Skrevet av Emne: EX-Spiller: Noel Hunt  (Lest 61768 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

sportcarl1

Sv: EX-Spiller: Noel Hunt
« Svar #210 på: Januar 08, 2015, 00:45:35 »
en riktig floppvärvning av bmd, men blir lätt så när värvningarna inte får kosta några pengar,

Flottdet

« Svar #211 på: Januar 08, 2015, 09:11:17 »
Han har vært både uheldig og udyktig i Leeds. Men mannen er vel 32-33 år så det er bare og få han vekk.

Gufrias

« Svar #212 på: Januar 14, 2015, 08:41:18 »
Sitat fra: Teamtalk 8. januar 2015
Ipswich have signed Noel Hunt on a free transfer after being released by Leeds earlier in the week.
Hekta på Leeds siden 1974

Promotion 2010

« Svar #213 på: August 02, 2015, 13:03:29 »
En balansegang om vi skal trekke frem gamle spillertråder eller legge info i EX-player tråden, men her avslutter vel Hunt karrieren:

LUFC Former striker completes shrimpers deal

Former Leeds United striker Noel Hunt has completed his move to Southend United.

Hunt, who was released by Leeds in January after a goalless eighteen-months at Elland Road, joined Ipswich Town for the remainder of the season before being released by the Suffolk club at the end of last season.

The former Republic of Ireland international has signed for the League One newcomers on a one-year deal with the option of a second and Shrimpers boss Phil Brown describes the deal as the biggest signing he has made in his two-years at Roots Hall.

Read more: http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=407482#ixzz3hedSjciv
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Cherry

« Svar #214 på: August 04, 2016, 19:02:38 »
Nå signet av Portsmouth  :)
Lukta ikke akkurat mål av ham i drakta vår, ble vel smultring Ila endel kamper... :o

Er nok riktig nivå for Noel dette her.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #215 på: September 05, 2018, 11:09:19 »
Noel Hunt on his Leeds United nightmare, being started on in restaurants and still getting abuse now - Leeds Live

Bottles of Coke were thrown in the street then and abuse continues to be thrown now, according to Noel Hunt on his relationship with Leeds United.

Now 35 and playing in his native Republic of Ireland again, Hunt has opened up in a lengthy feature with Irish website The 42 on his career.

Hunt endured a goalless, unsuccessful period with the Whites between the summer of 2013 and early 2015.

The former Reading striker reveals how difficult he found his time in West Yorkshire, firstly because of injuries, but later because of then owner Massimo Cellino’s actions.

The Italian businessman publicly criticised Hunt’s performance, or lack thereof, and also claimed the Irish striker was earning £25,000 per week. A figure refuted by Hunt.

Massimo Cellino, then owner of Leeds United, looks on during the FA Cup Fourth Round match between Bolton Wanderers and Leeds United at Macron Stadium on January 30, 2016(Image: Matthew Lewis/Getty Images)
In the summer of 2013 Hunt’s contract with Reading had ended and he joined up with former boss Brian McDermott at Elland Road.

Hunt played fairly consistently, without scoring, until October 2013, when injury struck and he was out until early 2014, during which time Cellino's name came to the fore.

“During that time, the new owner came in, and all hell broke,” he said. “It became a bit of a farce, he used me as a scapegoat.

“That was what it was. I’ve nearly really spoken about it, but as far as the club goes, the players that were there, the boys that are still there and the people that are still there — lovely people.

“They deserve the best, because they work hard. People who have been there for years and years and have gone through everything.”

In light of his poor form, injuries and the comments made by Cellino, Hunt noticed a deterioration in the way he was treated around the city and felt for his wife.

Inigo Calderon in action with Noel Hunt during the Championship match between Leeds United and Brighton & Hove Albion at Elland Road on August 03, 2013(Image: Michael Regan/Getty Images)
“I feel sorry for her, because my wife went through it, she’s the best in the world,” he said.

“No one knows what she went through when I done my back at Leeds.

“It was very hard for her, when you’re walking down Leeds high street and there are people throwing bottles of Coke and stuff in your direction, when you’re just walking with your wife, trying to go for something to eat.

“When you go into restaurants on a Sunday afternoon and people try to start on you, because they consider what they heard from the chairman to be true.

“I was not bitter towards Leeds as a football club. I understand as a fan what it’s like. Every club I’ve played for, I’ve been a fan of, I’ve wanted to win desperately.

“I still get frustrated and it does overboil. It’s part and parcel of the game, but when [erroneous claims] are made about you through the radio from a chairman because he mixed you up with a different player, it’s just not right, and he never really rectified it either.

“Ultimately, it didn’t help on the field, and I think I got the brunt of it. It was just tough to take at the time and I’d never really had that before.”

He added: “I still get abuse now off Leeds fans. And they’re the only fans [who abuse me]. Wherever else I’ve been, I’ve done okay, I’ve left it all out there.

Stephen Dawson tackles Noel Hunt during the Championship match between Barnsley and Leeds United at Oakwell on April 19, 2014(Image: Tony Marshall/Getty Images)
“I’m not saying I didn’t leave it all out there [at Leeds]. It just didn’t happen for me. The harder I tried, the worse I was.

“That happens with players. That’s just football. I understand that.

“I still get [abuse], but now it doesn’t bother me, it really doesn’t. It’s just small-minded people who want you to bite.

“I just laugh at most of them, to be fair, but 95 per cent of the Leeds fans were beside us all the way.

“They could see that I was trying, and trying to do the right thing. It was just a small minority, but Leeds is a big club.

“Ten per cent of that club wouldn’t be like 10 per cent of another club, but you’ve got to go with it.”

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Jon R

« Svar #216 på: September 05, 2018, 19:40:12 »
Trist lesning. Et gufs fra fortiden og en påminnelse om Cellinos negative innflytelse på klubbens omdømme og mennesker i klubben.  :-[

I sterk kontrast til Bielsas respektfulle tilnærming til spillere, staff og supportere btw...
Jon R.

Eriksen55

« Svar #217 på: September 06, 2018, 00:17:10 »
Trist lesning. Et gufs fra fortiden og en påminnelse om Cellinos negative innflytelse på klubbens omdømme og mennesker i klubben.  :-[

I sterk kontrast til Bielsas respektfulle tilnærming til spillere, staff og supportere btw...

Og en liten tankevekker til fans. Vi har hentet flere gode spillere som ikke har slått til i Leeds. Når man leser sånn så er det ikke rart at prestasjonene er dårlige. Ã… pipe, slakte og hetse er sjelden en god løsning. Ikke lenge siden 19 år gamle Grot fortalte sin historie.

Xern

« Svar #218 på: September 06, 2018, 09:56:00 »

Og en liten tankevekker til fans. Vi har hentet flere gode spillere som ikke har slått til i Leeds. Når man leser sånn så er det ikke rart at prestasjonene er dårlige. Ã… pipe, slakte og hetse er sjelden en god løsning. Ikke lenge siden 19 år gamle Grot fortalte sin historie.
+1
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Josch

« Svar #219 på: September 06, 2018, 13:22:00 »

+1

“I still get abuse now off Leeds fans. And they’re the only fans [who abuse me].
De som hetser er de som er ansvarlige, selv om klubbens leder ikke bør fyre opp dette ved å henge ut spillere. Problemet eksisterer jo NÃ… og er ikke bare et gufs fra fortiden.

« Siste redigering: September 06, 2018, 13:23:35 av Josch »

ar9

« Svar #220 på: September 06, 2018, 15:18:30 »

+1

“I still get abuse now off Leeds fans. And they’re the only fans [who abuse me].
De som hetser er de som er ansvarlige, selv om klubbens leder ikke bør fyre opp dette ved å henge ut spillere. Problemet eksisterer jo NÃ… og er ikke bare et gufs fra fortiden.

Helt klart en uting og en ukultur sammen med nettrollene.

Runar

« Svar #221 på: September 06, 2018, 15:39:46 »

Det har vi nok, men han var ikke ene av de gode som ikke slo til.