Skrevet av Emne: Treningskamp: Swindon vs Leeds United, @ County Ground, 29/7 2014, kl 20.45  (Lest 12633 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Kato

Video?

Promotion 2010

Leeds fans react as new signing shines in friendly win over Swindon Town

0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Stephen Pickering
8 minutes ago

Leeds United supporters were left excited over the impact of Tommaso Bianchi in their 2-1 win over League One side Swindon Town.

Leeds United put a young and inexperienced Swindon side to the sword yesterday as they looked to put a disappointing week in the East Midlands behind them.

Last week, the Whites failed to record a win in their trips to both Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire and the negativity amongst supporters began to rear its ugly head. Nottinghamshire-based Mansfield Town proved too much for Leeds in a shock 2-0 win and Hockaday’s men had two penalty calls to thank in their 2-2 draw with last season’s League Two champions Chesterfield Town.

The next match on the list for Leeds, Swindon Town, looked to be another tough opponent for the Yorkshire side. However, for all their faults shown in the previous two friendlies Hockaday’s men were able to put the performance right on the night and ease some of the concerns ahead of the new season.

The match itself was far from a classic but the determination shown by the Leeds United team to get their foot on the ball and work as a unit must have been pleasing for Hockaday to see after the previous two matches, and it wasn’t long until the performance paid its rewards.

Bianchi, who was played in the number 10 role, instigated the move with a clever flick that found Doukara who played in Morison for an easy tap-in and put Leeds on their way to victory.

Swindon, not long after Leeds’ opener, found an equaliser through Michael Smith in the 31st minute, but a second-half Rudy Austin penalty earned Leeds United a deserved victory in the South West of England.

After the match, although credited as a good team performance, the emphasis was on Leeds’ star man in the game Tommaso Bianchi who showed a great range of passing and creativity and ultimately opened the door for Leeds United to win their first pre-season match against Football League opposition.

The post-match report in the Yorkshire Evening Post commented on the player's performance, writing: ‘Throughout the team, the cohesion and ability seemed unrecognisable. Bianchi’s passing was more Pirlo than Parlous.’

:)

A statement verified by many Leeds United supporters singing the attack-minded midfielder’s praises after the game:

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/07/30/sp-leeds-fans-react-as-new-signing-shines-in-friendly-win-over-s/

Its reassuring to hear Bianchi and Doukara have stood out tonight. #lufc.

— Samuel L Jackson (@samjackson23) July 29, 2014

Bianchi, who officially signed for Leeds on the 12th July, has a good reputation in Italy and will be keen to show off his ability in the Championship in 10-days time.

He, along with a few other of Cellino's signings, are earmarked as 'dark horses' for the upcoming Championship campaign and if he can keep that level of ability up against Championship opposition then he may well be Leeds United's talisman for next season.

What do you make of Bianchi
« Siste redigering: Juli 30, 2014, 11:30:06 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

Leeds United: Hockaday hails a good team effort

by Phil Hay
Published on the
30 July

Leeds United head coach David Hockaday said he was hopeful his squad were beginning to reverse the “flak and negativity” surrounding them after a vastly improved performance yielded a win at Swindon Town last night.

The United head coach claimed his plans were “coming together” with a week-and-a-half of pre-season remaining and predicted that his group of players would exceed the meagre expectations of them when the Championship season begins away at Millwall.

Goals from Steve Morison, who was roundly jeered by United’s crowd at Chesterfield on Saturday, and Rodolph Austin gave Leeds a 2-1 victory over a young Swindon team at the County Ground, their first win against Football League opposition this summer.

New signings Souleymane Doukara and Tommaso Bianchi shone in a changed line-up and Leeds’ display in Wiltshire dampened criticism of them which grew during a recent defeat to Mansfield Town and a 2-2 draw at Chesterfield.

Hockaday said: “Inch by inch we’re getting better. It’s a step in the right direction but only that.

“We’re nowhere near where I want us to be and we don’t have a lot of time before the Millwall game but we’re looking like a team. It’s coming together and it needs to come together.

“I honestly think we’ll surprise a few people. People will be surprised by how good some of the players in my squad are. I’m the eternal optimist but even I didn’t expect what I’m getting from some of them.

“There’s been so much flak and negativity and all I want to do is to get us playing properly, honestly and positively. I want some positivity round here. The way we play is our way, the Leeds way.”

United are continuing to push for new signings with the season approaching and are attempting to finalise deals for Roma midfielder Tommaso Viviani and AC Milan’s Zan Benedicic.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Reviesboys
9:50 AM on 30/07/2014
Doukara had a very good game last night can not believe he did not get more of a mention, passed well good positional sense a few good flicks,
from a throw in tight on the line turned quickly and hit a 25yrd ball to one of our players unmarked on the 18yrd box and managed to keep going for nearly 88mins. Byram looked good had a few moans at his team mates as they left him isolated a few times as he wanted them closer, but made a change to see the ball on the floor most of the match. Defence still looks our weak point there goal was comedy as all our players rushed one way as the ball went the other straight to an unmarked player 6 yrds out.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Kato

Promo , du kommer jo fram med litt av hvert. Bilder fra i går?

Promotion 2010

Promo , du kommer jo fram med litt av hvert. Bilder fra i går?

Leter etter det ja. Straffen ligger i kamp tråden, men vises ikke på alle pc'er.

Prøver litt til. ☺
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Rudi G.

• Gjest
Highlights ute på LUTV nå...

Venter spent på analysen til Kato, fine kombinasjoner på våre mål, ball-watching så det holder på målet i mot  :D
« Siste redigering: Juli 30, 2014, 20:35:53 av Rudi G. »