Skrevet av Emne: Breaking news i engelsk fotball  (Lest 330219 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

RoarG

Sv: Breaking news i engelsk fotball
« Svar #120 på: Oktober 23, 2017, 16:32:32 »
Så var Koeman ferdig i Everton. Fra 7.plass i forrige sesong til nedrykksplass nå. Klubben har brukt enorme summer på spillerkjøp, mens resultatene i PL og Europa League har uteblitt.
http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/fotball/koeman-ferdig-i-everton/3423383348.html

En klassisk kaosoppskrift..  ;D
Leeds 2002/2003?
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

HåvardK

« Svar #121 på: Oktober 23, 2017, 17:48:02 »
Så var Koeman ferdig i Everton. Fra 7.plass i forrige sesong til nedrykksplass nå. Klubben har brukt enorme summer på spillerkjøp, mens resultatene i PL og Europa League har uteblitt.
http://www.nettavisen.no/sport/fotball/koeman-ferdig-i-everton/3423383348.html

En klassisk kaosoppskrift..  ;D
Statistisk sett vil vel alle lag få en nedtur før eller siden. Skjønner ikke at dette er noe å ta sånn på vei for  ;D
Leeds 2002/2003?

Promotion 2010

« Svar #122 på: Oktober 26, 2017, 20:42:49 »
Kane nesten i Leeds i 2014:

Tottenham's Aussie insider reveals how superstar Kane was almost sold

Now valued at up to £223 million (A$380 million) and seemingly beyond even the deep pockets of a covetous Real Madrid, the England striker came within a whisker of being let go back in January 2014, after a series of lacklustre loan spells.

Sydneysider David Magrone, who worked under Andre Villas-Boas and Sherwood in Tottenham's inner sanctum, said it was only Kane's refusal to give up on his dream and Sherwood's faith that forestalled a Yorkshire switch.

"There was serious consideration among the hierarchy at the club to letting him go to Leeds because he'd been out on loan and had never really set the world on fire," said Magrone, who was responsible for bringing Socceroos midfielder Massimo Luongo to Spurs prior to the midfielder's eventual move to Queens Park Rangers.

"But Tim knew he was a Premier League player in the making, and really didn't want to let him go, even if the chairman (Daniel Levy) possibly did."

Kane nets double as Tottenham hit Liverpool for four

In-form Harry Kane scored another double as Tottenham Hotspur thrashed Liverpool 4-1 to increase the pressure on Jurgen Klopp.

Magrone also identified and recommended Spurs success stories Deli Ali and Son Heung-Min several seasons before Levy finally decided to sign them.

He said there were lingering doubts about Kane's ability.

"Harry had loans at Orient, Millwall, Norwich and Leicester and there was a bit doubt over whether he'd progress to the point where he'd be Premier League material," he said.

"It wasn't like he was costing the club too much or anything like that ... it was really a question of whether he was going to make it at Tottenham.

"It was really only Harry's desire to dig and prove himself at the top level and Tim's belief in him that stopped him going (when the offer came in).

"He backed his ability and the rewards are fully deserved. I don't think he once seriously considered going."

The collective sigh of relief from Spurs fans at dodging the bullet of a Kane departure can almost be felt, as Magrone expands on the tale: "Funnily enough, Harry was seen as maybe a bit slow and there were a few concerns about that.

I'd love to be a one club man, says Kane

Tottenham star Harry Kane wants to finish his career with the Premier League club, amid reported interested from Real Madrid.

"But look at him now ... he seems to have found a turn on pace to go with his incredible finishing ability.

"He's always had a fantastic physique as a player and he's just grown into his body. Now he's super strong and just shrugs defenders off.

"Tim Sherwood was always about promoting young talent and he persisted with Harry and gave him a chance to prove himself which may never have happened under AVB.

"In truth, even back then, Harry was the best finisher at the club by a mile.

"They spent £20 million on Roberto Soldado when Kane was there.

"But he wasn't getting a chance under AVB."

Kane's debut goal in a 5-1 humbling of Sunderland in April 2014 provided the platform for the now 24-year-old who tops the Premier League charts this season with eight goals in nine games for the club he joined aged 11.

Legendary status amongst fans was already in the bag with 75 league goals in the previous three seasons, with Magrone adding: "Harry is lethal ... left foot, right foot, headers, long range, inside the six yard box.

"He's got it all. You can't understate his importance to the club.

"Take him out of the picture and people will not be talking about Tottenham the same way they are today."
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

RoarG

« Svar #123 på: Oktober 26, 2017, 20:48:24 »
Kane nesten i Leeds i 2014:

Tottenham's Aussie insider reveals how superstar Kane was almost sold

Now valued at up to £223 million (A$380 million) and seemingly beyond even the deep pockets of a covetous Real Madrid, the England striker came within a whisker of being let go back in January 2014, after a series of lacklustre loan spells.

Sydneysider David Magrone, who worked under Andre Villas-Boas and Sherwood in Tottenham's inner sanctum, said it was only Kane's refusal to give up on his dream and Sherwood's faith that forestalled a Yorkshire switch.

"There was serious consideration among the hierarchy at the club to letting him go to Leeds because he'd been out on loan and had never really set the world on fire," said Magrone, who was responsible for bringing Socceroos midfielder Massimo Luongo to Spurs prior to the midfielder's eventual move to Queens Park Rangers.

"But Tim knew he was a Premier League player in the making, and really didn't want to let him go, even if the chairman (Daniel Levy) possibly did."

Kane nets double as Tottenham hit Liverpool for four

In-form Harry Kane scored another double as Tottenham Hotspur thrashed Liverpool 4-1 to increase the pressure on Jurgen Klopp.

Magrone also identified and recommended Spurs success stories Deli Ali and Son Heung-Min several seasons before Levy finally decided to sign them.

He said there were lingering doubts about Kane's ability.

"Harry had loans at Orient, Millwall, Norwich and Leicester and there was a bit doubt over whether he'd progress to the point where he'd be Premier League material," he said.

"It wasn't like he was costing the club too much or anything like that ... it was really a question of whether he was going to make it at Tottenham.

"It was really only Harry's desire to dig and prove himself at the top level and Tim's belief in him that stopped him going (when the offer came in).

"He backed his ability and the rewards are fully deserved. I don't think he once seriously considered going."

The collective sigh of relief from Spurs fans at dodging the bullet of a Kane departure can almost be felt, as Magrone expands on the tale: "Funnily enough, Harry was seen as maybe a bit slow and there were a few concerns about that.

I'd love to be a one club man, says Kane

Tottenham star Harry Kane wants to finish his career with the Premier League club, amid reported interested from Real Madrid.

"But look at him now ... he seems to have found a turn on pace to go with his incredible finishing ability.

"He's always had a fantastic physique as a player and he's just grown into his body. Now he's super strong and just shrugs defenders off.

"Tim Sherwood was always about promoting young talent and he persisted with Harry and gave him a chance to prove himself which may never have happened under AVB.

"In truth, even back then, Harry was the best finisher at the club by a mile.

"They spent £20 million on Roberto Soldado when Kane was there.

"But he wasn't getting a chance under AVB."

Kane's debut goal in a 5-1 humbling of Sunderland in April 2014 provided the platform for the now 24-year-old who tops the Premier League charts this season with eight goals in nine games for the club he joined aged 11.

Legendary status amongst fans was already in the bag with 75 league goals in the previous three seasons, with Magrone adding: "Harry is lethal ... left foot, right foot, headers, long range, inside the six yard box.

"He's got it all. You can't understate his importance to the club.

"Take him out of the picture and people will not be talking about Tottenham the same way they are today."
Nesten skyter ingen mann av hesten, men jammen hadde det vært artig om han hadde havnet her.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #124 på: Oktober 26, 2017, 20:58:42 »
Nesten skyter ingen mann av hesten, men jammen hadde det vært artig om han hadde havnet her.
På den tiden ville han nok ikke blitt lenge i Leeds uansett. Om han hadde vært en suksess hadde han blitt solgt for å finansiere den kommende sesongen... :(
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Xern

« Svar #125 på: Oktober 26, 2017, 22:42:45 »
Hva skal vi med Kane? Vi har jo O'Kane! ::)
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

RoarG

« Svar #126 på: Oktober 26, 2017, 23:11:54 »
Det har vi. Og han er en grepa kar.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #127 på: Oktober 28, 2017, 13:38:47 »
Want to read something different this weekend? Try the story of how #lufc won the 2001 Champions League pitchpublishing.co.uk/shop/if-only @lufcstats

https://www.pitchpublishing.co.uk/shop/if-only

Les den på nett har!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

« Svar #128 på: Oktober 31, 2017, 23:03:32 »
Og der var Grayson ferdig i Sunderland. Ikke overraskende:

Sunderland AFC has this evening parted company with manager Simon Grayson.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

raggen

« Svar #129 på: Oktober 31, 2017, 23:34:48 »
ikke uventet og kom kjapt etter kampslutt!!
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #130 på: November 03, 2017, 00:00:32 »
The 92

John O’Shea played at Manchester United for 12 years under 1 manager, he’s been at Sunderland for 6 years and gone through 10 managers.

;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #131 på: November 06, 2017, 16:12:19 »
Slaven Bilic må rydde kontoret sitt hos West Ham. I dag var det slutt.
Super Leeds since 1968

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #132 på: November 06, 2017, 17:34:18 »
Han hadde passet bedre hos oss!

Bjorn

« Svar #133 på: November 06, 2017, 18:26:59 »

No thanks. In Thomas I Trust.
Marching On! 4276

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #134 på: November 06, 2017, 20:18:08 »

Sorry. Dansken klarer ikke å snu dette. Dessverre :(

Kickthemdown

« Svar #135 på: November 06, 2017, 22:21:53 »

Hahaha takke nei til Bilic for å beholde Thomas. Tenk om noen noensinne hadde gjort det på ordentlig.  ;D

Bilic hadde vært helt konge.

Cherry

« Svar #136 på: November 07, 2017, 18:23:07 »

Hahaha takke nei til Bilic for å beholde Thomas. Tenk om noen noensinne hadde gjort det på ordentlig.  ;D

Hvorfor hadde han vært konge hos oss? :o

DenHviteYeboah

« Svar #137 på: November 07, 2017, 21:13:47 »

Hans krigerskalle hadde vært gull! Spillerne hadde gitt alt, tror jeg da  ;)

auren

« Svar #138 på: November 07, 2017, 23:01:01 »

Hans krigerskalle hadde vært gull! Spillerne hadde gitt alt, tror jeg da  ;)

Hans krigerskalle har jo hjulpet West Ham godt i gang denne sesongen...

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Dennis

« Svar #139 på: November 08, 2017, 08:45:50 »
Bilic er en svært begrenset taktiker og kurven har vært nedadgående i flere sesonger. Folk lar seg blinde av at han er en utradisjonell type. Noen stor trener er han ikke.

Tilsvaret til det er vel: "Hahaha! Og det mener du TC er?! :o :o"

Kan godt være Thomas Christiansen ikke klarer å snu dette, men jeg har ingen tro på at Slaven Bilic er noen topptrener. Skal Radrizzani ut å bytte trener nå, må det være en langsiktig plan bak det. Ikke bytte for å bytte. Det drev Cellino og Bates med (sistnevnte gjorde det i det minste billigst mulig) og det tok oss ingen plass - før Grayson.
Marching on together!

HåvardK

« Svar #140 på: November 08, 2017, 11:14:28 »
Bilic er en svært begrenset taktiker og kurven har vært nedadgående i flere sesonger. Folk lar seg blinde av at han er en utradisjonell type. Noen stor trener er han ikke.

Tilsvaret til det er vel: "Hahaha! Og det mener du TC er?! :o :o"

Kan godt være Thomas Christiansen ikke klarer å snu dette, men jeg har ingen tro på at Slaven Bilic er noen topptrener. Skal Radrizzani ut å bytte trener nå, må det være en langsiktig plan bak det. Ikke bytte for å bytte. Det drev Cellino og Bates med (sistnevnte gjorde det i det minste billigst mulig) og det tok oss ingen plass - før Grayson.
8)

Barba

« Svar #141 på: November 08, 2017, 19:40:01 »

Du vet, Kane O´Kane er dobbelt så mye Kane. Og du vet aldri hva de Kane finne på. Kane hende vi hadde rykka opp?
Barba - MOT

Dennis

« Svar #142 på: November 08, 2017, 20:15:11 »

Du vet, Kane O´Kane er dobbelt så mye Kane. Og du vet aldri hva de Kane finne på. Kane hende vi hadde rykka opp?

Med totalt mangel på ledertyper skriker Leeds mer etter en Bane.
Marching on together!

Hallgeir *

« Svar #143 på: November 19, 2017, 14:13:33 »
Chris Coleman tar over managerjobben i Sunderland.
Super Leeds since 1968

Hallgeir *

« Svar #144 på: November 20, 2017, 21:43:29 »
Here we go again....

Leeds face possible FA action for objects thrown in Boro game.

Leeds face possible disciplinary action from the Football Association after objects were thrown from the terraces during Sunday’s home win against Middlesbrough.
Missiles were thrown in the direction of a linesman by Leeds fans after referee Keith Stroud’s controversial decision to award Boro a second-half penalty and the FA have launched an investigation.

The FA confirmed to Press Association Sport that it will be asking the West Yorkshire club for their observations.

Middlesbrough striker Britt Assombalonga converted the 76th-minute spot kick – Leeds defender Luke Ayling was deemed to have fouled Daniel Ayala – after Stroud’s assistant had flagged for his attention.

A section of Leeds fans were incensed that Ayala had not been penalised for hauling down Ayling, who retaliated by grabbing the Boro defender’s leg.

Leeds held on to secure a 2-1 win for their first Sky Bet Championship success in four matches, while the first return to Elland Road of Boro boss Garry Monk made for a feverish atmosphere.

Monk quit Leeds at the end of May following owner Andrea Radrizzani’s takeover and was appointed as Boro manager just over two weeks later.

http://www.teamtalk.com/
Super Leeds since 1968

Promotion 2010

« Svar #145 på: Desember 03, 2017, 18:37:31 »
Sam Lee

Quite the suggestion from City today: any fans filming the players getting off the bus are being encouraged to clap by using their spare hand, and the spare hand of the person next to them. Honestly

:o
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Sydhagen

"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #148 på: Desember 19, 2017, 23:19:54 »
Barnsley på vei mot høydare
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/barnsley-taken-over-by-group-including-moneyball-pioneer-billy-beane-1.3332863
Eller som Blackburn...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Kan gå den veien. Men eiern har gjort Champions league lag av Nice. Og det tyder på kunnskap og kløkt

Sydhagen

« Svar #149 på: Desember 19, 2017, 23:22:41 »
Barnsley på vei mot høydare
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/barnsley-taken-over-by-group-including-moneyball-pioneer-billy-beane-1.3332863
Eller som Blackburn...

Kan gå den veien. Men eiern har gjort Champions league lag av Nice. Og det tyder på kunnskap og kløkt
Kunnskap og penger er jo en god kombinasjon. Merkelig valg av klubb egentlig. Billig kanskje?

"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."