Skrevet av Emne: Ligacupkamp: vs Luton Town @ Kenilworth Road, tirsdag 23/8 2016, kl 20.45  (Lest 28134 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Ligacupkamp mot Luton Town på Kenilworth Road tirsdag 23.august 2016 kl 20.45!

Bortekamper mot Luton har ikke akkurat vært noen suksesshistorier for Leeds United! På de ti siste oppgjørene har vi kun vunnet 2 av dem. Den siste helt tilbake på begynnelsen av 90-tallet.

Jeg tror imidlertid at vi nå har en manager og en tropp som har forstått at utvikling er viktig og at det må hard innsats til for å opprettholde et høyt nivå. Vi er akkurat begynt å prestere på et ok nivå, men heldigvis har vi en manager som ikke tar av ved en enkelt seier.

Her må det bygges kulturer og det starter med Luton på tirsdag!

Vi har flere spillere som har erfaring fra League Two og mye av deres kompetanse på dette nivået kan komme godt med her!

Cupkamper mellom lagene:

FA Cup:
Date Venue Round Result Crowd Scorers
10/01/1959 Kenilworth Road FACR3 1 - 5 18354 Shackleton

League Cup:
02/11/1988 Elland Road LCR3 0 - 2 19447 -
13/12/1978 Elland Road LCR5 4 - 1 28177 Cherry, Currie, E. Gray, F. Gray
13/09/1967 Elland Road LCR2 3 - 1 11473 Lorimer, Lorimer, Lorimer (pen)

Luton Town v Leeds United: Last five meetings

JANUARY 2008: Tresor Kandol battles with Keith Keane. JACK BRAIN

10:11 Monday 22 August 2016 2
Leeds United boast a positive record against Luton Town in their last five meetings – winning three, drawing one and losing one – but they will still be looking to avenge a hefty 5-1 defeat in 2006. Here’s a closer look at how each match went.

Luton Town 1 Leeds United 1 – Kenilworth Road, January 26, 2008
Leeds United suffered late heartache as Luton substitute Sam Parkin scored in injury-time to snatch a point for the hosts. A League One clash, officiated by now-Premier League referee Mike Dean, in front of almost 10,000 fans saw Paul Huntingdon open the scoring for Leeds just before the hour-mark. However, Luton, who were in danger of successive relegations, fought back and netted late on.

http://forum.leedsunited.no/index.php/topic,9734.msg107620.html#msg107620

Leeds United 1 Luton Town 0 – Elland Road, September 1, 2007
Another League One meeting helped United to move towards a positive points total, having started the season on -15 for their failure to comply with the rules of insolvency, with a goal from Congolese striker Tresor Kandol proving decisive. The Whites extended their three-game unbeaten run, which continued for another nine games before they were beaten by Carlisle United. Leeds United 1 Luton Town 0 – Elland Road, March 10, 2007 Two teams involved in a relegation scrap met at Elland Road in early March 2007 and United, who were rock bottom of the Championship at the time, won the game with a goal from forward Richard Cresswell. Fellow strugglers Luton missed their chance to get on level terms by missing a penalty in the dying minutes.

http://forum.leedsunited.no/index.php/topic,8939.msg79055.html#msg79055

Leeds United 1 Luton Town 0 - Elland Road, March 10, 2007
It is just another tawdry sideshow in the malodorous mess that is Leeds United.
They battled yesterday. Nobody could argue with their desire and commitment and when Richard Cresswell scored early in the second half a kind of delirium broke out in the stands, where 27,138 made it the second highest attendance of the season. Prices had been reduced.
Earlier, Lubomir Michalik and Jonathan Douglas had headed against the bar and Robbie Blake had the same misfortune with a free kick as Leeds controlled the match against Luton, a team with their own relegation anxieties.
With four minutes left, Luton were awarded a penalty. It was poorly taken by substitute Dean Morgan, comfortably saved by Casper Ankergren

http://forum.leedsunited.no/index.php/topic,7836.msg52459.html#msg52459

Luton Town 5 Leeds United 1 – Kenilworth Road, 21 October, 2006
Luton condemned Leeds to a fourth consecutive defeat with a four-goal second-half rout. The first-half was an evenly-contested affair, with Hayden Foxe cancelling out Carlos Edwards’ opener through a well-worked corner. However, the second half saw Luton push on their promotion charge with four goals. A fortunate deflection helped the ball find its way to Rowan Vine, who chested in 10 minutes after the restart. Just one minute later, poor defending from United was punished by a skilful run from Edwards, who beat two players before crossing it in to David Bell. The Ireland youth international scooped the ball past Neil Sullivan, making it 3-1. Leeds’ lack of defensive structure was exposed once again as a set-piece saw an unmarked Markus Heikkinen head in Luton’s fourth from Steve Robinson’s free-kick. The game’s first goalscorer also had the final say: Edwards got the final touch on a cross from Vine which ricocheted around in the box.

http://forum.leedsunited.no/index.php/topic,6663.msg24498.html#msg24498

Leeds United 2 Luton Town 1 – Elland Road, February 25, 2006
On the back of a just one loss in 11 Championship matches, Leeds continued their good form as they beat Luton 2-1 at Elland Road. The Hatters had a penalty appeal turned down early in the second half only a matter of seconds before Jonathan Douglas gave United the lead. The Whites went on to double their advantage, with Eddie Lewis scoring his fourth league goal of the season. Steve Howard, who later joined Derby County with Lewis, scored a late consolation for the visitors, heading in with seven minutes left on the clock. Have you downloaded the free YEP app available on Android and iphone?

Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/luton-town-v-leeds-united-last-five-meetings-1-8081649
« Siste redigering: August 22, 2016, 17:09:10 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

An interview with a rival - Luton Town

Ahead of tomorrow's Football League Cup clash away at Luton, Keith Ingham spoke to mad-hatter and friend Paul Clark about all things Luton Town.
​
How long have you been a Luton fan?

Lifelong Hatters fan, this is my 45th year of attending and 42nd season ticket.

What is your favourite moment/player of all time?

That has to be Steve Foster and what a day at Wembley when he lifted the Littlewood's Cup in '88 after defeating Arsenal 3-2.

How are you finding League Two since your promotion?

Many good teams in League 2. It's not too much different from non-league to be honest. Obviously easier to get out of with four going up, hopefully one of those being us this season under a good manager in Nathan Jones.

Any memories of games against Lufc?

Many memories of Luton vs Leeds encounters. My first being a 1-1 draw at Elland Road, Butlin for Luton and Clark replying for Leeds. Incidentally being Clough's last game in charge of Leeds if my memory serves me correctly.

I actually stood on the Elland Road end that day with my dad, mum and sister and still to this day remember having my bobble hat nicked walking out the ground at FT lol.
 Picture
The two clubs have definitely experienced some entertaining fixtures over the years.
Other memories include a 2-0 win at Leeds in a midweek League Cup game in the 88/89 season and a very hostile atmosphere where we we quickly ushered out of Leeds on the final whisk as the natives weren't too happy with the result!

Probably the best one has to be the 5-1 thrashing we gave you at our place in the Championship in 2006. It's not very often we score 5 or more but to do it against a big club like Leeds is something special, although I've been to many more games between us two I'll leave the rest alone as you probably beat us on those occasions! Lol.

Your opinion on how both are clubs are run at this moment in time?

Our club is now run better than it has ever been run as we have a fan owned club now, not people who have robbed the club like in previous years. I don't know how Leeds is run at this moment in time but I think maybe a bit similar to ours with a bad chairman/board members.

Hopes and aspirations for this coming season?

Obviously we hope we can get promotion and looking at the league and the squad we have a top three finish it's quite possible, not forgetting our planning application for the new ground.

Any player that we need to watch out for?

The twelfth man has always been a good player on a Tuesday night cup tie down at the Kenny under lights over the years.failing that we work as a team so watch out for the other 11!!!

In your opinion, who will win promotion from League Two this year?

In no particular order Plymouth, Luton and Portsmouth for promotion. Being a Luton fan I'd like to steer clear of playoffs, we don't get on very well,lol.

Same question, but for the Championship?

Newcastle, Villa and Leeds.

Score and scorers for tomorrow's game?

Luton 1 Leeds 1 (Marriott) Luton to win on pens.

We'd like to thank Paul for answering all our questions and wish him luck for the season. Let's hope Tuesday's game is as fiery as some of the fixtures Paul previously mentioned, but this time Leeds come out on top.

By Keith Ingham
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Bjorn

Måtte vi klare oss bedre mot dem enn Villa. Da blir jeg fornøyd!  ;D
Marching On! 4276

RoarG

Denne kampen prioriterer jeg lavt. Håper at mange som ikke har startet til nå får sjansen her.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Xern

Denne kampen prioriterer jeg lavt. Håper at mange som ikke har startet til nå får sjansen her.
Så lenge vi går videre så er alt greit for meg. Vil ikke ha noen pinlig exit som følge av dårlig line-up.
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Nørgaard

Så lenge vi går videre så er alt greit for meg. Vil ikke ha noen pinlig exit som følge av dårlig line-up.

Så gerne Eoghan Stokes på bænken i denne.

SindreWikre

• På juniorlaget
  • Sindre - LEEDS - LEEDS - LEEDS
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Silvestri
Coyle - Bamba - Jansson - Cooper
Murphy - Dia - Phillips - Mowatt
Douk - Anton

Spar ben å få spillere på utstilling
Pontus ❤

Promotion 2010

Silvestri
Coyle - Bamba - Jansson - Cooper
Murphy - Dia - Phillips - Mowatt
Douk - Anton

Spar ben å få spillere på utstilling

Ikke dårlig, men regner med at vi får se Roofe mot kjent motstand. Han var Superb mot Fleetwood!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Monk om Luton, Dallas, Taylor og agenter!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p045jgkm

Min første Leeds-kamp:

SupALeedS

Skummel kamp dette...
Alex

Bjorn

Skummel kamp dette...

Ja, burde være aldersgrense..  :o
Marching On! 4276

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post

Prøver meg på
Green
Coyle Cooper Jansson  Taylor
Phillips  Bridcutt
Dallas  Hernandez  Roofe
Wood 
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Bjorn

Prøver meg på
Green
Phillips  Bridcutt
Dallas  Hernandez  Roofe
Wood

Trodde du holdt deg til damene Asbjørn?
Herregud! Jeg må slutte!  :o ::) ::) 

Enig i laget. Ingen grunn til å hvile noen. Denne skal vi prøve å vinne!  :)
Marching On! 4276

TK20

Prøver meg på
Green
Phillips  Bridcutt
Dallas  Hernandez  Roofe
Wood

Kanskje Denton over Taylor, siden han loker med kontrakten?

RoarG

Prøver på denne lagoppstillingen, 4-1-3-1-1:

Peacock-Farell
Ayling  Bamba Jansson Taylor
                     Bridcutt
Sacko            Grimes     Mowatt
                   Hernandez
                       Wood

Subs: Silvestri, Denton, Vieira, Roofe, Antonsson, Cooper, Phillips
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

h.b

• Gjest

Peacock-Farell
                     Bridcutt
                   Hernandez
                       Wood

Kjør samme lag som sist mot SW. Eneste unntakene av Roofe inn for Wood, og Jansson inn i midtforsvaret bak

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post

LOL :D
Her bør man nok passe seg for formuleringene, ja! :)

Ellers fikk jeg drlig samvittighet mht Grimes og Ayling - Mowatt var jeg meg bevisst.
Jo, i enkelte lagdeler har vi 'luksusproblemer' nå. :)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Bjorn

LOL :D
Her bør man nok passe seg for formuleringene, ja! :)

Ellers fikk jeg drlig samvittighet mht Grimes og Ayling - Mowatt var jeg meg bevisst.
Jo, i enkelte lagdeler har vi 'luksusproblemer' nå. :)

Bare ordspill og fjas på meg idag. De på jobb har fått gjennomgå også. Må ve være fordi jeg er spent før kamp..  ;D

Marching On! 4276

RoarG

Peacock-Farell
                     Bridcutt
                   Hernandez
                       Wood

Kjør samme lag som sist mot SW. Eneste unntakene av Roofe inn for Wood, og Jansson inn i midtforsvaret bak
Mener Wood bør starte her. Han er tydeligvis veldig avhengig av selvtillit for å levere. Putter han i dag igjen vil selvtilliten gradvis bli bedre. Mener at Monk også må spille inn de rett bak første-11eren, i tilfelle skader. Derfor bør Bamba inn i forsvaret og Grimes inn på midtbanen.

h.b

• Gjest

Peacock-Farell
                     Bridcutt
                   Hernandez
                       Wood

Mener Wood bør starte her. Han er tydeligvis veldig avhengig av selvtillit for å levere. Putter han i dag igjen vil selvtilliten gradvis bli bedre. Mener at Monk også må spille inn de rett bak første-11eren, i tilfelle skader. Derfor bør Bamba inn i forsvaret og Grimes inn på midtbanen.

Med tap i dag øker presset på Monk. Så det med å spille inn selvtilit er viktig. Bamba bør aldri noensinne spille en eneste kamp mere for Leeds

RoarG

Peacock-Farell
                     Bridcutt
                   Hernandez
                       Wood

Med tap i dag øker presset på Monk. Så det med å spille inn selvtilit er viktig. Bamba bør aldri noensinne spille en eneste kamp mere for Leeds
Tviler på at presset på Monk øker så veldig med tap her. Mye viktigere å unngå tap mot Forest til helga.

Promotion 2010

Phil Hay

Bit of early team news - expecting Pontus Jansson to make his full debut tonight, alongside Sol Bamba in the centre of defence. #lufc
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

De gleder seg tydeligvis til kamp i Luton. Tror ikke på noen gjentakelse av Aston Villa-skrellet noen uker tilbake. Leeds tar dette greit, selv med "redusert"lag. http://www.luton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=457947

metaljon

Link/stream til kampen?  Bare radio?
The Chief!

SindreWikre

• På juniorlaget
  • Sindre - LEEDS - LEEDS - LEEDS
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Kan ikke toppe laget hver kamp å denne kampen betyr ikke like mye som ligaen.
Pontus ❤

auren

Litt B-preg over laget:

#lufc team vs @LutonTown: Silvestri, Coyle, Jansson, Bamba, Denton, Murphy, Grimes, Hernandez, Dallas, Roofe, Doukara.

Kan bli tøft!  :-[

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

auren

#lufc subs vs @LutonTown: Green, Ayling, Cooper, Phillips, Mowatt, Sacko, Antonsson.

auren

auren

Her bytter vel Monk ut hele startelleveren mot Wednesday. Jeg tror ikke det er lurt…

auren

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Her bytter vel Monk ut hele startelleveren mot Wednesday. Jeg tror ikke det er lurt…

Han byttet ut hele midtbanen foran Wednesday. DET gikk i alle fall bra. :)

Seier i Luton bygger videre på selvtilliten. For øvrig bryr jeg meg katten om denne cupen.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Annesj

Er ikke så sikker. Kan slå begge veier. Spennende å se hvordan dette slår ut.
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds