Skrevet av Emne: EX-Spiller: Lewis Cook  (Lest 151327 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Spiller: Lewis Cook
« Svar #120 på: Juli 29, 2015, 21:10:44 »
LUFC Cook named in Emerging XI

The Football League took to social media recently to gauge fans thoughts on who would make up the best Football League Emerging XI.

Leeds United midfielder Lewis Cook featured heavily in the fan vote following his performances last season across his 35 games that saw him finish the season being named the clubs Young Player of the Season.

Cook made his debut for the club as a 17-year-old on the opening day at Millwall and he was a regular in the side until an ankle injury, picked up whilst on international duty with England, ruling him out of the final month of the season.

The full eleven as decided upon by the fans.

Goalkeeper
Daniel Bentley (Southend United)

Defenders
Joe Bryan (Bristol City)
Alfie Mawson (Barnsley)
Regan Poole (Newport County)

Midfielders
Lewis Cook (Leeds United)
Demarai Gray (Birmingham City)
Ben Kennedy (Stevenage)
Jordan Cousins (Charlton Athletic)
Brad Walker (Hartlepool)

Strikers
Zack Clough (Bolton Wanderers)
Che Adams (Sheffield United)

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=407101#ixzz3hJENooTy
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #121 på: Juli 31, 2015, 15:44:26 »
@PhilHayYEP: Lewis Cook is fit after his toe injury and starts against Everton tomorrow. #lufc

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #122 på: August 03, 2015, 21:23:59 »
Første youtube highlights av Cook:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OXX1-DsdSFg

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Leedsgutt

« Svar #123 på: August 13, 2015, 23:56:26 »
Da er denne gutten suspendert grunnet det røde kortet ikveld.  Han blir borte i 3 kamper.

Reading Borte
Bristol City Borte
Sheff W Hjemme

Promotion 2010

« Svar #124 på: August 14, 2015, 07:03:34 »
Da er denne gutten suspendert grunnet det røde kortet ikveld.  Han blir borte i 3 kamper.

Reading Borte
Bristol City Borte
Sheff W Hjemme

Trist nå du vet at Murphy erstatter ham! Ikke samme driv og selvtillit over ham.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Frode

« Svar #125 på: August 14, 2015, 07:28:15 »

Reading Borte
Bristol City Borte
Sheff W Hjemme

Litt bekymret for at dette kan bety en tøff start for Røsler. I beste fall tar vi 5 poeng på disse kampene, i verste fall 2-3. Livredd for hva Cellino kan finne på hvis vi ligger på 15-16 plass etter 8-10 serierunder.

TK20

« Svar #126 på: August 15, 2015, 00:49:26 »

Reading Borte
Bristol City Borte
Sheff W Hjemme

Trist nå du vet at Murphy erstatter ham! Ikke samme driv og selvtillit over ham.

Asså. Murphy var kanskje vår tredje beste spiller i fjor. Skjønner ikke hvor det der kommer fra. Skal bli godt å få ham tilbake!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #127 på: August 24, 2015, 22:54:23 »
@PhilHayYEP: Had a quick chat with Lewis Cook. "I got a bollocking but after that the manager was great with me." Says he's learned a useful lesson.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #128 på: August 25, 2015, 21:09:17 »
FourFourTwo:

Lewis Cook: Meet Leeds' teenage whizz who'll soon be fought over by the big guns
2 hours ago
image: http://images.cdn.fourfourtwo.com/sites/fourfourtwo.com/files/styles/byline_pic/public/pictures/picture-612426-1440507403.jpg?itok=rMHO-ZPQ

Jamie Kemp

TOPICS
TALENTSPOTTER, LEEDS UNITED, LEWIS COOK, CHAMPIONSHIP, PREMIER LEAGUE, FOOTBALL LEAGUE
comments
The 18-year-old impressed hugely in his first full season at Elland Road – and Jamie Kemp says a repeat could make him almost impossible to keep hold of...
The 60-second story
FACT FILE
Date of birth: February 3, 1997
Place of birth: York, England
Height: 5ft 9in
Position: Central midfield
Club: Leeds (40 apps, 0 goals)
International: England U19 (1 cap, 0 goals)

Lewis Cook was identified as one of the club’s most prized assets long before he made his first-team debut last year.
The York-born central midfielder – a well-cultivated footballing hotspot for Leeds United academy recruits – hails from the same setup that has spawned midfielders like James Milner and Fabian Delph since the turn of the millennium. Understandably, those who are given the nod to cross the youth-senior divide at Elland Road come well regarded.
Yet after 37 Championship appearances in his debut season – 33 of them starts – Cook’s maiden year was talked about in a higher regard than both of the aforementioned names. The tangible recognition arrived in force: Cook was named the Championship's Apprentice of the Year in April, Leeds' Young Player of the Year by the Yorkshire Evening Post in May and, later on that month, the runner-up to Alex Mowatt as the club's official player of the year.
Success at domestic level also materialised on a national one with the England U17s. Selected by manager John Peacock to partner Everton youngster (and captain) Ryan Ledson in midfield at the 2014 European Championship, Cook proved to be one of the standout performers en route to the Young Lions’ success.

All of this brings us to the present day, where Cook is now an absolute staple of the Leeds starting XI. As he approaches his half-century of senior appearances fewer than seven months after his 18th birthday, it’s becoming near impossible for the Yorkshire club to keep his talents on the lowdown.
image: http://i.imgur.com/STZL2vT.gif

Why you need to know him
Sheepish Leeds fans have seen just about every big Premier League team linked with a move for Cook over the summer. And his recent contract extension until 2016 still does little to allay fears of an impending exit, even when the player himself insisted he "didn’t know why" people thought he would leave.
Cook’s contribution in England’s youth European Championship win would also pinpoint him as a player destined for the top level. Joe Gomez and Patrick Roberts, now of Liverpool and Manchester City respectively, were just two members of that team who have since been granted an opportunity in the Premier League. Other major contributors like Chelsea pair Izzy Brown and Dom Solanke – both on loan at Vitesse this season – as well as Everton’s Ledson are also getting their feet wet in top European leagues.

Strengths
The youngster is your English midfield prototype in many ways. Schooled in the north of the country, where the less glamorous side of the game has been an eternal hallmark, Cook is no different to his predecessors; his aggression, enthusiasm and affinity for engaging in a battle is plain to see, despite clocking in at 5ft 9in.
“
His recent contract extension until 2016 still does little to allay fears of an impending exit
Like all good midfielders, however, it’s a combination of many different things which make Cook one of the most promising English midfielders of his generation. While skilled in winning the ball back, the teenager is equally impressive in his subsequent distribution of it. Whether it be short, incisive passes in the busiest areas of the pitch, or longer, sprayed distribution to find encroaching full-backs and advanced wide players, Cook’s authority on the ball has belied his years from the off at Elland Road.

image: http://images.cdn.fourfourtwo.com/sites/fourfourtwo.com/files/styles/inline-image/public/lewis_cook_leeds.jpg?itok=iYOy-UeU

“
I have a lot of trust in the young players here. It is a special place for them and it has been for many years. Young players at other clubs say they love their club but they don’t really mean it. Here, I can tell they mean it. The club is in their hearts

- Massimo Cellino
Under Neil Redfearn, the academy graduate was mostly utilised in his natural defensive midfield position in a 4-2-3-1. However, amid personnel troubles in a turbulent 2014/15 season, Cook’s versatility proved to be another unexpected, but welcome, feather in his cap.
He was later used both in the No.10 position and on the wing for Redfearn, who, like the rest of onlookers who followed Cook’s debut season, was continually amazed by the midfielder’s natural injection of pace. Over five yards, the habitual defensive midfielder possesses a deceiving burst that continues to catch many of his opposite numbers off guard.
And although his future in the game most certainly lies as a midfielder in its purest sense, it’s an incredibly useful attribute in breaking opposition lines when the option arises. Not to mention, a very rare one in players most at home in the middle of the pitch.

Weaknesses
His physical strength on the ball is something that needs development. Despite his ferocity in midfield, coming up against bigger, experienced operators can occasionally leave Cook on the periphery of the game, unable to get a foothold in his preferred region of the pitch.
The likes of Javier Mascherano and Nigel de Jong provide relatable modern day examples for the youngster in terms of overcoming that problem, which is likely one that time alone will help to aid. Discipline is also something that wouldn’t be unreasonable to flag up. While aggression is a major part of Cook’s game, it inevitably leaves him susceptible to giving away needless free-kicks and picking up cautions.
“
Even at the tender age of 17, there's a maturity about him. He's got this strength in character and he's getting better and better

- Former boss Neil Redfearn
They said…
After Leeds’ 1-1 draw away at Nottingham Forest in December 2014, ex-manager Redfearn said: "Lewis Cook, 17 years old... he was the best player on the pitch by a mile. He has a massive influence on us and how we play. Even at the tender age of 17, there's a maturity about him. He's got this strength in character and he's getting better and better."

Did you know?
Cook is the only starter from the England team who beat the Netherlands in the U17 Euros final currently playing for a Championship club. With the exception of Taylor Moore, who plays for Lens in France, the other nine men on show in Malta all belong to Premier League outfits.
image: http://i.imgur.com/hBYjpiY.gif

What happens next?
Cook is a firm fixture in Uwe Rosler’s plans for the rest of the 2015/16 season, and conclusions on his future beyond that will likely only commence once the German’s first campaign in charge comes to an end.
For now, the 18-year-old is focused solely on improving Leeds’ fortunes on the pitch. “Finishing higher in the table is the first aim,” he recently told the Yorkshire Evening Post. “Obviously the higher we finish the better the season will be, but to start with we have to do better than last year.”

Meanwhile, madcap Leeds owner Massimo Cellino has assured he doesn’t plan to sell any of the club’s most prized youngsters, with Cook at the forefront of transfer speculation.
“I have a lot of trust in the young players here,” Cellino told the club’s official website at the time of Cook’s renewal. “It is a special place for them and it has been for many years. Young players at other clubs say they love their club but they don’t really mean it. Here, I can tell they mean it. The club is in their hearts.”
It’s a nice thought, but history tells us that love hasn’t done much to stand in the way of Leeds’ talented youngsters heading for pastures new. The fact is, with another positive season under his belt, fans of the Yorkshire outfit will be bracing themselves for the departure of another of their cherished talents.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #129 på: August 27, 2015, 18:23:25 »
@PhilHayYEP: #lufc midfielder Lewis Cook called up by England Under-19s for games against Germany and Croatia.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Kato

« Svar #130 på: August 30, 2015, 07:41:09 »
Denne karen blir bare bedre og bedre. Viktig å beholde han forbi transfervinduet. Begynner han å score mål, er han komplett.

Smudge

« Svar #131 på: August 30, 2015, 08:31:23 »
Det største talentet Leeds har hatt! Kunne ikke ha solgt denne gutten under 30m£

sportcarl1

« Svar #132 på: August 30, 2015, 08:50:34 »
Det største talentet Leeds har hatt! Kunne ikke ha solgt denne gutten under 30m£
det var stora ord ;)

raggen

« Svar #133 på: August 30, 2015, 09:12:19 »
Han er kjempebra og en vinnerskalle i tillegg til talentet han er..klart en av våres beste spillere
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

Gufrias

« Svar #134 på: August 30, 2015, 09:38:04 »
Denne karen blir bare bedre og bedre. Viktig å beholde han forbi transfervinduet. Begynner han å score mål, er han komplett.
Han kan gjerne bli litt sterkere, også.

Men like fullt banens beste i går.
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Dennis

« Svar #135 på: August 30, 2015, 12:16:42 »
For en spiller!

18-år, men han oppfører seg som om han er ti år eldre. Tror hjerneblødningen mot Doncaster kan ha gagnet han også, selv om han også i fjor hadde et veldig modent spill.

Bare den lille saken med å skaffe frispark ute ved langsiden på en "håpløs" ball i går, viser forskjellen på god og meget god, uavgjort og seier.

Så er jeg veldig glad det ikke er flere kamper før vinduet stenger...
Marching on together!

RoarG

« Svar #136 på: August 30, 2015, 12:25:09 »
God kamp i går, ja. Det er bare å håpe at fremgangen fortsetter, og at agenten hans er av den nøkterne typen. Angivelig var L'pool interessert i både Cook og Mowatt i våres.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Dennis

« Svar #137 på: August 30, 2015, 12:31:31 »
God kamp i går, ja. Det er bare å håpe at fremgangen fortsetter, og at agenten hans er av den nøkterne typen. Angivelig var L'pool interessert i både Cook og Mowatt i våres.

Mowatt og Byram venter bare på at vinduet skal stenge, slik at de kan spille seg i form. De har ingen interesse av å spille mot lag som rundspilles av West Ham. 8)
Marching on together!

RoarG

« Svar #138 på: August 30, 2015, 13:05:38 »

Mowatt og Byram venter bare på at vinduet skal stenge, slik at de kan spille seg i form. De har ingen interesse av å spille mot lag som rundspilles av West Ham. 8)
Sjelden jeg har sett L'pool så tafatte som mot Hammers i går. Savnet av en hurtig angriper (Sterling) er merkbart. De defensive svakhetene blir da mer synlige.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #139 på: September 02, 2015, 17:20:42 »
Lewis Cook: Playing in the Championship made me a man

image: http://www.thefa.com/~/media/images/thefaportal/pillars/england/u18s/2014-15/eng%20v%20holl%20bury/lewis-cook-front.ashx
England Under-19s midfielder Lewis Cook

By Gary Stonehouse
At St. George's Park
02 Sep 2015

Having enjoyed an impressive breakthrough season in senior football, Lewis Cook is hoping to move up another level for club and country this season.

On the back of winning the European Championship with England Under-17s last summer, the youngster broke into the midfield at Leeds United and produced a series of impressive displays to win the Championship Young Player of the Year award.

He joined up with the U19s at the beginning of this week in high spirits after creating the chance for Chris Wood to score a late winner against Derby County on Saturday as the west Yorkshire outfit recorded their first three points of the season, and he is relishing the chance to pull on the Three Lions again.

England U19s' Euro trip

Germany v England
 Friday 4 September 2015
 BELKAW Arena, Bergisch Gladbach
Croatia v England
 Monday 7 September 2015
 Sveti Josip Radnik Stadion, Zagreb

“Four draws and a win sounds a lot better than four draws and a loss, so last Saturday was big for us. We've started the season quite well and the training has been really good and I'm enjoying it,” he told TheFA.com.

“I think it was 38 games I played in last season - it's mad when you think about it. I never thought I'd get that many games, but it was great for me and I felt I really came on.

“I think I've grown up a lot, especially in the Championship as it’s a proper man’s game there and really physical.

“I had to adapt to that quite quickly and I think that has put me in good stead for this year - hopefully I can really push on now.”

The 18-year-old also had a sample of playing a year up for his country last campaign. He was called into the squad for the Elite Round qualifiers in March, and although he picked up an injury, it was still an enjoyable time for the Tadcaster-born schemer.

“It was great to get that call for the higher age group. I really enjoyed it and got a good game in, it's a shame I got injured, but it was good to mix in with the lads.

“It was a good test and I was glad I could experience a bit of that.”

image: http://www.thefa.com/sitecore/shell//~/media/images/thefaportal/pillars/general%20news%201415/april%2014/lewis-cook-leeds-fl-awards.ashx

Lewis Cook with his Championship Apprentice of the Year award (photo by Football League)

Cook is one of 14 members of Aidy Boothroyd’s squad to have tasted first-team football.

And with that experience within the group, he is confident they can hit the ground running this week with two positive results away to Germany and Croatia.

“It'll be tough, especially Germany. We've played them a few times before and they are a really good passing team. We look forward to tests like that though and I think it'll be really good for us.

“We have the qualifiers coming up so we will be using these games to make sure we are in the right shape for them.”

image: http://www.thefa.com/sitecore/shell//~/media/images/thefaportal/pillars/england/u19s/leeds-united-and-england-u19s-midfielder-lewis-cook.ashx

Lewis Cook in training at St. George's Park

He added: “Everyone is doing really well and the majority of the squad have played first-team football now.

“I think the Euros really helped a lot of us and it is going good. We now want to continue that with two solid games over the next week.”

Cook and his team-mates fly out to Bergisch Gladbach on Wednesday afternoon, where they will face Germany on Friday 4 September.

From there, it is on to Zagreb where Croatia will play host to the second game of the trip at the Sveti Josip Radnik Stadion on Monday 7 September.

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2015/sep/lewis-cook-previews-england-u19s-v-germany-and-trip-to-croatia-020915#PYVyBPO2mAtp7oQO.99
Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

« Svar #140 på: September 04, 2015, 19:42:27 »
Lewis Cooks høydepunkt fra Derby-kampen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBlR0Ue6cqU

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Geiremann

« Svar #141 på: September 04, 2015, 20:40:25 »

auren

Herlig å se når han bare flyter framover med ball i rask fart!!
Member of "The Peterborough eight".

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #142 på: September 04, 2015, 20:53:32 »

auren

Et herlig sammendrag som viser hva han utførte underveis i kampen! :)
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Runar

« Svar #143 på: September 04, 2015, 21:58:00 »
Når Bamba mister det om 12 mnd i kjent Naylor stil, er det bare å gi Cook det kapteinsbåndet...

Han blir vår yngste kaptein siden Johnny Howson med god margin..

gulle

« Svar #144 på: September 04, 2015, 22:09:18 »

auren

[
Et herlig sammendrag som viser hva han utførte underveis i kampen! :)
fyren er dritgod!
Håper laget får solid fremgang sånn at han ikke fristes bort for lett når PL klubbene begynner å by i januar
« Siste redigering: September 04, 2015, 22:11:10 av gulle »
Nå rykker vi opp! Jasederja

Promotion 2010

« Svar #145 på: September 08, 2015, 21:04:07 »
Lewis Cook Scout Report

Posted By Gary Davidson on September 7, 2015

Lewis Cook is the youngest of the quartet of young players coming through at Leeds, along with Sam Byram, Alex Mowatt and Charlie Taylor, however he may also be the one with the most potential.

The 18 year old centre midfielder has gained many admirers since he made his debut on the opening day of the 2014/15 campaign, going on to make 38 appearances that season, whilst becoming a mainstay in the starting eleven. Cook also tasted success at the U17 European Championships as a member of England’s victorious squad in 2014 were he started three games including the semi-final and final.

Cook is very versatile, having played as a defensive midfielder and No. 10, as well as filling in on the wing when needed, showing his football intelligence and athleticism. Defensively his reading of the game and positioning belies his young age allowing him to break up play and get on the ball. Cook is adept at playing a range of passes from short intricate passes in tight areas to longer switches of play. This season has seen Cook play in a more attacking role and this has allowed him to start dictating games more, impressively Cook constantly likes to get on the ball and is clearly confident in his own abilities.

To make the next step forward in his game, Cook needs to improve his end product, both in terms of scoring more goals and creating more opportunities for his teammates. Cook failed to get his name on the scoresheet at all last season, although he has already bagged a goal this campaign with a strike in the League Cup. Playing in a more advanced role, he will be looking to contribute more in the final third this year. Cook could also improve the timing of his tackles. He is a tough tackler and can sometimes be reckless when going in for a challenge, however this may improve as he gains more experience and his youthful exuberance fades.

Lewis Cook is rightly causing a lot of excitement at Elland Road and is one of the best players we have featured on LowerLeagueScout. If he continues to progress then the sky's the limit for Cook and top clubs will remain interested in this promising youngster.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #146 på: November 15, 2015, 18:40:52 »
@england: England U19s starting XI v Japan: Woodman, Kenny, Adarabioyo, Moore (C), Connolly, Cook, Oxford, Maitland-Niles, Onomah, Roberts, Abraham

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #147 på: November 15, 2015, 18:45:36 »
@england: England U19s starting XI v Japan: Woodman, Kenny, Adarabioyo, Moore (C), Connolly, Cook, Oxford, Maitland-Niles, Onomah, Roberts, Abraham

Her kan vi se hvor mange PL-spillere som Cook spiller sammen med:

England 5, Japan 1

England (4-2-3-1): 1 Freddie Woodman (Newcastle United); 2 Jonjoe Kenny (Everton), 5 Taylor Moore (RC Lens, captain), 6 Tosin Adarabioyo (Manchester City), 3 Callum Connolly (Everton); 4 Reece Oxford (West Ham), 8 Lewis Cook (Leeds United); 7 Patrick Roberts (Manchester City), 10 Josh Onomah (Tottenham Hotspur), 11 Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Ipswich, on-loan from Arsenal); 9 Tammy Abraham (Chelsea)

Subs: 17 Ryan Ledson (Everton) for Oxford 46, 19 Sheyi Ojo (Wolves, on-loan from Liverpool) for Onomah 46, 14 Rico Henry (Walsall) for Cook 62, 21 Izzy Brown (Vitesse Arnhem, on-loan from Chelsea) for Maitland-Niles 62, 20 Adam Armstrong (Coventry, on-loan from Newcastle) for Abraham 70, 18 Daniel Crowley (Arsenal) for Roberts 70,

Subs not used: 13 Sam Howes (West Ham United), 12 Kyle Walker-Peters (Tottenham Hotspur), 15 Cameron Borthwick-Jackson (Manchester United), 16 Dael Fry (Middlesbrough)

Goals: Onomah 9, Roberts 27, Abraham 33, 64, Crowley 90

Head coach: Aidy Boothroyd

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2015/nov/match-report-england-u19s-v-japan-manchester-city-academy-stadium-151115#Idr4r1gl62ByyBpp.99
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #148 på: November 15, 2015, 18:48:54 »
@WALMOT3: #LUFC Lewis Cook played 90 minutes for England #U19s yesterday and assisted the winner for Tammy Abraham 
http://t.co/9Q0tWwhRTx

England 1, Finland 0
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #149 på: November 21, 2015, 09:56:16 »
@LUFCDATA: Lewis Cook has completed more take-ons (15) than any other Leeds player in the Championship this season. #LUFC #MOT https://t.co/6HbYyk297w

Min første Leeds-kamp: