg til overgangssummer og sign on fee. Dette tapet ligger på forrige sesongssregnskap og neste sesongs om vi ikke får til at noen andre overtar alle lønnsforpliktelsene deres.
Ja hadde de visst det de vet nå ja da hadde de nok ikke hentet alle disse spillerne.
Jon R.

ar9

« Svar #84 på: Juli 05, 2019, 22:32:18 »

Shaunnessy
Sacko
Ekuban
Saiz
O`Kane
Cibiski
Bouy
Ideguchi
Anita
De Broch

Ja hadde de visst det de vet nå ja da hadde de nok ikke hentet alle disse spillerne.

Kan vi ikke få lurt Barnsley til å ta 3 for 1 eller noe sånt da? At de får med to spillere til på kjøpet på overgangen til Halme eller Wilks?

Promotion 2010

« Svar #85 på: Juli 10, 2019, 16:30:28 »
Pontus Jansson says Leeds United sold him to ease FFP worries - is he right? - Leeds Live

Pontus Jansson's performances in a Leeds United shirt last season were good enough to earn him a place in the Championship team of the year, yet he is a Leeds United player no more.

A cult hero since first joining the Whites from Torino three years ago, Jansson's relationship with Marcelo Bielsa is reported to have broken down last season, leading to a move away this summer.

Hours after signing with Championship rivals Brentford for a reported initial fee of £5.5million, the Swede made the declaration that the move was driven in part by Leeds' financial fair play concerns.

"Leeds needed to sell to balance the books because of FFP and they saw that they could make some money out of me," Jansson told a Swedish newspaper.

Jansson departed for Brentford this week
Not many are this transparent when it comes to transfers.

However with that sentence, Jansson appears to be saying two linked but different things.

When it comes to FFP - or the EFL's profitability and sustainability rules, as they are now known - it's important to draw the distinction between the club's profit and loss statement and cash.

Under the profitability and sustainability rules, clubs are permitted to lose no more than £39million over three seasons.

Between the 2015/16 season and 2017/18 season, Leeds' accrued pre-tax losses were around £12.2million.

Jansson left for a reported £5.5million fee(Image: Clint Hughes/PA Wire)
This comprised an £8.9million pre-tax loss in 2015/16; a £1million pre-tax profit in 2016/17; and a £4.3million pre-tax loss in 2017/18.

With a significantly high wage bill and day-to-day running costs, Leeds' losses over this time were soaked up by profits they made on player sales, especially in 2017/18 when the club offloaded Chris Wood to Burnley.

Many clubs in the Championship count on making profits on player sales to stay within the EFL's rules.

Last season, Leeds were not able to follow suit, making only a decent profit on the sale of Ronaldo Vieira to Sampdoria.

Given that the latest three-year monitoring period will now cover the years 2017/18 to 2019/20, it could be that Leeds made another loss last season, are on course to make one this time, and are now covering the gaps.

Already, the club had sold Jack Clarke to Tottenham for £10million, and so profits on player sales should be far more substantial this season.

Then, there is actual cash to consider.

When a club sells a player, they are able to recognise the profit on his transfer even if all the cash has not been paid up front.

Take Liverpool in 2017/18 who recognised a £124million profit on player sales - almost all of it being Coutinho's move to Barcelona.

The Swede's relationship with the club reportedly broke down(Image: Alex Dodd/CameraSport)
However, there's almost no chance that Barcelona, even with all its riches, could afford to have paid the reported £130million fee to Liverpool all in one go.

The same is true in the smaller scale of the Championship.

The £18.1million profit on player sales recognised by Leeds in 2017/18, as mentioned mainly from Wood's reported £15million move to Burnley, does not mean that every penny of his transfer fee was deposited in Leeds' bank at that very moment.

Unfortunately, football is simply not a transparent enough business to confirm this, but a quick look at Leeds' latest cash flow statement provides some help.

Leeds United finances

(Image: Alex Dodd/CameraSport)

In the 12 months to 30 June 2018, the club spent £19.5million in cash on new players past and present, while only £16.9million came the other way.

Meanwhile, Leeds also had negative cash flows from day-to-day activities - i.e. being a football club, outside of buying and selling players - to the tune of £8.5million.

This meant the club required outside financing - largely an £11million share issue - to keep its cash levels sufficiently topped up.

So, it could be that Leeds actually need the cash from the Jansson deal to cover gaps elsewhere in its business, as well as the money they will save on his wages, rather than the profits on paper his sale provided on the company's income statement.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/pontus-jansson-leeds-united-ffp-16562081.amp
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #86 på: Juli 11, 2019, 16:00:37 »
Steve Turner
A key part of this article -  #LUFC

"Leeds are under no financial pressure to sell, having brought in a combined £14.5million from the sales of Jack Clarke and Pontus Jansson."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/two-more-clubs-battle-aston-17937921.amp#click=https://t.co/VDZUNROIXg

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #87 på: Juli 19, 2019, 12:15:22 »
WHY IS FFP IS IMPORTANT IN UEFA? ASK LEEDS UNITED

For the 2000-2001 season, the four semifinalists for the UEFA Champions League were perennial contenders Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, defending runners-up Valencia CF from La Liga, and an English club named Leeds United. It wasn’t well-known at the time but following failure to qualify for the Champion’s League the following two seasons (which deprived the club of the riches of Champion’s League profits which are divided among qualifying clubs) the club, which had built their contending squad with the help of incurring huge debts financially imploded at which point news of their shoddy financial management became known to all of football. The resulting internal financial chaos resulted in the term “Doing a Leeds” being added to football lexicon and saw a regular title contending club in Leeds drop to the second division after the 2003-2004 season and then for the first time in their history falling all the way down to the third division from 2007 to 2010. The story of Leeds, as well as insane debt build up by mainly English and Spanish clubs, led to the adoption of Financial Fair Play (FFP) by UEFA in the early 2010s. If FFP had been in place earlier, Leeds may not have been able to spend their way into the Champions League, but they would possibly still be in the middle of the Premiership instead of fighting it out for promotion back to the top flight.

According to the official UEFA website, FFP is designed to prevent clubs from spending more than they earn, ensure that in any given year they pay their bills on debts, and was not intended to make sure smaller clubs could compete with larger clubs which presumably have bigger wallets but the flaws of FFP are best discussed another piece. The reason that FFP matters right now is the historic Neymar transfer which UEFA must do their due diligence concerning (even if they find irregularities they will allow the move to go through). I am not suggesting that like Leeds United, Paris Saint-Germain is built on wobbly loans but given that they just more than doubled the world record transfer fee they must ask for PSG’s financial records. For their part, the French club seems to be very willing to share their records with UEFA. This will be of little consolation to Barcelona fans, bitter about losing one of their best attackers, and it will do little but frustrate fans of small teams who could only dream that their team could make a transfer ninety percent smaller than the 222 million Euro fee paid for Neymar but none of this is being done for comedy or window dressing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rushhourdaily.com/v/s/www.rushhourdaily.com/op-ed-ffp-important-uefa/%3fusqp=mq331AQCKAE%253D&amp_js_v=0.1#ampf=
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #88 på: Juli 19, 2019, 12:24:05 »
Ah, Ridsdale-æraen. Skoleeksemplet på hvordan ting ikke skal gjøres. Godt klubben blir styrt på en edruelig måte for tiden. All ære til Rad.

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #89 på: Juli 19, 2019, 21:06:42 »
Ah, Ridsdale-æraen. Skoleeksemplet på hvordan ting ikke skal gjøres. Godt klubben blir styrt på en edruelig måte for tiden. All ære til Rad.
Ingenting er som etterpåklokskap...fantastisk vitenskap....Liverpool hadde like mye gjeld på den tida, men ikke så råtne lån....selvfølgelig hodeløs satsing av Rids, men vi var et av europas beste lag. Herregud så stolte vi var!! Hadde vi fått CL plass den sesongen vi ble nummer 5, så kunne vi klart utgiftene...hvis han ikke hadde fortsatt å kjøpe hemningsløst. Problemet etter min mening var den talentløse ansettelsen av Venables. Alt ble verre med El Tel, med omtrent samme laget sesongen etter.
Ridsdale skal ha skyld for dårlig økonomistyring, men da må han vel få kred for det laget oppnådde i disse årene også..?