Skrevet av Emne: Ex-Daglig leder: Matt Child  (Lest 3584 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Gufrias

Ex-Daglig leder: Matt Child
« på: Desember 12, 2014, 20:02:17 »
http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1533c5glwgnpe1q6zvq54di3d0/title/key-appointment-made-at-elland-road

Sitat
Leeds United are delighted to announce the appointment of Matt Child as the club's new Chief Operating Officer.
Matt comes from the telecoms industry having held senior positions in private equity backed companies.
Club president Massimo Cellino said: “I am delighted to announce the appointment of Matt Child as our new Chief Operating Officer. Matt will take immediate responsibility for the management and development of the day to day business. It is vitally important that we protect and enhance the future of the club and develop the most effective ‘off field’ team that we can”
Matt Child said: “It’s clichéd but I’m genuinely honoured to represent the club. The opportunity to deliver value to your hometown team and city doesn’t happen that often, if at all, so when I was asked to step in there was only one answer. I have been involved for a few months behind the scenes and have been hugely impressed by the president's passion, commitment and will to win. We find ourselves in interesting times but as a Leeds fan I know only too well that we are often at our best when we have adversity to overcome. We have a number of big tasks ahead of us but if any club can do it, we can”.
- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1533c5glwgnpe1q6zvq54di3d0/title/key-appointment-made-at-elland-road#sthash.4Hznv5N9.dpuf
« Siste redigering: Mars 25, 2015, 09:59:26 av Promotion 2010 »
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Sydhagen

Sv: Ny daglig leder: Matt Child
« Svar #1 på: Desember 12, 2014, 20:21:38 »
Er dette mannen som skal passe butikken mens MC er utestengt?
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

flynn

Sv: Ny daglig leder: Matt Child
« Svar #2 på: Desember 13, 2014, 09:28:57 »
Dette høres bra ut synes jeg. Aner ingenting om mannen selvsagt, men en som åpenbart kjenner business, klubben og byen. Måtte han få en lang og vellykket karriere i klubben, og ikke suse på hue og rævva ut igjen så snart han taler Massimo imot!

flynn

h.b

• Gjest
EX-Chief Operating Officer: Matt Child
« Svar #3 på: Mars 23, 2015, 16:05:40 »
Sikker storm i et vannglass. Men hva skjer her. Er det innskreninger som er saken her, har Cellino gått tom for lønn til lønninger.
Ingen vil kommentere dette. Så dette finner jeg urovekkende
http://www.leedsunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/matt_child_leaves_club_857768/index.shtml?
« Siste redigering: Mars 25, 2015, 09:56:35 av Promotion 2010 »

Promotion 2010

Sv: Matt Childs slutter
« Svar #4 på: Mars 23, 2015, 16:28:16 »
@APOPEY: #lufc Chief Operating Officer Matt Child has left Leeds United on his own terms after six months.

Dramatikk?  Bare hvis vi selv vil!  ::)
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #5 på: Mars 23, 2015, 16:39:57 »
@APOPEY: #lufc Chief Operating Officer Matt Child has left Leeds United on his own terms after six months.

Dramatikk?  Bare hvis vi selv vil!  ::)

Selvsagt vil vi. Hvilken amøbe av idiot når man er Leeds fan, velger å si opp en slik jobb, uten at man blir pressa ut

Leedsfan

« Svar #6 på: Mars 23, 2015, 17:05:42 »
Det sies at Child ønsket å jobbe under Cellino, men jobber nå under Umbers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

auren

« Svar #7 på: Mars 23, 2015, 17:43:37 »
Det sies at Child ønsket å jobbe under Cellino, men jobber nå under Umbers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a child! Jeg blir helt matt! :D

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

p0ndus

• Gjest
« Svar #8 på: Mars 23, 2015, 18:03:24 »
Med hva da, barnefotball . ;)

viking

« Svar #9 på: Mars 24, 2015, 15:00:10 »
Barnslig....

Promotion 2010

Sv: Ex-Daglig leder: Matt Child
« Svar #10 på: Mars 26, 2015, 21:45:09 »
Upheaval at Elland Road: Inside track on Child's resignation
Even when things are going well on the pitch at Leeds United - which they invariably have been in 2015 - there seem to be problems off it.
And so it was yesterday, when we heard that chief operating officer Matt Child had resigned. He left a transition letter, handed in his resignation, cleared his desk and went.

Although I certainly wouldn't claim to know Child well, I have spoken to him, am aware of some of his work and have spoken to people who have dealt with him.

He's a Leeds United fan; a normal bloke who is able to get on with a wide array of people (including Massimo Cellino!); and he has a background in commerce and private equity.

So I think he was an asset. He had forged a good relationship with the City Council, the local police, and even, to an extent, with the Football League.

Manager Neil Redfearn trusted him, and he was a good middle man between the boss and Cellino when the Italian was in situ. Cellino is, putting it mildly, a mercurial character.

So Child leaving leaves a void. Some might say it's fortunate the club is moving towards mid-table mediocrity (who wouldn't have taken that a few months ago?) yet there are important matters that need to be dealt with.

Redfearn still hasn't been offered a new contract. Nor have the young guns, Lewis Cook, Alex Mowatt, Sam Byram and Charlie Taylor. All five will be coveted elsewhere.

The lack of progress on the contracts is cause for alarm and could soon be made to look like negligence.

So the million dollar question: why did Child resign? He has Leeds in his heart and had even worked for two months free of charge when first arriving at Elland Road, so eager was he to help out and prove his credentials.

Child didn't want to comment when I contacted him about this and I don't have contact with the club's chairman, Andrew Umbers. But from my understanding, Child was feeling increasingly marginalised over recent weeks.

The final straw came when he was informed, by Umbers, that there would be no room for him in the directors' suite for the matches against Fulham or Blackpool.

You might say that alone did not matter too much. But it was more what it signified - and the message being put across was clear.

So the club is left with Umbers very much in charge of day-to-day affairs now, in the absence of Cellino.

Is he the man to sort out the contracts? It's certainly fair to say he doesn't have the relationship with Redfearn (or with other stakeholders and club employees) that Child did.

He's an investment banker and it's not outlandish to believe he's in situ to broker the sale of the club (and earn a commission). He's done it before of course. And is that why Cellino deems him useful too?

When I last spoke to the Italian (see last post), he was adamant that the club was not for sale. But he added that everything was for sale at the right price.

"Is your car for sale, Simon?"

"No."

"Would you sell it to me for fifty thousand?"

"Yes."

"There you go."

And that's why I wonder if Child might even be involved again one day: a Leeds fan, who has forged good contacts locally, who knows the inside workings of the club and has a background in private equity.

Stranger things have happened.

Posted by Simon Austin at 08:48
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #11 på: Mars 26, 2015, 21:45:39 »
@sport_simon: Redfearn says Matt Child is "a big loss for the club. It has come as a shock." #lufc
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #12 på: Mars 26, 2015, 21:46:08 »
@sport_simon: Redfearn said he & Salerno in charge on football side/ Umbers in charge off field… and "I've got a good relationship with Nicola".
Min første Leeds-kamp: