Skrevet av Emne: Ex-Football Director: Nicola Salerno  (Lest 9771 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Kato

Ex-Football Director: Nicola Salerno
« på: Oktober 09, 2014, 13:25:17 »
På tide det gis litt kred til denne mannen. Mest sannsynlig hjernen bak mye av det sportslige vi foretar oss, uavhengig av om kamplederen heter Hockaday eller Milanic.

Ryktene sier relativt lave lønninger til italienerne. Det betyr bare en ting, mer kvalitet for en rimeligere penge.

Silvestri, Bellusci, Bianchi, Antenucci, Doukara? Klassesigneringer.

Etter hvert kommer vel Del Fabro, Montenegro, Adryan, Berardi, og Benedicic også.

Vår egentlige manager?
« Siste redigering: Juni 24, 2015, 15:19:29 av Promotion 2010 »

Jon R

Sv: Nicola Salerno
« Svar #1 på: Oktober 09, 2014, 14:09:53 »
Æres den som æres bør. Bortsett fra det vet vi vel heller lite om Salernos bidrag vs Cellino når det gjelder å rekruttere spillere? MC har jo uttalt seg som om det er han som har speidet  noen av spillerne...
Jon R.

Ove

Sv: Nicola Salerno
« Svar #2 på: Oktober 09, 2014, 16:50:27 »
Salerno gjør en god jobb etter det jeg kan registrere. Det underbygges ved at han er ønsket tilbake i italiensk fotball

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2014/10/09/palermo-president-fails-in-attempt-to-lure-leeds-united-sporting-director-back-to-italy/165324/

Promotion 2010

Sv: Football Director: Nicola Salerno
« Svar #3 på: April 04, 2015, 15:51:19 »
@PhilHayYEP: @APOPEY Cellino hinted last night that Salerno had or was about to "resign".

::)
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #4 på: April 04, 2015, 15:55:27 »
@APOPEY: #lufc No sign of Nicola Salerno either. Some talk he may have left. Needs confirming.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #5 på: April 04, 2015, 16:52:36 »
Da er det vel stor sjanse for at Thompson er tilbake snart...
Jon R.

Eriksen55

« Svar #6 på: April 04, 2015, 16:57:25 »
Da er det vel stor sjanse for at Thompson er tilbake snart...

Da snakker vi kaos og latterliggjøring.. Det er kanskje ikke så rart at mange spillere får en dupp i karrieren eller sliter med å prestere i Leeds... Det tøffe presset tror jeg ikke på lenger, men utenomsportslige hendelser.. Mener en proff skal tåle mye og klare å ha fokus, men det er grenser for alt!

lojosang

Sv:
« Svar #7 på: April 04, 2015, 21:29:43 »
Burde ikke komme som noen overraskelse. Har han noen gang fullført en hel sesong for en klubb?
- Leif Olav

Promotion 2010

« Svar #8 på: April 05, 2015, 18:13:48 »
@EmaGiulianelli: Someone asked me about Salerno's resignations. Next week we will know.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Gufrias

« Svar #9 på: April 06, 2015, 06:37:12 »
Rykte om at Salerno ønsker seg bort, og at Palermo vil ha ham:
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/03/30/leeds-united-sporting-director-nicola-salerno-wanted-for-return/?

Andrew Umbers kaller sparkingen av Thompson "disruptive". Ikke akkurat noen tillitserklæring til Salerno.
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/04/03/leeds-chairman-admits-salernos-decision-was-disruptive-still-no/?
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #10 på: April 06, 2015, 11:20:03 »
“I’m told Steve Thompson called our sporting director Nicola Salerno an offensive name in front of other people after the game at Fulham,” said Cellino.

“This is unacceptable. The board backed Salerno and I understand this.”

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/04/06/cellino-suggests-reason-thompson-was-removed-as-redfearns-assist/
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #11 på: April 08, 2015, 21:33:08 »
Leeds United: Nicola Salerno's future as sporting director in doubt

Leeds United sporting director Nicola Salerno says he will consider his future at the club over the coming week amid reports that he had resigned.
Disqualified owner Massimo Cellino told the Yorkshire Evening Post  that his fellow Italian had left the club.
However, Salerno told BBC Radio Leeds he will decide his future next week.
Cellino had said: "He resigned. I wanted him to stay and speak about it first when I got back to Leeds but he made the decision."
Salerno suspended assistant coach Steve Thompson last week.
No reason has been given for Thompson's suspension and head coach Neil Redfearn said he would have to consider his own position after the decision to suspend his assistant was made without his knowledge.
Redfearn has since confirmed he will finish the season with the Elland Road side.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #12 på: April 08, 2015, 21:35:58 »
Leeds United: Salerno has resigned, Cellino claims

Nicola Salerno
16:14Wednesday 08 April 2015
HAVE YOUR SAY
Nicola Salerno has resigned from his position as Leeds United sporting director, according to the club’s banned owner Massimo Cellino.

News of Salerno’s departure follows days of speculation about his job and comes in the wake of the suspension of United’s assistant head coach, Steve Thompson.

Thompson was suspended until the end of the season last Thursday over an “internal issue” and told that his contract would not be renewed when it expired in the summer.

Leeds said Salerno had been responsible for taking the decision about Thompson and a letter confirming Thompson’s suspension was signed by the 58-year-old Italian.

In a statement released to the BBC on Friday, chairman Andrew Umbers said Thompson’s exit was “disruptive but this is an internal issue and one the board has accepted.”

Thompson, who came to Leeds as Neil Redfearn’s assistant in December, has not commented on his situation and the ex-Blackpool coach is being advised by the League Managers’ Association (LMA).

But Salerno’s employment at Elland Road now appears to be at an end, less than a year after he came to Elland Road in the aftermath of Cellino’s takeover.

Salerno had previously worked under Cellino at Cagliari and he helped to arrange the arrival of 15 new players at Leeds last summer.

Cellino, who is in Miami, remains subject to a Football League order disqualifying him from influencing decisions at Elland Road. His ban ends on May 4, two days after the final game of the Championship season.

United have not responded to requests for comment about Salerno’s position but Cellino told the YEP: “He resigned. I’m not there so I don’t know why.

“I wanted him to stay and speak about it first when I got back to Leeds but he made the decision. This is the situation.”

Reports in Italy say Palermo - the club who Leeds signed Sol Bamba and Granddi Ngoyi from in January - want Salerno to join them as sporting director.

He did not attend United’s game against Blackburn Rovers last weekend or Monday’s 4-3 defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Leeds, meanwhile, are yet to explain the full reasons behind Salerno’s decision to suspend Thompson.

Cellino said he had “been told that Salerno was disrespected by Thompson” after a 3-0 win over Fulham last month. Sources close to Thompson, however, have denied that there was any fall-out between the pair at Craven Cottage.

United’s camp were in upbeat mood after their victory in London and Salerno was reported to have planted a kiss on Redfearn during the head coach’s post-match interview with the BBC.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #13 på: April 09, 2015, 11:49:18 »
Nicola Salerno has not resigned: he is very surprised by what YEP wrote. When Cellino will be back they will have to speak to clarify.

☺
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #14 på: April 09, 2015, 23:54:32 »
Nicola Salerno has not resigned: he is very surprised by what YEP wrote. When Cellino will be back they will have to speak to clarify.

☺

Farsen fortsetter altså. Godt det er ro og forutsigbarhet i klubben nå som jeg skal over for dobbel hjemme mot Norwich og Cardiff.  :P
Jon R.

Sydhagen

« Svar #15 på: April 10, 2015, 11:20:35 »

☺

Farsen fortsetter altså. Godt det er ro og forutsigbarhet i klubben nå som jeg skal over for dobbel hjemme mot Norwich og Cardiff.  :P

Akkurat dette er det vel media som har lagt til rette for.
Er vel ikke kommet noe fra klubben om at han er sparket så vidt jeg kan se...
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Jon R

« Svar #16 på: April 10, 2015, 11:43:17 »

☺

Akkurat dette er det vel media som har lagt til rette for.
Er vel ikke kommet noe fra klubben om at han er sparket så vidt jeg kan se...

Cellino er sitert på at fuglen har fløyet. Vi har vel da passert ryktestadiet.
Jon R.

raggen

« Svar #17 på: April 10, 2015, 11:48:08 »
var det ikke godeste darko som også mente han ikke hadde fått sparken og skulle tilbake
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #18 på: April 12, 2015, 14:32:49 »
Salernos number two:

And suddenly there was not only Salerno at training - who Redfearn always got on well with - but his 'assistant' as well, a young man named Andrea.

The 23-year-old Frenchman first came to the attention of the Cellinos when he was working in a furniture shop in Miami. Mrs Cellino came in as a customer and was impressed by how polite this young man was, and by the fact that he spoke a number of languages.

Soon he was brought over to the club in an intern capacity, initially working in the club shop and then assisting Salerno, acting as his interpreter. He was given a modest wage and put up in a flat in the city.

Other staff understandably became bemused when he started to turn up in the boardroom for matches though. And at meetings, and at the Thorp Arch training ground, where he would ask questions and occasionally voice opinions.

Staff at Elland Road soon started to nickname him 'the spy' - and it stuck.

This is all perhaps something of an aside, although it adds to the slightly surreal picture of the way the club was being run.

Tensions and mutual distrust between the two camps boiled over with the Antenucci affair. To recap, chairman Andrew Umbers told Redfearn he was not to select the striker because he was two goals away from triggering a clause that would give him another year's contract.

Redfearn said he would go along with this, but only so long as he could be honest about the reasons for not picking the player. After all, his form had picked up and he'd scored in his last two games. But he was told he mustn't do that.

When Thompson and Redfearn arrived for work on the morning of Thursday April 2nd, Bellusci and Antenucci were laughing. That seemed strange, but the reason soon became clear when Thompson was handed a letter, signed by Nicola Salerno, informing him he had been suspended.

Redfearn later spoke to Antenucci. "I stuck up for you, Mirco, and my mate got suspended," he said. "Now you're laughing about it."

Antenucci felt pretty bad about that. And, to be fair, his attitude, in both training and the matches, has been good and he earned a place in the side. Cellino, in turn, denied that Redfearn had ever been forbidden from selecting the striker.

When I spoke to the club's Italian owner last week, he revealed Salerno had tendered his resignation, but said he hoped to talk him out of it. It's hard to escape the conclusion that Salerno - who is described as a gentleman by pretty much everyone at Elland Road - felt very awkward about the events of the last fortnight.

So the club has no assistant manager, no sporting director and a manager on the brink.

The reasons for Thompson's departure are still not entirely clear. Cellino told me it was because he had called Salerno a 'retard' after the Fulham game, which Leeds won 3-0.

He also said he was still committed to the club and that they needed four or five new signings to mount a promotion charge next season.

In short, what we have is a situation of confusion, uncertainty and turbulence.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Leedsfan

« Svar #19 på: April 18, 2015, 20:40:04 »
Når jeg var over å så Leeds United - Blackpool 3-1 så var den en ung lyshåra pjokk som var i supporterbutikken på ER, han så ut som han eide hele butikken. Hadde aldri sett han før, tenkte at han var "Store Manager" eller noe. Så sitter jeg høyt på East Stand og kan se alle VIP-ene sitte på sine terasser/bokser og da er han der også, sammen med Terry George, sønn Cellino, datter Cellino og kone Cellino.

Visste aldri han var "The Spy", men det må ha vært han!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #20 på: April 22, 2015, 20:43:20 »
@sport_simon: I'm not being disrespectful here, but it's going to be difficult to ask Salerno to clarify all this, as he barely speaks a word of English.

Hvordan kan han ha tolket hva Thompson sa til ham. Ifølge Umbers er det kommunikasjonen som er en av grunnene til suspensjonen.  >:(
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #21 på: April 22, 2015, 20:44:54 »
Salerno er forøvrig på hemmelig sted etter å ha blitt skuffet og lei seg over reaksjonene da Thompson fikk fyken!

Latterlig!

Spark folk og fly avgårde med halen mellom beina.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #22 på: Mai 06, 2015, 08:46:29 »
Salerno har twitret sin kjærlighet til Leeds den siste uken, men Cellino påstår at han er ute:

"Leeds’ sporting director, Nicola Salerno, has been absent from United since signing the letter suspending Redfearn’s assistant, Steve Thompson, and although he has another 12 months on his contract, Cellino claimed last month that Salerno had resigned and is understood to be looking to replace him.

Salerno, who travelled home to Italy without warning amid the controversy over Thompson’s departure and is no longer actively working for the club, was in the thick of the transfer business which brought 15 new players to Elland Road last summer, many of them from Italian clubs."
Min første Leeds-kamp:

AndyMathie

« Svar #23 på: Mai 06, 2015, 13:10:19 »
Salerno har twitret sin kjærlighet til Leeds den siste uken, men Cellino påstår at han er ute:

"Leeds’ sporting director, Nicola Salerno, has been absent from United since signing the letter suspending Redfearn’s assistant, Steve Thompson, and although he has another 12 months on his contract, Cellino claimed last month that Salerno had resigned and is understood to be looking to replace him.

Salerno, who travelled home to Italy without warning amid the controversy over Thompson’s departure and is no longer actively working for the club, was in the thick of the transfer business which brought 15 new players to Elland Road last summer, many of them from Italian clubs."

Cellino er ikke den som godtar at man bare drar avgårde fra jobben sin ref Benito Carbone!
We are Leeds and we are proud of it!

Eriksen55

« Svar #24 på: Mai 06, 2015, 18:10:54 »
Det er i ferd med å utvikle seg til et fryktelig dårlig sirkus! Dem holder seg ihvertfall i underholdningsbransjen ...

AndyMathie

« Svar #25 på: Mai 07, 2015, 11:39:57 »
Det er i ferd med å utvikle seg til et fryktelig dårlig sirkus! Dem holder seg ihvertfall i underholdningsbransjen ...

Sirkus Leeds er ikke i ferd med å utvikle seg. Det har vært konstant helt siden Ridsdale "living the dream" periode. Der er ikke noe mer sirkus nå enn før, det er bare mer fokus siden vi har "feil" eier.
We are Leeds and we are proud of it!

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #26 på: Mai 17, 2015, 11:24:38 »
...dette høres sannsynlig ut i mine ører (om å signere 'brevet' til Thompson):

paul warrick ‏@paulwarrick3  Â· 6m6 minutes ago  
@sport_simon @steve14b It was a direct order from MC in Miami Steve. Salerno was told by AU to sign it, refused, then MC told him to sign.

Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Ny lånespiller: Souleymane "Sol" Bamba
« Svar #27 på: Juni 10, 2015, 20:21:38 »
är salerno kvar?
http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/nicola-salerno-set-to-leave-leeds-united-after-completing-loose-ends/

Nicola Salerno set to leave Leeds United after completing loose ends

Date: 10th June 2015 at 7:03 pm
 Written by: Joe Chuter | Comments (0)

Leeds United sporting director Nicola Salerno is set to leave the club after completing loose ends, according to Italian newspaper Tutto Mercato.

Salerno will be out of a job even though his contract doesn’t run out for another 12 months but seems likely to leave after weeks of speculation and debate amongst fans.

Salerno is currently working overtime to complete the loose ends on his table, one of which was Sol Bamba however the Italian has persuaded the defender to stay at Elland Road for another two years.

Serie A side Palermo looks likely to be Salerno’s next destination as he has had contact with club president Maurizio Zamparini, who is open to appointing Salerno, a year after he attempted to lure Salerno back to Italy but he ultimately chose to stay at Leeds.

Cellino commented on the 58-year-old during a press conference in May and confirmed that he would not be staying on as head of recruitment. Cellino stated that he would prefer an English person to take the job of recruitment saying; “we have enough foreigners, we bought too many. I was desperate”.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #28 på: Juni 24, 2015, 15:19:07 »
NEWS | Nicola Salerno has departed his role as Sporting Director at #lufc after a mutual termination of his contract was reached.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Sv: Ex-Football Director: Nicola Salerno
« Svar #29 på: Juni 24, 2015, 15:36:13 »
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11715/9874680

Lenke med videoer!

Leeds United under Massimo Cellino - Nicola Salerno lifts the lid

Inside a crazy season at Elland Road

By James Dielhenn

Last Updated: 24/06/15 1:59pm

Massimo Cellino: Controversial owner of Leeds United

He's the man nicknamed the 'manager eater' but what is Leeds owner Massimo Cellino really like to work with?

The enigmatic Italian has gone from guitar-playing, cigar-wielding folk hero – a man who mingled with supporters in the away end at Brentford – to the focus of fan frustration after Uwe Rosler, the club's fifth boss in 12 months, replaced the popular Neil Redfearn.

Sky Sports spoke to Nicola Salerno – the sporting director whose departure from Leeds was confirmed on Wednesday and Cellino’s right-hand man for most of last season – about a tumultuous year, plus his own role in sackings and signings.

Whenever the team goes through a bad situation he will change the coach, this is his character. The problem is not his – the problem is the bad situation of the team and their position in the Championship.

Nicola Salerno on Massimo Cellino

“Whenever the team goes through a bad situation Massimo will change the coach, this is his character,” Salerno said. “The problem is not his – the problem is the bad situation of the team and their position in the Championship.

“I wasn’t asked about appointing Rosler. There is a new executive director, Adam Pearson, and a new sporting director is coming in to help Massimo.

Uwe Rosler has been named the new head coach at Leeds

“Redfearn did a good job at Leeds but I don’t know if Massimo agrees with me. Massimo had a good relationship with Neil all season, but then with two months to go, I went back to Italy. Then their relationship became bad. It was only Massimo’s decision to sack Neil, he didn’t speak to me about it.

“It was always his decision to change coaches, he never asked me.”

During Cellino’s absence for a Football League disqualification for convictions in Italy, Redfearn’s assistant Steve Thompson was suspended, the team spiralling into a five-match losing streak amid accusations of a rift with Salerno.

With the owner banned from running the club, Salerno acknowledged a difficult personal situation with Thompson but wouldn't confirm how he departed.

“I had a bad relationship with Steve but I didn’t speak to Massimo about him."

Neil Redfearn explains his surprise when his assistant Steve Thompson was suspended

The notoriously hands-on Cellino, often accused of forcing his input into team selection and regularly spotted on scouting trips, brought in his long-time ally Salerno a year ago to help integrate a string of Italian-based players with the team’s crop of academy products.

Yet very few of the 12 players signed from Serie A and B played consistently, varying from the impressive goalkeeper Marco Silvestri to January loanees Edgar Cani and Granddi Ngoyi, who managed five league appearances between them.

Mirco Antenucci scores one of his 10 league goals

“Mirco Antenucci is a good player – he scored 10 goals in the Championship,” Salerno said. “Giuseppe Bellusci and Silvestri are very good and Gaetano Berardi has played in many positions.

“But Adryan will leave. Massimo was very excited to sign Adryan because he was a very good player at Flamengo and Cagliari. But in England, in a 4-4-2, he couldn’t play.

“The players who are contracted will stay but the players who were on loan will leave. The young players who didn't play – 100 per cent they will all leave Leeds.”

Leaving him on the bench was bad from Neil. He preferred to play with Steve Morison as the only striker.

Nicola Salerno on Mirco Antenucci

Antenucci, the Italian journeyman who was the club’s top scorer in his first season, became a symbol for apparent intrusion from above when rumours circulated that his exclusion had been advocated based on alleged contractual bonuses.

After notching his 10th goal of the campaign in March it was claimed that two more would trigger an extra year on his two-year deal. But Salerno, and the player's agent, place the blame squarely at the door of the former manager.

“Leaving him on the bench was bad from Redfearn. He preferred to play with Steve Morison as the only striker,” he said.

“Antenucci would get a bonus with 10 goals, then 12 goals, but it was always Neil’s decision not to play him.”

Leeds United fans seemed to turn against Cellino as the season wore on

Salerno allegedly quit the club before the end of the season but now claims that Cellino's fearsome axe also fell on him. Leeds confirmed via a statement that a "mutual agreement has been reached" for Salerno to depart and thanked him for his efforts but the former sporting director believes he is a victim of the club's change of approach.

“Cellino told me he would prefer to have another sporting director – an English one, not Italian," he said.

“I enjoy working with Massimo, he is the typical Italian president. I know him very well, we worked together at Cagliari for seven years.

"But now he doesn’t want me anymore. I had another year on my contract but I understand his characteristics.

How does the outgoing chief rate Leeds' chances next term?

"It is impossible to know if Leeds can be promoted with Cellino now because we don’t know the team they will have next season," Salerno added.

"The current team with three or four new players – they need a striker, a midfielder and a few defenders – would certainly be a good team."

Doncaster Rovers v Leeds United in the Capital One Cup is live on Sky Sports on August 13.
Min første Leeds-kamp: