Skrevet av Emne: Ex-spiller: Bryce Hosannah  (Lest 4237 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Ex-spiller: Bryce Hosannah
« på: Februar 20, 2018, 17:10:30 »
Bryce Hosannah scouting report: red card tarnishes bright display for Leeds United's future star - Leeds Live

We saw everything you would expect from a young footballer in Bryce Hosannah during the under-23s clash between Leeds United and Sheffield United on Monday.

The precocious talent lined up on the right-side of a four-man midfield under Carlos Corberan at Bracken Moor, the home of non-league Stocksbridge Park Steels.

Effectively playing as a wing-back, Hosannah was expected to fulfil attacking and defensive duties in the Premier League Professional Development League encounter.

There is plenty to be excited about when it comes to the former Crystal Palace youth. He demonstrated all the attributes of a modern day full-back.

Hosannah had the pace, drive and engine of a full-back capable of getting up and down his side of the pitch for the full 90 minutes.

In this day and age, managers and coaches are expecting their full-backs to play like wingers in attack, creating the overlap and spreading the play from touchline to touchline.

Up until the moment he was sent off we saw that from the under-23s’ number two.

It was Hosannah who broke through the Blades’ defence to eventually deliver the cross Sam Dalby would guide home to put the Whites ahead.

The teenager had pressed all the way up the field to engage his opposite number, the hosts’ left-back Rhys Norrington-Davies.

If Hosannah had lost the ball in that engagement, down the right channel in the opposition’s half, they could have broken at speed and made him pay for being out of position.

However, Hosannah won that battle and in doing so released himself into clear space. He swiftly shifted through the gears and left the defenders for dead.

He was so quick he was almost dawdling when he reached the by-line, waiting for everyone else to catch up for the imminent cross.

The pace and the composure to deliver the inch-perfect ball for Dalby was impressive.

Throughout that first period he attempted to get forward and get beyond his marker, but, in truth, the hosts were a good side and Hosannah spent large periods defending, tucking in to make a five-man defence.

The story continued in the second half, but in one of his few forays forward he came a cropper.

After a yellow card for a foul in the first half, the youngster knew he was walking a tightrope and yet still theatrically threw himself to the floor, looking for a penalty.

Oriol Rey received the ball from the right-back just inside the Blades’ half, controlled and then threaded a through-ball between centre-back and left-back for Hosannah to chase.

Bobby Adekanye and Bryce Hosannah in action during the FA Youth Cup third round game at Prenton Park on December 17, 2016(Image: Nick Taylor/Liverpool FC/Liverpool FC via Getty Images)
Hosannah got there first, of course he did, but he was too wide for any attempt on goal, in fact the ball was almost certainly running out of play.

Therefore, he felt the best course of action was to dangle a left leg and anticipate the contact, which never came, from goalkeeper Hugo Warhurst.

Referee Ricky Wootton immediately blew and pulled the yellow card out of his pocket as the penny dropped for Hosannah and Warhurst gave him an annoyed shove.

It is all a part of the learning curve. The whole point of playing under-23 football is Hosannah makes mistakes like these here and not in front of 30,000 at Elland Road.

Coberan thought it was neither a penalty nor a yellow card, but it was a dive and the right decision for me, watching it through once, live.

Hosannah is one to watch for Leeds fans.

« Siste redigering: September 01, 2021, 12:55:19 av Hallgeir * »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

RoarG

Sv: Ung spiller: Bryce Hosannah
« Svar #1 på: Februar 20, 2018, 17:32:15 »
 :). Kommer nok snart innpå for oss.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

auren

« Svar #2 på: Mai 04, 2018, 18:04:59 »
Signerte i dag en 2-årskontrakt med klubben:

Young full back commits future to club.
Leeds United are pleased to announce right back Bryce Hosannah has penned a new contract with the club.

Hosannah has signed a two year deal to remain with the Whites, running until the summer of 2020.

The 19-year-old defender joined the club last August, from Premier League side Crystal Palace.

He has been a regular for Carlos Corberan’s Under-23s this season, making 24 appearances and scoring two goals.

A number of the Under-23s have broken into the first team this term, including Bailey Peacock-Farrell, Paudie O’Connor and Tom Pearce, with Hosannah now looking to follow in their footsteps.

Speaking exclusively to www.leedsunited.com Hosannah said: “I’m just really happy to be part of this club and I’ve really enjoyed my first season here, so I’m delighted to be staying for another couple of years.

“It has been a really positive season, I have really improved as a player and now I am really looking forward to pushing on.

“Leeds is a massive club and has a reputation for bringing through young players to the first team, like you’ve seen this season with how many players have done this and hopefully I can be one of the next few to come through.”

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/academy-news/23332/bryce-hosannah-signs-new-contract

auren

"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

RoarG

« Svar #3 på: Mai 04, 2018, 18:06:55 »
Bra. Debuterer forhåpentligvis i løpet av neste sesong?
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #4 på: Oktober 06, 2018, 09:31:00 »
Bryce Hosannah, etter tapet for Soton i U23 cupen

Undeserved result tonight, but good to be back on the grass & get my first minutes after a long time out #lufc

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

RoarG

« Svar #5 på: Oktober 06, 2018, 10:16:03 »

Undeserved result tonight, but good to be back on the grass & get my first minutes after a long time out #lufc

Bra at han er tilbake.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #6 på: November 12, 2018, 07:00:48 »

Hosannah har vært tilbake på gresset i over en måned, men får lite spilletid!

:-\
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #7 på: November 27, 2018, 16:47:22 »
Knee ligament injury.....

Altså UTE igjen!   :-\
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #8 på: Juli 17, 2019, 21:43:29 »
Mye har skjedd med denne karen siden forrige post.

Spilte mot Man u i dag. :)

Kommentatorene som sa noe sånt som 'some name to have'.

Og så ser jeg at vi har fått Peter Janssons arvtaker på twitter i Bryce's bror Roger. :D
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

stian

« Svar #9 på: Juli 18, 2019, 01:09:44 »

Og så ser jeg at vi har fått Peter Janssons arvtaker på twitter i Bryce's bror Roger. :D

Another Roger??

Bjorn

« Svar #10 på: Juli 18, 2019, 07:12:38 »

Another Roger??

Hmm.. Tranmere fan altså..  :D
Marching On! 4276

stian

« Svar #11 på: Juli 18, 2019, 09:48:52 »

Another Roger??

Hmm.. Tranmere fan altså..  :D

8)

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #12 på: Desember 04, 2019, 15:04:57 »
Glimrende om Bryce Hosannah!

Vi har sett ham på U23 - der han langer fremover fra høyrebacken. Ikke den beste nærteknikken men han avanserer og har lange gode klyv...

Player Profile: All you need to know about Bryce Hosannah!

FocusOnLeeds  22 hours ago

There has been plenty of speculation about Bryce, his background and how seemingly from nowhere, he ended up at Leeds United. His journey is evidence that young players develop in different ways and not always at the same pace. Something that not all academies recognise. Additionally, his arrival in the north is a result of the extensive network that the club’s sporting director, Victor Orta, possesses.

Who is Bryce Hosannah?

Bryce is a product of the Afewee Urban Football Club, that has recently received much well-earned publicity. The club is referenced frequently in Michael Calvin’s highly acclaimed book No Hunger in Paradise and the BT Sport documentary of the same name. Founder, Steadman Scott has a philosophy that teaches young players from the minute they start playing to treasure the football. He encourages dynamic attacking play from all over the pitch, which is clearly evident in the way Bryce plays. He is the latest right full back off the Afewee Urban ranks, following in the footsteps of Nathaniel Clyne and Mandela Egbo.

He was educated at private school and first came to prominence playing for Chelsea coach Fiona Armfield’s Croydon district team, that would ultimately reach the national schools finals. This lead to him being scouted by Chelsea, Fulham and Crystal Palace. He and his family opted for him to join the latter as it was both close to home and most importantly his secondary school, Trinity School, part of the renowned Whitgift group of schools, producer of many top sporting talents. Bryce had by then received both sports and academic scholarships, following outstanding 11 plus entrance exams results and his excellence in both football and athletics. Bryce was a highly rated schoolboy 400 metre runner, giving him the ability to work the line and make lung busting runs on the football field.

Bryce’s time at Crystal Palace coincided with his time at Trinity School, where he was a participant in rugby, cricket and athletics, in addition to various school and representative football teams. He also received weekly enhanced private coaching from Anthony Gale, the son of ex-West Ham star Tony Gale, throughout this period. As documented in No Hunger in Paradise, at the age of sixteen, Bryce received 5 A* and 4As in his GCSEs and left Trinity School to pursue a career in professional football. Due to a perceived lack of physical stature, Bryce lacked game time at the outset of his scholar period. However, he received his opportunity to start in October of that season and following outstanding performances in the FA Youth Cup, made the right back position his own by mid-season. At the beginning of his second scholar season, Bryce had still not received a first professional contract offer, despite being at the club for 6 years. He felt his future was elsewhere and this would ultimately lead to his arrival at Leeds Utd. He enlisted the services of the same management company that look after Tottenham Hotspur’s Victor Wanyama and Chelsea’s US star player, Christian Pulisic among its clients.

After securing his release from Crystal Palace, the plan was to find a club that encouraged a free flowing style of football, which would bring out the best in Bryce. Europe was felt to be the best fit, but contact was also made with Victor Orta, who was then at Middlesbrough FC. An untimely injury meant that Bryce entered the 2017 pre-season still unsigned, but with strong interest being shown in him by F.C. Twente in Holland. After performing well during a short trial period, this appeared to be his likely destination. However, dialogue was had between Bryce’s representative and Orta, who by now had arrived at Leeds. Bryce came on trial and strong performances against Tadcaster Utd and Scarborough in pre-season friendlies led to him securing an initial 2 year contract agreement.

Style of play

Bryce Hosannah is an attacking full back that likes to get up and down the pitch using his pace. He is however, comfortable playing at centre back. Below are his two main positions and his tactical role in them.

What are his key attributes?

Bryce Hosannah has pace to burn and there aren’t many around that can stop him once he gets going. This however isn’t to say that he has just pace and no footballing ability, because that isn’t the case. In his main position, pace is a key attribute to have as it allows him to support the attack but also be able to get back and defend. His dribbling ability for a full back is good which helps him in attacking areas but also when bring the ball out from defence. He is very much a modern day full back that suits the way both Bielsa and Corberan like to set up their teams.

What are his areas for improvement?

Bryce often finds himself in advance positions due to his good running power but at times lacks the final ball. Over the past two seasons he has managed to pick up assists but could have much more if he was more consistent. With game time and more time on the training pitch practicing such situations, I know he has the attitude to improve this area of his game. His defensive positioning will also be an area that Bryce will be looking to improve over the next couple of years. When he plays at full back, it doesn’t have as much of an impact on him as when he plays centre back as he has the pace to get back. The problem comes when he plays centre back. If he is caught out defensively, then because he is the last line of defence, his pace won’t always help him get back and stop the opposition scoring. Like I mentioned early, centre isn’t a position he plays too much and his long term future is definitely at right back or wing back.

One concern of mine is his recent injury record. Since joining Leeds he’s struggled to put a real run of games together and has a number of injures that have sidelined him for months. If he can put his injures behind and start getting a real run go games then there is no reason why he can’t make it at Leeds United. With right back being a position that we have lots of players that are capable of playing there and doing a good job, a loan move for first team experience could be a option both Bryce and the club may think about in January or the summer.

https://focusonleeds.com/2019/12/03/player-profile-all-you-need-to-know-about-bryce-hosannah/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #13 på: November 12, 2020, 10:20:58 »
Gjort sakens såpass bra på utlån at det har blitt ny Leedskontrakt.

Leeds United
@LUFC

Writing hand #LUFC are pleased to announce Bryce Hosannah has signed a new contract until the summer of 2022

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/27312/bryce-hosannah-signs-new-deal
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #14 på: September 01, 2021, 12:17:43 »
Her går det unna. Fra ny kontrakt til salg. Også Hosannah er nå en ex-Leeds spiller. Wrexham er neste stoppested for Bryce. Overgangen er permanent. Det er bare å ønske Bryce lykke til videre i Wales :).

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/28644/bryce-hosannah-joins-wrexham-in-permanent-move