Skrevet av Emne: EX-Spiller: Lewis Cook  (Lest 151276 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

EX-Spiller: Lewis Cook
« på: Juli 29, 2014, 10:16:40 »
Fortjener vel en egen tråd vårt stortalent og EM-mester Lewis Cook:

Leeds United: Youngster Cooking on gas after thrill of Euros

Lewis Cook.
by Phil Hay
Published on the
26 May

Lewis Cook arrived back in England on Thursday with a European Championship winners’ medal in his possession. As one of Leeds United’s most promising scholars, an invite to the first-team table won’t be far behind.

Cook flew out to Malta with England’s Under-17s hoping for nothing more than the experience of playing in front of proper crowds but on Wednesday night, he and a squad dominated by Premier League academy players walked off with the trophy after beating Holland on penalties.

Cook was one of only three representatives of Championship clubs taken abroad by John Peacock, the little-known yet exceptionally successful coach of England’s Under-17s. Cook himself has a limited profile at Leeds but he made sizeable strides this season, a regular for both the Under-18s and the development squad despite his age and his status as a first-year scholar.

They expect much of him at Thorp Arch and United’s coaching staff there had their high opinion of Cook justified by his prominent role in England’s European Championship win. Peacock used him regularly and started him the final, substituting the midfielder on 74 minutes after Cook picked up a booking.

The 17-year-old stood and watched as the game finished 1-1 and descended into a penalty shoot-out. Holland lost their nerve and lost the shootout 4-1.

“If I’d been on the pitch, I’d have taken one,” Cook said. “It wouldn’t have worried me at all.

“People say England aren’t very good at penalties but it turns out that actually we can do it. We’d been practicing them over and over again in training and when it came to it, the lads did the job. The work paid off.

“We’re all absolutely buzzing and I don’t know when the feeling will sink in – probably when I get home and see my friends and family. It’s a massive achievement and we’re proud of it. I didn’t expect it.

“Obviously I wanted us to go as far as we could but when I got the call-up, the thing I was looking forward to most was playing in front of big crowds. I haven’t really had that before.”

Wednesday’s final was attended by 9,000 people, a huge step up from the sparse attendances seen at English academy fixtures.

Cook, who is under contract at Elland Road for the next two years, has not mixed with United’s senior squad yet but he is likely to be involved in the club’s pre-season schedule on the strength of his progression in the past 12 months.

Though club owner Massimo Cellino has temporarily closed the training ground at Thorp Arch and spoken about leaving the complex permanently, Benito Carbone – Leeds’ new technical consultant – made it clear last week that Cellino’s strategy at United would rely heavily on players taken from their youth-development scheme.

Cook said: “I’d like to think that I can do enough to get myself involved with the first team soon.

“The great thing about the academy at Leeds is that young players do get a chance. I’ve seen lots of lads go onto the first team and I’d love to do the same. It’s what we’re all aiming for.

“This has all been a first for me – the experience of playing in a big tournament and the attention we’re getting back home. It’s been really good mentally and I’ve learned a lot. For the way we played in most of the tournament, I think we deserved to win it.”

Under Peacock, England’s Under-17s have won both of the last two European Championships.

His current squad suffered only one defeat in Malta, losing 2-0 to Holland in the last match of the group stages.

A tense but resilient 2-0 victory over Portugal in the semi-finals – a match which Cook also started – set up a rematch with the Dutch and Everton’s Jonjoe Kenny converted the decisive penalty in the final.

« Siste redigering: Juli 09, 2016, 10:14:22 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

Sv: Spiller: Lewis Cook
« Svar #1 på: Juli 29, 2014, 10:21:25 »
Intervju med Redfearn om Cook og Taylor:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EzpWEzsD2Ms

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2 på: Juli 29, 2014, 10:22:42 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3 på: Juli 29, 2014, 10:25:01 »
Cook eyes Leeds United chance

BY LOUIS BRAY â‹… MAY 26, 2014 â‹… POST A COMMENT
Upon his return from the European Championship this week, after representing the England Under-17′s, Lewis Cook has expressed his desire to break into the first-team fold at Leeds United.

Cook was among three players representing Championship sides for England in the competition, and played his part in the sides impressive 4-1 win against Holland in the final, after earning his place in the starting line-up. The 17 -year-old was eventually subbed after 74 minutes and watched from the bench as the Netherlands crashed-out on penalties, with

Lewis Cook is keen to earn a first-team place at Leeds United
England taking home the title.

Cook has continued to impressed at Thorp Arch under Neil Redfearn, and was an ever-present in the Whites’ development team, along with the Under-18′s side. The young midfielder also impressed John Peacock, the England Under-17′s boss, which lead to his selection for the tournament.

Leeds United have high hopes for the England star, and Cook was quick to announce his desire to feature in Leeds United’s first team set-up, something that cannot be far away.

The midfielder told the Yorkshire Post: “I’d like to think that I can do enough to get myself involved with the first team soon.

“The great thing about the academy at Leeds is that young players do get a chance. I’ve seen lots of lads go onto the first team and I’d love to do the same. It’s what we’re all aiming for.

“This has all been a first for me – the experience of playing in a big tournament and the attention we’re getting back home. It’s been really good mentally and I’ve learned a lot. For the way we played in most of the tournament, I think we deserved to win it.”

Cook will look to follow in the steps of Alex Mowatt and Sam Byram, who are the most recent young players to make it into the first-team at Leeds United, after impressing in the academy.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #4 på: Juli 29, 2014, 10:28:08 »
Big time beckons at Leeds for teenager Lewis Cook

Lewis Cook battles with Guiseley's Jack Stockdill
Published on the
21 July
06:10

Print this
1 comments
Have your say!

TEENAGER Lewis Cook marked himself out as Leeds United’s next academy success story as coach David Hockaday hinted that the 17-year-old will be in the thick of the forthcoming season.

Cook caught the eye with a consummate display in Saturday’s 2-0 win at Guiseley, leading Hockaday to admit that he is ready to blood the midfielder and other United youngsters when the Championship season starts next month.

Hockaday fielded Cook in his starting line-up at Nethermoor and the England youth international produced the pick of the performances in a tight and competitive pre-season friendly.

Cook’s reputation has grown in the past six months on account of his involvement in the England squad who won the European Under-17 Championship in May, and he was taken on United’s tour of Italy earlier this month.

He was one of three young professionals used by Hockaday at Nethermoor, with centre-back Ross Killock completing an hour and striker Lewis Walters featuring for the final 30 minutes.

Hockaday said: “If you chopped Lewis’ head off and put an older head on his shoulders, you wouldn’t be surprised.

“From what I’ve seen, he along with one or two others have a very good chance here. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with a lot of the younger players and I’ve got a history of giving young players a chance. If they’re good enough, they’ll get their opportunity.”

Cook, who is under contract at Elland Road for the next two years, played as the defensive tip of an experienced midfield diamond containing Michael Tonge, David Norris and new signing Tommaso Bianchi.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #5 på: Juli 29, 2014, 10:30:39 »
Ben Parker on Lewis Cook:

In the event, it was the youthful brigade who took the limelight, more especially England Under-17 midfielder Lewis Cook, who stole the show in many respects from a United point of view.

Parker was one of many impressed by the teenager’s showing, which belied his tender years and offered encouragement for the future.

He added: “At half-time and full-time, we were speaking about how many young players were playing for Leeds such as Ross Killock and Lewis Cook and I thought they all did well, particularly Lewis.

“Lewis established himself really well in the game. The best thing I thought about him was that he did the simple things well and kept the ball well. He was always eager to get on the ball.

“In the midfield they played for the first hour, they had senior pros in Michael Tonge and Dave Norris in there, but he was demanding the ball off them and dictating play at every opportunity.

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #6 på: Juli 29, 2014, 22:43:55 »

Lucy Ward ‏@lucywardleeds  · 3m 
Not a bad squad number for Lew #23 #lufc

Ben Hunt ‏@leedshunter  · 2m 
@lucywardleeds Batty, Snoddy......

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Ola_S

« Svar #7 på: Juli 29, 2014, 23:26:43 »
Stortalent,selges snart da sikkert...

Promotion 2010

« Svar #8 på: August 04, 2014, 22:00:29 »
YEP

Cook, who is under contract at Elland Road for the next two years"
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #9 på: August 05, 2014, 16:26:45 »
Cellino om Cook:
Some of the supporter outrage has been soothed by the prospect of watching the club’s young players fast-tracked into first-team duties: Sam Byram, Alex Mowatt, Chris Dawson and, in particular, Lewis Cook.

“When I first saw this boy Cook play it was phenomenal,” Cellino says. “I wasn’t expecting to have someone so special playing for Leeds. He plays with personality and skill. When I found out he was 17, it was a fantastic surprise. But we must handle him in the right way. He is just 17 years old and we can –––– him up if we give him too much pressure.

“We must be careful to look after him. I have seen a lot of special talents like this lost to the game in a terrible way. And I have also seen ordinary players make it to the top level because they sacrificed themselves for the game. My dream is to get six or seven Leeds players in the England team during my time here.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leeds-united/11013554/Leeds-United-owner-Massimo-Cellino-tells-fans-We-will-do-this-my-way.html
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #10 på: August 09, 2014, 19:52:59 »
Debut i dag, fikk skylden for 0-2 straffen, men aldri kontakt mellom ham og spiller. Han er bare 17 år, men satt fart på Leeds de 20 min han var innpå.  :)

Lewis Cook
Gutted about the result, but glad to have made my championship debut for Leeds and learned a lot from it!

Lewis Cook kan bli en fantastisk spiller for oss i fremtiden.  :)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Blank_File

« Svar #11 på: August 09, 2014, 20:17:39 »
Vi for håpe det. Vi trenger noen lys i mørket. For min eller det ikke noe sjokk at det er en Cook som er lyspunktet.

sportcarl1

« Svar #12 på: August 09, 2014, 22:39:41 »
Debut i dag, fikk skylden for 0-2 straffen, men aldri kontakt mellom ham og spiller. Han er bare 17 år, men satt fart på Leeds de 20 min han var innpå.  :)

Lewis Cook
Gutted about the result, but glad to have made my championship debut for Leeds and learned a lot from it!

Lewis Cook kan bli en fantastisk spiller for oss i fremtiden.  :)
gott att han fick chansen och även några avbytare till, det klagades det ju om när vi hade mcd att han aldrig gjorde några byten

Sydhagen

« Svar #13 på: August 28, 2014, 13:09:57 »
Hadde et stort håp om at vi skulle få se Cook på midtbanen igår.
Har litt trua på at han kan være "the missing link" på midtbanen vår. Det lille jeg har sett av han så virker det som at han tar tak i kampen og får opp nivået på de rundt ham.
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

AndyMathie

« Svar #14 på: August 28, 2014, 17:46:22 »
Håper at grunnen til at han ikke spilte mot Bradford er for at han skal få spille neste kamp mot Bolton. Vi trenger han sårt inn på laget om ikke vi henter inn en ny sentral midtbanemann da før Bolton kampen.
We are Leeds and we are proud of it!

sportcarl1

« Svar #15 på: August 28, 2014, 17:50:22 »
Hadde et stort håp om at vi skulle få se Cook på midtbanen igår.
Har litt trua på at han kan være "the missing link" på midtbanen vår. Det lille jeg har sett av han så virker det som at han tar tak i kampen og får opp nivået på de rundt ham.
han kommer att bli riktigt bra och är redan likvärdig med våra övriga mittfältsspelare, såg hans 30 minuter mot mboro, han gjorde inte bort sig men han kom ju inte in och dominerade

Promotion 2010

« Svar #16 på: August 28, 2014, 20:52:45 »
Lewis Cook
@lewiscook_: Happy to be selected for the England u18s game against Holland next week! ⚽️

Grattis!   ;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

sportcarl1

« Svar #17 på: August 28, 2014, 20:56:01 »
skoj, och det är han verkligen värd.

Nørgaard

« Svar #18 på: August 31, 2014, 13:27:11 »
Hvor længe kan vi holde på ham her hvis han fortsætter med at spille så godt....

Promotion 2010

« Svar #19 på: August 31, 2014, 13:28:28 »
Hvor længe kan vi holde på ham her hvis han fortsætter med at spille så godt....

Selg selg selg...... £ 14 millioner til Liverpool er helt greit!

;)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #20 på: August 31, 2014, 15:19:31 »
Utrolig moro med Cook. Det er lenge siden vi fostret en skikkelig god sentral midtbanespiller med defensive fibre.

Cook, Mowatt, Dawson og Walter kan  faktisk være fremtidens Premier League midtbane for Leeds United!   :o
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #21 på: August 31, 2014, 15:20:56 »
Utrolig moro med Cook. Det er lenge siden vi fostret en skikkelig god sentral midtbanespiller med defensive fibre.

Cook, Mowatt, Dawson og Lewis kan  faktisk være fremtidens Premier League midtbane for Leeds United!   :o

Lewis...........Lewis Cook? På begge kanter?
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Xern

« Svar #22 på: August 31, 2014, 15:38:40 »

Selg selg selg...... £ 14 millioner til Liverpool er helt greit!

;)
Nei, nei og nei. Er drittlei av å selge,nå skal vi beholde de som er gode og kvitte oss med de som suger. Penger er ikke lenger ett problem for å oppna promotion ;)

Ps, rykker vi opp og Cook fortsetter å storspille får vi 34£ istedet for 14£! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

sportcarl1

« Svar #23 på: August 31, 2014, 16:07:57 »

Cook, Mowatt, Dawson og Walter kan  faktisk være fremtidens Premier League midtbane for Leeds United!   :o
cook har potential att bli leeds nästa egenproducerade stjärna, de övriga är bra men svårt se ett mittfält i PL med dem med tanke på vilka övriga mittfältsspelare  sloth benedcic och sist men inte  minst adryan vi har, och skulle vi gå upp kommer det säkert in ännu bättre spelare, Byram Taylor och  Cook ser jag mer som realistiskt i PL i framtiden och kanske det finns ytterligare någon i U18 som säkert kan vara med, vi är på rätt väg hur som helst

Promotion 2010

« Svar #24 på: September 20, 2014, 10:28:30 »
Cook joy at making Leeds United’s first team

Lewis Cook
by Phil Hay
Published on the
20 September
08:42

Lewis Cook was 13-years-old when he first appeared for Leeds United’s Under-18s. The club discovered soon after that he was too young to play, a fast achiever who accidently broke the rules.

Cook’s entire story is one of rapid progression and self motivation. People at Thorp Arch remember poor performances driving him to tears of annoyance. Over time he learned to stamp his feet and iron out the flaws in his game.

Now 17 and lodged in United’s first team, those flaws are almost invisible. Cook is part of a long line of academy graduates but at Leeds they place him in the highest bracket – not as outrageously skilful as Fabian Delph but every bit the same animal and pedigree.

It’s tradition these days that an unheralded junior shakes the ground at Elland Road at the start of each season. Sam Byram did it in 2012, Alex Mowatt a year ago and Cook again in the past few weeks. A defensive midfielder with pace and exceptional awareness, the signs were there in the summer months as Cook received mentions in dispatches from the European Under-17 Championship and the mouth of United owner Massimo Cellino.

David Hockaday, Leeds’ head coach for the first six games of the season, took a passing interest in him but the club’s caretaker – Neil Redfearn – has lumped on Cook entirely. The teenager made his full league debut late last month and has started the past three matches. He will play against Huddersfield Town today, an automatic choice for an academy manager who knows him inside out.

Cook looks like a fixture in the side but he sounds anything but presumptuous. “I wouldn’t say I am established, no,” Cook said. “I still feel quite young.

“I do want to be playing week in, week out, that’s my overall goal, and hopefully I’ll feel like that one day. But definitely not at the moment.

“I love running out at Elland Road and it’s a dream for me after being at the club so long. It’s something I’d wanted to do ever since I was a little boy.

“I’d watch games and think ‘what will it be like to play in front of these fans?’ Now I’m lucky enough to be doing that.”

Redfearn says that Leeds have “scouts camped on their doorstep” which stands to reason if Cook is an example of the youngsters beneath the surface at Thorp Arch. He was hidden for a while and signed a professional contact without much publicity, committing to Leeds until 2016, but his ability was flagged up during England’s victory at the European Under-17 Championship in Malta earlier this year. Cook played throughout the tournament, including 68 minutes of the final against Holland.

“I think that tournament helped me to be recognised,” he said.

“It was a great experience for me and an unbelievable feeling. I also think it gave me a lot more confidence and put me in the manager’s eye.

“I’d never been to a tournament like that and won it before. Things were pretty mad. But I really enjoyed it and want to build on it. I’d known the England lads for a long time and we had some great banter. I felt comfortable with the set-up.”

Cook has advanced into England’s Under-18 squad since that tournament and he played in a friendly against the Netherlands during the recent international break. He is settling in for a year of senior football at Leeds, a commitment he will mix with attendance at school. Some at United think Cook was ready for the first team a year ago, several months before his 17th birthday.

Redfearn tends to back the players he has worked with in the club’s academy and he recalled Alex Mowatt to United’s starting line-up as soon as Hockaday’s sacking began his third spell as caretaker.

“It’s good to have someone like Redders in charge,” Cook said. “Me and Alex played for him quite a bit. He’d been our coach (in the academy) for a long time so we know him well and that helps because we know how to speak to him.”

Cook singled out Steven Gerrard as his footballing role-model, saying the Liverpool captain was “such a team player” and “a leader”. Cook has a taste of captaincy last season, skippering United’s Under-21s during their development league campaign.

“I liked Steven Gerrard when I was growing up,” Cook said. “I’d consider him a role-model. He was such a team player and his technique was so good.

“I love how much of a leader he is to his club and that’s a special player.”

Cook helped to change in the balance of United’s visit to Bournemouth on Tuesday, a game which Leeds won 3-1 with a convincing fightback in the second half.

The squad around him are showing signs of settling after a busy summer of transfers and the dismissal of Hockaday, and Cook said: “I do feel we’re coming together as a group now.

“Everyone gets on and I feel we can achieve anything we want, as long as we put our minds to it.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

samadhi

« Svar #25 på: Oktober 14, 2014, 11:03:55 »
marching on together,
derudaf forever...

Blank_File

Leedsfan

« Svar #27 på: Oktober 14, 2014, 11:33:57 »
http://www.teamtalk.com/gallery/2483/9514296/Gallery-TEAMtalk-continue-their-countdown-of-the-top-50-wonderkids-in-football-today

Rangert på 32.plass blant Europas wonderkids av Teamtalk  :)

Ødegaard i topp-3?

Artig med Cook, knallgod spiller som har fysikk som en mann!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

B_Ød

« Svar #28 på: Oktober 14, 2014, 13:18:43 »
http://www.teamtalk.com/gallery/2483/9514296/Gallery-TEAMtalk-continue-their-countdown-of-the-top-50-wonderkids-in-football-today

Rangert på 32.plass blant Europas wonderkids av Teamtalk  :)

Ødegaard i topp-3?

Artig med Cook, knallgod spiller som har fysikk som en mann!

Skulle mene det ja... ;)
Ups & Ups!!

Nørgaard

« Svar #29 på: Oktober 14, 2014, 17:28:09 »
Lad nu lige Ødegaard spille en sæson uden skader før i hyper ham for meget.
Han virker dog spændende.