LUSCOS Forum > Ordet er fritt

Spiller: Jamie Shackleton

(1/18) > >>

Promotion 2010:
Han her spåes en stor fremtid:

"I've played on the wing before when I was younger but never wing-back. I don't mind it, it suits my game and I am enjoying it." - Jamie Shackleton embracing life at Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds United. #lufc

Promotion 2010:
Leeds United youngster Shackleton embracing life under Marcelo Bielsa

Joe Urquhart
Published: 11:40 Friday 27 July 2018
Leeds United youngster Jamie Shackleton has revealed he is embracing life and his new position under Whites boss Marcelo Bielsa at Elland Road.

The 18-year-old has featured heavily throughout pre-season for United and was called upon once more during Thursday's 4-3 win over National League North side Guiseley at Nethermoor Park.

Jamie Shackleton in action against Oxford United.
Jamie Shackleton in action against Oxford United.
Shackleton, who is a product of the Leeds academy and is yet to make a senior appearance for the club, has revealed he is loving life at Thorp Arch in the first-team ranks and is embracing his new position as a wing-back away from his preferred role in midfield.

"I've played on the wing before when I was younger but never wing-back," Shackleton told LUTV.

"I don't mind it to be fair it suits my game and I am enjoying it. I've enjoyed pre-season. Working on the shape work, it's a new position for me, I've enjoyed it and the games as well."

Asked whether he had taken much from new boss Bielsa during the course of pre-season, Shackleton replied: "A lot. The tactics that we have worked on and the movements and this new position, I've learnt a lot in a short space of time and hopefully I can take that forward into this season.

"I've obviously played with Pearcey, Ronny and Paudie and to see them go on and play in the first-team, it shows that it's not too far away - seeing lads that I have played with go and do it. It's good to see. Hopefully I can make that next step.

"It gives you something to strive for to come out every game and do your best."

Promotion 2010:
Deancore om Derby borte

Phillips was insanely good again. Shackleton looked classy. Bonkers this

Vi kan selge Vieira når vi har en sånn unggutt på gang!

Promotion 2010:
Adam Pope

MB instruction to Shackleton as he made his debut was to bring balance to the game & keep possession. #lufc

8)

Promotion 2010:
Louise Shackleton

There are no words to explain how proud of you we all are @jamieshackk  truly and utterly deserved with all of the hard work and dedication you have put in. Many more to come. ALAW

Navigering

[0] Oversikt

[#] Neste side

Skift til full visning