Skrevet av Emne: Sesongen 2014-2015  (Lest 29950 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

sportcarl1

Sv: Sesongen 2014-2015
« Svar #90 på: August 01, 2014, 20:22:19 »
En av bloggerne på leechapmanssofa spår hvordan sesongen kommer til å gå for alle lagene i Championship. Hva han sier om Leeds:
Sitat
What can you say? A club which has lurched from one crisis to the next in recent years and is now about to open its doors for a new season at Elland Road featuring their own brand of Commedia dell’arte. A chairman with an ego to rival the great megalomaniacs of the past, a manager with no track record and a squad which resembles unwanted items from outside the charity shops of the football world. Leeds will escape relegation only because there will be three worse teams in the division.

Hele artikkelen:

http://leechapmanssofa.wordpress.com/2014/07/28/paul-hatts-that-division-we-are-in-championship-countdown-conundrum/

Har ikke lest noe, men han er ensidig negativ!!
jo vill man inte se möjligheterna så är allt nattsvart, och jag är inte intresserad av att läsa något mer, men hade vi haft samma spelartrupper som de flesta andra lag i ccc men med andra namn hade det klagats med, Cellino har redan gjort vad man kan kräva av honom på ett halvår men det var väl inte intressant att nämna

Gufrias

« Svar #91 på: August 01, 2014, 20:58:28 »
En av bloggerne på leechapmanssofa spår hvordan sesongen kommer til å gå for alle lagene i Championship. Hva han sier om Leeds:
Sitat
What can you say? A club which has lurched from one crisis to the next in recent years and is now about to open its doors for a new season at Elland Road featuring their own brand of Commedia dell’arte. A chairman with an ego to rival the great megalomaniacs of the past, a manager with no track record and a squad which resembles unwanted items from outside the charity shops of the football world. Leeds will escape relegation only because there will be three worse teams in the division.

Hele artikkelen:

http://leechapmanssofa.wordpress.com/2014/07/28/paul-hatts-that-division-we-are-in-championship-countdown-conundrum/

jo vill man inte se möjligheterna så är allt nattsvart, och jag är inte intresserad av att läsa något mer, men hade vi haft samma spelartrupper som de flesta andra lag i ccc men med andra namn hade det klagats med, Cellino har redan gjort vad man kan kräva av honom på ett halvår men det var väl inte intressant att nämna
Forfatteren ser absolutt mulighetene. Han er Fulhamsupporter, og mener at de vil kjempe om opprykk selv om de har betalt overpris for McCormack og selv om Magath ikke passer i klubben.

Så dette er faktisk Leeds sett utenfra.
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

sportcarl1

« Svar #92 på: August 01, 2014, 21:07:16 »
Sitat

Hele artikkelen:

Forfatteren ser absolutt mulighetene. Han er Fulhamsupporter, og mener at de vil kjempe om opprykk selv om de har betalt overpris for McCormack og selv om Magath ikke passer i klubben.

Så dette er faktisk Leeds sett utenfra.
hemska tanke om Leeds kommer före Fulham ;), kollar man statistiskt så är det 1 av 3 PL lag som åker ur som går upp, förra säsongen var det QPR som lyckades efter mycket om och men i play off kvalet

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #93 på: August 01, 2014, 22:12:22 »

Nr 5 og 8 er vakante. Betyr dette at en stopper og en angriper er på vei inn?

Hyggelig å lese at du ikke har mistet all observasjonsevne iTalia. :)

...det har egentlig vært  merkelig stille mht disse posisjonene (Cooper og Ranger untatt. Jeg håååper på 'mer etablerte navn' enn som så.).
VI fikk da vitterlig en bra sum på Ross - som ikke kan brukes på Neil Ranger???

....jada, jeg har lest om det derre å bruke pengene på Elland Road-gjenkjøp, men så var det det derre £15mill-kjøpsbudsjettet de hadde selv før Ross gikk   ::)
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Jon R

« Svar #94 på: August 02, 2014, 00:17:25 »

Nr 5 og 8 er vakante. Betyr dette at en stopper og en angriper er på vei inn?

Hyggelig å lese at du ikke har mistet all observasjonsevne iTalia. :)

Godt å høre at du har tiltro til meg, Asbjørn!  ;D
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #95 på: August 02, 2014, 10:18:32 »
Leeds United: A good start is vital but relegation isn’t a threat

Ross McCormack. PIC: Bruce Rollinson
by Andy Ritchie
Published on the
02 August

The new Championship season gets under way in seven days’ time and as for Leeds United’s prospects, I think that they will be safe, but I don’t think they will be up there at top end either.

I reckon they will finish where they probably ended up last season and I’d back them to do that, but with maybe trying to push to get to the top 10.

For me, it’s got the feel of a transitional season for Leeds. But they will definitely be seeking and will maybe need a decent start.

It’s a new regime at Leeds and when that is the case, it’s forever important when you have a new chairman, manager, coach, backroom staff or whatever that you get off to a good start to settle things down.

Everybody at the club and also the fans will be anxious for that and for some encouragement early on.

Looking at Leeds, while goalscoring is a key area given the exit of Ross McCormack, so is the defence, you have got to say.

Managers will always look at stats andsee when a side is weak and such things as times that teams gave goals away and Leeds need to improve in that aspect too.

Home form will be massively important for Leeds too.

It should never really be a problem given such a passionate crowd at Elland Road, but unfortunately the expectation at home has maybe got too much for some of them a little.

With such a good crowd there in terms of support and numbers, they expect Leeds to do well and Leeds have fallen below that in terms of hitting that level for a few years.

A lot of these questions about home form, the defence and so on will be answered in the first month or so of the new season.

Let’s just see how Leeds start first before making quick judgements.

For me, you have got to say they have got a really tough-looking opener against Millwall at the New Den.

I don’t think anybody in the Championship would have wanted that to be their starting game!

Yes, I’d say you want to play Millwall away pretty early on. But I would not say that you would want it for your first game of the season away.

Certainly the manager as well, because you never get anything from a game down at Millwall unless you are very lucky usually!

I suppose some would say there’s an argument for getting it out of the way early on. You might get something and it could be a good time to face them in terms of catching them early and they also struggled a bit last season and the one before.

With it being their first home game of the season, they will be desperate to win and impress. But with it being their first game in front of their fans, they might just have a few teething problems, so it might be a chance to nick a draw or a win for Leeds.

After that, it’s Middlesbrough at home in their first match of the season at Elland Road and then Brighton and Hove Albion a few days later, so that constitutes a tough start for me.

Looking at the division, there will be some good teams in there, with the relegated teams all having the parachute payments, obviously, with the likes of Norwich and Cardiff likely to be strong.

Look at the way Fulham could also go out and buy Ross McCormack for such a big fee.

Then there’s the likes of Derby, who just missed out last year after losing the play-off final against QPR at Wembley and Nottingham Forest, who have underachieved a little bit.

And then there’s lots of others such as Wigan, Ipswich and Watford – and there’s Bolton and Blackburn to consider too.

There are loads of big teams in there.

As for the strugglers, in terms of looking at the teams who might be down there, Blackpool might be one who will maybe slip out and Rotherham might be another who go straight back down and those two are the only ones who leap out at me and make me say that they could struggling. But in this division, you just never know.

I actually think Brentford will be all right and think they will have a bit more about them than maybe Blackpool and Rotherham will have.

Looking at the division, there’re a lot of big teams and it’s such a tough division to predict and probably the toughest I can remember for a few years, certainly.

It’s a division where teams have to turn up on the day and your attitude and application have just got to always be spot on or you will get definitely turned over.
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #96 på: August 02, 2014, 11:28:26 »
...må ta med denne visdomstweeten, fra målkongen: :)
Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker  · 23h 
August has arrived. The month that football returns to our lives.

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #97 på: August 03, 2014, 15:04:50 »
...mitt svar er et klart og entydig JAAA :)
Steven Barras ‏@StevenBarras  · 1h 
My take on the first 10 games. Would you be happy with that? #lufc

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Leedsfan

« Svar #98 på: August 03, 2014, 16:34:38 »
Steven Barras ‏@StevenBarras  · 1h 

Dette betyr at Ross kommer til å putte mange!!

Tror ikke så mye på Fulham. Derimot har trua på Cardiff og Derby, eller Derby og Cardiff!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

sportcarl1

« Svar #99 på: August 03, 2014, 17:28:45 »
Steven Barras ‏@StevenBarras  Â· 1h  

Dette betyr at Ross kommer til å putte mange!!

Tror ikke så mye på Fulham. Derimot har trua på Cardiff og Derby, eller Derby og Cardiff!

Om han överhuvudtaget platsar, han har inte gjort ett mål på försäsong, skadad? däremot har rodallega och dembele gjort 4-5 mål var
« Siste redigering: August 03, 2014, 17:35:43 av sportcarl1 »

Promotion 2010

« Svar #100 på: August 06, 2014, 13:52:17 »
En målgarantist nå og DETTE laget kan overraske mange!   :)

Vi er kanskje litt lette bakover, men tror Austin også kan spille stopper.

8 nye spillere nå og bare tre på lån. De har til gjengjeld en klausul om kjøp i sine avtaler.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

lojosang

« Svar #101 på: August 06, 2014, 14:22:34 »
En målgarantist nå og DETTE laget kan overraske mange!   :)

Vi er kanskje litt lette bakover, men tror Austin også kan spille stopper.

8 nye spillere nå og bare tre på lån. De har til gjengjeld en klausul om kjøp i sine avtaler.

Hvis halvparten av disse slår til (var det ikke gamle Wilkinson som omtalte det som suksess når halvparten av signingene slår til?), og Sørensen er en av dem kan dette bli en bra sesong, forutsatt at vår løse kanon på dekk ikke skaper trøbbel for oss.
- Leif Olav

GeirO

« Svar #102 på: August 06, 2014, 18:07:25 »
Noe interessant å se at Sky Sport ved Don Goodman tipper Leeds på nedrykksplass.
Hvis vi sparker et par managere underveis og det blir Hawaifotball KAN jo dette skje....
MOT

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #103 på: August 06, 2014, 18:34:22 »
...litt vanskelig å å plassere disse tweetene - de inneholder litt 'om alt'. Fra BBCs Look North-reporter Matt Slater (på mandag, før de to siste offentliggjorte intervjuene av Cellino)

Matt Slater @mattslaterbbc     Â·   22h   
Cellino says Hockaday is 'OK but needs babysitting' http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leeds-united/11013554/Leeds-United-owner-Massimo-Cellino-tells-fans-We-will-do-this-my-way.html … what does Dave say? Find out on @BBCLookNorth 2moro #lufc

Matt Slater @mattslaterbbc     Â·   9h   
Lots on how #lufc will function under 'league 5' coach Dave Hockaday on @BBCLookNorth today, his 1st TV interview as boss, of sorts

Matt Slater @mattslaterbbc     Â·   27m   
Hockaday: "I want to blaze a trail..not just here, but around the country. I'm an English coach & people should be applauding that." #lufc

Matt Slater @mattslaterbbc     Â·   23m   
Spent a fascinating day with Hockaday at Thorp Arch on Mon. Watched Carbone return his car keys, Benedicic get the tour & 1st team train

Matt Slater @mattslaterbbc     Â·   21m   
Hockaday worked hard on pressing/defending as team, pointed out #lufc had 6th worst defence last year, session was well structured...

Matt Slater @mattslaterbbc     Â·   18m   
...DH answered almost every question, was friendly & agreed to be mic-ed up for part of training. Did lots of work on throw-ins!

Matt Slater @mattslaterbbc     Â·   16m   
"Forest Green have gone from a nothing club to a highly competitive Conference club, who play the best football in the league, IMHO."

Matt Slater @mattslaterbbc     Â·   14m   
He wouldn't say how Cellino found him, but was fulsome in his praise for 'most learned' pres/chairman he's met in 40yrs in football!

Matt Slater @mattslaterbbc     Â·   5m   
Other observations, there were only 12 outfield players in 1st team training, Smith/Hunt were with U21s preparing for match that night...

Matt Slater @mattslaterbbc     Â·   4m   
...Kenny was a distant speck on horizon, training in far corner with academy keepers, & main building at Thorp Arch is deserted...

Matt Slater @mattslaterbbc     Â·   3m   
...sat in reception for 90mins & saw 3 people. Wandered upstairs to player's canteen eventually & made ourselves tea. I washed the mugs

Matt Slater
‏@mattslaterbbc   Hockaday proud of his 40 years in game: 5 promotions as player, was Watford's coach when they beat Leeds 3-0 in 2006 play-off final

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #104 på: August 07, 2014, 11:25:51 »
Lorimer om denne sesongen, om praten hans med Cellino osv

by Peter Lorimer

Leeds United: Looks like Cellino’s in for the long haul – Lorimer

Published on the 07  August  2014   07:00

On Saturday I stood for 15 minutes chatting to Massimo Cellino as Leeds United played out their friendly against Dundee United.

It’s a while since I spoke to him last and that conversation is probably the best gauge I have for how this season is going to go. Through the summer I’ve held the same concerns as anyone else – the strength of the squad, the quality of the players we’ve brought in and the likelihood of everything coming together after so much upheaval.

Put everything together and it’s easy to be sceptical about the year in front of us. From the outside it must look like chaos. But I came away from my discussion with Massimo feeling more confident and optimistic than I had before.

I’m not saying for one minute that Leeds are heading for promotion this season. You hope for the best and I generally feel that a club like Leeds should be up there challenging but I expect us to look for stability before we look for the Premier League. We were a club in total freefall six months ago and that doesn’t turnaround overnight.

But a few things strike me about our owner. Firstly, you can’t question his commitment in any way. It’s very obvious to detect. He’s put millions of pounds into the club but in my eyes that’s only the start of it. He’s bought a house in Leeds and he’s moving from Miami. His family are coming here too. You simply wouldn’t allow that amount of upheaval if you were planning to own the club for as short a time as GFH did.

Secondly, he really does know his football. We spoke on Saturday about where the team needs strengthening and where it’s not quite right and his thinking was basically the same as mine. There’s no question that central defenders are wanted and it’s good to see us in for Frederick Sorensen, the young centre-back from Juventus. Another midfielder with a bit more quality than some of those we’ve got already would also be an advantage. And I still maintain that our squad would be more balanced and more dangerous with a natural wide player in it.

But that said, over time we’ve put a decent squad together. It’s not perfect and I don’t really expect this group of players to go up but it’s been built patiently and most of our signings have been made for the long-term. That’s encouraging because if one thing more than anything else has killed us in the past few years it’s been the attempt to magic promotion overnight.

I really don’t get the feeling that Leeds have panicked at any stage in the transfer market. Some deals have taken a bit of time to complete but have crossed the line in the end. In other cases, the club seemed to decide that enough was enough and gave up on those targets. There’s obviously been a clear picture of which positions needed to be filled and who was going to fill them. And the fact that I know very little about the lads coming in excites me. It makes you hope for the best.

If you ask me what I’m hoping for in the next nine months, I’d be quite happy with some proper progress. I feel like a stuck record because I said exactly the same last summer but if promotion isn’t feasible – and it’s asking a bit of a miracle in my opinion – then you want to see the ground being prepared for a future challenge.

There were certain success stories last season – Alex Mowatt, Matt Smith for example – but too many problems and too many players who lost their way. No doubt it was a tough environment at Elland Road and the atmosphere seemed to get to the team but when the summer came we were left with a side which basically needed ripping apart. That can’t be the case every 12 months. You’ll never go anywhere.

This time around I want to see a philosophy and a plan which sticks. I want to see young players – and the new signings in particular – grow into the shirts and prove that they’re good enough for the top end of the Championship. Basically, if we’re not going up then I’d like to see a situation next summer where we need two or three new signings, rather than 10. The reality in the Championship is that a few quality players can make a massive difference to an average team. That’s why Leeds are the Championship’s surprise package – if the likes of Sorensen, Tommaso Bianchi and Souleymane Doukara prove to be a cut above, it might just be that we’re closer to the business end of the Championship than people reckon we will be.

As for the head coach, David Hockaday, I wish him well. He’s under a lot of scrutiny, as coaches and managers always are, but this is a big opportunity for him and he must be desperate to rise to it.

Football management is a weird world – the most unsafe job going. I’ve never really understood why anyone wants to do it. With a few exceptions, you never get the chance to see a job through and a manager’s fate is always inevitable. I’ve seen a lot of friends go into management full of optimism but come out of it with a sour taste in their mouths.

Millwall away on Saturday is a hell of a start and we’ll see soon enough how Hockaday fares. But we all owe it to him to give him a chance.

You hear the same refrain whenever a new Championship season starts – the leading candidates for promotion will be the sides who’ve come down from the Premier League.

It makes sense when you think about it but I’m not sure that prediction is based on fact. I’d like to see the percentage of teams who’ve been relegated one year and promoted the next. Something tells me it won’t be too high.

Those clubs will always be prominent, and that really goes without saying because they drop into the Championship with massive parachute payments, but my tip for the title this season is a squad who were on fire for most of last season – Derby County.

Considering their form under Steve McClaren, pictured left, they really deserved to go up. They’ll look back on their play-off final defeat to QPR with a lot of regret. But when I watch Derby, I see a youthful side with masses of confidence and a real understanding of how to win matches and put runs together.

They played so well at times that you half expected their squad to get savaged this summer.

It surprises me a little that Premier League clubs didn’t step in to nick the likes of Craig Bryson, right, and Will Hughes, pictured far right. But those players have stuck around and they’ve got another year of Championship football under their belts. I can only see Derby getting stronger and stronger.

I make the point time and again that the bottom half of the Premier League is much the same standard as the top end of the Championship. Or to put it another way, a lot of the sides fighting relegation from the Premier League would not look massively out of place in the league below.

For that reason, I don’t think Fulham, Norwich City or Cardiff City are nailed-on certainties to go up. Of the three, Norwich probably impressed me most last season but losing Robert Snodgrass was a blow. We all know Snoddy well and he’s developing into an excellent player – the best of the bunch at Carrow Road last season. They’ve got enough to be a danger still but the division looks wide open to me.

As for Leeds, I’d like to think that we’ll be good enough to get into the top half of the table – because if you’re in the top half then you never know what might happen.

I certainly think that aiming much lower than 12th place would be unduly negative and I wouldn’t say that every club in the league has gone to town by improving their squad massively.

The Championship, traditionally, is a very level playing field but one which Leeds should be able to live with.

And I’m pretty sure we’ll do far better than a scrambled survival.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-looks-like-cellino-s-in-for-the-long-haul-lorimer-1-6771538
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #105 på: August 07, 2014, 16:37:38 »
Thomm Kirwin

Hockaday says he'll appoint his Captain tomorrow while no news from him on any new signings. Sorensen wasn't training today. #

3:23pm - 7 Aug 14

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #106 på: August 07, 2014, 21:38:04 »
Tabelltips Championship på TV2 Sportskanalen nu
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Xern

« Svar #107 på: August 07, 2014, 21:58:03 »
Dårligste programmet jeg har sett på lenge. De vet ikke mer enn hva Skysports-statestikkene fra forrige sesong sier. Også noen få oppdateringer fra transfermarkedet da. Hadde fått med seg 4 av 8 av våre signeringer.. ???
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Eriksen55

« Svar #108 på: August 07, 2014, 22:13:13 »
Dårligste programmet jeg har sett på lenge. De vet ikke mer enn hva Skysports-statestikkene fra forrige sesong sier. Også noen få oppdateringer fra transfermarkedet da. Hadde fått med seg 4 av 8 av våre signeringer.. ???

Skuffende og dårlig ja.. Virker å være spilt inn for mange uker siden, mange overganger som ikke er med og da er vel poenget med programmet borte. Ok at dem har oss på 15, men grunnlaget for det tipset oser ikke av kompetanse! Heldigvis er det sjelden eksperter har rett :)

Leedsfan

« Svar #109 på: August 07, 2014, 22:33:57 »

Forrige sesongs program var helt for jævlig, elendig!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

lojosang

« Svar #110 på: August 07, 2014, 23:02:08 »

Man skal jo rekke alt også. Selvbruning, ta sånn oransjepiller, presse dress, solarium, Se & Hør-intervjuer. Kan ikke forvente at et skarve sportsanker og fotballeksperter skal ha tid til å lese seg opp på sport.
- Leif Olav

Leedsgutt

« Svar #111 på: August 07, 2014, 23:43:57 »

Skuffende og dårlig ja.. Virker å være spilt inn for mange uker siden, mange overganger som ikke er med og da er vel poenget med programmet borte. Ok at dem har oss på 15, men grunnlaget for det tipset oser ikke av kompetanse! Heldigvis er det sjelden eksperter har rett :)

jeg tror og forstår så var dette i samarbeid med ChampionshipNorge, og det betyr siden de bare gikk til 8plass(?) at det er 5-6 dager siden det var opptak, fordi ChampionshipNorge hadde ikke kommet på sesongtipset på 7plass.

Jeg så ikke hele.... det var bare elendig. så jeg er usikker når de avsluttet.....var muligens 5plass, uansett det er flere dager siden opptak

Men nå har ikke TV2 noen ordenlige championship eksperter, blir jo bare Premier League de diskuterer
« Siste redigering: August 07, 2014, 23:56:52 av Leedsgutt »

Cannavaro

« Svar #112 på: August 08, 2014, 00:18:46 »
Jeg tror oppriktig, - at man skal ta lang fart og drite i de fleste eksperter.  Championship predictions o.s.v, det er mye ræl og mye synsing som vanligvis ikke stemmer.  Det kommer ALLTID overraskelser, ALLTID.  Det som er kanon for oss, er at vi er dømt til en midtplassering, eller nedrykk også hos noen av "ekspertene". Fantastisk.  Da hviler det ikke noe press på klubben vår, og kanskje kan vi være overraskelsen iår ???  I certainly hope so.  Nysigneringene våre er spennende og sammen med miks av erfarne spillere og unggutter som banker på døra, så må dette bli spennende forhåpentligvis.  Kommer det inn enda en midtstopper og en målscorer (med erfaring, som har bevist litt tidligere) så er vi nærmest komplett.  Jeg elsker å være "underdog", klubben, laget og ikke minst Hockaday er underdogs iår.  Herlig, vi er "satt opp" for å overraske.  Jeg innrømmer å ha trua på The Hock egentlig, syns han er en spennende fyr. Masse fotballerfaring, fotballhode, intelligent og med helt rett fokus.   Skjønner ikke annet enn at Cellino vil la han sitte en stund (med langsiktig perspektiv mot 2015/16/17). Klart at dersom resultatene blir svake, så er det lett å peke på The Hock og gi ham fyken.  Det er jo vedtatt.
Jeg skal gosse meg i skjegget om ekspertisen tar feil, og nære enda mer glede over positive resultater.   Laget må sette seg over flere kamper, formasjon og samhandling er sikkert ikke innarbeidet skikkelig ennå.  Er vi på øvre halvdel etter 10 kamper er jeg fornøyd.  Etter 10 kamper skal vi kunne se litt struktur i laget og hva vi kan forvente fremover.  Jeg vil se gradvis progresjon, og jeg vil se få innslupne mål.  Defensiv trygghet, så kommer det offensive etterhvert (og seirene).  Ønsker alle LYKKE TIL MED SESONGEN 2014/15, håper virkelig det blir en god en !
MFLU - Miracles For Leeds United

Gufrias

« Svar #113 på: August 08, 2014, 07:23:47 »
Det er ALLTID press på Leeds United. Sesongen under ett er vi vel godt fornøyd med en plass midt på tabellen, men i hver enkelt kamp forventes feilfritt forsvarsspill, blendende angrepsspill og 100% effektivitet foran kassa. Hvis noen av spillerne ikke lever opp til dette, kommer "not fit to wear the shirt" ganske fort fram.

Frode

« Svar #114 på: August 08, 2014, 07:30:42 »
Registrerte at flere klubber har forsterket mye (Nottingham, Watford, mfl) Tror det skal bli tøft å hevde seg, selv om det skulle dukke opp en signering eller to før vinduet stenger.

Gufrias

« Svar #115 på: August 08, 2014, 07:50:25 »
Sitat
Phil Hay’s Championship predictions for 2014-15

Champions: Fulham. Got themselves in a shocking tangle last season but have thrown money at their squad, including £10.75m at Ross McCormack. Felix Magath, below, has been round the block at a very high level and with a clean slate, the job at Fulham should not be a problem for him.

Runners-Up: Wigan Athletic. Progressed like a train under Uwe Rosler and would have gone up in second place in May had Owen Coyle not wasted the first half of Wigan’s season. Strong in most positions and have made an interesting investment in Spanish striker Oriol Riera.

Play-Offs: Derby County, Cardiff City, Watford and Middlesbrough. Steve McClaren’s formula is working at Derby and his squad remains intact. Cardiff City are also in good enough shape, despite their relegation, and Watford opened the door by bringing Matej Vydra back to Vicarage Road and arranging one of their crafty deals for Juan Carlos Paredes, an Ecuador international. Middlesbrough’s season depends on the fixed strategy of Aitor Karanka paying off – but he did some effective groundwork last season.

Relegation: Blackpool, Rotherham United, Birmingham City. Blackpool are signing their own death warrant and Birmingham City almost did likewise last season. Their last-minute escape from relegation in May was a sensational moment but symptomatic of the shambles the club had become. Criticism of Lee Clark was also very audible. As for Rotherham, they will either surprise or fall flat. You never can say with someone like Steve Evans in charge.

Leeds United: 13th. There are too many variables in United’s squad – foreign imports, young academy players, others who came up short last season – to predict too much but the bottom half of the Championship is a mish-mash of clubs with limited potential. Avoid an especially bad start and mid-table should not be asking the earth.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/phil-hay-s-championship-predictions-for-2014-15-1-6771051

Cannavaro

« Svar #116 på: August 08, 2014, 08:29:36 »
Det er ALLTID press på Leeds United. Sesongen under ett er vi vel godt fornøyd med en plass midt på tabellen, men i hver enkelt kamp forventes feilfritt forsvarsspill, blendende angrepsspill og 100% effektivitet foran kassa. Hvis noen av spillerne ikke lever opp til dette, kommer "not fit to wear the shirt" ganske fort fram.

Ja, fansen skaper press, de som besøker ER, de som reiser med laget til bortekamper.  De ønsker noe tilbake.  Iår er det ikke noen store forventninger eller press.  Det er ny eier, nytt regime, ny coach, nye spillere.  Denne sesongen ser annerledes ut enn de 10 siste.......
Eventuell buing og tilrop og misnøye vil alltid tilhøre enhver kamp, men jeg ser ikke at det skal være noe press på Leeds United iår......
MFLU - Miracles For Leeds United

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #117 på: August 08, 2014, 14:33:14 »
Guardians sak om Leeds og sesongen ingen vet hvor ender...

Maverick owner Massimo Cellino admits Leeds United are still a big mess

If Cellino and Hockaday pull something off it would go down as one of the more remarkable stories in recent memory. In truth, though, nobody knows quite what to expect

Another season dawns at Leeds United. Another season that promises to, somehow, be more absurd than the last, an unfortunate trend that has blighted the Championship club ever since they fell out of the Premier League 10 years ago.

David Haigh, who was pulling the strings at Elland Road this time last year, has been in a Dubai jail for three months, accused of fraud by the club’s previous owners and current minority shareholders. He has been replaced by an Italian entrepreneur who has previous criminal convictions and whose first managerial appointment is an unknown coach who last worked in the Conference with Forest Green Rovers.

Massimo Cellino is the latest protagonist in a saga that takes centre stage again at Millwall on Saturday and has divided opinion within supporters who thought they had seen it all.

How wrong they were. Cellino, who bought Leeds in April from Gulf Finance House Capital despite opposition from the Football League, is a maverick of the highest order. He sacked Brian McDermott before re-appointing him last season, he was referred to by the new coach – Dave Hockaday – as “the president” about 20 times in his opening press conference, and only last weekend climbed into his office at Elland Road through the window after being locked out.

When his deal to buy Leeds was confirmed, he invited journalists to his lawyers’ office in London, regaling the assembled crowd with outlandish tales of pot-washing in 1970s England and sincerely inviting a reporter to play with his rock band in Sardinia.

Yet beneath the jokes, the headline fodder, the superstitions and devilish charm, there is another side to Cellino. It is a ruthless side. He said that the Leeds workforce was bloated and, true to his word, swiftly made wide-ranging job cuts. Around 70 staff were laid off in a matter of weeks – others saw the writing on the wall and walked. Benito Carbone, appointed to work with the club’s academy a few months ago, has already left – citing “family reasons”.

The former Cagliari owner known as the King of Corn has a temper and those who bear the brunt of it are often sent packing or waste no time in doing the packing themselves.The question is, though, can Cellino fulfil his promise to take Leeds back to the Premier League within two seasons. His tone has already changed somewhat on that front – perhaps at the realisation of the mess he inherited – and there is little way to gauge how they will fare.

For all Cellino’s foibles, he is undoubtedly passionate about rejuvenating a club that in recent years has been bereft of optimism. The Italian revealed to the Guardian last week that the wheels are in motion to re-purchase Elland Road, something he wants to do by November when the price would rise, and is seemingly on a one-man mission to drag Leeds back to the top-flight while rebuilding the club from its foundations upwards.

“This is a big mess. It’s going to be a big war – the biggest war is inside, not outside,” says Cellino. “I haven’t even started building this club yet. The results and the team are the smaller problems at this club. Believe me. I have to get this club ready to face the Premier League. At the moment it’s not ready to face the Championship. Last year we started late because one of our players was stuck in traffic – he didn’t live in Leeds. You must be bloody joking. We need a professional mentality.”

The sad truth is that, without Cellino, Leeds were heading into the abyss yet again. GFHC’s reign was unravelling in spectacular fashion as debts spiralled, with the Italian overturning a ruling by the League and securing the club for £35m, a price that included the debt.

GFHC remain 25% shareholders but have recently agreed to convert £11m of the debt into equity, a move that, according to the investment bank, “should be seen as a recapitalisation of the club to put it on a firmer financial footing”. Cellino, meanwhile, is due to pay GFHC the remaining £6m of his initial purchase agreement by December.

On the pitch the worry is goals, given Ross McCormack’s £11m move to Fulham, which, according to Cellino, will go a big way to securing the deal to buy back the stadium. McCormack was comfortably the Championship’s top scorer with 29 goals last year, but Leeds have so far signed untested foreign players rather than replacing the Scot with a proven striker. Tom Lees, the young former England under-21 defender, was also allowed to leave for Sheffield Wednesday on a free transfer.

Alongside his sporting director, Nicola Salerno, Cellino has bought players known to him from Italy, such as the goalkeeper Marco Silvestri, the midfielder Tommaso Bianchi and the defender Gaetano Berardi. There have also been the loan arrivals of the young Milan midfielder Zan Benedicic and the striker Souleymane Doukara from Catania. This week the club also signed Nicky Ajose from Peterborough.

Asked whether he would be picking the team rather than Hockaday, Cellino says: “How can you think something like that? If I did that why would I need to pay the coach? I hope to give my advice, that’s my duty. I need to know what’s going on and follow his work but it’s not because I decide. I’ve never called a coach asking who is going to play tomorrow – I don’t care.

“I can change manager like underwear if needs be. Everyone has said Hockaday is not the right coach for Leeds, but I think he is. It’s not the choice of the journalists or the supporters. If I have made the wrong choice I have to face it. A lot of presidents don’t fire the coach because they are ashamed that they made the wrong choice.”

Leeds will hope that his choice proves wise, as they wait with baited breath ahead of what could be another turbulent year. If Cellino and Hockaday pull something off it would go down as one of the more remarkable stories in recent memory. In truth, though, nobody knows quite what to expect.

“No-one is going to die,” says Cellino. “If the team is not strong now, it will get stronger. I promise. We don’t have time to lose.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/08/maverick-owner-massimo-cellino-leeds-united-big-mess?CMP=twt_gu
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #118 på: August 08, 2014, 15:03:45 »
Guardians sak om Leeds og sesongen ingen vet hvor ender...

“No-one is going to die,” says Cellino. “If the team is not strong now, it will get stronger. I promise. We don’t have time to lose.”

Hehe, nå tar man Cellino i nok en løgn ;)   ;D

The Square Ball ‏@TheSquareBall  · 5m 
Cellino: "no one is going to die". More lies. We're ALL going to die. #LUFC

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

« Svar #119 på: August 09, 2014, 17:02:56 »