Skrevet av Emne: Radrizzanis Leeds United  (Lest 13685 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Radrizzanis Leeds United
« på: Juli 03, 2018, 11:06:36 »
Det skjer så mye nytt og bra i klubben etter at Andrea Radrizziani har tatt over kontrollen. Tenkte dette kunne være en tråd med alt fra «Marching OUT together», den nyetablerte kontakten med lokalsamfunnet, til eierskapet av egen stadion og eget treningsfelt!

:)

« Siste redigering: Juni 21, 2019, 09:44:48 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

Sv: Radrizzianis Leeds United
« Svar #1 på: Juli 03, 2018, 11:07:35 »
Leeds United

Over 150 applications have been entered in the search for a 'Charity of the Year', with the deadline for submissions fast approaching

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/community/23483/final-applications-for-charity-of-the-year

Utdrag:

Angus Kinnear, Managing Director at Leeds United, has said: "On behalf of the Club I'd like to say a massive thank you to everyone who has submitted an application so far, it has been fantastic to see so many organisations hoping to partner up with Leeds United.

"This is going to be an exciting project to work on throughout the 2018/19 season and we look forward to meeting with those shortlisted and announcing who will be our 'Charity of the Year' shortly."

The year-long campaign will see the Club along with the Leeds United Foundation create a special relationship with the chosen charity that will enable us to help increase awareness around the charity, what the charity does and how others can get involved, whilst also having a significant impact on fundraising efforts and supporting with any integral events or projects.

Between the Club and the charity, the aim would be to create a lasting legacy for those who benefit from the charity and those in the local community through a partnership of unity and togetherness. Not only will the fundraising element be beneficial to the charity but crucially the Club will also be able to deliver in terms of awareness and engagement, and creating once-in-a-lifetime experiences.

« Siste redigering: Juli 03, 2018, 11:09:36 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #2 på: Juli 03, 2018, 17:08:42 »
Det skjer så mye nytt og bra i klubben etter at Andrea Radrizziani har tatt over kontrollen. Tenkte dette kunne være en tråd med alt fra «Marching OUT together», den nyetablerte kontakten med lokalsamfunnet, til eierskapet av egen stadion og eget treningsfelt!

:)
Tommel opp!  :)
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3 på: Juli 12, 2018, 15:50:26 »
Sherbourn High School

#TeamSherburn  many thanks to Leeds United for providing us with kits & equipment after our devastating fire- the sports ambassadors & all of us really appreciate your support!

Ikke glem hvilken plass vi er i ferd med å skape oss i lokalsamfunnet.
« Siste redigering: Juli 12, 2018, 15:52:14 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

h.b

• Gjest
« Svar #4 på: Juli 12, 2018, 15:51:15 »
Sherbourn High School

#TeamSherburn  many thanks to Leeds United for providing us with kits & equipment after our devastating fire- the sports ambassadors & all of us really appreciate your support!

Som en bakgårdsklubb ja
« Siste redigering: Juli 12, 2018, 15:52:39 av Promotion 2010 »

Bjorn

« Svar #5 på: Juli 12, 2018, 16:59:01 »
Sherbourn High School

Som en bakgårdsklubb ja

Snobbete eller HB? Man City har sikkert prosjekter som det de og.. eller alle klubber egentlig.  Hva er i veien med det liksom? 
Marching On! 4276

Bergen

« Svar #6 på: Juli 12, 2018, 17:33:30 »
Hjelpe meg ! Klare å få noe negativt ut at Leeds hjelper til med drakter og utstyr, og får takk for det, er helt utrolig.
Bakgårdsklubb...

Eriksen55

« Svar #7 på: Juli 12, 2018, 18:08:32 »
Hjelpe meg ! Klare å få noe negativt ut at Leeds hjelper til med drakter og utstyr, og får takk for det, er helt utrolig.
Bakgårdsklubb...

Sånn er det, alle forum har noen troll.

leedslife

« Svar #8 på: Juli 12, 2018, 19:09:34 »
Fokuset ligger på å gi vekk utstyr.
Fokus på overganger? Orta out

Promotion 2010

« Svar #9 på: Juli 20, 2018, 16:17:29 »
Ikke alt er positivt:

CK
Two loanees, playing matches in a training kit, no club communication on anything other than repeat invitations to buy a Brexit paving slab or spunk £15 to watch kids play York on a channel that has never worked properly. Appointing Bielsa against this backdrop is bizarre. #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #10 på: Juli 21, 2018, 02:36:17 »
Mine Thornton med litt mer positive vibber:

A Chat with Leeds United

Lots of fans have mentioned on Social Media and to me directly via Tweets and DMs that they find the Club too quiet at the moment. I had chance this evening to have a chat with someone at the Club whose word I respect and, if anyone is interested, this essay contains some of what we discussed.

I won’t name who I have spoken to as this was an informal chat and not an official Club communication. I will say that I contacted the person concerned out of the blue and I asked the questions. If anyone reading this feels they do not want to read from an unknown source please stop reading now, I fully understand that point of view.

Last Season
I asked about the accounts for last season which will not be published at Companies House until next March. I don’t think it benefits this essay for me to try and detail the specific data but I did suggest that the Club had not invested last season.

With the information in the accounts it is clear that the Club has invested and invested many 10s of millions of pounds. Compared to Cellino’s last season, Radrizzani’s first season has seen a marked increase in commercial and gate revenue of around £8m, Radrizzani himself has loaned and then moved to equity another £8m and cash funds from the sale of Wood, Taylor and Bridcutt flowed into the Club last season. All these funds have been reinvested back into the Club and spent on players and running the Club.

Where did this money go?
Lots of little places is how I could best put it.

Under Cellino the Club were losing money and Cellino used player sales’ money to cover those losses. Radirzzani has had to cover those losses again last season from the money I mentioned above. Radrizzani has also reversed some of Cellino’s cost savings, the number of staff at the Club has risen allowing the commercial revenue to increase and wages for players, staff, coaches and scouts has risen, even the smaller cost savings from Cellino, such as having no contract cleaners at Thorp Arch (which notably led to illness amongst the players), have been reversed and they all add up to a considerable sum. And that’s before we get to talking about the costs of having scouts watching players around Europe and beyond!!!

Suffice it to say, I can see how extra cash has flowed into the Club under Radrizzani and I can also see how it has stayed within the Club and been spent. Nothing untoward. No bonus for Radrizzani or Eleven Sports or anything like that, in fact the opposite – Radrizzani has had to put his own money into the Club.

Money well spent?
This is a difficult question to ask someone at the Club but, just as other people have said to me before, there was no hiding and a frank admission that money was wasted on the wrong players, players who were too young to have the financial impact the Club wanted or didn’t bring the ability as expected and needed for the Championship.

Those mistakes are being rectified by moving on players the Club feels will not bring immediate benefit so as to reduce the wage bill and perhaps bring in some fees. It was admitted that this is proving difficult with a transfer market that is not as active at the levels that will take these players (it wasn’t said but I suspect trying to move on players we deem failures will always be hard).

So that’s last season
I’ve had similar conversations with other members of the Club and this evening has confirmed a lot of what I’d been told: admission that last season’s plan failed but confirmation that the Club invested and invested a lot of money in that failure.

Frankly, from my point of view, now that I’ve had this confirmed again I’m happy to put this angle to bed.

But last season isn’t important
Yes, I did get round to asking about this summer and next season.

49ers
The 49ers money has gone into the club recently along with money still to be received from player sales – there has been no delay or hiccup with the 49ers money as some fans have suggested to me. Revenue is expected to increase again next season (if Season Tickets and matchday ticket sales do not collapse!) and all this money will go to pay for the items I mentioned earlier (the underlying losses each season, the large wage bill, the increased costs of running the Club and Thorp Arch) and the new costs, such as Bielsa and new players.

I asked if any money was left over from last season to go towards this season and the answer was no! All money available before the 49ers investment was spent and this summer and next season will be funded by the 49ers plus normal revenues including the expected revenue increases due to better commercial activity and also player sales money received in stage payments – Radrizzani will need to make up any shortfall in cash during the summer and season from his own pocket.

Vydra
Ok, so if there’s money available but it is not loads of money then the rumours about Vydra must have been false?
It seems that is not the case – the Vydra rumour was correct and the Club are willing to make an exception in his case. This was apparently an exception for Vydra alone and not a general switch for the Club to bring in half a dozen players on large wages.

Was a deal ever agreed as Phil Hay reported?
Yes, apparently a deal was done with Vydra and his agent with everything agreed before Derby finally accepted Leeds’ offer for him.
Just as Phil reported, as soon as Derby agreed the fee Leeds expected to just complete a formality and announce him at the start of this week just gone. Unfortunately his agent then asked for more money, a lot more money.

I’m told Radrizzani “doesn’t do business that way” and the deal fell apart. I’ve got to say, if Radz doesn’t do business that way I’d support him to the hilt, no self-respecting businessman does!

Ok, so that’s the Vydra story talked about, what about others?
Yes, there are other targets, players Bielsa would like to have.

Unfortunately, not all of those players are being released by their current clubs – this was something I’d not thought about before – and for some targets the price wanted by their current club is too high. I couldn’t get a reveal on who those targets are unfortunately.

So nothing is happening now?
It appears that the Club are focussed on, and have high hopes for, three players that Bielsa has targeted.

I asked for clarification and that is three players in three positions and it is all agreed with Bielsa.

I was reminded that it doesn’t mean the Club will definitely manage to swing those deals but a major effort is going into them right now.

Filler players or better?
Those three players being focussed on are all high quality, was the reply. I know such a description is subjective but without knowing their names I could ask no further.

Is Bielsa happy?
A lot of fans are worried Bielsa will walk so that was a natural question. I was assured that Bielsa has shown no sign of unhappiness or disquiet and is totally aligned with the Club.

The players being pursued are Bielsa’s chosen players (ie not players Orta has decided we should have).

How does the Club view the team this season?
I don’t think I expected an answer saying the Club thought that the team was promotion ready and I think I would have laughed if it had been said.

The best answer I got was that the Club felt the team would be “competitive this season”. As it stands now? “We have a young team and we know we need to include two or three new players” to be as competitive as we want to be.

Summary
All in all, I felt I’d had a good conversation. No excuses about other teams having parachute payments, no hiding that last season was poor, no hiding that a lot of money was spent last year for little gain.

We talked in business terms, the correct way to handle negotiations, having business principles, working hard behind the scenes, keeping cards close to the chest, ensuring that the Club doesn’t lose too much money, ensuring that any money lost could be replaced by owner investment, being cautious in predictions and not over-promising.

My contact cannot guarantee that the Club will succeed in all the plans but was able to give me comfort that the Club had a plan and was not drifting aimlessly.

Addendum
After last night’s awful stream that I paid to watch on LUTV I made sure to mention this too. I believe the message will reach the right people. Whether anything can be done about it yet is another matter but at least I got that off my chest!

Mike Thornton 20th July 2018

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Leedsfan

« Svar #11 på: Juli 21, 2018, 10:23:07 »
Mine Thornton med litt mer positive vibber:

A Chat with Leeds United

Lots of fans have mentioned on Social Media and to me directly via Tweets and DMs that they find the Club too quiet at the moment. I had chance this evening to have a chat with someone at the Club whose word I respect and, if anyone is interested, this essay contains some of what we discussed.

I won’t name who I have spoken to as this was an informal chat and not an official Club communication. I will say that I contacted the person concerned out of the blue and I asked the questions. If anyone reading this feels they do not want to read from an unknown source please stop reading now, I fully understand that point of view.

Last Season
I asked about the accounts for last season which will not be published at Companies House until next March. I don’t think it benefits this essay for me to try and detail the specific data but I did suggest that the Club had not invested last season.

With the information in the accounts it is clear that the Club has invested and invested many 10s of millions of pounds. Compared to Cellino’s last season, Radrizzani’s first season has seen a marked increase in commercial and gate revenue of around £8m, Radrizzani himself has loaned and then moved to equity another £8m and cash funds from the sale of Wood, Taylor and Bridcutt flowed into the Club last season. All these funds have been reinvested back into the Club and spent on players and running the Club.

Where did this money go?
Lots of little places is how I could best put it.

Under Cellino the Club were losing money and Cellino used player sales’ money to cover those losses. Radirzzani has had to cover those losses again last season from the money I mentioned above. Radrizzani has also reversed some of Cellino’s cost savings, the number of staff at the Club has risen allowing the commercial revenue to increase and wages for players, staff, coaches and scouts has risen, even the smaller cost savings from Cellino, such as having no contract cleaners at Thorp Arch (which notably led to illness amongst the players), have been reversed and they all add up to a considerable sum. And that’s before we get to talking about the costs of having scouts watching players around Europe and beyond!!!

Suffice it to say, I can see how extra cash has flowed into the Club under Radrizzani and I can also see how it has stayed within the Club and been spent. Nothing untoward. No bonus for Radrizzani or Eleven Sports or anything like that, in fact the opposite – Radrizzani has had to put his own money into the Club.

Money well spent?
This is a difficult question to ask someone at the Club but, just as other people have said to me before, there was no hiding and a frank admission that money was wasted on the wrong players, players who were too young to have the financial impact the Club wanted or didn’t bring the ability as expected and needed for the Championship.

Those mistakes are being rectified by moving on players the Club feels will not bring immediate benefit so as to reduce the wage bill and perhaps bring in some fees. It was admitted that this is proving difficult with a transfer market that is not as active at the levels that will take these players (it wasn’t said but I suspect trying to move on players we deem failures will always be hard).

So that’s last season
I’ve had similar conversations with other members of the Club and this evening has confirmed a lot of what I’d been told: admission that last season’s plan failed but confirmation that the Club invested and invested a lot of money in that failure.

Frankly, from my point of view, now that I’ve had this confirmed again I’m happy to put this angle to bed.

But last season isn’t important
Yes, I did get round to asking about this summer and next season.

49ers
The 49ers money has gone into the club recently along with money still to be received from player sales – there has been no delay or hiccup with the 49ers money as some fans have suggested to me. Revenue is expected to increase again next season (if Season Tickets and matchday ticket sales do not collapse!) and all this money will go to pay for the items I mentioned earlier (the underlying losses each season, the large wage bill, the increased costs of running the Club and Thorp Arch) and the new costs, such as Bielsa and new players.

I asked if any money was left over from last season to go towards this season and the answer was no! All money available before the 49ers investment was spent and this summer and next season will be funded by the 49ers plus normal revenues including the expected revenue increases due to better commercial activity and also player sales money received in stage payments – Radrizzani will need to make up any shortfall in cash during the summer and season from his own pocket.

Vydra
Ok, so if there’s money available but it is not loads of money then the rumours about Vydra must have been false?
It seems that is not the case – the Vydra rumour was correct and the Club are willing to make an exception in his case. This was apparently an exception for Vydra alone and not a general switch for the Club to bring in half a dozen players on large wages.

Was a deal ever agreed as Phil Hay reported?
Yes, apparently a deal was done with Vydra and his agent with everything agreed before Derby finally accepted Leeds’ offer for him.
Just as Phil reported, as soon as Derby agreed the fee Leeds expected to just complete a formality and announce him at the start of this week just gone. Unfortunately his agent then asked for more money, a lot more money.

I’m told Radrizzani “doesn’t do business that way” and the deal fell apart. I’ve got to say, if Radz doesn’t do business that way I’d support him to the hilt, no self-respecting businessman does!

Ok, so that’s the Vydra story talked about, what about others?
Yes, there are other targets, players Bielsa would like to have.

Unfortunately, not all of those players are being released by their current clubs – this was something I’d not thought about before – and for some targets the price wanted by their current club is too high. I couldn’t get a reveal on who those targets are unfortunately.

So nothing is happening now?
It appears that the Club are focussed on, and have high hopes for, three players that Bielsa has targeted.

I asked for clarification and that is three players in three positions and it is all agreed with Bielsa.

I was reminded that it doesn’t mean the Club will definitely manage to swing those deals but a major effort is going into them right now.

Filler players or better?
Those three players being focussed on are all high quality, was the reply. I know such a description is subjective but without knowing their names I could ask no further.

Is Bielsa happy?
A lot of fans are worried Bielsa will walk so that was a natural question. I was assured that Bielsa has shown no sign of unhappiness or disquiet and is totally aligned with the Club.

The players being pursued are Bielsa’s chosen players (ie not players Orta has decided we should have).

How does the Club view the team this season?
I don’t think I expected an answer saying the Club thought that the team was promotion ready and I think I would have laughed if it had been said.

The best answer I got was that the Club felt the team would be “competitive this season”. As it stands now? “We have a young team and we know we need to include two or three new players” to be as competitive as we want to be.

Summary
All in all, I felt I’d had a good conversation. No excuses about other teams having parachute payments, no hiding that last season was poor, no hiding that a lot of money was spent last year for little gain.

We talked in business terms, the correct way to handle negotiations, having business principles, working hard behind the scenes, keeping cards close to the chest, ensuring that the Club doesn’t lose too much money, ensuring that any money lost could be replaced by owner investment, being cautious in predictions and not over-promising.

My contact cannot guarantee that the Club will succeed in all the plans but was able to give me comfort that the Club had a plan and was not drifting aimlessly.

Addendum
After last night’s awful stream that I paid to watch on LUTV I made sure to mention this too. I believe the message will reach the right people. Whether anything can be done about it yet is another matter but at least I got that off my chest!

Mike Thornton 20th July 2018

Jeg ble ikke noe mer positiv av å lese det dessverre! Positiv i at de har skjønt at de sløste enorme summer før forrige sesong på spillere de sliter med å kvitte seg med et år etterpå, blir bare lei meg når jeg leser slikt. Håper de tre man jakter på er akkurat det vi trenger for å ta noe mer enn kvantesprang denne sesongen, vi skal jo tross alt feire 100 år i 2019!
I scored 24 goals helping my side win promotion back to the Premier League aged just 22. Then in my first season in the top flight I had bagged an impressive 15 goals by the end of January. My form earned me an England call-up. Am I a £35m striker? No. I am Michael Ricketts, February 2002.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #12 på: Juli 22, 2018, 20:11:50 »
Prosjektet til Radz sporer litt av for tiden. Mike Thornton er som mange bekymret. Han har laget et utkast til et brev til Angus som han ønsker at folk skal komme med innspill til:

Min første Leeds-kamp:

auren

« Svar #13 på: Juli 22, 2018, 20:19:45 »
Helt enig med Mike. Her må det mer info ut av klubben. Håper de kan svare på hans spørsmål!

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #14 på: Juli 25, 2018, 10:34:59 »
How Leeds can be great again (with the help of NFL giants San Francisco 49ers)

By Mike Keegan For The Daily Mail 21:36 24 Jul 2018, updated 22:31 24 Jul 2018
The first question is an obvious one: why would an NFL powerhouse like the San Francisco 49ers invest a reported £10million for little more than 10 per cent of Leeds United?

For Paraag Marathe, the franchise's president of enterprises who now finds himself with a seat in an Elland Road boardroom more than 5,000 miles away, the answer is equally obvious.

'The potential is huge,' he says from his office overlooking the 49ers practice facility next to Levi's Stadium. 'It's an opportunity for a great resurrection. This was once one of the best teams in Europe. Even a casual fan will have heard of them — half of our players have heard of them. They have global brand recognition.'

Paraag Marathe of the San Francisco 49ers sees Leeds as a 'chance for a great resurrection'
Marathe, the Silicon Valley son of Indian immigrants who would come home from school to run his parents' pizza business in the evenings at the age of 12, will head to Yorkshire this week for his first board meeting.

He is coy on the financials behind the shock May deal, the expanding 49ers' latest project, describing it as a 'significant minority investment which will go into the team'.

This is not about flogging a few American football jerseys to the folk of West Yorkshire. The hope is that the additional funds will assist new manager Marcelo Bielsa and owner Andrea Radrizzani as they seek to return Leeds to the Premier League and the riches that it brings for the first time since 2004.

If that happens, then the 49ers' stake rises in value and everyone's a winner. 'That's the aim,' Marathe says, matter-of-factly, in his first interview on the investment. 'Andrea is passionate about getting the club promoted. In terms of Leeds being able to grow, the first step is getting promoted.'

Marathe has been praised for his work and was instrumental in delivering the Levi's Stadium
Does he believe that those first steps, which would feel like a giant leap for the long-suffering fans, could arrive this season?

'It's certainly the goal,' Marathe responds. 'Although I should say the goal is not as simple as promotion. The goal is building something which will last. Going big on rebuilding the culture of the football side of the organisation — that's what the appointment of Bielsa is. It's all about rebooting that football culture.'

It seems Leeds have found a powerful, if unlikely, ally. Marathe is clearly a sharp operator. He has degrees from Berkeley and Stanford, has been at the 49ers for 18 seasons and was hailed for his role in the franchise's appearance in the 2013 Super Bowl.

Tough times followed. The departure of a popular head coach sparked two appointments which, in hindsight, were poor choices. However, the belief is that the 49ers emerged stronger and wiser for the experience.

The 49ers will invest a reported £10m to assist Marcelo Bielsa (R) and Andrea Radrizzani (L)
Father-of-two Marathe, who is also in charge of negotiating player contracts for his employers as executive vice-president of football operations, is keen to point out such experience can help Leeds and he believes the two outfits are comparable.

He has looked at how contracts are structured and admits to surprise at the control held by agents and the lack of regulations to keep their behaviour in check.

He will be at the club every other month. He speaks to Radrizzani at least once a week and wants to help deliver success for a fanbase he says has amazed him. 'I've been to every NFL city, and a lot of different places where they love their sports team,' Marathe says. 'I can tell you definitively that Leeds is right up there. There's a difference, there is something special in the air of that city about how passionate they are about their team.

'The team have struggled. They have had ups and downs and yet the supporters are so passionate. You don't see that in a lot of places. It's a rare thing. It's in the people's blood.'

Marathe was instrumental in the 2014 delivery of Levi's Stadium which, with its solar bridges, 27,000 square feet green roof and Wifi for fans that actually works, is recognised as the most advanced venue in the sporting world. Can we expect to see similar upgrades at dated Elland Road? Yes, although Marathe is at pains to point out any development would see the famous old ground retain its character.

'It's such an historic place,' he says. 'I watched the movie The Damned United and loved it. There's something special about it. When we came to our first game, Leeds were mid-table and yet 36,000 people were inside. It was neat to see how much they pour their passion into the club.

'Elland Road has a unique opportunity for more. There's a lot of space around the ground. That's absolutely where we can apply our expertise and help.'

Marathe says Leeds used to be one of the best teams in Europe and the aim is to get back there
Marathe met Radrizzani when the Italian was visiting the Bay Area long before his 2017 acquisition of Leeds. He was impressed. 'He is the reason we got involved,' he says. 'The electricity by which he conducts his business is something we really admire.'

I enquire if he has experienced any of the Yorkshire stereotypes. Whether there has been blunt cynicism, or searing questions over what on earth some Yank can bring to the mighty whites.

'I haven't experienced that,' Marathe says. 'But even that is just passion. I love that. I would want everyone to question it (the agreement) because they want the best for their club. I like that.'

Should those doubters exist, Marathe has a message for them. 'We're not trying to take over,' he says. 'We are supporting Andrea. But this is not cosmetic. We are going to dive in and help where we can. On the football ops, on business ops, whether it's lending expertise on sales, marketing, PR — wherever we can help. This is not something we throw a cheque at and see if the tree grows. We're going to get our hands dirty.'

He says there is something special about the club and the atmosphere the fans generate
He says 'Elland Road has a unique opportunity for more' but wants it to retain its character
Getting his hands dirty is something he is used to, from his days at Round Table Pizza. As a youngster, Marathe would struggle to see over the counter but would be responsible for, on Friday nights, getting out 250 pizzas to a hungry crowd.

'It's a disservice to two institutions I went to,' he says, 'but the best education of my life was managing that pizza restaurant — the school of hard knocks.'

Dealing with a demanding public and trying to produce a great product in a heated, hectic environment — it sounds like ideal preparation for what lies ahead.

Marathe (R) will be at the club every other month and insisted he will be getting his hands dirty

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #15 på: Juli 25, 2018, 10:54:03 »
San Francisco 49’ers

Paraag Marathe named President of 49ers Enterprises: 49rs.co/S5rWxJ

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #16 på: Juli 25, 2018, 19:03:22 »
Promotion is the aim but not the only goal, reveals Leeds United director Paraag Marathe

Joe Urquhart
Published: 15:11 Wednesday 25 July 2018
Leeds United director Paraag Marathe has revealed that promotion is high on the agenda at Elland Road this summer but won't be the only goal for the season ahead.

Marathe, who led the San Francisco 49ers’ purchase of a minority stake of 10 per cent in Leeds, joined the board of directors in West Yorkshire in May.

Marcelo Bielsa will spearhead Leeds' Championship assault this season.
Marcelo Bielsa will spearhead Leeds' Championship assault this season.
The NFL franchises investment arm, 49ers Enterprise, purchased the shareholding for a fee close to £10m which sealed Maarathe's place on the board. Now though, he has revealed that he and majority owner Andrea Radrizzani have some big plans for the club over the coming season beginning with the aim of a return to the Premier League after a 14-year absence.

"It's certainly the goal," Marathe told the Daily Mail over whether promotion was the aspiration this season.

"Although I should say the goal is not as simple as promotion. The goal is building something which will last. Going big on rebuilding the culture of the football side of the organisation - that's what the appointment of [Marcelo] Bielsa is. It's all about rebooting that football culture.

"The team have struggled. They have had ups and downs and yet the supporters are so passionate. You don't see that in a lot of places. It's a rare thing. It's in the people's blood."

Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa (R) and owner Andrea Radrizzani (L).

Marathe also revealed that the potential at Leeds was a major factor, along with chairman Andrea Radrizzani, in drawing his attention to the investment in which he describes as a "huge" football club.

"It's an opportunity for a great resurrection," he continued.

"This was once one of the best teams in Europe. Even a casual fan will have heard of them - half of our players have heard of them. They have global brand recognition.

"He [Andrea Radrizzani] is the reason we got involved. The electricity by which he conducts his business is something we really admire."

The 41-year-old was at the forefront of the planning for the 49ers extraordinary Levi Stadium, which is one of the most advanced in the world after opening in 2014, and believes he has seen similar traits of opportunity at Elland Road.

"It's such an historic place," Marathe added.

"I watched the movie The Damned United and loved it. There's something special about it. When we came to our first game, Leeds were mid-table and yet 36,000 people were inside. It was neat to see how much they pour their passion into the club.

"Elland Road has a unique opportunity for more. There's a lot of space around the ground. That's absolutely where we can apply our expertise and help. We're not trying to take over.

"We are supporting Andrea. But this is not cosmetic. We are going to dive in and help where we can. On the football ops, on business ops, whether it's lending expertise on sales, marketing, PR - wherever we can help. This is not something we throw a cheque at and see if the tree grows. We're going to get our hands dirty."

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #17 på: Juli 25, 2018, 19:08:28 »
49’ers gjør meg trygg:

We are supporting Andrea. But this is not cosmetic. We are going to dive in and help where we can. On the football ops, on business ops, whether it's lending expertise on sales, marketing, PR - wherever we can help. This is not something we throw a cheque at and see if the tree grows. We're going to get our hands dirty.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Blank_File

« Svar #18 på: Juli 25, 2018, 23:49:22 »
49’ers gjør meg trygg:

We are supporting Andrea. But this is not cosmetic. We are going to dive in and help where we can. On the football ops, on business ops, whether it's lending expertise on sales, marketing, PR - wherever we can help. This is not something we throw a cheque at and see if the tree grows. We're going to get our hands dirty.
Selvsagt vanskelig å si noe om hvor skitten man kan bli annenhver måned da, men det er jo fint at de har planer om å involvere seg. Vi må håpe på alle slags frø som kan gro i vår situasjon. Tenker at uansett hva de vil med investeringen, så kan det ikke være noe annet enn positivt.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #19 på: Juli 25, 2018, 23:55:00 »
Selvsagt vanskelig å si noe om hvor skitten man kan bli annenhver måned da, men det er jo fint at de har planer om å involvere seg. Vi må håpe på alle slags frø som kan gro i vår situasjon. Tenker at uansett hva de vil med investeringen, så kan det ikke være noe annet enn positivt.

Det med 'skitten' referer til at 49'ers-mannen begynte livet i et fattigslig kvarter der han 'ble skitten på hendene' av å måtte styre sin syke fars pizzasjappe fra han var 12 år, måtte lage/rganisere transport av ca 250 pizzaer hver kveld til ulike bestillere. Så det var mer uttrykk for 'hverdagslig jobb' enn 'på-kanten-av-loven-jobb' :)
« Siste redigering: Juli 25, 2018, 23:57:13 av Asbjørn »
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Blank_File

« Svar #20 på: Juli 26, 2018, 10:03:33 »

Det med 'skitten' referer til at 49'ers-mannen begynte livet i et fattigslig kvarter der han 'ble skitten på hendene' av å måtte styre sin syke fars pizzasjappe fra han var 12 år, måtte lage/rganisere transport av ca 250 pizzaer hver kveld til ulike bestillere. Så det var mer uttrykk for 'hverdagslig jobb' enn 'på-kanten-av-loven-jobb' :)
Jaja. Jeg er klar over hva dirty work er. Var mer redd for at det er mye prat og lite barbering. "Vi skal se", som min polske venn pleier å si.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #21 på: Juli 29, 2018, 08:00:13 »
Radz er i ferd med å skape en OPPLEVELSE på kampdagen! Nye Bremner Square vil få folk til å valfarte til Elland Road. Jeg regner med at det kommer mer:

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #22 på: August 01, 2018, 19:53:55 »
LEEDS UNITED SUPPORT FOR LEEDS PRIDE

The Leeds United fixture on Sunday afternoon not only marks the first match of the 2018/19 season but also Leeds Pride festival.

This year the club are acting as a premium sponsor for the annual event which champions the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT+) community, with the hope of encouraging more people to support the occasion and get involved in the celebrations.

Leeds Pride is the biggest one day festival in the city and is the highlight of the LGBT+ calendar in Leeds with over 40,000 people involved last year.

This is the first year Leeds United have been involved with the festival and it makes it all the more exciting as it coincides with the first game of our new season.

Members of Marching Out Together, the Leeds United Supporters Group for LGBT+ fans and their allies, will be walking in the parade on Sunday afternoon along with Lucas the Kop Cat and a Leeds United banner. They will also be handing out stickers at the event before making their way to Elland Road to watch Leeds take on Stoke City. Stickers will also be handed out ahead of kick-off in the East Stand concourse.

Speaking about the sponsorship, Leeds United CEO Angus Kinnear, said: “We have really enjoyed working with Marching Out Together over the last year on a range of initiatives to make Leeds United an LGBT+ friendly club.

“We want everyone to feel included when visiting Elland Road and to know that they will be welcomed as part of the Leeds United family.

“I am delighted that as a club we are part of the celebrations at Pride, we hope that our sponsorship is a powerful way in which we can visibly demonstrate our support for the local LGBT+ community.”

Andrew Tilly, Leeds United Season Ticket Holder and one of the founders of Marching Out Together along with Drew Harrison, added: “It was a year ago that we came to Elland Road for a first meeting with the club about our LGBT group and it is fantastic to now see the club as premium sponsors for Leeds Pride 2018. 

“It’s with the backing of the club, the fans and allies in the wider fan base that will help ensure positive change in the world of football, and we would like to thank everyone for their ongoing support."

For more information on how you can get involved, please click here. For fans that would like to follow Marching Out Together you can visit them online here or follow them on Twitter @marchingoutlufc.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #23 på: August 02, 2018, 19:37:13 »
Marathe: 'Leeds United's new San Francisco 49ers' link signifies culture overhaul'

Joe UrquhartPublished: 15:08
Updated: 17:12 Thursday 02 August 2018

Paraag Marathe and the San Francisco 49ers' purchase of ten per cent of Leeds United certainly came as a shock to some in West Yorkshire.

The involvement of one of the NFL's most historic franchises though starts to make much more sense the deeper you dig. The story for both clubs, whether they have actively known about it or not, have run parallel to one another for years.

Marcelo Bielsa at Guiseley during pre-season.
Marcelo Bielsa at Guiseley during pre-season.
The 49ers have gone without a Superbowl victory for 24 seasons, while the Whites exile from England's elite is about to enter its 14th campaign.

Both of those feats are unfathomable for two teams who have fan bases spanning the globe.

San Francisco have been known to chop and change head coaches in recent times, another thing they have in common with the Elland Road club, overseeing seven different men at the helm since 2008.

In that same time period Leeds themselves have been through 14 managers, more than anyone else within English football, and have struggled to muster any serious challenge of returning to the Premier League barring a seventh-placed finish under Garry Monk a season ago.

Marcelo Bielsa during the friendly at Elland Road with Las Palmas.

In the summer of 2017 the 49ers, led by Marathe, decided they'd had enough, it was time for change and something similar appears to have happened in LS11 this summer.

The appointment of Kyle Shanahan, an up-and-coming head coach in the NFL, along with rookie general manager John Lynch, was met in America with widespread questioning but as Marathe states, it was more than just taking an unnecessary risk, it was about a complete overhaul in the way the organisation was being run from top to bottom.

Ex-Leeds United midfielder Murphy joins Bolton on two-year deal

"We tried to stay true to our process and what we were trying to do," Marathe told the YEP.

Leeds United owner Andrea Radrizanni and Marcelo Bielsa.

"We took some flack for it because other people were hiring their coaches and general managers and we were trying to patiently stay true to our process."

United spent two weeks chasing after their number one head coach target this summer eventually landing their man after prolonged talks.

Marcelo Bielsa's arrival at Elland Road sent shock waves through football but represents something similar to the 49ers a year ago, the Argentine isn't just another of those to acquire the hottest seat in English football, he is seen as the leader of a revolution by the hierarchy at Leeds, one in which was identified with the help of a document Marathe sent to United chairman Andrea Radrizzani earlier this summer.

"I had conversations with Andrea about culture and how important it is," Marathe continued.

"I had shared a lot of my research with him that I had done for our head coach search and it was all around culture and the bigger vision coming before any results on the pitch. Seeing that he subscribed to a lot of those philosophies was definitely promising.

"There's a palpable energy here that you can feel. The appointment of Marcelo I think has really regenerated and helped reboot the culture and the feeling around here.

"I feel like with Andrea coming in last year too, and hopefully with our involvement as well, that it feels like we're in the nascent stages of something special."

Marathe himself is never one to stand still and freely admits that he is still in the information gathering stages of the 49ers investment at Leeds United. Having learned his trade managing his parents pizza shop in in the shadows of Candlestick Park, the traditional home for the 49ers which they left in 2014, he's now into his 18th year with the franchise following his graduation from Stanford University.

"I feel like we can help," Marathe continued.

"For now it starts by asking the right questions. We're not coming in and trying to tell Andrea he needs to do this and that because that's not productive, nor would we have the expertise.

"Where we do have that is that we have seen and been through a lot. So he may see something for the first time that we have seen ten times over, so we're there as a resource and to help as a guide."

The romantic idea of resurrecting a fallen giant is clearly one that appeals to Marathe and those at the 49ers Enterprises, the investment wing of the NFL franchise, if it wasn't then Leeds would certainly be a left field choice, but Radrizzani himself has a certain pull.

Leeds United clean up with new sponsor name on Elland Road’s West Stand

"His passion is infectious," Marathe revealed.

"There was a business connection there before I even knew he was involved at Leeds. There's something about him, he's sort of got that and this, he has that will and maniacal drive and it's people like that who you want to follow.

"The truth is that we could because of our brand, which is one of the most powerful in the world, we could have worked with a lot of clubs and I'm not trying to toot our own horn, I just mean with our investment and our assistance, we could have worked with a lot of people but we wanted to find the right people where we felt like we could make a difference.

"There's no promises and no guarantees but we feel like this is as good as an opportunity as anywhere else."

It's fair to say Marathe will have his hands full as he continues his role in San Francisco alongside his appointment to the United board, which will leave many questioning how much actual involvement in the day-to-day running at the club he'll have. As it stands he has a constant dialogue with the hierarchy at the club on a daily basis and plans on being at Elland Road every other month.

The NFL's pre-season is about to get into full swing, along with the start of the new Championship campaign for the Whites. The next year for Marathe, Leeds United and the San Francisco 49ers will be interesting both collectively and individually.

The 49ers are a year into their culture reset, while United are just six weeks into theirs, yet both clubs want to see progression on and off the field, something in which has been lacking in recent history.

So what does a successful first year at Elland Road look like for Marathe? The answer comes back to the same thing and the message is clear.

"The obvious answer is, yes, you want improvement on the pitch," he conceded. "But really it starts before that, it starts inside that, it's a cultural change that you need to see.

"You need to see that permeate through the organisation, it needs to become a state of mind, a belief that you're going to get there and not just a desire.

"That is probably what I want to see first. That is what I would like to see in the next year, it's that true belief from everybody. Players, coaches and ownership that we belong there.

"Obviously it would be ideal if it manifested on the pitch in terms of wins as well but for me personally it's to see that culture permeate."

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #24 på: August 19, 2018, 14:06:19 »
William III

Stoke. First game of season. 90 mins before ko. Kop. iPro drinks sold out.

Bolton. 60 mins before ko. East stand. No coffee.

Mid August. Club shop. Majority of replica kit sizes sold out.

How does this happen, other than poor management?

::)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Hallgeir *

« Svar #25 på: August 20, 2018, 11:29:55 »
EX-CHELSEA BOSS CONTE HELD TALKS OVER LEEDS JOB

Former Chelsea head coach reportedly held talks over a potential shock move to join Leeds United in the Championship earlier this summer.

Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani has revealed that he held ambitious talks with Conte, former Leicester City boss Claudio Ranieri and Roberto Martinez, who guided Belgium to a third-place finish at the World Cup.

The Championship side caught the headlines earlier this summer when they appointed Marcelo Bielsa, something that is considered as a major coup for the club.

Radrizzani said he was ready to offer the former Chelsea boss an eye-catching €20 million to lure him to the Championship.

Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport, as cited on Sport Witness, Radrizzani discussed his ambitious plans for the club.

Conte, with him, [promotion to the] Premier League [would have been] safe. I would have offered 20 million. Then, I had an interview with Ranieri. He was flattered by our interest, but he declined as he was waiting for a call from the national team. I also talked to Martinez, but Belgium was an obstacle.

Conte left Chelsea this summer after two years at Stamford Bridge, where he won the Premier League and the FA Cup, before being replaced by Maurizio Sarri.

https://readchelsea.com/2018/08/20/ex-chelsea-boss-conte-held-talks-over-leeds-job/
Super Leeds since 1968

RoarG

« Svar #26 på: August 20, 2018, 11:40:52 »

Former Chelsea head coach reportedly held talks over a potential shock move to join Leeds United in the Championship earlier this summer.

Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani has revealed that he held ambitious talks with Conte, former Leicester City boss Claudio Ranieri and Roberto Martinez, who guided Belgium to a third-place finish at the World Cup.

The Championship side caught the headlines earlier this summer when they appointed Marcelo Bielsa, something that is considered as a major coup for the club.

Radrizzani said he was ready to offer the former Chelsea boss an eye-catching €20 million to lure him to the Championship.

Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport, as cited on Sport Witness, Radrizzani discussed his ambitious plans for the club.

Conte, with him, [promotion to the] Premier League [would have been] safe. I would have offered 20 million. Then, I had an interview with Ranieri. He was flattered by our interest, but he declined as he was waiting for a call from the national team. I also talked to Martinez, but Belgium was an obstacle.

Conte left Chelsea this summer after two years at Stamford Bridge, where he won the Premier League and the FA Cup, before being replaced by Maurizio Sarri.

https://readchelsea.com/2018/08/20/ex-chelsea-boss-conte-held-talks-over-leeds-job/
Det må jeg si. Viser med all tydelighet at Rad forsto at tiden var inne for å ansette mer meritterte trenere enn hva han hadde gjort til da. Fornøyd med han vi har ansatt nå, jeg.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Jon R

« Svar #27 på: August 20, 2018, 17:57:24 »

Det må jeg si. Viser med all tydelighet at Rad forsto at tiden var inne for å ansette mer meritterte trenere enn hva han hadde gjort til da. Fornøyd med han vi har ansatt nå, jeg.
Det lå egentlig i kortene. Sesong 1 handlet først og fremst om overtagelse av klubben, gjenkjøp av ER, bygge infrastruktur og starte gjenoppbyggingen av akademi, kvinnelag og u-23. Ansettelse av head coach gav fra første stund av inntrykk av prøving og feiling innenfor rammen av «budsjett».
Sett i retrospektiv var det god strategi å gjøre det i den rekkefølgen tror jeg. Ikke sikkert Bielsa hadde hadde hatt samme forutsetninger for å lykkes i den skrinne organisasjonen Cellino etterlot seg. (Ikke ment som Cellinokritikk, hans tilnærming gjorde klubben salgbar for nye interessenter).
« Siste redigering: August 20, 2018, 17:59:18 av Jon R »
Jon R.

Sydhagen

« Svar #28 på: August 20, 2018, 18:07:12 »

Det lå egentlig i kortene. Sesong 1 handlet først og fremst om overtagelse av klubben, gjenkjøp av ER, bygge infrastruktur og starte gjenoppbyggingen av akademi, kvinnelag og u-23. Ansettelse av head coach gav fra første stund av inntrykk av prøving og feiling innenfor rammen av «budsjett».
Sett i retrospektiv var det god strategi å gjøre det i den rekkefølgen tror jeg. Ikke sikkert Bielsa hadde hadde hatt samme forutsetninger for å lykkes i den skrinne organisasjonen Cellino etterlot seg. (Ikke ment som Cellinokritikk, hans tilnærming gjorde klubben salgbar for nye interessenter).
Enig. Er vel dette som kalles sten for sten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
"Paynter, a striker whose danger factor is akin to a blind sniper, who has no fingers, or a gun."

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #29 på: August 20, 2018, 18:10:29 »

Enig. Er vel dette som kalles sten for sten

...er det ikke mer Sten Stensen da :o   - eller er jeg ute på isen nu :o
Tell me - I've got to know