Skrevet av Emne: Legende: Allan Clarke  (Lest 2923 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Legende: Allan Clarke
« på: Juli 31, 2015, 12:35:19 »
Fyller 69 år i dag!!!! Gratulerer!!!!

Mannen som ga oss vårt eneste FA-cup gull i 1972:

@LufcColin: @MartinMarty1974 https://t.co/EWehuDBFfY Great angle of a great goal.

Mannen som ordnet 1-1 hjemme mot Juventus og Fairs cup seieren i 1971!

Mannen som skåret utrolig mange viktige mål for oss!

Men som ikke klarte å holde laget i øverste divisjon da det sto på som værst i begynnelsen av 80-tallet!

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

Sv: Legende: Allan Clarke
« Svar #1 på: Juli 31, 2015, 12:36:22 »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_Clarke_(footballer)

Leeds United - carrer   

On 24 June 1969, Leeds United manager Don Revie paid £165,000 to Leicester City for Clarke's services. Clarke scored 26 goals in his first season at Leeds and earned the nickname "Sniffer", because of his predatory instincts in front of goal – if there was even the remotest goal scoring opportunity, Clarke would "sniff" it out. Leeds United chased a dream "treble" of League championship, FA Cup and European Cup though ultimately they won nothing. Clarke hit the post in the FA Cup Final at Wembley (with strike partner Mick Jones following up to score the rebound) and then went on a run through several Chelsea defenders in the replay to set up a goal for Jones again, but Leeds United still lost. The title had already gone to Everton who had clinched the title several weeks before the end of the season, and the European Cup campaign ended with defeat to Celtic in the semi-final.(0–1 at Elland Road and 1–2 at Hampden Park)

Clarke was in the Leeds United side which won its second Fairs Cup in 1971 – scoring in the final against Juventus – while again missing out on the League Championship in the last week of the season and losing to Colchester United in the fifth round of the FA Cup (after which he was told by club medics that he was suffering from pleurisy).

Leeds United reached the FA Cup Final again in the competition's centenary year and at Wembley they faced Arsenal, the Cup holders. Clarke scored the only goal of the game with a diving header from a Jones cross early in the second half.[2] He had hit the crossbar with another diving header earlier in the game. Unfortunately for Clarke and Leeds, they lost the League title and the chance of emulating Arsenal's previous season "double" when they lost to Wolverhampton Wanderers two days after winning the FA Cup.

Clarke played again at Wembley – and lost – when Leeds United were beaten 1–0 by Sunderland in the 1973 FA Cup Final. Clarke was again Leeds United's top scorer as Leeds United won the league title in 1974, including a run of 29 opening matches without defeat. Leeds United lost the 1975 European Cup Final to Bayern Munich 2–0 and were denied a clear penalty when Clarke was tackled from behind and felled by Franz Beckenbauer in the penalty area.

After this match the Revie side started to break up – their manager had left in 1974 for the England job – and Clarke himself left the club in 1978 after 351 appearances and 151 goals, with a knee injury curtailing his ability to play at top-flight level. His last major act in a Leeds United shirt was to score in the 1977 FA Cup Semi-final, but the game ended 2–1 to Manchester United.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

fmtj

• Lorimer
  • Vi har kvittet oss med mange spillere nÃ¥...
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #2 på: Juli 31, 2015, 13:18:42 »
Sniffer - og hadde han spilt i dag, hadde det ikke vært fullt så positivt...... ::)
Yeboahs vitne

Josch

« Svar #3 på: August 01, 2015, 12:39:03 »
Fyller 69 år i dag!!!! Gratulerer!!!!

Mannen som ga oss vårt eneste FA-cup gull i 1972:

@LufcColin: @MartinMarty1974 https://t.co/EWehuDBFfY Great angle of a great goal.

Mannen som ordnet 1-1 hjemme mot Juventus og Fairs cup seieren i 1971!

Mannen som skåret utrolig mange viktige mål for oss!

Men som ikke klarte å holde laget i øverste divisjon da det sto på som værst i begynnelsen av 80-tallet!

Mannen som scoret vinnermålet i semien  i 1975 mot Barcelona (2-1).  (Leeds til E-cup finale)
Mannen som scoret for England i den famøse kampen mot Polen i 1973 (1-1 og Polen til VM) :)

Promotion 2010

« Svar #4 på: Januar 11, 2016, 18:41:08 »
 :)

Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #5 på: Januar 11, 2016, 19:38:38 »
Gratulerer, Allan :)
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #6 på: September 16, 2017, 09:39:23 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #7 på: Juli 31, 2018, 21:29:04 »
Leeds Itd Memories

It’s Allan Clarke’s birthday today, a great legend of our club and no Happy Birthday from the official @lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

brenaldo

« Svar #8 på: Juli 31, 2018, 21:47:07 »
Gratulerer til Sniffer, my old time hero. #8
Medlem nr. 850