Skrevet av Emne: Ex-headcoach: Garry Monk  (Lest 182325 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Josch

Sv: Headcoach: Garry Monk
« Svar #420 på: Januar 06, 2017, 22:28:17 »
Pep og  Antonssson kjenner hverandre fra Halmstad (2010), men det ble jo fortalt at Leeds hadde fulgt  Marcus i ca et år.  Mulig  Marcus hadde havnet i Leeds uansett , uten Clotet som Leeds-trener.

Jon R

« Svar #421 på: Januar 07, 2017, 11:54:45 »
Pep og  Antonssson kjenner hverandre fra Halmstad (2010), men det ble jo fortalt at Leeds hadde fulgt  Marcus i ca et år.  Mulig  Marcus hadde havnet i Leeds uansett , uten Clotet som Leeds-trener.
Det kan hende. Spørsmålet er om Pontus hadde valgt Leeds hvis ikke Pep og Monk hadde vært der. Tviler på om han hadde valgt Leeds med f eks Evans ved roret.
Jon R.

RoarG

« Svar #422 på: Januar 07, 2017, 14:15:56 »
Det kan hende. Spørsmålet er om Pontus hadde valgt Leeds hvis ikke Pep og Monk hadde vært der. Tviler på om han hadde valgt Leeds med f eks Evans ved roret.
+1
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #423 på: Januar 11, 2017, 11:18:27 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Nørgaard

« Svar #424 på: Januar 11, 2017, 11:34:53 »
Hmm jeg vil nu sige at hvis vi ikke styrker truppen i januar så tror jeg Derby tager vores PO plads. Alle holdene/lagene omkring os er i gang med at forstærke sig, men ikke os.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #425 på: Januar 11, 2017, 11:51:20 »
Hmm jeg vil nu sige at hvis vi ikke styrker truppen i januar så tror jeg Derby tager vores PO plads. Alle holdene/lagene omkring os er i gang med at forstærke sig, men ikke os.

Hernandez og Jansson er klare!

Regner med Maxim og en spiss!

Da er vi utrolig mye bedre enn i fjor!!!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Bjorn

« Svar #426 på: Januar 11, 2017, 12:21:21 »

Vi har et bra lag allerede med backup i nesten alle ledd. Med mindre vi får mange skadet/supendert samtidig, er jeg ikke bekymret. Hvem vet om kjøpene de andre lagene gjør nå vil styrke dem? Kan tenkes at spillere må ha tid på å spille seg inn i laget. Som vi har fremstått til nå, er det en ganske sammensveiset gjeng.
Derby blir sterke, helt klart. Men vi tar dem!  ;)
Marching On! 4276

Sydhagen

« Svar #427 på: Januar 11, 2017, 12:42:32 »
Derby sprekker som de alltid gjør.
De har nå 1 poeng på siste 2 kampene. Vi knuser de på fredag!
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Dennis

« Svar #428 på: Januar 11, 2017, 12:50:15 »
Derby sprekker som de alltid gjør.
De har nå 1 poeng på siste 2 kampene. Vi knuser de på fredag!

Jeg tror Aston Villa vil klore til seg play off-plass i de siste rundene. Håper det er på bekostning av Reading, Huddersfield eller Sheff Wed i så fall. 8)
Marching on together!

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #429 på: Januar 11, 2017, 15:18:34 »

Samme som Wilko gjorde da han kom til klubben, fjernet alt som minnet om Revie-tiden.

ibster

« Svar #430 på: Januar 11, 2017, 15:27:52 »

Hernandez og Jansson er klare!

Regner med Maxim og en spiss!

Da er vi utrolig mye bedre enn i fjor!!!

Vi har jo hatt nøkkelspillere ute med skade i høst så de kan jo betraktes som forsterkninger.

JA TAKK til Maxim!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #431 på: Januar 13, 2017, 09:00:20 »
Leeds United: Whites head coach Monk ‘not fixated’ on promotion this season

Leeds United head coach Garry Monk, who has deflected some of the promotion pressure away from his players. Phil Hay 06:00 Friday 13 January 2017

Garry Monk insisted he was “not fixated” on winning promotion this season and said his squad needed time to grow regardless of their league position as Leeds United readied themselves for a pivotal game against Derby County. Monk’s side will move eight points clear of seventh place in the Championship if they beat Derby at Elland Road tonight but Monk claimed his players had not yet reached the stage where failure to qualify for the play-offs would rank as a serious disappointment.Leeds have held a top-six position for two months and have a chance to cut the gap to the automatic promotion zone to four points this evening but United’s head coach cut a relaxed figure and said he was not putting pressure on his side to secure a place in the Premier League at the end of his first year in charge. Monk said: “We all want to be successful. We all want to make it the ambition of this club, the ambition of the players, the ambition of myself and everyone here to get into the Premier League. That’s where you want to be. “But I’m not fixated on it. I’m not saying to the players every day ‘we need to get there, we need to do this, we need to do it now’. I focus on the process. We all want it as quickly as possible, of course we do, but I’m not in a rush. The players aren’t in a rush.

“What they have to be is ready to improve and fight as hard as they can for three points. That’s all that matters because it takes you to where you need to be in the long run. Come the end of the season, we’ll discuss it if we find we have an opportunity but there’s a long way to go until we reach that point.”

Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-whites-head-coach-monk-not-fixated-on-promotion-this-season-1-8331739
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Kato

« Svar #432 på: Januar 13, 2017, 09:21:27 »
Leeds United: Whites head coach Monk ‘not fixated’ on promotion this season

Leeds United head coach Garry Monk, who has deflected some of the promotion pressure away from his players. Phil Hay 06:00 Friday 13 January 2017

Garry Monk insisted he was “not fixated” on winning promotion this season and said his squad needed time to grow regardless of their league position as Leeds United readied themselves for a pivotal game against Derby County. Monk’s side will move eight points clear of seventh place in the Championship if they beat Derby at Elland Road tonight but Monk claimed his players had not yet reached the stage where failure to qualify for the play-offs would rank as a serious disappointment.Leeds have held a top-six position for two months and have a chance to cut the gap to the automatic promotion zone to four points this evening but United’s head coach cut a relaxed figure and said he was not putting pressure on his side to secure a place in the Premier League at the end of his first year in charge. Monk said: “We all want to be successful. We all want to make it the ambition of this club, the ambition of the players, the ambition of myself and everyone here to get into the Premier League. That’s where you want to be. “But I’m not fixated on it. I’m not saying to the players every day ‘we need to get there, we need to do this, we need to do it now’. I focus on the process. We all want it as quickly as possible, of course we do, but I’m not in a rush. The players aren’t in a rush.

“What they have to be is ready to improve and fight as hard as they can for three points. That’s all that matters because it takes you to where you need to be in the long run. Come the end of the season, we’ll discuss it if we find we have an opportunity but there’s a long way to go until we reach that point.”

Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-whites-head-coach-monk-not-fixated-on-promotion-this-season-1-8331739

Fine ord. Rolig, stødig kar som leverer på mange felter. Tar bort presset fra spillerne, er kompetent, god taktisk, og evner å finne kvalitetsspillere.

Strålende levert i høy sjø etter at han ankom Elland Road.

B_Ød

« Svar #433 på: Januar 13, 2017, 09:29:28 »
Strålende levert i høy sjø etter at han ankom Elland Road.

Så absolutt!!
Ups & Ups!!

Kato

« Svar #434 på: Januar 13, 2017, 22:44:02 »
Helt fantastisk hva han holder på å bygge opp. Maclaren ble totalt eid i dag.

Sydhagen

« Svar #435 på: Januar 13, 2017, 22:49:27 »
Signer ny kontrakt!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Dennis

« Svar #436 på: Januar 13, 2017, 22:52:21 »

Taktikeren McLaren ble ut-taktikert til de grader i dag. Monk er hele pakka; sindig, spillerutvikler, speider, man-manager, taktiker, ung og VÃ…R.

Marching on together!

Bromancer

« Svar #437 på: Januar 13, 2017, 23:09:15 »

Taktikeren McLaren ble ut-taktikert til de grader i dag. Monk er hele pakka; sindig, spillerutvikler, speider, man-manager, taktiker, ung og VÃ…R.
+ 100. SOLID fyr på alle måter. Får med seg alle spillerne på prosjektet sitt. Full omrokering i forsvaret i dagens kamp? Ikkeno' problem!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #438 på: Januar 13, 2017, 23:53:28 »
Joe Rawson

Monk fully focused on the team and not concerned about his contract. "It will get sorted, when it gets sorted. #lufc

Da er vel en diskusjon om den begynt!  ;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #439 på: Januar 14, 2017, 16:28:54 »
Herregud Monk, kan du ikke like så godt si til spillerne:"Vel karer, jeg synes vi skål gå for å vinne hele sulamitten". (Stødig kar eller ei)
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #440 på: Januar 14, 2017, 22:50:04 »
Problemet akkurat nå med Monk, sett fra mitt ståsted, er at han så og si aldri har ledet ett lag i 442 før han begynte å rote seg bort i det hos oss, sikkert for det han er for pysete til å spille med Antonssen alene på topp, hans foretrukne system er 4231 eller til nød 433, flere av de spillerene som er hentet inn passer disse systemene best, f.eks Hernadez som er en typisk 10er når vi spiller med tre sentralt, Mowatt er heller ikke brukenes i andre posisjoner og knapt nok i den, har tidligere skrevet at Mowatt kan selges om noen vil ha han, jeg fikk en diagnose for den uttalelsen :D Skal Monk lykkes må han gå tilbake til det han kan.

Akkurat.

Med Bridcutt og O`Kane som førstevalg i 2èren på midten, Vieira og Philips i bakhånd. Hernandez i 10èr rollen med Mowatt som cover. Antonsson som spiss med Wood/Doukara fra benken. Og da har vi Roofe, Sacko og Dallas i perfekte kant/spiss roller. Enkelt.
Ser du lever i fantasiens verden, for det er ikke dette laget og denne formasjonen Monk tar ut.

Det har du rett i Roar, men fra og med dette innlegget har det vært det :)

Jon R

« Svar #441 på: Januar 15, 2017, 00:02:24 »
Problemet akkurat nå med Monk, sett fra mitt ståsted, er at han så og si aldri har ledet ett lag i 442 før han begynte å rote seg bort i det hos oss, sikkert for det han er for pysete til å spille med Antonssen alene på topp, hans foretrukne system er 4231 eller til nød 433, flere av de spillerene som er hentet inn passer disse systemene best, f.eks Hernadez som er en typisk 10er når vi spiller med tre sentralt, Mowatt er heller ikke brukenes i andre posisjoner og knapt nok i den, har tidligere skrevet at Mowatt kan selges om noen vil ha han, jeg fikk en diagnose for den uttalelsen :D Skal Monk lykkes må han gå tilbake til det han kan.

Akkurat.

Med Bridcutt og O`Kane som førstevalg i 2èren på midten, Vieira og Philips i bakhånd. Hernandez i 10èr rollen med Mowatt som cover. Antonsson som spiss med Wood/Doukara fra benken. Og da har vi Roofe, Sacko og Dallas i perfekte kant/spiss roller. Enkelt.
Ser du lever i fantasiens verden, for det er ikke dette laget og denne formasjonen Monk tar ut.

Det har du rett i Roar, men fra og med dette innlegget har det vært det :)
Moro å lese slike innlegg i retrospektiv. Innertier, Rudi!  :) (vi så jo hvordan det gikk når han forlot suksessformelen mot Rham for så å bytte tilbake etter pause!  :D)
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #442 på: Januar 16, 2017, 19:02:09 »
Leeds United: Focused boss Monk’s happy to put team first

Garry Monk

Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-focused-boss-monk-s-happy-to-put-team-first-1-8335458

The late Graham Taylor was acknowledged at Elland Road by a minute’s applause on Friday night and his career should teach a manager to enjoy the job while the going is good. Garry Monk learned that lesson at Swansea City where so much promise was lost so suddenly but Leeds United has been a reversal of his first role in management. Beleaguered in August and early September, Monk’s oozed satisfaction after Leeds played Derby County off the pitch on Friday. United have not performed better at any stage under Monk or, on reflection, under several of the men who preceded him as head coach.

In a league below the division where the 37-year-old coached Swansea, this could be seen as the peak of his career so far. He inherited a capable squad at Swansea, a squad who won the League Cup a season before his appointment. At Elland Road and in seven months he has fashioned a team from something close to scratch. Leeds’ 1-0 win over Derby, a display befitting of a far heavier scoreline, was Leeds’ 10th victory in 13 league games. Monk’s squad are comfortably clear of seventh position, in greater control of a play-off place and close enough to the automatic promotion zone to keep Brighton and Newcastle on edge.

As a notriously volatile job goes, Monk can rarely have felt more on top of his work. “Management’s a very up-and-down business,” he said. “I’ve had some great times and some not so good times. It’s so much of a rollercoaster. But what I do is remain balanced and enjoy it. “It’s what I’ve known my whole life, football, and I enjoy working with an honest group who want to improve and have a clear spirit. That’s how I felt as a player: that when you put a shirt on they want blood, sweat and tears. That’s what fans want. It’s what people pay to see. That’s number one. “On top of that they want to see good football so those are my values. I try to impart that onto this group. You can see their personality coming out and of course you enjoy the job when you’re winning. That’s what it’s all about.” Leeds’ form and Monk’s part in it is pushing the club to commit to him with a longer contract than the one-year rolling deal he currently holds.

He and United have held no formal talks about an extension but the matter is expected to be addressed following the investment deal which saw Italian businessman Andrea Radrizzani acquire 50 per cent of the club last week. “I’m not focused on myself,” Monk said. “I’m focused on my team and my players. That’s out of my hands. All I care about is these players, improving them.” Radrizzani met with Monk for dinner after arriving in England on Wednesday.

He spoke with United’s head coach at Thorp Arch on Thursday, addressing his players before they completed their preparation for the game against Derby, and again at Elland Road on Saturday morning. Monk was given a vote of confidence by Radrizzani on the day the Italian completed his purchase of shares from Massimo Cellino and a happy Radrizzani looked on from the East Stand during Friday’s one-sided defeat of Derby. “It was a beautiful evening,” Radrizzani said. “I spoke to him and was impressed,” Monk said. “He’s a really smart guy and he seems really positive about everything. “Everything’s very positive with the co-owners, the football, the crowd – everything that’s been missing here for a while. It’s going positive right now, everything’s good news for Leeds, and we have to keep it that way and stay on the right path. “Let’s remind ourselves that we’ll have some ups and downs in this period to the end of the season. You can’t win every game and those moments will come. But the club from top to bottom, everyone is sticking together and I said at the start that you can only move forward if everyone is pushing in the same direction.”

Leeds’ win over Derby was earned without the suspended Pontus Jansson and without Hadi Sacko, Liam Cooper or Charlie Taylor, all of whom were injured. Monk’s defence contained three right-backs. Jansson will miss this weekend’s game at Barnsley too, completing a two-match ban, but there is a chance that Monk will have the other three players available at Oakwell. The United boss still wants two new signings before the end of this month, a striker and a winger, and feels those additions would give his squad “the best chance” during the Championship run-in.

Leeds have a long-standing interest in young forward Ashley Fletcher but are reliant on West Ham United allowing him to leave. The club recently approached Norwich City about loaning Spanish winger Sergi Canos but could lose out to Brentford if the London club go through with their plan to offer up to £3m for the 19-year-old. “We definitely need two,” Monk said, “but we don’t need too much. We’ve had to make changes (against Derby) and put out a bit of a makeshift back four, and ideally you don’t want to face those situations too often.

We’re just those one or two away from giving this group their best chance. “But I just want them to enjoy it. At this moment it’s not about worrying about where you are in the league, what we’re going to do or everyone else talking about that. It’s about these guys improving all the time and enjoying their football because that transfers to the terraces. Every fan who’s with Leeds is enjoying what they’re seeing and that’s what you pay your money for. That’s what every manager and player should be delivering.”

Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-focused-boss-monk-s-happy-to-put-team-first-1-8335458
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #443 på: Januar 17, 2017, 21:00:46 »
Jeg må bare legge ut dette intervjuet en gang til, Asbjørn!

Musikk i mine ører:

Glimrende intervju med Monk i Daily Mail

Leeds manager Garry Monk dreaming big at Elland Road: 'If I can take these fans to the Premier League, then wow!'

The mood at Leeds is buoyant with team flying high in the Championship
Garry Monk is building belief at Elland Road that the good times can return
The ex-Swansea boss is determined to use his past mistakes to improve
It is an attitude Monk is instilling throughout the club from the academy up

Last Sunday at Elland Road and a sell-out for the first time in six years. The result might not have gone to plan — visitors Newcastle winning 2-0 — but for Leeds United, there were 36,000 signs of progress and unity.
Victory over Rotherham on Saturday would lift Leeds into the play-off places, and Tuesday brings a visit to Liverpool in the EFL Cup quarter-final.
For the first time in years, hope and optimism abound.

Leeds, do not forget, have not finished in the top half of the Championship since 2011 and have reached the play-offs only once since being relegated from the Premier League in 2004.

Under Italian owner Massimo Cellino, Garry Monk, 37, is their sixth manager since the summer of 2014. At Swansea, Monk emerged as one of England's brightest young coaches, leading the club to an eighth-place Premier League finish, their highest ever.

Inevitably, there were suggestions that the FA should take a look. In football, however, things change quickly and 15 games into last season Monk was sacked.

His work had been impressive enough to bring calls of support from Sir Alex Ferguson, David Moyes and Dan Ashworth. Now he faces an altogether different challenge — to succeed where 12 others have failed by taking Leeds back to the summit of English football. So why risk it?

'It's the belief you have in yourself,' Monk said. 'I feel I can do something. I went in with no experience at Swansea. I had 80 or so games. 70 of those went really well and then for the sake of the last 10 games . . . I just didn't feel it was going to be more difficult here than what I'd already faced.

'I wanted a real challenge. I don't want to be safe all the time. If you can take these fans to the Premier League, then wow! Just imagine. They are unbelievably loyal. The ultimate aim is to get Leeds back to the Premier League. It's the motivation. We are fighting for it.'
Seven wins in 11 league games have lifted Leeds up the table. Monk has a young team, with a midfield comprised mostly of players below the age of 23, such as Kemar Roofe and Kalvin Phillips. In central midfield, 18-year-old Ronaldo Vieira is shining bright. His brother Romario (seriously) is also in the Leeds academy.

'Yeah — and he's got a little brother called Ronaldinho!' Monk joked. Immediately, though, he becomes more serious, pointing to a malaise among young English talent and echoing warnings made by Jamie Carragher in Sportsmail.
'We have a fantastic academy here but most academies are not producing real footballers.
'I met our young players at the start of the season and told them straight. I said they would be serving their apprenticeship with me.
'The system is not developing players right. I don't think we produce leaders. They are far too sheltered from everything.

'I remember coming through as a youth player. We prepared for if we didn't make it. We cleaned the stands, took out the rubbish, did errands for the managers, players' boots, cleaned cars...
'It was ruthless. Everyone had jobs and responsibilities. In my teams at Torquay and Southampton, there wasn't just one leader, we were all leaders. I want to expose my young group to the harsh realities. They can't shy away from responsibility.
'The key is work ethic and attitude. It is the attitude that is wrong now more than anything. They expect it to be given to them. The reality is you have to earn it.
'It's difficult to change the mindset of youngsters. Many big teams buy young players not to play them but just to stop another big club from having them. Will you ever change it? I don't think so. It needs to be changed, though.

'We are not producing men. We are producing boys. When I came through, I was 15 years old playing against professionals, getting battered and growing up quickly.
'At 16 and making my league debut for Torquay, I felt ready. If we were to drop young men into that situation now, I don't think many could handle it. I like our young players. I see them take more responsibility every day, developing. We can't make them wash cars but I can make them be men about responsibility.
'I don't want them looking for an excuse, coming in after training and blaming someone else. Whatever happens, it's on you. I respect them as adults, I don't treat them as kids. They have huge potential. How far can they go? That's up to them.'
Monk says he is 'an old-school-values individual with modern methods'. While out of work, he visited Sevilla to talk with coach Unai Emery and director of football Monchi. He also had meetings with elite-level tennis and cricket coaches.

'I spoke to Ryan Jones, the former Wales rugby captain,' Monk said. 'I wanted to know about mental and physical preparation.
'Rugby treats games as war. There are certain bits about how they prepare mentally that can benefit my young players, particularly their professionalism.
'I wanted to know how rugby managers talk to players at half-time. In rugby, they have units. You have splits between defensive unit and forward unit and the team-talks are separate and then the manager comes in at the end.
'Would I do that? No, I do all of it! But who knows? In the future, football might go that way.'
Monk continues to film every training session. On the first day of pre-season each player was given a digital presentation of Monk's vision for Leeds.

At Swansea, he would mic himself up for training and listen back to every recording to check tone and clarity. He no longer does that. 'I'm fed up with my own voice,' he joked.
Sports psychologist Ian Mitchell would also join the coaches for training. 'I don't have a sports psychologist now,' Monk said. 'I'm confident dealing with that myself.
'I've changed. At Swansea, I knew what I was doing but there were things that played a big part in my mind that weren't really relevant.
'I would get in very, very early and make sure I was the last to leave. What was the latest I left? Well, the problem was my house was two minutes from the training ground. It was like "have a row with the missus and just go up the training ground for a bit!"
'I was there late into the night at times. You have a lot on your shoulders so you need a clear mind. Working from 6am until 10pm is not the most effective thing.

'There were times where I wanted to be there for the sake of wanting to be there. I was working but was it effective work? Maybe not always. I felt I had to do it because that's the typical image of a manager. I feel a better manager now than I ever did at Swansea.'
For Leeds, the picture now looks rosy but six games into the league season it was different. Leeds had suffered their worst start to a campaign since 1981 and supporters wondered if Cellino's patience would run out.
'I never had doubts about the way I was working,' Monk said. 'Yes, there was frustration because I could see the lads working hard but we need time and understanding from all at the club to understand the process.

'Ninety-nine per cent of promoted teams have longevity together. Swansea was built over many years. We can see Burnley, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday, Brighton doing similar. We are putting down important foundations here.
'My relationship with the owner has been excellent. He likes to know about the club, he is passionate about it — which I like. My job is the football and all the other side is for the club to deal with.'
'There are Leeds fans everywhere. I go to Spain and there are Leeds fans in the airport. I speak to Eddie Gray (former Leeds player and manager), who reminds me of the responsibility.
'Johnny Giles visited us at pre-season in Ireland. We had 3,000 at every game. I want to take them where they deserve to be.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3965870/Leeds-manager-Garry-Monk-dreaming-big-Elland-Road-fans-Premier-League-wow.html#ixzz4QwyvYBYy
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #444 på: Januar 17, 2017, 22:14:39 »
Monk har jo blitt litt kjent for å ikke alltid  treffe med taktikken første 45 for så snu kampbildet fullstendig etter hvilen. Har vi noe av forklaringen her?

" 'I spoke to Ryan Jones, the former Wales rugby captain,' Monk said. 'I wanted to know about mental and physical preparation. Rugby treats games as war. There are certain bits about how they prepare mentally that can benefit my young players, particularly their professionalism.
'I wanted to know how rugby managers talk to players at half-time......."
  :)
Jon R.

Rudi G.

• Gjest
« Svar #445 på: Januar 17, 2017, 22:25:12 »
Monk har jo blitt litt kjent for å ikke alltid  treffe med taktikken første 45 for så snu kampbildet fullstendig etter hvilen. Har vi noe av forklaringen her?

" 'I spoke to Ryan Jones, the former Wales rugby captain,' Monk said. 'I wanted to know about mental and physical preparation. Rugby treats games as war. There are certain bits about how they prepare mentally that can benefit my young players, particularly their professionalism.

Ser vi vekk i fra 442 perioden og byttene mot Wigan som gjør at det blir utligning i det 90. minutt, er første omgangen mot Rotherham det svakeste vi har sett taktisk fra Monk.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #446 på: Januar 17, 2017, 22:33:23 »
Ser vi vekk i fra 442 perioden og byttene mot Wigan som gjør at det blir utligning i det 90. minutt, er første omgangen mot Rotherham det svakeste vi har sett taktisk fra Monk.
DER tror jeg han selv gikk i undervurderingsfella. Vi stilte med høstens (på papiret) mest offensive lagoppstilling. Men den fungerte ikke i praksis...

Håper også han lærte av det. :)
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Xern

« Svar #447 på: Januar 17, 2017, 23:12:52 »
DER tror jeg han selv gikk i undervurderingsfella. Vi stilte med høstens (på papiret) mest offensive lagoppstilling. Men den fungerte ikke i praksis...

Håper også han lærte av det. :)
Tror akkurat det er en av de positive sidene ved å ha en så ung trener - Monk lærer fortsatt, og har mye lettere for å se egne feil enn en som har hatt samme jobben i flere tiår. Erfaring har sine positive sider det og, for all del.
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Jon R

« Svar #448 på: Januar 17, 2017, 23:29:33 »

....og typisk nok snudde han det det fullstendig i 2. omgang.  :)

Bortekampen mot Rham kanskje  den mest atypiske denne sesongen. Gode før pause for så å falle ned på nær bunnivået og nesten avgi poeng mot 10 mann. Unntaket som bekreftet regelen?  :)
Jon R.

Sydhagen

« Svar #449 på: Januar 19, 2017, 13:51:08 »
Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP  1 minfor 1 minutt siden
Radrizzani obviously spoke last weekend about extending Monk's deal. Monk said he sees Leeds as a long-term project for him. #lufc