Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Kalvin Phillips  (Lest 168154 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 4 gjester leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Spiller: Kalvin Phillips
« Svar #180 på: Januar 01, 2019, 22:02:33 »
Kalvin Phillips

I apologise to my team mates and our amazing travelling fans for my red card today. I mistimed my tackle, I accept responsibility and I will make up for my mistake. #LUFC @ City Ground instagram.com/p/BsGZZG6h2of/…

Pontus Jansson

You are one of the biggest reasons why this team are first in the table and you have been standing up for us every single minute so far so don’t say sorry, we are all behind you!

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #181 på: Februar 06, 2019, 23:43:14 »
Kalvin Phillips: The Defensive Linchpin!

FocusOnLeeds
thomaswilson04

10 hours ago

Advertisements
Kalvin Phillips is a defensive midfielder who is capable of playing higher up the pitch. In previous seasons this has been the case, with Garry Monk even playing him a number of times at the no.10 role. However, in the summer when Bielsa came into the club, he instantly recognised defensive qualities in Kalvin’s game, hence the switch to playing defensive midfield rather then box to box or an advance play maker. These attacking attributes do help him when it comes to the reading of the game, with many youth coaches playing players in the position of their direct rival on the pitch to gain an understanding on how you have to play their role.

His main job as a defensive midfielder in Bielsa’s team is to screen and cover the defence as well as being the main player to start attacks, just like a quarter back would do in American football. He is the defensive linchpin in the Leeds United side, allowing Klich and Hernandez to split high and wide which overloads the attacking areas and allows Leeds to play in triangles. This is achieved by the the full backs playing high up the pitch, joining in attacking with their wide men and one of the two more aggressive midfielders. Players like Barry Douglas, who albeit has had injuries, have been far less effective for Leeds this season when Phillips has been playing in defense, or has not been playing at all. Kalvin offers a lot more defensive cover than Forshaw, who has been playing in the CDM role since Phillips has dropped into defense. Confidence is a key factor for any team, and Leeds United as a whole are more confident when Kalvin is in midfield. Like previously mentioned, the full backs play higher up the pitch knowing that they have someone who has the ability to cover ground and break up play. Phillips is also very good at making fouls in the opposition half compared to Forshaw who often lets players advance well into the Leeds half before then giving away a free kick in a dangerous position.

Adam Forshaw offers a lot as a player but in an alone defensive midfield role, he’s exposed and is bypassed far too easy. He doesn’t have the tactical know how that Phillips has in that role. Phillips has made 71 clearances and 36 interceptions this season compared to Forshaw who has made 15 clearances and 15 interceptions. However on the ball, Forshaw has made more key passes. Despite both being tasked with the same job by Bielsa, Forshaw is playing more like a box to box midfielder compared to Phillips who is happy to sit and be in the right place when the opposition counter attacks. The stats of both players show that Forshaw’s first thought when he receives the ball is pay forward or drive forward with the ball, which i admire. However because of this he losses possession a lot in his own half, compared to Phillips who is happy to play backwards and create a better angle to begin attacks. This isn’t to say that Phillips doesn’t look forward, because he does, but is a lot more measured in his approach. Everyone has seen the long racking balls Kalvin’s played this season, and he finds space by popping the ball off to the defender and moving into space vacated by the center back. Overall it is harsh to compare the two players as both offer a lot to the team however with them both playing the CDM position this season, I thought it was only fair to compare who I believe plays it better.

As with Guardiola teams, Bielsa loves his teams to win possession high up the field and if the press is bypassed, the defensive midfielder is required to be in the right place. This makes the position one of, if not the most important position on the field. Manchester City are a lot better and more successful when Fernandinho plays compared to anyone else, and the same goes for Leeds United and Kalvin Phillips.

There is a still a lot to learn for Kalvin Phillips under Bielsa, but for a new defensive role and only having played 27 games this season, some at center back as well I personally think he has done well. I think going forward, now that Cooper is back fit and the likes of Berardi are soon to return, it is vital that Phillips is restored in midfield if we are to get promoted this season.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Cannavaro

« Svar #182 på: Februar 07, 2019, 10:02:41 »
Veldig enig med artikkel forfatteren over her.  Kalvin er utrolig viktig for vår defensive struktur i laget.  Håper og tror at Bielsa får inn Kalvin til start-elleveren mot Middlesboro lørdag.  Beskrivelsen om hvor annerledes vi er med Kalvin vs. Forshaw i denne rollen er betegnende og korrekt.  Som det er beskrevet tidligere ; Vi var ofte gode i de 20 første kampene med KP i denne rollen.
MFLU - Miracles For Leeds United

Jon R

« Svar #183 på: Februar 07, 2019, 19:53:01 »
Veldig enig med artikkel forfatteren over her.  Kalvin er utrolig viktig for vår defensive struktur i laget.  Håper og tror at Bielsa får inn Kalvin til start-elleveren mot Middlesboro lørdag.  Beskrivelsen om hvor annerledes vi er med Kalvin vs. Forshaw i denne rollen er betegnende og korrekt.  Som det er beskrevet tidligere ; Vi var ofte gode i de 20 første kampene med KP i denne rollen.
Noe Bielsa selv påpekte i starten. Kalvin må spille alle kampene, så viktig er han, sa Bielsa.
Jon R.

raggen

« Svar #184 på: Februar 07, 2019, 19:55:35 »
tror og håper Phillips kan være nøkkelen for veien og suksessen videre. bygge på det vi var gode på før og der var phillips en nøkkelfigur
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

Torpe-do

« Svar #185 på: Februar 08, 2019, 08:16:35 »
Eg óg veldig einig i forfattaren over her. No som skadesituasjonen tilseier at Phillips ikkje lengre treng å spele midstoppar, bør han få plassen sin tilbake som DM. Forshaw har gjort det greit, men eg syns han er for ustabil totalt sett. Verkar som me kjem oss raskarare framover og i betre posisjonar med Phillips på bana, og at me med det vert mykje vanskelegare å spele mot. I alle fall om motstandaren stiller høgt på bana.

Bjorn

« Svar #186 på: Februar 08, 2019, 09:56:20 »
Phillips my man! Du kommer tilbake og ruler DM plassen! Føler det på gikta! Ikke uten grunn at jeg har deg på ryggen på årets drakt!  :-* :-*
Marching On! 4276

leedslife

« Svar #187 på: Februar 08, 2019, 15:28:14 »
Det er helt vilt å fort det snur i fotball.
Forrige sesong på denne tiden ville folk ha han vekk.

Håper han leverer en prikkfri kamp i morgen! Trenger pondusen og motoren hans i morgen! Da må vi opp i ringen!

Woody

« Svar #188 på: Februar 08, 2019, 16:05:16 »
Det er helt vilt å fort det snur i fotball.
Forrige sesong på denne tiden ville folk ha han vekk.

Håper han leverer en prikkfri kamp i morgen! Trenger pondusen og motoren hans i morgen! Da må vi opp i ringen!
Pondus,motor og ikke minst hodet,vi trenger definitivt ikke noe nytt rødt kort...
LIFE IS LEEDS

Forever Whites

« Svar #189 på: Februar 08, 2019, 21:29:21 »
En av våres viktigste spillere denne sesongen.  Følger ikke helt Bielsa her.
Medlem 94237

Hallgeir *

« Svar #190 på: Februar 08, 2019, 21:36:39 »
En av våres viktigste spillere denne sesongen.  Følger ikke helt Bielsa her.

Dersom vi starter uten Phillips, er Bielsa på tynn is.
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #191 på: Februar 09, 2019, 16:56:01 »
Ashleigh
And that’s why folks we need phillips in over forshaw xxxxx

Phillips var bra i en vanskelig kamp. Synes han er enda litt skarpere og teknisk bedre enn Forshaw.

Det var nok et balltap fra ham som førte til 0–1, men han skulle neppe hatt den pasningen. Med headingen til 1-1 rettet han det elegant!  :D

Boro var knapt på banen de siste 60 minuttene! Mye av æren for det er den defensive organiseringen med Phillips’ trygghet med ball som et viktig element!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

HåvardK

« Svar #192 på: Februar 09, 2019, 17:24:09 »
Godt å ha ham tilbake i dag.

Jon R

« Svar #193 på: Februar 09, 2019, 17:25:28 »
Vår MOM by far.
Jon R.

sportcarl1

« Svar #194 på: Februar 09, 2019, 17:45:03 »
gjorde jobbet idag, gott han fick göra ett mål, var väl dock lite inblandad i Middlesbroughs mål då han och Alioski kletade vilket ledde till kontring och inlägg där  det fattade  mellan försvar och mittfält

TK20

« Svar #195 på: Februar 09, 2019, 19:13:50 »
Forshaw er god, Phillips er klasse!

Kato

« Svar #196 på: Februar 09, 2019, 19:31:41 »

Epler og pærer

Jon R

« Svar #197 på: Februar 09, 2019, 22:30:24 »

Epler og pærer
Nettopp, ulike kvaliteter og bruksområder. Skulle gjerne sett begge på vår CM samtidig.
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #198 på: Februar 14, 2019, 00:58:10 »
Jon Howe

Think you'll struggle to see a better midfield performance all season than that imperious display from Kalvin Phillips tonight. The bedrock of this side and absolutely undroppable #lufc

Etter å bli byttet ut etter 20 mins+ i første kampen mot Swansea!!!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

HåvardK

« Svar #199 på: Februar 14, 2019, 08:23:50 »
Var nok en gang helt outstanding. I tillegg til ro og pasningstrygghet tilfører han en solid porsjon muskler. Måten har plukker ballen fra motstanderen et par-tre ganger i går på er verdensklasse.

Sydhagen

« Svar #200 på: Februar 14, 2019, 10:10:19 »
Vår viktigste spiller. End of discussion.
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Promotion 2010

« Svar #201 på: Februar 14, 2019, 14:09:01 »
Lufcdata

Kalvin Phillips vs. Swansea:

97 touches
88% pass accuracy
73/83 successful passes
14 ball recoveries
7/10 long ball passes
4 tackles won
2 interceptions
2 aerial duels won
1 blocked shot
1 chance created
1 shot

Classy display. Essential cog in Bielsa's engine. #LUFC

Lufcdata

Kalvin Phillips made more touches (97), more ball recoveries (14), won more tackles (4) and completed more passes (73) than any Swansea player or midfielder last night. #LUFC

Lufcdata

Leeds' record with KP in 2018/19:

Won 18, Drawn 7, Lost 6
Win Rate: 58%

Leeds' record without KP in 2018/19:

Won 1, Drawn 0, Lost 3
Win Rate: 25%
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Kickthemdown

« Svar #202 på: Februar 14, 2019, 14:46:49 »
Gå ett par uker tilbake i tid så var storparten av forumet uenig med oss. Forshaw er en bedre ballvinner var noe av det som ble sagt.

Kjenner jeg blir irritert bare å ha diskutert hvem som er best av Phillips og Forshaw i denne rollen.  ;)

Kato

« Svar #203 på: Februar 14, 2019, 14:48:50 »
Gå ett par uker tilbake i tid så var storparten av forumet uenig med oss. Forshaw er en bedre ballvinner var noe av det som ble sagt.

Kjenner jeg blir irritert bare å ha diskutert hvem som er best av Phillips og Forshaw i denne rollen.  ;)

Storparten av forumet har kanskje forstått at epler og pærer ikke er det samme.

flynn

« Svar #204 på: Februar 14, 2019, 14:51:55 »

Jeg er enig i at Kalvin bør foretrekkes i denne rollen. Han har blitt virkelig god, og kan ikke være mange lysår unna landslaget. Når det er sagt, den beste forestillingen av en en holding midfielder vi har sett denne sesongen mener jeg var Forshaw mot Derby.
Vi får heller prise oss lykkelig over at vi virker å ha et realt luksusproblem på denne plassen, med to av divisjonens beste alternativ!

flynn

Eriksen55

« Svar #205 på: Februar 14, 2019, 14:59:39 »

Meg du sikter til.

Begge er gode i den rollen, men de løser den forskjellig. Forshaw er helt rå til å vinne tilbake ballen høyt i banen, Phillips er helt rå på å ligge dypt og bryte foran. Forshaw er alltid spillbar og løper enormt mye. Phillips er helt rå på å strø lange baller ut på kanten. Samtidig er han mer ballsikker.

Jeg vil bruke begge samtidig. Stort sett så er det vi som fører kamper og da vil jeg ha Forshaw som nummer 4. Ikke fordi han er noe bedre enn Phillips der, men fordi Phillips har mye mer å bidra med fremover og han er mer målfarlig!

Ã… si at Forshaw er god, betyr ikke at Phillips er dårlig!
« Siste redigering: Februar 14, 2019, 15:02:10 av eriksen55 »

leedslife

« Svar #206 på: Februar 14, 2019, 19:52:16 »

Enig med deg.. kjenner på irritasjonen selv..
 Det jeg gleder meg enda mer til er å lese din analyse av de to og ikke minst hvem som er mest effektiv i 4ér rollen ifht til motstander og taktikk.

Patrick

« Svar #207 på: Februar 15, 2019, 10:03:58 »
Phillips er i ferd med å bli vår divisjons Kante

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #208 på: Februar 16, 2019, 08:58:08 »
David Prutton om Kalvin:

...som Phil Hay beskriver artikkelen:
An insightful read from David Prutton - on the rise of Kalvin Phillips and the temperament which could make the midfielder a future club captain:

David Prutton: Why Kalvin Phillips is the man Leeds United can build around

Published: 22:56 Updated: 23:22 Friday 15 February 2019
With hindsight we should have known that Kalvin Phillips had it in him.

He’s worked under so many coaches at Leeds United and every single one had used him. No matter the changes in tactics or ideas, Phillips has always found a way to make his face fit. New signings haven’t changed that.

It’s true to say that good players are good players but I can think of plenty of old team-mates who found favour with one manager but couldn’t make themselves stick under another. When you get into the lower leagues, you’re not talking about elite performers who possess the talent to get a game by default. It’s a judgemental world and the first indicator of Phillips’ character is the fact that he’s survived at Leeds through some very messy years.

This season hasn’t been a doddle for him either. You watch him on a night like Wednesday against Swansea when, quite honestly he looks undroppable – a midfielder who would get into any team in the Championship no problem – but it’s easy to forget the times earlier in the year when Bielsa was hauling him off after half-an-hour or so and sacrificing him when things went wrong.

It’s not as hard to take substitutions like that when it’s coming from someone like Bielsa because you know it’s tactical and you know it’s not personal but players are precious and it’s impossible to be the victim of a change like that without imagining a massive sign above your head saying ‘it’s my fault’. That’s when you find out about someone. Does he sulk or does he take it with humility (and again, maybe it’s easier to take the embarrassment with humility when a coach like Bielsa is on the touchline)? How do you react?

I’ve dealt with Phillips through my job at Sky and he’s a lovely lad. I don’t want that to sound condescending because it isn’t. He’s polite, he’s honest to a sensible degree and I get the feeling that within the dressing room he’s very well liked. That counts for a lot and over the years I’ve been impressed with the ethos which Leeds seem to nurture in their academy. They’re in the habit of producing well-rounded kids who know their place, understand the importance of experience and genuinely want to learn.

Earlier this week we heard of the death of Eric Harrison, the coach who oversaw the old ‘Class of ‘92’ at Manchester United. While no Leeds fan wants to reminisce about Manchester United, it’s worth noting the way in which the players he developed have spoken about him and what they said about the way he looked after them.

The best youngsters invariably have the best mentors. They also have the maturity to take lessons as they go. It’s clear that Harrison used the stick as well as the carrot and I don’t doubt that Phillips will have been through the rough and the smooth. I remember days with Paul Hart (who I loved) at Nottingham Forest when it felt like I couldn’t do a sodding thing right, even if I was only cleaning the boots; almost like he was out to get me.

Phillips’ career so far has been a slightly slow burn (and I say that realising fine well that he’s only 23). He didn’t have the immediate, sensational impact of a Sam Byram or a Lewis Cook but who could look at all three now and say with certainty that Phillips won’t be the best of the lot?

You never can tell with academy players. Neil Redfearn once told me that he believed Alex Mowatt would play in the Premier League and he wasn’t alone there. Mowatt drifted away fairly quickly but Phillips is still there at Leeds and more integral than ever.

Bielsa’s work with him has been superb and what I think he spotted early on is Phillips’ talent of playing with the game in front of him. I’ve seen Phillips in different positions over the years, sometimes in a fairly attacking role, sometimes as a very central midfielder, but he’s never looked as comfortable as he does in the holding role.

We know he’s a robust, physical animal but he’s technically better than he’s been given credit for and one of his big talents is a willingness to keep things simple.

We’d all like to be the one who sends 50-yard balls from point to point, slicing open defences with passes which people rave about on Twitter later but sadly, very few of us are Pablo Hernandez. Phillips’ range of passing is actually very good but there’s no ego in his play. If there’s an easy out to Hernandez on the wing, he’ll take it. If his job involves working the ball into space and leaving others to sound the attack, he’ll stick to it.

His goal at Middlesbrough last weekend was his first of the season and, someone said, his fourth effort on target. I love that stat. It’s a great example of someone sticking to his job, despite the temptation to look for personal glory.

I’d struggle at this stage to pick out a better holding midfielder in the Championship and at 23, Phillips has become a player who Leeds need to build their team around. We’re bad in England at lauding young players who haven’t made a splash but he’s got over 100 appearances already, he’s having the season of his life and he’s the sort of athletic specimen who looks like he could play until he’s 40.

When was Phillips last injured? When does he ever seem like his legs have gone as injury-time comes? Does anybody else think he’s starting to look like a club captain of the future?

You don’t want his head to expand but his head never does, which is probably why he’s a Bielsa protege: willing to listen, willing to learn and convinced about the benefits of doing both. People will call him an example to other academy players. There are players beyond his years who could take a leaf out of Phillips’ book too.

Read more at: https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/david-prutton-why-kalvin-phillips-is-the-man-leeds-united-can-build-around-1-9599112
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #209 på: Februar 18, 2019, 23:03:54 »
Lufcdata gir oss Phillips stats:

2403 mins played
1749 passes