Skrevet av Emne: Ex Sporting Director: Victor Orta  (Lest 72984 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Sv: Sporting Director: Victor Orta
« Svar #240 på: Juli 02, 2019, 16:48:58 »
Med det regimet, den kompetansen, den nøyaktigheten, den arbeidskapasiteten, og den autoriteten Bielsa styrer dagens Leeds United, så har jeg svært vanskelig for å se at Victor Orta (eller noen andre for den saks skyld) skal ha vesentlig påvirkning på det som gjøres i spillerlogistikk. I min bok er det en sjef hos oss (utenom eier), og det er Marcelo Bielsa.

De spillerne som kommer inn hos oss, er det han som godkjenner. Det kan sikkert komme forslag i øst og vest, og det kan være sportsdirektører med nettverk herfra til månen, hjelper ikke. Det er en sjef hos oss, og heldigvis for det. Når Bielsa sier hopp, så hoppes det. Derfor går han på et nytt år. Dette er hans prosjekt.

Selvfølgelig en viss grad forenklet og polarisert, med litt synsing bakpå.

WORD
Joda, kvalifiserte meninger dette. Hadde det bare vært riktig.  ;)

Så hva mener så Bielsa selv om saken? Synes det er verdt å lytte til i denne diskusjonen:
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/victor-orta-leeds-united-bielsa-15632980

Joda, kvalifisert skrevet dette :). Så er det bare slik i fotballverdenen at stort sett nada av det som sies utad er noe å tro på. Knapt sett en eneste pressekonferanse hvor spillere eller managere (sett bort fra Neil Warnock) kommer med annet enn innøvde fraser og tøv.
Ja det kan du si. Kildekrikk er selvfølgelig viktig. Nå har det kommet mye informasjon siste årene som  bekrefter det Bielsa siteres på her. Jeg har også til gode å lese noe som tilsier at dette ikke er riktig om modellen. Jeg må jo da nesten spørre hvor du får din informasjon fra, og hvilke kilder du har lagt til grunn for dine synspunkter her?  ???

Jeg synser. Fakta står seg aldri på et forum, da ville det ikke vært her :)

Litt som med været, man må se ut vinduet, nytter ikke å se på værmeldinger som aldri slår til.

Bra parert!

Jon er litt på krigsstien i disse agurktider!  ;)
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #241 på: Juli 03, 2019, 13:55:09 »
It's all about ANDREÃ…RET,, sier Victor. :)

Det var da Wagner og Karanka  ble suksessfull...

Victor Orta on Leeds United's battle with FFP and keeping Marcelo Bielsa at Elland Road

Leeds United’s sporting director Victor Orta believes that Birmingham City’s points deduction last term has served as a warning to the Championship.
The Blues were handed a nine-point penalty for breaching the EFL’s profitability and sustainability rules, which allow clubs in the second tier to incur a loss of no more than £39million over a three-year assessed period.

United have set their aim this summer on high-quality loan deals from the Premier League, with the sale of Thorp Arch academy product Jack Clarke – though he’ll return to the club on loan – used to finance bolstering Marcelo Bielsa’s squad.

The Whites also hope to land Wolves winger Helder Costa, and Orta, who has been in charge of United’s recruitment since 2017, believes that teams are facing a new challenge in the market under the imposed regulations.

“It’s true there’s a new scenario in the Championship,” Orta said, “after what happened last season with Birmingham and the deduction of points.
“Now there’s tough regulations in Financial Fair Play and all the teams need to be creative. Now the financial situation is all that people monitor and we need to have responsibility in terms of the new regulations.
“This is the situation: we need to be creative, we need to build a squad with the principal targets and perhaps the idea quality is better than quantity, in my opinion, in this transfer market.”
United earlier this week announced their first summer Elland Road arrivals, as Manchester City winger Jack Harrison rejoined the club on loan alongside Brighton defender Ben White.

Clarke, who enjoyed his breakthrough season last term, has been the only notable ‘departure’ so far. The re-signing, though, of head coach Bielsa for another campaign in the Championship was perhaps Orta’s biggest piece of business to date.
The Argentine helped Leeds to a third-placed finish in the second division, before seeing his side fall short at the final hurdle in the play-offs as their hunt for the Premier League faltered in the final stages.
“There are a lot of examples in the past – [David] Wagner, Aitor Karanka, a lot of foreign coaches that in the second year were really successful,” Orta continued.
“We arrive with Marcelo Bielsa, one of the best coaches in the world, with this new methodology. It’s really different than what we are used to in this country. It needs time to introduce the methodology.

"After one year he broke all the records. He made an amazing season with the team. And now we want to use our weapon as continuity. That can be the best strategy for the Championship this year.

Adam Forshaw believes Leeds United have hit the ground running under Marcelo Bielsa

“I think there are a lot of changes in another year for other clubs. With Marcelo, the continuity for me can be one of the keys in the possibility of the fight for promotion.
“Now, the time to establish the new methodology is nothing. Ninety to 95 per cent of the squad know that and only the new players need to adapt, this is more easy.”
Leeds are also hopeful that a similar train of thought can be applied to Harrison, a winger who spent last season on loan with the Whites. The 22-year-old made 42 appearances under Bielsa during his first full year in English football, bagging four goals and three assists.
The City loanee, though, divided opinion amongst fans, despite displaying better form towards the end of the campaign.

“In football the second year of the players are really important,” Orta added.
“If you analyse always the first year you can make a big impact. But then when you know your team-mates and the city. It’s true that Jack arrived six months before at Middlesbrough. It was a direct situation from MLS to the Championship. That, in my opinion, is a big step in terms of adaptation and football.
"Now, Jack showed in the last part of the season the real Jack Harrison.
“We will try and find the last part of the season for Harrison to make in one year. He’s a player who is in constant growth. He’s a player that understands our style. His quality can be the difference in the Championship.
“He needs time. He’ll get time, but now, for me, this season is to try and know his real level and he can show that with us. He has all the skills to be an important player in the Championship.”
Seagulls defender White has also linked up with United for the coming year, a man Orta has been tracking for quite some time.
The 21-year-old defender has spent spells in the Football League with Newport County and Peterborough United, which Orta believes will stand him in good stead for the rigours of the Championship.
“It’s difficult to find a centre-back with his quality with the ball, he said, “ and his experience and his age, in League Two and League One. A professional player is always passing the challenges in his career. I think he’s ready for the challenge now.
“We are really happy because if for two years you monitor a player, and then for it to happen, it shows the effective work in the scouting department.
“We are really happy because it’s a player that in the end can show in Leeds his brand of football. The most important situation is a proper fit for the style that we are playing and the manager Marcelo Bielsa.”

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/victor-orta-on-leeds-united-s-battle-with-ffp-and-keeping-marcelo-bielsa-at-elland-road-1-9854313
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #242 på: Juli 05, 2019, 13:41:55 »
Denne videoen fra Tifo football passer godt her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMVdrGbZkGo
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #243 på: Juli 18, 2019, 11:13:33 »
Kalvin Phillips and Kemar Roofe will sign new Leeds United contracts - Victor Orta - Leeds Live

Kalvin Phillips will sign a new contract and remain a Leeds United player for the foreseeable future, in the opinion of director of football Victor Orta.

Orta, who is leading the negotiations with Phillips’s representatives on behalf of the club, is confident, in his own personal opinion, the fans’ favourite will sign a new deal.

Speaking to the media at a fans’ event in Perth’s Cottesloe Beach Hotel, a few hours before Wednesday night’s match with Manchester United, Orta was bullish in his prediction.

Victor Orta lifts the lid on how Leeds United kept Bielsa, the Costa transfer and promotion plans

While the director admitted the only thing he was certain of in life was his own death, he stressed how confident he was Phillips and Kemar Roofe, for that matter, would stay.

Phillips’s current contract expires in 2021, but after playing his way into the Championship Team of the Season last term, he has rich admirers.

A contract offer was made approximately two weeks ago and negotiations continue between the parties.

Asked how the negotiation was progressing, Orta told LeedsLive: “It’s not a negotiation. He is a Leeds United player and will be a Leeds United player for the season 19/20.”

He added: “Leeds United want Kalvin Phillips to stay next year 100 per cent.”

Pushed for his own, personal, take on the situation, rather than the general club stance, Orta said: “Yes, personally, as Victor Orta, I believe [he will sign a new deal].”

And on Roofe?

“The same. Personally, I believe he will stay.”

Another who Orta does not expect to saying farewell to Elland Road anytime soon is the club’s highest earner, Kiko Casilla.

The goalkeeper, acquired for no transfer fee in January from Real Madrid, had a mixed four months in the Championship, ending in more than serious mistake in the play-off semi-final second leg.

However, Casilla is content to stick around and continue in England’s second tier.

“I can say Kiko Casilla prefers to stay in Leeds United than the first division in Spain. And, again, for me, I feel really proud,” said Orta.

One player who is on the verge of exiting Elland Road, however, is Samuel Saiz. The out-of-favour playmaker will stay in Spain.

Victor Orta is keeping the door open to a Pontus Jansson replacement at Leeds United

“He is near to closing a deal in Spain. We are near to closing that situation,” said Orta.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/kalvin-phillips-kemar-roofe-leeds-16604183.amp

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #244 på: Juli 18, 2019, 11:24:41 »
Del 2:

Victor Orta has discussed Leeds United’s response to last season, how he kept Marcelo Bielsa and the joy of securing his top transfer target in a new interview.

Speaking to gathered media in Perth on Wednesday at Cottesloe Beach Hotel, the Whites ’ director of football cut a relaxed, passionate and motivated figure.

As he said to LUTV in the past, Orta is putting a great amount of value in continuity going into the new campaign.

“We are trying to put great value in the continuity. In football the continuity is a value that you can lose when you try to make immediate changes,” he said.

“The continuity in football can be really successful. This is the reason we decided to continue with the great manager we have and we decided to have continuity with the core of the squad we think can be necessary for us.

Victor Orta is keeping the door open to a Pontus Jansson replacement at Leeds United 

“This is our value for the next season, the continuity.”

Marcelo Bielsa’s signature for a second season is widely regarded as the best piece of business the club will do this year if not for the next 10 years.

Orta was asked how key it was to keep the Argentine here and what assurances he made to him in order to secure his tenure.

“He enjoyed Leeds,” said Orta. “He enjoyed the club. He is really happy here. He is really happy in our way of work.

“We are happy on the other side because he improved the club each day. Each day he made me better, personally and professionally.

“When you have people around you who make you better it is good, but the most important is not just me.

“It is the club, and most important are the players. He makes players better. For me, that is the best thing about our head coach.”

Leeds United's Australia tour
Helder Costa’s acquisition, a loan deal followed by an automatic permanent deal in 12 months’ time, is considered to be one of the deals of the summer in the Championship.

How did Orta do the deal and how proud is he of securing such a sought-after talent?

“We had a plan at the start of pre-season in terms of ins and outs. Now, more or less, we are 90 per cent covered in the plan we have,” he said.

He added: “He was our main target and when the director of football can make this happen, I am really happy with the work of all the people involved in the signing of Helder Costa .”

Fans have followed the club everywhere they have gone around Perth in this the first half of the Australia tour.

It has proved yet another reminder of how enormous the club is and why it is so bizarre it is still to return to the top flight.

“This is a Premier League club in all the situations around the club, but we need to be clever,” he said.

“If we analyse, we have failed for 15 years. For so much failure, you cannot make it right in one or two years, you need time.

Watch full interview with Leeds United coach Diego Flores on injuries, Marcelo Biels and defeat to Manchester United

“Obviously, the spirit and the core of the club is Premier League. Only we need to change our league position. This is football.”

And what of Bielsa, the head coach we are still waiting to hear from the first time since May’s misery?

“Marcelo has the same feeling we have: we can get the goal all the people involved with Leeds United want,” said Orta.

“When you are really close to something, you can take two roads. Think about the chance you lost or thinking about the new chance.

“We decided the other road and we are together in that. We can never think about the chance we lost. When you look back, you can’t advance.”

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #245 på: Juli 19, 2019, 10:19:44 »
Victor Orta's inside line on how Leeds United landed number one target Helder Costa - Leeds Live

Leeds United’s identity under Marcelo Bielsa is the key reason why they were able to snare the likes of Helder Costa away from the top flights of Germany and Portugal.

Director of football Victor Orta admits last summer there were a lot of prospective targets scared of what they may have been walking into, especially before Bielsa arrived.

Orta also said the club’s historical reputation, going back five or 10 years, had continued to play on people’s minds in the transfer market.

Last summer, Matej Vydra and Abel Hernandez were two of the club’s key transfer targets, but neither happened, mainly because of their astronomical wage demands.

Kalvin Phillips and Kemar Roofe will sign new Leeds United contracts - Victor Orta

2019 has been different, though. Costa was the main target and he has been acquired.

“People know us better now,” Orta told LeedsLive. “For me, it’s the principle reason. In respect of last summer, a lot of people were scared about a lot of situations about us.

“Not only in general about the Leeds United project, even situations in the past we need to change.

“Now all the people enjoy the TV watching our football and this is the decision (reason why) Helder Costa prefer join us than prefer perhaps back on loan in Portugal or Germany first division, or another country, because we have now the identity to attract players.

“It’s from head coach and all around the club, chairman and all around the club.”

He added: “We create an atmosphere around the club. In the past all the people wanted to leave Leeds United and now all the people want to go to Leeds United.”

Orta has no known presence on any form of social media. He does not need it, nor does he need hourly criticism pinging onto his smartphone to distract him from the job in hand.

The Spaniard confesses he is an emotional being, admitting the club’s forthcoming Amazon documentary is punctuated by his own tears at least twice every episode.

He likes that emotion in the fans too, though. Fans of a club he considers quite Latin in many ways.

Asked what he made of the critics, Orta said: “It makes me better. It’s good. I like the fans demanding. Again, all the clubs I worked with have been very demanding.

Victor Orta lifts the lid on how Leeds United kept Bielsa, the Costa transfer and promotion plans

“Leeds United is a bit Latin in the way the fans are and I love this because I worked in Sevilla for seven years with passionate fans and this kind of criticism makes me better.

“I like because it’s made me focus to improve myself and analyse all and try to analyse the mistakes and this kind of thing.”

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #246 på: Juli 22, 2019, 19:58:18 »
Jeg vet det er mye tekst, men god lesning som vi kan sjekke ut til våren. Orta vil opp!

Victor Orta interview in full - every word Leeds United chief said in rare sit-down - Leeds Live

Victor Orta is the man ever-present in those new signing photos at Leeds United. He is the man at the forefront of all outgoings and, importantly, arrivals at Elland Road.

For fans, this business becomes the centre of attention at this time of year and with a role like Victor's comes admiration - at signings like Marcelo Bielsa and Helder Costa - and criticism - at any notable struggles to improve the side.

In a rare sit-down interview, Leeds United's director of football took the time to speak to the media during the Whites' tour of Australia.

This is the full transcript of that interview at Perth's Cottesloe Beach Hotel, with his thoughts on last season, expectations, Marcelo Bielsa, signings, and the future for Kalvin Phillips and Kemar Roofe.

LeedsLive spoke to Orta in Sydney
Victor, what is the aim for this season? How do you improve on last year because last year was so - a seismic year for the club, how do you go forward from that?

We are trying to put great value in the continuity. In football the continuity is a value you can lose when you try to make immediate changes. The continuity in football can be really successful. This is the reason we decided to continue with the great manager we have and we decided to have continuity with the core of the squad we think can be necessary for us. This is our value for the next season, the continuity.

In terms of Marcelo [Bielsa], how key was that? Angus [Kinnear] had spoken earlier it wasn't a long conversation, the club clearly wanted him to stay, but did you have to make assurances to him? What were the decisive factors in arriving at that decision?

He enjoyed Leeds. He enjoyed the club. He is really happy here. He is really happy in our way of work. We are happy on the other side because he improved the club each day. Each day he made me better, personally and professionally. When you have people around you who make you better it is good, but the most important is not just me. It is the club, and most important are the players. He makes players better. For me, that is the best thing about our head coach.

We obviously know he is a very, very demanding coach, that is his background. We know from stories from the players last year. Is there any fear, having done so much last year, having gone so close, they can't go again?

We are in a high-level performance. Each detail, each millimetre is important. I want high demanding people around me. Not only the head coach, the director of marketing, director of communications. I want a club with demanding people in each position. That will make Leeds United better. At the end, each player needs to understand the circumstances around the details make the difference. In this sport the difference is a millimetre. This is the situation. This is why he is demanding with the players. I am more than happy to have a coach who is really demanding with the players.

You brought in people like Helder Costa, who've got big reputations.

We had a plan at the start of pre-season in terms of ins and outs. Now, more or less, we are 90 per cent covered in the plan we have.

Costa is a big name though?

He was our main target and when the director of football can make this happen, I am really happy with the work of all the people involved in the signing of Helder Costa.

When you come to an event like this so far away from home and you know the supporters that turn up to Elland Road, the supporters that go away, the noise they generate, is it a kind of wonder to you they have been out of the Premier League for so long and how?

The answer is in your question. This is a Premier League club in all the situations around the club, but we need to be clever. If we analyse, we have failed for 15 years. For so much failure, you cannot make it right in one or two years, you need time. Obviously, the spirit and the core of the club is Premier League. Every inch of this club is Premier League. Only we need to change our league position. This is football.

Just in terms of Marcelo, what has he said to you about how enthused he is for the challenge? We all know what he has achieved in the game. We know he would have been disappointed at the way last season turned out, what has he said to you about how he views this season?

Marcelo has the same feeling we have, that we can get the goal all the people involved with Leeds United want. When you are really close to something, you can take two roads. Think about the chance you lost or think about the new chance. We decided the other road and we are together in that. We can never think about the chance we lost. When you look back, you can’t advance.

How delighted are you with the business you've done this summer? Because last summer was obviously frustrating, people like Abel Hernandez didn't pay off, Daniel James didn't pay off not for reasons of your own - this summer, to get your main target Helder Costa, to get Ben White?

The people know us better now. For me, it’s the principle reason. In respect of last summer, a lot of people were scared about a lot of situations about us. Not only in general about the Leeds United project, even situations in the past we need to change. Now all the people enjoy the TV watching our football and this is the decision (reason why) Helder Costa prefer join us than prefer perhaps back on loan in Portugal or Germany first division, or another country, because we have now the identity to attract players. It’s from head coach and all around the club, chairman and all around the club.

It must have been such a huge boost for Marcelo to sign on, that seems to be absolutely key to next season, keeping Marcelo? That was the biggest thing you had to do?

At the end (of the day), it was easy, because the people were really nervous about the timing, but it was really easy. Marcelo and Leeds United have a communion (relationship) that is really strong. The difficulty was the first (time we approached him). That was really difficult because after one year Marcelo knows how big Leeds United is. He knows the team. The really difficult thing was the first time in my opinion he trust us in situation he has never - and by the way after the evaluation Marcelo loved all around the club and around the players.

Pontus Jansson has moved on, are you looking to replace him? Do you think you need another centre back or not?

We always are open in the market, but now we are 90 per cent (complete).

Marcelo is happy with the squad as it is?

It is always a decision of the club. We are in a situation where all the decisions are totally coordinated by all of the club. The board, director of football and coach. It is the best way to work.

And 90 per cent, that is really close?

90 per cent is close. Obviously it's football. In life, all that I know is I am going to die. The rest, I am not sure [laughs)

Now that you have all the players in that you want, the players leaving is the big fear for fans. So, Kalvin Phillips, you are well aware how important he is. How do you see those negotiations going?

There is no negotiations. The player is a Leeds United player and will be a Leeds United player in the 2019/20 season.

You are confident he will resign this summer?

100 per cent confident. I am confident. Leeds United want Kalvin Phillips next year, 100 per cent.

And you are confident, in your personal opinion, that Kalvin will sign?

Yes, personally, as Victor Orta, I believe.

Kemar Roofe, is that another negotiation for this summer?

The same. The same. Personally, I believe he is staying.

Other exits, people like Samu Saiz. Are they going to be moving out shortly?

No, he is close to a deal in Spain. Two hours, three hours. We are near to close that situation.

One of the biggest additions last year was Kiko Casilla. He came in January, did fairly well and had a fairly difficult end to the season, but he is obviously one of the biggest earners. Will he stay now? Is he happy to stay in the Championship again?

I can say Kiko Casilla prefers Leeds United than offers in first division in Spain. Again, for me, I feel really proud.

All these things you are saying, that is such a huge statement for how far the club has come under yourself and Andrea [Radrizzani] - the fact the players will now see the club in this esteem and hold it with this stature, especially with Marcelo as the head coach?

We create an atmosphere around the club that in the past all the people wanted to leave Leeds United and now all the people want to go to Leeds United.

You are a very emotional character, Victor. How hard was it to get over last season? We felt it in the press box, we were absolutely crushed.

I love my job, I love the game and I love Leeds United. I live my life in the way that I want because it is part of my success. Because even I can give 24 hours in my work because I love. All the people say perhaps I need to be more balanced. My interests suffer a lot because obviously when you have a family the people suffer for it. I have friends in Madrid - 50 friends really loyal because they make a group and they watch all the games together. And they were like what do I feel? I feel the support of all the people.

If you ask me if for half hour last season I felt depressed. Yes. For half hour I am feeling depressed, but at the end it is a game and the best thing in football is the resilience. More times when I analyse my career and I watch more people around. At the end when I won five trophies in Sevilla and when I won these trophies, never give value. Now? I thinking what a luck. You won the trophy, go to the party, go to the bars, drink with the players and after this it is okay, I say wow, what a moment. At the end of football it is resilience.

You have said in the past you don't like being on social media, it is not your thing. How do you deal with criticism from fans?

It makes me better. It’s good. I like the fans demanding. Again, all the clubs I worked with have been very demanding.

Leeds United is a bit Latin in the way the fans are and I love this because I worked in Sevilla for seven years with passionate fans and this kind of criticism makes me better.

I like because it’s made me focus to improve myself and analyse all and try to analyse the mistakes and this kind of thing.

You love football. You love looking at the transfer market and I am sure you look at your rivals. How do you feel about Leeds coming into the new season based on what your rivals are doing? Do you feel Leeds are in a strong position compared to the business other clubs are doing?

The weapon of continuity is the best weapon for fighting for success. At the end the margin is really close in the Championship. We can analyse the last 10 seasons in the Championship and the seasons are very different. One team that really dominate like Wolves or Newcastle or a really equal season like last season. For me it is the most unpredictable tournament around the world. In winter, if you say that Sheffield United and Norwich is promoted I think no-one said this prediction. No one said this predicton. Why? Because it is an unpredictable league. This is a bit nervous, excited and we think our weapon about continuity can be decisive. This is our choice and in my opinion, this is our best choice.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

asbfjell

« Svar #247 på: August 09, 2019, 00:39:38 »
Interessant å lese at Bielsa forteller at Ben White og Eddie Nketiah er spillere som Victor Orta har pushet på ham.

Eddie Nketiah har jeg selv sett spille kamper, og har stor tro på at han vil bli et solid angrepsvåpen for oss.

Ben White hadde jeg aldri hørt om før vi ble linket til ham tidlig i sommer. Må også ærlig innrømme at jeg hadde liten tro at en ungdom som kun hadde 19 kamper i League One å vise til, skulle bli den dominante krumtappen vårt midtforsvar så sårt har savnet.

Nå er det jo fremdeles "early doors", som de sier der borte, men debuten til Ben White var direkte imponerende. Kan knapt huske å ha sett en ung stopper i Leeds-drakt fremvise en sånn ro, modenhet og naturlig autoritet i sin opptreden siden Jonathan Woodgate gjorde sitt inntok på førstelaget som attenåring i 1998.
Nå skal vi selvsagt se Ben White i aksjon i flere kamper og mot langt bedre motspillere enn de han møtte sist søndag, før vi feller en dom over hans kvaliteter. Men starten på hans Leeds-karriere var i alle fall svært oppløftende.

Jeg føler meg trygg på at vi har truffet lang bedre på våre lånesigneringer i dette vinduet enn de fadesene vi hentet forrige sommer. Og hvis det viser seg at Victor Orta har truffet blink med både både White og Nketiah, skal han med den største glede få både ros, anerkjennelse – og gjerne også stående applaus – fra en gammel Orta-kritiker som meg!  :)

Jon R

« Svar #248 på: August 09, 2019, 09:00:22 »
Interessant å lese at Bielsa forteller at Ben White og Eddie Nketiah er spillere som Victor Orta har pushet på ham.

Eddie Nketiah har jeg selv sett spille kamper, og har stor tro på at han vil bli et solid angrepsvåpen for oss.

Ben White hadde jeg aldri hørt om før vi ble linket til ham tidlig i sommer. Må også ærlig innrømme at jeg hadde liten tro at en ungdom som kun hadde 19 kamper i League One å vise til, skulle bli den dominante krumtappen vårt midtforsvar så sårt har savnet.

Nå er det jo fremdeles "early doors", som de sier der borte, men debuten til Ben White var direkte imponerende. Kan knapt huske å ha sett en ung stopper i Leeds-drakt fremvise en sånn ro, modenhet og naturlig autoritet i sin opptreden siden Jonathan Woodgate gjorde sitt inntok på førstelaget som attenåring i 1998.
Nå skal vi selvsagt se Ben White i aksjon i flere kamper og mot langt bedre motspillere enn de han møtte sist søndag, før vi feller en dom over hans kvaliteter. Men starten på hans Leeds-karriere var i alle fall svært oppløftende.

Jeg føler meg trygg på at vi har truffet lang bedre på våre lånesigneringer i dette vinduet enn de fadesene vi hentet forrige sommer. Og hvis det viser seg at Victor Orta har truffet blink med både både White og Nketiah, skal han med den største glede få både ros, anerkjennelse – og gjerne også stående applaus – fra en gammel Orta-kritiker som meg!  :)
Veldig bra Asbjørn. Her får vi jo  også (nok en gang) bekreftet at Oerta fortsatt er sentral i spillerlogistikken. Det skal også eksistere en viss uenighet mellom Orta og Bielsa på dette området, sist ift Ryan Kent visstnok. Håper Orta er en mann med godt utviklede sosiale antenner som skjønner hvor langt han kan tøye strikken med Bielsa.  :o
Jon R.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #249 på: August 31, 2019, 15:37:16 »
Angus Kinnear bekrefter i dagens kampprogram at Ortas ville feiring ødela en tv-monitor :D

Angus Kinnear lifts the lid on what really happened with Victor Orta in the directors' box last week
Orta got a tad over-excited during the last match at Elland Road

By Joe Mewis Leeds United editor   17:31, 27 AUG 2019

Orta needs to be on his best behaviour for the visit of Stoke City (Image: Alex Dodd/CameraSport)
Get the biggest weekday Leeds United FC stories by email

Leeds United CEO Angus Kinnear has revealed that Victor Orta received 'the first directors' box yellow cards of the season' for his typically enthusiastic celebrations against Brentford last week.
The 1-0 win over the Bees saw Leeds return to the top of the table thanks to substitute Eddie Nketiah's 81st minute goal at Elland Road last Wednesday night.

That queued wild celebrations among the sold out crowd - none more so that in the directors' box, where pictures emerged on social media following the match of Orta's seat, which was missing the TV monitor that those on the front row of the box usually enjoy.

Instead, there were a number of exposed wires which gave the impression that Orta had been up to his old tricks, as those that have watched the recent Take Us Home documentary will know only too well.

The pictures went viral on social media and Kinnear has used his programme notes before the Stoke City Carabao Cup clash to shed some more light on what had happened.
"The victory was only tainted by the first directors' box yellow card of the season, unsurprisingly relieved by Victor Orta, who contrived to uninstall a TV screen during his typically exuberant goals celebrations."

Orta will therefore need to be on his best behaviour tonight for the visit of Stoke, the club have already installed a new screen.

Victor Ota's repaired director's box monitor at Elland Road ahead of the Stoke clash
Leeds host Stoke in the second round of the League Cup, with the draw for the third round taking place on

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/angus-kinnear-lifts-lid-what-16824667
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

RoarG

« Svar #250 på: August 31, 2019, 15:40:28 »
Angus Kinnear bekrefter i dagens kampprogram at Ortas ville feiring ødela en tv-monitor :D

Angus Kinnear lifts the lid on what really happened with Victor Orta in the directors' box last week
Orta got a tad over-excited during the last match at Elland Road

By Joe Mewis Leeds United editor   17:31, 27 AUG 2019

Orta needs to be on his best behaviour for the visit of Stoke City (Image: Alex Dodd/CameraSport)
Get the biggest weekday Leeds United FC stories by email

Leeds United CEO Angus Kinnear has revealed that Victor Orta received 'the first directors' box yellow cards of the season' for his typically enthusiastic celebrations against Brentford last week.
The 1-0 win over the Bees saw Leeds return to the top of the table thanks to substitute Eddie Nketiah's 81st minute goal at Elland Road last Wednesday night.

That queued wild celebrations among the sold out crowd - none more so that in the directors' box, where pictures emerged on social media following the match of Orta's seat, which was missing the TV monitor that those on the front row of the box usually enjoy.

Instead, there were a number of exposed wires which gave the impression that Orta had been up to his old tricks, as those that have watched the recent Take Us Home documentary will know only too well.

The pictures went viral on social media and Kinnear has used his programme notes before the Stoke City Carabao Cup clash to shed some more light on what had happened.
"The victory was only tainted by the first directors' box yellow card of the season, unsurprisingly relieved by Victor Orta, who contrived to uninstall a TV screen during his typically exuberant goals celebrations."

Orta will therefore need to be on his best behaviour tonight for the visit of Stoke, the club have already installed a new screen.

Victor Ota's repaired director's box monitor at Elland Road ahead of the Stoke clash
Leeds host Stoke in the second round of the League Cup, with the draw for the third round taking place on

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/angus-kinnear-lifts-lid-what-16824667
Rene rockestjerne-feiringen ;D. Tør ikke tenke på hvordan han vil komme til å feire, skulle vi rykke opp.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #251 på: Oktober 09, 2019, 14:02:34 »
Vicptr Orta intervjues igjen - ikke såå mye nytt for de som har lest tidligere intervju.

Men en interessant sak med norske øyne, trukket frem for å vise hvor fort 'hele Europa' oppdager nye talent:

There are now few undiscovered gems in football now because of the plethora of scouting data and videos, Orta said.
“We were going to watch a winger in Bodo Glimt, Hakon Evjen (who signed for AZ Alkmaar in September), and it was the third time he was in the line-up, at 16 years old.
“We watched and said, ‘Wow, he’s good.’ We travelled to watch his third start and all the scouts were there, from around the world. There were 15 scouts, all the big clubs. Then he is going to Holland.”

https://trainingground.guru/articles/how-leeds-united-blend-algorithms-and-intuition-to-sign-players
(kan også lyttes til som podacst, der hele intevjuet er). Link i artikkelen.

En kortere versjon finnes også hos Leeds-Live
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/victor-orta-outlines-leeds-uniteds-17055064?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Killa

« Svar #252 på: Oktober 09, 2019, 14:23:33 »
Evjen er virkelig et kanon-talent - skulle gjerne sett han i vår vakre hvite drakt...

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #253 på: Juni 25, 2020, 15:37:41 »
Victor Orta ryktes populær inn mot Red Bull Leipzig . Men man tror han blir...

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/victor-orta-leeds-red-bull-18486877
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #254 på: Juni 28, 2020, 10:17:00 »
Hva skal spillerne med tilskuere på stadion når de har Victor Orta der :D :D :D

YEP:

'Come on Leeds, carajo!' came the cry from Victor Orta, breaking the quiet of a near-empty Elland Road seconds before kick-off against Fulham.

And at full-time the director of football again punctuated the eerie atmosphere with his declarations of joy and relief, summing up the feelings of an entire Leeds United fanbase.

There was a minute of silence, before Orta's voice rang out and betrayed how important this game was to Leeds. Last week a good opportunity slipped from their grasp, this week presented another one. A golden one.

Og når Mitrovic slang med albuen:
The officials missed it. The cameras did not and Orta was soon shown it on a mobile phone, increasing the exasperation he expressed the moment White was felled.

Engasjert type vi har som sportsdirektør :)
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Forever Whites

« Svar #255 på: Juli 19, 2020, 20:46:54 »
Victor Orta med siste stikk mot Derby etter dagens oppgjør:

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2020/07/19/gif-video-victor-orta-binoculars-celebration-at-derby-county-after-leeds-win-2020/

Selvfølgelig SPY saken det harseleres med.  ;)
Medlem 94237

RoarG

« Svar #256 på: August 09, 2020, 18:34:53 »
Serie A-klubben AS Roma er ute etter ny sportsdirektør. Leeds Uniteds Victor Orta er en av kandidatene til jobben.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2020/08/09/serie-a-giants-have-leeds-united-director-of-football-on-radar/464728/

Hallgeir *

« Svar #257 på: August 09, 2020, 19:14:16 »
Serie A-klubben AS Roma er ute etter ny sportsdirektør. Leeds Uniteds Victor Orta er en av kandidatene til jobben.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2020/08/09/serie-a-giants-have-leeds-united-director-of-football-on-radar/464728/

Føler meg ganske trygg på at Orta fortsatt ønsker å være med på "eventyret" med Leeds i PL.
Super Leeds since 1968

Fantasyland

« Svar #258 på: August 10, 2020, 10:36:05 »

Det ville jo nesten vært litt rart om han ikke tiltrakk seg oppmerksomhet etter det kunststykket han gjorde med å lande Bielsa for en Championship-klubb. Forøvrig ganske trygg på at han hvertfall er med første sesongen i PL også får vi jo se hvordan det utarter seg.

Kato

« Svar #259 på: August 10, 2020, 10:57:19 »

Det ville jo nesten vært litt rart om han ikke tiltrakk seg oppmerksomhet etter det kunststykket han gjorde med å lande Bielsa for en Championship-klubb. Forøvrig ganske trygg på at han hvertfall er med første sesongen i PL også får vi jo se hvordan det utarter seg.

Han har jo gjort endel rare signeringer som langt fra har blitt suksess. JKA kan jo bli økonomisk helt krise.

Men det er på hans vakt, og visstnok med han i spissen, vi har hentet Marcelo Bielsa. Og med det har han bra mange bom i bonusbanken.

Og det er også under han Ben White er kommet inn.

Men i stor grad er jo grunnlaget i spillermateriell som rykket opp den stallen Bielsa overtok.

Endel skivebom i De Bock, Grot osv

Endel "store signeringer" som ikke har truffet helt, eks Casilla.

En Costa som er dyr, og vel egentlig vi enda venter på skal slå helt til.

lowfields

« Svar #260 på: August 10, 2020, 15:52:33 »
Gode signeringer: Pontus, Klich, Saiz, Allioski, Forshaw, Struijk, Roberts, Davies, Bamford, Poveda, Meslier, Costa, Harrison, White, Eddie, Douglas
Dårlige signeringer: Sacko, Wiedwald, Anita, Ekuban, Grot, Cibicki, De Bock, Casilla, JKA

I tillegg er der drøssevis av mindre signeringer som havner i kategorien middels eller dårlig.

Har sikkert glemt en del også, men Orta sier vel selv at du treffer på 3 av 5....
"Welcome to, arguably, the noisiest ground in England"

auren

« Svar #261 på: August 29, 2020, 22:01:46 »
For en fantastisk personlighet Orta er, og for et grundig arbeid han gjør med potensielle spillere. Bare hør hva Koch har å si:

He says he's been aware of the club's interest for six months or more - Victor Orta spoke about him in a YEP interview as a potential transfer target back in January - and the club ensured he was fully briefed on what they needed from him and why they believed they could get it.
"It was maybe half a year or maybe more," said Koch.

"In time I got more and more details, with a presentation of games from Leeds, of my games, how to play as a central defender here in Leeds. I felt more and more interest from Leeds and had a lot of talks with Victor Orta.
"We had a lot of contact and videos of Leeds games from last season and my games at Freiburg. A lot of tactical things we've talked about. Most was in the form of presentation, how Leeds plays football and how it fits to my style.
"I didn't speak directly with him [Bielsa] but he sent me a lot of videos of the way he plays. I've talked to some players about him. It was more and more easy for me to make the decision."

Orta har fått mye stick her inne, men signeringene av Bielsa, Rodrigo og Koch gruser alt. Her er det bare å bøye seg i støvet! Til og med h.b. må synes at Orta ikke lenger er udugelig.

Forøvrig har jeg svært vondt av h.b. som ikke har noenting å syte om lenger. Ikke rart han har avregistrert seg på forumet  ;D

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Sølvreven

« Svar #262 på: August 29, 2020, 22:50:01 »
Auren.... Jeg synes du skal holde deg for god til å rakke ned på medsupportere. Mulig h.b. kan være negativ men tror ikke noen tviler på at han ønsker det samme som oss. Leeds inn på topp fire.

Leedsoholic. Oppfinneren av "pretting".

auren

« Svar #263 på: August 29, 2020, 22:55:52 »
Auren.... Jeg synes du skal holde deg for god til å rakke ned på medsupportere. Mulig h.b. kan være negativ men tror ikke noen tviler på at han ønsker det samme som oss. Leeds inn på topp fire.

Jo, medfans som konstant rakker ned på klubb og spillere synes jeg ikke mye om. Det er jo betegnende at nå som alt går som det griner for Leeds, så har det vært helt tyst fra fyren.

Men nok om h.b. Dette handler om den utrolige jobben som Orta har gjort. Han har hatt samme utvikling som en viss Phillips de siste to årene. De fleste hadde avskrevet Kalvin, og nå er han landslagsspiller. De "fleste" ville kvitte seg med Orta - se hva han nå har fått til!

Applaus!  :)

auren
"Guardiola said: 'You know more about Barcelona than I do!'"
Marcelo Bielsa, 16.01.19, etter Spygate-foredraget sitt.

Josch

« Svar #264 på: August 29, 2020, 23:04:14 »
For en fantastisk personlighet Orta er, og for et grundig arbeid han gjør med potensielle spillere. Bare hør hva Koch har å si:

He says he's been aware of the club's interest for six months or more - Victor Orta spoke about him in a YEP interview as a potential transfer target back in January - and the club ensured he was fully briefed on what they needed from him and why they believed they could get it.
"It was maybe half a year or maybe more," said Koch.

"In time I got more and more details, with a presentation of games from Leeds, of my games, how to play as a central defender here in Leeds. I felt more and more interest from Leeds and had a lot of talks with Victor Orta.
"We had a lot of contact and videos of Leeds games from last season and my games at Freiburg. A lot of tactical things we've talked about. Most was in the form of presentation, how Leeds plays football and how it fits to my style.
"I didn't speak directly with him [Bielsa] but he sent me a lot of videos of the way he plays. I've talked to some players about him. It was more and more easy for me to make the decision."

Orta har fått mye stick her inne, men signeringene av Bielsa, Rodrigo og Koch gruser alt. Her er det bare å bøye seg i støvet! Til og med h.b. må synes at Orta ikke lenger er udugelig.

Forøvrig har jeg svært vondt av h.b. som ikke har noenting å syte om lenger. Ikke rart han har avregistrert seg på forumet  ;D

auren

Dette har vel med budsjettene som Orta kan handle for å gjøre. Han hadde jo ikke kjempebudsjetter i 2017 og han kan jo ikke trylle. De fleste her skrøt jo av kjøpene hans FØR de begynte å spille og rakket ned på Orta når de ikke var så gode likevel. Nå får vi se om Rodrigo og Koch lykkes da. Først da kan Orta bedømmes. Det er også lettere å lykkes med kjøp når Bielsa er coach. Han lager jo gull av det meste.

Eriksen55

« Svar #265 på: August 30, 2020, 02:45:08 »
Begge kjøpene her er bra. To knallgode fotballspillere. Spillerne er analysert opp og ned i mente og Bielsa har godkjent dem. Om en eller begge flopper, så er det vanskelig å kritisere Orta for bomkjøp.

Hvis Koch ikke kommer inn i gruppa, mistrivrs og savner Tyskland så går det utover prestasjonene. Enkelte ting vet man ikke før man signerer. Vanskelig å klandre Orta om noe sånn skjer. Mange kjente og bedre spillere en Rodrigo og Koch har opplevd dette, så ingen garanti.

Men som nyopprykket og hente en Tysk og Spansk landslagsspiller er imponerende og bra signeringer.

Som du sier så er det lettere å selge Leeds til gode spillere med Rads, Orta og ikke minst Bielsa. Sier seg selv! En helt annen verden enn når Cellino kom drassende med Evans og Hockaday.

Josch

« Svar #266 på: August 30, 2020, 08:56:16 »
En annen viktig forskjell før og etter Bielsa er at det nå er Bielsa som velger/ godkjenner spillere. Thomas Christiansen måtte godta det han fikk tildelt av Orta. Det var ikke alltid vellykket.

Jeg tror forøvrig Rad kunne ha ansatt Bielsa uten hjelp fra Orta. Bielsa var ikke akkurat en ukjent trener som fotballmiljøet ikke visste om.

sportcarl1

« Svar #267 på: August 30, 2020, 09:28:57 »
Orta misslyckades väldigt mycket i början vid värvningar av tränare och spelare, förhoppningsvis har det vänt nu, och tror vi kan tacka Bielsa för mycket av det då han kan göra guld av sand. Rodrigo och Koch känns spontant som klassvärvningar

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #268 på: August 30, 2020, 09:36:35 »
En annen viktig forskjell før og etter Bielsa er at det nå er Bielsa som velger/ godkjenner spillere. Thomas Christiansen måtte godta det han fikk tildelt av Orta. Det var ikke alltid vellykket.

Dette stemmer ikke med slik Orta fremstiller det. Han har alltid fått godkjennelse hos hovedtrener før noen ble hentet - ellers er det jo liten vits i å hente noen hvis de ikke blir brukt.

Noe annet er at Bielsa har langt mer tyngde bak 'protestene' sine, en mer uerfaren trener godtok nok i større grad spiilere han ble tilbudt.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Eriksen55

« Svar #269 på: August 30, 2020, 09:41:04 »

Dette stemmer ikke med slik Orta fremstiller det. Han har alltid fått godkjennelse hos hovedtrener før noen ble hentet - ellers er det jo liten vits i å hente noen hvis de ikke blir brukt.

Noe annet er at Bielsa har langt mer tyngde bak 'protestene' sine, en mer uerfaren trener godtok nok i større grad spiilere han ble tilbudt.

TC sa også dette. Ingen spillere ble hentet uten at han godljente det.