Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Yosuke Ideguchi  (Lest 21013 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 2 gjester leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Ny Spiller: Yosuke Ideguchi
« Svar #30 på: Januar 09, 2018, 18:43:40 »
Patience required before Leeds United fans get to see what Yosuke Ideguchi is all about

Phil Hay
Published: 14:34 Tuesday 12 December 2017
 SEE YOU SOON: Japan's Yosuke Ideguchi in action against North Korea on Saturday night. Picture: Masashi Hara/Getty Images.
SEE YOU SOON: Japan's Yosuke Ideguchi in action against North Korea on Saturday night. Picture: Masashi Hara/Getty Images.
Updated: 11:33 Tuesday 09 January 2018
GAMBA OSAKA are on the fringes of elite professional football but Yosuke Ideguchi found himself amongst Japanese royalty there. His reputation as a teenager was amplified by Gamba allowing him to mix with two of Japan’s most decorated players.

READ MORE - Analysis: Can Kemar Roofe net the main striker role at Leeds United?

Ideguchi, who will join Leeds United in a £500,000 deal next month, fashioned a role for himself in the centre of Gamba’s midfield at a time when the club could not have been stronger in that position. Yasuhito Endo, a veteran of three World Cups, is Japan’s leading appearance-maker. Yasuyuki Konno lies a handful of games short of his 100th cap. An emerging Ideguchi was given an inch and took a mile, winning the J-League’s young player of the year award in 2016. Konno, now 34, spent most of this season in a defensive role.

Ideguchi, 21, is a relatively rare commodity in Japanese football; a defensive midfielder with the skill to create and a “mean streak” as Alan Gibson, the chief editor of JSoccer Magazine, puts it. “A mean streak’s unusual in Japan and something that’s too often lacking,” Gibson said. “He’s a destroyer but someone who can also go on, create something and score goals.” Leeds were actively exploring the signing of Ideguchi when he sealed Japan’s qualification for the 2018 World Cup with an 82nd-minute goal against Australia in August.

Endo and Konno are nearing the end of their careers but Gibson said the experience of growing up with them had been crucial to Ideguchi’s development.

“He forced his way into Gamba’s midfield – they play with two defensive midfielders usually – even though the incumbent players were both Japan internationals,” Gibson said. “Playing alongside them has been good for him.

“Sadly for the J-League and for Gamba it was almost guaranteed that he’d go overseas in January. So many Japanese players play in the Bundesliga but for me he’s one of the few coming through that would enjoy the challenge of England. He’s hard enough to take what’s dished out there.”

J-League officials and Gamba clung to the idea that Ideguchi, a rising star in Japan, might resist the call of Europe for at least another six months but both know their history. Gamba lost winger Takashi Usami to the Bundesliga at a young age and 19-year-old midfielder Ritsu Doan on loan to FC Groningen earlier this year, after a handful of senior appearances in Osaka.

European football worked for Leicester City’s Shinji Okazaki, though his initial move to Mainz on a free transfer continued a trend of clubs in Japan earning little for their most valuable assets. The deal for Ideguchi, which includes add-ons, is seen as a snip in one respect but good money in another.

Ideguchi, a native of Fukuoka in southern Japan, has been a first-team player at Gamba since 2015 and a regular for the past two seasons. The club are treading water with mid-table finishes - 10th in the 2017 season, which ended two weeks ago - but his game has matured quickly.

From a defensive role he contributed four goals and seven assists this term. Japan’s national coach, the Bosnian Vahid Halilhodžić, called him into the senior squad for a debut against Oman 13 months ago and Ideguchi has been regularly involved since. International appearances are the key to him securing a future work permit in England.

There is an element of risk in Ideguchi’s forthcoming transfer, so close to next summer’s World Cup. His selection for Russia is highly likely but not guaranteed and Leeds have no expectation of Ideguchi receiving a work permit until next summer. He will move to Elland Road in the January window and immediately head abroad on loan to a European club in a country where work permits regulations are more lenient than the Football Association’s.

Leeds are yet to determine which team he will join but there are German sides with an interest in Ideguchi and Arsenal sent Takuma Asano to Stuttgart after encountering the same problem after his move from Sanfrecce Hiroshima. Toshiya Fujita, Leeds’ head of football development for Asia, has prior links with VVV-Venlo, a top-flight club in Holland.

United’s connections with Cultural Leonesa have already seen Ouasim Buoy, one of their summer recruits, move to Spain’s second division on a temporary basis this season but Ideguchi’s plans to make the World Cup in Russia might require a higher level of exposure.

Japan's Yasuyuki Konno battles with Colombia's Adrian Ramos in a Group C clash at the 2014 World Cup. Picture: AP/Thanassis Stavrakis

READ MORE - Player ratings: Who was Leeds’ leading man in win over QPR?

READ MORE - Hat-trick hero Roofe won’t demand role as first-choice striker

READ MORE - Phil Hay’s Big Match Verdict - Kemar brings roof in on sorry Rangers

Ideguchi was asked about the wisdom of leaving Japan after scoring a deflected 94th-minute winner against North Korea in an East Asian Championship fixture on Saturday. “Thinking about the future, I’d like to go sooner rather than later,” he replied. He played down the risk to his World Cup place, saying: “That’s what people would give as their opinion but it’s best if you stick to what you think yourself.”

He is one of the older heads in Halilhodžić’s East Asian Championship squad, an experimental group which omitted Okazaki, Borussia Dortmund’s Shinji Kagawa and Makoto Hasebe, the experienced Eintracht Frankfurt midfielder. Ideguchi’s suitability for the bigger stage, however, was shown in Japan’s decisive win over Australia in August, a result which condemned the Socceroos to the qualification play-offs. His selection caused some surprise but a top-corner strike eight minutes from time was a picture-book finish.

“I was determined to make sure I left a positive impression,” he said afterwards. “And of course, once the ball hit the net for my goal, I was, frankly speaking, absolutely delighted.”

That’s what people would give as their opinion but it’s best if you stick to what you think yourself.

Yosuke Ideguchi, when asked about whether moving to Europe would harm his chances of playing at Russia 2018
Gibson agreed that Ideguchi was taking a gamble by leaving for Leeds in the January window, without the guarantee of a work permit for English football.

FA rules limit permits for non-EU players to those from nations inside FIFA’s top 50. The regulations were rewritten in 2015 in an attempt to stop limitless foreign imports stifling young English footballers. Japan rank 55th at present but their involvement at the World Cup should enhance that standing. Ideguchi, for his part, is required to have played in up to 75 per cent of international fixtures in the past two years. Leeds hope and expect that the midfielder will meet the FA’s demands by the start of the 2018-19 season.

“I think two or three more years in Japan would have cemented him as a legend, a national team stalwart and even captain,” Gibson said. “Then he’d walk into almost any team in Europe and still be only 24 or so, starting to peak. He’d have had much more choice, exposure wise and work-permit wise.”

It is because of that potential that Leeds resolved at a board meeting last Friday to move on Ideguchi and tie up the transfer. There was a temptation to wait until next summer but the new Japanese season does not start until the spring and United were reluctant to see Ideguchi sit idle for the next few months.

United’s owner, Andrea Radrizzani, was in Tokyo at the time of Japan’s win over Australia in August and Victor Orta, the club’s director of football, talked soon after about the possible arrival of a “big surprise from Asia”. Ideguchi is that surprise and Leeds believe they have pulled off a coup in signing him.

It will simply require some patience before he has the chance to show why.
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #31 på: Februar 19, 2018, 11:37:18 »
CyD Leonesa English

Short report of Ideguchi. Lost in translation. The guy tries his best but he's galaxies away from the team. He started but got subbed off at half-time. He needs time and that's something we don't have at the moment.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

B_Ød

« Svar #32 på: Februar 19, 2018, 11:48:28 »
lover godt...  8)
Ups & Ups!!

kalle_92

• Gjest
« Svar #33 på: Februar 19, 2018, 12:03:08 »
lover godt...  8)
Mannen snakker ikke et ord engelsk, ei heller spansk. Han har ingen måte å kommunisere med lagkameratene, og er for første gang i en annen verdensdel. Den lille japanske ligaen, kontra forventningene til lag som vårt og en helt annen kultur. Han trenger tid. Om han blir god nok for oss, vil tiden vise. Men som et av japans største talenter må han som sagt gis litt tid.

Blank_File

« Svar #34 på: Februar 19, 2018, 12:56:22 »
Ja er jo litt greit å vite at det var rett avgjørelse å ikke satse på han i førstelaget i vinter.

B_Ød

« Svar #35 på: Februar 19, 2018, 15:08:07 »
lover godt...  8)
Mannen snakker ikke et ord engelsk, ei heller spansk. Han har ingen måte å kommunisere med lagkameratene, og er for første gang i en annen verdensdel. Den lille japanske ligaen, kontra forventningene til lag som vårt og en helt annen kultur. Han trenger tid. Om han blir god nok for oss, vil tiden vise. Men som et av japans største talenter må han som sagt gis litt tid.
men læll, tenker nå jeg.
Ups & Ups!!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #36 på: Mars 15, 2018, 10:50:29 »
Han her kommer vi vel unna når han ikke engang får plass på Leonesa og blir oversett av Japans landslag!

Phil Hay
Something of a concern for Yosuke Ideguchi - not in Japan’s squad for this month’s friendlies
twitter.com/lncdeportes/st…

>:(
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #37 på: Mars 15, 2018, 11:00:07 »
LUFCdata

Yosuke Ideguchi has played just 109 minutes of football at Cultural Leonesa since his January loan move. Now left out of Japan's latest squad. Seemed an illogical loan move in January given the fact he was granted a UK work permit by the FA. Even more embarrassing now. #LUFC

Utrolig kjøp igjen av LUFC!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Blank_File

« Svar #38 på: Mars 15, 2018, 11:13:41 »
LUFCdata

Yosuke Ideguchi has played just 109 minutes of football at Cultural Leonesa since his January loan move. Now left out of Japan's latest squad. Seemed an illogical loan move in January given the fact he was granted a UK work permit by the FA. Even more embarrassing now. #LUFC

Utrolig kjøp igjen av LUFC!
Bare helt utrolig trist...

leedslife

« Svar #39 på: Mars 15, 2018, 11:18:47 »
positive med at han ikke skal til VM er at han får en full pre-season hos oss.
Så bør de jo lære over hva som har skjedd i Spania og prøve å integrere han bedre i Leeds.
Må jo være et kultursjokk av dimensjoner. Bare å kjøpe inn nudler og Fried chicken til Juni!

B_Ød

« Svar #40 på: Mars 15, 2018, 11:26:37 »
ser ut som om min noe "lunkne holdning" var helt uberettiget da  ;)
Ups & Ups!!

raggen

« Svar #41 på: Mars 15, 2018, 13:33:30 »
hva er det som har skjedd med dette samarbeidet med denne spanske klubben..de vi sender der er jo ikke gode nok til og spille fotball der ei gang eller hva er det som skjer?
Forever Leeds United!!!!!!!!

leedslife

« Svar #42 på: Mars 15, 2018, 15:06:33 »
han har slitt med å takle overgangen til et nytt land, ny kultur, nytt språk osv osv. I tillegg kjemper de med nebb og klør om å ikke rykke ned så er vel vært vanskelig for de å ekprimentere med yosuke.
Kunne jo kanskje sånn sett vært like greit å fått han tilbake til Leeds, men spørs hva muligheten er iht kontrakten

rd1

« Svar #43 på: Mars 15, 2018, 16:40:50 »
Er vel bare nok et mastermind Orta kjøp! Mektig imponert over at det går ann å trylle frem røverkjøp etter røverkjøp..
"Who needs Cantona??"

Sydhagen

« Svar #44 på: Mars 15, 2018, 16:53:17 »
Er egentlig mest imponert over at man klarer å avskrive en ung asiat som sikkert nok aldri har satt sine ben i Europa før.
Kulturkrasjen kan vel knapt nok bli større for en ung herremann.

Kan jo ikke være uten grunn at han er høyt verdsatt i Japansk liga og spiller på landslaget, vanligvis.
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

stian

« Svar #45 på: Mars 15, 2018, 19:01:13 »
han har slitt med å takle overgangen til et nytt land, ny kultur, nytt språk osv osv. I tillegg kjemper de med nebb og klør om å ikke rykke ned så er vel vært vanskelig for de å ekprimentere med yosuke.
Kunne jo kanskje sånn sett vært like greit å fått han tilbake til Leeds, men spørs hva muligheten er iht kontrakten

Det er krevende å tilpasse seg nytt land, ny kultur og nytt språk. Sånn sett er det kanskje ikke optimalt å bruke seks mmd på å tilpasse seg to land, to kulturer og to språk...

Jon R

« Svar #46 på: Mars 15, 2018, 19:10:08 »
Er egentlig mest imponert over at man klarer å avskrive en ung asiat som sikkert nok aldri har satt sine ben i Europa før.

Kan jo ikke være uten grunn at han er høyt verdsatt i Japansk liga og spiller på landslaget, vanligvis.
Tror nok kritikken først og fremst går mot klubben og strategien med å låne han ut til en klubb i Spania fremfor å akklimatisere han på u-23 i Leeds. Virker jo merkelig for å si det mildt...
Jon R.

Sydhagen

« Svar #47 på: Mars 15, 2018, 19:34:18 »

Tror nok kritikken først og fremst går mot klubben og strategien med å låne han ut til en klubb i Spania fremfor å akklimatisere han på u-23 i Leeds. Virker jo merkelig for å si det mildt...

Akkurat det skal jeg være enig i.
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Promotion 2010

« Svar #48 på: April 28, 2018, 15:47:39 »
Leeds United player gives interview to Weekly Playboy magazine

Sport Witness Team28th April 2018
So, there we were, having a look in the Japanese media to see what Yosuke Ideguchi is getting up to, given he hasn’t been on a football pitch for Cultural Leonesa since February, and an interview popped up with the Leeds United owned player.

There’s nothing unusual in that, Ideguchi is a star in the country, having played for Japan’s national team, and his move to Leeds United, and then Spain, has received a lot of attention, even if it has turned into something of a disaster.

What may be more unusual is that he was speaking to 週刊プレイボーイ (Weekly Playboy). It’s not a direct part of the US edition, but along the same sort of theme.

The magazine introduces Ideguchi as having signed for Leeds and gone to Spain so he can get a work permit for England. It’s explained things aren’t going very well, and the player is ‘anxious’ ahead of the World Cup.

On not getting minutes at Cultural, the player explained: “There are a lot of players who can only speak Spanish, sometimes it feels there’s a wall of words, and then of course it’s stressful.

“However it’s important to show your level in training, and I do not feel like I’m losing out to the players in the same position, so now I just prepare to be 100% for when I’m next used.”

On why he had to leave Japanese football, Ideguchi said that when playing for the national team he’d return to domestic football country and feel it was of a low quality, and wasn’t feeling right anymore: “If you’re not challenged, you have to go abroad soon.”

Asked if the Leeds and then Cultural moves were too much risk in a World Cup year, Ideguchi said: “My goal is not just the World Cup, the most important thing is to play abroad until I retire.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #49 på: April 30, 2018, 23:10:37 »
Leeds United: European move was worth the risk, reveals Ideguchi

Joe Urquhart
Published: 15:38 Monday 30 April 2018
Leeds United loanee Yosuke Ideguchi has revealed that the chance of playing in Europe far outweighed the possibility of losing his spot in Japan's World Cup squad this summer.

Ideguchi made the permanent switch to Leeds in January from J League side Gamba Osaka but the Whites decided a loan to Spanish second division side Cultural Leonesa would be more beneficial for his development and chances of earning a spot in the Japanese squad ahead of the quadrennial tournament.

Yosuke Ideguchi.
Yosuke Ideguchi.
The 21-year-old though has found playing time hard to come by in Spain since making the move. Ideguchi was omitted from the last Japanese squad for their friendlies against Mali and Ukraine by former head coach Vahid Halilhodzic who cited his lack of game time as a key factor.

He has seen his hopes of inclusion in Russia boosted though after Japan made the shock decision to change coach just two months before the World Cup. New boss Akira Nishino has strong links to Ideguchi's former team Gamba Osaka who he managed from 2002 to 2011.

The midfielder has now admitted that even though it was always a big risk that he could miss out on featuring in Russia this summer it was one that was worth taking given the possibility of a career within the European leagues.

"My goal is not just the World Cup, the most important thing is to play abroad until I retire," Ideguchi told Japanese magazine Weekly Playboy.

Yosuke Ideguchi.

Asked why he made the decision to move in a World Cup year he replied: "I was asked this many times, but last year I fought with the world's top countries such as Brazil and Belgium, and I felt the difference between playing with adults and children.

"It was great that I thought that I could grow in the J League but when I returned, if I'm honest, play was odd, I couldn't feel like I could do my best in Japan after I had experienced that level.

"Honestly, when I first became a professional, even though I played in the J League, there were parts of me that felt good with playing in Japan for a long time, but after I came back [from international duty] I didn't feel like that.

"That's when I knew I had to go abroad."

Ideguchi appeared 30 times for Gamba Osaka scoring four goals before sealing a move to Leeds but has found himself out in the cold since joining Leonesa. The Japanese star has made just one start and four substitute appearances in his 111 minutes of action and hasn't featured at all since February.

"There are a lot of players who can only speak Spanish, there are times that I feel there is a wall of words and it is stressful," Ideguchi said of his time in Spain.

"However, it is important to show your play in training and I do not feel like I am losing out to the players in the same position, so I just have to prepare to be 100% for whenever I am next used. I plan to play without fear."

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Cherry

« Svar #50 på: Mai 01, 2018, 17:52:28 »
Var ikke i troppen sist helg.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #51 på: Mai 30, 2018, 19:04:46 »
Leeds United's Yosuke Ideguchi handed Japan chance in World Cup warm-up

Joe Urquhart
Published: 13:44 Wednesday 30 May 2018
Leeds United midfielder Yosuke Ideguchi stepped off the bench for Japan during their 2-0 World Cup warm-up defeat to Ghana on Wednesday.

The 21-year-old was handed a 14 minute cameo by new boss Akira Nishino as he replaced defender Makoto Hasebe in the 76th minute during the loss to the Black Stars in Yokohama.

Yosuke Ideguchi speaks to Japan coach Akira Nishino.
Yosuke Ideguchi speaks to Japan coach Akira Nishino.
Despite not seeing any first-team action for Cultural Leonesa since February, where he has spent the second half of the campaign on loan from Leeds United, Ideguchi was handed a lifeline after being included in the preliminary 35-man squad.

Ideguchi has made just one start and four substitute appearances in his 111 minutes of action this year for the Spanish side but remains hopeful of making the final cut for Nishino's squad which will be submitted on Thursday ahead of the tournament in Russia this summer.

Speaking in April, Ideguchi revealed that his goal was to achieve his dream of playing in Europe despite risking his World Cup place: "My goal is not just the World Cup, the most important thing is to play abroad until I retire.

"I was asked this [about why he moved] many times, but last year I fought with the world's top countries such as Brazil and Belgium, and I felt the difference between playing with adults and children.

"It was great that I thought that I could grow in the J League but when I returned, if I'm honest, play was odd, I couldn't feel like I could do my best in Japan after I had experienced that level.

"Honestly, when I first became a professional, even though I played in the J League, there were parts of me that felt good with playing in Japan for a long time, but after I came back [from international duty] I didn't feel like that.

"That's when I knew I had to go abroad."

Ideguchi appeared 30 times for Gamba Osaka scoring four goals before sealing a move to West Yorkshire in January.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

B_Ød

« Svar #53 på: Mai 31, 2018, 10:33:15 »
ikke for å være negativ, men denne signeringen blir rarere og rarere for meg.
Men...han kan sprekke opp, og føre oss til PL han  :D
Ups & Ups!!

Kato

« Svar #54 på: Mai 31, 2018, 10:36:09 »

Hauset opp. Hvor mange japanere har du sett i Championship?

B_Ød

« Svar #55 på: Mai 31, 2018, 11:39:52 »

Hauset opp. Hvor mange japanere har du sett i Championship?

ikke mange..men det kan ha med min noe skrantende observasjonsevne å gjøre...skjønt, tror ikke det.  ;)
Ups & Ups!!

Cherry

« Svar #56 på: Mai 31, 2018, 11:58:20 »
Da blir det ingen VM på Yosuke... :'(

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-s-yosuke-ideguchi-axed-from-japan-world-cup-squad-1-9186818

auren

Merkelig sak.
Bohem i japansk liga, vi signerer og sender han til 2.divisjon i Spania - der han ikke klarer
og komme i matchtroppen omtrent siden Februar...

Stjernenykker? Disiplin? Moral?

Promotion 2010

« Svar #57 på: Juli 01, 2018, 17:25:32 »
JSoccer magazine

IdeguChi, by the way....  I (as Igloo) de (as DEad) gu (as gOOd) chi (as in chin). All short syllables - guide for commentators there :-)
Yosuke is ... Yo (as  "Yo, what's up?!) suke pronounced as you would second syllable in basket - a very short ske not sooki or sookay, etc.

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #58 på: Juli 01, 2018, 20:22:37 »
JSoccer magazine

IdeguChi, by the way....  I (as Igloo) de (as DEad) gu (as gOOd) chi (as in chin). All short syllables - guide for commentators there :-)
Yosuke is ... Yo (as  "Yo, what's up?!) suke pronounced as you would second syllable in basket - a very short ske not sooki or sookay, etc.

Que?
Super Leeds since 1968

Gufrias

« Svar #59 på: Juli 02, 2018, 07:49:27 »
JSoccer magazine

Que?
Bare en veiledning om hvordan navnet hans uttales, ser det ut som. Så ingen kaller ham Aidigøchi
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974