Skrevet av Emne: EX-manager/head coach: Darko Milanic  (Lest 101181 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Ny manager/head coach: Darko Milanic
« Svar #30 på: September 20, 2014, 23:05:02 »
Her er en liten karakteristikk av Maribors "style of play" i en euroligakamp mot Rangers:

Maribor have shown that, while competent, they are not a special side - and looked crestfallen until equalising last week. However, it is defensive concentration that has proven our undoing – as well as a few unusually good strikes – so far in Europe.

I en av Owe Røsslers første kamper gir han denne karakteristikken av Wigans bortemøtet med Maribor:

"I think everybody in the stadium would agree that we were the far better team. With no sending off, we would have won the game."

::)

For meg så ser det ut til at lav ballbesittelse og kontringer er tingen for Darkos lag!
« Siste redigering: September 20, 2014, 23:10:17 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #31 på: September 21, 2014, 00:56:38 »
Leeds make official approach for Milanic

Published: 20 September 2014

Mirco Antenucci celebrates Leeds's second goal in their 3-0 win over Huddersfield Town.

4 comments

Leeds have approached Sturm Graz head coach Darko Milanic in regards to the managerial vacancy at Elland Road, the Austrian club have announced.

The Yorkshire outfit are yet to replace Dave Hockaday - sacked in August after delivering only one Sky Bet Championship victory during his 70-day tenure - but Slovenian tactician Milanic has been asked to take the job.

Shortly before Sturm Graz beat SV Ried 1-0 in the Austrian Bundesliga on Saturday, a statement published on their official Facebook page read: “Darko Milanic has received an offer from Leeds.

“Sturm have also been presented with a request from England. But now we concentrate fully on the game. We will say more tomorrow.”

Should Milanic, 46, fly to Leeds in the coming days and subsequently agree to work under the club’s ambitious Italian owner Massimo Cellino, his first game in charge would be next Saturday’s trip to Brentford.

The 11th-placed Whites are unbeaten under the supervision of caretaker manager Neil Redfearn, who oversaw a 3-0 home victory over Huddersfield on Saturday and who is likely to be closely consulted by Milanic on first-team team matters during the early weeks.

As a player, Milanic captained Slovenia at Euro 2000 and, upon turning to management, guided Maribor to four Slovenian league titles and three Slovenian Cup wins.

He joined Sturm Graz on a three-year contract in June 2013, guiding the Styrian club to fifth-placed finish in 2013-14.

Die Schwoazn currently lie seventh in the Bundesliga table.

Speaking during the match against Ried, Sturm general manager Gerhard Goldbrich told diepresse.com: “Milanic has a tremendous opportunity in England. We do not want to punish him.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Leedsfan

« Svar #32 på: September 21, 2014, 09:12:45 »
@PhilHayYEP: The message from Leeds is that Milanic's appointment is a case of when not if. He's got a get-out clause which he's activating. #lufc
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #33 på: September 21, 2014, 10:21:21 »
Og vi tipper videre:

Defensive Organisation â€“ Milanic clearly likes his teams to be defensively shrewd. That would allow Leeds to become a very difficult team to beat, increasing their chances of snatching tight games, where they may not be too much creativity in open play.

SEE ALSO: Leeds to confirm Milanic as boss in next 48 hours - Three questions and reaction

Consistency â€“ It looks as though it may be a problem. At times, Milanic’s Sturm Graz side play freely in attack but at times they also struggle. The trick for Leeds if he becomes manager is to find consistency at both ends as the team climbs the Championship table. His side have won just three of their last 13 matches.

Pressure â€“ He’s coached one of the biggest teams in Austria so he’ll be well suited to the pressure which comes hand in hand with the job at Leeds United. The inconsistency which has been attached to his team will mean he’s experienced in terms of how to protect his players.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

mail2rj

« Svar #34 på: September 21, 2014, 11:14:27 »
Han spilte IKKE den siste gruppespillkampen mot Norge i Euro 2000, en 0-0-kamp der Bjørn Otto Bragstad spilte midtstopper for Norge og Erik Mykland var MOM (det var tider det). Milanic hadde fått 2 gule ila de to første innledende og var suspendert.

Tilorientering.

Erik_

« Svar #35 på: September 21, 2014, 12:05:16 »
Hvis denne Milanic legger opp til en helt annen stil enn det Hock prøvde på, og Redders har fått til. Så frykter jeg det verste og 'back to basics' innen kort tid.

Håper rapportene om kjedelig spillestil er feil.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #36 på: September 21, 2014, 12:17:13 »
Hvis denne Milanic legger opp til en helt annen stil enn det Hock prøvde på, og Redders har fått til. Så frykter jeg det verste og 'back to basics' innen kort tid.

Maribors siste seriemesterskap 2012-13 ga 80 mål på 36 kamper:

HJEMME.            BORTE.               TOTALT
1   MARIBOR   36   14   2   2   42-14   10   4   4   38-21   24   6   6   80-35   +45       78   Ch.Lg

Ã…ret før, 2011-12, var det enda bedre:

1   MARIBOR   36   14   3   1   50-16   12   4   2   38-19   26   7   3   88-35   +53        85   Ch.Lg QF

:)
« Siste redigering: September 21, 2014, 12:22:11 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #37 på: September 21, 2014, 13:15:11 »
Tydeligvis er overgangen til Leeds i boks, i flg. denne damen som har fulgt en pressekonferanse.

Carmel Garland ‏@SwissWhites  3 min
DOne, one way ticket to Leeds!!

Og denne:
Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY  23 sek
#lufc Tone of the current Sturm Graz press conference (in German) appears to be a very emotional thank you & farewell to Milanic from owner.
« Siste redigering: September 21, 2014, 13:18:10 av RoarG »
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #38 på: September 21, 2014, 14:05:05 »

Enig!Er redd for at han ødelegger det redders har startet på :(
er dessverre meget skeptisk til denne Milanic...håper jeg tar grusomt feil!!!

Erik M

« Svar #39 på: September 21, 2014, 14:10:45 »
Vi får håpe at dette ikke er en impulsansettelse, men at klubben/presidenten faktisk kjenner til mannen og hans kvaliteter godt.

Det er tåpelig å gi Redfearn så stor ære for at vi har hatt to kamper som har vært bra.  Det er vel i stor grad spillere og enkeltprestasjoner som har vært den store forskjellen.  Det tar lang tid å bygge et stabilt lag og en stabil spillestil.  Redfearn forblir en del av trenerteamet og vil sikre kontinuiteten og etterveksten i klubben.

Noe av det viktigste for Milanic er å tåle presset, pressen, fansen og, ikke minst, en president som helst vil bestemme alt.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #40 på: September 21, 2014, 15:13:30 »
Milanic To Take Assistant Nikcevic With Him
By Kevin Markey

Updated Sunday, 21st September 2014
Views: 1095
Leeds United RSS Feed

Darko Milanic is set to take his assistant at Sturm Graz with him to Leeds United.

The Slovenian coach is leaving the Austrian outfit and will take Novica Nikcevic to Elland Road as assistant.
That Nikcevic is poised to also leave Sturm Graz was confirmed by the Austrian side's sporting director Gerhard Goldbrich.

The sporting director confirmed to Austrian outlet SportNet that the final deal for Milanic to join Leeds has not been signed off on yet, but added "however we assume that Darko Milanic and Novica Nikcevic will go to Leeds."
Milanic will succeed David Hockaday as Leeds boss, following the former Forest Green Rovers manager's sacking last month.

by TaboolaSponsored LinksFrom Around the Web

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #42 på: September 21, 2014, 15:15:47 »
Darko Milanic appointed as new Leeds United head-coach
BY SAM ROURKE â‹… SEPTEMBER 21, 2014 â‹… POST A COMMENT

Darko Milanic has been appointed as the new Leeds United head-coach, Sturm Graz have confirmed.

Milanic will be the new Leeds manager
The 46-year-old managed Austrian Bundesliga side SK Sturm Graz. Milanic has won 9 titles as a manager in Slovenia and has managed in the UEFA Champions League & UEFA Europa League during his managerial spell with NK Maribor.

He started his managerial career with Gorica in 2007 and left a year later (2008) for NK Maribor where he spent five years and helped the club reach the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League and he joined SK Sturm Graz in 2013 and guided them to 5th place last season.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Erik_

« Svar #43 på: September 21, 2014, 17:12:11 »
Det er tåpelig å gi Redfearn så stor ære for at vi har hatt to kamper som har vært bra.  Det er vel i stor grad spillere og enkeltprestasjoner som har vært den store forskjellen.
Fikk ikke sett kampen i går, så kan ikke vurdere ut fra den. Om det er tåpelig å gi så stor ære til Redfearn får så være. Ut i fra tre matcher synes jeg det er mulig å se at Redfearn har hatt innvirkning på spillerne og hvordan de sparker denne ballen. Det gir ingen mening i å skifte spillestil nå, men det gjenstår å se om Darko Milanic er enig.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #44 på: September 21, 2014, 18:02:56 »
Leeds United: Milanic to be named United head coach tomorrow

Darko Milanic.
by Phil Hay
Published on the
21 September
15:33

Print this
Sponsored by

3 comments
Have your say!

Darko Milanic will be named as Leeds United’s new head coach tomorrow after quitting his job at Sturm Graz during an emotional press conference in Austria this afternoon.

The Slovenian announced that he was leaving Graz 24 hours after handling their squad for the final time in a 1-0 win over SK Ried and he is due to fly to England tomorrow to formally sign a deal at Elland Road.

Milanic - a former Sturm Graz player - described the chance to coach Leeds as an opportunity from “another world”, saying: “Who knows when such an offer will come again?”

Leeds have been working on his appointment since he and owner Massimo Cellino met for initial talks seven days ago and his release was secured on Friday after the 46-year-old activated a clause allowing him to buy his way out of his contract at Graz.

He agreed to take charge of the Austrian Bundesliga side during their league clash with Ried yesterday but the terms of his deal with Leeds were already in place and his arrival will end United’s three-week spell without a head coach.

Milanic said: “It was not an easy decision to go. I really wanted to stay here longer.

“Sturm is my club and here I experienced great times as a player and a coach. I won new friends. But then an offer came from a different league, from another world.

“This is a tremendous opportunity that I had to accept simply because who knows when such an offer will come again?”

Academy manager Neil Redfearn has worked as caretaker of Leeds since the sacking of David Hockaday on August 28 and United signed off his temporary reign with a classy 3-0 victory against Huddersfield Town yesterday afternoon.

Cellino ruled Redfearn out of the running for the full-time head coach’s job last weekend but promised that the 49-year-old would retain some involvement in first-team affairs.

Milanic, however, is understood to be bringing his assistant at Graz - Serbian Novica Nikcevic - to Elland Road and Leeds are yet to comment on where Redfearn will figure in the new coaching structure.

The deal with Milanic concludes Cellino’s extended search for a new coach in which he spoke with former West Bromwich Albion boss Steve Clarke and came close to appointing Oscar Garcia, the new boss of Watford.

United’s owner also had discussions with ex-Leeds manager Simon Grayson - currently in charge of League One Preston - though the club continue to insist that Grayson was never formally offered the job.

Milanic, meanwhile, has quit his job in Austria after only one full season in charge of Graz, a term which ended in a mid-table finish.

Most of his success as a coach came during five years at Slovenian side Maribor who won nine domestic trophies with Milanic in charge. He also claimed the league title during a previous reign a ND Gorica.

The former Yugoslavia and Slovenia international - a centre-back who retired through injury at the age of 31 - has a UEFA Pro Licence and is said to be fluent in several languages, including English.

His contract at Graz ran until 2016 but included a provision allowing him to sever the deal for a fixed fee.

He will inherit a United side who moved into the top half of the table after a convincing win over Huddersfield and have improved under Redfearn’s guidance.

The club took 10 points from his four league games in charge and will travel to Brentford next Saturday for Milanic’s first game as head coach.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

lojosang

« Svar #45 på: September 21, 2014, 18:23:56 »
Skeptisk av to årsaker: At han uansett får sparken innen et år, og at vi har fått så gode resultater de siste kampene uten ham. Sistnevnte langt den viktigste. Selv om vi har vært griseheldige i minst to av kampene og spilt mot et av divisjonens dårligste lag på hjemmebane i den siste har framgangen i spill virket tydelig.

CVen til Milanic er så god som vi kan forvente i divisjonen vi er og med eieren vi har.
Managere med bedre skussmål enn dette fra engelsk fotball vil nok heller søke seg mot Premier League enn å ta gjennomsnittlige åtte måneder som manager for Cellino.
Dette kan gå greit.
- Leif Olav

sportcarl1

« Svar #46 på: September 21, 2014, 19:15:42 »
vill ha redfearn kvar då jag tycker coachens/managerns roll är övereklamerat och ytterst sällan ger något bestående avtryck är ju spelarmaterialet som känns viktigare och det tycker jag vi äntligen har,, känns som en rundgång mellan tränararna i engelska ligasystemet,  ena dagen bärs de in i guldstol nästa dag bärs de ut i dyn,  dock intressant med att få in en erfarenhet utanför engelska seriesystemet då jag fått intrycket att engelsk fotboll mest står och stampar och har gjort det i 50-60 år, kommer stå bakom Milanic även om han skulle få en tuff start

Promotion 2010

« Svar #47 på: September 21, 2014, 19:46:51 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #48 på: September 21, 2014, 19:47:28 »
Har sett litt på hva han har utretta i bortistan. Og er faktisk litt positivt overaska over dette valget. Redfearn er jeg redd vil floppe før eller siden

Leedsfan

« Svar #49 på: September 21, 2014, 20:10:49 »
Har sett litt på hva han har utretta i bortistan. Og er faktisk litt positivt overaska over dette valget. Redfearn er jeg redd vil floppe før eller siden

Det verste er at jeg er helt enig med deg. Dette bytte av trenere kunne ikke kommet mer beleilig for alle parter!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #50 på: September 21, 2014, 20:30:43 »
@sksturm: Die heutige Pressekonferenz zum Abgang von Trainer Darko Milanic könnt ihr jetzt on demand ansehen.

#sturmgraz... http://t.co/u493FJO4fG

På tysk:  Darko Minanovic's avgang i Sturm Graz.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Kickthemdown

« Svar #51 på: September 21, 2014, 20:46:48 »
@sksturm: Die heutige Pressekonferenz zum Abgang von Trainer Darko Milanic könnt ihr jetzt on demand ansehen.

#sturmgraz... http://t.co/u493FJO4fG

På tysk:  Darko Minanovic's avgang i Sturm Graz.
Får i hvert fall med meg at de ikke er strålende fornøyd med at han drar siden sportsdirektøren gråter en skvett...

Dette blir særdeles spennende.

Jon R

« Svar #52 på: September 21, 2014, 20:48:16 »
Jeg støtter ansettelsen av en ny coach/manager og Redferarn tilbake til akademi og spillerutvikling. På lengre sikt tror jeg vi vil ha best nytte av Redders der.  :)

Milanc gir jeg blanke ark. Er verken spesielt positiv eller negativ til den ansettelsen. Ønsker han lykke til som Leeds coach!
Jon R.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #53 på: September 21, 2014, 20:56:12 »
Jeg støtter ansettelsen av en ny coach/manager og Redferarn tilbake til akademi og spillerutvikling. På lengre sikt tror jeg vi vil ha best nytte av Redders der.  :)
...du har fått med deg hintene fra Redders, samt fruen på twitter - det er ikke sikkert Redders er fornøyd med å fortsette i en akademirolle. Og det er nok plenty med Championship/League One - klubber som vil prøve seg på ham neste gang de skal ansette ny manager :/

Konklusjon: Man må prompte ha en rolle inn mot de to nye som kommer inn!
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

J.Hawley

« Svar #54 på: September 21, 2014, 20:58:16 »
Galskap å "avsette" Redders og ansette Milanic!!!!!!!!! Skal dette aldri ta slutt!!!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #55 på: September 21, 2014, 20:59:29 »
Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY  · 1h 
#lufc ...he told journalist @FabianZerche recently that he was developing a "fast passing through the middle style" at Sturm .

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Jon R

« Svar #56 på: September 21, 2014, 21:01:33 »
...du har fått med deg hintene fra Redders, samt fruen på twitter - det er ikke sikkert Redders er fornøyd med å fortsette i en akademirolle. Og det er nok plenty med Championship/League One - klubber som vil prøve seg på ham neste gang de skal ansette ny manager :/

Konklusjon: Man må prompte ha en rolle inn mot de to nye som kommer inn!

Har ikke lest dette, Asbjørn!

Refearn må gjerne bli direktør for min del. Det viktigste er å beholde han i en rolle som  bindeledd mellom a-lag og "rekruttene".  Cellino bør strekke seg langt for å beholde han. !
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #57 på: September 21, 2014, 21:02:09 »

Milanc gir jeg blanke ark. Er verken spesielt positiv eller negativ til den ansettelsen. Ønsker han lykke til som Leeds coach!

Han har i hvert fall etablert en vinnerkultur i Maribor etter at han kom inn:

Coach
Total titles: 9

League

Slovenian Championships:
Winner (4): 2008–09, 2010–11, 2011–12, 2012–13
Runner-up (1): 2009–10

Cup

Slovenian Cup:
Winner (3): 2009–10, 2011–12, 2012–13
Runner-up (1): 2010–11

Slovenian Supercup:
Winner (2): 2009, 2012
Runner-up (2): 2010, 2011

I Sturm Graz var han tidligere også spiller. Det kan av og til arbeide mot en selv. Vinnerkulturen er ikke pga en Coachs navn, men pga samhandlinger i klubben.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #58 på: September 21, 2014, 21:03:50 »
Milanič is multilingual and speaks several different languages including Slovene, German, English and Serbian. Milanič is also a qualified Marine engineering technician.[21]

His agent is former Slovenian International Midfielder Amir Ružnić.[22]

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #59 på: September 21, 2014, 21:25:20 »
Darko Milanic is the new Leeds head-coach
21/09/20141 Comment

Milanic will be Leeds head coach
By Russ Vernon

Leeds United will unvail Darko Milanic as the clubs new head coach tomorrow (Monday) after he quit his role as head coach of Sturm Graz this afternoon (Sunday).

Milanic, 46, managed Austrian Bundesliga side SK Sturm Graz. Milanic has won 9 titles as a manager in Slovenia and has managed in the UEFA Champions League & UEFA Europa League during his managerial spell with NK Maribor.

He started his managerial career with Gorica in 2007 and left a year later (2008) for NK Maribor where he spent five years and helped the club reach the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League and he joined SK Sturm Graz in 2013 and guided them to 5th place last season.

Neil Redfearn had been in charge of Leeds United since David Hockaday was sacked following the Capital one Cup defeat to Bradford City in August.

Redfearn took charge of 4 games and guided Leeds to three wins and a draw. Redfearn's last game in charge was the Yorkshire Derby against Huddersfield Town on Saturday afternoon in which Leeds won 3-0.
Min første Leeds-kamp: