Skrevet av Emne: Ex-Manager / Head coach: Marcelo Bielsa  (Lest 403392 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 3 gjester leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Manager / Head coach: Marcelo Bielsa
« Svar #990 på: Februar 22, 2019, 10:37:30 »
Marcelo Bielsa on how he intends to deal with Leeds United's promotion pressure

It was half-term in parts of Yorkshire this week and Leeds United’s Under-23s fixture had queues stretching back from the ticket office at Elland Road. Marcelo Bielsa was in the crowd; not quite incognito but wearing a hood and keeping a low profile.

Published: 22:02 Thursday 21 February 2019

He was spotted soon enough and spent time after the final whistle dealing with a similarly long line of requests for photographs, patient and willing in spite of his retiring personality.

“In football the most important element are the people who love the shirt, the club,” he said.

“They’re not asking for an autograph or a photograph of me. They’re asking for a picture with the head coach of Leeds United. I understand the feeling that links the fans with the person who represents their club so I never say no to anyone who asks.

“The most significant thing in football is the love people have for their club and the identification of many around something which allows them to gather together and express themselves. We live in an individualist society but this is something which unites people. The chance to be part of it in a privileged position is something people desire, and it’s a privilege to be here.”

The attention comes with the job, as Bielsa has found before, but so does the weight of a city and a club who are desperate for someone to grant them deliverance.

Bielsa found himself talking about God yesterday, in the context of his misfortune with injuries to his players, but he has thousands around him who crave divine power from him: a season and a story with a happy ending after constant, demoralising let-downs.

The expectancy in Leeds with 14 Championship games to play is partly ingrained and partly what Bielsa has generated himself. His squad have been a top-six team from the get-go and they are the only side in the league who can say that victory in all of their remaining fixtures would hand them the title.

There is no chance of form so consistent in a division so tense but Leeds are exiting the period where the table takes shape and entering the period where issues are decided.

Bielsa’s career would not be 30 years in the making if the pressure of the run-in failed to enthuse him. He spoke about relaxing by walking in the Yorkshire countryside last weekend, in the absence of a Saturday game, but was not craving a rest. “I never get tired,” he said. “The basis of our profession is the competition and when the consequences of the competition are final, that’s when we are most happy.

“The expectancy of the fans is legitimate and we know what the fans feel, thinking about the possibility of having the team promoted. But we have the same hopes as the fans, first of all because we desire the same thing as them. And second because we know we represent the feelings of many people and this has to boost our strength.”

Not every coach in his post, and not every player who passed through United’s dressing room, dealt well with the clamour for tangible success. No manager since Howard Wilkinson in 1990 has been able to deliver in the Championship and Bielsa is the 15th since Leeds dropped from the Premier League 15 years ago.

He was asked if he ever found expectation hard to carry. “I never feel that I need external support to increase my desire for my team to win,” Bielsa replied. The same rule applies to results, particularly in a week like this when every scoreline involving teams around Leeds served to worsen United’s league position.

“We don’t feel any obligation just because rivals have positive results. But we don’t feel we don’t have a duty to win when our direct rivals don’t win either.”

Leeds host Bolton Wanderers tomorrow with four points separating the division’s top four clubs. It is hard on the face of it to see anything other than a title race and a scuffle for automatic promotion which will rage to the very end of the season. Bielsa, though, has avoided predictions all year.

“It’s very difficult to focus on what hasn’t happened yet,” he said. “One of the things that makes football the most attractive sport in the world is that it’s possible for the team who don’t deserve to win to actually win.”

The uncertainty of a season and the unyielding demand for high performance poses the question of how coaches find enjoyment in the midst of it all. Bielsa admitted to feeling a higher level of patience in England than abroad but said football had developed in a way where success made a rod for a coach’s back: where each achievement merely generated pressure for more.

He recounted an article he read in El Pais, a daily newspaper in Spain, which discussed the same principle. “I don’t remember the author,” Bielsa said, “but the person was a thinker. He gave the example of Real Madrid.

"Out of the last five Champions Leagues they’ve won four of them. The last one was just some months ago. But even in this case when the team stops winning there’s a crisis.

"It means the person who gave them something, instead of getting gratitude they only develop the obligation of having to win constantly. Not making a link between the final results and the path you choose is the only way to survive in this profession but those who value public results reject this.

"Those who value public results, they either praise the good things or they condemn the bad things.

“These days nobody has patience and the positive things you’ve done before are forgotten immediately. People are always expecting positive things. The article gave another example, which is extraordinary.

"The maker of a TV series who just finished a season, instead of getting the gratitude of the people who watched it was being asked to make the next season. As if it was easy for Pep Guardiola to build a team like Barcelona, unforgettable, every three years.”
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #991 på: Februar 22, 2019, 17:43:47 »
Dave
Morning story. Bielsa comes to my hairdressers for his haircut. Brings old pictures with him each time of himself to show what he wants his hair like  what a man!

Dave
Even better. It was an old magazine cut out of himself from ten year ago wasn’t even a picture
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #992 på: Februar 25, 2019, 22:58:13 »
Adam Pope

On his own future Bielsa says he will discuss it at the end of the season when it’s assessed if the goals have been reached. #lufc

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Xern

« Svar #993 på: Februar 26, 2019, 13:01:14 »
Adam Pope

On his own future Bielsa says he will discuss it at the end of the season when it’s assessed if the goals have been reached. #lufc

Hvorfor er det et tema? Han har jo to-års kontrakt, og er ikke halvveis i den engang?
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Killa

« Svar #994 på: Februar 26, 2019, 13:09:19 »
Adam Pope

Hvorfor er det et tema? Han har jo to-års kontrakt, og er ikke halvveis i den engang?

Dette var vel svar fra Bielsa på spørsmål fra en journalist om han slutter dersom det ikke blir opprykk i år?
Ser det mer som at han er åpen for å ta sitt ansvar og gå DERSOM eierne i Leeds er misfornøyd med den jobben han har gjort det første året. Tror ikke vår argentinske venn har tenkt å stikke av til sommeren uansett resultat av sesongen med mindre han blir bedt om det!

kongsmo

« Svar #995 på: Februar 26, 2019, 13:13:24 »
I følge Hay og folk nært ham i Argentina har Bielsa en 12+12 mnd kontrakt, og sjansen er stor for at han drar hvis d ikke blir opprykk....

Sent fra min H8324 via Tapatalk

"SNIFFER"

Killa

« Svar #996 på: Februar 26, 2019, 13:19:49 »
I følge Hay og folk nært ham i Argentina har Bielsa en 12+12 mnd kontrakt, og sjansen er stor for at han drar hvis d ikke blir opprykk....

Har Phil Hay sagt det...?

kongsmo

« Svar #997 på: Februar 26, 2019, 13:25:10 »
Jepp på pod (inside elland road). Tror d var på den episode 51 q&a special det var de snakket om det. Hay var tydelig på han mente at det var stor sjans for at Bielsa dro hvis det ikke ble opprykk.... Hva slags info han har på det eller om det er rene spekulasjoner vet jeg ikke

"SNIFFER"

auren

« Svar #998 på: Februar 26, 2019, 13:45:50 »
Skrekkscenariet er jo at vi akkurat misser opprykk. Bielsa forsvinner, Phillips, Clarke og Roofe blir solgt og inn kommer en manager med en helt annen stil. Vips: tilbake til start og 12-18 plass.

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Annesj

« Svar #999 på: Februar 26, 2019, 13:48:51 »
Skrekkscenariet er jo at vi akkurat misser opprykk. Bielsa forsvinner, Phillips, Clarke og Roofe blir solgt og inn kommer en manager med en helt annen stil. Vips: tilbake til start og 12-18 plass.

auren

Men pr nå går det bra. Har fokuset der.
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

RoarG

« Svar #1000 på: Februar 26, 2019, 16:12:47 »

auren
Bare å finne en med samme stil, det.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Xern

« Svar #1001 på: Februar 26, 2019, 16:30:03 »

auren
Ja, det bør jo være null problem. Vi har tross alt ikke en trener som er kalt "El Loco" på grunn av hans ekstreme fotballfilosofi og tankemåte, ei heller på grunn av hans relativt eksklusive fremgangsmetode til å få spillerne til å prestere. Bare å velge og vrake  ;D
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Xern

« Svar #1002 på: Februar 26, 2019, 16:31:04 »

auren
Nå må vi roe helt ned her, nervene mine er på et altfor høyt nivå allerede! Jeg har ingen ambisjoner om å få hjerteinfarkt i en alder av 21, men jeg føler meg farlig nærme hver bidige fotballkamp. Da kan ikke du komme her å plante slike scenarioer i hodet på meg  ;D

RoarG

« Svar #1003 på: Februar 26, 2019, 16:38:33 »

auren
Ja, det bør jo være null problem. Vi har tross alt ikke en trener som er kalt "El Loco" på grunn av hans ekstreme fotballfilosofi og tankemåte, ei heller på grunn av hans relativt eksklusive fremgangsmetode til å få spillerne til å prestere. Bare å velge og vrake  ;D
Jeg så Bielsa foreslå en etterfølger et sted for litt siden. Husker ikke hvem, og husker ikke hvor. Vi finner nok en dyktig trener når Bielsa en gang slutter. Vil helst ha en spanjol/sør-amerikaner. Må får all del unngå Bruce-typen.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1004 på: Februar 26, 2019, 16:40:13 »
I mangel av noe annet så diskuterer vi nå hvem som kommer ETTER Bielsa??????????

::) :o
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Xern

« Svar #1005 på: Februar 26, 2019, 16:57:36 »
I mangel av noe annet så diskuterer vi nå hvem som kommer ETTER Bielsa??????????

Vi er jo tross alt Leedsfans. Vi diskuterer en negativ fremtid av vane  ;) :D

Bromancer

« Svar #1006 på: Februar 26, 2019, 17:55:18 »

Vi er jo tross alt Leedsfans. Vi diskuterer en negativ fremtid av vane  ;) :D

Kloke av skade  ::)

Jon R

« Svar #1007 på: Februar 26, 2019, 18:49:10 »

auren
Bielsa er her for å hjelpe Radrizzani og Orta med å bygge KLUBB.  De aldersbestemte lagene forsøker nå å spille Bielsaball, akkurat som u-23 rekruttene. «Hemmeligheten» ligger i detaljene som Bielsa raust deler med hele organisasjonen og alle som er interessert i å lære. Selv om Bielsa går etter denne sesongen har han satt sitt stempel på hvordan vi skal drive det sportslige og spille ball i åra som kommer, kanskje langt inn i historiebøkene.
Jon R.

leedslife

« Svar #1008 på: Februar 26, 2019, 21:45:54 »

auren
Bielsa er her for å hjelpe Radrizzani og Orta med å bygge KLUBB.  De aldersbestemte lagene forsøker nå å spille Bielsaball, akkurat som u-23 rekruttene. «Hemmeligheten» ligger i detaljene som Bielsa raust deler med hele organisasjonen og alle som er interessert i å lære. Selv om Bielsa går etter denne sesongen har han satt sitt stempel på hvordan vi skal drive det sportslige og spille ball i åra som kommer, kanskje langt inn i historiebøkene.

1+

Hvor er Like knappen!

Jon R

« Svar #1009 på: Februar 28, 2019, 11:04:14 »

auren
BBC følger opp samme tema. Bielsa har endret kulturen og satt varige spor.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47380612
Jon R.

Andersen

« Svar #1010 på: Mars 01, 2019, 23:06:14 »
Bielsa hadde troen med samme laget som tapte mot QPR . WBA fikk svi i kveld ! Sier litt om Bielsa som trener og gutta som spilte med selvtillit .

auren

« Svar #1011 på: Mars 01, 2019, 23:33:16 »
Dette sier litt om den ydmyke og respektfulle Bielsa:

@PhilHayYEP
Bielsa on whether it was a complete performance: "I don’t want to make excessive comments. When you win a game by a big difference it's better to be moderate in your analysis. The rival also deserves that you're moderate in the analysis." #lufc

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Lucas the Kop Cat

« Svar #1012 på: Mars 01, 2019, 23:33:29 »
"When you win a game by a big difference it is convenient to be moderate in the analysis and the rival also deserves we be moderate in the analysis."

Beskyldningene etter spygate mot Bielsa fra en skokk misunnelige klubber, blir merkelige sett i lys av Bielsas fintfølende kommentarer etter kampen i dag. Han vil ikke helle salt i såret til WBA med å hovere.

Sent fra min ONEPLUS A6003 via Tapatalk

Torpe-do

« Svar #1013 på: Mars 02, 2019, 00:52:31 »
I mine auger er han, uavhengig av korleis sesongen endar, allereie ei legende. Eg trur som BBC skreiv, at han
har allereie gjort kraftig nok inntrykk (på så kort tid) til å ha endra kulturen i klubben for lang tid. Her må ein sjå i lyset av kva som har føregått i åra før han kom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1014 på: Mars 05, 2019, 09:55:41 »
Argentina 1977.

Fòr et bilde! :)
Lite ante vi hvor LEEDS dette bildet skulle bli, en gang i fremtiden!

https://twitter.com/Newells_en/status/1102522240250335232

To kommende landslagstrenere i aksjon - det ville nok gitt høye odds i 1977...

A historic photo.

Marcelo Bielsa's debut for Newell's Old Boys. Here he is pictured chasing down River Plate's Alejandro Sabella.

Sabella was better known as "Alex" at Leeds United where he later played. Leeds are now of course coached by his opponent here, Bielsa.

« Siste redigering: Mars 05, 2019, 19:55:03 av Promotion 2010 »
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1015 på: Mars 07, 2019, 22:59:37 »
Ian Giddings

What a man @LUFC have as a manager. Marcelo Bielsa comes into my shop on a daily basis and today after a little chat with him he just randomly pulled this little beauty out of his bag and gave it to me..#ALAW #lufc #mot #leedslegend

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1016 på: Mars 08, 2019, 20:55:39 »
'To be loved is more important than winning.' Why respect at Leeds United matters more to Marcelo Bielsa than success

Phil Hay
Published: 07:27 Friday 08 March 2019
 Marcelo Bielsa greets crowds at Elland Road before Leeds United's win over Bolton Wanderers.
Marcelo Bielsa greets crowds at Elland Road before Leeds United's win over Bolton Wanderers.
“It’s always football,” Pontus Jansson said, which might be as good a way as any of explaining Marcelo Bielsa’s life. Football is what fascinates Bielsa and football is what harnesses a compulsive personality. When he talks to his players at Leeds United, he talks about nothing else.

Jansson, United’s Sweden international, is more used to a touchy-feely approach - to managers who connect on a personal or more varied level - and his recent description of the relationship between Bielsa and his squad made it sound like business. “It’s not that close,” Jansson said. “It’s always football with Marcelo. It’s all he lives for.”

Bielsa recognises that description, of a coach who keeps his dressing room at arm’s length emotionally. He spoke yesterday about the value of “human relationships” - of worry more about respect than medals or trophies, the tangible measures of sporting success - but he has pushed Leeds to the verge of promotion without letting his players see behind the mask; laying bare his footballing philosophy without revealing himself.

In that respect he had the advantage of having no prior history with anyone at Elland Road - Paul Warne used to threaten former teammates at Rotherham with a fine if they called him ‘Warney’ after his promotion to the dug-out - and Bielsa admitted his approach was a deliberate ploy to avoid any blurring of the way in which he and his players appreciate each other. Leeds’ results and league position reflect his authority, the extent to which people at the club have followed his lead without arguing, and his interaction has kept Thorp Arch free of cliques or favouritism.

“I love my players,” Bielsa said. “If I didn’t love the players it would be difficult for me to do my job well but the closer someone is to you, the better he gets to know you and sometimes it’s better if we don’t see each other too clearly.

“If the players were closer to me they would respect me less because they’d see how I really am. That doesn’t mean I’m putting on any of my behaviour but it’s better for them to see me from a certain distance.

“My goal is to maintain the relationship between 20 players who are looking for the same thing and in professional football, behaviour is very important. Sometimes when you criticise a player you get better results from him than when you praise him. The work of managing people is an art.”

The altruistic side of Bielsa’s character in an undeniably lucrative job - his deference to the supporters and his reluctance to take much personal credit for anything - begs the question of what motivates him and what it would mean to him if Leeds were promoted from the Championship this season, his first as head coach at Elland Road.

The club are close; as close as they have been in more than a decade after running riot against West Bromwich Albion last Friday in the manner of a team who have no intention of letting a top-two finish go. Bielsa’s last honour in domestic football came more than 20 years ago, at home in Argentina, but the fact that his CV is light on trophies has never bothered him as much as it does other people.

What, then, gives him job satisfaction? “Human relationships,” he said. “If human relationships are satisfactory, which means to love and be loved, to respect and being respected, then it is more important than winning and success.

“When you work with groups of players who are successful, afterwards you talk mainly about the human part of it. We don’t remember the games. We remember the behaviour, the anecdotes. We remember those we learned to admire and others we didn’t admire so much.

“Of course I would be proud (if Leeds were promoted). It’s not an easy goal to reach. But when you evaluate your goals, you evaluate them according to the impact they have on people. As football became an industry, it became worse. The only thing that hasn’t become worse are the people who love their club. We don’t praise the fans enough.

“We do this job for many reasons and the most important thing is the happiness we can bring to those who find it hard to find happiness outside football. You have spectators who go to a stadium to watch a game as they would a theatre show. It’s a good thing and we’re lucky we have people like that. But I’m more moved by the ones who suffer with the team.”

They have suffered with the team in Leeds for longer than they can remember, which might be somewhere near the root of Bielsa’s decision to take a missive from 7,000 miles away last summer. He is too wealthy to need the salary - earlier this year he donated a seven-figure sum to the construction of a new training facility for Newell’s Old Boys - and he had other suitors following him. As Jansson said, it comes down to football and the spirit of football, something which Bielsa will attempt to fuel again away at Bristol City tomorrow.

Leeds were unequivocal about their intentions when they hired Bielsa: the appointment was about winning promotion. Bielsa saw his job slightly differently. “I came to be part of a project that has goals and we know the goals of the team, the city, the fans and the players,” he said. “But I can’t say I’m only interest in winning. I’m interested in winning because winning is the main thing but I’m also interested in the way we build victories.” Leeds are building towards their biggest in 15 years.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Leedsfan

« Svar #1017 på: Mars 12, 2019, 09:32:47 »
Den dagen denne karen reiser videre så er det bare å ta frem lommetørklet. Kommer til å etterlate seg et stort vakum og kjenner jeg blir rørt bare av å tenke på det.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-s-players-could-ve-played-for-marseille-or-athletic-bilbao-claims-marcelo-bielsa-1-9643960

"Asked if he believed many of United’s players could make the jump, Bielsa said: “I haven’t analysed the Premier League so I’m not ready to make this kind of comparison now. “But I can tell you that any player who plays for Leeds now could play without any problem in the two European teams I trained for some time, Marseille and Bilbao. I can make this comparison because I know both teams. “As I haven’t analysed the Premier League I can’t give you a certain answer.”
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1018 på: Mars 12, 2019, 09:41:33 »
Den dagen denne karen reiser videre så er det bare å ta frem lommetørklet. Kommer til å etterlate seg et stort vakum og kjenner jeg blir rørt bare av å tenke på det.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-s-players-could-ve-played-for-marseille-or-athletic-bilbao-claims-marcelo-bielsa-1-9643960

"Asked if he believed many of United’s players could make the jump, Bielsa said: “I haven’t analysed the Premier League so I’m not ready to make this kind of comparison now. “But I can tell you that any player who plays for Leeds now could play without any problem in the two European teams I trained for some time, Marseille and Bilbao. I can make this comparison because I know both teams. “As I haven’t analysed the Premier League I can’t give you a certain answer.”

Snakk om motivator foran innspurten i Championship 2018-19!!!!   8)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

baste

« Svar #1019 på: Mars 12, 2019, 15:39:58 »
Fanatstisk trener vi har i Bielsa, han er god til å sette ord på ting. Stiller seg 100% bak gutta, tar selv støyten når jouralister prøver å ta enkeltspillere på laget.

Håpa vi beholder Bielsa i mange sesonger. Hva WBA og styret der holder på med, minner litt om vår tidligere eier, vår gale Italiener  ::) Og dit vil vi ikke igjen.

In Bielse we trust  :)