Skrevet av Emne: EX-Spiller: Oliver Dacourt  (Lest 3419 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

EX-Spiller: Oliver Dacourt
« på: Juni 08, 2014, 20:44:59 »
Høy stjerne i Leeds som falt da Very Terribles kom inn som "manager":
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivier_Dacourt

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F27QTuC_ZnI

Spiller i dag en oppvisningskamp med Benito Carbone i Madrid:

https://mobile.twitter.com/carbobenny10/status/475625042408374272/photos

Kunne tenkt seg en slik kamp i Leeds en gang!  :)

Oliver Daourt:
"@ScottEaglen: @carbobenny10 @dacourtolivier OLIVIER YOU ARE LEEDS AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE" I wish We can do a charity game in Leeds one day

;)
« Siste redigering: Februar 15, 2018, 14:55:35 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

Sv: EX-Spiller : Oliver Dacourt
« Svar #1 på: Juli 16, 2017, 23:50:11 »
Frankriket og Olivier Dacourt vant det første veteranmesterskapet i fotball med 2-1 over Danmark i dag!

http://starsixes.com

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Sv: EX-Spiller : Oliver Dacourt
« Svar #2 på: Februar 15, 2018, 14:55:16 »
Leeds United: Whites’ potential is ‘extraordinary’ admits Olivier Dacourt

Lee Sobot
Published: 06:00 Thursday 15 February 2018
Leeds United's Olivier Dacourt.
Leeds United's Olivier Dacourt.
HEAD COACH Paul Heckingbottom readily admits Leeds United run the risk of running out of time to save their play-offs bid.

“As games run out, you get farther and farther away. That’s fact,” said Heckingbottom in the aftermath of Saturday’s 2-1 loss at Championship hosts Sheffield United.

Olivier Dacourt (front) and Eirik Bakke celebrate Leeds United reaching the semi-finals of the Champions League.
Olivier Dacourt (front) and Eirik Bakke celebrate Leeds United reaching the semi-finals of the Champions League.
Not quite crunch time but the importance of this Sunday’s Elland Road clash with Bristol City is crystal clear with Leeds desperate for a return to the Premier League after a 14-year wait.

With United now eight points off the play-offs, thousands of people connected with Leeds both past and present will be checking phones and other devices for Sunday’s events at Elland Road.

And among them will be one of the brightest stars from United’s Premier League days last decade in French midfielder Olivier Dacourt who still holds strong feelings for a Whites team with “extraordinary public potential” in English football’s second tier.

Fifteen and a half years have now passed since Dacourt made his final appearance for Leeds in a 1-0 victory at home to Hapoel Tel Aviv in a UEFA Cup tie in October 2002.

Terry Venables.
Terry Venables.
The midfielder’s differences and spats with then Whites boss Terry Venables were well documented and the Frenchman was then loaned out in January to Roma who Dacourt joined on a permanent deal the following summer.

But Dacourt’s first two seasons at Leeds presented happier times for a midfielder who joined the Whites from Lens for a then club record £7.2m under David O’Leary in the summer of 2000.

The midfielder went on to play 82 games for the Whites – famously helping United to the Champions League semi-final in his first season – and Dacourt’s time at Leeds has left a lasting legacy.

Despite going on to play for Roma and Inter Milan, the Frenchman insists he has never felt a togetherness like the one experienced at O’Leary’s Whites. It means that nearly 18 years after signing for the club, the now 43-year-old football pundit keeps a keen eye out for United’s results and the former French international is longing for his former side to return to the Premier League.

In Dacourt’s view, the club’s huge fan base, passionate support and the ‘12th man’ of an Elland Road crowd are crucial to making that happen.

Asked if he still followed the trials and tribulations and results of his former side, Dacourt said: “Always! I follow the clubs where I have played because they are part of my life.

“There is an extraordinary public potential in Yorkshire. And Leeds should be among the clubs that count in the Premier League. It’s a big club! Elland Road is really the 12th man.”

Dacourt, meanwhile, was one of United’s main men but the circumstances of his departure from the club and fall-out with former boss Venables means the Frenchman would be forgiven for being left with a sour taste nearly two decades on.

Yet on the contrary, the former record Whites signing actually looks back on the episode as a blessing in disguise.

Dacourt angered Venables by branding United’s lowly position a “disgrace” and describing his relationship with the boss as “distant”.

Venables responded by claiming that Dacourt had been engineering a move away from Elland Road, and that if the player secured a move to Italy he would drive him there himself.

“I did not like the joke that Venables said ‘If Dacourt wants to go to Italy I will take him by car’,” said Dacourt at the time of leaving Leeds for Roma.

“I will send him (Venables) my airline ticket so that he can reimburse me.”

But asked about his differences with Venables 15 years on, Dacourt said: “I would thank him.

“After that, I went to Roma, I went to Inter Milan, I was Italian champion three times. Maybe he was a visionary. I can only thank him.

“What to say, after all these years and everything … it’s past.

“If I see him, I’ll greet him. Thanks to him, I’ve played at very big European clubs. It’s a choice, and as I often say, choosing is giving up so maybe he wanted other players. He felt I was not good enough for his team.”

Dacourt, though, played an integral part in O’Leary’s side that competed at the top end of the Premier League table in Dacourt’s two full seasons whilst also famously reaching the semi-finals of the Champions League in his first.

Recalling his overall memories of representing the Whites, Dacourt beamed: “Exceptional.

“I was lucky enough to win things after my spell there, with Inter Milan, but I never found an atmosphere in the team like there was at Leeds.

“An atmosphere between the players, everyone was in unison.

“It was a young team. I was only 24 years old and the kids were 19-20 years old, but they had great promise, they did terrific things.

“At the time, we were unconcerned, we always went out together. This atmosphere in the team, I have never found that back.”

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Sv: EX-Spiller: Oliver Dacourt
« Svar #3 på: September 12, 2018, 23:16:41 »
Leeds United Centurions - Olivier Dacourt took the Whites to another level

In the latest of our series heralding the club's greatest-ever players, Jon Howe remembers the French midfielder

20:30, 11 SEP 2018Updated21:25, 11 SEP 2018

Dacourt was a firm fan favourite during his time at Leeds
In the latest of our series heralding the club's greatest-ever players, Jon Howe remembers the French midfielder

For a player whose brief Leeds United career was bookended by on and off the pitch strife, it is testament to what Olivier Dacourt produced in just 82 appearances in between that he is remembered so fondly by the Elland Road faithful.

Leeds fans were already cautious in June 2000 at a club record fee of £7.2million being splashed out on the Lens player who failed to set the world alight during a fleeting stint at Everton a couple of years previously, and add to that the fact that Dacourt was the first Frenchman of any significance to arrive at Leeds since a certain Monsieur Cantona.

However, ignoring for a moment that Dacourt was sent off on his debut in a Champions League qualifier, and that he left Leeds under a cloud due to the same kind of dysfunctional player/manager breakdown that famously sent Eric Cantona to Old Trafford, the two Frenchmen couldn’t have been more different. Honest.

Dacourt arrived in June 2000 for a fee of £7.2million
Concern that Dacourt would turn the positively bubbling atmosphere in the Elland Road dressing room sour in another headstrong display of egocentric Gallic flounce, was soon dispelled as Dacourt became a vital lynchpin in a youthful side that fed off his selfless, tenacious muscle in the engine room. While the home-grown element of the side and the goal-scoring exploits of formidable front man Mark Viduka grabbed all the headlines in the epic Champions League campaign, Dacourt quietly went about his business with a step change in quality and experience, and in the kind of role that only true scholars of the game would fully appreciate.

The midfielder was the first Frenchman to join since Eric Cantona
It is true that Dacourt arrived with something of a disciplinary issue, which clouded his stay at Goodison, but his red card in the Champions League qualifier against 1860 Munich at Elland Road in his first outing for the club, was greeted with a measure of sympathy. In a mad ten minutes towards the end of the game, a fussy referee sent off three players, with Dacourt receiving two yellows and Eirik Bakke also seeing red for Leeds. An injury time Munich goal set up an awkward second leg, which an injury and suspension-ravaged United line-up navigated by the skin of their teeth. How the history of Leeds United could have been different had Dacourt’s red card proved more costly?

Dacourt soon became a fan favourite
Nevertheless, within three months of that inauspicious start the name “Olly” was reverberating around Elland Road every week, with the kind of echoing vibrancy that resonates as a sincere reminder of epic European nights. The home crowd took the tough-tackling Frenchmen to their hearts, helped by a sweeping free-kick that defeated Arsenal at home in November 2000, on a historic day that started with new signing Rio Ferdinand being introduced to the crowd before Kick-Off.

This was truly a time of transformation and revolution at Leeds United, and yet Dacourt’s arrival in itself felt like a defining moment. While Leeds had qualified for the Champions League with a home-grown core and some savvy procurement of young, English talent, Dacourt represented the club moving on to another level. It was a brave new world, and Dacourt quickly adapted to it, demonstrating immediate evidence that he was a class above.

Dacourt formed a formidable partnership with David Batty
While Dacourt was brought in partly to compensate for the long-term injury absence of David Batty, in providing a solid anchor in midfield, the adaptability of his game was just as vital. When the talismanic Batty returned to fitness for the second half of the 2000/01 Champions League season, Dacourt tailored his game to suit, and the two forged a forbidding partnership that was vital in managing the cavalier spirit of O’Leary’s effervescent side.

Dacourt was an all-action ball-winner who played right on the edge of the referee’s patience, continually prowling the middle third with the mind-set of seeing how much he could get away with. But this is to underplay his creative value; a mixture of precise long and short passing, intelligent use of the ball and steely composure. It created a beautiful symbiosis with Batty that few teams in England or Europe could deal with, and which the more artistic and decisive elements of the Leeds team fully beneF***ed from.

The midfielder excelled in Europe for Leeds
It was one night in Rome that truly put Dacourt on a pedestal as a modern day great with many Leeds fans, as he almost single-handedly won the midfield in the Olympic Stadium during the epoch-defining 1-0 win over Lazio. Dacourt was muddied, exhausted but triumphant as he set the standard for valour and courage on the biggest stage. Batty was missing that night, but the two combined in a performance of similar majesty two months later, when Leeds demolished Anderlecht 4-1 in their own back yard.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-centurions-olivier-dacourt-15138657?1

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Runar

« Svar #4 på: September 12, 2018, 23:33:20 »

For a player whose brief Leeds United career was bookended by on and off the pitch strife, it is testament to what Olivier Dacourt produced in just 82 appearances in between that he is remembered so fondly by the Elland Road faithful.

Leeds fans were already cautious in June 2000 at a club record fee of £7.2million being splashed out on the Lens player who failed to set the world alight during a fleeting stint at Everton a couple of years previously, and add to that the fact that Dacourt was the first Frenchman of any significance to arrive at Leeds since a certain Monsieur Cantona.

However, ignoring for a moment that Dacourt was sent off on his debut in a Champions League qualifier, and that he left Leeds under a cloud due to the same kind of dysfunctional player/manager breakdown that famously sent Eric Cantona to Old Trafford, the two Frenchmen couldn’t have been more different. Honest.

Concern that Dacourt would turn the positively bubbling atmosphere in the Elland Road dressing room sour in another headstrong display of egocentric Gallic flounce, was soon dispelled as Dacourt became a vital lynchpin in a youthful side that fed off his selfless, tenacious muscle in the engine room. While the home-grown element of the side and the goal-scoring exploits of formidable front man Mark Viduka grabbed all the headlines in the epic Champions League campaign, Dacourt quietly went about his business with a step change in quality and experience, and in the kind of role that only true scholars of the game would fully appreciate.

It is true that Dacourt arrived with something of a disciplinary issue, which clouded his stay at Goodison, but his red card in the Champions League qualifier against 1860 Munich at Elland Road in his first outing for the club, was greeted with a measure of sympathy. In a mad ten minutes towards the end of the game, a fussy referee sent off three players, with Dacourt receiving two yellows and Eirik Bakke also seeing red for Leeds. An injury time Munich goal set up an awkward second leg, which an injury and suspension-ravaged United line-up navigated by the skin of their teeth. How the history of Leeds United could have been different had Dacourt’s red card proved more costly?

Nevertheless, within three months of that inauspicious start the name “Olly” was reverberating around Elland Road every week, with the kind of echoing vibrancy that resonates as a sincere reminder of epic European nights. The home crowd took the tough-tackling Frenchmen to their hearts, helped by a sweeping free-kick that defeated Arsenal at home in November 2000, on a historic day that started with new signing Rio Ferdinand being introduced to the crowd before Kick-Off.

This was truly a time of transformation and revolution at Leeds United, and yet Dacourt’s arrival in itself felt like a defining moment. While Leeds had qualified for the Champions League with a home-grown core and some savvy procurement of young, English talent, Dacourt represented the club moving on to another level. It was a brave new world, and Dacourt quickly adapted to it, demonstrating immediate evidence that he was a class above.

While Dacourt was brought in partly to compensate for the long-term injury absence of David Batty, in providing a solid anchor in midfield, the adaptability of his game was just as vital. When the talismanic Batty returned to fitness for the second half of the 2000/01 Champions League season, Dacourt tailored his game to suit, and the two forged a forbidding partnership that was vital in managing the cavalier spirit of O’Leary’s effervescent side.

Dacourt was an all-action ball-winner who played right on the edge of the referee’s patience, continually prowling the middle third with the mind-set of seeing how much he could get away with. But this is to underplay his creative value; a mixture of precise long and short passing, intelligent use of the ball and steely composure. It created a beautiful symbiosis with Batty that few teams in England or Europe could deal with, and which the more artistic and decisive elements of the Leeds team fully beneF***ed from.

It was one night in Rome that truly put Dacourt on a pedestal as a modern day great with many Leeds fans, as he almost single-handedly won the midfield in the Olympic Stadium during the epoch-defining 1-0 win over Lazio. Dacourt was muddied, exhausted but triumphant as he set the standard for valour and courage on the biggest stage. Batty was missing that night, but the two combined in a performance of similar majesty two months later, when Leeds demolished Anderlecht 4-1 in their own back yard.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-centurions-olivier-dacourt-15138657?1

Sluttet å lese etter det - Har de glemt Pierre Laurent??

Jon R

« Svar #5 på: September 13, 2018, 19:40:40 »

Ja helt utrolig, tenk å glemme han!!!  ::)
Jon R.

jaho

« Svar #6 på: September 13, 2018, 20:24:38 »

Ja helt utrolig, tenk å glemme han!!!  ::)

står vel også litt over det avsnittet at han var den første franske spilleren av betydning siden Cantona...og det stemmer jo bra.. ;)
« Siste redigering: September 13, 2018, 20:27:12 av jaho »

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #7 på: Oktober 03, 2019, 16:14:38 »
Phil Hay gav meg et hyggelig gjensyn med Dacourt. :)

https://theathletic.co.uk/1254337/2019/10/03/olivier-dacourt-interview/
(betalingsartikkel)

Jeg vil ikke lime inn en hel betalingsartikkel men tar noen smakebiter:

“We didn’t win anything,” he says. “That’s true and it’s a pity. I wish that we had. But as a team, we stay in the memory, don’t we? And maybe the memories are more important than trophies. Maybe they’re the best.

“You can laugh at me but you have teams who won trophies but nobody remembers them. Only the proper fans remember anything about them. If you say Leeds, everyone knows the Champions League. Everyone knows it. They know Leeds, they know 2001, they know what happened. In France, in Italy, people remember that team. I can tell you this for sure because I still have those conversations.”
….

There was a chemistry at Elland Road which worked, even if some of it was peculiar. Dacourt formed a midfield partnership with David Batty — full metal jacket in the centre of the pitch and the supply line to Harry Kewell, Mark Viduka, Lee Bowyer and Alan Smith — but for two years they hardly spoke; not because they disliked each other but simply because they didn’t speak. Batty was a little older and famously aloof. Dacourt saw no need to try to manufacture a close relationship.

“It was strange because we played in the same position and we didn’t have any problem,” Dacourt says. “For two years, we just didn’t talk. I can’t really say why. But what I liked was this: he doesn’t want to talk, I don’t want to talk. Fine. We’ve both got our habits. But when we get on the pitch, look at how we play. Look at what we do. At work, you’ve got people you love and some people you don’t say much to, but you get on with your job. That was us.
…

He describes O’Leary as “tough but very fair with me.” They would cross swords when O’Leary tried to rest Dacourt during the Champions League season but he can now see where the Irishman was coming from. “I’d be pissed, really angry, because I wanted to play in all the games,” Dacourt says. “I used to go to his office and ask ‘Why? Why do you do this?’ He thought I needed to take it easy sometimes and you know, he was right. When you’re young, you can be a bit stupid. I just wanted to play.”

O’Leary’s backroom team were appreciated too; Eddie Gray was “great” and Roy Aitken, the No 2, “a really cool guy”. The connection Dacourt felt with them was why he took it so hard when Venables replaced O’Leary out of the blue in 2002, changed the tone and began butting heads with Dacourt immediately. Their dislike of each other became so intense that Dacourt found himself sitting in the stands, an elite player watching Leeds try to fend off relegation.
…

“After, I went out with my wife and Rio and his wife. We were travelling in our cars, one behind each other, maybe driving a bit too close, so the police stopped us.

“They saw it was us and I remember what the police guy said, ‘Enjoy tonight and don’t do anything silly. You’ve done special things for us and we won’t forget it.’ He was so happy for us and for the club. If you ask me now, it’s still the thing I think about most at Leeds, the police officer looking so happy. Money doesn’t buy you that and nothing feels better. That’s what David and the team did — they made people happy.”
…

Leeds were in the middle of the criminal trial involving Bowyer and Jonathan Woodgate, and Dacourt has no doubt that the mood in the dressing room decayed because of it. Woodgate had been firm friends with Michael Duberry but the pair fell out when the latter gave evidence against Woodgate following a city-centre attack on an Asian student.

“I feel that process killed the atmosphere,” Dacourt says. “Definitely after a while. Maybe not at first but when they started the process (of the trial) properly, it got difficult.

“You could see it in the face of guys like Woody and Dubes. That’s the example I think of. They were always together before that. They were like best friends. Very, very close. But then the process starts and no, not anymore. They didn’t speak. Everyone found it tough.”
…

Dacourt is almost 10 years on from his retirement and five years short of his 50th birthday — enough to make any Leeds supporter feel their age. He looks the same as ever though and seems at peace with himself, relaxed in a black T-shirt and cap. He lives near Monaco but has made a second home of Le Royal Monceau. Staff and guests give him regular nods as we sit and chat.
…

But more than that, it was the players. So many crazy players. No one says too much about him but the best player I saw? Stephen McPhail. His left foot… it was so good. You ask me who I want to play with most, it’s him.”
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan