Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Gaetano Berardi  (Lest 130987 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Spiller: Gaetano Berardi
« Svar #120 på: Mars 01, 2017, 11:13:19 »
Fint stykke fra Hay om Berra, som han kalles internt.
At denne tidligere røde kluten nå bare har ett gult på 18 kamper viser at det nytter, uten å miste 'the edge' som han er så avhengig av i spillet sitt.

Også Hay skriver at Taylor virker lysten på å dra til sommeren, så Berardi kan bli viktig lenge ennå, han...

Leeds United: Berardi looks tailor-made to be a permanent fixture
Gaetano Berardi Phil Hay Email 22:09 Tuesday 28 February 2017 0 Have your say

Not too long ago, many would have thought Charlie Taylor would slip straight back into the side once clear of injury and fully fit, but the versatile Gaetano Berardi could take some shifting. Phil Hay reports. At the end of Saturday’s win over Sheffield Wednesday, Charlie Taylor felt the Elland Road turf under his feet for the first time in a while. There was no ball for him to kick in anger but his presence in the warm-down was a sign that Taylor is ready to step back into Leeds United’s ranks.

The defender trained last week without any reaction to the Achilles injury he suffered before Christmas, and Garry Monk, who considers Taylor to be as naturally fit as any other player at Leeds, will not expect him to linger on the fringes for much longer. “We have a plan for any player coming back from injury,” Monk said. “What he was doing on the pitch is part of his programme.” Taylor was ever-present in league matches before his injury, Monk’s established left-back and only natural option there aside from a fledgling Tyler Denton, but in what remains of his career with Leeds he might become the victim of Gaetano Berardi’s versatility and combustive defending. Berardi had left the field by the time Taylor was put through a series of sprints on Saturday but his performance against Sheffield Wednesday was that of a full-back who does not intend to be moved.

The story of Berardi’s career with United – now into its third season – is the story of a footballer who has never quite made himself stick in one position. Discipline was his problem initially and injury an issue latterly. A series of head coaches rated him a useful asset but swayed towards other first choices: Sam Byram and, more recently, Luke Ayling on the right side of defence and Taylor on the left. Berardi was the safety net, a reliable and adaptable tool for days when vacancies arose. The Square Ball, the popular Leeds fanzine, summed him up aptly last month with a cartoon depicting the 28-year-old as a Swiss Army knife.

Berardi saw that sketch and liked it so much that he asked for a copy. There is an appreciative relationship between the crowd at Elland Road and one of the quietest, least flamboyant members of Monk’s squad.When Berardi first signed from Sampdoria in 2014, one member of staff at Thorp Arch called him ‘the silent assassin’; short on small talk but in possession of a direct, piercing stare. From the earliest days football brought out his personality.“Berra is one of those professionals who gets on with his job,” Monk said. “You think he’s very quiet but underneath that there’s that edge you need.”

Berardi’s popularity was helped by him keeping his distance from the events of April 2015 when six of Leeds’ foreign players were unexpectedly declared injured before a game at Charlton Athletic. The withdrawals were seen as a challenge to the authority of Neil Redfearn, Leeds’ then head coach. Berardi had sustained an injury himself but made the journey to London while the six remained at home. “You could see he went right up in the other lads’ estimations,” Redfearn later told FourFourTwo.

Monk has been glad of Berardi’s professional streak since losing Taylor during a 1-0 win over Brentford on December 17. On Saturday he was glad of his edge. Berardi’s aggressive tackling and five interceptions helped Leeds through a derby in which the balance tipped back and forth. His display peaked with a sliding block to prevent Ross Wallace sticking the rebound away after Rob Green turned Jordan Rhodes’ 54th-minute penalty onto a post.Even Berardi could not resist a punch of celebration towards the Kop and a celebratory shove of Green’s chest.It added to his cross earlier in the game which laid on Chris Wood’s 23rd goal of the season but the attacking side of Berardi’s game is where Monk’s dilemma lies.

Statistically, Berardi is as defensively sound as Taylor and Ayling but offers less service from out wide. Monk’s hand might soon be forced in any case with Ayling and Kyle Bartley a yellow card away from suspensions. But it is still true that in the period of Taylor’s absence, he has not be gravely missed. “Considering it’s not Bera’s natural position, he’s done an incredible job covering for Charlie,” Monk said. Monk nonetheless rates Taylor and was adamant in January that Leeds should not be drawn into selling their reigning player-of-the-year. Taylor was injured throughout the transfer window and Leeds did not receive any tempting bids for him but there was little appetite for cashing in on a defender who is out of contract in the summer.United’s new co-owner, Andrea Radrizzani, bought into Leeds with the quiet hope of initiating discussions about Taylor’s future but the 23-year-old appears set on leaving when the season ends. Sources close to him believe a move to Liverpool is possible, although any club signing him will be forced to pay United compensation on account of his age.

Berardi, meanwhile, has another season on his deal and a position to fight for. He risked painting himself as a liability in his earliest days with Leeds, dismissed twice in his first four matches, but his disciplinary record this year is an example to others around him: 18 games and one yellow card, shown to him during January’s FA Cup win at Cambridge United.“This is the reality of a Premier League club,” he told the Swiss newspaper Corriere del Ticino in a recent interview. “The city lives and breathes football.” Berardi is proving himself to be no different.

Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-berardi-looks-tailor-made-to-be-a-permanent-fixture-1-8414651
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #121 på: Mars 01, 2017, 11:21:31 »
...også Hay nevnte denne gesten fra Berra etter strafferdningen :D :D :D

https://twitter.com/MoscowhiteTSB/status/836536113078611969

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Sydhagen

« Svar #122 på: Mars 01, 2017, 11:41:04 »
un-sung hero den godeste Berardi. Spiller med hjertet utenpå drakten og take no prisoners innstilling. like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Promotion 2010

« Svar #123 på: Juli 28, 2017, 20:03:34 »
https://www.thesquareball.net/leeds-united/i-have-to-give-everything-everywhere-tsb-meets-gaetano-berardi/

“I have to give everything, everywhere” — TSB Meets Gaetano Berardi

April 29, 2017
In 2016-17, Free, Issue 10, Leeds United, Subscribers by Moscowhite • Daniel Chapman

If there is one current Leeds United player you do not want to meet roaming the countryside on a dark night, it’s Gaetano Berardi.

After all, this is the player who, when he was at Sampdoria, was nicknamed The Werewolf, because of the way he changes when he’s near a football pitch.

‘Shy and reserved off,’ read one Sampdoria website, listing their players, via Google Translate. ‘Voracious and bloody inside. Two personalities living, two opposite poles attract, two souls come together overnight, just like a werewolf. This explains Gaetano Berardi near and far from the green rectangle of the pitch, his full moon.’

That’s what we saw when Berardi first came to Leeds. His debut was unforgettable, ending with a red card against Accrington as he executed one of the most beautifully chaotic attempts to tackle we’ve ever seen, chest height, using both legs to do… something. He was sent off again a few games later against Huddersfield, and since then we’ve seen him, blood pouring from his nose, out for revenge from Leon Best, and squaring up to the entire Huddersfield bench after David Wagner took on Garry Monk.

So if one dark and cloudless night, in the North Yorkshire countryside, you should glimpse Gaetano Berardi illuminated by a wicked moon, you may tremble, you may want to run, you may wonder if that’s an opponent’s leg he’s carrying in his hands.

And then, when he apologises politely for disturbing you, you’ll see he’s actually holding a camera.

“One of my hobbies is photography,” Berardi tells us, over a beer. “I like to take pictures of Roundhay Park while I walk my dogs, and the landscape, and the stars. In November I tried to take a photo of the Milky Way — I drove with my wife, forty-five minutes from Leeds, up towards Harrogate, to take a picture.”

This might not sound like the vicious maniac we’ve seen throwing himself into tackles and blocks, playing his heart out at left-back or right-back, teetering on a line between not being booked (he hasn’t all season) and outright murdering somebody. But after an hour-and-a-half in his company, it sounds absolutely typical of the quiet, unassuming guy who was so pleased with the illustrations depicting him in The Square Ball this season that he got in touch and offered to be interviewed for the magazine.

Gaetano Berardi, Leeds United • photograph by Lee Brown

That’s how we — Michael, Moscowhite and Oddy, plus photographer Lee Brown — came to be sat round a table in The Midnight Bell with Gaetano, chatting about this and that, and only realising later that we’d stopped him from watching the Champions League games on TV. It may have been different if his team, AC Milan, had been playing. At one point we asked if he knew much about Leeds United before he arrived. “Of course, because when they played AC Milan — I remember Dida!”

In person Berardi is quietly spoken, modest, intense but funny with it; when we ask who the biggest jokers at the club are, he says Luke Ayling and Marco Silvestri, and we ask who is the most serious, he says Rob Green, “And… me.” His English is considerably better than our Italian, and we’ve only had to smooth out a few parts of what follows to make sure the printed words convey what he said with his tone and gestures, when sometimes the language was difficult.

“We have to win the game, with heart or head”Gaetano Berardi
Language, as it turned out, is a relevant subject, when talking about Berardi’s three seasons at Leeds, although we started by asking about the years before, about leaving Lugano in Switzerland to move to Italy and the academy at Brescia, aged just sixteen — “It was difficult to leave my family and friends,” says Berardi. “But it was what I wanted to do.”

At first Berardi was a winger, but after a week at Brescia, he became a full-back, where he has played ever since.

“Always. Normally the full-back is the shit player on the team, yeah? My first time in Brescia, when I was sixteen, I was a winger. I had played as a winger in Lugano. First week of pre-season at the academy, the manager said, ‘No, no, you’re not a winger, you have to go to right-back. You have not got the good qualities to be a winger, so go back.’”

And that’s when the goals stopped.

“I’ve never scored. Serious. Never scored.”

When was your last goal? we ask.

“My last goal? I’ve never scored!” He burst out laughing, and agreed that yes, he had scored at the academy, but his last goal must be ten or eleven years ago. “I’ve tried to! I’m trying to score. But I need a good moment to score.”

From Brescia Berardi moved to Sampdoria, one of Italy’s biggest clubs, and helped them win promotion from Serie B.

“It’s a big club, an important club. The fans are good, they always help the team with the game. But they have a lot of pressure. For me, the only problem they have is, Sampdoria won the league twenty-five years ago, got to the Champions League final, and they still have that mentality now, when now Sampdoria is not the most important club in Italy. So maybe they need to use another mentality. I don’t know, I left three years ago, so maybe they’ve changed. But when I played there, I remember the first six months in Serie B, the staff and the people working at the club acted like they were AC Milan. It’s not the best thing.

“It’s like Leeds, Leeds played in the Champions League, the Premier League, but now the mentality of Leeds is the Championship, so it’s good. If you are in the Championship but have a Premier League mentality, it’s difficult, because you lose two games and you’re gone. So you have to play, all the club, you have to play with the mentality of the Championship.”

It’s about being where you are, we suggest. “Yeah, that’s it. If you come to Leeds thinking about, ‘I am a Premier League player and I play for Leeds, so it’s easy’ — it’s not like that. If someone has this mentality, it’s not a good mentality.”

When Berardi did come to Leeds, life definitely wasn’t easy, and it would be hard to describe the mentality — during the short lived management of Dave Hockaday — as anything other than non-league. Berardi had dropped out of the team at Sampdoria and, as his agent knew Leeds’ sporting director Nicola Salerno, he took a pay cut and took the chance of moving to Elland Road.

“I didn’t know English football. So when I met Hockaday, the first week, I said, ‘Okay, so this is a typical English manager? Strange!’ But he was a good man. I can’t speak much about just one month.”

It wasn’t an easy start for Berardi. By the end of October, his stats read eight games, two red cards, and three managers. As Darko Milanic disappeared to his garden, we wondered if Berardi felt like moving to Leeds had been a mistake.

“No. All my life I always had bad situations, like all people. And in a bad situation, I try to change it to a positive situation. And after those games, one important thing was that there were three or four Italian players that helped me a little bit more in that moment. After that, I just try to do my best like always. I never thought that this was a bad choice.”

Berardi did realise, though, that he couldn’t keep getting sent off.

“Against Accrington… I remember the tackle, but I don’t remember why I did it! I don’t remember because sometimes when I play, I have two or three minutes, when I don’t understand anything. I remember the last ten minutes in that game, we were winning, and they were attacking, so it was a little bit hard.

“I can tell you this now. I played all my career, until my first season in Leeds, with too much aggression. Last season and this season I changed a little bit. Because English football is very physical, a lot of strong players, I needed to change, because if I didn’t change then maybe after that I have more games the same as Accrington or Huddersfield. A lot of yellow cards, a lot of red cards. And I think in the career of all players, after six or seven years, you change a little bit. You are a man, you know? And I need to change this, because for me it was wasting energy.

“The only one person who said this to me was my wife. She likes to watch my games, and she said, ‘I don’t know why, but you’ve changed, you don’t play like you used to. I didn’t like to watch you always tackling, I didn’t like to see you like that.’ She helped me. Sometimes it’s good to make a good tackle and be aggressive, but to leave the team with ten men isn’t good.”

« Siste redigering: Juli 28, 2017, 20:09:47 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #124 på: Juli 28, 2017, 20:05:19 »
Forts...

That change has helped Berardi stay out of trouble and stay on the pitch, although it hasn’t always been easy, and the aggressive edge is still there if ever he needs it; like when Leon Best swung an elbow at Berardi’s nose, smashing it across his face, then had to face Berardi, who didn’t take the blow lying down.

“Against Rotherham? Was crazy, that. Because I was sent off against Rotherham at home, I got a big fine from the club for the red card. I spoke with the manager, Steve Evans, he said, ‘Why did you do that? Why did you leave your teammates?’ I said, I know, but I know when a player makes this, maybe just a movement, you know? And Leon Best, he watched me before, and did it. So, if it happened tomorrow, I’d do the same again, so I pay again a fine.

“The other one against Rotherham, when I punched the ground, it was because the player, Matt Derbyshire, it was not like Leon Best. So that’s why I only punched the ground. I had to punch something! But now, when there is a moment like that, I just count to ten.”

Was he counting to ten at Huddersfield when David Wagner ran on the pitch, and four of their players came face to face with one raging Berardi?

“Ha, I just watched Pontus start to go over there. And I thought, why not?”

It wasn’t only his playing style that was difficult for Berardi in his first season. The only way to describe 2014/15 at Leeds is chaos; not only were managers coming and going, but players were leaving and arriving in enormous numbers, seemingly at Massimo Cellino’s whim. Liam Cooper, Billy Sharp, Nicky Ajose and Stuart Taylor were the domestic arrivals, but looking back now, the number of players arriving from overseas was ludicrous. Along with Berardi, add Bellusci, Doukara, Sloth, Antenucci, Silvestri, Cani, Berardi, N’Goyi, Montenegro, Adryan, Del Fabro, Benedicic and Bamba.

“I had to punch something!”Gaetano Berardi
Cellino’s idea was obvious: players from the Italian second tier would boss the English second tier. But Berardi soon saw the difference. “For me, ten teams in the Championship can play in Serie A,” he says. And how many Serie B teams could play in the Championship. “Maybe two or three.”

Then there were the language and cultural problems, as a huge number of players, several very young, tried to adapt to life in a different country, in a league where several were out of their depth, at a club that didn’t seem to know what it was doing.

“It was hard,” says Berardi. “I’m sure if five or six players from England go to a team in Italy, it would be the same. So the first months were very difficult. Never speak together, problems in training sessions, so it was difficult for the manager as well. It was, explain once, and if you understand, okay, if you don’t understand, it’s your problem.

“Sometimes when we have a few problems, especially in the first season, maybe I wanted to tell you something, but I don’t know English, so you think I’m saying something else. You start to, not to fight, but it’s not good. Darko Milanic, I don’t remember how long he stayed, but it was not easy for him, and it was not easy for us, because we changed the manager several times. He came here and there were two groups, Italian players and English players, and he tried to work together, but it was impossible. So it was difficult for everybody.

“The second season was better. We just needed time. Last season we had only four or five Italian players, so it was much better. The first season was learning for the second season, so the English players started to understand the Italian players, and it was very good. We’d go out for dinner, eat something together, it was much better.”

“I want to win every game, so if I have to make a strong tackle, I do it”Gaetano Berardi
It got better, but not before it got worse. The away trip to Charlton in April 2015 was one of the too-frequent nadirs of Leeds United’s recent history, a moment when the divisions in the squad spread and split the players from the fans. Some of the players, anyway. Six of them, citing injuries, refused to travel to play Charlton, in what many fans believed was a player-protest as part of an increasingly bizarre dispute Massimo Cellino was having with caretaker manager Neil Redfearn. Berardi was not one of them. He was thought to be carrying a genuine injury, but went to the game anyway and sat on the bench.

“A few players had a few problems, they had injuries,” says Berardi. “But not all the players. Two or three were injured. The other ones had a problem with the manager, so they took the decision. I don’t want to say names, because it’s not good.

“Me? I was very close to making a mistake. Because in that game, I don’t remember how many games I played in before, but in that game I was on the bench. I was not injured. I read a lot of websites that say, ‘Berardi goes with the team, but he has an injury.’ I was not injured, I was on the bench because Redfearn wanted to put me on the bench.

“So, it was not good, but I decided to go anyway, because in my head, I don’t listen to the other ones. It’s not a problem if you’re not picked to play a game. It’s not good, but I go anyway. I’m fit, so I have to go. It was difficult, but it’s my job, and I want to do my job right.”

Did the players that didn’t go regret what happened?

“They understood afterwards, it was a mistake. Not everyone, because some of them had injuries. But the others, it was a mistake. And that’s happened, it’s gone. After that, the players who are here now, have shown they are professional.

“I can tell you, I had a lot of problems, like the other Italian players. I always try to leave that, focus on my job, and to be professional. There are some players, like Balotelli for example, he’s a very good player, he knows he’s a good player, so he can do whatever he wants. Some players can do that. But some players, that are, ‘I’m a good player, I can do whatever I want’, it’s not good. I don’t think that, because I know my limits.

“I know I don’t have the same quality as other players, so I have to give everything, everywhere. In the dressing room, in training sessions, in the hotel when we play away, everywhere: my best. I have to be, I have to manage positive everywhere, everything. With my teammates and the staff, because I need this, I need to feel positivity from the rest of the group. Because if I start to create problems, it’s not good.”

We talked about a time at Sampdoria when Berardi was out of the team, and he began taking a GoPro camera with him to games, filming from the bench and in the changing rooms, and on the pitch before and after games — he edited the clips together to show to the squad at the end of the season, and posted it on YouTube. We thought it was a creative way to deal with being out of the side, but to Berardi, it’s the kind of thing he wouldn’t do now he’s grown up a little.

“Because it’s not professional to make a film,” he says. “I could do it, because if I want to make a GoPro, I go to Cellino with a GoPro, I do it. I’m not scared about Cellino, I’m not scared about a manager, anyone. But I just want to be professional. Because I know my limits. I know what I can do for my team.”

That attitude has helped Berardi this season, after a tough start. He was injured for most of the summer, missing pre-season, then injured again in the first day’s collapse at QPR; Luke Ayling was signed, and some wondered if Berardi would soon be leaving. Instead he stepped in at left-back when Charlie Taylor was injured, and, out of position, played himself into contention to this season’s Player of the Year awards. Previously, Sam Byram, one of our most highly rated young players of recent years, had a hard time getting his place ahead of Berardi; this year, another of the best young players in the division has struggled to get back into the side at left-back, and one of Leeds United’s most popular new signings is by no means secure at right-back.

“It’s good when you have a challenge like that,” says Berardi. “With good players, it’s always good. And every year there is a challenge, so I just try to do my best, like I tried last season, and in my first season. And now, I don’t like to see my teammate when he doesn’t play. Because I understand, because I did a lot of benches, I understand what it means. For Charlie, this is a bad moment now, not just because he doesn’t play, but because he has had an injury for a long time, so it’s not a good moment. But he has to be positive, and to be like he has been until his injury. Maybe for me to think this is a mistake, because maybe I will have to go to the bench — but that’s my problem.”

After years of wariness and mixed feeling about our own club’s players, that attitude is music to a Leeds fans’ ears. The improved attitude throughout the team has been tangible, and felt like part of the overall contribution Garry Monk and his staff have made to the club this season.

“Like the season before, we started with the target to try to go to the play-offs,” says Berardi. “I know the fans and the city want the Premier League, because Leeds is a big club. But when we started the season what Monk said was, the most important thing was we have to play game by game. Because if we try to see the end of the season, it’s difficult. That was the mistake with the two seasons before.

“With his mentality, we started to play with his ideas to play football. Try to be positive and be focused, game by game. We started with a few problems, we lost a few players, and it was not a good moment in August. We started to win a few games in September, and we felt a good energy from everything. From staff, from each other, from the fans. And from that point we kept the energy.”

We also kept the manager, something the club struggled to do in Berardi’s first two seasons. Did he ever think Monk was under pressure?

“Maybe at the beginning, the first period, I think so, because Cellino is a little crazy, yeah? But after that moment, everything was great. It’s normal. The problem was, the last two seasons, Cellino managed with a strange mentality — because he doesn’t like to change managers, but the thing he did was change managers. I think maybe last season, with Monk, after one month, gone, probably. This season, Cellino left him to work, was patient. And he took a step behind. So Monk had a lot of time to work better with the players.

“Every week he prepares the next game, a lot about the next team. You know everything about the team you have to play. What you have to do, how they play, their movement, everything. It’s good.

“With Pep Clotet and James Beattie, they work together in everything. Pep is really good at set pieces. James for striker work — movement for the striker, crosses and finishing. He helped Wood, because he needed to be confident, Chris. He has to be important. You feel you are an important player, you feel much better. Strikers have a strange mentality! But he’s doing very well.”

The whole team has been doing very well. This season Berardi has been a big part of one of the best Leeds United teams we’ve watched for years, and an integral part of one of our best songs for ages: ‘Luke Ayling and Berardi, Pontus Jansson, Kyle Bartley.’ It’s fitting that, while we might sing about Pontus’ magic hat, fans have been paying tribute to collectives of players, and not just individuals.

“I don’t like to see my teammate when he doesn’t play, because I understand”Gaetano Berardi
“It’s good because when I have to play a game, I look at my teammates, and it’s a good team,” says Berardi. “I’m confident to play with Pontus on my right or Kyle on my left, or Bridcutt, Greeny. It’s nice, we’re confident, we can start a game positive. And they have good experience, they have strong mentality, that’s good for a team.

“We know the target, we know what we need to do. The manager and his staff work every day about this mentality, so from the beginning it was like that, although at the beginning it was difficult with new players. I want to win every game, so if I have to make a strong tackle, I do it. Pontus the same, Kyle the same, Charlie the same. Charlie, if he has to run twenty times in five minutes to cross, he’ll do it. Luke, same. That’s just the back four. The other ones, the same. That’s good.

“I remember a few games when we didn’t play so well. Blackburn away, not a good game, but we won last minute, because we wanted to win. Newcastle, last minute. Maybe other teams in the play-off places [we’re talking before the Burton game] have more quality, I don’t know, maybe. But I’m sure we have big heart, from beginning to now. That makes a difference. We have to keep going with this mentality, because when we can’t play well, we have to win in other things. We have to find something else to win the game, with heart or head.”

Which sounds a lot like something you’ll hear Howard Wilkinson or Gordon Strachan say in Do You Want To Win?, the new film celebrating the teams of 1989-92 (that our Moscowhite wrote). We spoke to Berardi a week before the premiere, so this talk was coincidence, or just a sign that Berardi ‘gets’ Leeds. Another sign was at the premiere, where Berardi was noticed by the several hundred Leeds fan in attendance, because he wasn’t hidden away in a private room, but was sat out in public in the cheapest seats, after getting himself a ticket to help celebrate his friend Anthony’s father’s 75th birthday.

It’s not only life at the club that is suiting Berardi, but life in the city. He hadn’t been to The Midnight Bell before he joined us there, but as a city centre resident, he likes going to The Cross Keys and Headrow House, is a fan of the ale they’re brewing in Holbeck at Northern Monk, and keen to try new places. His wife works as a receptionist at a restaurant in the city centre, “Because she doesn’t like to stay at home all day. She’s an interior designer, and she tried to find a job here, but it’s difficult with the language. So with this job, now she speaks it much better, and it will be good for her future.

“Sometimes she works in the afternoon, so I go home after training, relax, watch TV. Sometimes she doesn’t work, and we go to the city centre for a walk, or take our dogs to Roundhay Park.” Which is where the photography happens — during the day, at least.

Even at night, though, there’s nothing to fear from Berardi. He might not be scared of anyone or anything, but that doesn’t mean there’s any reason to be scared of him. The intensity is there. But so is the wish to lead a nice, normal life, in a city that feels like home, enjoying what he does and doing the very best he can. It just so happens that what Gaetano Berardi does, and enjoys doing, is playing football, which isn’t always easy, and clearly hasn’t been easy for Berardi at Leeds United over the last three years. But when giving your best gets rewards, being a footballer is a good thing to be.

“I like winning games,” says Berardi. “After a game, when all the crowd is clapping the team, people are happy, teammates are happy. You go in the dressing room relaxed, talking about the game with your teammates. And when we score, I love to celebrate. I never score, but I love to celebrate.

“When I finish my career I will be proud to say I played for Leeds, because it’s an incredible club. Year after year I can understand everything more, I can understand what it means for the people, and what it means for the club.”
« Siste redigering: Juli 28, 2017, 20:08:13 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #125 på: August 08, 2017, 17:31:41 »
Signert ny 3-års kontrakt.

✍️ #LUFC are pleased to announce that defender Gaetano Berardi has signed a new 3 year contract.

Sydhagen

« Svar #126 på: August 08, 2017, 17:47:30 »
Signert ny 3-års kontrakt.

✍️ #LUFC are pleased to announce that defender Gaetano Berardi has signed a new 3 year contract.

Good news!
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

auren

« Svar #127 på: August 08, 2017, 18:13:09 »
Pontus med hjertevarmende hilsen til sin lagkompis:

Pontus Jansson‏ @PJansson5 4m4 minutes ago

Pontus Jansson Retweeted Leeds United

One of the best persons I ever met during my career and easily the one with the biggest heart! Complimenti fratello! ❤

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #128 på: August 08, 2017, 19:59:12 »

BERARDI COMMITS FUTURE TO LEEDS
Leeds United are pleased to announce full-back Gaetano Berardi has signed a new three year deal with the club.

The fresh terms agreed by the Swiss defender, means Berardi who can play at both right and left back, will remain at Elland Road until at least the end of the 2019/20 season.

Berardi joined Leeds from Italian outfit Sampdoria in 2014 and has gone on to become a cult hero at the club, due to his energetic and passionate performances.

The 28 year-old has made a total of 83 appearances for the Whites, with his latest coming in last weekend’s 3-2 victory over Bolton Wanderers.

He becomes the latest player to sign a new contract with the club in the last seven days, following Kalvin Phillips and Tyler Denton.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #129 på: August 08, 2017, 20:06:05 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #130 på: August 22, 2017, 23:45:43 »
Zak Lewis‏ @ZakLewis17  2m
2 minutes ago
Good news is, saw him and Berardi before the game and Berardi said he should be back in 10 days or so
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #131 på: September 21, 2017, 18:27:33 »
Der ord er unødvendig!

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Sydhagen

« Svar #132 på: September 21, 2017, 22:07:49 »
Der ord er unødvendig!

Fantastisk bilde. En spiller som blør for Leeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sydhagen

« Svar #133 på: September 22, 2017, 18:57:08 »
Er det innafor å si at man elsker denne spilleren?  ;D
Denne mannen ER Leeds!

Bjorn

« Svar #134 på: September 22, 2017, 19:04:00 »
Denne mannen ER Leeds!

På druen?  Neida. Helt innafor!  :)
Marching On! 4276

baste

« Svar #135 på: September 22, 2017, 19:19:35 »
Har stor sans for Berardi. Han bør brukes på venstre foran lånespiller fra Man U.
Muligens foran Anita og, bare så det er sagt

MOT

Jon R

« Svar #136 på: September 22, 2017, 19:45:43 »
Denne mannen ER Leeds!

På druen?  Neida. Helt innafor!  :)
De som ikke har lest dybdeintervjuene med han tidligere i denne tråden bør ta seg tid. Dette er en 110 % profesjonell spiller fra a til å. Interessant lesning fra Cellino & Redfearntiden.  :)
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #137 på: November 07, 2017, 16:42:22 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #138 på: November 07, 2017, 16:44:50 »
Det kan se ut som om antall røde kort har falt ut i den oversikten...  ;)
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #139 på: Januar 07, 2018, 15:58:57 »
Goals scored in 2018:

Lionel Messi: 0
Cristiano Ronaldo: 0
Harry Kane: 0
Gaetano Berardi: 1

#lufc
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #140 på: Januar 07, 2018, 19:13:26 »
Steve Lawrence

January 7th
Remember the date
Berardi scored
To end the wait
But once again
We’re out of the cup
Typical Leeds
We f**ked it up

#lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #141 på: Januar 07, 2018, 19:16:31 »
Leeds Everywhere

Gaetano Berardi becomes #lufc top scorer in this seasons #FACup a record that won’t be broken! Also top scorer in 2018 for the club! #Berra

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Dennis

« Svar #142 på: Januar 08, 2018, 13:38:56 »
Mange i dagens stall kan lære av Berardi.

Han er ikke den beste backen i ligaen (by far) og ved et opprykk blir det raskt en squad- eller fringesspiller, men han er ydmyk og gir alltid 100%.
Hadde resten av laget alltid gitt sitt ytterste, hadde vi sett noe annet. Dessverre er det for mange i Leedstrøye som bruker strutsetaktikken i motgang.
Marching on together!

jackbauer68

• Gjest
« Svar #143 på: Januar 08, 2018, 13:44:09 »
Mange i dagens stall kan lære av Berardi.

Han er ikke den beste backen i ligaen (by far) og ved et opprykk blir det raskt en squad- eller fringesspiller, men han er ydmyk og gir alltid 100%.
Hadde resten av laget alltid gitt sitt ytterste, hadde vi sett noe annet. Dessverre er det for mange i Leedstrøye som bruker strutsetaktikken i motgang.

Enig. Av de grunner er Berardi pr. dags dato muligens den viktigste spilleren vi har. I en lagdel som fungerer bra. Så dette maset om ny venstreback er eg lei av. Ja, kanskje ikkje god nok i PL, men mer enn god nok nå.

RoarG

« Svar #144 på: Januar 08, 2018, 14:27:14 »
Leeds Everywhere

Gaetano Berardi becomes #lufc top scorer in this seasons #FACup a record that won’t be broken! Also top scorer in 2018 for the club! #Berra
8)
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #145 på: Januar 11, 2018, 19:06:56 »
Berardi blir bare bedre og bedre!

..Berardi scores we're on the pitch...

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #146 på: Januar 13, 2018, 01:56:19 »
Berardi på Instagram

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Torpe-do

« Svar #147 på: Januar 13, 2018, 02:01:37 »
Berra ftw!
(Kult)legend in the coming!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JacobScreek

• På juniorlaget
  • *** LEEDS UTD - the greatest team in the world***
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #148 på: Januar 13, 2018, 02:36:26 »
Sterkt!

We are Leeds...MOT!!!  ;D
There's only ONE United - LEEDS UNITED!
MOT...

TK20

« Svar #149 på: Januar 13, 2018, 08:02:12 »
Moscow på twitter:

On Berardi/Ayling; when we met GB to sign calendars last week, he was worried Ayling might be out for a few weeks.

Like a fool, I said that'd at least give GB some games at RB — he'd said he enjoyed it vs Forest.

"No," he told me, stern. "We need Ayling in the team."