Skrevet av Emne: EX-Akademisjef: Neil Redfearn  (Lest 280228 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

nord

Sv: NY HEADCOACH OG Ex-caretaker-manager: NEIL REDFEARN
« Svar #330 på: Oktober 28, 2014, 16:51:56 »
Nu får vi endelig en rigtig "hvid" jul og tæt kamp om 2 pladsen i maj  ;D

Eller i det mindse en sikker Play Off placering

Vi kan alle glæde os  til Redfearn tager over ::)

Woody

« Svar #331 på: Oktober 28, 2014, 20:06:46 »

Er lov å håpe at han sit så lenge,eg skal over til blackpool kampen og er neimen ikkje sikker på om han sit så lenge ein gang :o :o
LIFE IS LEEDS

lojosang

« Svar #332 på: Oktober 28, 2014, 22:12:54 »

Er lov å håpe at han sit så lenge,eg skal over til blackpool kampen og er neimen ikkje sikker på om han sit så lenge ein gang :o :o

Vi skal vel være strålende fornøyde om Cellino ikke sparker ham før Lucia-dagen.  ::)
- Leif Olav

oivindh

« Svar #333 på: Oktober 28, 2014, 22:45:35 »

[/quoteHan får nok sparken før det, men blir så gjeninnsatt som caretaker-manager, det er jo det han bruker å være :-) Business as usual..

Hallgeir *

« Svar #334 på: Oktober 29, 2014, 19:24:39 »
Redfearn appointment up in the air.

Neil Redfearn’s planned appointment as Leeds United head coach remains up in the air tonight after a fresh round of talks with Massimo Cellino failed to force an agreement over Redfearn’s financial package.

Cellino and Redfearn are continuing to negotiate the terms of the 49-year-old’s promotion from the academy, four days after United’s owner announced that Redfearn would be installed as the club’s new first-team boss.

The Italian offered the head coach’s role to Redfearn shortly after sacking Darko Milanic on Saturday, instructing him to take training this week and promising him a permanent run in the job he held as caretaker last month.

Redfearn verbally agreed to step into the void created by Milanic’s dismissal during talks with Cellino on Monday but they have so far failed to shake hands on a contract, despite regular communication between them in the past 48 hours.

Cellino met with Redfearn again this afternoon but their latest discussions ended without a deal over Redfearn’s salary in his new post.

The club’s academy manager, who is due to handle training again at Thorp Arch tomorrow, wanted his appointment as head coach to be confirmed before Leeds play Cardiff City in Wales on Saturday and he is seeking an improved wage from Cellino.

Redfearn was unavailable for comment tonight and Cellino has also said nothing since indicating on Saturday evening that Redfearn’s appointment in place of Milanic was a formality.

Speaking to the YEP after a 2-1 defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers – the last of Milanic’s six games in charge – Cellino said: “Neil Redfearn will be head coach, 100 per cent. The job is his.

“The players know him, they respect him and they play for him.

“He plays attacking football, he plays the football we want to play. And he gets results.

“This guy (Milanic) had a losing mentality. He never played like he wanted to win.”

The end of Milanic’s 32-day reign left Leeds without a permanent head coach for the second time this season following the dismissal of David Hockaday at the end of August.

United have not won in six matches and fell to 18th in the Championship during Milanic’s short tenure.

Redfearn, who took 10 points from four games as caretaker, has been preparing for Saturday’s visit to Cardiff all week and asked Cellino to ratify his appointment in time for that fixture.

On the playing front, striker Souleymane Doukara is back in contention after serving a one-match ban against Wolves but Rodolph Austin and Billy Sharp could be absent for the second match running.

The pair have muscular injuries and both are doubtful with the squad due to travel to Wales on Friday.

YEP
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #335 på: Oktober 29, 2014, 21:23:21 »
NEWS
WARNOCK BACKS REDFEARN
Stephen Warnock says Neil Redfearn can help turn things around...

PUBLISHED 29 OCTOBER 2014 AT 09:00

591 285STEPHEN WARNOCK
United full-back Stephen Warnock has backed caretaker head coach Neil Redfearn to help turn the club’s fortunes around.

Redfearn finds himself in caretaker charge for the second time this season following the departure of Darko Milanic on the back of Saturday’s 2-1 defeat at home to Wolves.

Milanic failed to win any of his six games at the helm, although prior to his arrival from Stum Graz, Redfearn had guided United to 10 points from a possible 12.

"He’s obviously got the respect of the chairman, respect of the players," said Warnock.

"We’ve worked under him quite a few times, the lads who have been here for a longer period at the club.

"I think he’s someone that the lads enjoy working for and hopefully he can get the best out of the team and try and turn things in the right way now.

"Training was good on Monday. The thing is that the lads always put the effort in training, there’s never been that question about it.

"I think he just knows that if he tries to keep the lads happy and gets them enjoying their football again, things will go well."

Warnock admitted his frustrations at being in and out of the team in recent weeks, but the full-back insists there were no complaints as he fought to earn a way back in.

"It’s always frustrating," he said. "I felt my form was good and you go into games in and out of the team and it’s frustrating.

"You lose a bit of fitness, a little bit of sharpness, you come back in two weeks later and you try and do a job.

"But I’m not going to complain about it because that was the way the manager wanted to do it and he felt that he wanted to rotate things. I just want to play games, I’m not different to anyone else.

"I’m going to get frustrated but I’m not going to spit my dummy out like a lot of people have said I’ve done. I’ve just got to knuckle down and get on with it."

BACK TO NEWS
- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/6ph0tlfno03w195gzk1n9cjiq/title/warnock-backs-redfearn#sthash.FVjjzmQ7.dpuf
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Jon R

« Svar #336 på: Oktober 29, 2014, 23:27:11 »
Ingen som har funnet det for godt å kommentere at utnevnelsen av Redfearn som ny headcoach er lagt på vent?
Noen som tør å vedde på at Milanc ikke blir gjeninnsatt de nærmeste dagene?  ::)
Jon R.

Leedsfan

« Svar #337 på: Oktober 30, 2014, 08:22:10 »
Ingen som har funnet det for godt å kommentere at utnevnelsen av Redfearn som ny headcoach er lagt på vent?
Noen som tør å vedde på at Milanc ikke blir gjeninnsatt de nærmeste dagene?  ::)

De diskuterer, t.o.m Cellino har sagt at dealen trolig ikke blir klar før Cardiff!

Vet ikke om Redfearn har en agent, men han vet vel at han gode kort på handa. Spørsmålet er om Cellino liker at Redfearn stiller krav og dobling-tripling av lønna.

Ingen ER og ingen Redfearn i november = meltdown!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #338 på: Oktober 30, 2014, 08:49:54 »

Lurte på det samme - folk holder vel pusten  ;D

Jeg tror det er snakk om at Redders vet at det er NÃ… han er i en kjempegod forhandlingsposisjon, og vet å 'bruke dette'.
At det er lønnsbiten det står på, tviler jeg vel på. Snarere andre deler av avtalen..

Men det mååå da ordne seg! :)
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Blank_File

Sv:
« Svar #339 på: Oktober 30, 2014, 09:18:56 »
Men vil det ha nogen innvirkning på lørdagens kamp? Håper ikke det. Er solterrasse på tre poeng igjen nå! Også TV og gode greier.

Annesj

« Svar #340 på: Oktober 30, 2014, 12:36:22 »
Værste som skjer nå (å det er jaggu ikke helt utenkelig) er at Redders og Cellino ryker uklar. Syns det er et dårlig tegn at dette drøyer  ??? Da står vi uten manager. Da kalles vel ratt Milanic tilbake fra sin "gardening leave"   ::)
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

Sydhagen

« Svar #341 på: Oktober 30, 2014, 12:38:28 »
Lønnen avklart ifølge Hay
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Annesj

« Svar #342 på: Oktober 30, 2014, 12:51:06 »
Bra  :)
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #343 på: Oktober 30, 2014, 14:57:30 »

Phil Hay @PhilHayYEP     Â·  22m 22 minutes ago   
Looks happy to be back in the hotseat does Redfearn. Says he and Cellino are "very close" to a deal and hopes to confirm it before Saturday

Redfearn says he wanted assurances from Cellino this week and a suitable contract. Looks like he'll get it. #lufc

Redfearn confirmed that an agreement is in place for him to return to the academy if it doesn't work out as head coach. #lufc

Phil Hay
‏@PhilHayYEP   Redfearn doesn't think the idea of a return to the academy is unrealistic. "Things happen in football. Tbh, I'd be happy coaching the U-11s"

Phil Hay @PhilHayYEP     Â·  21m 21 minutes ago   
Redfearn doesn't think this job is a gamble with his career. Said that in talks this week Cellino spoke about stability "more than me" #lufc

Phil Hay @PhilHayYEP     Â·  34s 34 seconds ago   
Good to hear Redfearn rolling out the word 'galvanise'. It's been in a dusty cupboard since the end of the 2007-08 season.

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Blank_File

Sv:
« Svar #344 på: Oktober 30, 2014, 16:01:52 »
Så bra. Dette er virkelig en type avtale vi trenger. Håper vi kan få stabilitet ut sesongen nå.

enur

« Svar #345 på: Oktober 30, 2014, 17:13:42 »
Et annet spørsmål er hvem som ønsker å lede juniorakademiet på lånt tid.

Marching on together

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #346 på: Oktober 30, 2014, 17:28:38 »
Et annet spørsmål er hvem som ønsker å lede juniorakademiet på lånt tid.

Milanic kanskje  ;). Er jo på lønningslista

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #347 på: Oktober 30, 2014, 19:19:57 »

Thom Kirwin @Thomkirwin     Â·  5h 5 hours ago   
Once it's all agreed and signed, Redfearn has agreed a 12 month rolling contract with #lufc

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Leedsfan

« Svar #348 på: Oktober 30, 2014, 19:33:34 »
Jeg liker denne karen, det han sier og måten han sier det på.

http://www.leedsunited.com/lutv/video/1029080/filter/all/dt/80/sub/true

Går dette galt så blir jeg genuint lei meg.

Det beste for klubben er at denne karen lykkes, ser for meg at han vil gi unge spillere som fortjener det en sjanse!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #349 på: Oktober 30, 2014, 21:43:50 »
LUFC Redfearn - I came close to playing for Leeds

Neil Redfearn says he came close to signing for Leeds United as a player during his long playing career.

Redfearn made over 1000 career appearances during a playing career that lasted over 25-years and saw him play for 13 clubs in the Football League.

The 49-year-old has supported Leeds since childhood and he says he almost joined the club as a player during George Graham`s time in charge at Leeds whilst he was with Leeds Yorkshire neighbours Barnsley, who were also in the Premier League.

Speaking told his press conference ahead of the game with Cardiff City this weekend, "When I was at Barnsley, George Graham tried to sign me. They offered money and Alfe Inge Haaland but Barnsley knocked it back because they thought they were going to stay up."

Redfearn is on the verge of being named the new Leeds United manager after agreeing terms with owner Massimo Cellino and it is hoped that it will be made official before the trip to South Wales this weekend.

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=375260#ixzz3HfAnDxge
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #350 på: Oktober 30, 2014, 22:53:23 »
NEWS
POSITIVE TALKS - REDFEARN
Neil Redfearn on edging closer to becoming head coach...

PUBLISHED 30 OCTOBER 2014 AT 04:00

NEIL REDFEARN
United caretaker head coach Neil Redfearn says talks have been positive regarding him taking the job on a permanent basis.

Redfearn, who has been overseeing first-team training since the departure of Darko Milanic, has been finalising a deal following a successful spell in charge earlier this season.

The 49-year-old collected three wins and a draw from his four games at the helm prior to Milanic’s appointment at the end of September.

But six winless games later, Redfearn is back in the dug-out and is hopeful for the role on a full-time basis this time around after positive discussions with club president Massimo Cellino.

"The big thing and the important thing in the initial meeting was where he saw me in the bigger picture," said Redfearn.

"When I’ve asked him before, he’s always said he saw me as the future of the club. Was that still the case? The answer was yes and that’s good enough for me.

"I’ve taken him on his words. He’s never said any different to me before. That’s reflected in the contract if, for whatever reason, things don’t work out."

Asked about his relationship with the president, Redfearn added: "Whatever happens going forward, I understand him.

"I know how he works, he knows how I work and how I think.

"We’re honest with one another. I can see his ambition and what he’s trying to do at the football club, which is great.

"The bigger picture is starting to take shape and I want to be part of that.

"Whatever happens and whichever course it takes, I'm there for him to try and make this club work."

- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1tndukt2zxzgy1li9ibaz54fhj/title/positive-talks-redfearn?#sthash.LLbDjQe6.dpuf
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Cherry

« Svar #351 på: Oktober 31, 2014, 10:24:07 »
Lønns-issue skal være "solved" nå også.....
Akkurat DET er jo litt touchy....HVIS Redders er tilbudt mindre lønn i året enn Darko - som beiter
gress i 34 mnd til på 400000£ i året....

Lurer på hvor mange Cellino fortsatt har på lønningsliste av "feilansettelser"...

Vi er jo nettopp ferdig med siste utbetalinger til Seth Johnson, Danny Mills & Robbei Fowler... ;)

Promotion 2010

« Svar #352 på: Oktober 31, 2014, 16:32:34 »
Akkurat DET er jo litt touchy....HVIS Redders er tilbudt mindre lønn i året enn Darko - som beiter

Lurer på hvor mange Cellino fortsatt har på lønningsliste av "feilansettelser"...

Vi er jo nettopp ferdig med siste utbetalinger til Seth Johnson, Danny Mills & Robbei Fowler... ;)

22 måneder 22 måneder 22 måneder 22 måneder

>:(
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Cherry

« Svar #354 på: Oktober 31, 2014, 17:00:38 »

22 måneder 22 måneder 22 måneder 22 måneder

>:(

Mottatt & forstått!  ;)

Promotion 2010

« Svar #355 på: November 01, 2014, 10:03:53 »
Phil Hay: Neil Redfearn has fighting chance of success at Leeds United

Neil Redfearn
Published on the
01 November
00:05

Print this
Sponsored by

8 comments
Have your say!

Upload your photos or videos on this story and we'll publish the best

Solid foundation: Massimo Cellino knew little of David Hockaday and Darko Milanic when he employed them. That can’t be said of his relationship with Neil Redfearn. Phil Hay reports.

Five hours in a hotel with David Hockaday. It sounds like a programme on Living TV. Those were the circumstances in which he and Massimo Cellino made their acquaintance and sized each other up.

Cellino was no more familiar with Darko Milanic until they met in Leeds one Sunday night. He knew Milanic’s record but not the man, which begs the question of how the Slovenian entered the running for the head coach’s job at Leeds United. “A mate of Nicola Salerno’s,” is how someone at Elland Road described him, and that description fits. It was United’s sporting director, rather than Cellino, who sat with Milanic at his first press conference.

Effusive though he was at the outset, Cellino lumped on men he had no relationship with. Their character he learned about on the job. Hockaday soon looked out of his depth and unsuited to the pressure. Milanic struck Cellino as a nervous coach who nullified teams instead of annihilating them.

It was not what he wanted and not what he paid for, even though the warnings were out there. Coaches don’t survive long under Cellino. That much is true. But the reason for the death-toll cannot be so simple as an in-built taste for sacking people. Where is the pleasure in going through the employment process ad nauseam and forking out compensation every time? Cellino must find it as tiresome and wasteful as the rest of us. Neil Redfearn might have come closer to the truth when he discussed Cellino on Thursday. “He knows what he wants,” Redfearn said. Which suggests that the trick is reading his mind.

There is undeniably a limited pool of coaches in this world who could work with Cellino. Even those who think they can don’t know how they’ll fare until the job is theirs. The long list of Cagliari bosses during Cellino’s time as president of the club tells a story of its own: a spate of former Cagliari players and countless other men who jumped into bed with Cellino for the first time.

The ex-pros he held in high esteem but the owner-player dynamic is nowhere near as intense or essential as the relationship between an owner and a coach. As a whole, many of Cellino’s choices were unprepared for the heat. “Cellino understands football,” Roberto Donadoni said after his dismissal in 2011, “but at times he can be extremely cruel.” Nobody thought to warn him.

So on a personal level, Neil Redfearn is different. Different to Hockaday and Milanic and different to so many of the names – high-profile or otherwise – who fell on Cellino’s sword in Italy. Between them, he and Cellino have been close enough to know what they are getting from this partnership. Redfearn has coached the first team to Cellino’s satisfaction and seems to have found the gumption to handle his boss. It could go wrong, they might fall out, but there should not be a situation in 32 days’ time where Cellino – or Redfearn for that matter – throws up his hands, looks to the sky and shouts ‘who the f*** is this guy?’

Redfearn has been in harm’s way since Cellino’s takeover in April. Make no mistake about that. He was asked by Cellino for guidance about the first-team squad in the summer (at a time when Brian McDermott was waiting for a settlement) and he’s worked as the manager of an academy which had its expenditure and productivity closely reviewed. Amid dismissals aplenty, never once was his job under threat.

Even on Wednesday, when he and Cellino were trying to thrash out a contract and confirm his appointment as head coach, Redfearn stood his ground and made explicit demands. Cellino has a preference for incentivised deals. Hockaday drew a modest salary but stood to earn around £500,000 if Leeds won promotion under him. There are players at Thorp Arch who command typical Championship wages but benefit from hefty goal bonuses. Cellino did not intend to hike up Redfearn’s pay but Redfearn wanted a contract which reflected his new position. And in the end, he got it.

In exchange for the money and the prestige of the post, Cellino is entitled to expect something in return. It is not solely a matter of results with him. He was complimentary about a 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday last month but annoyed by the same result at Norwich, mainly because Leeds saw so little of the ball. A club like this needs standards, but standards pitched at the right level. You forget now that this season was never about promotion. Next season, Cellino promised. Yet the impulsive vibe at Elland Road makes it feel like now-or-never, which is not how even Cellino sees it. Perhaps he is wary of relegation, the one thing he cannot possibly countenance. Or perhaps he is just reactionary; a man who thinks like supporters do. Passion is easy to admire but the main players at Leeds need to occupy the middle ground. That’s where Redfearn is: a fan as a boy and head coach now.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

JacobScreek

• På juniorlaget
  • *** LEEDS UTD - the greatest team in the world***
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #356 på: November 01, 2014, 14:48:09 »
Confirmed  ;D
There's only ONE United - LEEDS UNITED!
MOT...

MOT

« Svar #357 på: November 01, 2014, 14:49:48 »
1 års kontrakt med opsjon på et år til eller å gå tilbake til akademiet

Promotion 2010

« Svar #358 på: November 01, 2014, 15:32:53 »
1 års kontrakt med opsjon på et år til eller å gå tilbake til akademiet

Lurt av både Cellino og Redfearn dette.

Da kan head coachen jobbe med fokus på ett år.

@LUFC: Redfearn has signed a 12-month rolling contract with the option of a further year or returning to the academy. #DoItForRedders #lufc

:)
« Siste redigering: November 01, 2014, 15:52:39 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Erik M

« Svar #359 på: November 01, 2014, 16:14:28 »
Hva skjedde sist gang en caretaker ble gjort permanent..??