Skrevet av Emne: EX-SPILLER: Rodolph Austin  (Lest 147478 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Andersen

Sv: SPILLER: Rodolph Austin
« Svar #390 på: Januar 10, 2015, 17:01:55 »
Austin er en sånn on /off spiller ! har han dagen er han veldig god ,! han har vel vært mest off , og skadet !

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #391 på: Januar 29, 2015, 21:27:41 »
Will losing Austin leave Leeds United without their bionic man?

By 365DaysofWhine  @365DaysofWhine  on Jan 29 2015, 7:02p

Too often Leeds have not been solid enough at the back, reliant instead on a midfield enforcer to provide some protection in the centre of the field. Last season, Rodolph Austin was the Championship's best defensive midfield player in certain categories. This season, despite some variable displays, he's really come into his own, showing pace and power with added guile. Will Leeds miss him?


In the passion of football, fans watching the game and screaming for effort and commitment from players, it is often easy lot miss the intricacies of the game itself. Focusing on the missed cross field pass by a player often clouds your judgement to the link up play before the errant pass or the tracking back and tackle to deny the opponent a clear shot on goal. As coach Tony D'Amato said in 'Any Given Sunday', "football's a game of inches" and that these 'inches' are all around, in every break of the game and in every play.

Fair dos, it was American Football but the adage still stands - we need to look at the small things a player does to really understand their worth and not focus on the supposedly massive errors that are often too obviously visible.

So, Rodolph Austin, what do we know about him? Would Leeds United really miss him should this supposed transfer away from the club go ahead? After all, we've just signed Palermo's Granddi N'Goye on loan until the end of the season and he's a similar player. First up, Austin is a beast of a unit - often unshiftable in the tackle and this shows in the stability of his tackles figures. Last season, Austin attempted around 4.5 tackles per 90 minutes and was successful with 3.6 tackles per 90 (season total 178 attempts - 141 successful tackles - 79% tackle success) and that has pretty much continued in this season's Championship campaign. So far he has been attempting around 4.2 passes per 90 minutes and has been successful with around 3.4 of these attempts (season total so far 67 attempts - 54 successful tackles - 80% tackle success). So, if N'Goye were to step into Austin's boots, then he is going to have to be a high-volume tackler with a high success rate.

Rodolph Austin also comes with a reputation as an enforcer, helping to shut down the productivity of opponents' midfield players. In that respect, Austin has a decent number of intercepted passes, more so per 90 this season than last. This season Rudy is making around 1.8 interceptions per 90 minutes (28 in total) versus a per 90 return last season of 1.1 interceptions per 90 (45 in total). In this respect, what Rodolph Austin has shown is an increased effort and efficacy in anticipating opponent ball and intercepting passes before they reach their intended target. In regard to reading the game, I don't think that Austin is given sufficient credit in getting into the right places and making effective stops and blocks; a skill that represents another important facet of his game. Austin is efficient at being in the right place, at the right time; blocking around 1.2 and 1.4 passes per 90 minutes for this season and last season respectively. Again should N'Goye or any other Leeds player wishing to step up to the mark would need to be able to cover these areas.

But, Rodolph Austin isn't simply a defensively-imposing figure hewn from obsidian; there is actually more to him than that.

Passing, something that you wouldn't expect would link up with a defensively-minded midfield player. However, it is something that Rudolph Austin does well and something that has improved since last season's Championship campaign. Last season, he had 1144 successful passes (25.3 short passes and 3.7 long ball passes) from 1472 attempts (77.70% accuracy); this season has seen him register 615 successful passes (33.8 short passes and 4.7 long ball passes) from 766 attempts (80.40% accuracy). Since last season, Austin has developed into a higher volume, more accurate passer of the ball which has been helped by his seemingly perpetual energy and drive. Again, any potential replacement would need to cover this area of Austin's play.

So, it does seem that on face-value, Leeds United fans are guilty of judging Rodolph Austin for errant passes making up 20% of his game, the one time he is caught out of position as a ball is played past him or that 1 tackle he misses in the 90 minutes he plays. I'll concede that he's a little trigger happy and hardly Mr Accurate Shooter with shots either destined screaming for the top corner or the car park behind the stands.

OK, so it's Rodolph Austin rather than Steve Austin; more likely a sub-£1 million rather than $6 million man but, even so, Leeds would be a little crazy even by our standards as a club to let him go.

Thing is, crazier stuff has happened down LS11 way.

http://throughitalltogether.sbnation.com/2015/1/29/7937667/will-losing-austin-leave-leeds-united-without-their-bionic-man
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #392 på: Januar 29, 2015, 22:29:38 »
Say no more!

Jon R

« Svar #393 på: Januar 29, 2015, 23:37:41 »
Jon R.

Runar

« Svar #394 på: Januar 30, 2015, 00:07:40 »
Hele Austin debatten er håpløs, vi har 10 sentralemidtbanespillere i troppen nå. Austin sin kontrakt går ut om 6 mnd. Det gjør at det er forståelig at han er på vei bort, til gjengjeld er han en som spiller de fleste kampene og da må vi anta at det å kvitte seg med han er en svekkelse av laget. Han er anerledes enn endel av de andre midtbanespillerne våre og i motsetning til Tonge, Norris og andre "rutinerte" spillere, er han i stand til å endre kampbilde i større grad enn de nevnte.

Dessverre for oss, fungerar han ikke slik han skal i en rolle som defensivmidtbanespiller. For dårlig til å starte angrep, angevelig for mobil til å sitte dypt. Tror at dette kunne blitt bedre som en av to slik vi spillere nå.

Jeg ville ikke kvittet meg med Austin, ihvertfall ikke til en direkte rival, men noen må ut spesielt siden vi har hentet inn enda en sentramidtbanespiller.

Jon R

« Svar #396 på: Januar 30, 2015, 01:03:29 »
Hele Austin debatten er håpløs, vi har 10 sentralemidtbanespillere i troppen nå. Austin sin kontrakt går ut om 6 mnd. Det gjør at det er forståelig at han er på vei bort, til gjengjeld er han en som spiller de fleste kampene og da må vi anta at det å kvitte seg med han er en svekkelse av laget. Han er anerledes enn endel av de andre midtbanespillerne våre og i motsetning til Tonge, Norris og andre "rutinerte" spillere, er han i stand til å endre kampbilde i større grad enn de nevnte.

Dessverre for oss, fungerar han ikke slik han skal i en rolle som defensivmidtbanespiller. For dårlig til å starte angrep, angevelig for mobil til å sitte dypt. Tror at dette kunne blitt bedre som en av to slik vi spillere nå.

Jeg ville ikke kvittet meg med Austin, ihvertfall ikke til en direkte rival, men noen må ut spesielt siden vi har hentet inn enda en sentramidtbanespiller.
Noen må ut men ikke Austin, og ihvertfall ikke til en potensiell nedrykkskandidat. Austin er ujevn men en potensiell impact spiller. Offload Norris og Tonge om mulig og send Dawson og Sloth på utlån. Da sitter vi igjen med 6 sentrale + Adryan og Montenegro som er et mer normalt antall, spesielt hvis vi skal fortsette med 5 på midten.
« Siste redigering: Januar 30, 2015, 01:06:21 av Jon R »
Jon R.

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #397 på: Januar 30, 2015, 09:06:42 »
Hvis ryktet er riktig om at Leeds får penger for Austin og at kontrakten hans går ut til sommeren. Da er det kun 2 valg som er reelle. Enten så gir de Austin ny kontrakt nå. Vil han ikke signe denne. Ja da er det bare å selge. Laget bør være sterkt nok til å beholde plassen i divisjonen, uten Austin. Da har vi ikke bruk for Austin, når han alikevel kun er her ut sesongen.
Så valget er enkelt. Selg, eller ny kontrakt

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #398 på: Januar 30, 2015, 10:44:41 »

Neil Redfearn says he has been given guarantees over Rodolph Austin's Leeds United future

Leeds United boss Neil Redfearn says he has been given guarantees Rodolph Austin is not for sale, report BBC Radio Leeds.

The Jamaican midfielder's contract expires at the end of the season, and The Mail reported this week Wigan Athletic were attempting to sign him along with defender Jason Pearce.

Austin has been in favour since the turn of the year and was particularly impressive for Leeds during the recent 1-0 win over Bournemouth.

Redfearn was very hopefuly he would be retaining the services of the midfielder, hinting he even wanted him to stay and sign a new deal.

He said: "Yeah I've been given guarantees Rudy is not for sale, if thats the case then great, because Rudy is someone I rate highly.

"He's very influential in what we're doing at this moment in time. I think he can be influential in what we can do in the future.

"He's the right type of person, the right type of temperament. He cares, he's good with the young players that are coming through. The young players, they are future, but you need the right type of pro's with them. It's a no-brainer, we've got to keep him."
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/01/29/neil-redfearn-says-he-has-been-given-guarantees-over-leeds-unite/

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #399 på: Januar 30, 2015, 11:35:00 »

Neil Redfearn says he has been given guarantees over Rodolph Austin's Leeds United future

Leeds United boss Neil Redfearn says he has been given guarantees Rodolph Austin is not for sale, report BBC Radio Leeds.

The Jamaican midfielder's contract expires at the end of the season, and The Mail reported this week Wigan Athletic were attempting to sign him along with defender Jason Pearce.

Austin has been in favour since the turn of the year and was particularly impressive for Leeds during the recent 1-0 win over Bournemouth.

Redfearn was very hopefuly he would be retaining the services of the midfielder, hinting he even wanted him to stay and sign a new deal.

He said: "Yeah I've been given guarantees Rudy is not for sale, if thats the case then great, because Rudy is someone I rate highly.

"He's very influential in what we're doing at this moment in time. I think he can be influential in what we can do in the future.

"He's the right type of person, the right type of temperament. He cares, he's good with the young players that are coming through. The young players, they are future, but you need the right type of pro's with them. It's a no-brainer, we've got to keep him."
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/01/29/neil-redfearn-says-he-has-been-given-guarantees-over-leeds-unite/

Hurra 
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Jon R

« Svar #400 på: Januar 30, 2015, 12:24:50 »
Hvis ryktet er riktig om at Leeds får penger for Austin og at kontrakten hans går ut til sommeren. Da er det kun 2 valg som er reelle. Enten så gir de Austin ny kontrakt nå. Vil han ikke signe denne. Ja da er det bare å selge. Laget bør være sterkt nok til å beholde plassen i divisjonen, uten Austin. Da har vi ikke bruk for Austin, når han alikevel kun er her ut sesongen.
Så valget er enkelt. Selg, eller ny kontrakt

Drit i de penga vi evt kan få for han. For meg er valget enkelt. Behold han ut kontraktstiden, dvs ut sesongen. Austin bør bli relativt enkelt å erstatte til sommeren, langt verre nå. Statistikken fra kampene viser et tydelig mønster:  Austin er mye involvert og mest positivt, de som mener vi ikke trenger han i nedrykkstriden tar feil. Spillere som ikke er involvert bør være de som prioriteres ut fremfor Austin.
Jon R.

Kato

« Svar #401 på: Januar 30, 2015, 13:37:15 »
Vi bør beholde han, først og fremst fordi han er en spillertype som trengs i nede i suppa, samtidig som han har litt andre kvaliteter enn mange av de øvrige midtbanespillerne.

Gufrias

« Svar #402 på: Januar 30, 2015, 17:17:30 »

Noen må ut men ikke Austin, og ihvertfall ikke til en potensiell nedrykkskandidat. Austin er ujevn men en potensiell impact spiller. Offload Norris og Tonge om mulig og send Dawson og Sloth på utlån. Da sitter vi igjen med 6 sentrale + Adryan og Montenegro som er et mer normalt antall, spesielt hvis vi skal fortsette med 5 på midten.
Zac Thompson står vel også foran Rudy i køen ved utgangsdøra.
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

AndyMathie

« Svar #403 på: Januar 30, 2015, 18:35:38 »
Synes det er godt å høre at Redfearn liker han. Da tviler jeg på at han blir solgt. Satser på at vi beholder han, men at ingen gir han en ny kontrakt. Om vi skal gi han en ny kontrakt bør det være for å prøve å få penger for han til sommeren. For han er ikke god nok om vi skal snakke opprykk fra divisjonen, til det er hans spill alt for begrenset, men når det er snakk om å krige til seg plassen i denne divisjonen så tror jeg har er gull verdt pr d.d.
We are Leeds and we are proud of it!

Leedsfan

« Svar #404 på: Februar 02, 2015, 10:40:50 »
Hvis det stemmer at vi har avslått et bud på 500k for Austin for noen dager siden så viser det jo at Cellino har mye respekt for Redfearn!

Gi Austin en ny kontrakt?
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

auren

« Svar #405 på: Februar 02, 2015, 10:43:24 »
Hvis det stemmer at vi har avslått et bud på 500k for Austin for noen dager siden så viser det jo at Cellino har mye respekt for Redfearn!

Gi Austin en ny kontrakt?

Han får vel ikke mer enn en 1 års kontrakt uansett, i og med han vipper 30 år i juni (jevnfør Cellinos uttalelser at han ikke gir lange kontrakter til folk som har passert 30 år).
Hvis målet vårt er å etablere oss i toppen av NPC fra og med neste sesong, så mener jeg ikke Austin er god nok. Skal vi kjempe i bunnen og midten av serien, så kommer han greit med.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #406 på: Februar 02, 2015, 11:14:43 »
9.59am: The first twist of the day as Sky announce that Rudy Austin has signed for Wigan.

Sakset fra YEP.....
Yeboahs vitne

sportcarl1

« Svar #407 på: Februar 02, 2015, 11:16:20 »
500 000 pund är ett bra pris och mer än vad vi gav för honom, är väl ännu en warnocksignering som försvinner, han har väl blandat och gett genom åren, ingen katastrof, vi har bra konkurrans på mittfältet

Promotion 2010

« Svar #408 på: Februar 02, 2015, 11:39:48 »
Skysports:

LEEDS DENY AUSTIN SALE

Leeds United have denied that Rodolph Austin has joined Wigan.

It had been reported that he had joined Wigan in a £500,000 deal.

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

AndyMathie

« Svar #409 på: Februar 02, 2015, 11:59:44 »
Skysports:

LEEDS DENY AUSTIN SALE

Æ finner ikke dette på skysports sine sider. Har du en link du  kan legge ved?! Håper det er korrekt at han ikke har gått til Wigan.
We are Leeds and we are proud of it!

Glenn K

« Svar #410 på: Februar 02, 2015, 12:04:51 »
Skysports:

LEEDS DENY AUSTIN SALE

Æ finner ikke dette på skysports sine sider. Har du en link du  kan legge ved?! Håper det er korrekt at han ikke har gått til Wigan.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/

Bare bla litt nedover på siden  :)

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #411 på: Februar 02, 2015, 13:10:35 »

Phil Hay @PhilHayYEP 
  ·  25s 26 seconds ago   
Rudy Austin has reported for training at Thorp Arch so he's very much an #lufc player. My understanding is that he doesn't want to go

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #412 på: Februar 02, 2015, 13:13:02 »

Phil Hay @PhilHayYEP 
  ·  25s 26 seconds ago   
Rudy Austin has reported for training at Thorp Arch so he's very much an #lufc player. My understanding is that he doesn't want to go

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #413 på: Februar 02, 2015, 13:14:24 »

Phil Hay @PhilHayYEP 
  ·  25s 26 seconds ago   

26 sekunder - den er jeg faktisk stolt av  ;D
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #414 på: Februar 02, 2015, 15:01:14 »
Veldig bra STATEMENT fra klubben:

STATEMENT: AUSTIN IS NOT FOR SALE
Rudy Austin to remain a Leeds United player…

PUBLISHED 02 FEBRUARY 2015 AT 01:00

30 790RODOLPH AUSTIN
Chairman Andrew Umbers and club can confirm that midfielder Rodolph Austin is not for sale and will remain a Leeds United player beyond Monday’s 11pm transfer deadline.

There has been significant interest in the player and media reports over the weekend and on Monday had suggested that the club had agreed a deal for Rudy to exit Leeds United, but this is not the case.

Rudy remains a vital part of Neil Redfearn’s squad and will play a major part for Leeds United in the remaining 18 Sky Bet Championship matches and beyond.

The midfielder has expressed a desire to remain at the club and help head coach Neil Redfearn make the season as successful as possible.

The club are delighted that Rudy wishes to remain part of the club and the midfielder reported to Thorp Arch and trained with his team-mates as normal on Monday morning.

- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/13k8g76epb2rn1mj2xdtta6m0q/title/statement-austin-is-not-for-sale#sthash.2k6kEGyM.dpuf
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #415 på: Februar 02, 2015, 15:10:46 »
Ny kontrakt Rudy?

Rudy remains a vital part of Neil Redfearn’s squad and will play a major part for Leeds United in the remaining 18 Sky Bet Championship matches and beyond. The midfielder has expressed a desire to remain at the club and help head coach Neil Redfearn make the season as successful as possible.

The club are delighted that Rudy wishes to remain part of the club and the midfielder reported to Thorp Arch and trained with his team-mates as normal on Monday morning.

- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/13k8g76epb2rn1mj2xdtta6m0q/title/statement-austin-is-not-for-sale#sthash.Q0y3NcCE.dpuf
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #416 på: Februar 02, 2015, 16:17:18 »
En god nyhet kan sikkert postes to ganger...  ;)
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #417 på: Februar 02, 2015, 18:23:59 »
En god nyhet kan sikkert postes to ganger...  ;)

;D ;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #418 på: Februar 02, 2015, 18:34:35 »
Bra, slik situasjonen er nå!  :)

Går han til sommeren er det greit. Hvis han blir værende, er det helt greit det og.  ;)
Jon R.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #419 på: Februar 04, 2015, 11:22:39 »
Phil Hay om Redfearn og at for han ble det å beholde Rudy det viktigste ved vinduet:

The last hours of the transfer window did not give Neil Redfearn the signing he craved – a natural winger and a left-footer ideally – but when it came to the future of Rodolph Austin, Leeds United’s head coach got his way.

There were wingers who Redfearn hoped to sign, like Millwall’s Martyn Woolford and Rotherham United’s Ben Pringle, but it was clear at an early stage of deadline day that Edgar Cani would be the only new arrival at Elland Road. More concerning was the question of who might be sold.

Earlier in the window Leeds took the decision to part company with Stephen Warnock and Jason Pearce, despite Redfearn’s reluctance to lose either of them. The only caveat in discussions was the fact that both Warnock and Pearce wanted to leave. But from Redfearn’s point of view the retention of Austin was non-negotiable, irrespective of bids for him or his contractual position.

United’s boss made his stance clear before and after Saturday’s win over Huddersfield Town, claiming Austin was “not for sale at all costs”, and between the arrival of Cani from Catania and the departures of Michael Tonge and David Norris, Austin’s situation mattered most to Redfearn on Monday. The club demonstrated as much by issuing a statement ruling out the midfielder’s departure before FIFA’s 11pm deadline.

That Austin became the focus of the final few days of the January window will surprise him as much as it surprised anyone else. At the start of last month Leeds took the view that the 29-year-old was expendable and worth cashing in on. His contract is up at the end of the season and while Austin is likely to be offered a 12-month extension in the summer, there is no offer on the table at present.

Brighton enquired about him before the window opened and Millwall – a club who, devoid of a holding midfielder, took Tonge on loan from Leeds on Monday – also expressed their interest. But Austin’s strong performance in an FA Cup defeat at Sunderland on January 3 was the tipping point for Redfearn, a game which reminded United’s head coach that he did not have many midfielders as competitive or combative.

Austin has been lodged in Redfearn’s line-up since the turn of the year and an effective figure in their valuable run of four league games without defeat. At Huddersfield on Saturday, the post-match statistics put his performance far ahead of those of Jacob Butterfield, Conor Coady and David Edgar, the cogs in Town’s midfield. “He typifies our resurgence,” Redfearn said after the final whistle.

The most serious offer for Austin came from Wigan Athletic last Wednesday, a bid of £500,000. Had Leeds been further up the Championship and less at risk of relegation, even Redfearn might have agreed that a fee of that size made financial sense for a player who is six months away from the end of his deal and will be free to leave Elland Road in July.

The club heeded Redfearn’s warnings and rejected Wigan’s offer but rumours on Sunday night that the midfielder has sealed a transfer to the DW Stadium led to anxious attempts to clarify the situation. The statement which United issued around 2pm, declaring that Austin was “not for sale”, was designed to reassure all concerned. Austin had made it clear by then that he did not want to leave.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-boss-redfearn-still-in-need-of-wide-men-1-7087875
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan