Skrevet av Emne: Ex-SPILLER: Alex Mowatt  (Lest 85602 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Ex-SPILLER: Alex Mowatt
« på: August 28, 2013, 07:36:38 »
Meget god debut av unge Mowatt:

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/cpxhipxnevx71pk12p7mdjrrv/title/redfearn-on-mowatt

LeedsTalk ‏@Leeds_Talk  3m   Alex Mowatt looking very good-took a while to get accustomed to the pace but passing it around nicely now & very confident on the ball #LUFC

:)

« Siste redigering: Januar 27, 2017, 17:35:26 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

Sv: SPILLER: Alex Mowatt
« Svar #1 på: August 28, 2013, 10:58:44 »

Alex Mowatt earned the promise of a full role in Leeds United’s first-team plans with a sparkling debut against Doncaster Rovers.

The 18-year-old shone in a resounding Capital One Cup victory to complete the breakthrough from Leeds’ academy and mark himself out as the next hot prospect at Elland Road.

“You can see what he’s got,” McDermott said after a 3-1 second-round win. “He can handle the ball, nothing fazes him and he’s one of our own. The fans will have appreciated his performance.

“There’s no doubt that he’s good enough and you’ve seen yourself here.

“He can play and it won’t faze him playing at Elland Road or in this team. I’m sure of that,

“I’ve looked at each game and thought ‘is it the right time to put him in?’ I thought about it against Chesterfield (in the League Cup’s first round) but it wasn’t right. I earmarked Doncaster instead and I knew he could handle it.

“Doncaster’s is his hometown too and he probably had 1,000 people wanting tickets. I’m delighted for him.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Sydhagen

« Svar #2 på: August 28, 2013, 11:02:43 »
Utrolig gøy at vi får 1-2 fra akademiet hvert år som gjør det bra.  :)
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #3 på: September 01, 2013, 11:10:01 »
Herlig artikkel om Mowatt - og 'utdanningssystemet' på Thorpe Arch, i YEP :)

Leeds United: Midfielder Mowatt’s ready to stake claim

Alex Mowatt is the latest graduate of United’s academy to get the club and fans excited about his potential. Phil Hay reports.

The youth development centre in Doncaster is one of Leeds United’s strongest. It was there that Danny Rose began to turn heads and there that Leeds first engaged a five-year-old by the name of Alex Mowatt.

Mowatt’s senior debut on Tuesday night was 13 years in the making and the tip of a large iceberg. They estimate that his association with United has involved over 250 appearances in different age categories and more coaching hours than Leeds’ academy staff can quantify. This is club recruitment in the modern age- a process which begins almost as soon as boys learn to walk.

Mowatt’s story is typical of so many of the teenagers around him at Thorp Arch. He was playing with Bentley Pumas, a junior club in Doncaster, when Leeds took him on. United run numerous development centres and coach a shadow squad on Friday evenings, the last stop before their academy. Players in the shadow squad turn out for their local teams over the weekend but are all on the verge of six-week trial during which time Leeds decide whether to bring them in-house.

The club signed Mowatt at the age of nine during the 2003-04 season. The date says much about the patience of academy systems and creates a certain irony – that Leeds should create a prospect for 2013 and beyond in a season when they and their senior squad were in untold trouble. Quietly and off the radar, the youth-team ranks at Thorp Arch worked on.

Mowatt’s debut for Leeds – a wonderfully proficient performance in their League Cup win over Doncaster Rovers – was seen as an inevitability by the time it came; “nailed-on” as one coach put it.

At the beginning of last season United’s development-squad manager, Neil Redfearn, and Under-18s boss Richard Naylor named Mowatt as captain for that age group. The aim was to bring a youngster described as driven, stubborn and fairly quiet out of himself; to instil in Mowatt more maturity and authority.

Leeds’ Under-18s won their league at a canter with him in the thick of the team until an ankle injury claimed him towards the end of the term. He was the stand-out player in an FA Youth Cup tie at Liverpool in February and regularly appeared in Redfearn’s Under-21 line-up. It was with the Under-21s that Mowatt sold himself to first-team manager Brian McDermott last month, pulling the strings from the centre of midfield in a friendly against Shelbourne. McDermott arrived back at Thorp Arch with much to say about the 18-year-old’s talent.

For a while there had been some doubt about when Mowatt’s injured ankle would allow him to play again. He underwent repeated scans while Leeds worked out the root cause of the pain but was cut loose on the training ground in time to negate the effect of many inactive weeks. Having signed a two-year professional contact in March, it was not in his interests to lose most of his summer as his contemporary, Chris Dawson, did.

Emerging footballers have a habit of changing positions over time and finding new niches as their body shapes change. Mowatt has always been a midfielder and was one of several first-team scholars who beneF***ed from the perceived ignominy of playing below his age group. It is a strategy used regularly by Leeds, allowing raw Under-18s to play more freely at Under-16 level. Byram was told to take that step; so too Fabian Delph and Jonathan Howson. The list is so long and distinguished that United no longer need to explain their rationale.

Mowatt is known among the senior players as wonder-boy and has the nickname ‘MC’ among his peers (he was, according to those who know about these things, a dab hand in rap competitions). As part of United’s scholarship he recently earned a BTEC in sports science, the equivalent of two A-Levels. Academies in the main are aware of the need to provide exit-routes for those who fall short in professional football and require alternative employment. Mowatt might not have that problem.

There is, already, an element of superstition about him. For several years his mother and father were unofficially banned from watching him. It was the midfielder’s view that his performances suffered with his parents looking on. Employees at Thorp Arch do their best to keep them in the loop and provide tickets on the quiet.

They were in Doncaster, Mowatt’s home town, on Tuesday to see his nerveless display of passing and moving and the deep cross which created Leeds’ first goal. Appraisals of him afterwards ranged from “immense” to “amazing”. The significance of his debut was that it asked more of him than a 10-minute runaround; starting against a Championship club forced Mowatt to sink or swim.

The months ahead will be an education in more ways than one. Prior to their second-round tie at the Keepmoat Stadium, United’s squad met at a hotel in South Yorkshire for their pre-match instructions. Unfamiliar with the routine, Mowatt travelled instead from Doncaster to Thorp Arch, only to realise that the rendezvous point had been on his doorstep. But the senior circle has welcomed him with open arms. The players around Mowatt on Tuesday night sent him home with pats on the back and a signed shirt.

The interest in his appearance was such that members of Leeds’ development squad paid for tickets at the Keepmoat. Simon Lenighan, Luke Parkin and others made sure they were there. Goalkeeper Alex Cairns – another Doncaster native – sat on his hands in the home end while Leeds fought through to a third-round game at Newcastle United. That is the beauty of a debut like Mowatt’s – the envy and ambition it provokes on the fields of Thorp Arch. You have not seen the last of him, or the half of him.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-midfielder-mowatt-s-ready-to-stake-claim-1-6001978
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #4 på: September 06, 2013, 16:47:23 »
Leeds United: Midfielder Mowatt’s taking Whites success in his stride
by Phil Hay

Published on the06  September  2013    08:46

Academy players at Leeds United know they’ve broken the glass ceiling when their Twitter followers go through the roof. Alex Mowatt is close to hitting 10,000, a figure beneath most of his elders at Elland Road but a sign of the times nonetheless.

Leeds take an interest in more pertinent signs of Mowatt’s growth – his debut against Doncaster Rovers, for example, and the deft free-kick he converted in a development league win over Derby on Monday. That goal saw him labelled the “outstanding player on the pitch.”

This has been one of those months for the 18-year-old; a period in which he can do no wrong.

Certain youngsters scratch the surface at Leeds and disappear just as quickly but after excelling on his first senior outing at Doncaster last week, Mowatt was named in the initial squad for Saturday’s Championship defeat to Queens Park Rangers and omitted latterly from the final group of 18. United are keeping him close, and understandably so.

“It’s been a good week for me,” Mowatt told the YEP. “Making my debut with the first team was a great experience, and against my hometown club as well. I was a bit nervous but the lads were supportive. It’s all good – and my Twitter followers have gone up too!

“I found out I was playing the day before. We did some work on the team shape and I was in the team. That’s when I knew I’d be involved at Doncaster.

“On the night I thought I did pretty well. The gaffer took me off towards the end which was probably the right thing to do because I was blowing a bit. But I played all right.”

He has already learned the art of under-statements. His 74-minute appearance in Leeds’ League Cup win at the Keepmoat Stadium earned him much attention, not least from Brian McDermott.

United’s manager sang his praises afterwards and evidently toyed with the idea of involving Mowatt to some extent against QPR, the Championship leaders.

“I was in the squad for that game but didn’t make the bench,” Mowatt said. “As long as I’m in or around it, that’s good enough for me.”

It’s good enough for the simple reason that Mowatt has held a professional deal at Elland Road for less than six months. He was also injured for much of that time and had no more immediate ambition this season than getting a grip of his fitness.

McDermott was aware of him, however, and gave Mowatt two prime opportunities to impress – one in a development squad friendly at Shelbourne and the second in match at Colwyn Bay on a night when Mowatt scored another classy free-kick.

David Norris, United’s experienced central midfielder, was originally due to play at Colwyn Bay but Mowatt took to the field in place of him and caught McDermott’s eye immediately. He was promptly named on the bench for Leeds’ Capital One Cup first-round tie against Chesterfield. “I just wanted to play games this season, whether it was with the 21s or whatever,” Mowatt said. “I was injured for a while last season so I only really thought about playing again.

“I didn’t know all this was coming but when Chuck (David Norris) came out of the squad against Colwyn Bay, I got my chance. The gaffer told me I was going to play and I did well in that game. I’ve been training with the first team ever since.

“I’m playing well at the minute and all I’m thinking about is training hard. It seems that if I do well then I’ll get another chance.”
McDermott has spread that message around Thorp Arch. He is a coach who integrates himself with the academy and regularly attends games. He was present at Monday’s Under-21 match against Derby, despite the transfer window closing that night.

“We all know that if you’re playing well the gaffer will give you a chance,” Mowatt said. “It’s a lot different to how it was before.

“He comes to the games and watches us as much as he can. If you’re playing well then you might get to train under him and if you do well there then you’ll get a chance. It’s what we all want.”
http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-midfielder-mowatt-s-taking-whites-success-in-his-stride-1-6021834
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Bites Yer Legs

« Svar #5 på: September 26, 2013, 11:23:06 »
Hva er dommen fra i går? Jeg fikk bare sett siste 10 minuttene, men de inkluderte en lyserød takling på Gosling som viste at gutten ikke er redd for å ta seg for!
KEEP FIGHTING!!

Barba

« Svar #6 på: September 26, 2013, 11:34:54 »
Jeg syns han til tider er god. Varierte litt under kampen, men viser ro og gode vurderinger med en modenhet i spillet som lover godt. Spilte lurt. Og taklinga rett før slutt var mer enn lyserød. Heldig der, men begynte vel å bli sliten og frustrert da Newcastle kunne konsentrere seg om å holde på ballen og det ble mye jaging etter ball etter 2-0. lover godt, og Byram ( om vi glemmer hodeløs offensiv satsing i forkant av 1-0 målet) ser ut til å være på gang igjen.

Barba
Barba - MOT

Dennis

« Svar #7 på: Oktober 06, 2013, 11:11:09 »
Alex Mowatt var vår minst dårlige mot Millwall og etter hva jeg kan lese/hørte på radioen også vår beste mot B'mouth og minst dårlige mot Derby.

Det lover selvsagt godt for klubben at akademiet fortsatt produserer spillere a la Delph, Howson og Byram, som kan gå inn og ta nivået raskt.

Likevel, jeg syns det bekymrer at våre yngste spillere må gå inn og dra lasset.

Hvor er lederne?
Marching on together!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #8 på: Desember 04, 2013, 19:25:54 »
Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY  18m 
#lufc Me & @garethjones25 have just seen David Haigh shaking hands with Alex Mowatt in front of cameras near the tunnel.

- skal vi tippe 4-års-kontrakt? :)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Leedsfan

« Svar #9 på: Desember 04, 2013, 19:44:30 »
Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY  18m 
#lufc Me & @garethjones25 have just seen David Haigh shaking hands with Alex Mowatt in front of cameras near the tunnel.

- skal vi tippe 4-års-kontrakt? :)

3 1/2 tror jeg..:)
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

auren

"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Cbas10an

« Svar #11 på: Desember 05, 2013, 13:04:01 »
Godt å høre, men var det dette David Haigh snakket om i dag tidlig blir jeg litt "skuffa"..
MOT

Joachim

Bites Yer Legs

« Svar #12 på: Desember 05, 2013, 13:45:38 »
KEEP FIGHTING!!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #13 på: Desember 05, 2013, 16:54:18 »
Godt å høre, men var det dette David Haigh snakket om i dag tidlig blir jeg litt "skuffa"..

Hva sa'n da?
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Leedsfan

« Svar #14 på: Desember 05, 2013, 17:18:26 »

Hva sa'n da?

Good news Twitter-melding..

Dette er godt nok for meg.. Synes vi er bortskjemte med gode nyheter om dagen, men vi fortjener det vel??
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Leedsfan

« Svar #16 på: Desember 18, 2013, 17:49:40 »
Fra ChampionshipNorge:

"At det kommer opp unge og lovende spillere fra ungdomsavdelingen til Leeds United er ikke noe nytt. Likevel er det like kjekt hver gang å se nye ukjente fjes plutselig ta ligaen med storm, og det er nettopp det som har skjedd med Alex Mowatt. Den unge midtbanespilleren er født og oppvokst i Doncaster, men spiller altså for lokalrival Leeds United. Han startet sin fotballkarriere hos Bentley Pumas i Doncaster, men allerede som niåring gikk turen til storklubben Leeds United. Der gikk han gradene før han virkelig imponerte for U18-laget til Leeds forrige sesong. Der var han nemlig kaptein da Richard Naylors gutter vant ligaen forrige sesong. Etter flotte prestasjoner på både ungdomslaget og U21-laget til Leeds, fortsatte Mowatt å imponere under sommerens sesongoppkjøring med førstelaget. Han satt på benken da de slo Chesterfield i ligacupens første runde, og fikk sin førstelagsdebut da han startet mot Doncaster Rovers i neste runde av ligacupen. Han imponerte såpass i den kampen, at han fikk fornyet tillit da de tok turen til Newcastle i ligacupens tredje runde. Nok en gang imponerte han Brian McDermot med en flott prestasjon, og dermed ventet ligadebut borte mot Millwall et par dager senere. I likhet med resten av Leeds, fikk han det ikke helt til i den kampen, men siden den gang har det gått veldig bra. Han leverer så og si alltid gode kamper, og har allerede rukket å legge opp til fire scoringer på elleve kamper. Mowatt har en flott pasningsfot, bra overblikk og god teknikk. Han utviser en god ro når han har ballen i føttene, og har det som trengs for å slå den perfekte pasningen. Med sin gode venstrefot kan han også være en stor trussel på offensive dødballer. Det som er sikkert, er at vi kommer til å høre mye om Alex Mowatt fremover. De som ikke har sett han i aksjon enda kan glede seg til boxing day. Da vises nemlig Blackpool – Leeds United på TV."

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Cherry

« Svar #18 på: April 29, 2014, 12:39:08 »
...denne la jeg ikke merke til- Mowatt ute med trolig alvorlig kneskade!

Leeds claimed a deserved 3-1 win at Birmingham, though the result was overshadowed by a potentially serious knee injury suffered by midfielder Alex Mowatt.

Mowatt was stretchered off in injury-time and McDermott said: “It’s difficult to analyse that straight after a game. He heard something in his knee.”

...ikke bra!

Sydhagen

« Svar #19 på: April 29, 2014, 12:42:17 »

Leeds claimed a deserved 3-1 win at Birmingham, though the result was overshadowed by a potentially serious knee injury suffered by midfielder Alex Mowatt.

Mowatt was stretchered off in injury-time and McDermott said: “It’s difficult to analyse that straight after a game. He heard something in his knee.”

...ikke bra!

Satser på at han er tilbake til pre-season.
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Tom S

« Svar #20 på: April 29, 2014, 15:26:41 »

...ikke bra!

Satser på at han er tilbake til pre-season.

Ja, det er viktig!
Ser korleis Byram sliter med å finne gammel god form etter han mistet preseason før denne sesongen.
COME ON LEEDS !!

RoarG

« Svar #21 på: April 29, 2014, 15:48:48 »
Uff, enda et talent som får ødelagt karrieren etter skade?
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Erik_

« Svar #22 på: April 29, 2014, 16:32:19 »
Via Twitter.

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP  · 2m 
Good news about Alex Mowatt - his knee injury isn't serious and he won't need surgery. #lufc

Gufrias

« Svar #23 på: April 29, 2014, 17:14:23 »
Gledelig
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Promotion 2010

« Svar #24 på: April 29, 2014, 17:52:45 »
Via Twitter.

Good news about Alex Mowatt - his knee injury isn't serious and he won't need surgery. #lufc

Gode nyheter. Håper i tillegg at Byram får ut sitt potensiale neste sesong! Kan bli et godt par å ha i stallen.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Xern

« Svar #25 på: April 29, 2014, 22:44:43 »
Veldig viktig. Få ting som ødelegger mer for en fotballspiller i den alderen der enn å måtte gå igjennom en kneoperasjon.
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Woody

« Svar #26 på: April 30, 2014, 12:04:05 »
Via Twitter.

Gledeleg ja,om det ikkje går 2 mnd for så å finne ut at det må ein operasjon til likevel...har vel hatt nokon av dei
LIFE IS LEEDS

Promotion 2010

« Svar #27 på: Juli 17, 2014, 14:35:41 »
Phil Hay
Mowatt likely to start full training after injury next week. Won't be involved at Guiseley. #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #28 på: Juli 28, 2014, 13:57:24 »
Dette høydepunktet får vi ta med her også:

NEWS
MOWATT STARS AS U21S DRAW
United midfielder returns to action with Under-21s…

PUBLISHED 28 JULY 2014 AT 09:00

0 0ALEX MOWATT
United’s Under-21s continued their pre-season schedule with a 0-0 draw with Fleetwood Town’s Under-21s at Thorp Arch on Saturday.

The match saw the return to action of Alex Mowatt and Academy manager and head of coaching Neil Redfearn said that the youngster was outstanding.

Mowatt, who has missed United’s pre-season campaign so far started the game and managed 60-minutes in his comeback from injury.

United dominated the early stages of the match but the visitors got on top of proceedings and United had to defend well to keep Fleetwood at bay.

Neil Redfearn said: “We played well in the first half and dominated possession without looking like scoring.

“In the second half they began to get on top and our lads at the back had to defend well to stop them.

“Alex Mowatt was the stand-out player in the game as he came back from injury."

United: Grimes, Booker (Swann), Coker, Killock, Denton (Skelton), Philips, Purver, Mowatt (Crouz), Lyman, Parkin (Stokes), Poleon.

- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/p3qcbuc43g8d1demf0dly7bad/title/mowatt-stars-as-u21s-draw?#sthash.KGWhz4QF.dpuf
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #29 på: Juli 28, 2014, 13:58:55 »
Lucy Ward
Impressive comeback 60 mins from @alex_mowatt in the U21 game today.. Have a lovely evening ironing x

Min første Leeds-kamp: