Skrevet av Emne: Ex-Spiller: Paudie O'Connor  (Lest 8712 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Ex-Spiller: Paudie O'Connor
« på: Mars 06, 2017, 19:55:02 »
Limerick’s Paudie O’Connor signs for Leeds United
It has been announced today that Limerick FC defender Paudie O’Connor has signed a two and a half year deal with championship side Leeds United.

O’Connor has been with the Munster side for the last three and a half seasons and was a member of the side that won the First Division last year.

Limerick will be entitled to compensation as O’Connor is only 19 years of age.

The player left a message on his Twitter thanking the club and the manager.

http://leagueofireland.ie/index.php/2017/03/06/limericks-paudie-oconnor-signs-leeds-united/
« Siste redigering: Juni 20, 2019, 09:00:59 av Promotion 2010 »
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Ny akademispiller: Paudie O'Connor
« Svar #1 på: Mars 06, 2017, 20:41:53 »
For all del, at han fortrinnsvis er tenkt brukt på U23 i første omgang er min tolkning, men som 19-åring er det vel lett å tenke slik...
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2 på: Mars 06, 2017, 20:52:20 »
Twitter:

@philhayyep @___bja @cunneen92  Hes been a first team regular at Limerick since he was 17.Leeds beat off competition from Barnsley.Still 19.

@PhilHayYEP @___BJA Superb in the air, great attitude. Footwork will need to improve, but he has everything else, in my book.

@Jordan_P_Jones @Cunneen92 @PhilHayYEP ball playing centre half, can come forward with the ball.

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

auren

« Svar #3 på: Mars 06, 2017, 21:30:56 »
Spennende! Håper at han med rett coaching kan lukte på A-laget i løpet av neste sesong (hvis vi blir værende i Championshiop vel og merke).

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

RoarG

« Svar #4 på: Mars 06, 2017, 21:33:11 »
Gode, unge forsvarspillere tas i mot med takk.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #5 på: Mars 06, 2017, 21:53:33 »
...for the record, egentlig heter han

Padraig O'Connor
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Blank_File

« Svar #6 på: Mars 07, 2017, 01:16:13 »
Føles litt bittersøtt å få inn talenter til slik vi driver akademiet om dagen...

Xern

« Svar #7 på: Mars 07, 2017, 17:32:31 »
Føles litt bittersøtt å få inn talenter til slik vi driver akademiet om dagen...
+1.
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

RoarG

« Svar #8 på: Mars 08, 2017, 21:42:03 »
Unge O'Connor ønsker å følge i tidligere landsmenns fotspor på Elland Road. Måtte du lykkes, Paudie :). http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/03/08/paudie-oconnor-will-hope-to-continue-irish-tradition-at-leeds-un/
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #9 på: Juli 06, 2017, 14:00:35 »
Who is Paudie O’Connor? Young Irishman stars in Leeds United friendly against Harrogate Town
We profiled the young defender a few days ago
by Pete Schlenker Jul 5, 2017, 4:53pm BST

Photo by Paul Thomas/Getty Images
Leeds United’s official twitter kept a running account of the pre-season match against Yorkshire foes Harrogate Town. Many fans kept wondering who O’Connor was, as his name kept popping up in the tweets, doing good things.

We profiled the young Irish defender before, with our very own Mike Stehlik saying about him

Enter Paudie O’Connor.
The 19-year-old centre-back has the biggest chance of his young career, as Thomas Christiansen has picked him to train with the first team across preseason.

Paudie O’Connor started playing football for hometown club Limerick and was a part of Super Blues first team since 2015. He played 23 times in the First Division last season, netting two goals. After his contract expired, the Irishman joined Leeds U23 three months ago following a successful trial. O’Connor was also being pursued by the likes of Leicester City and Crystal Palace.

It’s good to see a young player such as Paudie O’Connor getting his chance to shine in a preseason friendly, even if it is against Harrogate Town. And it’s even better to see him play well. As we noted before, Andrea Radrizzani values youth and the Academy, as sees bringing along young players to the senior team as important to the success of the club. Having a U-23 player show up and play well is a great way of validating the steps the club is taking and the kind of players that are being targeted by the club.

While all the attention has been paid, and rightly so, to the senior team during the summer transfer window, bringing in players such as Paudie O’Connor and Madger Gomes from Liverpool will help down the line. Many teams have attempted to buy their way to the Premier League, but a solid youth team foundation will do wonders to keep the team up instead of being tourists.

https://throughitalltogether.sbnation.com/2017/7/5/15922808/who-is-paudie-oconnor-young-irishman-stars-in-leeds-united-friendly-harrogate-town-madger-gomes
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #10 på: Desember 28, 2017, 17:33:09 »
'I'm learning all the time at Leeds' - Former Limerick FC defender Paudie O'Connor

TWELVE months ago talented Ballybrown-born defender Paudie O’Connor made the seismic switch from Limerick FC to Leeds Utd, a giant of English football.

Twenty year-old O’Connor’s rise has been nothing short of meteoric. From Kilcornan, to Breska Rovers, on to Regional Utd, and then signing for Limerick FC at 16 in July 2013 to play with their U-19s.

Central defender O’Connor’s senior debut for Limerick FC in the Premier Division of the SSE Airtricity League followed quickly.

While Limerick were relegated from the top flight at the end of 2015, the Blues and O'Connor bounced back superbly, romping to the First Division title with the centre half included in the First Division team of the Year.

Twelve months ago, cultured defender Paudie, son of Tom and Maura, signed for English Championship side, Leeds United, a club with a proud and decorated past, currently plying their trade in the Sky Bet Championship.

How big a decision was it to leave Limerick given they had won promotion back to the Premier Division?

Paudie O’Connor: "I was in UL through that season Limerick were in the First Division (2016) studying engineering.

“I had decided to take a year out at the end of that year to concentrate on football. I deferred the place in college.

"There was nothing holding me back. I had a few contacts from England who got in touch and asked me to come over, so I went over, to look at my options, see what was going.

"I had a contract offer from Limerick (for the 2017 Airtricity League Premier Division season) quite quickly after the season ended, but I didn't rush into any decision.

"I went over, went to Crystal Palace for a few days, went to Leicester for quite a bit and then Leeds came in this time last year, just after Christmas.

“I went there for a week, played a couple of games and liked what was there. They liked me. I came home and let Leeds and Limerick speak. It went from there.

"I don't think the decision to go was too easy to be honest. What my thinking was where will I get probably the best development for me going forward?

“I thought the professionalism, the set-up, the facilities, everything, was swinging me more than just football.

“I was going to get that wherever I went, so it was off-the-field benefits, lifestyle stuff, getting that level of exposure with the facilities was going to benefit me more than playing another year in the Premier Division which was appealing to me.

"It definitely wasn't an easy decision, but the one which would benefit me more was to go."

What big a change has life at Leeds Utd been for you?

PO'C: “I signed a two and a half year deal with Leeds and moved over on March 1 (2017). I have a year and a half left.

"I was training mainly with the U-23s. I had missed out on the League of Ireland pre-season because I didn’t go back with Limerick.

“ I had two to two and a half weeks myself with the S&C coach at Leeds. That got my fitness levels on the pitch and in the gym up to scratch.

"I played about six or seven games with the U-23s and trained with the first team until the end of the season.

“It was nice coming back in for pre-season knowing what I was getting myself into because I was aiming to make sure I would come back firing for pre-season.

“Leeds Utd’s Thorp Arch training ground,  includes 8-9 grass pitches, an indoor astro, an outdoor astro, brand new gym, it’s state-of-the-art.

"That is one of the areas I need to improve on, the physicality, being a centre half, my quick feet, having that there on my door step helped

"I had a small idea before I went about the support base for Leeds Utd in Ireland. I knew about Johnny Giles and the Irish connection and that.

“But not for a minute did I realise the amount of Irish supporters Leeds has. I got messages literally for about two weeks straight of different, supporters clubs in Galway wishing you well. I didn't have any idea of that.”

You were involved with the Leeds first team squad for pre-season training last summer?

PO'C: We were due back in  for pre-season on July 1, but myself and another lad got called back on June 24, a week early because we were going to be with the first team.

"I did three-and-a-half weeks training with the first team because the new gaffer Thomas Christiansen and his backroom team came in. He wanted to have a look at everything.

"I felt I did alright, played a couple of games, did well, training well. The squad flew out for their pre-season trip to Austria to play a couple of games and a few of us didn't travel.

“I knew after that it was only going to be bit-part for me, realistically.

“Our two starting centre halves, were the Swedish international Pontus Jansson and Liam Cooper, the skipper, and after that, he brought in a lad from Everton Matthew Pennington on loan, I knew the door mightn't be open as much as I would wish for, but that is football. It is going to throw up challenges.

"I played with the U-23s, got on the bench for the first team a couple of times for a few of the League Cup games.

“It was nice to be involved, but going forward, in the next couple of months, I will probably be looking for first team football again because if it doesn't come at Leeds maybe somewhere else because the U-23s is good and all, but there is not that level of competitiveness that I am used to or like.

“I have a Spanish coach with the U-23s Carlos Corberán and it is good to learn a complete new way of football and new way of thinking about it. That is good for me and for my football.”

With former Republic of Ireland international Stephen Hunt as your agent, what is next?

PO'C: “Going forward, I would like to be back playing first team.

"There is always the loan option as well. You can get a season-long loan, so we will see what options are on the table, I won't be jumping into anything without thinking over.

"As you say, I have Stephen Hunt, the former Irish international, looking after me. He is my agent. He has been good to me. He lives in Birmingham, not too far away from me.

“He is up every second week really if I have a game or just to have a chat.

"Stephen, myself and my Dad will sit down and assess the options. I can't complain. My time so far has been enjoyable and I have learned a lot.”

You became a social media hit in November when acting as peacemaker in a friendly game in Wales which was ultimately abandoned?

PO'C: “Someone in the club was doing someone a favour in Rhyl FC in North Wales about two and a half hours from Leeds, so we arranged to play them in a friendly on a Tuesday night.

“The pitch wasn't great. Within about two minutes there wasn’t a blade of grass to be seen. The home side took a physical approach to the game.

"Myself and a couple of English boys in the team were the only ones used to it. They flew in on the Spanish boys in our side who didn't like it. It was getting heated.

“We were sticking up for ourselves, but you could tell it was a game which was going to get out of hand fairly quickly.

“At the start of the second half, our right back, played a pass inside and a guy left another one late on him.

“He thought, ‘I'm not having this’ and squared up to the Rhyl player who lands a haymaker out of nowhere.

“It was something like you would see outside a night club in town.

"I am the closest man and have seen it, so I went in to give him one back. The hand bags start flying then. It was one of these things that happened. The game was abandoned.

"A supporter filmed it and by the time we got on the bud to go home it was all over all types of social media.”

How do you rate your experience at Leeds to date?

POC: "I feel it was the right decision (to move to Leeds) and I a reaping the rewards with the fact of the level of football I am getting there, obviously training with the first team and that under Christiansen. He is a really good manager and knows his stuff.

"I suppose there is only so much learning you can do here (in Ireland), that is not being disrespectful to any of the managers in this country, but the level of coaching in England is that big higher.

“ I feel like I am learning all the time. That is the main reason I moved and I am happy enough with it.

"We play in an U23 development league, so our next game is against Burnley on Friday, January 5.

“We played Bolton in our last game which ended in a 2-2 draw.”

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #11 på: April 09, 2018, 08:08:50 »
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-who-are-paudie-o-connor-and-callum-nicell-1-9103323/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Paudie O’Connor

Position: Defender

What you need to know...

Paudie O'Connor is a 20-year-old Irish central defender who signed for Leeds United in the summer of 2017 from League of Ireland side Limerick. He has captained Carlos Corberan's under-23's side this season and has earned rave reviews from those who watch him on a weekly basis at Thorp Arch.

Paul Heckingbottom said the Whites had been preparing the youngster for his eventual debut: "We've had Paudie with us all week because we're light in that position. If he is needed we want him to be as comfortable as possible and understand what we want from him. All the players understand his role and it gives him the best possible chance to succeed."

Pontus Jansson also revealed he has been impressed by the Irishman: "I've seen him in a couple of training [sessions] and I've seen him also in an under-23 game."

"He is good, he has confidence. He looks like me when I was young wanting to take risks with the ball which is good. He is clever, strong and fast. He can be a good defender and if I play with him I will take my responsibility and help him and try to have a good game."

Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

« Svar #12 på: April 09, 2018, 09:05:41 »
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-who-are-paudie-o-connor-and-callum-nicell-1-9103323/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Paudie O’Connor

Position: Defender

What you need to know...

Paudie O'Connor is a 20-year-old Irish central defender who signed for Leeds United in the summer of 2017 from League of Ireland side Limerick. He has captained Carlos Corberan's under-23's side this season and has earned rave reviews from those who watch him on a weekly basis at Thorp Arch.

Paul Heckingbottom said the Whites had been preparing the youngster for his eventual debut: "We've had Paudie with us all week because we're light in that position. If he is needed we want him to be as comfortable as possible and understand what we want from him. All the players understand his role and it gives him the best possible chance to succeed."

Pontus Jansson also revealed he has been impressed by the Irishman: "I've seen him in a couple of training [sessions] and I've seen him also in an under-23 game."

"He is good, he has confidence. He looks like me when I was young wanting to take risks with the ball which is good. He is clever, strong and fast. He can be a good defender and if I play with him I will take my responsibility and help him and try to have a good game."

Så veldig rask og sterk var han vel ikke? Synes han så litt lett ut. Minnet meg om Shaughnessy. God med ball i beina og turte å gå fremover i banen med ball. Absolutt en godkjent debut.

auren

kalle_92

• Gjest
« Svar #13 på: April 09, 2018, 09:19:28 »
Han slet voldsomt når McGeady rykket. Virket ikke særlig kjapp ut, i alle fall ikke de første meterene. Men absolutt en solid debut ellers.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #14 på: April 11, 2018, 07:25:13 »
LUFCdata

Paudie O'Connor vs. Preston:

52 touches
29 passes
14 clearances (most on pitch)
7 aerial duels won (most for Leeds)
4 tackles won (most for Leeds)
4 interceptions (joint-most)
1 foul
1 yellow card

Shining light on a dimly lit evening at Deepdale. #LUFC

Min første Leeds-kamp:

kalle_92

• Gjest
« Svar #15 på: April 11, 2018, 08:16:39 »
Utrolig gøy at noen av de unge står frem. Må være et voldsomt press for dem, godt å se at BPF og O'Connor har blomstret i hvertfall.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #16 på: Juni 16, 2018, 19:41:23 »
Paudie O'Connor set for new deal?

Earlier we brought you David Anderson of the Mirror’s piece on Biesla’s arrival and in that he states Paudie O’Connor will next week be signing a new deal with the club.

The centre-back broke into the Leeds first-team at the end of last season after arriving from Limerick last year and is set to be rewarded for his string of impressive performances with a new deal and wage bump.

Leedslive
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Sv: Spiller: Paudie O'Connor
« Svar #17 på: Juni 16, 2018, 20:36:29 »
Leeds United are close to agreeing a new contract for young defender Paudie O’Connor, according to The Mirror.

The Elland Road outfit have made a major move in recent weeks, with Paul Heckingbottom shown the door and high-profile Argentine coach Marcelo Bielsa taking the reigns in Yorkshire.

Leeds will now look to revamp the playing squad ahead of next season’s Championship campaign, with the current players set to be assessed by the South American.

O’Connor is a highly rated and versatile defender who moved to the Whites from Irish side Limerick last year.

The 20-year-old has been given a handful of opportunities in the Leeds first team but is viewed as a player for the future rather than someone who can make an immediate impact.

The report suggests negotiations with O’Connor are at an advanced stage and the Championship side are poised to make an announcement next week.

Leeds have invested in a number of youth players that look capable of being key men for Bielsa next season.

These include Ronaldo Vieira and Conor Shaughnessy, who have made an impact in the Yorkshire outfit’s first team.

Leeds fans are waiting with interest to find out which players Bielsa will target as transfer targets, as the sleeping giant fight for promotion back to the Premier League next season.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #18 på: Juni 28, 2018, 19:00:56 »
James Nursey

Leeds set to give starlet Paudie O’Connor a new contract in the next 24 hours – and then loan him out to continue his progress as Bielsa bringing others in. See @MirrorFootball live blog

Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

« Svar #19 på: Juni 29, 2018, 11:42:37 »
Ny 3-årskontrakt bekreftet:

Defender agrees fresh deal

Leeds United are pleased to announce defender Paudie O’Connor has signed a new contract with the club.

The 20-year-old has put pen to paper on a new two year deal, running until the summer of 2020 and the club holds an option to extend this by a further 12 months.

O’Connor joined the club from Irish side Limerick in 2017 and he went on to captain the Under-23 side.

His impressive performances for Carlos Corberan’s Under-23 side last term led to a senior debut in April 2018 against Sunderland.

He went on to make three further first team appearances during the 2017/18 campaign against Preston North End, Aston Villa and Barnsley.

Director of Football Victor Orta said, “We are really pleased to see Paudie sign a new deal at the club, he has huge potential and we hope he will be a key player for Leeds United for many years to come, not only is he a good footballer, he also has the desire and attitude needed to take him to the top. Paudie is keen to play games, as every hungry young footballer should, so we will now look to send him out on loan for the forthcoming season.”

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/23476/paudie-o-connor-signs-new-contract

auren
« Siste redigering: Juni 29, 2018, 12:19:00 av Promotion 2010 »

Promotion 2010

« Svar #20 på: Juni 29, 2018, 12:22:11 »
Joe Irquhart

Paudie O'Connor puts pen to paper on a new two-year deal - Leeds will loan him out this season if all goes to plan. #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #21 på: Juli 06, 2018, 13:56:52 »
Leeds United

#LUFC defender Paudie O’Connor has joined League One side Blackpool on a season-long loan deal

Defender makes loan move.

Leeds United defender Paudie O’Connor has joined Sky Bet League One side Blackpool on a season-long loan deal.

The 20-year-old joined Leeds from Limerick in 2017 and was made captain of the Under-23s upon his arrival.

His performances for Carlos Corberan’s side earned him a senior debut against Sunderland back in April and he went on to make three further Sky Bet Championship appearances during the back end of 2017/18 campaign.

O’Connor, who recently signed a new two year contract with the club, will now continue his development at Bloomfield Road where he will look to gain further first team experience.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Gufrias

« Svar #22 på: Juli 06, 2018, 18:34:01 »
Bra! Krysser fingrene for at han får mye spilletid, og blir god nok for et PL-lag i løpet av et par sesonger.
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Promotion 2010

« Svar #23 på: September 05, 2018, 12:31:34 »
Blackpool FC

90+4' - GOOOOOOAAAAALLLL!!!

Paudie O'Connor scores the equaliser.

(3-3)

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #24 på: Oktober 31, 2018, 22:43:14 »
Skåret 1-2 borte mot Arsenal i dag og blir utvist!

Litt av en kamp fra start for Paudie i Blackpool i ligacupen.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #25 på: Oktober 31, 2018, 22:57:42 »
Skåret 1-2 borte mot Arsenal i dag og blir utvist!

Litt av en kamp fra start for Paudie i Blackpool i ligacupen.

OG TIDLIGERE:

Lufc streams
Inches away from pulling a goal back.

On loan Leeds United defender Paudie O'Connor heads against the crossbar from a corner.

#ARSBLA

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #26 på: Oktober 31, 2018, 23:01:20 »
Påta Joe

1 - Paudie O'Connor is the first player to both score and be sent off in a single League Cup match since Lewis Cook for Leeds United v Doncaster Rovers in August 2015. Whirlwind.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #27 på: Oktober 31, 2018, 23:25:24 »
Hmm, skal se han tar steget opp snart.

Eriksen55

« Svar #28 på: Januar 08, 2019, 11:53:39 »
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-defender-paudie-o-connor-set-to-join-bradford-city-1-9525394

Hjem fra Blackpool og videre på lån til Bradford og David Hopkin for å kjempe mot nedrykk. Begrunnes med at han Bradfrod kan tilby han mer spilletid.

Lykke til :)

RoarG

« Svar #29 på: Januar 08, 2019, 12:00:56 »
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-defender-paudie-o-connor-set-to-join-bradford-city-1-9525394

Hjem fra Blackpool og videre på lån til Bradford og David Hopkin for å kjempe mot nedrykk. Begrunnes med at han Bradfrod kan tilby han mer spilletid.

Lykke til :)
Til erkerivalen Bradford City også, da gitt.