Skrevet av Emne: EX-Spiller: Lewis Cook  (Lest 151275 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Jostein.

Sv: Spiller: Lewis Cook
« Svar #60 på: Januar 21, 2015, 18:35:01 »
Vi må statuere et eksempel med Cook, ikke selg ham uansett pris. Ã… gi ham en lang kontakt.
Håper vi er ferdig med å selge talentene våres.
Leeds Carajo!

Sydhagen

« Svar #61 på: Januar 21, 2015, 18:40:47 »
Cook er den som skal drive midtbanen til Leeds i 15 år fremover og bli tidenes legende for Leeds.
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

samadhi

« Svar #62 på: Januar 21, 2015, 18:50:09 »
Vi må statuere et eksempel med Cook, ikke selg ham uansett pris. Ã… gi ham en lang kontakt.
Håper vi er ferdig med å selge talentene våres.

Så lenge vi forblir et Championshiplag blir vi aldri ferdig med å selge våre beste spillere.
Vi må opp!
marching on together,
derudaf forever...

Promotion 2010

« Svar #63 på: Januar 24, 2015, 09:56:51 »
Phil Hay: Leeds United need to rise up to standards Cook sets

Published: 24 January 2015

Lewis Cook

8 comments

Leeds United’s contract talks with Lewis Cook should run their course. The club expect to find common ground without difficulty and hope the 17-year-old will agree new terms by the summer.

He’s unlikely to commit until Massimo Cellino completes his sabbatical from Elland Road – a sensible stance when the man who “signs the cheques” has just surrendered his pen – but Leeds do not see a problem. In the meantime, there are moves afoot to extend Alex Mowatt’s deal and pin him down beyond 2017. Discussions before Christmas between Cellino and Sam Byram’s agent were decidedly fractious and ended abruptly but Byram himself is said to be happy.

Neil Redfearn remarked after Tuesday’s win over Bournemouth that football was the “saving grace” for a club with severe emotional stress. In United’s case and in the context of this season, their saving grace is actually the academy. Again. At a recent gathering of English development heads, from the Premier League down, the academy at Thorp Arch was rated as the 10th most productive in the country in terms of the first-team players it provides. The devil’s advocate would argue that many English clubs pay lip service to theirs; that Leeds depend on junior footballers because form, finance and incontinuity steers them down that route. But still.

Where Cook is concerned, he has not broken through by default. The teenager is blessed with that rare impetus which compels coaching staff to give into him irrespective of his age. He was 13 when he played in an Under-18s fixture. The club discovered later that they had breached the rules by fielding someone so young.

Cook falls easily into the bracket of talent occupied by Fabian Delph. It’s tempting to compare him to James Milner but easy to forget how good Milner was and how good he has been. Cook possesses the swagger, the touch and the knack of making league games look like street football. Where Delph had tricks – marvellous pieces of ball-control – Cook has poise; the ability to run a game, dictate it and drive it. Modern football appreciates players like Cook. Modern formations are made for him.

People joke about keeping the secret close, of playing Cook’s reputation down, but Premier League recruitment networks have eyes and ears everywhere. He’ll have attracted attention as far back as the European Under-17 Championship last summer and a scout worth his wage would argue that anyone who isn’t aware of Cook hasn’t been doing their job properly. A couple of years ago, a member of that fraternity who attended a Championship game with a view to analysing Byram was asked how widely word about the right-back had spread. “A lot of us were already following him in the academy,” he replied.

A comment like that gives a player’s contract perspective. Cook is presently tied to Leeds until 2016. He might be perfectly willing to sign an extension but the deal itself is only paper. Long contracts equate to bigger transfer fees these days and for Cook, the attraction of staying at Elland Road won’t be money or security. It’s a matter of perception; the midfielder’s perception of what is happening here and what he stands to gain by immersing himself in it.

Over the years Leeds have never had a specific problem with contract negotiations. Jonathan Howson was one of the few footballers who held off while new terms were on the table. The issue for the club is the fact that improved deals are rarely seen out. When Delph left for Aston Villa in 2009 he was 12 months into four-year contract. It might as well have run for half a century. The approach, the fee and the outcome would have been exactly the same, on the basis that Delph wanted the move.

Redfearn’s comments this week were right. The club need to retain Cook and others like him. It goes without saying. But a teenager so gifted and aware of his talent won’t stay at Elland Road out of obligation or because his contract forces him to. He’ll settle here if Leeds get their act together and for as long as the club live up to his standards. That benchmark is already high. In years to come, new contract or not, it won’t stoop to 20th in the Championship.
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Hallgeir *

« Svar #64 på: Januar 31, 2015, 19:06:35 »
Lewis Cook gikk ut med en skade i dagens kamp. Vet vi noe om alvorlighetsgraden denne skaden har?

Unggutten har jo blitt viktig for laget per dato.
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #65 på: Februar 03, 2015, 16:45:15 »
Happy big 18th birthday to @lewiscook_
At last! #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

flynn

« Svar #66 på: Februar 04, 2015, 09:27:30 »
Godt nytt at Cook ikke forsvant i januar! Nå ser jeg at kontrakten hans skal reforhandles. Det burde i alle fall bety at et eventuelt salg det nærmeste året eller to gir mer penger i kassa. Gutten har mange av de egenskapene som skal til for å lykkes. Han har blant annet en hurtighet med ballen i beina som gjør ham mer spennende enn f.eks Mowatt. Men, samtidig har han mye å lære enda, og bør vite det selv. Leeds passer bra for ham i minst ett år eller to til, og da kan det jo hende at vi nærmer oss Premier League vi også, og at behovet for å bytte klubb for videre utvikling ikke er så stor. La oss håpe han har en fornuftig agent, i den grad slike finnes.

Uansett, gratulerer med dagen på etterskudd Lewis!

flynn

Promotion 2010

« Svar #67 på: Februar 05, 2015, 14:55:14 »
Lewis Cook gikk ut med en skade i dagens kamp. Vet vi noe om alvorlighetsgraden denne skaden har?

Unggutten har jo blitt viktig for laget per dato.

Cook fit

Neil Redfearn has confirmed that Leeds United midfielder Lewis Cook will be fit to face Brentford this weekend.

Cook hobbled off against Huddersfield Town in the Whites' last fixture, but Redfearn says that the injury was not severe and he will be ready to go on Saturday. 

"He overstretched his knee a bit but it’s nothing major,” he said to the Yorkshire Evening Post. “We were about to put Billy on anyway so Lewis’ problem meant he was the one to come off. But there’s no holding him back at the moment. It won’t be keeping him out, that’s for sure.”

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #69 på: Februar 22, 2015, 00:46:37 »
Lewis Cook says campaign has been 'beyond wildest dreams'
image: http://www.thefa.com/~/media/images/thefaportal/pillars/general%20news%201415/february%2015/lewis-cook-leeds-united.ashx?mw=600

Pause Slider
By Gary Stonehouse
at The Riverside Stadium
21 Feb 2015
Share this article via
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Email
Close
Lewis Cook says this season has been “beyond his wildest dreams” having become a regular in the Leeds United first team.

The England U18s midfielder gave another assured display as he helped his side to defeat Championship leaders Middlesbrough 1-0 on Saturday lunchtime, setting up Alex Mowatt for the game’s only goal in the third minute.

Speaking exclusively to TheFA.com following the clash at The Riverside, Cook said: “I’ve really enjoyed it and have grown more confident with each game I’ve played.

“Once you have that confidence, you can relax a little and you start playing your football.

“After a few games you settle in and feel like you’ve been playing there for years – it’s been a really good experience.”

Having helped his country to win the European U17s Championship last summer, the 18-year-old was brought into the first team squad at Elland Road when the squad returned for pre-season training.

Having made his debut on the opening day of the season against Millwall, Cook has gone on to make over 30 appearances so far for the Yorkshire side, something which was above all his expectations.

“I was really excited when I went away with the team in pre-season, and I didn’t expect to play to be honest. I wouldn’t have dreamt I’d have played as many times as I have and I’m really proud of myself and all my family are too.

“The club has settled down. We are playing really well and the manager Neil Redfearn has played a big part in that. He’s come in and got us gelling really well. We’re all comfortable on the ball and we’re getting a few wins now.”

Having helped Leeds continue their recent run of good form in the north east, Cook is eager to see that continue until the end of season, but he still has eyes on his prospering international career too.

image: http://www.thefa.com/sitecore/shell//~/media/images/thefaportal/pillars/england/u17s/201314/euro%20finals/full-squad-celeb.ashx

Cook helped England U17s win the Euros last summer

With Neil Dewsnip’s side set to take on Switzerland next month at Walsall, Cook is hoping his performances will earn him another opportunity to pull on the Three Lions.

“I always love going away with England and always will,” he said.

“Seeing all the lads is really good for me, and hopefully if I’m picked, we can do well against Switzerland next month.

“They are a very good team, but our group has always had to play tough sides with what we achieved in the Euros, so they are always great occasions.”

With only two more international breaks left before the end of the campaign, Cook is already looking ahead to next year as he aims to continue his progress by breaking into the England U19s squad.

“With these tough games for the U18s, it’s just the preparation that we need. We haven’t played that many games together this season, but the ones we have, they’ve all been against sides of a high standard.

“As a group, we all want to continue on and try and push into the England U19s next season, and try and kick on again in the Euros.”

Tickets for the game at Walsall on Saturday 28 March are priced £3 for adults and £1.50 for concessions.

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2015/feb/leeds-united-midfielder-lewis-cook-previews-england-u18s-v-switzerland-210215#qm4pf9kVLXduisl4.99
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #70 på: Februar 22, 2015, 19:19:46 »
Lewis Cook om sine internasjonale ambisjoner:

After the game he spoke to TheFA.com about his time at Leeds and his international future. Currently an under-18 international, his recent form has certainly indicated that he has a chance of pushing onward and upward in the age groups.

He said of representing his country:

“I always love going away with England and always will.

“Seeing all the lads is really good for me, and hopefully if I’m picked, we can do well against Switzerland next month.

“With these tough games for the U18s, it’s just the preparation that we need. We haven’t played that many games together this season, but the ones we have, they’ve all been against sides of a high standard.

“As a group, we all want to continue on and try and push into the England U19s next season, and try and kick on again in the Euros.”

Cook is certainly a talent who could one day drive on and become an England under-21 international and eventual senior player as well.

Leeds fans will hope so, as long as throughout it all his head is not turned and he remains at Elland Road.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Kato

« Svar #71 på: Februar 22, 2015, 19:49:56 »
Et fantastisk talent

Promotion 2010

« Svar #72 på: Mars 17, 2015, 17:08:07 »
@LUFC: Congratulations to @lewiscook_ on his England U19s call-up for the European Qualifiers in France next week! #lufc http://t.co/TDX0eojgay

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #73 på: Mars 17, 2015, 19:28:53 »
Skulle ønske han skrev under på ny kontrakt før han gjør seg lekker på den internasjonale arenaen.
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #74 på: Mars 18, 2015, 20:30:02 »
@football_league: #FLAwards SHORTLIST: @LFEonline Apprentice of the Year - Championship http://t.co/F7t7zJaI1r

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #75 på: Mars 29, 2015, 18:01:32 »
@LUFC: Internationals: Good luck to @lewiscook_ who starts for England Under-19s in tonight's Euro qualifier vs Azerbaijan (5.30pm kick-off). #lufc

@england: England U19s v Azerbaijan: Woodman; Aina (C), Gomez, Galloway, Smith-Brown; Kuhl, Cook; Roberts, Loftus-Cheek, Kiwomya; Fewster.

@LUFC: Internationals: @lewiscook_ played 79 minutes as he helped England U19s secure a 1-0 Euro qualifying win over Azerbaijan tonight. #lufc

@lewiscook_: Buzzing with a the win against Azerbaijan, lads were class
« Siste redigering: Mars 29, 2015, 18:03:36 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #76 på: Mars 31, 2015, 21:09:04 »
Hvor alvorlig er dette da?  :(

Leeds United midfielder Lewis Cook has suffered a double blow with England after they were knocked out of the final qualifying round for this summers European Championship finals.

The midfielder, who picked up an ankle injury in the 1-0 win over Azerbaijan on Saturday on his under-19 debut, has now returned to Leeds, forcing him to miss the final game of qualification against host side France.

England went into the final game knowing they had to beat France to qualify but a goal in each half gave the French a 2-0 lead. England pulled a goal back late on through Fulham`s Patrick Roberts but they bow out of the tournament.

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=394563#ixzz3VzZ21A2i
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #77 på: Mars 31, 2015, 23:39:09 »
@PhilHayYEP: Leeds say Cook's been recalled as a "precaution". He's being assessed ahead of Blackburn on Saturday.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #78 på: Mars 31, 2015, 23:40:43 »
@PhilHayYEP: Lewis Cook's been sent for a couple of scans by Leeds. Suspected ankle ligament damage but he's still being assessed.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #79 på: April 02, 2015, 10:20:26 »
@WALMOT3: Lewis Cook in the latest Four Four Two #LUFC http://t.co/wefM9wzovU

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #80 på: April 02, 2015, 10:21:27 »
@PhilHayYEP: Redfearn expects Lewis Cook to miss the Blackburn game and says his ankle injury is "unfortunate to say the least":
http://t.co/WwOazcjBMB

:o
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #81 på: April 08, 2015, 20:49:03 »
Football League World:

Manchester United eye £12m move for Leeds United midfielder

By Sam Rourke â‹… April 8, 2015 â‹…

Manchester United are among a plethora of top-flight clubs who are eyeing Leeds United midfielder Lewis Cook, according to the Daily Star.

Cook has excelled at Leeds United this season
Cook has excelled at Leeds United this season

Premier League giants such as Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City are also all interested in signing the 18-year-old revelation.

Cook has been exceptional for Neil Redfearn’s side this season, and the youngster looks on course to become a Premier League player in the very near future.

This season has been the Leeds United starlet’s real breakthrough season, and the Yorkshire club have subsequently placed a £12 million price tag on him.

Cook is undoubtedly renowned as one of the most highly-rated young talents in the Sky Bet Football League, and it is no surprise to see interest from the Premier League.

A Leeds United club source said to the Daily Star: “Lewis knows he will have to leave Leeds to fulfil his ambitions.

“All the big clubs have been keeping close tabs on him and want him, so he will have his pick of the best and has a big decision to make.

“He’s wonderful talent and Leeds have no chance of keeping him at Elland Road. It’s just a matter of when, not if, he leaves and it should be quite a mad scramble this summer.”

Neil Redfearn’s side has seen an abundance of youthful players excel at the Championship club this season, with Sam Byram, Alex Mowatt and Charlie Taylor also becoming key components of the Leeds United squad this season.
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #82 på: April 20, 2015, 20:14:04 »
En fantastisk pris til Lewis Cook:

@WALMOT3: Congrats Lewis Cook - The League Football Education Apprentice of the Year for the Championship #LUFC http://t.co/JQyofbQl1O

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #83 på: April 21, 2015, 21:21:07 »
@WALMOT3: Lewis Cook thanks Neil Redfearn #LUFC http://t.co/9yYDwoXt9z

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Leedsfan

« Svar #84 på: Mai 07, 2015, 23:59:35 »
Get in, get in!!!

@APOPEY: #lufc Had a text from Cellino tonight saying "We have just signed the Cook contract . Now with his family and his agent David Manasseh."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

J-R

« Svar #85 på: Mai 08, 2015, 00:51:35 »
Håp :-)

Blank_File

Sv: Sv: Sv: Spiller: Lewis Cook
« Svar #86 på: Mai 08, 2015, 01:07:16 »
Get in, get in!!!

@APOPEY: #lufc Had a text from Cellino tonight saying "We have just signed the Cook contract . Now with his family and his agent David Manasseh."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bra. Han er så hot at det er bra at vi nå får en større slant for han!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #87 på: Mai 08, 2015, 16:18:52 »
Leeds United: Lewis Cook weighing up contract offer

Leeds United's Lewis Cook
10:34Friday 08 May 2015
HAVE YOUR SAY
Leeds United hope starlet Lewis Cook will put pen to paper on a new contract next week after offering the 18-year-old an extension to his deal.

Owner Massimo Cellino says Cook is considering improved terms after a highly impressive first season as a professional at Elland Road.

Cook’s emergence from Leeds’ academy was one of the highlights of a hard and underwhelming Championship term but the midfielder’s existing contract expires next summer, leaving United exposed to interest in him.

The club were considering handing Cook a new three-year deal but comments from Cellino last night indicated that United plan to extend his agreement by 12 months to 2017.

Cook is weighing up the offer but Cellino told the YEP that he was hopeful of finalising the deal early next week.

The teenager has become one of Leeds’ most valuable assets in the space of a year, catching the eye with his marauding performances in midfield.

Cook, who was part of England’s European Under-17 Championship-winning squad last summer, made 38 appearances this season before an ankle ligament injury ended his campaign early. He was named as the Football League’s apprentice of the year last month.

Aston Villa and Newcastle United have both been credited with interest in him in the lead-up to the summer transfer window.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

« Svar #88 på: Mai 08, 2015, 17:53:54 »
Kun en 1 års forlengning? Stupid cupid!   ::)

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #89 på: Mai 08, 2015, 17:57:03 »
Burde vært 5 års kontrakt. Slik går det når Ronald Mc Donald  skal styre skuta