Skrevet av Emne: UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations - innføres 2014-15  (Lest 3811 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations - innføres 2014-15
« på: April 15, 2014, 12:02:43 »
UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations

The UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations, first agreed in principle in September 2009 by the Financial Control Panel of football’s governing body in Europe (Union of European Football Associations – UEFA), were brought in to prevent professional football clubs spending more than they earn in the pursuit of success and in doing so getting into financial problems which might threaten their long term survival.[1]

The Premier League + The Championship

A report by the accountants Deloitte indicated that total debt among the 20 Premier League clubs for the year 2008-09 was around £3.1 billion.[8]

At the time of the introduction FFP, several Premier League clubs were known to be spending considerably above their income. For example, between 2005 and 2010 West Ham United recorded an aggregate net loss of £90.2 million, with equity of £13.063 million on 31 May 2010 following a re-capitalization,[9] while Everton, whose former manager David Moyes had long received praise for his continued ability to keep the club among the top Premiership sides despite an extremely tight transfer budget, had a negative equity (in group accounts) of £29.774 million on 31 May 2010, making a net loss of £3.093 million in consolidated accounts.[10]

Worst of all though were the finances of Portsmouth, who had a shortfall of £59,458,603 to the creditor in February 2010 (after deducting the book value of the asset) [11] Having invested heavily on players over previous seasons, (the previous year's net loss was covered by Alexandre Gaydamak), Portsmouth were runners-up of the 2009–10 FA Cup in 2010, but as the season wore on the financial situation deteriorated, leaving players unpaid and the club with an outstanding bill for income tax which in turn led to a winding-up petition from HM Revenue & Customs.[12] There then followed administration to avoid the club being liquidated, a nine-point deduction from the Premier League, and finally relegation into the lower division. A similar train of events had affected another English club, Leeds United, some years previously.[13]

The problem of debt was not confined to the top division, with a number of clubs in the second tier of English football, the Football League Championship seemingly gambling their futures in an effort to gain promotion into the Premiership. The 2010 - 2012 parliamentary report into English football noted that; "much of the overspending (by non Premier league clubs) is as a result of the desire to get into the ‘promised land’ of the Premier League or indeed to simply stay there... the prevailing reasoning amongst Football League sides seems to be that excessive levels of spending can be sustained for a few years within which time promotion must be achieved. After that, Premier League revenues can be used to pay off all the debts accrued" [7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Financial_Fair_Play_Regulations

Det virker som om dette regelverket styrker de vestover og hindrer de som å få spise kirsebær med de aller største! Mange klubber drives over evne for å nå "The Promised Land". For å konkurrere i fremtidens fotballverden må det en taktisk lur eier til. Kanskje vi har ham i Cellino?

;)
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

Sv: UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations - innføres 2014-15
« Svar #1 på: November 06, 2014, 21:31:15 »
Nye regler bestemt for de neste sesongene:

Championship clubs agree FFP rules

6 November 2014 Updated 16:39 GMT

Championship clubs have agreed a new set of Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations to be implemented from the start of the 2016/17 season.

Under the regulations, Championship clubs' finances will be monitored over three seasons during which they will may lose up to £15m without having to detail how that loss will be funded.

At present, clubs must operate with losses of under £3m a season.

Clubs who fail to meet existing FFP rules face a transfer embargo.

Existing Championship FFP rules2014-15: Losses of no more than £3m, up to £6m with owner investment2015-16: Losses of no more than £2m, up to £13m with owner investment

The new 'profitability and sustainability' guidelines were agreed at an EGM in Derby on Thursday.

The new rules allow for a club's losses to go beyond the £15m cap over three seasons but not exceed an aggregate of £39m (averaging £13m a season).

Clubs who post losses of between £15m and £39m across three seasons will face additional regulation.

Any club that moves between the Premier League and Championship in a three-season period would be assessed on the permitted maximum loss per season of £35m in the Premier League and £13m in the Championship.

A Football League statement(external) confirming the new regulations did not directly address concerns relating to parachute payments.

Among the issues raised at a meeting of the Football League and Championship clubs in April was that Premier League parachute payments could distort competition when allied to the FFP rules.

Clubs relegated from the top flight receive £60m in payments over four years, a figure increased from £48m in 2013.

The statement did, however, say that the Football League board had been given a "mandate by its clubs to complete a new financial solidarity arrangement with the Premier League"

« Siste redigering: November 06, 2014, 21:33:31 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Cherry

« Svar #2 på: November 06, 2014, 22:16:30 »
15mill £ i året for PL klubber rykker ned ......i 4 år.....ikke lett å konkurrere med disse ! >:(

TallyHo

« Svar #3 på: November 07, 2014, 11:09:45 »
15mill £ i året for PL klubber rykker ned ......i 4 år.....ikke lett å konkurrere med disse ! >:(

??? Utrolig, dette kan jo ikke aksepteres av klubbene som allerede er i Premiership. Favorisering og usportslig !
Min jomfrukamp: 18.05.76
Viking- Leeds United  0-1    Tilsk. 9.429. 
Mc. Niven 22 min. Banens beste; Billy Bremner.   
Etter at Leeds United hadde fått sitt honorar satt Viking igjen med kr. 50 i overskudd til tross for 9.429 på tribunen.

Jon R

« Svar #4 på: November 07, 2014, 17:11:58 »

??? Utrolig, dette kan jo ikke aksepteres av klubbene som allerede er i Premiership. Favorisering og usportslig !

"Fallskjermen" ved nedrykk har jo vært solid i mange år allerede. Allikevel har jeg inntrykk av at majoriteten av de klubbene som rykker ned går på en solid økonomisk baksmell. Min påstand er at "lønnsomheten" ved å rykke opp eller ned er en sannhet med modifikasjoner...
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #5 på: November 08, 2014, 11:57:12 »
Leeds United remain at risk of January transfer embargo

Elland Road
by Phil Hay
Updated on the
08 November
10:20
Published 08/11/2014 06:01
Print this
Sponsored by

14 comments
Have your say!

Upload your photos or videos on this story and we'll publish the best

Leeds United remain at risk of a transfer embargo in January despite major changes to the rules governing Financial Fair Play (FFP) in the Sky Bet Championship.

The Football League has agreed to introduce more flexible regulations at the start of the 2016-17 season but the governing body will enforce existing rules as planned at the turn of the year.

FFP effectively came into force last season, a campaign in which Championship clubs were permitted to lose a maximum of £8million.

All 24 teams are due to submit financial accounts for the 2013-14 term to the Football League by December 1 and those found to be in breach of the guidelines will be hit with a transfer embargo when the forthcoming January window opens.

Leeds and their owner, Massimo Cellino, expect to receive an embargo as punishment for debts and losses built up at Elland Road by Gulf Finance House, the Bahraini bank which ran Leeds for 16 months between December 2012 and April of this year.

United were losing around £1m a month when Cellino bought a majority stake in April and having signed 15 new players during the summer transfer window, he believes his hands will be tied in January.

Speaking this week Cellino told the YEP: “That’s something I got from other people. It’s not my fault, it’s the balance sheet from last year.

“We took on a bad situation financially and I covered that but we are facing an embargo.”

The Italian is understood to be investigating whether the number of players under the age of 21 in his squad and the tally of senior professionals who have made no first-team appearances this season would give him scope to bring signings in, regardless of a Football League embargo.

At a meeting in Derby on Thursday, Championship clubs agreed that the current rules on FFP – rules which limit sides to a loss of just £6m this season – would remain in place until the end of the 2015-16 campaign.

The new regulations for the 2016-17 campaign will permit clubs to lose up to £15m over a three-year period without explaining how that loss is to be funded.

In addition, Championship sides can make further losses up to a maximum of £39m but will be ordered to provide proof of their boards’ ability to cover the shortfall, along with financial information for the following two seasons.

A Football League statement read: “The existing Championship FFP framework will remain in place for the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons.

Any sanctions for accounts relating to the 2013-14 season will continue to take effect as intended.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #6 på: Desember 13, 2014, 09:07:42 »
Leeds United: Loopholes may allow Whites to do deals - Hay

Published: 13 December 2014

Massimo Cellino

2 comments

Leeway: United will be hit by a transfer embargo – but it may not be an outright ban on signing players during the upcoming January transfer window.

Nothing at Leeds United is ever black or white. Massimo Cellino is proof of that. Will he sidestep his Football League ban or will this disqualification stick? Is he here for the foreseeable or is the club on the road to another sale?

Next month’s transfer embargo is equally devoid of clarity.

It’s coming – without question it’s coming – but the belief at Elland Road is that the January window will not be an entirely closed shop. It will not be a free market either but the scope for new signings could exist, in a certain fashion and at a certain price.

There’s a caveat to any conjecture about squad-building, forward planning or future objectives: the glaring possibility that Cellino will not escape the corner he is in.

Earlier this week he made it clear that he is prepared to resign from United’s board while he fights his disqualification.

The £23.5m injection he and Gulf Finance House announced as recently as last Thursday has been suspended pending the outcome of Cellino’s appeal.

Leeds cannot carry on regardless, presuming the net will untangle itself.

All the same, the club are speaking about transfers and thinking about the January window.

They won’t be free to deal as they please next month but there’s a heavy suggestion that the embargoes handed down by the Football League will be laced with loopholes.

In effect, Leeds expect to be able to make a small handful of signings.

That the club are destined for an embargo is not in dispute.

The Football League is yet to determine which sides are in breach of its Financial Fair Play rules but United’s accounts show a loss of almost £23m last season, a figure far in excess of the FFP limit.

No amount of clever accounting would fudge the issue and Leeds have not even tried. Part of the reason why 15 new players came to Elland Road in the summer window was because Cellino expected to have his hands tied in January, if not exactly in the way they are now.

The grey area which Leeds might seek to exploit is complicated.

They anticipate that in tandem with an embargo, the Football League will soften the impact by allowing clubs to maintain a squad of a certain size.

The players who count towards a set quota will not include any under the age of 21 or any who have made a small number of appearances this season (five, for the sake of argument).

As big as the squad at Elland Road is, there are numerous professionals who fall into one or both of those categories.

The club would almost certainly be prevented from paying fees for any signings but they suspect that the League will permit the arrival of players whose individual wage packages costs the club no more than £600,000 pro rata (around £300,000 at the midway point of the season). That sum equates to more than £10,000 a week.

Cellino is not in the habit of paying high wages.

The contracts he gives out tend to be incentivised – sweetened with goal bonuses and other add-ons.

Over the past month he and his sporting director, Nicola Salerno, have spent some time looking at the transfer market, despite the knowledge that an embargo is coming.

The Football League was asked by the YEP to explain how tightly its embargoes will be enforced and to clarify any loopholes or exemptions.

A spokesman said the “specific embargo arrangements” would be outlined to clubs once the League confirmed which of the 24 were in breach of FFP rules.

It remains to be seen whether the uncertainty surrounding Cellino leaves any real appetite for immediate investment in players but the club are being linked again with Leonardo Pavoletti, the Sassuolo striker who almost joined the club in the last hour of the summer transfer window.

Pavoletti is 6’2” and a variation on the forwards Leeds already have. United did not fight hard to keep Matt Smith at Elland Road but despite Cellino’s concerns about Smith’s agility and versatility, he suspected that Leeds might miss his height. United have a tall forward in Steve Morison but coach after coach is declining to play him. Mirco Antenucci, Souleymane Doukara and Billy Sharp have different strengths but much the same build.

In the context of United’s meek away form, variety is what they lack.

There is real promise in the squad at Elland Road, some natural ball-players and a healthy mentality, but the club lack bite away from their own stadium.

Tommaso Bianchi embodies that problem – in his element at Elland Road, more passive and fragile elsewhere.

Neil Redfearn has harder midfielders in Rudy Austin and Michael Tonge but you sense they are not the options he wants.

Jamaica international Austin is out of contract next summer and has not been offered a new deal and Championship rivals Brighton and Hove Albion are being credited with an interest in him again.

For United’s squad to evolve properly it needs the right tweaks at the right times.

Leeds have the numbers to cope with a quiet January but the club are not in a position – in the Championship or otherwise – where they can afford to stand still; not when their away record shows five points from 10 matches and everyone from the owner down knows the jigsaw is incomplete.

It feels churlish to think about new signings when so much is hazy and an embargo awaits but the plea is the same as every other day of the week – that in the midst of everything else, the football does not get entirely forgotten.
« Siste redigering: Desember 13, 2014, 09:09:17 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Leedsfan

« Svar #7 på: Februar 03, 2015, 13:14:43 »
Hvordan vil transferembargoet påvirke oss til sommeren?
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #8 på: Februar 03, 2015, 14:38:45 »
Hvordan vil transferembargoet påvirke oss til sommeren?

Styreformann Umbers sier at det ikke blir noe embargo til sommeren.

Han stoler jeg 100% på!

::)
Min første Leeds-kamp: