Skrevet av Emne: Tema: Marcelo Bielsas pressekonferanser  (Lest 26588 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Promotion 2010

Tema: Marcelo Bielsas pressekonferanser
« på: August 03, 2018, 13:07:06 »
Her kan vi legge inn ALT fra pressekonferansen til Marcelo Bielsa!  :)

« Siste redigering: Oktober 27, 2018, 08:42:08 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

Sv: Tema: Marcelo Bielsas pressekonferanser
« Svar #1 på: August 03, 2018, 13:10:20 »
Fra første konferanse 25.juni 2018:

Presser In full:

Leeds United news LIVE: Recap of everything Marcelo Bielsa said in fascinating 90 minute press conference ...

Leeds United's new head coach Marcelo Bielsa will meet the press for the first time this afternoon, as the club get set to introduce the former Argentina and Chile boss to the media at an Elland Road press conference at 2pm.

It promises to be a fascinating occasion with journalists from across the globe heading to Yorkshire to see how the respected coach plans to tackle the job of getting Leeds United back into the Premier League.

We'll be in place at the Whites' stadium to bring you everything that the new man has to say on his Leeds United masterplan, how he plans to approach pre-season, the work he has put in already and more.

Plus we'll bring you all the latest transfer news and other developments from the club so stay tuned.

Key Events

Bielsa on his English 17:11
How many new signings do you need? 14:10
17:11Key Event

Bielsa on his English

English lessons will play an important part in Marcelo Bielsa’s first months at Leeds United with the hope he will be fluent by the end of the season.

The Argentinian has already been devoting several hours every day for the past three weeks to learning the language, but it will be some time before he tries to speak English in public.

It is understood he will use the example shown by Mauricio Pochettino, a close friend and acolyte, when he first came to the UK.

Read more here

Marcelo Bielsa during the press conference at Elland Road, Leeds on Monday June 25, 2018.(Image: Mike Egerton/PA Wire)
16:45

Bielsa's key points

We’ll have plenty more reaction to Bielsa’s press conference for you shortly, but here’s a summery of some of the main lines:

His squad needs to be strengthened in ‘four or five areas’
He is willing to let as many as 15 players leave
His team will attack
He watched every one of Leeds’ 51 matches last season - plus their post-season friendlies in Myanmar
Video analysis is hugely important
He knows ‘everything a foreigner could know about Leeds United’
16:37

Our take on Bielsa's presser

We’ve been live on Facebook to discuss what we made of this afternoon’s press conference.

Have a watch here...

15:36

Photo ops...

And now onto some snaps that will be appearing on tomorrow’s back pages..

15:22

That's all for now...

Stick around though, plenty more to come...

15:21

Is he a Clough and Revie man?

Who did he prefer? Don’t get this one wrong Marcelo...

In terms of winning the right way, I prefer to lose than cheat or play tricks.

I prefer beautiful football rather than over -pragmatic football. You’re not allowed to play outside the rules, it doesn’t bring you trophies.

Playing well brings you closer to winning things.

I don’t think we can claim playing badly is a means to an end to win.

15:19

Can he get Leeds playing in his no-nonsense style?

Yes, when you come to an environment like this everything is done in a very professional manner.

Is Leeds known for being hard working? I thought the industrial north was higher up the country.

15:17

On pre-season friendlies

Is he happy with them?

I know the level at which our future opponents compete at. And I cant comment on the exact standard as I’ve not seen a lot. But I trust the people who set them u

15:16

Which players is he most looking forward to working with?

We can’t single out players, even in a good sense because we never get forgiven. I’ve got opinions but I’m not going to speak about them.

For a start this press conference is all too much about me, and this isn’t a good thing for manager-player relations. Speaking as much as I have been just now is not good for the job I’ve got ahead of me.

15:15

What has he said so far?

It’s trying to communicate a style, a way of playing. That’s the key, conveying that style.

15:14

What about your contact with the players?

We said hello, greeted each other this morning.

15:14

How does he interpret the 'El Loco' nickname?

I’ve got a prepared answer I’ve had a while for this one.

I was first given it because maybe my style of giving replies in press conferences was different to most managers. I don’t know if you believe that?

15:12

What does he think about the Championship?

I’ve heard it’s the 6th or 7th best league in the world. Talking about the stadia - I’ve seen stadia that only hold 10,000 but they’re great. They add a bit more sauce to the occasion. They’re all good.

I guess in my experience, it’s been the classic stadium like Fulham, now you see the massive futuristic stadia.

What is key for me is I’ve got a real flavour for it and can’t wait to get started.

15:10

How is his English coming on?

I’ve got lots to thank my mother for, but she sent me to English classes for 15 years.

I will try. But I said the same in France and didn’t manage it.

15:09

On Messi

There’s nobody better placed than Messi to tell you how he feels. He has to pass an exam every time. He is where he is because he demonstates his quality at every point. I hope with all my strength he demonstates what he can do tomorrow.

All of us who love him are sending us his best wishes for tomorrow,

15:08

Bielsa brings the bants

This is the first time I have been in charge of a club for six months, are you worn out?

Bielsa asks the translator if he’s tiring him out yet. We’re almost 70 minutes in here.

15:07

On Argentina again

We can answer your question with this reply: Doing the rounds in the Argentina media is a start from Tata Martino about how hard it is to do the job because of the demands placed on them by the national media. I have 100% confidence in them and that’s not me hoping it will happen, that’s based on fact. I think the players will find a way out of this situation.

The management team have more than enough experience and knowledge to get them out of this situation so the players themselves and the coach need to feel the support of us and the fans. I think they need to feel the love and support of everyone. We support them and are right behind them.

I’m on board with what Martino has said but I’m probably not the best qualified person to be asking about this currently because back in 2002 I was in charge and we were knocked out in the group stages, which gives me doubts about whatever is said. To turn things around, I think the words of Martino sum up perfectly what Argentina need. Love and support.

15:02

On getting the Thorp Arch blueprints

My daughter told me not to talk about it. I’ve been told not to speak about building work. It’s a top class training centre that doesn’t need any tinkering with or alterations.

It might be a slight alteration here or there but nothing major.

Will the players be sleeping there?

Not thought of that yet - I might be taking that as a suggestion.

15:00

Bielsa on the Champions League days

Next up is a question about what he knows about the Champions League days and subsequent decline:

I think you always imagine being part of some success and that motivates you makes you emotional.

14:59

What influence did Ivan Bravo have?

A question about Bielsa’s coaching at the Inspire Academy and if that came into play here:

We all know, anyone involved in football knows the prestige Bravo has in the game, but I didn’t get in contract with him about coming here. I don’t want create any problem in the future for him but the president and Orta believed in me. And if it goes well it will be down to me and if it goes badly it will be down to them.

14:57

How important is the video analysis?

And what research have you done into the club and city?

Watching games with your analysing head on, the more matches you watch, it reduces the chance you might be wrong about an idea you had. It doesn’t mean you’re less likely to make a mistake, but it makes you think you haven’t made a mistake.

It’s invaluable in the game. It can tell you the No2 might play various positions across the back, right, left, middle or has filled in at centre half and midfield also.

The way the team is structure - for example, the length that a player runs, I could give you loads and loads more conclusions from watching this footage but it would be vain of me to do so.

What I can tell you is what happens when you do watch these 51 games - and I enjoyed it - certainly I see it as a professional obligation to look into thing which such detail. I have’t done it for the sake of it.

Whether I’m right or not, they have generated hundreds of certainties, I’ve got a lot of conclusions from it.

14:53

What needs to change from last year?

I don’t really like to evaluate or give opinions on games or seasons I didn;t take part in. Not fair to make comments on fellow managers, players, teams you’re not involved in.

14:52

What about the Elland Road atmosphere?

I know everything I could possibly know as a foreigner and what it means to supporters of this country.

I was given a list of instructions here of how I should speak and I think I’ve lost it.

It mentioned that Leeds United had the biggest attendances in the league last season, although VIlla had bigger crowds but I think it tipped over the figure because they were in the play-offs. I know because people have told me at the club, but I know for myself Leeds take huge amounts of support away and I know the team means an awful lot for the city.

In Bilbao, a place that has left a huge mark on my life, not the biggest mark on my life, because the team who leaves the biggest mark is your first club, Newell’s Old Boys in my case, but the phrase you head most walking around Bilbao is ‘I’m a season ticket holder’. It’s like a statement of what you are. A way of identifying yourself. There are lots of people of British descent living in the Bilbao area.

I’m really excited that’s it’s going to be the same here.

The fans support their home town in the same way. Working in football gives you a chance to see just how a city and group of fans can identify with each other. The fans become part of the club - that’s what I’ve been told here.

14:47

How important is Leeds' start to the season?

Next up is a question on Leeds’ start:

There are no easy games in football. We are naturally optimistic most of the time. For me, having my first game at home and to have the kind of belief and excitement in what’s going to be a sell-out crowd and make it like a ‘Premier League’ game, which makes me really excited.

14:45

MB on Lille

A question on Lille and his time in France:

Marseille was an unforgettable memory for me. Experiencing the Stade Velodrome on matchday was one of the most enjoyable experiences football can give you. ON a football front Lille was the saddest moments of my career. Not because of the place, the city is lovely and very welcoming and certainly not because of the footballers who I had huge amounts of time for. Fans would always get behind the side. And also the staff, you can’t split them out of the institution, they fit part of the texture of the club. But apart from all that, my self esteem as a manager more than any time during my career really suffered.

And not in the main because of the results on the field which if you were to look and take them seperately would be enough to damage my self esteem because I was removed from my position with the team in 19th place but I only played 20% of the games for the period which I was under contract.

14:41

And now a question in Spanish from a Bilbao journalist - which fortunately for your humble blogger who only has a French GCSE is being translated.

I’m not aware of any manager who expresses himself in such perfect and detailed language. Is this a major worry for you or a small worry?

And here’s Bielsa’s answer

The person who will be more interested in this reply is myself or the man who asked it. But I’m sorry, I can’t be brief.

I’m very conscious of the spoken or written word in getting your point across.

Basically, an artist of the written word, a Basque journalist called Balligara [no way I’ve spelt that right - sorry folks], I recommend you have a read.

Getting players to play and appealing to their emotions, getting your message across to players in management is all about that.

I think the biggest factor which gets players playing is emotion and if you speak sincerely, words and how you express yourself goes hand in hand with activating those football emotions.

So if you do struggle in a particular language, it’s unmistakable that you have a difficulty.

But there are other ways to show how you feel apart from the written word. Although I was working in Bilbao which shares a language but has a different culture to Spain, France is a different language and culture but I think I managed to get my point across in both those countries and found the essence which motivates players.

I think the tradition present in English football is a value which is guaranteed. Here, values and tradition in football are very consistent with each other. I think I’m confident enough to believe that messages will be conveyed and reach the players.

14:35

Was the delay in signing a contract due to budget issues or something else?

I’m very meticulous and careful on these processes. And having spoken with Victor Orta and the president I’ve found people who are very keen on taking a different direction in a sporting sense. I was very conscious that they weren’t going to promise something they couldn’t fulfil so I just wanted to describe everything carefully from the start so I wouldn’t surprise them down the line.

I’ve already tired the translate out.

14:33

What sort of budget do you have?

I’ve spoke long with the director of football and club president about what we need and what our aims are and we all agreed the three of us that these needs and objectives were to be highly exaggerated and we could find solutions.

But in terms of putting these decisions into practice, this is beyond my job spec and I’m extremely confident that these issues will be sorted out in a very positive way.

14:31

What do you make of Pep and Poch's praise for your methods?

And will these methods benefit the England team?

I don’t want to be accused of false modesty.

So false modesty is when you say something to make the listener draw something else from the conversation. I don’t like false modesty.

Guardiola is the best coach in the world and his ideas have been created by he himself.

In any of his teams, any traits, all I’ve ever seen are his own ideas.

As for Pochettino, he’s built his own career and he’s built up his own style which really is quite unique to him when you see his teams play.

I think these two guys might be references. I think the fact they are references to other people is more than that fact I’ve been references to them.

I’ve studied their style in depth. I’m not just been humble or modest.

14:28

Have you told any players they aren't needed?

I’ve seen all 51 games played last season, plus the friendlies in Asia. I’ve got opinions and made my mind up about all the players.

But I’ve not had that day to day contact with them that the club has already enjoyed.

In the same way I might get recommendations about new players, I’ve also been informed about the club’s position on how you evaluate the existing playing staff.

If the club have certain players they do not want to keep, they wouldn’t be players I’m trying to keep.

In terms of any player who might be leaving the club, I wouldn’t want to confuse the issue by giving an negative evaluation and description of the player, even though it might seem like that, so I’l go back to what I was saying before, the players I want to keep are the ones I want to give lots of playing time to.

The club have 15 players more than they need. And we still need 4 or 5 different positions on the field where we need to strengthen. I think moving forward in a football sense, the squad shouldn’t be too numerous, too many players who aren’t getting game time.

So there might be some departures so the amount of players isn’t too excessive.

Anybody leaving it will be more due to the fact I like a trimmed down, lean squad and the numbers in the squad so everyone is getting regular game time.

I can’t ignore the fact there are 46 games in this competition and the potential that 18-20 weeks where you play two games per week if we’ve made progress in the cup completions.

But we have one or two youngsters who could be available in this situation so that we can add those to the squad as a whole but we might need to add one or two more players.

These long replies, we go around the houses in our answers in order not to name any names.

14:21

Which players have you told are not good enough?

That is the ideal skillset. No player anywhere fits that bill.

What I will say is we’re trying to keep players who will get plenty of playing time. They will feature. They will get plenty of game time.

The question that you just asked me I’m convinced will be the prologue to another more complicated question.

14:20

What sort of players do you need to be successful?

I think a team is made up about of all the qualities that you see from a myriad of players.

Maybe I cold just give you a short summary of what an ‘ideal player’ is like:

Mental strength

Sufficient ability on the ball

Being bright enough to interpret different styles of play

Strong physically and brave

A competitive spirit

14:18

What will be your measure of success this season?

There are many ways to ask questions, but we find it impossible to answer. We cannot answer. I’ve kind of already answered that question in a similar way.

I think setting parameters and objectives in advance, I don’t think it’s the ideal message of support for the people who are the end users of the message, which are of course, our fans.

The club with the history of this club, they know how to measure success and failure at the end of the season.

I think that if you try to predict the future you’re becoming a demagogue rather than a football coach, so it’s not great to make statements of intent at this stage.

I much prefer to try and demonstrate and give examples rather than predict.

14:16
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #2 på: August 03, 2018, 13:11:13 »
Part 2:

14:16

What about Argentina at the World Cup?

Onto the World Cup next. What does he make of Argentina’s struggles?

I think we’re going to see the best of Argentina from tomorrow onwards. I firmly believe in the quality of the players.

And in particular Messi’s leadership which I believe will come to the fore and be evident.

I’m convinced also by the knowledge of the backroom staff and the management team. Their wisdom and knowledge will show itself.

I think the two matches we’ve seen so far will be used as a grounding to put in a style of play that the national team wants to see.

They will move on in a positive way.

I’ve got a huge amount of faith in both the coach and the staff and also the players. From tomorrow you will see a different style of performance.

14:13

Do you believe you will get Leeds promoted?

The next question is about promotion.

It’s imprudent to promise something you cannot be certain about.

But at the same time it would be impossible not to dream about it.

To give sense to any project like this in a football sense, what drives you is having that desire, hope, belief that you carry out everything that everyone wants.

14:12

Any advice from Pep or Poch?

Have you spoken to Pep or Poch?

I’ve not had a physical conversation but I’m aware of what they say in the media all the time.

As you’re aware, those two guys are in love with everything about the English game.

So everything I’ve gleaned from the comments they have made has always been absolutely positive.

14:10Key Event

How many new signings do you need?

Transfers next - have you identified any players and how many do you want to bring in?

For the moment we’re not intending to bring too many new faces in.

From my point of view the club currently have many players on the books who should remain.

In terms of the transfer process I get names from Victor Orta, I then give my opinion on them. If we arrive at an agreement and are on the same page moving forward, that’s when the process starts.

14:08

What can the players and fans expect?

He’s asked how he can implement his style of football and what the players and fans can expect.

I think we almost have an obligation of managers to do what we think is right. If we don’t believe then we can’t do it ourselves.

I believe that the players have enough ability about them to take on board what I tell them and can put this into practice on the field.

As regards what the fans can expect, I think they want the protagonists out there on the field, rather than talking about what might happen.

I want people to take the game by the scruff of the neck, want to win the game.

The fans will see the kind of football where the ball is on the floor. As we work the ball forward we will keep it on the ground.

They will see loyalty, faithfulness from the players in trying to do what we tell them out on the field.

This is the aim at this stage.

It’s all about learning how to deal with situations where you aren’t on top.

14:04

Why did he decide to join Leeds?

He’s first asked why Leeds and what they did to convince him to join.

It was a case of me convincing myself, no one had to convince me.

I was convinced by the strength of Leeds United as a club and institution and the possibilities of Leeds in a sporting sense.

I looked from a sporting point of view. Those things came about together to help me make my choice.

14:02

Here he is...

Andrea Radrizzani leads Marcelo Bielsa out.

The chairman wishes everyone well - dropping in a joke about the Costa del Yorkshire.

‘Marcelo had other options, but he has chased the dream of bringing Leeds United back to the Premier League.’

13:57

Plenty of people here...

This press conference could last a while.

13:54

Five minutes to go...

You get the impression that Bielsa is a punctual man, so get comfy chaps and chapesses, as we’ll be kicking off shortly.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #3 på: August 03, 2018, 13:18:27 »
Fortsatt fra FØRSTE pressekonferanse: YEPs referat!

Leeds United too big a job to turn down for meticulous Marcelo Bielsa

Phil Hay
Published: 15:29 Monday 25 June 2018
 Marcelo Bielsa. Picture: Getty Images
Marcelo Bielsa. Picture: Getty Images
New Leeds United head coach Marcelo Bielsa said he had been drawn to the job by the “strength of the club and the institution” and promised to keep faith with his philosophy in the Championship after being formally unveiled at Elland Road.

Speaking for the first time since agreeing a two-year contract with Leeds, Bielsa vowed to build a team who would take games “by the scuff of the neck” and said he had taken his first managerial post in England with the dream of ending United’s 14-year Premier League exile.

Bielsa, the former Argentina and Chile boss, was appointed by United more than a week ago but flew in from South America on Saturday and met the club’s players at Thorp Arch for the first time this morning.

The legendary 62-year-old was United’s ambitious choice to replace Paul Heckingbottom and accepted the position after more than two weeks of intense negotiations over his contract.

“It was a case of me convincing myself,” said Bielsa, speaking through a translator at a press conference this afternoon. “No-one had to convince me. I was convinced by the strength of Leeds United as a club and an institution, and on the field in a sporting sense. I looked at things from a football point of view.

“I’m very meticulous and careful in these processes. Having spoken with Victor Orta and the president (Andrea Radrizzani) I found two people very keen to look at the direction of the club in a sporting sense. I was very conscious they weren’t going to promise something that they couldn’t fulfil so I wanted to describe every detail about me from the word go so that they would not be surprised by anything.”

It’s imprudent to promise something when there are so many uncertainties, but at the same time not to be impossible dreaming about that happening.

Marcelo Bielsa
Bielsa’s is renowned as one of the world’s most innovative coaches and Leeds made him the highest-paid coach in their history by offering him a salary in excess of £2m.

The appointment was a response to the club’s 13th-placed finish in the Championship last season, Radrizzani’s first as club owner, and Bielsa vowed to tackle the division with his traditional brand of expansive, attacking football.

“We almost have an obligation as managers to put into place what we believe in,” he said. “We cannot have obligations in other people to believe it if we don’t believe in it ourselves.

“I believe that the players have enough ability to take on board what I’m saying and to take on board my beliefs and actions on the field

“As regards what the fans can expect, I think they want protagonists on the field rather than just talking about what might happen I want people to take the game by the scruff of the neck - time with possession on the ball rather than fighting to win it back.”

Asked about his expectation of promotion next season, Bielsa said: “I think if you are trying to predict the future you are almost becoming a demagogue rather than a football coach. It’s better to be reasonable and measured and not give sweeping predictions.

“It’s imprudent to promise something you cannot be totally certain of. But at the same time, it would be impossible not to be dreaming about that. What drives you is having the desire, hope and belief that you can carry out what everyone wants.”

Bielsa indicated that as many as 15 players could leave Leeds this season and said he wanted to see the squad strengthened in “four or five positions”.

The Argentinian, however, gave the current squad a vote of confidence, saying: “For the moment we’re not intending to bring too many new faces in. From my point of view the club have got plenty of players I feel should remain here, who we should keep.”

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #4 på: August 03, 2018, 13:26:40 »
Pressekonferanse før Stoke hjemme:

Les fra bunnen og opp!  ;)

And that's it!
45 minutes in total with Marcelo Bielsa who was extremely interesting and very happy to field lots of questions. Striker Patrick Bamford up next in about ten minutes.
The challenge of getting Leeds back to the Premier League
I always manage the challenge with the emotion that it produces in me. Having been coach of Newell's Old Boys was the most happiest moment in my career. I worked there two times and they were very big challenges. I worked also in Bilbao which is a unique reference. I worked also in Marsielle and it is impossible that the atmosphere of the stadium doesn't move the people who go there. I am sure this possibility will have many ingredients similar to the club I just mentioned. Football is a surge for strong emotions and at the end of the day with football what you remember is emotions. It's better to have emotions than count money. Sometimes we learn this late. When you have enough money, emotions are a lot more important.
Bielsa now cracking jokes
The rules say that after half an hour we have to end the press conference because after 30 minutes the attention decreases. So please don't feel bored!
Bielsa now cracking jokes
The rules say that after half an hour we have to end the press conference because after 30 minutes the attention decreases. So please don't feel bored!
Why did you come to this job?
The project of Leeds, the line of work that Victor Orta proposed to me, the history of the club, the importance of the club, the support of the president to my ideas, made me think that this possibility to work here was bigger than I deserved. When they proposed to me something bigger than I deserved than I take it as a challenge.
Another of Bielsa - 35 minutes in now and everyone is loving it

Why did you come to this job?
The project of Leeds, the line of work that Victor Orta proposed to me, the history of the club, the importance of the club, the support of the president to my ideas, made me think that this possibility to work here was bigger than I deserved. When they proposed to me something bigger than I deserved than I take it as a challenge.
Bielsa on the fans
I was well received by the fans. I visited a big fair where we had 60,000 people and this allowed me to get to know the region where I am now. In Argentina I live in the countryside and there are many similarities in Yorkshire.
Are this week's new signings fit enough to feature?
Yes. We analysed the work they did with their former clubs and we think they are fit enough to be in the group.
What did you think to the friendlies?
I don't want to give a lot of importance to the pre season games. We still have two days to show what we are able to do.
And here he is!

Will Vieira be replaced?
Usually I express my point of view on a decision. I am not sure if another player will come in for Ronaldo or not. What makes it more complicated is that Adam will be out for six to eight weeks so we will have to think about it.
Bielsa on the squad
We evaluated the season and our conclusions - mine and those of the club were similar. And the club decided more or less that 15 players could go and I agreed with the names of the players could go. I saw all the games of all the players but i didn't train them. It was important that the club and myself reached the same conclusions because my conclusion would have not been sufficient and the club had to take into account my point if view too. Taking this into account we took decisions together and more or less for each group of three players that could go, we had a player coming in. So we added to the group some youngsters and we have a group  of 25 players which is enough.
Bielsa on Vieira
The club decided to sell him and I adapt to this decision. I can't say that he is not a good player, he is a good player. If Sampdoria bought Ronaldo it indicated he is a good player and the sale of Ronaldo happens at the same time as the injury of another player Forshaw in a similar position. But we can find a solution. 
Enough centre backs
Berardi, Jansson, Cooper, Shaughnessy, Ayling - we have these players. Even if we have just Cooper and Jansson as central backs, Shaughnessy is a defensive midfielder but he can play as a centre back too. Berardi can play as a centre back and Phillips can. Ayling has played as a centre back. But if we could add another option in the centre of defence that would be good too.
Who will be no 1?
Farrell will be the goalkeeper. During the whole season there will be a competition between our three goalkeepers - Farrell, Blackman and Huffer. The fitness of Farrell today is superior to Blackman's but it's not the only reason. We will do what we have to do to get Blackman fit, it's an obligation so this will be the scenario.
Bielsa on the attention on him
Leeds and its history, if we compare the history of Leeds with my own history we will find out that the media attention regarding myself is not very important.
Is he nervous: "There is always tension when you have competition and if there is no tension I would be worried. The first game is our first challenge that will be able to show what we are able to do."
Bielsa on Jansson - he won't start on Sunday
"I don't think he will be a starter. He had three weeks vacation, he came back six days ago and I had to take this into account."
Bielsa on Gary Rowett and Stoke
The rival is interesting for me. But I don't consider details as a priority.
Are Stoke the toughest: "It's a strong rival but it would be risky to say it's the most important rival before the season because sometimes what we imagined before the season starts doesn't happen, doesn't occur. It's very hard to predict, I wouldn't dare to predict."
Bielsa on Phillips at centre back
The dynamic of the game, makes that the player above the tactical scheme. Sometimes he has to play in different zones of the pitch and if different positions. A defensive midfielder for example can become a third centre back. It's the result of the dynamics of the game and it's also the product of a fixed scheme of three centre backs. Kalvin Phillips doesn't have a problem playing in both positions. Last pre-season the team never played with three centre backs but during last season he also had to play as a third centre back when the evolution of the game demanded it.
'Heart, mind and legs'
My style is not better or worse than others. It's the style I can transmit because it's the style I believe in. You cannot convince players if you do not truly believe what you say. The footballers are a mix of three things - heart, mind and legs.
Bielsa on the project
We want to impose our style and the idea is to play in the opponent's side. That means we will dominate our opponent if we can impose this idea. Our idea is to attack more than to defend. We try to link the three lines of our team without making any long balls or playing any long balls. These are our goals. But the opponent - there are moments in the game - could make us do things different to those that we planned.
Bielsa on Stoke
"We always imagined that we would have a hard game. It's always the same message, we have to show our fans that we are ambitious."
Bielsa on Forshaw
On Forshaw: "He will be back in about six to eight weeks. I could specify but it's not my speciality. He had an injury on the ligament of his foot. It's a bizarre injury. It's not bad news for the team because Adam Forshaw is a big player, a great player. But it's not very bad news because we have other solutions to this position."
Bielsa:
"We have a project and we know what we want to do. I am glad with all the work we have done so far. Of course we will have a better idea when we see the competition."
Is he happy with the squad: "I am happy with the team and if we can have some more players I will accept it."
Bielsa starts in English!
I want to say that my English is bad, I would be embarrassed if I heard me speaking it. But I will improve.
11.28am: Busy, busy

Probably around four times the amount of media here than normal, reporters from Italy, all sorts.
 11.24am: The scene is set

11.15am: Welcome from Thorp Arch!
There's not surprisingly a larger than normal media presence for Marcelo Bielsa's first pre-match press conference which is due to start at around 11.30am.
Marcelo Bielsa and Patrick Bamford meet the media at 11/11:30am
We'll have live updates from Thorp Arch right here. Stay tuned...
« Siste redigering: August 03, 2018, 13:48:59 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #5 på: August 03, 2018, 13:41:01 »
White Answers

Bielsa speaking with great gravitas, intelligence, charisma and authority, yet still remaining very respectful and humble. What a guy.

8)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #6 på: August 03, 2018, 13:47:26 »
Tok tydeligvis et stort pressekorps med storm.  :)
Merket meg denne. Han sier vi har godt med altrrnativer på midtstopper plass men: «But if we could add another option in the centre of defence that would be good too.»
Jon R.

RoarG

« Svar #7 på: August 03, 2018, 14:03:06 »
Tok tydeligvis et stort pressekorps med storm.  :)
Merket meg denne. Han sier vi har godt med altrrnativer på midtstopper plass men: «But if we could add another option in the centre of defence that would be good too.»
Virket som en jordnær type.
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #8 på: August 09, 2018, 19:43:32 »
Før kampen borte mot Derby County:

Best examples
Peacock-Farrell says Bielsa is making the players watch videos of clubs like Man City, Barcelona and Bayern Munich to study the way they play, and pass and move
12.40m: Bailey Peacock-Farrell faces the press

On having the no 1 jersey
I know some people aren't fussed. I quite like the traditional no 1 and I am sure the kit man does as well, it makes it easier for him with having to print my long name!
What did you think when Jamal Blackman signed?
I was expecting a keeper to sign. It's one of those things, you have got competition for all places in the team. We get on really well, it's good competition and we are enjoying training together.
Bailey Peacock-Farrell on the win v Stoke
I know what the lads are capable of and that's what we have been working on in pre-season. I am just pleased we could translate our methods on to the pitch.
That's it from Bielsa
Fair play to him for going into great detail about some of the tactical questions - and also on the size of the squad. Bailey Peacock-Farrell up next.
Quad injury for Dallas
Two weeks out
Can you play the same way away from home?
This is my goal. Usually the goals, you balance the goals depending on the behaviour of the opponent. If both teams wants to have the initiative it's not the same as when one team dominates and the other waits for the opportunity. Let's imagine the opposite is when a team waits for the rival. If both teams wait for the opponent we will have a big empty zone in the middle. If you have a team that wants to impose its style it's easier to play like that. But if both teams wait or if both teams have big ambitions, it's harder to impose your identity like that.
Liam Cooper/the captaincy
The captain represents the footballers. I don't choose the captain. From my point of view the captain has to be chosen by the ones he will be representing. As an observer, I think he is a great captain but the most important point of view is the point of view of the players.
How difficult to maintain that intensity?
"Everyone knows that English football has a special characteristic which is the intensity. I don't think it will be a difficulty to do something that English football already does naturally. There are many games but we have two players for each position. I hope we will have the knowledge to combine all the resources."
Is the squad too small/a risk? "Your question makes me think. I think it won't be a problem. But if some people see the problem from a different perspective I will have to take this into account. Because the experience of the knowledge in the Championship has to be taken into consideration. I suppose you make these questions because you know the Championship competition. I think that 50 games in ten months, it's not a figure that 20 or 18 players can't reach. But I'd like to express this precise point: the physical performance it also has to do with the mind. When you have many possibilities to play regularly it gives you a better state of mind. When you have more than 22 players, in some positions instead of having two possibilities you have three, this diminishes the enthusiasm. Usually I always think about 18 starters and four players that can wait a little bit before playing. We also take into consideration two or three players more, for example Clarke, Edmondson, that make a group of 25 players."
How good was the Stoke display?
The game was a stable game. The game didn't have many ups and downs and we dominated the most part of the game. The two aspects that characterise us more are that we get the ball back very fast and we make many passes building from the back before finishing the action.
Did it exceed expectations: "We can talk about styles but making many passes is not something very new. Trying to get the ball back is something very important in the game. I don't think what we propose is that new. In the moments that Stoke City dominated the game is when we couldn't prevent them from making ten passes. That makes me think that the game is not that different and the goals are pretty similar for each team."
On Lampard/Derby again
The head coach of Derby is a glory of English football and this always has a big influence on a team. Derby County is one of six most important teams in this Championship. Derby County deserves special respect.
Why no big celebrations?
In any case what you celebrate is the victory more than the goals you score. As a head coach I think I should celebrate privately not publicly. The ones that celebrate publicly should be the players and the fans.
On Jansson..
He is improving every day, he is getting closer to his best fitness and condition. And he is a possibility to be a right central back or left central back.
On Saiz..
He is a player that can create a lack of balance for the rival, he is a creative player. He has the capacity to find solutions by himself. And this makes him a special player. We saw during the game against Stoke he was a special player.
On his attitude: "It's a very good one. I saw he was very enthusiastic and very confident in his skills."
What 4 youngsters do you mean in the squad? Which are the 4 you rate the highest?
Pearce is one of the youngsters. Tyler Roberts is a young player too. Shackleton is also a youngster. Shaughnessy also belongs to this group. It's not only about the age but also the experience of the player in the first team.

On his bucket
I'm surprised that people talk about it.
Team news/Dallas out
If everything goes well it will be the same team and we won't be able to use Dallas.
He has an injury and he won't be available for a certain period.
On Lampard/Derby
It's a different game because it is an away game, not a home game. We will have to try and repeat the best moments of our first game and we will have to try and make these best moments longer moments. We will see if we can repeat what we did in the home game, we will see if we can do it in an away game. Our intentions are the same.
Where do you need to strengthen?
Usually I like to have two players for every position. Out of a group of 22 players, I like 18 players have the same level. And I like to have four youngsters that can improve their level to become part of the first team.
Can you maintain the intensity with this squad?
I am happy and to keep the intensity is the goal, we have to show that we are able to do this every game.
Bielsa on any transfer business today?
"I can't give you a definite answer. If I had something concrete I would let you know."
Are you a fan of the transfer window? "No."
Why - "I like when things are clear, I don't like periods of uncertainty."
11.24am: A bit different to last week!

A much smaller media presence this week compared to the 30 or 40 folk that were here for Bielsa'a pre-Stoke press conference. No sign even of Sky today. Just the die-hards.
 11.25am: The scene is set

One seat for Marcelo Bielsa and another for translator Salim Lamrani. Due to start at 11.30am.
 11.10am: Welcome from Thorp Arch

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #9 på: August 16, 2018, 13:29:54 »
Adam Pope

Pre Rotherham press conference with Marcelo Bielsa will be at 5pm tonight. Bring you the details from Thorp Arch later. #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #10 på: August 16, 2018, 18:22:25 »
Marcelo Bielsa
Marcelo Bielsa press conference LIVE: updates from Leeds United's head coach
Beren Cross

Good afternoon
Welcome to Thorp Arch, Leeds United’s training ground, where Marcelo Bielsa faces the media ahead of Saturday’s match with Rotherham United.
We have been told to expect him from 5pm, brace yourself for updates and every question and answer.

Awaiting the main man
In place and awaiting the Argentinian’s arrival.

He's here - question on Rotherham
Yes, the style is different. It’s not the same as the first two opponents.
Their feature regarding their style of play, is they clear long balls, play long balls to the strikers and they don’t play with balls on the ground. This is the main difference, but it doesn’t mean it is going to be like that.
That’s why I don’t want to make any clear opinions on the style of our opponents.

Leeds are clear favourites for the first time
It’s very hard to implement a style of play. It’s not easy.
It becomes more difficult if you’re not consistent, if you don’t respect the style of play. Taking into account the features of the rival, we will play as we have done so far.
You think we are favourites, you’re supposing we should feel superior to our opponent and these things are never decided before playing the game.
As we’re about to play this game it’s better to demonstrate than to say. Regarding our team before playing, we never feel we are inferior to any other teams.

Team news
I think it will be the same starters.

Derby game
We have additional passion during derbies. The result has an impact on the fans and obviously we will take into account this reality.

Any transfer news
No. Honestly, no. As I said the last time. There is a possibility we could get one player or maybe two.

Kalvin Phillips
He’s a player who plays simple. He’s good from a defensive point of view. He has a very good long pass. He has a good orientation of the game. He is very good to get the ball from one space and put it into a better space. And when we are outnumbered he is very good defensively.

Where to play Phillips?
He has the skills to play more forward. He can score goals, he has the capacity to score goals, but now he allows us not to receive goals and it’s as good as scoring a goal when you protect your team. When you avoid receiving a goal it’s as good as scoring. One of the new things football has, which is not common yet, but now we celebrate when a defender saves a goal.
Let’s hope we will always celebrate the real goals.

If Phillips was injured?
We can see that you thought about this subject. What would you advise me?
Question - are there others who can do his job?
I know that you thought about the question because it’s hard to find someone in this position to do the job Phillips does. Maybe in that sense we haven’t drawn our team perfectly. Vieira was the player most similar to Phillips. I think Klich, Forshaw and Shaughnessy, with different profiles, they could play as a number four.
Klich scores, has the capacity to score, but he has less predilection for the defensive play than Phillips. Forshaw is a complete player, but he doesn’t have the physical dimension this position requires.
The third centre-back is the number four because if we take into account the full-backs are very offensive players. In our case, our number eights are very offensive too. Klich, Baker, Forshaw are all very offensive. We need a defensive midfielder with a lot of experience. The best thing for us is if Phillips to play every game. If not, we have Ayling who can play everywhere.

Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #11 på: August 16, 2018, 18:36:02 »

Adam Pope
@apopey
Training as definitely calmed down since the pre-season says MB. #lufc

Sophie Levin
@sophielevin11

Bielsa on the risk of injuries or suspensions: "otherwise, we have Luke Ayling who can solve every problem"

If this gets one like I will tattoo this onto my back

LS11 - Proper Leeds United
@LS11LUFC

Bielsa: "I think Klich, Forshaw and Shaughnessy with different profiles could play as a number 4, defensive player." #LUFC

@LS11LUFC
Bielsa on how training has changed his pre-season: "We train less, we train with less intensity the sessions are not that long and if they last as long as they did before we have more pauses to talk." #LUFC

@LS11LUFC
Bielsa on keeping the players motivated: "It's part of being a professional player players have to understand they can bring something to the team if they don't play. It's also part of the understanding of the profession that you can't play the whole championship with 11 players"

Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP
Bielsa on O'Kane/Ekuban/Anita futures: "When a player has a history as a footballer player, one way to respect them is to keep them inside the team if they have the possibility to play in another position. But if we have one position with three players, it's difficult."
Bielsa said he watched highlights of them last season and "listened to the opinion of the club" about them. Said it would have been "counter-productive" to involve players who had little chance of playing.

Bielsa says it's different with young players - he can have Shackleton/Edmondson etc on the fringes as 'third players' but not experienced pros like Anita/O'Kane etc. "Of course I can make mistake." Says that with Dallas injured, it would have been better to have Anita involved..
but it would be unfair to have a player with us if he can't get the time he deserves." #lufc

Bielsa says he doesn't know if O'Kane, Ekuban, Anita will definitely leave before the end of the window. #lufc

@LS11LUFC
Bielsa on players who haven't featured yet: "If we have one position and three players it's very difficult the third player gets time to play."

"We built a group where we have two players for each position, if we behaved in another way it would be counter productive..." #LUFC

Bielsa: "Of course I have to take decisions, the club took into account my opinion and of course I make mistakes but I don't want to make any mistakes because a footballer doesn't feel at ease." #LUFC

Phil Hay
@PhilHayYEP

Bielsa says he won't use his conections with Guardiola or Pochettino to land loan players before the window ends. It would be wrong to use a personal relationship for a professional reason. You don't have to manipulate these decisions."

Marcelo Bielsa
Marcelo Bielsa press conference LIVE: updates from Leeds United's head coach
Beren Cross
Del 2

Training intensity
We train less. We train with less intensity. The sessions are not that long. If they last the same amount of time, we have more pauses to talk to the players, but until now nobody has played twice per week apart from Ayling, Phillips and Saiz. Saiz didn’t play 90 minutes and Ayling played in a less demanding position.

More from Bielsa later
All finished now. We will have a full transcript from the head coach a little later this evening.
« Siste redigering: August 16, 2018, 18:38:29 av Asbjørn »
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Jon R

« Svar #12 på: August 16, 2018, 20:50:14 »
 Â« The third centre-back is the number four because if we take into account the full-backs are very offensive players. In our case, our number eights are very offensive too. Klich, Baker, Forshaw are all very offensive. We need a defensive midfielder with a lot of experience. The best thing for us is if Phillips to play every game. If not, we have Ayling who can play everywhere.»

I Bielsas Leeds United: Luke Ayling, den nye Paul Madeley? 8)
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #13 på: August 23, 2018, 19:28:56 »
Før Norwich borte:

En fascinerende pressekonferanse - det skriver både Phil Hay og kilden vår her, Leeds Live...
Pre Norwich pressekonferansen.

13:00

Any minute now...
Bielsa doesn’t normally keep us waiting, so I’d imagine he’ll be here any moment now...

13:02

Five minutes
Five minutes, we’re told with an apology.
Keep on holding on there...

13:08

Here's here...
And starts with an apology for being late.

13:08

Latest team news
Cooper won’t be able to play, neither Dallas, neither Forshaw and we’re waiting for mores regarding Jansson.

13:10

Is the squad being stretched?
No, not at all.
Because if we make the maths, we have four players less. Dallas, Forshaw and Cooper won’t be able to play. If we had a fourth one Jansson, but we already knew that and we also work with the under-23s and we have some players playing in this position who could offer us some solutions

13:16

Has anything about the Championship surprised Marcelo?
Before starting the competition you can draw up an analysis, a table, with the rankings before the games are being played. You can establish a ranking before the start of the Championship, taking into account the budget, quality of players, strength of the institution.
But then, when you play, the differences you see at the beginning are not evident, you don’t see them. There’s a term which says that you can win before playing because of the history you have as a club. They games you’ve played before. And this doesn’t happen in the Championship.
For example in the Premier League, it’s hard to find which teams will finish in the top six. It’s the same in Germany, Spain, Italy, France and this competition which is among the ten most important in the world does not respond to this logic.
I’m sorry to give you such a long answer.
13:13

Defensive problems against Swansea - are they resolved?
When we have a problem our hope is obviously to find a solution.
When we make a mistake, it allows us to detect it and try to find a solution.
I can’t assure you that the problem won’t happen again.
But when I can tell you is that when we are aware of a problem, we are in a better position to resolve it.
The problems I saw in the last game, we didn’t have them before but I take into account that Shackleton played in the position of Ayling, that Ayling played in the position of Cooper and in the position of Phillips, Klich played.
Usually Shackleton plays as a number 8, Ayling is a full-back and Klich is a mixed midfielder.
The three players just mentioned could play in the positions they played in the last game, the profile of the team was more offensive with these changes, the lack of coordination was more probable to happen, so it’s my job to find solutions

13:18

At half-time you take your subs in, rather than have them warm up - why?
This happens sometimes, not always.
And there are some messages I wold like to transmit and I would like all the players to listen to these messages.
During half-time we have ten minutes to give information during the game. As each player can participate during the the game, it’s normal that I want them to listen to what I have to say.
13:28

How pleased were you that the players stuck to their style at Swansea, despite being behind?
You know it’s not easy to change the style.
To transmit a style to a team, you need time to do that. To integrate a style, to assimilate a style, you need time. Sometimes it happens in a short time, sometimes you need more time.
And when you win games it makes it easier to assimilate the style because human beings believe more fastly to things which allow them to win.
The idea to have alternative plans which is considered a virtue, I don’t really share this point of view.
I think we have to do what gives us more possibilities. The goal is to do better, not to stop doing it and change the style.
Because when you know how to do different things would mean that you have to share the time available to share ideas in different goals. So it’s natural that the same function that two players with different features can do the same function.
But this doesn’t change the style.
Harrison is a winger who does deep movement. He always tries to find the ball behind the opponents.
Pablo is a winger who strengthens his play getting the ball before the line of the rivals.
Our style makes us play on the sides, but you can do this play in different ways.
You can play deep or make combinations and do that with other players, so as a matter of fact, our ambiton is to find more solutions to one problem, but the style is the same.
This question separates the world of football. I don’t think I am the master of the truth. I try to explain why I act like that. I know in the world of football, all the people don’t share my point of view.
As a common fact, the substitute don’t go to the conversation we have at half-time. So when this matter is brought to the table, what I say is not always the sub comes to hear what i have to say. But what I think, they should always be here to listen to what I have to say at half-time. Because the way we think the game, they won’t listen to how we think about the game.
So an alternative answer would be that football is easy, you have nothing to say about it. But we have to analyse the game. We have to analyse during 10 minutes the first half, so what would be the argument? What would be the reason for the sub not to share this moment? Common sense says they have to be here to hear what I have to say. This is my point of view. But we also have to take into account the POV of the people who think opposite.
What is really important is that football offers you different POVs on one same reality.
If we don;t understand that you have different POVs regarding one topic, your question would have been meaningless, but your question is interesting because we have different POVs on one situation, because you linked result with the style. But I didn’t say this, I say no, we need the style to get the results.
I have a lot of work with such a complex explanation.

13:37

So you have a plan A and you always stick to it - no plan B?
I study and I try to learn those who propose an alternative plan. My point of view, I’ve just explained during ten minutes.
I always analysis and study the other point of view to see if I have to change mine. But the thing I cannot do, I cannot do this because my job is to try and convince people on what I think that to transmit what produces triumph, good results on a specific moment. In order to convince people I have to believe in what I’m saying. Because the footballer only believes something he truly believes in.
Because when the footballer finds out the head coach was trying to convince you and doesn’t share the POV they were trying to convince you, it just abandons you.
I’m going to tell you a serious mistake I made. The kind you don’t forgive yourselves.
I was the head coach of a great striker, Crespo.
He was a very generous player. I trained him in two different moments, a young player and then when he was an experienced player.
When he was a young player I told him once that I thought he was a player with maturity, but I was lying to him. I was trying to strengthen his self-esteem.
Giving him a skill that I didn’t think he had. After some time when he got the maturity I told him now you’re really a mature player, not the same player as before.
What did he think? How come you told me I wasn’t mature before? You lied to me?
Because before you told me I was a strong player but you didn’t believe it. I cannot forgive. I’m right not to forgive myself.
I tell you this not to just tell you a stroy.
My goal is to publically apologise to Crespo because I know I didn’t tell him the truth. It was election forever, I learned that lecture, but I already knew it, because if you lie to your son in order that your son gets something from this artificial moment of strength, the lie, you will just resolve the problem for that day, that moment. But you will have actually weakened him in the future. Because you will have convinced him he has a feature he will only have for a small ammount of time. You have resources that you assimilate forever and this is having maturity.
But when you are not mature you can have some resources you will have when you a mature player, but only for short amount of time.
THe mistake I made with Crespo, to get him involved was to tell him he was like this forever and actually that did not work. Because he went even further than I told him before.
It’s a nice example because it’s Hernan Crespo. A very good player.

13:41

On Norwich's pink dressing room - do these tricks work?
The pink colour is linked to women. For babies when they are born, if it’s a boy we given them something blue, a girl, pink.
We can’t say that men can’t say that women are not a source of stimulation.
But this relationship, he stimulation between men and women happens between a man and a woman. Before a game you don’t have any colours which has a capacity to weaken the desire for training or competition.
The pink colour is a meaningful colour between the relationship between a man and woman, but not for a game.
We told our equipment colleagues to put some papaers up in the dressing room before they come.

13:42

What are you expecting from Norwich?
Norwich is a team that plays better than the points they have. And they won their first game and I think we will play against them and they will have enthusaism very high, which is good for us.

13:42

Many changes off the back of the busy schedule?
This coming Saturday, I don’t think so. For next Tuesday I’m sure.

13:46

How pleased with Bamford off the bench?
I’m very happy with the performance of Bamford’s last game. He had am impact on the game. Harrison had an impact, not as important as Bamford, and Baker too. And these three players gave vigour to the team.

13:50

How did Kalvin Phillips react to being substituted so early on?
Normally, he trained as usual.
I value and I appreciate his professionalism, his behaviour, when I took this decisions, which is not a frequent decision
You know there is an unwritten rule that resolves the relationship between footballers and the head coach because we are colleague.
I always analysis the decisions and when I make wrong decisions I always hope that my players do not show that I made a mistake.
We have different jobs but the player makes mistakes and I make mistakes too and we have to be tolerant when we make mistakes.
Usually I say I made a mistake, thank you for not letting me down.

13:58

And that's all from Bielsa...
Wow, where to start?
That was fascinating. Plenty to dig out of that. Stay tuned.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #14 på: August 23, 2018, 19:40:55 »
Wow! For en type!! :o
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #15 på: August 23, 2018, 20:59:34 »
Wow! For en type!! :o

Joe Urquharte

That was the best press conference ever. #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Kato

« Svar #16 på: August 23, 2018, 21:22:33 »
"The goal is to do better, not to stop doing it and change the style."

Jon R

« Svar #17 på: August 23, 2018, 21:45:01 »
Fy f.... Mannen er jo full av quotes for evigheten.  :D

Hva med denne forresten: «I always analysis the decisions and when I make wrong decisions I always hope that my players do not show that I made a mistake. We have different jobs but the player makes mistakes and I make mistakes too and we have to be tolerant when we make mistakes. Usually I say I made a mistake, thank you for not letting me down.» ;D ;D
Jon R.

stian

« Svar #18 på: August 23, 2018, 21:49:27 »
For ikke å snakke om den grundige analysen av fargen rosa... Eksentrisk kar.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #19 på: August 24, 2018, 13:19:10 »
Mye følelser i Sør-Amerika:

I’d Radebe Leeds
Hernan Crespo's "open letter" to Marcelo Bielsa following the comments made by Bielsa towards Crespo in yesterday's press conference. Mind is completely blown as to how we have this guy in charge of #lufc

Crespo TILGIR Bielsa.....

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #20 på: August 24, 2018, 13:24:14 »
Gentlemen!

Hernan Crespo responds to Leeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa's public apology

Phil Hay
Published: 10:24 Friday 24 August 2018
Hernan Crespo has accepted an apology from Marcelo Bielsa over an old fall-out between the pair and insisted he held no resentment over what he called “a tremendous disappointment to be deceived by a great leader by you.”

The former Argentina striker published a statement on Twitter this morning after Bielsa said sorry publicly to him yesterday over an incident which took place when Bielsa was manager of the Argentinian national side.

Hernan Crespo accepts Leeds United head coach Marcelo Bielsa's apology.
Hernan Crespo accepts Leeds United head coach Marcelo Bielsa's apology.
Speaking in his press conference ahead of Leeds United’s game at Norwich City tomorrow, Bielsa recalled how he had lied to a young Crespo, falsely talking up his maturity to boost his confidence and prepare him for the rigours of international football.

WATCH: Leeds United head coach Marcelo Bielsa's apology to Hernán Crespo in full

Several years later, Bielsa contradicted himself by telling a more experienced Crespo that he had grown up as a footballer, upsetting the striker in the process. Bielsa said it was “the kind of mistake you don’t forgive yourself for” and described it as “a lesson forever.”

“My goal is to publicly apologise to Crespo because I know I didn’t tell him the truth,” Bielsa said. “I’m right not to forgive myself.

“If you lie to your son now, in order that he gets something from artificial strength, you will resolve the problem for only that day. Instead of strengthening him you will have weakened him.

In his response today, Crespo left no doubt that the incident had upset him, saying he had given a “crude response” the last time the pair discussed it.

But the former Lazio and Chelsea striker, who played for Argentina throughout Bielsa’s six-year reign from 1998 to 2004, said he no longer held a grudge and regretted not resolving the fall-out sooner.

“Your apologies made me rewind through 14 years of pain I still have inside,” Crespo wrote. “That feeling made me write this letter.

“When you speak you run the risk that anger will push you to say an unfair word. Thinking, writing gives you time to reflect, even though it does not change what I felt. It was a tremendous disappointment to feel deceived by a leader like you. The sadness was as great as the esteem I had for you.

Plan B is plan A ... just done better for Marcelo Bielsa

“Like you, I never opened the doors of the changing rooms to the media or to the people. Today I do it publicly because of the words that came from Leeds. Of course, Marcelo, I accept your apology. I forgave you a long time ago, if I should forgive you. I'm sorry we did not do it personally, not even by phone. But it's never too late.

“We both know that you had already realised ‘the grave error’ long before this statement. It was clear the last time we discussed the subject. You remember how you talked to me and what my crude response was.

“The most important thing is the lesson from the situation we now remember. As you told us so many times, we must deal with the truth without deceiving the other. At the end of the road whoever does this is not only the best leader but also the most mature one.

“It made me happy to hear this Marcelo. I send you a hug.”
« Siste redigering: August 24, 2018, 13:25:51 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Torpe-do

« Svar #21 på: August 24, 2018, 14:03:24 »
"The pink colour is a meaningful colour between the relationship between a man and woman, but not for a game.
We told our equipment colleagues to put some papaers up in the dressing room before they come. "

;D ;D

Promotion 2010

« Svar #22 på: August 25, 2018, 18:32:06 »
Phil Hay

Bielsa on whether he can improve Hernandez as a player: "I think he can improve me as a coach." #lufc

Bielsa had loads to say about Hernandez. Said he's worked with very few players as effective out wide. "He's a silent leader. He improves every player around him and he does this without saying anything." #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #23 på: August 26, 2018, 08:11:32 »
25/8-2018, etter Norwich borte:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xqsplb35-EA

Ã… se dette gir litt mer enn å få høydepunktene på Twitter!

Bielsa har en utrolig personlighet! Han fremhever andre på en utsøkt måte!
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #24 på: August 29, 2018, 15:42:30 »
Før Middlesbrough på Elland Road:

Marcelo Bielsa full transcript: Every word the Leeds United boss said ahead of Middlesbrough game

The Whites' head coach served up more insight into how he sees the game

Leeds United press conference with new Argentine manager Marcelo Bielsa.
Bielsa spoke on Wednesday lunchtime (Image: Simon Morley)
Marcelo Bielsa gave another typically fascinating press conference on Wednesday afternoon, as the Leeds United boss turned his attention to a series of topics.

Friday night's showdown with Middlesbrough was top of the agenda with Bielsa also discussing injuries and transfers, but he also gave lengthy discourses on the matter of tactical styles and why he isn't too concerned by the early Championship table.

Here's every word from the Leeds head coach's 43-minutes press conference...

After last night's defeat, is the perfect game to bounce back?

There is no link between the two games without taking into account the defeat yesterday.

It won't affect the team's momentum, then?

We hope no. And we work for it.

Last game before the break - how important to be top?

Bielsa saw his side defeated for the first time on Tuesday evening
For us, the important thing is to win the game on Friday.

We don’t take into account the table at this moment of the competition.

How long before the table is meaningful?

The table is always important for us. What I wanted to say is the coming game on Friday is important by itself.

It’s not important because we can be first. It’s important by the game itself.

When I explain that the table is always important for us and at the same time I say we don’t look at the table so it looks like a contradiction, what I’m trying to explain the important thing is to finish the Championship in the best possible conditions or position.

If we take each segment of the competition and that’s what you propose me to do with your question and if we make segmented conclusions we will be making a mistake.

This conclusion I see in the media and the press taking the example of last season at the middle of the competition Leeds was third or fourth of the table and at the end they finished 13th. So there’s a reference to this situation. The content of the reference, the conclusion is not to get too enthusiastic right now and the idea is to keep doing what we doing until we reach our goal.

Lewis Baker applauds the fans after the match. Carabao Cup Second Round - Leeds United v Preston North End - Tuesday 28 August 2018 - Elland Road
Leeds host Boro on Friday night (Image: Alex Dodd/CameraSport)
We need to observe what is happening right now and this is expressed in two questions.

The first one is the defeat yesterday will have an impact for this coming game against Middlesbrough and the value we give to the position in the table of Leeds right now.

And as the goals are definitive ones, not partial ones I try to make a conclusion taking into account this reality.

What are you expecting from Middlesbrough? Will set pieces be key?

The aerial game is a feature of the Premiership and it has a lot of influence so I guess we’ll see again this feature during Friday’s game.

Any new loan arrivals before Friday?

I can’t give you a positive and answer and I can’t give you a negative one.

How did Marcelo react with the players after Preston? Was he angry with the performance?

Marcelo Bielsa looks dejected after his side went down 2-0. Carabao Cup Second Round - Leeds United v Preston North End - Tuesday 28 August 2018 - Elland Road
Bielsa says he is never angry with his players (Image: Alex Dodd/CameraSport)
No. I’m never angry at the players. I understand, I analyse, I try to help, I try to give solutions and I try to give value to the performance.

Is Marcelo's reaction to a defeat similar to a win or draw with the players?

When I lose I’m sad. And when I win I feel happy. With relations with the players, the previous answer I gave you is my conclusion with this.

In the game of yesterday we had three groups of players.

Young players, very young players. Experienced players. And players who are getting involved with the first team.

One thing that this loss produces is we lose a space in a competition. We lose the possibility to use this competition for the new players and we also lose the possibility to give experience to the young players.

During the game of yesterday we had the starting XI was very different from the one against Norwich. The team needs more than one player for each position. What we need is to have two players for each position. And we develop this process with training sessions an competitions. If you have a look at the team who played the most, the players are those who started the pre-season with us and players who have experience inside the institution. To add players to this basis we integrate footballers and we try to promote young players.

Broadly speaking we had 18 players and we added six players. These changes has an impact on those who are playing.

And we were developing this process between the Championship and the cup. And that’s why about the defeat I also regret that we lost because we lost this opportunity.

How much of a challenge will it be to give those players more minutes?

Daniel Johnson celebrates scoring his side's first goal. Carabao Cup second round - Leeds United v Preston North End - Tuesday 28 August 2018 - Elland Road
Bielsa made nine changes for Preston (Image: Rachel Holborn/CameraSport)
We have many resources. Training sessions each week, the under-23 competition. The needs we have when you have an injured player, a suspended player or a player who is not playing that well. So I think we’ll have opportunities for these players.

Where will the threat come from against Middlesbrough?

It’s a team which occupies the first place, the first ranking. They represent a very well worked style of play. the head coach is a recognised one, an experienced one. And we have a challenge between two teams with the same number of points and the two teams who occupy the first and second ranking. So these are all the ingredients you can add to this game.

What is the latest on Adam Forshaw and Liam Cooper's injuries?

Cooper has a possibility to play on Friday.

And Adam Forshaw will be available after the international break.

How much of a boost would Cooper's return be?

If he comes back it will be a plus for the team. He’s our captain and he’s a courageous players, an important player and if he can’t play we have other options for the position and these options have the same qualities.

How pleased are you with Pontus Jansson's recent games?

Pontus Jansson applauds the fans after the match. Carabao Cup Second Round - Leeds United v Preston North End - Tuesday 28 August 2018 - Elland Road
Pontus Jansson has returned to the starting line-up (Image: Alex Dodd/CameraSport)
He was one of the two best players in the last two games. He didn’t do the work we did in pre-season and so far he has played three games.

And in these three games he played at a level close to his potential.

Is Marcelo happy with his squad are would he like one or two more in before the loan window closes?

It’s a possibility that if we get a new player it’s because they will have a plus for the team. And if nobody comes we have enough players.

Is Middlesbrough the biggest test so far?

It’s difficult to make comparisons.

Because when we played against Stoke or Swansea we had an opposition, an important team against us because they were a couple of months ago Premiership teams. It’s an important rival, opponent, no doubt about it. It’s going to be a very difficult, tough game.

But I don’t want to put classification between teams. But for me the next game is always the most difficult game. And in this case, this particular case we have many reasons to think that this coming game is the hardest one.

Jamie Shackleton and Tom Pearce took knocks last night - how are they?

Jamie Shackleton battles with Josh Harrop. Carabao Cup Second Round - Leeds United v Preston North End - Tuesday 28 August 2018 - Elland Road
Jamie Shackleton was taken off a half-time (Image: Alex Dodd/CameraSport)
For Pearce it’s not very important. He just receive a kick on his leg. Very painful, but just a kick on the leg.

For Shackleton it’s an ankle problem, but we’ll see how this evolves. He’s a very tough player, a courageous player so these aspects of his personality will make it easier for him to come back.

Will he be a doubt for Friday?

I don’t know either for him or Pearce. I'm just telling you what I saw yesterday.

You have a number of players who used to play for Middlesbrough - Bamford, Forshaw, Harrison - would you be speaking to them to get their advice?

To get information on the team?

Yeah, the style they play in, etc

If it’s necessary, of course I will listen to their point of view. But the style of Middlesbrough is well known. Because the head coach of Middlesbrough is a legend in English football.

Is the game a clash of footballing styles?

It would be pretentious from my part to say that.

To think that our style is one that could be opposed to another one. To represent a style you need more continuity in the footballistic expressions.

And to recognise one style you need to go through a process of demonstration that shows that you are faithful to the style you are playing. This is more of a reality of Middlesbrough than Leeds. We can’t say so far that we have a particular style.

Tony Pulis during the FA Cup third round match between Middlesbrough and Sunderland at Riverside Stadium on January 6, 2018
Bielsa had praise for Tony Pulis (Image: Ian Horrocks/Sunderland AFC via Getty Images)
As someone considered to be one of the great tactical intellectuals of the modern game, does it matter about style? Is winning the most important thing? Or do you have to win with a certain style?

It’s hard to answer this kind of question. But I’m going to try to answer it.

But please, admit that I can have a lack of facility.

The resources you use to overcome the opponent, you never win playing bad.

You never win if you don’t attack.

You never win if you don’t take into account the use of the ball.

You can avoid using these resources for a small amount of time, a short period so you make a confusion when you present as an alternative when we win in any way or win in a certain style. When you say win, it doesn't matter how you win, you should express, tell us, what do you mean by 'whatever the meaning is to win'?

Because sometimes at clubs like Leeds United or at Manchester United and Marcelo knows Sir Alex Ferguson, who is a great admirer of Marcelo, Alex Ferguson ultimately, although he had style, wanted to win. The most important thing was winning and not style, although there was style at Manchester United and as Pep Guardiola is trying to do at Manchester City. The point is Marcelo is a stylist, he is intellectual and I wonder if winning is ultimately the most important thing for a football man?

Ferguson was a huge head coach. Never won without the style. It would be unfair that the public think that the question is winning with style or winning without style?

It’s winning with one style or winning with another style. And what we are comparing right now actually is taste, sensibilities, feelings.

If we only had two opposite ways, if football was reduced to Guardiola style or Mourinho style, both styles propose a path to reach success.

You wouldn’t have any head coach who would say that the style is above success. What he’d rather say is with this style I’m in better conditions to reach success.

From my humble point of view, I think there’s a difference between how you presented the question and how I modified your question.

Tell him I appreciate that.

If it was like that I’m not convinced I actually did what I just said. If we had these two different ways to see the same problem, the public opinion should know that we don’t have one style to win or anything to win. We have two different ways to win.

Bielsa spoke at length over style vs results
That was my point - you can have two different ways to win.

I think we should oblige the public to recognise what kind of football they like because if the public does not recognise the type of football they like, they will only be attracted by success.

And when you only value the success and don’t take into account the resources need in getting the success you lose the feeling, the sensibility and the hierarchy of values disappear to you.

I’m not saying you have good values and bad values. I’m just saying you have different values. As football has a lot of influence to tell to the public that the only thing that matters is success, you don’t give importance to what football means to the people.

The beauty, the game, is what it means to the people.

England is known by world football because they don’t like people who cheat. Am I right?

Yes, absolutely.

That’s what I wanted to say.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #25 på: September 13, 2018, 17:42:43 »
Før Millwall borte, 15/9-2018:

Her er hele pressekonferansen (transkript).
Men i dag er jeg lazy så du får lese det nedenfra og opp for å få det i riktig rekkefølge... :)

13:00
That's all from Cooper
We will have the full transcript from everything both Cooper and Bielsa said on the site soon.

12:59
'It's been a breath of fresh air'
It is the biggest game of the season because it is the next one. It has been a breath of fresh air for the club. He’s come in and took this job because he thinks he can take us to the next level and fair play to him. The players are loving it at the moment.

12:54
'It's another game of football'
It’s another game of football. It has its history but it doesn’t affect me.
We know what we need to do - we need to win the personal battles. We can beat anyone in this league.

12:52
Cooper on the striker injuries
Everyone who comes into the team knows their job. You are always going to miss the goals but it is a chance for the others to come in and stamp their authority.

12:51
Cooper accentuates the positives
We know what we have got to do and we know our jobs and we know we will get a positive result.

12:50
Cooper on Millwall
The experience last year will pull the lads through. We are professional enough to get over it and we will play our game.

12:49
Cooper on Bielsa as a manager
We all know where we stand and have a lot of respect. We trust what he is telling us. The style of play is how football should be played - long may it continue.

12:48
Bielsa's regime
We have got really fit. I think if you ask any of the lads - it is the F***est they have ever been.

12:47
Cooper here
“The players are delighted - but we know we are only six games in”

12:44
That's all from Bielsa
Bielsa had a lot to get off his chest. Cooper coming next!

12:43
More from Bielsa on injuries
Regarding injuries I would like to make a short comment - the performance of the players is getting worse when you don’t have any activity - when I say official games. So the games for the U23 is a possibility to put players who play less, because if otherwise they won’t be fit to play in the first team. That is why I am trying to explain why Bamford played for U23 and why Blackman and Baker have too. So when they go in the first team they will be fit enough.
When the injury to Bamford happened - we always criticise the decision we take but we have indispensable decisions to make. The injury of Bamford - we didn’t have any doubt about it. When he jumped and then he fell he hurt his knee - I am giving this so you don’t think it is imprudent to give minutes.
Adam Forshaw has not played in the last two months - it will be an obligation to feature in the U23s - if he plays in the first team before it will not be ideal.

12:37
Berardi and Hernandez
Berardi has injured his knee.
Muscular issue for Hernandez - recovered well then in preparation he felt another point in muscle - time for recovery we planned. We will respect the time of recovery.

12:36
Is Millwall the biggest test?
If we look backwards we didn’t have many injured players and we didn’t have injured players in the same positions so I can’t deny the fact that it is difficult. We always talked about the fact we have 18 starters and four players in this group and four youngsters. So now we will see how good was the work we did when we built the team. I told you that for each game you play there are always four players missing - for this coming game it is more than four players but the club has a structure and we came into this structure. We have conditions of work and have an academy that gives us young players so gather all these forces which goal is to resolve this kind of problem mentioned.
We have to accept the fact that we have to find solutions. The opponents also have realities different to ours and problems they have to face. Sometimes they have problems more difficult than ours.

12:32
Bielsa on his manager of the month award
I am thankful and share this award with all the people who allowed me to get this far. The staff, football players and colleagues and fans who support us.

12:29
Bielsa on hostile crowds at games
I have been doing this job for the last 30 years and I have never been affected by the lack of civil from the public or fans. Not because I have a big tolerance - just because I know we can
I am not very familiar with the atmosphere of football at Millwall - I have been spat on, assaulted, thrown bottles to me, never nothing serious happen to me.
The seriousness of any social behaviour I don’t have to judge - what I can say is I don’t have a problem to tolerate it. I don’t want to play the role of the victim in this kind of behaviours.
It would be giving importance and recognition to people giving this tool
We have to admire how the fans love their club and England has been the country who tried to eliminate this kind of violence in football. The hooligans do not exist in English football anymore. The other countries take England as an example.

12:23
Millwall atmosphere
We are clear of the hostility and it is civilised competition. The description of the atmosphere is just an anecdote - I can’t think of any fans who would have more influence than ours.
It is very important for us to receive and we have to prepare for the support the other team will get.

12:21
Hernandez injury
He was well and then got injured again.
I have the intention of not giving an answer as an excuse.
I say that we can solve the absence of Pablo, Bamford and Roofe - I wouldn’t want to ignore what they represent for the team. They have the conviction I am convinced and we have been working with a lot more than 11 players.

The time has come to show the product of the result of what we have done so far. Sometimes when you ask a question it is difficult to tell the truth without going in a position to common sense.
I am worried when I analyse the reality. The people who don’t take into account the reality are people who dare too much. I do not ignore reality but I am always full of hope before the game. Before any game I always have a lot of hope that invades me - I have more expectations for what I can get in the following game than for the resources I can use.

12:16
Bielsa on tactics for Millwall
You evaluate the styles especially when you play against teams that have an opposite style. It is always something new that we have to find a solution to. If we are faithful to our style, especially when the opponents try to neutralise us. So we will see if we will be faithful to our style or make concessions against a rival. We might have three possibilities.
The first is not to take any risk that we have to take to be faithful to our style.
The goal of this is to try to make the mistake provoked by the opponent - this is not the most important thing.
I am not willing to choose this first possibility. The second option is to be faithful to our style and then this allows the rival to make an opposition. I wouldn’t choose this option either because usually the teams who fall into this are described as naive teams and we criticise these kinds of teams. We all know that syles are valid if we can overcome the rival. The content of the style is only safe if we have success and there is a third possibility. This is to be faithful to our style and to our rival - what will happen is one of these possibilities.
The game against Boro was a good scenario to find the answer to the question. Against Boro we had the ball and possession but few chances to score. The opponent had more chances to score than us with a tool that is very easy to implement. And for us it was very difficult to neutralise this tool.
It is difficult to play against these things when there is a difference between the size of players but we did a big effort and prevented Boro from scoring any goal. I think the game against Boro prepared us for this coming game. We have the obligation to improve our performance because before play against Boro we knew what opposition we would face.
Against Millwall it is more important because we know what opposition we will face and also because we have the experience playing this kind of game.

12:09
Bielsa on the difficult Millwall fixture
It will be a game similar to the one we played against Boro. It is a team that doesn’t have the same ranking as Boro but they did things in the past that describe the possibilities. A team that is with the same players for a long time - they has simulated the style and will face similar difficulties against Millwall as the ones we faced against Boro.

12:05
Roberts is the first option
The first option we have is Tyler Roberts and we have also other possibilities.
I am happy that other players are ready to play. Roberts has made many efforts, and played 40 minutes as a number 9 for his international side.

12:03
Bielsa on injuries
First topic - injuries for Leeds:
- Berardi still needs time to come back
- For Bamford a little less than four months.
- For Pablo it will be more than three weeks.
- Roofe won’t be able to play either - he has received a kick that means he is not allowed to play.
We have four players missing but we have solutions to face these problems.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Bromancer

« Svar #26 på: September 13, 2018, 18:25:26 »
Noen som har funnet et opptak av dagens pressekonferanse?

Promotion 2010

« Svar #27 på: September 13, 2018, 21:05:04 »
På twitterkontoen til Leeds United kan du se den igjen noen timer etterpå.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #29 på: September 17, 2018, 21:49:04 »
Før Preston hjemme i ligaen:

Team news
Injury wise, Berardi and Shackleton are getting close. Roofe and Hernandez need more time. Bamford obviously longer. But none of them will be involved tomorrow
On O'Kane breaking his leg
I was not aware of that. I am very sad about it and sad for him. I am ashamed to find this out. I should have got this afternoon faster and that's all I have to say.
Phillips at centre back
I don't think that at the beginning we did it to have three centre backs. When we play with a line of three we don't have to ask Phillips to play in a lower position, we have other possibilities. We have different tactical possibilities that adjust to the game.
On Neil Harris saying Leeds celebrations were a disgrace to English football..
"Everything that happened at the end of the game is clear enough so there is no necessity to explain it....
"If the river has too much water in it, you have to consider the reasons why."
Bielsa answered this in great detail but basically saying you have to consider why Leeds celebrated as they did. Said Leeds were being accused of behaving "as a savage."
Also said that behaviour doesn't relate to whether you are foreign or not
On what makes a good captain?
A captain has to be a good person, the values that our captain transmits are summed up in the fact that Cooper is more interested than the collective well being of the team than his own well being. Our captain is generous to help his team mate and he also has humility. If you combine generosity and humility it makes him an example for all of us and we always have to take into account examples of people who are better than us, this is not linked in to the fact that if he plays well or not. He will still be a great captain even when doesn't play.
On Izzy Brown
It's a very different case, it has been a long time since he played, he still has to recover, he hasn't started to play with the ball, he hasn't played football with us so far. It's impossible to say when he will be fit. It won't be a short time.
Will senior u-23s players feature tomorrow
Yes. I explain again, it's not good that a player plays 45 minutes before another game, even worse than this is when you need a player to go and play a game and he doesn't have the tempo and fitness to play a professional game. It's better to have more activity and having the player closer to his best performance than have a player rested but far away from his best level. The decision I am taking without explaining this would be imprudent.
On Preston
Preston is a special team because Preston's players have the skills to move the ball. They have a position in the table that they do not deserve. I always have the feeling of confidence, it doesn't matter who we are playing against, I always think we can win, it's part of the DNA of our profession.
Do you sense promotion is possible?
I see that we are getting stronger in each game. It's not convenient to talk about the final position when we have just played seven games, it's too early to draw conclusions after just seven games. Any conclusion that you take right now would not be a solid one because football is a game where you have many surprises. If you take into account the last game, the seventh game for all the teams and if you look at all the results, if we compare your questions to the reality of each team, it's very hard to make conclusions and draw conclusions taking into account all the things happening. We all think that when we make early conclusions, means that we have a lot of knowledge, and football is the first game in the world regarding it's unpredictable aspect, you can't anticipate the results in football. The day when you can predict the results in football, football won't be that attractive and technology is trying ti make many efforts in that sense and I don't think we should go in this way because football is famous because of it's unpredictable aspect.
On being top
From my point of view, I can't talk the name of everyone, it's not a pressure and it's not something I take as positive. In each game we have the obligation to win as in professional football. When you have a good performance people expect things from you, I don't think the position in the table generates pressure or makes things easier for us, we will always have ambition to win.
Showing qualities of a promotion winning team?
We need a longer period to evaluate if our team has the skills to get promotion.
There is a difference between the first games we played and the last three games. The injuries and the absences of some players are part of the difficulties you face in this competition, all teams face them and we are facing this kind of problem right now. But this difficulty was visible because all teams will have ti play games without the presence of important players so the difficulties we are facing, the other teams have the same ones, maybe in a different period, before us or after us, but they will face them.
How important to get back to winning ways?
It's not a good habit to stop winning, apart from the meaning and the features of the draws, our aspiration is to win again. No matter of the results before, to win is a necessity.
Bielsa is here....

Min første Leeds-kamp: