Skrevet av Emne: EX-keeper: Charlie Horton  (Lest 4531 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Annesj

« Siste redigering: November 23, 2015, 19:34:39 av Promotion 2010 »
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

Promotion 2010

Sv: Ny Keeper: Charlie Horton
« Svar #1 på: Juni 09, 2015, 16:03:48 »
Uwes første signering ble en keeper.

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1ijnujzg8ss6v1objx2cklbeo4/title/young-goalkeeper-signs-up

YOUNG GOALKEEPER SIGNS UP

USA youth international Charlie Horton becomes the first signing of the summer...

Published 09 June 2015 at 02:00

Charlie Horton

We are pleased to announce the signing of young goalkeeper Charlie Horton from Cardiff City on a two-year deal.

The highly-rated shot-stopper, a USA Under-23s international, becomes Uwe Rosler’s first signing of the summer and arrives at Elland Road with a burgeoning reputation in the game.

The initial plan for Charlie, who Rosler describes as “a future number one”, is to gain regular playing time for the club’s Under-21s while also providing competition for the first team, who he will train with throughout the week.

Horton, 20, was born in London but moved to America at the age of nine and went on to gain a soccer scholarship at North Carolina University, which he turned down in favour of a move to English football.

Having been brought across to England on the recommendation of former Tottenham goalkeeper Brad Friedel, the youngster joined Peterborough United on a three-year deal back in 2013.

He spent a year at London Road before moving up a division to sign for Championship rivals Cardiff City last July, joining the club’s U21s set-up and providing back-up to the senior goalkeepers within the squad.

Charlie spent last season working closely with goalkeeping coach Richard Hartis, who Rosler says had a big influence in United’s first move of the summer window.

“We had Charlie on our radar through our goalkeeping coach Richard Hartis – he had worked with him at Cardiff,” said Rosler.

“I know the manager and assistant manager of the USA team and they gave him a glowing reference. We’re very happy with him.

“He has fantastic physical attributes and is a really positive character. He really wants to learn.

“He worked with Richard Hartis at Cardiff and we appreciate the fact that we can work with him again – that was a big factor in him coming to join us.”

Charlie, who is fresh from international duty with the USA U23s, said: “I’m really excited.

“Any time you can come to a club like Leeds, where all the players are hungry for success and hungry to move up the table and back to where the club belongs in the Premier League, that’s every players dream.

“To be a part of that is something I’d love to have on my resume.

“I’ve heard nothing but good things about Leeds United as a club.

“I used to grow up when I was young living in England watching Mark Viduka and those kind of players play back then in the Premier League.

“The stadium is unbelievable, the training ground is unbelievable. The facilities here are first class. Now it’s our job as players to get the club back to where it belongs.”

Although Horton has been earmarked to feature in the U21s, Rosler is confident that the 20-year-old will give first-choice keeper Marco Silvestri a real challenge for the number one shirt.

“He is one who will push every single day to get better,” said the head coach. “He will push the guys in front of him and he will get playing time in the Under-21s.

“I’m looking forward to working with such a positive character like Charlie. He will train everyday with the first team and Richard.

“He has very good potential and will be a future number one. He will travel with us for pre-season – he’s a first-team player playing in the Under-21s.

“He has tremendous potential. Richard knows him very well and we need that sort of positive character to be the best that we can be every day in training.
“That is what I am looking for, to create an environment where you really push for your place and an environment of excellence where you push yourself to get better every day.”

- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1ijnujzg8ss6v1objx2cklbeo4/title/young-goalkeeper-signs-up#sthash.G4X3C3ZP.dpuf
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2 på: Juni 09, 2015, 16:15:04 »
Lurer på hvor lang tid det tar før han får sin egen Wikipedia side?  :D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #3 på: Juni 09, 2015, 16:56:35 »
Virker litt tung denne Horton

Leedsgutt

« Svar #4 på: Juni 09, 2015, 17:21:28 »
Blir vel en reservekeeper bak Silvestri.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #5 på: Juni 09, 2015, 17:28:46 »

YOUNG GOALKEEPER SIGNS UP

USA youth international Charlie Horton becomes the first signing of the summer...

Jeg har selvfølgelig aldri hørt om ham, men dette ser da ut som en fornuftig investering. Keepertreneren vår har trent ham før, han er up-and-coming, 'a future number one' som Uwe kaller ham.
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

auren

« Svar #6 på: Juni 09, 2015, 17:38:24 »
Lovende. Dette betyr vel også at Silvestri blir og regnes som vår førstekeeper.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

p0ndus

• Gjest
« Svar #7 på: Juni 09, 2015, 17:50:09 »
Velkommen. Gjør oss stolte. MOT

Promotion 2010

« Svar #8 på: Juli 20, 2015, 12:27:19 »
On preseason teambonding:

@leedsunitedtv: WATCH: Charlie Horton speaks to @Thomkirwin about joining Leeds & the camp in Austria #lutv #lufc https://t.co/6DseCTuZMC

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #9 på: September 18, 2015, 21:56:12 »
@LUFC: Congratulations to #lufc goalkeeper @Charlie_Horton1 on his USA Under-23s call-up https://t.co/an94xQahkp

;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

nord

« Svar #10 på: September 19, 2015, 13:57:44 »
Vi vinder idag ;D

Promotion 2010

« Svar #11 på: November 12, 2015, 20:26:23 »
@Charlie_Horton1: Pleased to get a solid 45 mins under my belt vs. Brazil. Always an honour to represent my country. Off to be w/ my family & grandpa now...
Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

« Svar #12 på: November 23, 2015, 14:03:01 »
Varte ikke lenge i klubben dessverre. Forlater Leeds pga private årsaker, og drar hjem til USA:

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1j5k3shixgs7a1oyrv9xed5akj/title/statement-horton-returns-to-america

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Hallgeir *

Sv: EX-keeper: Charlie Horton
« Svar #13 på: November 23, 2015, 19:59:49 »
Da har vi kun èn keeper aktuell for A-laget, Silvestri.

Keeper-krise?
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #14 på: November 23, 2015, 22:31:17 »
@PhilHayYEP: Nice touch from Leeds - I'm told that the club intend to pay Charlie Horton up to the end of the first year of his contract. #lufc
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #15 på: November 28, 2015, 15:28:40 »
Varte ikke lenge i klubben dessverre. Forlater Leeds pga private årsaker, og drar hjem til USA:

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/1j5k3shixgs7a1oyrv9xed5akj/title/statement-horton-returns-to-america

auren
Dette var jo leit.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #16 på: Januar 10, 2018, 13:25:25 »
@fowlertosaiz

Charlie Horton, goalkeeper. USA U23, signed in summer 2015 from Cardiff (0 games), left in November 2015 for personal reasons (0 games). Went to D.C United (0 games). Forced to retire in 2017 with neurological issues after allegedly been assaulted in training. A mystery. #lufc

Vet ikke helt om dette er spam....
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #17 på: Januar 10, 2018, 13:27:28 »
@fowlertosaiz

Charlie Horton, goalkeeper. USA U23, signed in summer 2015 from Cardiff (0 games), left in November 2015 for personal reasons (0 games). Went to D.C United (0 games). Forced to retire in 2017 with neurological issues after allegedly been assaulted in training. A mystery. #lufc

Vet ikke helt om dette er spam....

Fra Wikipedia:

On March 27, 2017, Horton sued former D.C. United teammate Fabián Espíndola, coach Ben Olsen, and Major League Soccer. Espíndola allegedly assaulted Horton during practice and Horton received a concussion. The filing states that, "due to the severity of his ongoing post-concussive neurological symptoms, which directly inhibited his ability to perform at a level necessary to continue his professional career, Mr. Horton was forced to officially retire from professional soccer." Olsen is being sued for failing to adequately supervise Espíndola. MLS is liable, the suit says, because, in its centralized business structure, the league owns all teams and player contracts.[2][3]

Min første Leeds-kamp: