Skrevet av Emne: Ex-Storaksjonær: Massimo Cellino 5/4-14  (Lest 1424826 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 3 gjester leser dette emnet.

Annesj

Sv: THE UNWANTED ONE: Massimo Cellino 5/4-14
« Svar #3060 på: Desember 05, 2014, 08:52:39 »
Signed  :)
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

Sterland

Torpe-do

« Svar #3062 på: Desember 05, 2014, 10:46:04 »
Signert!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3064 på: Desember 06, 2014, 10:38:48 »
Leeds United: Time for the League to show their hand - Hay

Massimo Cellino
Updated on the
06 December
09:14
Published 06/12/2014 00:00

It is one thing for the Football League to want Massimo Cellino out, but do they know of any viable alternatives to the Italian for United?

The Football League’s presumption is that Leeds United have a choice. If it’s not Massimo Cellino it’ll be somebody else. Because the world is queuing up to buy the club and sink a fortune into the ground.

Perhaps the Football League is right. You don’t have to look far or dig hard for whispers of takeover bids in the offing. Cellino says Leeds are not for sale and that decision is still his to make but his attitude won’t discourage attempts to test the water. He can only control one side of the fence.

Should an appeal against his Football League disqualification fail and a ban come into force – albeit until March – then the window for offers will open. That is surely what the Football League wants: to create an environment where an owner it has opposed from the get-go looks vulnerable, approachable or even persuadable. The League is attempting to wear Cellino down with small, persistent cuts. Whether you think the Italian deserves his medicine depends on your point of view. To the wider world he is a businessman with a past conviction for fraud and an unspent conviction for tax evasion. In Leeds, the picture of him is more nuanced.

He has his shortcomings, evidently, and an unmanageable personality but there is no denying that the club have been grateful for his money. He is investing it in a way where the only hope of a profit would be to sell quickly at a high price or sit tight for years. As one financial analyst said this week, if Cellino’s ownership is a scam then he’s come to the wrong place. Leeds are a club where owners make losses. The annual loss before his buy-out seemingly ran to £20m.

At no stage since Monday has the Football League specifically instructed Cellino to sell the 75 per cent shareholding owned by Eleonora Sport Limited. He has been told to resign from United’s board, to take himself away from Elland Road and to refrain from acting as a “relevant person” until his ban ends in March. It’s a temporary suspension by any other name but a loaded one. If Cellino reads between the lines, he will see the League warning him to expect more of the same treatment and asking him how much interference he can take.

The governing body knows that Cellino can and might well resume control of Leeds in less than four months’ time. The conviction he received in the ‘Nelie’ yacht case is spent after a year and of no relevance once March 18 comes but the League is keenly aware that Cellino has other court cases pending in Italy. He is accused of evading tax on a second yacht, Lucky 23, and of failing to pay import duty owed on a Range Rover. They are similar offences, carrying similar penalties and threatening similar Football League bans. Cellino faces altogether more serious allegations of embezzlement relating to a stadium built while he was in control of Cagliari. It is not so much this ownership ban that the Football League expects to force to Cellino out but the threat that suspensions might occur again and again. One look at the bigger picture and Cellino must wonder whether he’ll ever be left alone. It’s a basic matter now of whether he can stand the heat and for how long. There’s a difference in priorities between the Football League and those with the greatest interest in Leeds. The Football League wants to determine whether Cellino has breached its rules. United’s supporters want to know whether or not he’s good for the club. It sounds like the same thing, and to some it might be, but get the football right and nobody wants to talk about an owner’s history. It’s by the by, someone else’s concern. Chelsea taught us that.

The Football League has a problem insofar as it is attacking a club who historically have no time for it. Its past governance of United’s ownership structure does not inspire confidence.

It tolerated a situation where Ken Bates and Shaun Harvey, the League’s reigning chief executive, denied all knowledge of the identities of United’s owner – FSF Limited – but succeeded in arranging a swift takeover by Bates as soon as demands for disclosure arrived. The League also approved the takeover by Gulf Finance House in 2012, even though GFH were in it for a quick profit and put the club up for sale from the off. The losses amassed during GFH’s 16 months in charge were huge and Leeds will break the League’s own Financial Fair Play rules this month.

A cynic would say that over time the governing body has squandered the right to tell the club what’s best for them.

As for Cellino’s suitability for Leeds, I’m still to be convinced. That scepticism isn’t about finance or even about football. How much money he actually possesses is impossible to quantify but he’s clearly a wealthy man. He knows the sport too. He can spot a player and he errs on the side of too many transfers over too few. As a whole, his signings are at the right end of the age spectrum, with scope to improve or appreciate in value. And there’s an identity about the current team, something which hasn’t been true since 2011.

With Cellino, the niggle is caused by his character: the moments of irrationality, the ruthlessness, the short temper and the habit of saying one thing before doing another. You have to be blindly faithful not to gather it all together and ask if this can really work. But there is no definitive answer yet. Not after eight months. It’s too short a timeframe for anyone to decide whether Cellino has Leeds or England sussed.

There are other avenues for the Football League to follow. Rather than chasing the ‘Nelie’ case endlessly and at great expense, it could call Cellino’s bluff and take up his invitation to monitor the books at Elland Road. Assuming, of course, that priority here is the club, not the man. But the League knows how it feels. It wants to see removal vans outside Cellino’s house. Maybe the organisation thinks it is doing Leeds a favour but it won’t be here to pick up the pieces.

It never is. And so, once again, the question – what is the alternative and who says it is better? We deserve to be told.

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3065 på: Desember 06, 2014, 13:34:42 »
MORSOMT.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/article-2861563/Clarifications-corrections.html

Clarifications and corrections 

Articles last month suggested that Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino was in talks to sell the club to Red Bull. This was incorrect. Mr. Cellino has never held discussions with anyone authorised to act on behalf of Red Bull. We are happy to clarify the position and apologise for any misunderstanding. 

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3066 på: Desember 11, 2014, 10:32:46 »
Adam Pope
@APOPEY: #lufc The club is expected to lodge its appeal to the Football League by Monday against Massimo Cellino's Disqualifying Condition.

@APOPEY: #lufc The Football League are not willing to comment on what action it could or would take against Cellino if his appeal fails.

@APOPEY: #lufc A spokesperson on what power the FL has to force Cellino to sell the club: " I'm not willing to comment on hypothetical scenarios...."

@APOPEY: #lufc A FL spokesperson continued:"However, our overriding objective will always be to ensure League regulations are being complied with."

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3067 på: Desember 11, 2014, 10:39:54 »
Leeds United: I’ll be standing down – Cellino

Massimo Cellino has told Leeds United’s board that he will comply with a Football League directive ordering him to quit as a director within 28 days to prevent the club from incurring sanctions during his appeal against disqualification.

United’s Italian owner is preparing to challenge a Football League ruling which banned him from running the club until March of next year and plans to submit an appeal in the coming days but he admitted last night that he would relinquish his seat on the board in the meantime amid the risk of further punishment.

Cellino was disqualified by the League on December 1 after the governing body announced that he was in breach of its Owners and Directors Test due to a tax conviction imposed on him by an Italian court in March.

The ban runs to March 18, 2015 – the date on which his conviction is spent under UK law – but the 58-year-old will fight the ruling, arguing that Italy’s judicial system considers him innocent until his tax case passes through two stages of appeal.

Cellino was given 14 days to submit a formal challenge to his Football League ban but the organisation also ordered him to resign as a United director within 28 days – two weeks on Monday – regardless of whether an appeal was pending.

Cellino’s representatives are believed to have asked the League for delay his disqualification until the matter is settled but Cellino said he had informed United’s other directors of his intention to quit during a board meeting at Elland Road on Tuesday.

Failure to comply with the League’s instructions could lead to a range of penalties against Cellino and the club.

Cellino said: “I’m prepared to resign if it’s what I have to do. I said to the other directors that I don’t want to bring any problems on the club so if I have to resign in 28 days and then wait to finish my appeal, I will.

“I’m fighting this and we think we will win so after the appeal I will be back. But I don’t want to give the League a reason to punish the club. So if I have to go then I’ll go.”

In its announcement banning Cellino, the League said it would attempt to ensure that his appeal was heard inside the 28-day window but receipt of his challenge on Monday would leave just a fortnight for the Professional Conduct Committee to rule on his disqualification.

Cellino is United’s president and the main representative of Eleonora Sport Limited, the company which bought Leeds from Gulf Finance House in April. It is not clear who responsibility for day-to-day operations at Elland Road would pass to in his absence.

Tuesday’s board meeting was attended by GFH representatives Jinesh Patel and Salem Patel – both of whom are directors of Leeds – following the recent agreement reached between the bank and Cellino.

The board was due to ratify a £23.5m cash injection and a restructuring of United’s debt on Tuesday but neither GFH nor Cellino has confirmed whether the deal was signed off as planned.

The YEP understands that the investment could be suspended until the outcome of Cellino’s appeal is known
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3068 på: Desember 11, 2014, 10:41:50 »
Hva hvis Cellino nå soner dommen i FL og blir kjent skyldig om noen år i den tredje - og endelige - rettssaken i Italia.

Må han sone igjen?   ;D

Ifølge italiensk lov er han pr d.d. Ikke skyldig - ennå!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Blank_File

« Svar #3069 på: Desember 11, 2014, 15:30:45 »
Det er så stupid hele dette opplegget at det er ikke til å tro. Ingen i Bergen får meg til å tro at dette er noe FL gjør for "det beste for Leeds".

sportcarl1

« Svar #3070 på: Desember 11, 2014, 19:17:38 »
Farnan kanske lobbyar Harvey och FL,

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3071 på: Desember 15, 2014, 20:25:53 »
Adam Pope

@APOPEY: #lufc I too have now had confirmation that the appeal against Cellino's Disqualifying Condition was submitted to the Football League today.

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3072 på: Desember 23, 2014, 15:10:13 »
Massimo får utsettelse på utestengelsen:

@PhilHayYEP: Hearing today that the Football League will delay Massimo Cellino's disqualification as Leeds United owner until after his appeal is decided

@PhilHayYEP: Cellino was initially told by the League to step down by December 29 (this Monday coming). Appeal likely to be heard in mid-January. #lufc

Da kan han bli utesteng i TO hele måneder.....   ;D

For en vits!  Hva hvis han blir dømt i Italia etter runde tre i italiensk rett? Blir han da utestengt påny, eller er straffen sonet. FL må være de største klønene i engelsk fotballspiller historie.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3073 på: Desember 23, 2014, 15:13:36 »
The Football League and the legal representatives of Leeds United President, Massimo Cellino, have agreed the process and date of Mr. Cellino’s appeal against the decision by The Football League Board that he is subject to a disqualifying condition under its Owners’ and Directors’ Test.

The matter will be heard by a Professional Conduct Committee (PCC) chaired by Tim Kerr QC on January 15.

The original decision required Mr. Cellino to resign as a director of Leeds United and cease acting as a ‘relevant person’ in line with Football League regulations by December 29. The League has agreed to defer that deadline until two days after the handing down of the final decision of the PCC. As a consequence, the parties have agreed that if Mr Cellino is unsuccessful in his appeal, any disqualification period will be extended by an amount equivalent to the length of time between December 29 and the deferred deadline.

The parties have agreed to make no further comment prior to the hearing of the PCC on January 15.

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2014/massimo-cellino-appeal-2161554.aspx#imDrBlujS3FdKhfY.99
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3074 på: Desember 23, 2014, 15:15:17 »
@PhilHayYEP: Leeds confirm Cellino appeal will take place on Jan 15. Tim Kerr QC heads the PCC panel again. Cellino ban delayed until verdict is given

Tim Kerr gikk imot FL og frikjente Cellino sist. Er vel ikke mye nytt i saken nå.   ::)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

baste

« Svar #3075 på: Desember 23, 2014, 19:09:15 »

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3076 på: Desember 23, 2014, 20:00:35 »
@PhilHayYEP: Will try to confirm the make up of the PCC panel. This time Leeds wanted a three-man panel  - 2 FL directors + a QC (Tim Kerr).

@PhilHayYEP: Cellino appeal should be heard in a single day. Verdict will likely take a couple of weeks to come back. #lufc

@PhilHayYEP: FL directors on PCC can't have connections to other clubs or Cellino. Explained at the end of Saturday's column:
http://t.co/SQvzcJKRUs

@david_conn: Tim Kerr QC to hear Massimo Cellino appeal; he allowed Cellino in, but said he'd be barred if judgment said dishonest http://t.co/yLGaAssVER

::)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3077 på: Desember 25, 2014, 00:38:12 »
Zola har blitt linket til oss, men er etter sigende ikke på talefot med Cellino. Idag gikk han til Cagliari....!   :o

http://www.aftenposten.no/100Sport/fotball/italia/Gianfranco-Zola-overtar-Cagliari-481847_1.snd

Visste ikke helt hvor denne skulle.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3078 på: Desember 26, 2014, 17:40:16 »
Hva gjør denne forbanna klovnen med klubben vår!   :o
Min første Leeds-kamp:

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #3079 på: Desember 26, 2014, 17:45:33 »
Rolig nå. Med GFH som eiere hadde vi vært konk og hatt 15 minuspoeng.

auren

« Svar #3080 på: Desember 26, 2014, 17:45:47 »

Honeymoonen over?

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Erik M

« Svar #3081 på: Desember 27, 2014, 15:58:16 »
Hva gjør denne forbanna klovnen med klubben vår!   :o

Som forventet...
« Siste redigering: Desember 28, 2014, 15:14:21 av Erik M »

Leedsfan

« Svar #3082 på: Desember 27, 2014, 16:05:11 »

Såpass??

Vi gjør dumme feil i forsvar og vi klarer ikke å putte ballen i mål. Det blir det få poeng av, men det gir jo litt håp!

Cellino har gjort flere dumme ting, mem Hockaday og Milanic var utrolig ødeleggende.

Spillerne han har hentet har jeg ikke gitt opp ennå!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Eriksen55

« Svar #3083 på: Desember 27, 2014, 17:15:26 »

Såpass??

Vi gjør dumme feil i forsvar og vi klarer ikke å putte ballen i mål. Det blir det få poeng av, men det gir jo litt håp!

Cellino har gjort flere dumme ting, mem Hockaday og Milanic var utrolig ødeleggende.

Redders er vel også ødeleggende??

Leedsfan

« Svar #3084 på: Desember 27, 2014, 17:21:39 »

Såpass??

Jeg er ikke helt sikker, er du?
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Eriksen55

« Svar #3085 på: Desember 27, 2014, 22:37:53 »

Såpass??

Basert på stats så er han enda mer enn de du nevnte! Jeg personlig har hele tiden vært lunken til han som sjef for atroppen.. så ja det tror jeg! Men, det tror jeg alle som får prøve seg under de premissene MC legger.. Det kommer til å gå ad dundas helt til MC slutter å blande seg inn i taktikk!!

Tror du det er tilfeldig at både Hock, Milanic og Redders bruker samme formasjon?

Gufrias

« Svar #3086 på: Desember 28, 2014, 09:32:15 »

Såpass??

Basert på stats så er han enda mer enn de du nevnte! Jeg personlig har hele tiden vært lunken til han som sjef for atroppen.. så ja det tror jeg! Men, det tror jeg alle som får prøve seg under de premissene MC legger.. Det kommer til å gå ad dundas helt til MC slutter å blande seg inn i taktikk!!

Tror du det er tilfeldig at både Hock, Milanic og Redders bruker samme formasjon?
Bortsett fra backene har vi ingen naturlige breddeholdere i troppen. Da er det fort gjort å gå for en formasjon med flest mulig sentralt i banen.

Men jeg tror vi hadde vært bedre med Byram som høyreving og Adryan eller Mowatt som venstreving. Ikke det at min CV kommer i nærheten av Redders... eller Darko... Eller Hock  ;)
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

lojosang

Sv:
« Svar #3087 på: Desember 28, 2014, 11:39:08 »
Jesus hadde også slitt om han skulle latt Cellino hente alle disipler, diktere mirakler og skrive bergpreken for seg.
- Leif Olav

Erik M

« Svar #3088 på: Desember 28, 2014, 15:20:02 »

Såpass??

Flere dumme ting?

Cellino har skaffet alle spillerene og gjort to helt hinsides ansettelser av head coaches.  I tillegg er det uro, konflikt og kaos rundt det sportslige i stedet for stabilitet.  Dette kommer ikke til å bli bedre og, ja, jeg tror Redders blir sparket om ikke lenge...

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3089 på: Desember 29, 2014, 10:25:00 »
Leeds United: Fans set to stage protest over treatment by league chiefs

Published: 29 December 2014

l

LEEDS United fans are set to stage a protest against what they say is the club’s unfair treatment by the Football League.

The protest will take place outside the league’s head office in Preston next Tuesday, January 6.

It follows the governing body’s decision to ban Massimo Cellino from acting as an owner and director of United.

The ban, which is the subject of an appeal, relates to a tax conviction imposed on Cellino by a court in Cagliari.

In a statement, the organisers of the protest said: “Whilst we respect that the Football League has a duty of care and responsibility towards its member clubs to look after their ‘best’ interests, we refuse to accept how recent decisions can be in the ‘best’ interests of Leeds United Football Club with regards the ownership of Leeds United Football Club.”

The statement stressed next week’s event would take the form of a “peaceful protest”. It also said the demo had received the approval of the police in Preston.

Leaflets publicising the protest were distributed outside Elland Road before United’s Boxing Day game against Wigan Athletic.

More Sharing ServicesShare
Min første Leeds-kamp: