Skrevet av Emne: EX-Spiller: Chris Wood  (Lest 297992 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Jon R

Sv: Ny spiller: Chris Wood
« Svar #30 på: Juli 01, 2015, 21:34:16 »
3 mill £ er mye penger. Hadde ærlig talt forventet vi skulle få han til omtrent halvparten pluss add -ons.  Det ble jo plutselig et høy-risiko kjøp dette.... :o

Når det er sagt har jeg fortsatt store forventninger til denne karen.  :)
Jon R.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #31 på: Juli 01, 2015, 21:36:13 »
3 mill £ er mye penger. Hadde ærlig talt forventet vi skulle få han til omtrent halvparten pluss add -ons.  Det ble jo plutselig et høy-risiko kjøp dette.... :o

3?  Det vanlige er jo å skrive at det er £2 mill pluss 0.75 mill ved et evt opprykk (sikkert innen et visst antall år)?
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

p0ndus

• Gjest
« Svar #32 på: Juli 01, 2015, 22:34:45 »
Welcome lad, impress me !,MOT

baste

« Svar #33 på: Juli 01, 2015, 23:10:25 »
En god venn, og Leicester fan av meg, mener dette er en super sign førr Leeds.
Sataer på at han har rett. En av de abolutt beste æ kjenner på tipping,,så peiling har han. Selv om han hold med feil lag.

We are LEEDS

Jon R

« Svar #34 på: Juli 02, 2015, 00:18:14 »

3?  Det vanlige er jo å skrive at det er £2 mill pluss 0.75 mill ved et evt opprykk (sikkert innen et visst antall år)?

Leste et sted at han kostet oss 3 mill £... :-\
Jon R.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #35 på: Juli 02, 2015, 00:22:59 »

Leste et sted at han kostet oss 3 mill £... :-\
...det offisielle er jo at det er en "undisclosed fee" - men jeg mener at det er 2+0,75 det som regel refereres til (noen fasit er det dog ikke...)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #36 på: Juli 02, 2015, 08:01:34 »
http://m.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-utd/video-leeds-united-signing-wood-blown-away-by-rosler-s-plans-for-next-season-1-7336952

Likte avsnittet der han forteller at har ringte Røsler og fortalte at han ville til Leeds.

Røsler har både tillit og erfaring som er prisgitt i klubben. ☺
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #37 på: Juli 02, 2015, 09:38:49 »
Mye leseverdig i YEP i dag. :)

Leeds United: Payback promise from new boy Wood

MARQUEE Leeds United recruit Chris Wood says he is relishing the pressure of being the club’s most expensive signing in almost 13 years.

The 6ft 3in striker has arrived from Leicester City in a deal which could rise to the £3m mark, representing United’s biggest outlay since purchasing Nick Barmby from Liverpool for £2.75m in August 2002.

The New Zealand international, 23, who has signed a four-year contract, insists he is comfortable with the price tag and is determined to justify United’s investment when the Championship starts next month.

He admits he is also motivated by paying back the support and ‘love’ which he says he has received from United fans since news of the club’s interest broke at the weekend.

Wood said: “Of course, it is a nice sort of pressure. They are backing me, but of course, I feel like I back myself in the Championship.

“It might not happen overnight and I will have to gel with the team. But that’s why coming in at the start of pre-season will help out very well.

“Leeds showed their love. As a player, you can’t describe how much it feels to have someone who wants you here.

“In the last few days, you could see on social media that fans were very happy and hoping I would come here.

“To see that, you feel a sense of pride and think: ‘Yes, I want to be here.’

“That makes all the difference when you are turning up to a club new and you have people on your side, so you can build for the season.”

Despite being thrilled to finally join United, Wood admits he did plenty of homework regarding the behind-the-scenes situation at the club and left nothing to chance before deciding to join.

The Auckland-born striker, who started his career in England as a teenager with West Brom in 2009, has described the move as the biggest of his career with the club’s hierarchy and managerial team winning him over.

Wood said: “I didn’t think the club needed much selling. It was just behind the scenes, looking to see if it was on the right track and that’s when I saw that it was on the right track.

“If this club gets back in the Premier League it’s going to be one of the biggest clubs in the country.

“It’s got the fanbase already, it’s got the passion and the drive and you look at what it was 10 seasons ago, then it was really firing.”

Wood, who also did a spot of research on his future head coach Rosler, added: “I’ve done my home work on him too.

“Liam Moore back at Leicester worked under him at Brentford and I spoke to him and got a feel for what he’s like.

“He couldn’t have given a more glowing report, which was nice and when I spoke to him I got my own feel for him and he’s someone I really look forward to working under.”

Wood’s Premier League dream may not have worked out at Leicester, but he is fuelled by earning a second chance at Leeds, having watched the club on TV in the top-flight as a youngster Down Under.

Another Antipodean in Mark Viduka stole much of the limelight back then and Wood says those feats inspire him.

He added: “When I was a boy growing up, Leeds were in the Premier League and in Europe at the time. Danny Hay was here.

“It did get well publicised in New Zealand because of that and it’s a brilliant club, we all know that and hopefully we can get this club back to where it needs to be.

“Everybody at this club, in that dressing room, coaching staff, backroom staff, wants to be in the Premier League; the manager, the owner, everyone.

“It might not happen next season, but the building blocks are there and that’s what I like.”

And on following in the footsteps of many illustrious high-profile striking arrivals before him, including Viduka he added: “You just need to look back at Viduka and Hasselbaink and players like that.

“The number nines who have come through this club are historic and if I can do anything like my fellow Oceania man like Viduka, I’ll be very pleased with that.”

by Taboola

Sponsored Links

Promoted Stories
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #38 på: Juli 06, 2015, 11:09:25 »
Mye interesse for Wood (Wood, Promo, ikke Woods  ;D)

Chris Wood explains what's impressed him about the Leeds United squad

Leeds United new boy Chris Wood explained to Radio Yorkshire that the team’s potential is the main reason he made the move to Elland Road.

Wood was recently unveiled as Uwe Rosler’s latest signing following the opening of the transfer window and he’s explained that the general outlook of the side Rosler is creating, has convinced him he’s made the right choice.

“It’s not just me, it’s the whole team and that’s why I came here – The team is good, young and hungry and that’s something to build on for the future but right now, I feel the club are ready to kick on,” he told Radio Yorkshire.

Leeds United’s biggest strength

The youthful outlook of the team is arguably Leeds United’s biggest strength because of the options it gives the manager.

Rosler has a good core of players to draw on in all positions, with a youth system, which is well placed to continue the supply line of talented youngsters into the first team.

It also suggests longevity because the core group of players in the Leeds squad will grow up together, play more and more together and will learns the precise ins and outs of each other and the best system for the team to use.

Leeds are ready to kick on

Despite one or two more questionable decisions from Massimo Cellino behind the scenes at the club, Leeds are well placed to push on next season.

Leeds have done well to improve their squad options and they have the infrastructure to be able to cope with a long season of competing in and around the top six places in the Championship.

There’s no reason why the club can’t significantly move forward after last season.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/06/chris-wood-explains-whats-impressed-him-about-the-leeds-united-s/
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #39 på: Juli 06, 2015, 11:13:11 »
Leeds United: Wood can’t wait to get started with Whites

Phil Hay   
published 08:18 Monday 06 July 2015 

The high level of interest in Chris Wood’s signature was enough to reassure him that his pedigree in the Championship had not been forgotten.

Leeds United plucked the striker from under Wolverhampton Wanderers’ nose last Wednesday and according to head coach Uwe Rosler, “everybody wanted” the New Zealand international. In spite of that, Wood is still keen to put a quiet year behind him.

The 23-year-old helped drive Leicester City into the Premier League in 2014 but he was one of the players whose reward for promotion was nothing more than occasional involvement last season.

Leicester used him nine times before agreeing to loan him to Ipswich Town in February, at a time when City’s fight against relegation was at its height.

In and out of Ipswich’s line-up, Wood’s goal in a 2-2 draw between Leicester and Everton at the start of the campaign proved to be his only strike.

“It was hugely frustrating and I didn’t play as much as I wanted,” he said.

“But that’s football. You have ups and downs and that was a down.

“Hopefully I am coming here (to Leeds) to push on. That’s an up.”

United’s signing of Wood was an opportunistic deal, struck while Wolves were taking their time to negotiate a fee with Leicester.

Leeds’ owner, Massimo Cellino, stepped in with an offer worth up to £3m and gave Wood a decision to make.

Rosler, whose squad will contest their first pre-season friendly at Harrogate Town this Friday, saw Wood as an ideal signing: a proven goalscorer but a striker versatile enough to play in the formations which worked best for the German in his time as manager of Brentford and Wigan Athletic.

“I prefer 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 and I believe Chris can play both systems,” Rosler said.

“He can play alone up front too with his physicality. He has than in abundance.

“We have to learn how to use that. He’s big so we have to play big. Chris also has finishing skills and he’s a link player. We’ll be able to move the ball up as he can hold the ball under pressure. And obviously his goalscoring attributes speak for themselves.”

Rosler is not the only Leeds boss to have taken an interest in Wood. Neil Warnock identified him as a target – a target United could not afford – when Leicester took him from West Brom in 2013 and he was one of the players recommended by Neil Redfearn towards the end of last season.

Wood admitted that he was taken by Rosler’s reputation for attractive football, saying: “I like playing football and that’s why this manager come here – to hopefully play a bit of football. We’ll work well together. I like the ball at my feet but if it needs to come up in the air when the pressure’s on then I can try and hold it up. That’s an element of my game as well.

“I knew the training ground was top-notch and the stadium’s good.

“It was just behind the scenes that I needed to see was right. I can see it’s heading that way and is right.”

The forward will make his first appearance for the club at Wetherby Road on Friday, the first of five friendlies arranged by Rosler.

Fellow signings Lee Erwin, Sol Bamba and Charlie Horton should also be involved. United will follow up their game at Harrogate with a trip to York City before flying out to Austria for a week-long training camp.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Gufrias

« Svar #40 på: Juli 06, 2015, 15:20:53 »
Jeg liker denne signeringen. Tror Wood er hakket bedre enn de spissene vi har fra før.
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

TK20

« Svar #41 på: Juli 13, 2015, 10:29:25 »
Fant ingen tråd om ham foreløpig. Etter han gjorde dette mot Harrogate føler jeg det er lov å skru opp forventningene:

https://instagram.com/p/5A0PaEBOKi/

Gjennombruddshissighet vi sårt manglet på topp forrige sesong!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

auren

« Svar #42 på: Juli 13, 2015, 12:48:56 »
Ikke så verst av Woody...

Hvis du hadde bladd til side to, hadde du for øvrig funnet følgende spillertråd om Chris Wood:

http://forum.leedsunited.no/index.php/topic,21444.0.html

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #43 på: Juli 15, 2015, 22:42:42 »
@ York:

@LUFC: Rosler says Chris Wood is "not injured" - "He felt something in his hamstring & we didn't want to take any chances." #lufc
Min første Leeds-kamp:

sportcarl1

« Svar #44 på: Juli 16, 2015, 10:51:00 »
@ York:

@LUFC: Rosler says Chris Wood is "not injured" - "He felt something in his hamstring & we didn't want to take any chances." #lufc
återstår att se, startar han inte mot Eintracht Frankfurt  så är han inte i speldugligt skick
« Siste redigering: Juli 16, 2015, 10:52:49 av sportcarl1 »

Promotion 2010

« Svar #45 på: Juli 20, 2015, 14:51:33 »
Chris Wood only completed the warm up this morning. Rosler says he won't start tomorrow but is aiming for the Hoffenheim game on Saturday.

Rosler: "The only negative news is Chris Wood has a little bit of a nerve problem - not muscle - there's no point risking him." #lufc
Min første Leeds-kamp:

sportcarl1

« Svar #46 på: Juli 20, 2015, 18:08:55 »
@ York:

återstår att se, startar han inte mot Eintracht Frankfurt  så är han inte i speldugligt skick
och så är det, det mörkas väldigt ofta

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #47 på: Juli 20, 2015, 20:28:33 »
Ser ikke bra ut. Kan faktisk bli ute en stund. Ikke brukket, men. Og da kan Leeds få en dårlig start på sesongen. Husk at hvert eneste tapte poeng i seriestarten, er med på å få konsekvenser for opprykket
http://the72.co.uk/31620/leeds-united-wood-splinters-but-not-broken-phil-hay/

Hallgeir *

« Svar #48 på: Juli 20, 2015, 20:32:27 »
Ser ikke bra ut. Kan faktisk bli ute en stund. Ikke brukket, men. Og da kan Leeds få en dårlig start på sesongen. Husk at hvert eneste tapte poeng i seriestarten, er med på å få konsekvenser for opprykket
http://the72.co.uk/31620/leeds-united-wood-splinters-but-not-broken-phil-hay/

Kjedelig med skaden, men siden det planlegges at han starter kampen på Ã…råsen, kan vel ikke skaden være så veldig alvorlig.

Krisemaksimering.....?
Super Leeds since 1968

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #49 på: Juli 20, 2015, 20:40:21 »
Kanskje. men er vant til slike skader kan være verre enn de vil innrømme. Selvsagt sier de at han skal starte. Men hvis ikke har klubben et problem

Promotion 2010

« Svar #50 på: Juli 20, 2015, 21:09:25 »
Ikke vær så bekymret da!  :)

@PhilHayYEP: Rosler says he'll arrange a behind closed doors friendly at Thorp Arch to give Wood another game.

;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #51 på: Juli 20, 2015, 21:11:39 »
Kanskje. men er vant til slike skader kan være verre enn de vil innrømme. Selvsagt sier de at han skal starte. Men hvis ikke har klubben et problem

Jeg ser ingen grunn til at klubben skal fortie et skadeproblem. Hva vil fordelen med det i så fall være?

At man kan ta feil mht. skadens omfang, er selvfølgelig mulig.

Super Leeds since 1968

Blank_File

Sv: Sv: Sv: Ny spiller: Chris Wood
« Svar #52 på: Juli 20, 2015, 23:42:52 »

Jeg ser ingen grunn til at klubben skal fortie et skadeproblem. Hva vil fordelen med det i så fall være?

Husker dere ikke Billy Paynter? Det var vel samme inngang. Til slutt ble han observert humpende rundt med en kjempekloss på foten. Det tok lang tid før han kom tilbake. Uten sammenligning av de to spillerne forøvrig.

Hallgeir *

« Svar #53 på: Juli 21, 2015, 10:17:04 »

Husker dere ikke Billy Paynter? Det var vel samme inngang. Til slutt ble han observert humpende rundt med en kjempekloss på foten. Det tok lang tid før han kom tilbake. Uten sammenligning av de to spillerne forøvrig.

Og her er ditt poeng......?  Hvilke fordeler drar klubben av å holde skaden til Wood hemmelig?
Super Leeds since 1968

Blank_File

Sv: Sv: Sv: Sv: Sv: Ny spiller: Chris Wood
« Svar #54 på: Juli 21, 2015, 10:29:58 »

Og her er ditt poeng......?  Hvilke fordeler drar klubben av å holde skaden til Wood hemmelig?

Ikke noe poeng. Bare frykt for at de faktisk gjør det.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #55 på: Juli 21, 2015, 10:34:27 »

Og her er ditt poeng......?  Hvilke fordeler drar klubben av å holde skaden til Wood hemmelig?

Hjelpe meg, det er jo innlysende:

1. De vil ikke fortelle at de har kjøpt skadet spiller.
2. Ingenting av info om spillernes helse skal ut til fansen.
3. Det stopper fullstendig sesongbillettsalget.
4. Det skal ikke slippes bilder av hamstringen for enhver pris.
5. Ingen nye spillere vil signere for en klubb der det er offentlig at spillere er skadet.
6. Det skjuler seg antageligvis en helt annen og en ganske mer alvorlig skade her; les røket achilles.
7. Ingen kommer og ser på preseasontreningene.
8. Billy Paynter viste jo at hans skade førte til at han ble en betydelig dårligere spiller.
9. Det er klart at Wood også blir langt dårligere enn forventet.
10. I rest my case......  ::)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

Sv: Sv: Sv: Sv: Sv: Ny spiller: Chris Wood
« Svar #56 på: Juli 21, 2015, 10:39:00 »

Ikke noe poeng. Bare frykt for at de faktisk gjør det.

Ok, men da gir de til kjenne at absolutt ingen ting er lært fra tidligere fadeser.

Og Rösler uttalte jo at Wood ikke starter dagens kamp "just as a precaution". Det skal ikke risikeres at Wood spiller kamp for tidlig mht. skaden han har hatt kjenning av.

Tror det medisinske apparatet i klubben har kontroll på dette. Alt tyder på at det er slik.
Super Leeds since 1968

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #57 på: Juli 21, 2015, 11:54:35 »

Leeds United: Wood will be ready for big kick off – Rosler

published 10:17 Tuesday 21 July 2015 

Uwe Rosler is confident that Chris Wood will be fit for the start of Leeds United’s season despite opting to protect the striker’s niggling hamstring in tonight’s friendly against Eintracht Frankfurt.

Rosler confirmed that the striker would be left out of his line-up this evening after suffering further problems with the hamstring which forced him to miss last week’s game at York CIty.

Wood complained of a tight muscle during the warm-up at Bootham Crescent and was withdraw from Rosler’s team shortly before kick-off.

The 23-year-old was able to train towards the end of last week and travelled on tour to Austria but further concerns about his condition saw him restricted to a warm-up session at United’s camp in Kossen yesterday.

Rosler will name Wood among his substitutes for tonight’s clash with Bundesliga side Frankfurt and intends to use him from the outset of Saturday’s meeting with Hoffenheim in Norway.

United’s head coach conceded that Wood might not be “100 per cent” when Leeds begin their Championship term at home to Burnley on August 8 but said a behind-closed-doors friendly would be arranged to ensure that Leeds’ £3m signing from Leicester City is available.

“He won’t start (tonight) and he’ll build up for the game on Saturday,” Rosler said. “If everything goes normal then he will start on Saturday.

Turn to page 51

“We’re then planning in the two weeks before we play Burnley to bring another game in - an internal game at the training ground for players who’ve not had enough playing time or players coming back from injury to get another 90 minutes.

“That will be enough for someone like Chris Wood to reach the start of the season okay. He’ll maybe not be 100 per cent but he’ll be in a position where he is match fit.”

Luke Murphy is the only other injury concern ahead of this evening’s match in Eugendorf, though the midfielder is moving towards a full recovery and has completed running sessions in Austria.

Steve Morison should start up front against Frankfurt in the absence of Wood and Rosler showed his hand last night by revealing that he will play Scott Wootton at right-back, Gaetano Berardi at left-back and Casper Sloth on the left wing.

Leeds have only two first-team friendlies remaining after tonight, the last at home to Everton on August 1, and asked if he wanted to see his tactics falling into place against Frankfurt, Rosler said: “I was very happy with two thirds of the game at York. I saw the principles coming through, with the ball and without the ball.

“Tonight I will play the same system, the same formation but I want to see one or two players in different positions. Scott Wootton will play at right-back. Casper will play and Berardi will play left back.

“It’s just giving players a chance to impress. I can’t choose the team after two games. We have to make sure we have 18, 19 or 20 players up to speed and match form. In the first weeks of the season we have Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday and we need the squad to have enough in the bank.”

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-utd/leeds-united-wood-will-be-ready-for-big-kick-off-rosler-1-7369396
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

p0ndus

• Gjest
« Svar #58 på: Juli 21, 2015, 16:26:53 »
Håper hans åpenbare  skadeproblematikk er gjenspeilet i overgangssummen. Føler han har vært mer mindre skadet/småskadet siden han ble hentet. En slik spillers overgangssum bør avtales i forhold til spilte kamper og med en overgangssum i bunn.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #59 på: Juli 21, 2015, 20:54:53 »
@PhilHayYEP: Chris Wood trained this morning and will train tomorrow. Rosler is optimistic that he'll play against Hoffenheim.
Min første Leeds-kamp: