Skrevet av Emne: Ung spiller: Callum Nicell  (Lest 4650 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Ung spiller: Callum Nicell
« på: Mars 16, 2017, 23:51:39 »
Leeds Academy:

Callum Nicell has been nominated for The 11, an @LFEonline award in recognition of performance or community input bit.ly/The11March

http://www.lfe.org.uk/news/the-11-march-2017
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

Sv: Ung spiller: Callum Nicell
« Svar #1 på: April 29, 2017, 22:19:54 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2 på: Februar 11, 2018, 12:21:05 »
Mange sammenligner han her med Lewis Cook:

Lufc
| Good luck to Callum Nicell who has been called up to the @FAIreland U19s squad for their double header against Romania

Fixtures
February 13: Republic of Ireland v Romania, La Manga, Spain, KO 14:00
February 15: Republic of Ireland v Romania, La Manga, Spain, KO 11:00

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #3 på: Februar 11, 2018, 12:37:15 »
Mange sammenligner han her med Lewis Cook:

Lufc
| Good luck to Callum Nicell who has been called up to the @FAIreland U19s squad for their double header against Romania

Fixtures
February 13: Republic of Ireland v Romania, La Manga, Spain, KO 14:00
February 15: Republic of Ireland v Romania, La Manga, Spain, KO 11:00
Da bør han snart banke på døren til @ laget. Cook var 17 da han spilte seg til fast plass i førsteelleveren.
Jon R.

kalle_92

• Gjest
« Svar #4 på: Februar 11, 2018, 14:14:02 »
Sett han i noen få U23 kamper. Langt i fra nivået Cook var på samme alder, og blir altså da 19 til høsten. Dog spennende at vi har unge talenter som viser seg fram!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #5 på: Februar 13, 2018, 19:08:26 »
 Callum Nicell played the full 90 minutes for @FAIreland’s U19s today, as they defeated Romania 1-0

Republic of Ireland: Brian Maher; Luke Heeney, Dara O'Shea (captain), Lee O'Connor, Rian O'Sullivan; Daniel McKenna, Callum Nicell; Kian Flanagan, Matthew Shiels (Rowan Roache 67), Anthony Scully (Ciaran Dunne 80); Aidan Keena (Aaron Dobbs 73).

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #6 på: April 09, 2018, 08:12:56 »
https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-who-are-paudie-o-connor-and-callum-nicell-1-9103323/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Callum Nicell

Position: Midfielder

What you need to know...

Callum Nicell is an 18-year-old midfielder originally from Doncaster but has been with Leeds United at Thorp Arch throughout his playing career. The youngster has represented Republic of Ireland U18's three times and was called up to the under-19's during March's international break. He was named the 2016/17 Academy Player of the Year.

Adam Underwood recently confirmed that Nicell will make the step up to United under-23's next season after impressing in Mark Jackson's under-18's side and revealed he had beneF***ed from playing alongside Barcelona youth product Oriol Rey in since his arrival last summer: "We’ve got Oriel, who’s 19 years old. He’s come up through Barcelona’s academy.

"He’s got lots of great qualities and he’s quite English in the way he plays but he has that technical class which comes from being in an academy like Barcelona’s.

“He’s playing next to Callum Nicell from Doncaster, a lad who’s been with us all his playing career. We’re giving Callum the opportunity to play with someone like Oriel in the centre of midfield. What a tremendous platform that is to develop from. "

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Cherry

« Svar #7 på: April 09, 2018, 09:31:50 »
Spennende......og skjønte ikke helt hvem dette var - med squadnummer 16 på drakta også.
Gått under radarn`- men svært hyggelig!
Bra at PH inkluderer disse beste unggutta nå i troppen !

Promotion 2010

« Svar #8 på: September 08, 2018, 11:12:46 »
Adam Pope

Nicell pens new deal

Leeds United midfielder Callum Nicell signs a new contract at the club until June 2020

The 18 year old celebrated his new deal by scoring in the Under 23s 5-0 win over Bristol City yesterday. #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #9 på: September 08, 2018, 11:13:34 »
Phil Hay

Leeds United Under-23s midfielder Callum Nicell signs a new contract with the club. Deal now runs to 2020. #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #10 på: September 08, 2018, 11:14:43 »
Leeds United youngster Callum Nicell pens new deal

Phil Hay
Published: 10:00 Saturday 08 September 2018
 Leeds United midfielder Callum Nicell.
Leeds United midfielder Callum Nicell.
Young Leeds United midfielder Callum Nicell has agreed a new two-year contract with the club.

The 18-year-old, who was among the goalscorers as Leeds’ Under-23s ran riot against Bristol City yesterday, will remain at Elland Road until at least 2020 after securing improved terms this morning.

Nicell has been edging towards the first-team picture at Leeds since the latter stages of the 2016-17 season when he was taken by former head coach Garry Monk with the senior squad to a Championship game at Fulham.

He made the bench for a 1-1 draw with Sunderland at Elland Road in April and was a regular for the Under-18s as they topped their Professional Development League last season.

Nicell - on the books at Leeds since the age of seven - has stepped up into the Under-23s this term and he claimed the second goal in yesterday’s 5-0 rout of Bristol City’s development squad, finishing off an attack which covered the full length of the field.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #11 på: September 08, 2018, 11:22:50 »
Meget gledelig.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #12 på: September 10, 2018, 13:45:17 »

‘I’ve worked hard for it’ - Callum Nicell’s delight at new Leeds United deal

Published: 10:57
 HAPPY DAYS: Callum Nicell signed a new deal with Leeds United at the weekend.' Picture: Bruce Rollinson
HAPPY DAYS: Callum Nicell signed a new deal with Leeds United at the weekend.' Picture: Bruce Rollinson
Updated: 11:05 Monday 10 September 2018

CALLUM Nicell highlighted the influence of Chelsea loanee Lewis Baker after the teen midfielder’s dream weekend for Leeds United.

Nicell signed a new two-year deal with the club on Saturday morning, ensuring he will remain at Elland Road at least until 2020.

The 18-year-old had earlier got himself on the scoresheet as United’s under-23s hammered Bristol City’s development side 5-0 at Elland Road on Friday with United naming a strong team and fielding several first-team players during the international break.

Summer striker signing Patrick Bamford started up front before the £7m recruit had to be substituted with a knee injury while the Whites XI also featured Manchester City loanee winger Jack Harrison plus Chelsea loanee duo Baker and ’keeper Jamal Blackman.

Baker plays in a similar position to Nicell who admitted the 23-year-old was a player he could particularly learn from.

Asked about the influence of United’s first-team players following Friday’s victory, Nicell said: “You learn a lot from them, especially Baker in a similar position to me.

I have been here since the age of seven, so I’m delighted to sign again and stay here for longer. It’s very pleasing. Obviously I’ve worked hard for it so to get given a new deal before my next one runs out is even better so it takes some pressure off.

Callum Nicell
“The way he just talks to me and his positions and where we picks the ball up, you can learn a lot from them and it obviously helps having them in the team. It makes us better.”

Nicell has been edging towards the first-team picture at Leeds since the latter stages of the 2016-17 season when he was taken by former head coach Garry Monk with the senior squad to a Championship game at Fulham.

The midfielder made the bench for a 1-1 draw with Sunderland at Elland Road in April and was a regular for the Under-18s as they topped their Professional Development League last season. Nicell – on the books at Leeds since the age of seven – has stepped up into the Under-23s this term and he claimed the second goal in Friday’s 5-0 rout of Bristol City’s development squad, finishing off an attack which covered the full length of the field.

The midfielder then put pen to paper on a new deal the following morning.

“It feels amazing,” said Nicell.

“I have been here since the age of seven, so I’m delighted to sign again and stay here for longer. It’s very pleasing.

“Obviously I’ve worked hard for it so to get given a new deal before my next one runs out is even better so it takes some pressure off.”

Mirroring United’s first team who are top of the Championship, Leeds’ under-23s are also unbeaten and Nicell added: “We’ve not lost yet, so hopefully we can continue to work on this, keep doing that and see how long we can remain unbeaten.

“Obviously there was a lot of first teamers on Friday so we hadn’t really had a chance to train as a team.

“So to do that and play as well we did shows a lot about the team - how we played.

“I’ve not scored in a while so that was good.

“It was the best feeling. As soon as I hit it I ‘saw’ it go in, so ... It’s not often I do it so hopefully I can add more to my game.”

Nicell started in centre-midfield in Friday’s clash against Bristol City in which Bamford opened the scoring before leaving the field on the half-hour mark following a clash of legs in the City box. Leeds were assessing the striker over the weekend with United waiting to find out how long Bamford may be sidelined for although the Whites are hopeful it won’t be a lengthy lay-off with the striker able to leave Elland Road and drive himself home following the incident.

Seventeen-year-old winger Jack Clarke produced a brilliant display in the victory as he notched two assists and a goal to stun the visitors to put Leeds in full control after just 25 minutes. Clarke’s first act was to provide Bamford with a tap-in as the winger played a lovely one-two with Jordan Stevens which saw Clarke burst into the area and lay the ball on a plate for the striker at the back post.

Minutes later he again picked out a decisive pass from the right which found midfielder Callum Nicell alone on the edge of the box and he lashed home a lovely strike to double the scoreline. The youngster then grabbed one himself as Manchester City loanee Harrison turned provider with an inviting ball from the left which was met with a emphatic half-volley.

Stevens added a fourth after a fine one-two with substitute Ryan Edmondson before defender Robbie Gotts rounded off the afternoon with a curling effort from outside the box.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #13 på: Juli 20, 2019, 09:20:18 »
Leeds starlet among new U23 faces

Luke Pawley   20th July 2019
Leeds United midfielder Callum Nicell played for Leicester City Under-23s in their 1-0 defeat to Hednesford Town on Friday (July 19).

The 19-year-old penned a two-year contract at Elland Road last summer and it is unclear whether Nicell has signed for Leicester or if he is on trial.

https://foxeshub.com/leeds-starlet-among-new-u23-faces/

Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #14 på: Juli 20, 2019, 15:25:51 »
Leeds starlet among new U23 faces

Luke Pawley   20th July 2019
Leeds United midfielder Callum Nicell played for Leicester City Under-23s in their 1-0 defeat to Hednesford Town on Friday (July 19).

The 19-year-old penned a two-year contract at Elland Road last summer and it is unclear whether Nicell has signed for Leicester or if he is on trial.

https://foxeshub.com/leeds-starlet-among-new-u23-faces/
Kontrakten hans utgår  i '20. Leicester har god råd nå, etter salget av Maguire. Dersom de tilbyr han kontrakt, takker han sikkert ja.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #15 på: Juli 20, 2019, 15:52:31 »
[Kontrakten hans utgår  i '20. Leicester har god råd nå, etter salget av Maguire. Dersom de tilbyr han kontrakt, takker han sikkert ja.
Nicell har hatt et godt ord på seg i akademiet. Likevel ble det minimalt med spilletid for ham på U23 i fjor.
Der er det mange om beinet og ikke plass til alle.

Hvem som til slutt vil være best som senior er anyone's guess :o
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #16 på: Juli 20, 2019, 15:56:09 »
[Kontrakten hans utgår  i '20. Leicester har god råd nå, etter salget av Maguire. Dersom de tilbyr han kontrakt, takker han sikkert ja.
Nicell har hatt et godt ord på seg i akademiet. Likevel ble det minimalt med spilletid for ham på U23 i fjor.
Der er det mange om beinet og ikke plass til alle.

Hvem som til slutt vil være best som senior er anyone's guess :o
Enda godt det er nok av unge spillere som kan ta steget opp. Det holder ikke bare å være god. Det regner jeg med at alle de unge spillerne er. Uansett hva Nicell gjør, er det bare å ønske han lykke til videre.

RoarG

« Svar #17 på: Juli 21, 2019, 12:28:50 »
Tidligere manager Paul Heckingbottom klargjør for Nicells situasjon i Leeds. Udramatisk at spilleren forlater Leeds.

https://tbrfootball.com/paul-heckingbottoms-previous-comments-suggest-callum-nicells-leeds-united-demise-is-no-surprise/

RoarG

« Svar #18 på: September 03, 2019, 15:19:09 »
Og der var også Nicell historie i klubben. Kontrakten terminert. Lykke til videre i karrieren, Callum.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/academy/25444/callum-nicell-departs-leeds-united