Skrevet av Emne: Ex-Manager: Neil Warnock  (Lest 329504 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Sydhagen

Sv: Ex-Manager: Neil Warnock
« Svar #1470 på: Juni 07, 2013, 13:24:36 »
Dette med sutrekultur etc er vel det McDermott har sagt at han ikke aksepterer i det hele tatt.
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Hallgeir *

« Svar #1471 på: Juni 11, 2013, 21:36:50 »
Et siste (?) spark fra Warnock.....  ::)

Warnock challenges McDermott to give kids a chance

Former Leeds United boss Neil Warnock says his successor Brian McDermott will not give the academy lads the same chance he did.

The saviour of Leeds United, in his own words, was being interviewed by Yorkshire Radio and after being questioned about the players he had brought into the club during his time at Elland Road. Warnock got on the defensive when interviewer Thom Khirwin said his signings were not for the future of the club.

Warnock hit back, saying, "Let us have a conversation in twelve months and let us see how many players from the academy Brian McDermott plays in the first team.

"Compare it with my time at Leeds and I bet I will have given more opportunities to players from the academy than what Brian will."

Warnock gave first team debuts to Sam Byram, Chris Dawson and Dominic Poleon from the clubs academy during his time at Elland Road.

Byram proved a huge success last season, winning the clubs Player of the season and he is currently preparing for the Under-20 World Cup finals with England. The 19-year-old made 53 appearances in his first season in the Leeds first team.

Dawson made his Leeds debut in Warnock`s final game in charge against Derby County and it is so far his only appearance for the club.

Poleon made seven appearances for Warnock before spending much of the season on loan with first Bury and then Sheffield United.

McDermott will have a host of youngsters who will be pushing for a place in the side this season who have come through the successful academy system.

Ross Killock, Lewis Turner, Nathan Turner, Eric Grimes, Alex Mowatt, Luke Parkin, Lewis Walters and Charlie Clamp have all come through the academy system and will be hoping for a first team opportunity under McDermott.

Charlie Taylor and Zac Thompson, who have already tasted first team action, will also be hoping for more of a first team opportunity at Elland Road this season after spending most of last season out on loan.

During his time at Reading, McDermott gave debuts to the likes of Alex McCarthy, who had a spell on loan at Leeds, Hal Robson-Kanu, Simon Church and Michail Antonio who all came through their youth system.

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=321573#ixzz2VwE7RDR1
« Siste redigering: Juni 11, 2013, 21:40:26 av Hallgeir * »
Super Leeds since 1968

Leedsfan

« Svar #1472 på: Juni 15, 2013, 16:29:39 »
Sjekket postkassen i dag og der var den...:)

TPN som bokmerke..:)
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Sleivind

« Svar #1473 på: Juni 15, 2013, 18:31:40 »
Sjekket postkassen i dag og der var den...:)

TPN som bokmerke..:)

Du prioriterer feil. Warnock skal være bokmerke i TPN!

Odin

« Svar #1474 på: Juni 16, 2013, 13:15:49 »
Neil Warnock om sin bok i The Guardian: Small Talk
Ingen stor fan av ham som manager men tror jeg kjøper boka!
MOT!!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jun/14/neil-warnock-small-talk

Leedsfan

« Svar #1475 på: Juni 16, 2013, 13:19:39 »
Neil Warnock om sin bok i The Guardian: Small Talk
Ingen stor fan av ham som manager men tror jeg kjøper boka!
MOT!!
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jun/14/neil-warnock-small-talk

Boka er litt rotete å lese, men den gir et litt annet bilde av Warnock. Ikke overraskende at han vil sette seg selv i et godt lys. Har lest 1/3, ikke så mye om Leeds ennå!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1476 på: Desember 28, 2013, 12:59:56 »
...Warnock om året som har gått:

Like everyone else I tend to look back at the end of a year and reflect. It has been a mixed 2013 for me.

The big disappointment was not being able to get Leeds United into the play-offs, and maybe the Premier League, something I really believed we had a chance of doing 12 months ago. A cracking win in the FA Cup over a strong Tottenham side – including Gareth Bale and all – showed what the team was capable of, but the squad lacked depth and the owners decided against investing in January, which might have put us in a position to win promotion.

Leeds are the biggest club I have managed, with a fantastic fan base, and I hope they can make that step this year. I believe I left them in good shape for a push. I’d changed the playing side of the club around, got rid of a lot of dead wood and built the base. I said to Brian McDermott when he took over he had to put icing on the cake, and try and get some money to do so. So far it looks to be going well. He has changed to five at the back to accommodate Ross McCormack in his best position, a free role with no responsibilities. Ross has repaid that faith with goals. It does restrict them a little against better sides, especially at Elland Road, which may be a problem as the season develops. But if David Haigh has an opportunity to put a consortium together I’m sure he’ll be successful. David’s not just a businessman but an enthusiastic Leeds fan too, so I’m optimistic for them this season.

If they do, I expect it will be with another of my old clubs as, despite their recent wobble, Queen’s Park Rangers look as if they are going in the right direction with Harry Redknapp. I’m sure anyone finishing above them will be promoted.

On the plus side, leaving Leeds meant I have been able to spend a lot of time with the family, enjoying a very rare summer off and my first Christmas without work worries since I was a teenager. I was also able to accept an offer to work with BT Sport. Unlike some of Sky’s previous rivals, BT is very well organised and in it for the long haul. I’ve been very impressed with the professionalism and enjoyed probably being the elder statesman of the football team.

I’ve also been doing Monday and Friday mornings with Alan Brazil on talkSPORT. Once again it’s not felt like working, it has been so enjoyable. I am finding I have to watch what I am doing otherwise I may as well be in full-time football again and, while I’m available if something interesting comes up to take me to the end of the season, I don’t want a long-term commitment at this stage in my life. Having said that, I’ve had some interesting proposals which have not quite got to completion – in spite of speculation yesterday I should add that Millwall is not among them.

I’ve also had my book, The Gaffer, published, which I am very proud of and has done well. I understand a paperback may be coming out soon so hold on to those book vouchers you got for Christmas.

My own presents included a lovely Christmas jumper from Amy and one of those machines I have been after for ages which allows you to print photographs taken on a mobile phone. And just for once there were no socks or pants at all.

http://www.independe...13-9027671.html
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Carl Fisker

« Svar #1477 på: Januar 04, 2014, 08:47:23 »

Like everyone else I tend to look back at the end of a year and reflect. It has been a mixed 2013 for me.

The big disappointment was not being able to get Leeds United into the play-offs, and maybe the Premier League, something I really believed we had a chance of doing 12 months ago. A cracking win in the FA Cup over a strong Tottenham side – including Gareth Bale and all – showed what the team was capable of, but the squad lacked depth and the owners decided against investing in January, which might have put us in a position to win promotion.

Leeds are the biggest club I have managed, with a fantastic fan base, and I hope they can make that step this year. I believe I left them in good shape for a push. I’d changed the playing side of the club around, got rid of a lot of dead wood and built the base. I said to Brian McDermott when he took over he had to put icing on the cake, and try and get some money to do so. So far it looks to be going well. He has changed to five at the back to accommodate Ross McCormack in his best position, a free role with no responsibilities. Ross has repaid that faith with goals. It does restrict them a little against better sides, especially at Elland Road, which may be a problem as the season develops. But if David Haigh has an opportunity to put a consortium together I’m sure he’ll be successful. David’s not just a businessman but an enthusiastic Leeds fan too, so I’m optimistic for them this season.

If they do, I expect it will be with another of my old clubs as, despite their recent wobble, Queen’s Park Rangers look as if they are going in the right direction with Harry Redknapp. I’m sure anyone finishing above them will be promoted.

On the plus side, leaving Leeds meant I have been able to spend a lot of time with the family, enjoying a very rare summer off and my first Christmas without work worries since I was a teenager. I was also able to accept an offer to work with BT Sport. Unlike some of Sky’s previous rivals, BT is very well organised and in it for the long haul. I’ve been very impressed with the professionalism and enjoyed probably being the elder statesman of the football team.

I’ve also been doing Monday and Friday mornings with Alan Brazil on talkSPORT. Once again it’s not felt like working, it has been so enjoyable. I am finding I have to watch what I am doing otherwise I may as well be in full-time football again and, while I’m available if something interesting comes up to take me to the end of the season, I don’t want a long-term commitment at this stage in my life. Having said that, I’ve had some interesting proposals which have not quite got to completion – in spite of speculation yesterday I should add that Millwall is not among them.

I’ve also had my book, The Gaffer, published, which I am very proud of and has done well. I understand a paperback may be coming out soon so hold on to those book vouchers you got for Christmas.

My own presents included a lovely Christmas jumper from Amy and one of those machines I have been after for ages which allows you to print photographs taken on a mobile phone. And just for once there were no socks or pants at all.

Kloke ord fra en klok mann. En av de beste managere vi har hatt.

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #1478 på: Januar 04, 2014, 08:50:45 »

Javel...foran Venables liksom... ;D ;D

Gufrias

« Svar #1479 på: Januar 04, 2014, 10:08:06 »

Han er vel greit inne på topp 100
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Leedsulf

« Svar #1480 på: Januar 13, 2014, 10:55:22 »
Colin får høre det fra Jason Puncheon:

Jason Puncheon ‏@punch_jason 19m
In the wake of a bad penalty and people's opinions and banter which I accept @mattletiss7 on @talkSPORTLive this morning gets it right...

Jason Puncheon ‏@punch_jason 18m
What I won't accept is an opinion from a man who's crooked and ruining the game @talkSPORTLive NEIL WARNOCK  the man who signs players...

Jason Puncheon ‏@punch_jason 17m
Gives them extra wages n app bonus to make sure they pay him to get in the team or on the bench..

Jason Puncheon ‏@punch_jason 17m
The fact he could even talk about training is shocking he was never there...

Jason Puncheon ‏@punch_jason 15m
Everything else is banter and opinions and as a man I will live with that which is fine but I will not live with his opinion

Sleivind

« Svar #1481 på: Januar 13, 2014, 16:12:57 »
Lucy Ward skriver på twitter "The truth will out". Er det Warnock det prates om her?

Leedsfan

« Svar #1482 på: Mars 29, 2014, 08:40:11 »
Telegraph i dag:

"The news that Leeds’ players have only been paid half their wages this month shows what dire straits the club is in. I’m saddened, but not surprised. It took six months, during which I was talking to three potential buyers, before GFH Capital agreed to buy the club. They said I could bring in three players in the January 2013 window so I lined up Chris Burke of Birmingham, Derby’s Richard Keogh, and Craig Mackail-Smith of Brighton.

I was convinced if we signed them we’d win promotion, but it was soon clear the owners had no intention of keeping their promise. In addition, Luciano Becchio wanted to leave. In the end the best I could do was swap him for Steve Morison while GFH came up with Habib Habibou. He didn’t cost anything and had a half-decent record in Belgium, but he didn’t have the stamina for English football.
What I can’t understand about Leeds is why an Abramovich-type investor doesn’t buy the club – it has so much potential."

sportcarl1

« Svar #1483 på: Mars 29, 2014, 14:35:41 »
Telegraph i dag:

"The news that Leeds’ players have only been paid half their wages this month shows what dire straits the club is in. I’m saddened, but not surprised. It took six months, during which I was talking to three potential buyers, before GFH Capital agreed to buy the club. They said I could bring in three players in the January 2013 window so I lined up Chris Burke of Birmingham, Derby’s Richard Keogh, and Craig Mackail-Smith of Brighton.

I was convinced if we signed them we’d win promotion, but it was soon clear the owners had no intention of keeping their promise. In addition, Luciano Becchio wanted to leave. In the end the best I could do was swap him for Steve Morison while GFH came up with Habib Habibou. He didn’t cost anything and had a half-decent record in Belgium, but he didn’t have the stamina for English football.
What I can’t understand about Leeds is why an Abramovich-type investor doesn’t buy the club – it has so much potential."
GFH är den värsta bluffen som drabbat klubben, de kan noll fotboll, GFH som konsortium och bank har pengar, men de vill inte lägga det på klubben och just nu betalar de knappt lönerna utan det är utomstående  som fätt göra det de sista månaderna, det som warnock skriver är nog ganska signikt för managerna i denna klubben, spelarna de vill ha och lägger fram får de inte, sedan får de ta vrakgodset istället, sedan får de hundhuvudet av fansen för att de värvar dåligt, skall denna klubb fungera måste vi ha riktiga ägare

Diof

• Gjest
« Svar #1484 på: Mars 30, 2014, 19:36:24 »

Former Leeds United boss Neil Warnock says his successor Brian McDermott will not give the academy lads the same chance he did.

The saviour of Leeds United, in his own words, was being interviewed by Yorkshire Radio and after being questioned about the players he had brought into the club during his time at Elland Road. Warnock got on the defensive when interviewer Thom Khirwin said his signings were not for the future of the club.

Warnock hit back, saying, "Let us have a conversation in twelve months and let us see how many players from the academy Brian McDermott plays in the first team.

"Compare it with my time at Leeds and I bet I will have given more opportunities to players from the academy than what Brian will."

Warnock gave first team debuts to Sam Byram, Chris Dawson and Dominic Poleon from the clubs academy during his time at Elland Road.

Byram proved a huge success last season, winning the clubs Player of the season and he is currently preparing for the Under-20 World Cup finals with England. The 19-year-old made 53 appearances in his first season in the Leeds first team.

Dawson made his Leeds debut in Warnock`s final game in charge against Derby County and it is so far his only appearance for the club.

Poleon made seven appearances for Warnock before spending much of the season on loan with first Bury and then Sheffield United.

McDermott will have a host of youngsters who will be pushing for a place in the side this season who have come through the successful academy system.

Ross Killock, Lewis Turner, Nathan Turner, Eric Grimes, Alex Mowatt, Luke Parkin, Lewis Walters and Charlie Clamp have all come through the academy system and will be hoping for a first team opportunity under McDermott.

Charlie Taylor and Zac Thompson, who have already tasted first team action, will also be hoping for more of a first team opportunity at Elland Road this season after spending most of last season out on loan.

During his time at Reading, McDermott gave debuts to the likes of Alex McCarthy, who had a spell on loan at Leeds, Hal Robson-Kanu, Simon Church and Michail Antonio who all came through their youth system.

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=321573#ixzz2VwE7RDR1
Tja... Colin the Wanker fikk faktisk rett... :(

Jon R

« Svar #1485 på: Mars 30, 2014, 20:12:46 »

Tja... Colin the Wanker fikk faktisk rett... :(

Tja. Sesongen er jo ikke over. Et annet poeng er vel at BMD arvet en svært stor stall og at gjennomsnittsalderen på startellveren har gått drastisk ned denne sesongen...
Jon R.

Diof

• Gjest
« Svar #1486 på: Mars 30, 2014, 20:23:03 »
Ja, æ forsvarer ingenting... Bare stiller spørsmålstegn med BMD sine spiller valg... Mener BMD arvet utrolig mye søppel fra colin, men BMD tørr ikke engang prøve noen fra junior avdelinga... Synes d er veldi feigt for å si d litt forsiktig...

Jon R

« Svar #1487 på: Mars 30, 2014, 20:31:14 »
Ja, æ forsvarer ingenting... Bare stiller spørsmålstegn med BMD sine spiller valg... Mener BMD arvet utrolig mye søppel fra colin, men BMD tørr ikke engang prøve noen fra junior avdelinga... Synes d er veldi feigt for å si d litt forsiktig...

Mowatt....

...og Walters på benken på tirsdag...
Jon R.

Diof

• Gjest
« Svar #1488 på: Mars 30, 2014, 20:40:16 »
Walters på benken i mangel av noe annet å sette der... Satt ikke der mot Doncaster i går gjorde han vell?

LeifMorten

« Svar #1489 på: August 27, 2014, 14:20:02 »
Crystal Palace skal være klare til å signere en kontrakt som gjør Neil Warnock til klubbens nye manager.

Annesj

« Svar #1490 på: August 27, 2014, 14:33:14 »
Klart!

Crystal Palace FC ‏@CPFC  16 min
#CPFC are delighted to announce that Neil Warnock has been appointed as the club's new first team manager with immediate effect
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

Sleivind

« Svar #1491 på: August 27, 2014, 14:45:31 »
Klart!

#CPFC are delighted to announce that Neil Warnock has been appointed as the club's new first team manager with immediate effect

En meget gjennomtenkt og fremtidsrettet ansettelse av Crystal Palace.

Her tenker de virkelig at de ønsker å bygge et godt fundament for fremtiden. Warnock er jo velkjent for sitt gode arbeid med unge spillere. Lagene hans pleier jo også å spille en attraktiv form for fotball.

Nei, hadde jeg vært Palace-supporter i dag så hadde dette vært en fest!

Xern

« Svar #1492 på: August 27, 2014, 14:56:23 »
Klart!

Her tenker de virkelig at de ønsker å bygge et godt fundament for fremtiden. Warnock er jo velkjent for sitt gode arbeid med unge spillere. Lagene hans pleier jo også å spille en attraktiv form for fotball.

Føler et snev av ironi her...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

sportcarl1

« Svar #1493 på: August 27, 2014, 15:06:18 »
Klart!

liksom Lees önskar jag honom lycka till

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1494 på: August 27, 2014, 15:39:52 »
Gratulerer med opprykket, Colin. Så fikk du det endelig!   ;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Gufrias

« Svar #1495 på: August 27, 2014, 16:06:17 »
Klart!

liksom Lees önskar jag honom lycka till
Diplomatisk.

For øvrig +1
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

GeirO

« Svar #1496 på: August 27, 2014, 18:02:08 »
Og et nedrykk, høyst sannsynlig...
MOT

sportcarl1

« Svar #1497 på: August 27, 2014, 18:46:20 »
Og et nedrykk, høyst sannsynlig...
var väl inte så många år sedan han ordnade u
uppryck åt QPR, är väl nästan så man får hoppas det går dåligt för warnock, så som han har nedvärderats här, skulle det gå bra för Crystal Palace och Warnock blir det ju nästan pinsamt, tänk om det blir som med Lees dvs succé, vart skall man då leta felet?

Andersen

« Svar #1498 på: August 27, 2014, 20:08:15 »
Vi får vel se et Palace lag som pælmer ballene så høyt opp i lufta , at de kommer ned med snø på ! Typisk Warnock spill !  ;D

Eriksen55

« Svar #1499 på: August 27, 2014, 21:08:54 »
Kanskje han øser ut silly money på Tonge og Norris deadline Day....