Skrevet av Emne: EX assisterende head-coach: Steve Thompson  (Lest 36746 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Blank_File

Sv: Sv: Sv: Suspendert assisterende head-coach: Steve Thompson
« Svar #90 på: April 21, 2015, 19:10:29 »
Kaller du sjefen din for retard er vel konsekvensene ganske åpenbare. Håpløs kultur og holdning.

Undres over hvor den kulturen og holdningen kommer fra.  ::)

Ja det lurer jeg også veldig på.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Suspendert assisterende head-coach: Steve Thompson
« Svar #91 på: Mai 07, 2015, 16:12:30 »
@APOPEY: #lufc Andrew Umbers has confirmed to me that he invited suspended assistant Steve Thompson to attend the club's end of season dinner.

@APOPEY: #lufc I have also asked if that invite is an admission by the club that there are no grounds for Thompson's suspension. I await the response

::)
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #92 på: Mai 07, 2015, 16:27:58 »
@APOPEY: #lufc Andrew Umbers has confirmed to me that he invited suspended assistant Steve Thompson to attend the club's end of season dinner.

@APOPEY: #lufc I have also asked if that invite is an admission by the club that there are no grounds for Thompson's suspension. I await the response

::)

#HÃ…Ã…Ã…PE  :-\ :-\ :-\
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Gufrias

« Svar #94 på: Mai 30, 2015, 12:19:04 »
Slettes ikke pent.

“I will have my say on the matter, I have been quiet for two long now but there was no incident. I was suspended for no reason what so ever."

“I got suspended and I am still waiting for the reason why.”

“It has been very upsetting. I can say with 100% accuracy that I did absolutely nothing wrong.”

“I won’t be going back. There is no way. Leeds United is a big club, you don’t have to sell anybody the club’s history, but no one treats me like that, especially when I have done nothing.”

“Thats the disappointing thing for me. If I had done something wrong, I would have held my hand up and walked away but to suspend someone for nothing – I don’t work for people like that."

“You cannot work under those circumstances and how things in the dressing room were. There are many things that are not right at that club.”
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Jon R

« Svar #95 på: Mai 30, 2015, 12:38:23 »
Tar bladet fra munnen, men sier ikke noe:

http://www.footballfancast.com/championship/leeds/exclusive-steve-thompson-talks-out-about-his-leeds-suspension

Hva mener du med at han ikke sier noe? Han dementerer at det har vært noen "hendelse", ergo at påstandene om at han har sagt noe ufint om Salerno ikke er riktige. Han vet rett og slett ikke hvorfor han er suspendert. Ikke minst sies det mye mellom linjene her når det gjelder arbeidsforholdene og stemningen i klubben. Det hele står i grell kontrast til klubbens versjon, uten at det kommer som noen bombe.  ::)

Her er det nok bare å vente på at saken trekkes inn i rettsalen, og påstander om at Cellino på en eller annen måte har vært involvert i denne affæren mens han har vært suspendert av FL. En ting er jeg sikker på: Engelske tabloider vil ha nok å skrive om så lenge Cellino + Leeds United eksisterer.   :P
Jon R.

Trulsaren

« Svar #96 på: Mai 30, 2015, 19:53:21 »
Personlig synes jeg jo at denne saken er noe vi kunne vært foruten, men jeg stusser jo litt over at han "ikke har gjort noe", han har blitt dårlig behandlet (osv) - men har hverken tatt saken for retten eller gått til pressen med hele historien. Ikke er jeg noen stor jurist, og i hvert fall ikke på britisk lovgivning, men om det er slik han sier må det da stride mot minst en eller annen form for britisk AML?!
Some fans have gone from begging for Omar Bogle from Grimsby to being disappointed with Lasogga from Hamburg in 6 months... #lufct

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #97 på: Mai 30, 2015, 20:43:38 »
Tar bladet fra munnen, men sier ikke noe:

http://www.footballfancast.com/championship/leeds/exclusive-steve-thompson-talks-out-about-his-leeds-suspension

Hva mener du med at han ikke sier noe? Han dementerer at det har vært noen "hendelse", ergo at påstandene om at han har sagt noe ufint om Salerno ikke er riktige. Han vet rett og slett ikke hvorfor han er suspendert. Ikke minst sies det mye mellom linjene her når det gjelder arbeidsforholdene og stemningen i klubben. Det hele står i grell kontrast til klubbens versjon, uten at det kommer som noen bombe.  ::)

Her er det nok bare å vente på at saken trekkes inn i rettsalen, og påstander om at Cellino på en eller annen måte har vært involvert i denne affæren mens han har vært suspendert av FL. En ting er jeg sikker på: Engelske tabloider vil ha nok å skrive om så lenge Cellino + Leeds United eksisterer.   :P
Og når de engelske journalistene ikke har noe negativt og horribelt å skrive om Cellino eller Leeds United, så fabrikerer de selv en historie ut i fra ingenting. Cellino er en bortskjemt tulling, men en pannekake har garantert mer enn 1 side Jon R.... ;D

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: EX assisterende head-coach: Steve Thompson
« Svar #99 på: Juli 03, 2015, 23:26:51 »
Redfearn's former assistant Steve Thompson: 'Complex' Leeds could be top five club in Britain

Former Leeds assistant manager Steve Thompson says the club could be one of the best in Britain.

View image | gettyimages.com

Newly-appointed Preston North End first team coach Steve Thompson has told BBC Radio Lancashire that former club Leeds can be a top five team in Britain.

Thompson, 50, was appointed Preston first team coach on Wednesday, reuniting with manager Simon Grayson after the duo not only played together for Leicester but also worked together at Blackpool.

Thompson's arrival at Deepdale is seen as a move to help the Lilywhites as they return to the Championship for the first time since relegation in 2011, with manager Grayson acting quickly to land him following his suspension at Leeds United.

Appointed as Neil Redfearn's assistant manager back in December 2014, Thompson aided Leeds' revival before the club controversially announced on their official website that Thompson had been suspended with immediate effect in April.

With his suspension up and Thompson free to move on, he has joined Preston - but told BBC Radio Lancashire upon his arrival that Leeds can become a top five club in Britain again, but added that the Elland Road club are 'complex' under the stewardship of chairman Massimo Cellino.

"It was a fantastic opportunity to work for what could be a top five club in Britain, there's no doubt with their support," said Thompson. "It was very complex, very different to what I was used to with the staff and the players, but it was great working with Redders."

"Our main objective was to keep them up in the Championship when they were two points off relegation, and we comfortably did that, we were third in the form league. We had everything going then, and then the suspension came and the wheels came off with five straight losses after it. The player were very disappointed with how I was treated, but you move on," he added.

Steps in the right direction

Leeds were in turmoil last season, but their summer activity so far suggests that there could be some stability in the near future.

Calculated signings such as Lee Erwin, Sol Bamba and Chris Wood have arrived, as has new manager Uwe Rosler, whilst the experienced Adam Pearson has also joined to assist Cellino.

Thompson's departure may have been a low point in Leeds' season, but it seems that the Whites are moving in the right direction - 11 years after their relegation from the Premier League.
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/03/redfearns-former-assistant-steve-thompson-complex-leeds-could-be/
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #100 på: September 06, 2015, 17:45:31 »
Enda et Thompson-intervju, og man kan bare lure på hva det egentlig gikk i (sett at Thompsons fremstilling er riktig)...
Han siterer noe Redders sa til ham som han først ikke forstod:
“I remember Redders [Redfearn] saying to me, ‘The better we do here, the worse it will be for us’. I thought that strange at the time but he was right.

Deretter kommer han med en teori:
“I think it was done to try and undermine Redders, and I really felt for him.

???

Han fikk altså også tilbud om å returnere...   :-\

Former Leeds United assistant Steve Thompson says he was offered return by club, denies Nicola Salerno rift

Leeds controversially suspended Thompson in April.

Leeds United seem to be a settled club again at the moment. Adam Pearson has restored some order behind the scenes whilst Uwe Rosler has the team playing well on the pitch.

Toward the end of last season of course it was a completely different story.

One major area of controversy was the suspension of Neil Redfearn’s assistant Steve Thompson.

In a move that seemingly came out of the blue he was temporarily relieved of his duties in April and he never returned, with Redfearn also leaving the club.

It was a shocking decision as Thompson had been lauded for his impact on the first-team, helping to lead them from the relegation zone to a comfortable mid-table position.

No official reason has ever been given for his exit, but one rumour was a poor relationship with sporting director Nicola Salerno.

However he has refuted that in an interview with the Lancashire Evening Post today. The 50-year-old, who was appointed first-team coach at Preston North End this summer, stated:

“I remember Redders [Redfearn] saying to me, ‘The better we do here, the worse it will be for us’. I thought that strange at the time but he was right.

“One Thursday morning a letter was put on my desk informing me I had been suspended. There was no explanation and it was such a frustrating time for me.

“There were allegations of me falling out with football director Nicola Salerno but I didn’t fall out with anyone.

“They lost five games on the bounce and the dressing room was spilt. Later I had offers to go back but I could never do that.”

It certainly seems that, for whatever reason, the duo of Thompson and Redfearn just never sat right in the eyes of the hierarchy at Leeds United.

However, while what happened behind the scenes will always niggle at some Leeds fans, things appear to be settle now.

Leeds fans will therefore be getting behind the current structure and will want to forget about the circus that surrounded the club last season.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/09/06/former-leeds-united-assistant-steve-thompson-says-he-was-offered/
« Siste redigering: September 06, 2015, 17:49:08 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Leedsfan

« Svar #101 på: September 06, 2015, 21:26:33 »
Enda et Thompson-intervju, og man kan bare lure på hva det egentlig gikk i (sett at Thompsons fremstilling er riktig)...
Han siterer noe Redders sa til ham som han først ikke forstod:

Deretter kommer han med en teori:

???

Han fikk altså også tilbud om å returnere...   :-\

Former Leeds United assistant Steve Thompson says he was offered return by club, denies Nicola Salerno rift

Leeds controversially suspended Thompson in April.

Leeds United seem to be a settled club again at the moment. Adam Pearson has restored some order behind the scenes whilst Uwe Rosler has the team playing well on the pitch.

Toward the end of last season of course it was a completely different story.

One major area of controversy was the suspension of Neil Redfearn’s assistant Steve Thompson.

In a move that seemingly came out of the blue he was temporarily relieved of his duties in April and he never returned, with Redfearn also leaving the club.

It was a shocking decision as Thompson had been lauded for his impact on the first-team, helping to lead them from the relegation zone to a comfortable mid-table position.

No official reason has ever been given for his exit, but one rumour was a poor relationship with sporting director Nicola Salerno.

However he has refuted that in an interview with the Lancashire Evening Post today. The 50-year-old, who was appointed first-team coach at Preston North End this summer, stated:

“One Thursday morning a letter was put on my desk informing me I had been suspended. There was no explanation and it was such a frustrating time for me.

“There were allegations of me falling out with football director Nicola Salerno but I didn’t fall out with anyone.

“They lost five games on the bounce and the dressing room was spilt. Later I had offers to go back but I could never do that.”

It certainly seems that, for whatever reason, the duo of Thompson and Redfearn just never sat right in the eyes of the hierarchy at Leeds United.

However, while what happened behind the scenes will always niggle at some Leeds fans, things appear to be settle now.

Leeds fans will therefore be getting behind the current structure and will want to forget about the circus that surrounded the club last season.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/09/06/former-leeds-united-assistant-steve-thompson-says-he-was-offered/

Offer for egen suksess. Problemet var vel hvordan denne suksessen ble oppnådd, hadde Redders involvert signeringene til Cellino mer så hadde vel han kanskje fortsatt vært Headcoach?

I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #102 på: September 06, 2015, 21:31:44 »
Mer fra intervjuet:

Former assistant Steve Thompson reveals that some foreign players used to smoke before Leeds United training

The former assistant to Neil Redfearn was not impressed with the state of Leeds upon his arrival.

Things are looking positive at Leeds United at the moment, but last season was a completely different story. One casualty of the circus at Leeds last term was Steve Thompson. The former Leeds assistant was suspended for no reason in April, despite having a positive impact on the first-team.

A personal friend of then manager Neil Redfearn, it was a shock move from the powers at be at Leeds.

He has now been speaking to the Lancashire Evening Post about the state of things at Leeds when he arrived at the club.

Thompson, who is now first-team coach to former Leeds man Simon Grayson at Preston North End, said the dressing room was divided when he arrived and that some of the foreign players at the club would be smoking before training:

“Neil Redfearn had been given the job at Leeds and it was no-brainer to join him,” he said.

“They were second-bottom of the table and the job was to save them from relegation.

“It was so complex there, with something of a divided dressing room and players who just weren’t good enough.

“You had some of the foreign lads smoking before training which was something I just wasn’t used to."

Of course Leeds owner Massimo Cellino is certainly sympathetic to a nicotine user, he infamously stopped a macabre press conference this summer for a ciggie break.

But professionals in this day and age should be taking better care of their bodies and smoking is not going to help you run around a pitch for 90 minutes.

SEE ALSO: Ex-Leeds United assistant says he rejected Elland Road return, denies Salerno rift

Now it seems Leeds have trimmed the club of much of the riff-raff, and are left with a potent looking squad for new boss Uwe Rosler to deal with.

Even if some of the boys are still sneaking in the odd nicotine fix.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/09/06/former-assistant-steve-thompson-reveals-that-some-foreign-player/
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Runar

« Svar #103 på: September 07, 2015, 13:27:23 »
Forferdelig intervju, hva med oppfølgningsspørsmål?

Promotion 2010

« Svar #104 på: Februar 06, 2016, 09:37:05 »
Intervju med Thompson på BBC Radio Leeds:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03g0byg#playt=29m05s
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #105 på: April 03, 2016, 11:41:21 »
Nå i Preston og noe av grunnen til den gode formen laget viser:

Steve Thompson: Leeds' loss is Preston's gain

Match-winner Jordan Hugill explained what Steve Thompson has brought to Preston North End since arriving at the club in the summer.
I've always been intrigued, because his arrival at Leeds last season also led to an upturn, before he was suspended and then released.

There still hasn't been an official reason as to why this happened and Thompson is none the wiser.

"We’ve not really changed the squad since we got promoted from League One," Hugill told me.

"The spirit is still the same, everyone loves to come training. We’ve moved up the table as we’ve gone along.

"He’s been really good around the training ground. Sometimes after reserve games I’ll go to him and say what can I do better and he’ll always be honest with me.

"He gets players going. It’s something you need to have at the club and he’s brilliant.

"It’s good to have someone you can do and say what can I improve on? You’re always learning the game, no matter how old you get.

"It’s good to have someone to say ‘do this, don’t look out of place and he’s done that with me.’"
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Cherry

« Svar #106 på: April 05, 2016, 20:33:41 »
Eyyy, yo... Ar U loookin at mi, ey? Lookinnn at mi?? 

(Salerno som ikke tålte stygge blikk aller kommentarer)...