Skrevet av Emne: Ex-Manager / Head coach: Marcelo Bielsa  (Lest 400435 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 4 gjester leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Manager / Head coach: Marcelo Bielsa
« Svar #1350 på: Juli 12, 2019, 12:48:54 »
Den sta Bielsa protesterer nok på sin egen måte: :)

there will be a fair few staying behind for fitness work etc (Phil Hay)
(på spørsmålet:
any truth in the report MB will make the players who arrived to pre-season late due to international duty and new signings stay in UK to work on fitness rather than the Aus tour? )
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Annesj

« Svar #1351 på: Juli 12, 2019, 13:40:37 »
Den sta Bielsa protesterer nok på sin egen måte: :)

there will be a fair few staying behind for fitness work etc (Phil Hay)
(på spørsmålet:
any truth in the report MB will make the players who arrived to pre-season late due to international duty and new signings stay in UK to work on fitness rather than the Aus tour? )

Ikke bare en del a planen hans asså?  ::)
Marching on together
We're gonna see you win (na, na, na, na, na, na)
We are so proud
We shout it out loud
We love you Leeds - Leeds - Leeds

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Hallgeir *

Super Leeds since 1968

Torpe-do

« Svar #1354 på: Juli 12, 2019, 21:43:13 »
Berre vent og sjå! Snart vert han nevnt i samme åndedrag som Revie og Wilko!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1355 på: Juli 12, 2019, 22:05:58 »

Premier League mesterskap!  ::)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #1356 på: Juli 12, 2019, 22:10:31 »

Som ingen av de overnevnte har vunnet  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1357 på: Juli 12, 2019, 22:33:07 »

Som ingen av de overnevnte har vunnet  ;) ;) ;) ;)

First division er vel tilsvarende Premier League i mitt hode!

;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1358 på: Juli 12, 2019, 22:52:08 »
Leeds Everywhere

Gutted to lose @SalimLamraniOff, often known as the right hand man for MB. Thank you for your services to our club.  Salim ‘always welcome back’ Lamrani #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Runar

« Svar #1359 på: Juli 12, 2019, 23:41:15 »
Leeds Everywhere

Gutted to lose @SalimLamraniOff, often known as the right hand man for MB. Thank you for your services to our club.  Salim ‘always welcome back’ Lamrani #lufc

Har han sluttet? Kan ikke se at han eller klubben har informert noe om det?

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1360 på: Juli 13, 2019, 00:41:16 »
Leeds Everywhere

Nei, men ser man på de par siste tweetene hans kan man begynne å lure.

Han har ikke svart på spørsmålene han har fått om han har sluttet.
Det kan jo være han har 'permisjon' igjen slik som en periode forrige sesong,,,
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Runar

« Svar #1361 på: Juli 13, 2019, 00:43:16 »
Leeds Everywhere

Ok, fint om den som legger ut meldinger fra twitter, fyller de med noe innhold. Folk som bare er inne å leser og ikke tar seg bryet med å sjekke opp. Sitter jo med et inntrykk av at han er ute.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1362 på: Juli 13, 2019, 00:47:04 »
Leeds Everywhere

Ok, fint om den som legger ut meldinger fra twitter, fyller de med noe innhold. Folk som bare er inne å leser og ikke tar seg bryet med å sjekke opp. Sitter jo med et inntrykk av at han er ute.
Postet i kveld tweeten hans om Dallas (i Dallastråden), han skre også en 'thanks for the memories' for en tid tilbake (da han og Berardi feiret et mål sammen, på sidelinjen).

Ser det er en som svarer på hans vegne om hvorfor han drar:

Family reasons, He's missing them, Fair play to him

Om det stemmer vet vi jo ikke...
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1363 på: Juli 14, 2019, 19:40:04 »
Alan Nixon

LEEDS. Great man Bielsa not a huge fan of pre season tours. Poss returning after one match to get on with work back home.

;D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1364 på: Juli 16, 2019, 13:01:00 »
Neil Shervin

Bielsa doing Bielsa things - he was watching the training session at HBF Park live via wifi on the plane over to Perth. Some man. #LUFC

:D
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1365 på: Juli 18, 2019, 11:07:54 »
Marcelo Bielsa: Leeds United continue with Argentine's methods

Getty Images Bielsa
Marcelo Bielsa was an animated figure during his side's 4-0 loss against Manchester United in Perth

It was just before 22:00 local time in Perth, Australia, almost an hour after the final whistle had gone in Leeds' 4-0 pre-season defeat by Manchester United, that coach Diego Flores made his way into the media room at the Optus Stadium.

It was confirmed Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa would not be speaking to the media. Instead, the former Argentina and Chile boss would continue his analysis of a difficult night for his team; checking the statistics, watching the video, doing his job the way he feels it has to be done.

It was disappointing not to hear from Bielsa, who agreed to stay at the club for an additional season after making such rapid progress last year.

Yet it was in keeping with how he ran Leeds' entire four-day visit to Perth, giving an insight into the 63-year-old's unconventional methods - methods fans are hoping will take them back to the Premier League in their 100th season.

Blisters and not putting the kids to bed

Bielsa demands a brutal amount from his players. When they returned for the start of pre-season at the end of last month, they were put through sessions so tough it is a wonder they were able to turn up again the following day. No-one complained. This is the Bielsa way.

"Those first two weeks are hard," said skipper Liam Cooper.

"You can have double, triple, four sessions a day. There were hard blisters on my feet. Everything just ached. Sometimes I don't even get to put my little girl to bed at 7pm. This is day after day.

"After last year, the lads' bodies were already accustomed to the work. There are a lot of timed runs. The 'murder ball' game, which is 11 v 11, is really high intensity. Our running stats go through the roof."

Anyone who did not report back on day one, such as new star recruit Helder Costa , remained in Leeds when the rump of the squad flew to Australia on Saturday - they are still in Yorkshire now.

Bielsa was with them until Monday, when he flew to Perth. Leeds staff thought nothing of it when the South American arranged for someone to film Tuesday evening's training session so he could watch it live even though he was on a plane.

"That's normal for Marcelo," said one.

'Staying true to our identity'

Such behaviour was noted last season. It seemed for so long Bielsa would guide Leeds back to the Premier League after a 15-year absence.

They missed out on automatic promotion after picking up just one point from their final four games, before that calamitous play-off semi-final defeat by Derby when Leeds led 2-0 on aggregate a minute from half-time in the second leg, only to concede four times and be eliminated.

There are no wholesale changes though. Bielsa's philosophy remains.

"Last year was our first getting used to the style of play, getting used to the high intensity and the constant pressing," said striker Patrick Bamford.

"People might think he has to change but in the second year we are more acclimatised. We should be able to do it for longer. We shouldn't change our style just because we failed at the last hurdle. You learn from it but you stay true to your identity."

Continuity is key

Leeds also believe there is value in continuity.

It is interesting that one of Bielsa's loan signings, Jack Harrison, is returning for a second spell, the Manchester City midfielder having spent last season at Elland Road. Jack Clarke is another familiar face after Tottenham paid £10m for the teenage winger and then immediately sent him back to West Yorkshire on loan.

"Continuity is our value for next season," Leeds technical director Victor Orta told BBC Sport.

"This is the reason we decided to continue with the great manager we have. We also decided to have continuity with the core of the squad that we think can be necessary for us.

"We are in a high-level performance. Each detail, each millimetre is important."

Evidently this means Bielsa watching training sessions, even though he is not actually present, or analysing pre-season games hours after they have finished.

This attention to detail borders on obsession.

Promotion expectation

At a well-attended question and answer session in Cottesloe, four and a half hours before the Manchester United game, managing director Angus Kinnear said that Leeds did not set targets last year.

However, after the transformation the team had undergone under Bielsa, now there was one - automatic promotion.

"When you are really close to something and you don't get it, you can take two roads," added Orta.

"You can think about the chance you lost, or think about the one in front of you. We have decided on the second one. When you look back, you can't advance.

"Marcelo has the same feeling we have. He believes we can achieve the goal everyone involved in Leeds wants."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/49025553?__twitter_impression=true
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1366 på: Juli 20, 2019, 19:39:02 »
Marcelos engelsk blir stadig bedre:

Bielsa held an open training session yesterday, in which Leeds Live observed Bielsa's encouragement to his players — “Good, very good, Dallas!” “Good, Bera!” — big applause from Bielsa and the players for a goal by Bamford (no word on if that's the first time he's actually hit the net this summer JUST KIDDING sorry I'm mean), and Bielsa's use of English, speaking for a while to Adam Forshaw, directing the players briefly in groups.
(Fra Leeds-Live sin bivåning av den åpne treningen, men i Moscowhite sine ord).
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1367 på: Juli 21, 2019, 10:35:13 »
Og nå er'n 64. :o

Newell's Old Boys - English
‏@Newells_en

Happy Birthday, boss

El Loco Marcelo Bielsa celebrates his 64th birthday today.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

auren

« Svar #1368 på: Juli 21, 2019, 10:56:56 »
Grattis med dagen Marcelo  :)

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #1369 på: Juli 22, 2019, 19:40:45 »
Juani Jimena
Amazing interview with Bielsa on Mexican TV more than 20 years ago. Little seen before. A must see, Enjoy it! @apopey @PhilHay_ @TheSquareBall  #Bielsa #LeedsUnited

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a-LC7rIDLQ8
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1370 på: Juli 24, 2019, 10:45:56 »
Wow.
Bielsa ble med, likevel, han. :)

Bielsa, who took the Whites to new heights last term, will also give his first sit down interview in more that 20 years as he reflects on his first season in LS11.
(YEP)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Hallgeir *

Super Leeds since 1968

Kontakinte

« Svar #1374 på: August 04, 2019, 09:28:42 »

Bjorn

« Svar #1375 på: August 05, 2019, 09:17:40 »
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-squad-bristol-city-16695737

Gi meg styrke! Han oversetteren her er jo helt krise ;D.

Ikke Salim akkurat nei. Tar vel ikke lang tid før Marcelo må legge om til engelsk og svare selv. :)
Marching On! 4276

Lucas the Kop Cat

« Svar #1376 på: August 05, 2019, 13:09:19 »
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-squad-bristol-city-16695737

Gi meg styrke! Han oversetteren her er jo helt krise ;D.

Ikke Salim akkurat nei. Tar vel ikke lang tid før Marcelo må legge om til engelsk og svare selv. :)
Eller så må vi lære spansk.

asbfjell

« Svar #1377 på: August 09, 2019, 14:15:20 »
Bielsas første sesong i Atletic Bilbao lignet nokså mye på hans første sesong hos oss. Offensiv og energifylt fotball ga gode resultater - ikke minst i Europa ligaen, der de bl.a. feide Alex Fergusons Man U av banen både hjemme og borte.
Men på tampen av sesongen ramlet de sammen og endte til slutt opp med fint lite annet enn store skuffelser – akkurat som forrige sesong i Leeds.

Hva så med Bielsas sesong nr to i Bilbao?
Preseason var preget av usikkerhet rundt klubbens eierforhold og økonomi. Og Bielsa mistet et par av sine viktigste spillere i løpet av sommeren – og erstatterne som ble hentet inn viste seg å ikke holde samme nivå.
Sesongen ble en skuffelse. Svakere resultater i La liga. Og i europa ligaen var ikke Atletic Bilbao til å kjenne igjen fra foregående sesong – de røk ut allerede etter innledende gruppespill, etter svake resultater mot til dels middelmådige motstandere.

Og etter sesongen var det over og ut for både klubbeier og Bielsa.

Nå er jo ikke Bielsas andre sesong i Leeds startet enda, så vi skal være forsiktige med å trekke sammenligningene for langt på et altfor tynt grunnlag. Men avslutningen av første sesong og innledningen på årets preseason har gitt meg en litt uggen følelse...

Da er sommervinduet stengt og det kan igjen være relevant å sammenligne med Bielsas andre sesong i Bilbao.

Også hos har to av forrige sesongs mest markante spillere forsvunnet i løpet av preseason (Jansson og Roofe). I Bilbao holdt ikke erstatterne samme nivå som de som forsvant, noe som igjen var sterkt medvirkende til at sesongen ble et antiklimaks.

Så da spørs det med White og Nketiah - holder de minst samme nivå som Jansson og Roofe? Jeg tror nesten de det, hvis denne sesongen skal bli den suksessen vi alle håper på.
Tunge byrder å legge på to par unge skuldre, men sånn må det nesten bli.

Nå skal vi selvsagt ikke glemme at vi har hentet Helder Costa, men han spiller i all hovedsak i en posisjon der vi har flere gode alternativer. Det er noe annet med midtstopper og spissalternativer - der har vi alt annet enn overflod av kvalitet.

PS: Kan legge til at Bielsas første sesong i Marseille også hadde klare likheter med Bilbao og Leeds. De ledet serien ved juletider, for så å falle av lasset mot slutten av sesongen. Og der endte hans andre sesong med at han trakk seg allerede etter første ligarunde, p.g.a konflikter med ledende folk i klubben.
Kanskje et hint til Orta & co om at de bør gå stille i dørene når de trør over Bielsas dørstokk den nærmeste tiden..?  ;)
« Siste redigering: August 09, 2019, 14:18:09 av asbfjell »

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1378 på: August 15, 2019, 17:03:41 »
Q&A med Hay:
Has Bielsa made you raise your standards as a journalist?

Hay:
I'd say so. He makes you think more and analyse more. He's interesting to write about so your levels of enthusiasm for covering him increase. From a journalistic perspective, we'll miss him when he's gone.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #1379 på: August 19, 2019, 18:16:27 »

Sophie
@SophieAlice91
My babies + poppy with the greatest man

This is equal to having the pope bless your child!!!!!!!!!

He really is the sweetest, loveliest man he was smiling away at my little girl
« Siste redigering: August 19, 2019, 18:17:58 av Asbjørn »
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan