Skrevet av Emne: Spiller: Lewis Walters  (Lest 6701 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Spiller: Lewis Walters
« på: Juli 28, 2014, 19:46:37 »
Lewis Walters var 'årets funn' på pre season-turnèen og fortjener egen tråd nå (håper ikke karrieren går i dass pga skade nå da...)

Etter flere opptredener der han bl.a. imponerte Eddie Gray ble han (relativt alvorlig) skadet i forrige uke, og derav kom tweeten jeg egentlig ville poste (men manglet tråd å poste den i ;) )
Man vet ennå ikke om han trenger operasjon:
leon wobschall ‏@LeonWobYP  Â· 44m  
Awaiting for full prognosis re Walters, which might be more serious. Will know more in next few days #lufc

« Siste redigering: Mars 10, 2015, 15:34:16 av Promotion 2010 »
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

Sv: Ung spiller: Lewis Walters
« Svar #1 på: Juli 28, 2014, 21:49:12 »
Hockaday has also revealed that the club will know more about the extent of Lewis Walters’ injury in the next few days, with the young striker having suffered a potentially serious knee cartilage problem.

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2 på: Juli 31, 2014, 18:34:09 »
Fra The Hocks pressekonferanse i dag:

Hay
Sounds like Lewis Walters will be going for an operation on his knee. Likely to be out for two to three months. #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Xern

« Svar #3 på: August 01, 2014, 01:40:29 »
Fra The Hocks pressekonferanse i dag:

Hay
Sounds like Lewis Walters will be going for an operation on his knee. Likely to be out for two to three months. #lufc

Synd for en spiller jeg ønsket å se i Leedsdrakta på A-laget i år  :-[
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Promotion 2010

« Svar #4 på: August 16, 2014, 15:35:12 »
Lewis Walters
@lewiswalterss: Nothing worse than watching football when your injured!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

sportcarl1

« Svar #5 på: August 16, 2014, 15:40:47 »
Lewis Walters
@lewiswalterss: Nothing worse than watching football when your injured!
(liten tröst) kanske att  de vann :D

Andersen

« Svar #6 på: August 16, 2014, 15:49:19 »
Håper han kommer tilbake på banen i godt gammelt slag !  :-[

Promotion 2010

« Svar #7 på: Januar 15, 2015, 16:49:14 »
Hadde sin første trening i dag etter skaden i pre-season!

lewis walters @lewiswalterss 
  ·   1 t  for 1 time siden   
First day back In training today
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Gufrias

« Svar #8 på: Januar 15, 2015, 18:34:57 »
Det var lange to-tre måneder
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Promotion 2010

« Svar #9 på: Februar 05, 2015, 16:49:23 »
Redfearn:

@PhilHayYEP: Lewis Walters is obviously back fit now but Redfearn said Aidan White has undergone another operation on his ankle. #lufc
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #10 på: Februar 11, 2015, 22:38:33 »
Young striker makes comeback from injury

Lewis Walters made his return for Leeds United from a long-term injury for the development squad this afternoon.

Walters was impressing during pre-season before a knee injury in the friendly at Mansfield Town has kept him sidelined until recently.,

The 19-year-old completed 60 minutes on his return against Sheffield United as the development squad went down to a 2-1 defeat.

Kalvin Phillips was on target for Leeds in the defeat in a game that also saw the return of fellow youngster Afolabi Coker from long-term injury.

First team outcast Adryan also completed the 90 minutes for Leeds. The young Brazilian hasn`t featured for the first team since the FA Cup defeat at Sunderland last month and he has made just 12 appearances for the club since his arrival in the summer.

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=388404#ixzz3RTVGfqMu
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #11 på: Februar 15, 2015, 22:19:57 »
Neste akademispiller som tar steget opp.....?

Lewis Walters is stepping up his return to fitness and looks set to feature in the Leeds first-team.

Leeds United have a fine reputation for developing young players and that is no different now. The club have plenty of home grown talent in the squad at the moment. The likes of Sam Byram, Lewis Cook and Alex Mowatt are all regulars and in recent weeks Charlie Taylor has proved himself worthy of a first-team place.

The next name on that list might just be Lewis Walters.

The flying forward, who can play through the middle or out wide, is just 19-years-old but Neil Redfearn thinks very highly of his talent. Yesterday, although not officially named on the bench for the game with millwall, Walters was the 16th man in the Leeds group for yesterday's game. He participated in the pre-match warm-up and it seems he is nearing a first-team berth, after a spell out with a knee injury.

Talking to BBC Radio Leeds, as reported by Vital Football, Redfearn made it clear he is looking forward to having him as a viable option:

"He is very close to being involved.

"He will play on Tuesday against Sheffield Wednesday for the under-21s but I thought it would still be too much for him at this moment in time having just come back from a bad injury.

"He played against Sheffield United last week and he is different. He is part of the group of top youngsters coming through and he will give us something different."

Walters then will face Sheffield Wednesday for the under-21s this week and the future looks bright for him at Elland Road under Neil Redfearn, who is clearly looking to give the youth a chance at Leeds United.

Walters might just be next on that list.
Super Leeds since 1968

Jon R

« Svar #12 på: Februar 15, 2015, 23:00:09 »
Gleder meg til å se mer av han her.  :)
Jon R.

Runar

« Svar #13 på: Februar 15, 2015, 23:49:58 »
Gleder meg til å se mer av han her.  :)

Spennende å se om han er noe god og om han får muligheten, han er jo ingen target spiss som tydeligvis er det en må være for å spille spiss i Leeds nå, da er han vel mest aktuell på en kant.

Kontrakten hans går ut til sommeren...

Promotion 2010

« Svar #14 på: Februar 18, 2015, 12:41:41 »
@WYSdaily: #lufc youngster Lewis Walters says that having former academy coach Neil Redfearn in charge of the first team has been a massive boost.

@WYSdaily: Walters: "He knows me better than anyone at the club and that's why he's given me this opportunity in the (development squad) again."

@APOPEY: #lufc AUDIO: Lewis Walters out to make his mark at Leeds. https://t.co/6s1MmKuhMy via @audioBoom

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #15 på: Februar 19, 2015, 09:49:55 »
Leeds United: Walters is waiting in wings for debut

Lewis Walters.
by Phil Hay
Updated on the
19 February
08:12
Published 19/02/2015 00:00
Print this

Sponsored by

3 comments
Have your say!

Talented teenager Lewis Walters is tantalisingly close to making his Leeds United first-team debut after recovering from injury on the back of a six-month rehabilitation programme. Phil Hay reports.

Lewis Walters knows that in this climate and with this head coach he’d have made his Leeds United debut by now.

He would have made it, were it not for the injury in July that set his development back six months.

The 19-year-old was as involved in the club’s pre-season friendlies as his contemporary, Lewis Cook, but the difference between them was that Cook made it through the summer unscathed.

Walters had one leg in a cast as the Championship term got underway.

He remembers the incident leading to his injury as wholly innocuous.

Walters was 25 minutes into a 2-0 defeat at Mansfield Town when he tweaked his knee and called for treatment.

In the absence of any severe pain he played on for a few minutes before collapsing in Mansfield’s box after jumping to head a corner kick.

The damage to cartilage required surgery and Walters has hardly kicked a ball since.

His outing in Tuesday’s development-squad game against Sheffield Wednesday was his first 90-minute appearance for, well, longer than he can remember.

And so it begins again: the patient wait for his chance to come.

Walters is optimistic that it will.

He has several reasons to think so. The striker made the bench for Leeds’ 4-1 defeat at Bournemouth last March and has been on the cusp of the first team for the best part of a year.

Neil Redfearn, United’s head coach, worked with him in the academy and is fast-tracking prospect after prospect from the development side.

Walters is not presumptuous but Redfearn would say that the teenager’s debut is an inevitability.

“I think I’d definitely have had my opportunity already if I’d stayed fit,” Walters said.

“I was doing really well in the summer and when I started against Mansfield I thought ‘I’ve got a really good chance here.’

“It’s strange because at first I didn’t think anything of the injury.

“I was running, I twisted and my knee clicked twice.

“I thought ‘that’s not right’ but it stopped hurting so I carried on. I went up for a header and as soon as I landed, the knee gave way. It stuck. I couldn’t move it.

“To begin with I didn’t think it was going to be so bad. I thought it was a little bit of cartilage, no more than that. Then we got the final analysis and I was gutted. I couldn’t believe it.”

Walters was told to prepare for several months of rehabilitation.

“Before we got the analysis the physios didn’t want to put negative ideas in my head,” he said.

“That would have made me feel crap. There was no timescale so I was gutted when I found out. I didn’t really expect it.”

As Walters inched towards full fitness, Redfearn made the effort to push him as much as possible. Last weekend the forward took part in the warm-up before Leeds’ 1-0 win over Millwall, despite being left out of the matchday squad.

He was put through 90 minutes against Sheffield Wednesday’s Under-21s on Tuesday – used as a winger – and looked visibly relieved to have a full game behind him.

Walters’ talent is not much of a secret. He was a reliable goalscorer in the Under-18s side that won their league title two years ago and he has an ounce of pace which Redfearn wants to try on the left wing.

United’s head coach has tried and failed to sign players in that position and Alex Mowatt, another of Walters’ ex-academy team-mates, has been asked to adapt to that role.

“I just need to work on my fitness,” Walters said.

“When I’m fit, that position will be a lot easier for me.

“At the moment I’m finding it a bit hard but I do like it out there.

“As long as I’m on the pitch, I’d play anywhere – up front hopefully – and it would be a dream to play at Elland Road in front of 25,000. I can’t picture that at the minute because the opportunity hasn’t come.”

They say that United’s self-produced players are a tight, sociable and supportive bunch. That much is evident in Walters’ comments.

This season he sat with a leg up while Cook and Charlie Taylor forced their way into Redfearn’s senior side.

Mowatt progressed ahead of him last year and Sam Byram’s emergence in 2012 was spectacularly quick.

On the bad days – “to be honest I didn’t have to many of those” – Walters must have felt like the train was leaving him behind.

Even so, he sounds anything but bitter.

“It doesn’t make it frustrating because I like to see my friends doing well,” he said.

“I’m really pleased for them and for what they’ve done. I hope when I get my chance I do exactly the same.

“(Redfearn) has told me to keep going, keep doing what I’m doing and my chance should come.

“He knows me better than anyone at the club because he’s been my coach all the way up.

“I think that’s why I think he’s making me feel better and giving me self-belief.

“He’s been a massive influence and he’s got the other young lads to where they are now.

“He’s pushing them on and look how well they’re doing.

“It’s an incentive for all of us.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #16 på: Februar 19, 2015, 11:32:11 »
Spennende med Lewis. Kanskje han får en plass på benken mot Boro?

Ellers merket jeg meg denne:

"He remembers the incident leading to his injury as wholly innocuous.

Walters was 25 minutes into a 2-0 defeat at Mansfield Town when he tweaked his knee and called for treatment. In the absence of any severe pain he played on for a few minutes before collapsing in Mansfield’s box after jumping to head a corner kick.The damage to cartilage required surgery and Walters has hardly kicked a ball since."

Dette understreker betydningen av et kompetent medisisinsk støtteapparatet med velutviklet radar og pro aktiv holdning til skader. Omfanget av denne skaden kunne kanskje vært mulig å  begrense ut fra varselsignalene i forkant...

Husker ennå Doukara som sko haltende ut til 2 omgang tidlig i høst, før han ble tatt av banen med skade som holdt han ute av spill i flere kamper.  

Noen ganger føler jeg at det profesjonelle fotballengland fortsatt lever i steinalderen når det gjelder forebygging og recovery av skader.. (uten at jeg bastant skal hevde at så er tilfelle med Walters skade..)

Jon R.

Leedsfan

« Svar #17 på: Mars 10, 2015, 14:30:03 »
Spiller denne karen med fart og målteft på venstre siden av midtbanen som ving?

Høres ut som han har kommet seg etter skaden og er klar for større oppgaver!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #18 på: Mars 10, 2015, 15:32:50 »

Har ikke så mange mål i seg foreløpig, men kan spille på vingen ja.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Annesj

Sv: Spiller: Lewis Walters
« Svar #19 på: Mars 10, 2015, 15:50:21 »

Har ikke så mange mål i seg foreløpig, men kan spille på vingen ja.

Nå har vel denne karen vært ute med skade siden preseason så ikke så rart om målene har uteblitt denne ses.
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

Killa

« Svar #20 på: Juni 11, 2015, 19:43:47 »
Hva kan vi vente oss av denne karen kommende sesong?  Var ikke han ganske "hot" forrige pre-season før han ble skadet?

Promotion 2010

« Svar #21 på: Juni 17, 2015, 23:56:03 »
@LUFC: NEWS | Young forward @lewiswalterss has agreed a new one-year deal with #lufc. Full story: http://t.co/9oOSO7Zd98 http://t.co/yrOXxAMKRG
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Leedsfan

« Svar #22 på: September 15, 2015, 09:44:29 »
Skadet?
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Runar

« Svar #23 på: September 15, 2015, 13:51:23 »
Spilte i går, langt unna en plass i troppen på et lag uten vinger og ikke en spillertype Uwe bruker som spiss. Må lånes ut i tre mnd til League One/Two for å kunne skape seg erfaring og navn for å kunne forbli profesjonell fotballspiller.