Skrevet av Emne: Tema: Marcelo Bielsas pressekonferanser  (Lest 26687 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
Sv: Tema: Marcelo Bielsas pressekonferanser
« Svar #60 på: Januar 04, 2019, 16:52:11 »
Joe Mewis
@joemewis

On the way back from a very entertaining Bielsa press conference. Him confusing Ronald Reagan with Kevin Keegan is an early highlight of 2019 #lufc

CK
@ephemeraljoy

I also love how every player is referred to by surname or full name except “Pablo”. #bielsa
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #61 på: Januar 04, 2019, 17:46:47 »

Lee Sobot
@LeeSobotYEP

Nice moment at the end of the press conference today when Marcelo Bielsa said to us all: "I thank you for not asking me questions on the two losses we had. But I still have the mark (scar)" - pointing to his chest/heart. #lufc @LeedsNews
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #62 på: Januar 10, 2019, 08:47:53 »
Fortsetter med denne tråden. Kan være moro å ha samlet mye av det Bielsa sier:

Før kampen mot Derby, hjemme:

Beren Cross
Good afternoon
Welcome to the media room at Thorp Arch and where we will be seeing Marcelo Bielsa very shortly. Stay tuned and watch for all of the questions and answers right here.

13:00
Bielsa's here
First question coming up.

13:02
Lewis Baker situation
I have the same information as you. It’s not official yet, but it’s something true. It was something in the contract. Obviously Chelsea and Baker chose to use this article to go back.

13:04
Opinion on Baker and possible replacement
He was always inside the group. Even if it’s true he hasn’t played a lot. Maybe he felt we did not value him at the right level. The only time I talked to him about this subject I not only told him I wanted him to stay with us, I told him even into the next year I wanted to keep him, but I understand he took another decision. He had legitimate expectations to play more. The last game he played in the FA Cup, for me he has a positive performance and, for me, this was a starting point for his development inside the team, but I can understand he took a different decision.

13:09
Transfer priorities
First I will see what the possibilities are of the club to bring in players. What kind of players the club can add to the team. If they are better than what we have. Obviously we had Blackman with us, but not anymore. Saiz and Baker left and we didn’t want them to leave. When I say it was not our decision to make him leave, but me as the head coach, as a club, it was his decision.

I can’t ignore the fact we have lost many players in the past few weeks, but we can adapt to the situation. We can solve these difficulties. Dallas, Berardi, Blackman are not here, outside the group. Liam comes back to the group. Douglas is not in the group. A fifth absence is Kalvin Phillips, who is suspended. Saiz and Baker are not inside the group.

Bamford is absent too. Pablo Hernandez will find it hard in the next game, so we are missing many players, but for me, it’s not an excuse. We have the obligation to win the next game and we can win the next game. We just lost the last three games, the last one we deserved to lose, but the two Championship games, we didn’t deserve to lose them.

We have no excuses not to win against Derby. We have the players we need to reach the win with optimism. Obviously, it doesn’t matter if we have 10 players less or not.

13:14
Continued...
Making himself clearer on transfers:
We are lacking 10 players. If the club can bring players it will be only if they are better than what we have. In the next few weeks we will have Dallas with us, Berardi, Phillips, Brown, Bamford, Douglas all too. In 10 absences it will be a big reduction with these returning. That’s why I clearly say if nobody comes we will solve the problem anyway and I can’t give you the positions because it depends on the quality of the players we get. If we need a midfielder and if we can bring him here, but if he’s not good we won’t take him. We will add great players that will be better than those we have, that means an important investment for the club.

That can solve the fact Vieira left, Saiz left and Baker left. We were not expecting these exits. The main investment the club did couldn’t be an addition to us. The main investment was Bamford and he played for a short time, got injured, played for a short time and got injured. Blackman also got a six-month injury.
Dallas and Berardi also suffered severe injuries. The club can’t forecast all these things.

13:15
Do you recommend players?
No. He proposes to me, players and I give my opinion.

13:16
Unlikely a previously coached player will come here?
The one who is looking at the market is Victor and he looks at the window and tells me what are the possibilities and I give my point of view. I, honestly, haven’t mentioned any player I had before, but if it was the case I am sure he would talk about it with me.

13:18
Hernandez doubt
He could play on Friday. I can’t say 100 per cent he won’t play, but if there is even a small doubt I wouldn’t like to take any risks with him over another injury. If it’s up to him it’s a feeling. If it was up to him he would play because he’s a generous player. He should play only if we are sure it can’t get worse.

13:19
Important game - how significant to win and send message?
We need to win the game because we lost the last two, because we are playing a team going up (in form) and they are playing with a style and if we can win against them taking their style into account it would be very good for us.

13:20
Liam Cooper
I went to see the game on Monday versus Hull City. He played an hour. He is in good condition to come back to the team. He has a very good first pass, he is good with the aerial balls, he is our captain and he deserves to be our captain.
When he’s inside the team he makes the team stronger.

13:21
Will Cooper help with set-pieces?
Yes. When these players play, Ayling, Berardi, Phillips, Cooper, Jansson, we have great headers. When you don’t have them it affects the team.

13:22
Different Derby game to August?
Derby’s not the same team anymore. They are a lot better now as a team. I don’t think it’s going to be the same game. We have the conditions to try to win against this. We can’t rely on the fact we played against them five months ago. It will not be similar. Both teams are very different

13:28
All over from Bielsa
That’s all for now.
Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

RoarG

« Svar #63 på: Januar 10, 2019, 20:16:41 »
For de som har glemt hva Bielsa sa på sin første pressekonferanse i sommer. Her adresserer han stallens størrelse, og hva han har tenkt å gjøre med den. Bielsa holder det han lover.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/what-marcelo-bielsa-said-carrying-15660212
"Jeg tror ikke på Gud, men etter Bielsas ansettelse må jeg nok revurdere", Roar Gustavsen, januar 2020

Promotion 2010

« Svar #64 på: Januar 17, 2019, 09:22:33 »
Tar med dette resymeet her:

Leeds United are watching you - Phil Hay's take on astonishing insight into the world of Marcelo Bielsa

Phil Hay
Published: 06:00 Thursday 17 January 2019
Last week it dawned on the Championship that Marcelo Bielsa was watching them but even Derby County, with a scout from Leeds United peering through their fence, did not know the half of it.

Frank Lampard devoted 15 hours to watching footage of Leeds before taking Derby to Elland Road on Friday. Footage of Derby studied by Bielsa ran to almost 300.

Leeds United head coach Marcelo Bielsa.
Leeds United head coach Marcelo Bielsa.
Leeds’ analysis was weeks and months in the making and Bielsa’s backroom team compile the same mass of information about every club in their league: four hours a game and each game scrutinised.

Stoke City, as of last week, are in the hands of a new manager and Leeds play there on Saturday. Bielsa has already procured data from every fixture which Nathan Jones, Stoke’s latest incumbent, contested with Luton Town this season.

No rest, no sleep and no bases uncovered, including reconnaissance of opposition training grounds.

Yesterday Bielsa took the extraordinary step of inviting members of the media to Thorp Arch for a presentation of the detail of his pre-match scouting methods. After a weekend in which he was chastised and condemned - albeit amongst pockets of support - for asking a young intern to watch Derby train from a vantage point on a public road, it was Bielsa’s way of painting the controversy as overblown; that nothing the intern brought home with him could enhance the data Leeds produced legitimately.

That when all was said and done, Bielsa appeared to know as much about Derby as Lampard himself.

Leeds United head coach Marcelo Bielsa admits spying on every Championship club during unprecedented rebuttal
Staged at 5pm with two hours warning, the briefing was sold as a press conference but it involved no questions. Bielsa directed it from the start and over 66 minutes explained without saying as much why one scouting trip on a Thursday morning was a needle in a haystack of staggering amounts of videos and spreadsheets put together by his staff. More than once he described the bulk of the information as “useless”.

He berated himself as “stupid” for obsessing so much about it. So why bother, he asked aloud? “Because it allows me to keep my anxiety low.”

That comment was a window not only into Bielsa’s psyche but the paranoia and restless way in which managers think and act. It was paranoia that got to Lampard before Derby’s 2-0 defeat at Elland Road on Friday. Bielsa tried to stress last week - to no avail as far as an angry Lampard was concerned - that he was in the habit of scouting opposition training sessions for no other reason than to turn over every stone.

“The way to respect football is to make the effort to know the players in the team,” he said, talking through his translator Salim Lamrani. “I might not be able to speak English but I can speak about the 24 teams of the Championship.”

Bielsa was not there to pick a fight with Lampard or to ask English football to accept his methods. He was there to clear his name by disputing the accusation that he cheated last week and, in light of investigations launched by the EFL and the Football Association and the threat of sanctions in the offing, to ask the question of whether anything seen at Derby’s training ground last Thursday could have made a material difference to the game the following evening. It was an attempt to kill the onslaught against him with a weight of irrefutable numbers.

The transparency was at odds with questions about his integrity and honesty.

Leeds United fans defend Marcelo Bielsa as reaction to Spygate conference unfolds
No manager at Leeds, or any other English club for that matter, has ever opened their methods of analysis to such intense scrutiny by journalists. At certain points Bielsa asked those gathered if they wanted additional examples - none were necessary - and by the closing minutes he was letting a few reporters with other places to be through the door behind him. When the end came, he thanked his audience and walked straight out (of the room rather than the club. The arrangement of an impromptu press conference by a head coach who quit Lazio after two days and resigned from Marseille at a moment’s notice had set alarm bells ringing beforehand).

The presentation, provided through PowerPoint, was bewildering in its detail. Lamrani sat across the room, translating everything, and Bielsa’s entire coaching team were lodged behind the media, watching silently until Bielsa sought contributions from them.

Derby, for obvious reasons, were used as a case study by Bielsa but every team in the division had been given the same surgery: statistics, formations, a close look at individual players and numbers related to set-pieces. Data drilled down to the very bottom. “Apart from the players, in your staff you have around 20 people,” Bielsa said. “These 20 people create a volume of information which is absolutely not necessary.”

There were breakdowns of Derby’s line-ups and the percentage of time players spent in each position, the type of systems County struggled against most, videos clips of Lampard’s attacking play and a look at what Harry Wilson, the Derby winger whose fitness Leeds were seeking to establish last week, planned to do when he purposely raised two hands before taking a corner.

"All the data we can have about Wilson, we know about his past,” Bielsa said. The same applied to every one of Wilson’s teammates. Bielsa and his analysts watched all 51 games played by County last season, purely for the purpose of assessing any squad members who were still involved now.

“Why did we do that?” Bielsa asked. “Because we think this is professional behaviour. It's to try and avoid being ignorant about the competition we're playing in.

Full transcript of every word Marcelo Bielsa said in Leeds United spygate conference
"When you watch an opponent, you’re looking for specific information. You want to know what is the starting XI, what is the tactical system that's going to be used and the strategic decisions taken on set-pieces. All this information, I don't memorise it but if I have a doubt, I can ask myself the question and have a look at these documents.”

He took no pleasure in revealing the depths of his diligence, much as those watching were captivated by it. “I feel ashamed to have to show you this,” he said, but the criticism of him over the weekend - including Stuart Pearce calling on Tuesday for the FA to reverse Leeds’ victory over Derby - had driven him to fight his corner.

Time and again Bielsa came back to the word “useless”. So much of the information, he said, was of precious little value to him. He told the story of how, as Athletic Bilbao manager, he offered Pep Guardiola the chance to look through his pre-match analysis after Barcelona won the Copa Del Rey final 3-0 in 2012.

“Guardiola had a look at it and he told me 'you know more about Barcelona than me',” Bielsa recalled. “But it was useless information because they scored three goals.” Likewise the time spent by him studying opposition set-pieces this season. “Was this useful? No, because half of the goals we concede are from set-pieces.”

There would have been a danger of Bielsa protesting too much had his work not been so impossibly deep, to a level most likely unmatched in Championship circles. Stacks of paper files lay under the video screens, each one devoted to last season’s fixtures and the summer’s pre-season friendlies. What Bielsa was allowing the public to see looked above board but still Bielsa was not sure if anyone was buying his argument.

“I'm doing this because I consider that you don't believe me,” he said, in reference to his claim that he had not gained any specific “sports advantage” from snooping on Lampard last Thursday. “I wanted to give you factual elements to convince you I'm telling the truth.

“I want to be judged by my intentions because for me, I feel I'm not guilty. I don't have bad intentions.”

The EFL and FA will take their own view on that and there is pressure from within the sport for both bodies to make an example of Bielsa but they were faced yesterday with a display of competence and attention to detail which made Bielsa an example to others in his profession. In one sentence, stood like Rainman with a baffling array of numbers in front him, Bielsa summed up the point of it all.

“I don't need to go to watch a training session of an opponent to know how the opponent plays,” he said. As he dropped the microphone, metaphorically, and left the room, it was hard to disagree.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #65 på: Januar 17, 2019, 09:36:34 »
Explaining Marcelo Bielsa: How the Argentine came to influence football's greatest managers

If you thought Brian Clough’s Leeds spell was fraught, you ain’t seen nothing yet. Bielsa has inspired a generation of top coaches to become winners – and a string of club owners to pull their hair out

Chuck Berry didn’t invent rock and roll music, but he probably came closer than anyone else, along with Elvis Presley and Little Richard, to putting all the necessary components in the right order.

Berry was radical, obsessive and utterly convinced he was always right about everything. He spent much of his teenage years in the early 1950s disassembling and reassembling transistor radios, so he understood the exact mechanics of how they produced sound and could adapt his rock and roll masterpieces accordingly.

It worked. Every time he implored Beethoven to roll over (and tell Tchaikovsky the news), he inspired wide-eyed teens everywhere to pick up their guitar and play. “It wasn’t until I heard Chuck Berry that I realised what you could do,” recalled The Who’s Pete Townshend.

“I lifted every lick he ever played,” said Rolling Stone Keith Richards. “Even if you’re a rock guitarist who wouldn’t name him as your main influence, your main influence is probably still influenced by Chuck.”

This summer, Berry’s football equivalent, whose coaching playbook is no less exhaustive or far-reaching, achieved a lifetime ambition of managing in England. Marcelo Bielsa became Leeds manager.

Almost every major league is permeated by his coaching acolytes, many of them former players such as Mauricio Pochettino or Diego Simeone, who’ve lived and breathed the unconventional methods of El Loco – The Madman. Pep Guardiola may not have played under the Argentine coach, but the Manchester City boss has long since viewed Bielsa with the sort of reverence that The Who, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles and more reserved for Berry.

The 63-year-old is the best-paid coach outside the top flight, his idiosyncratic, almost autocratic mannerisms bringing stardust to the Championship. There will be fireworks, homework, the potential amputation of fingers, and team talks from a coach who relaxes by going for 2am runs while listening to tapes about tactics.

Life is seldom dull when Marcelo Bielsa is around.

“He wanted to help this group of street kids become heroes”

Johnny B Goode is the semi-autobiographical story of a humble guitar-playing country boy, whose mother convinces her son that “someday your name will be in lights”.

While you could never describe Bielsa’s upbringing in a Rosario townhouse as humble – the family is one of Argentina’s great legal dynasties; Marcelo’s grandfather, father, brother and sister are all either lawyers or politicians – his mother Lidia did indeed instil her youngest son with the intrinsic belief that he would dominate his chosen discipline. From an early age, football became that calling.

“She was fundamental in my life,” Bielsa has said of his mother. “For her, no [amount of] effort was sufficient.” Lidia would be dispatched to the local newsagents most days to pick up the daily newspapers and Argentina’s weekly sporting bible El Grafico, which her son would study religiously.

Bielsa learned from his grandfather Rafael – a lawyer responsible for creating much of the country’s legislature – that knowledge was power; knowledge gleaned from his collection of more than 30,000 books at the family home. Even now, Bielsa subscribes to more than 40 different sports magazines the world over, FourFourTwo included.

Ever the contrarian, Bielsa supported Newell’s Old Boys because his father was a fan of bitter city rivals Rosario Central. Picked up by Newell’s in his teens, he was good on the ball, but slow and poor in the air. He realised after three first-team appearances that his talent lay more in an innate appreciation of how and why things happen on a pitch than what he could actually do with a ball himself. So at 25, he quit, enrolled to become a PE teacher and two years later, in 1982, took a job managing the University of Buenos Aires’ football team.

Bielsa was only three years older than most of his players, but his work ethic and obsessive professionalism won the squad over. He watched more than 3,000 players before deciding on his 20-man squad, then drilled them relentlessly. When UBA drew with Boca Juniors’ reserves in a friendly, Newell’s hired him as a youth coach.

Convinced that Argentina’s agrarian interior housed untapped talent, Bielsa and his assistant Jorge Griffa divided the country into 70 different regions and drove his battered Fiat 147 to every one.

Bielsa and Griffa turned up at a sleeping Mauricio Pochettino’s house at 2am, commenting how the 13-year-old future Spurs boss had “the legs of a footballer”. But Pochettino is just one of dozens of players they scouted. Gabriel Batistuta – the son of a slaughterhouse worker in small-town Avellanada – was another in 1987.

“When I arrived, I was fat – it’s that simple,” explained Batistuta. “I liked alfajores [a traditional biscuit]. The first thing Bielsa did was get rid of them and teach me to train in the rain. I hated him for it.

“We were a group of dreamers and the first dreamer was Bielsa. He dreamed about being Arrigo Sacchi, who he watched constantly winning European Cups. He wanted that to be us. A group of street kids to become heroes.”

Pochettino and midfielder Eduardo Berizzo followed Batistuta into the first team, Bielsa’s personally-scouted stream of young, hungry players with fire in their bellies turning Newell’s Old Boys into one of Argentina’s most promising sides. His El Loco epithet – earned after telling defender Fernando Gamboa that he’d cut off his own finger if it guaranteed victory – was long since earned.

In 1989, Bielsa was promoted to reserve team manager, and his methods were being noticed further up the club. “We shared the dressing room with the reserves,” said attacking midfielder Gerardo Martino. “You’d come in for training and there would be so many arrows on the whiteboard that you could barely make out where one ended and another began. You thought the Indians were coming! Within a year, that guy was our coach.”

“If my players weren’t human, I’d never lose”

Martino was vital to Bielsa’s acceptance in the first team in 1990. The side’s most talented and creative player, the indolent playmaker hated grafting – a trait Bielsa despised in a player.

“We had a chat before he started,” revealed Martino, “and he told me there was only one chance to play in his team: you had to run. He convinced everyone that his was the way. Every training session with him was different, he never repeated a single one. I would come back from international duty and go straight to one of Marcelo’s sessions because they were that good.”

Defend, attack and transition between the two at frightening speed: that was the mantra. Deny the opposition space anywhere, win the ball as high as possible and be dynamic to create chances.

Repeating those turnovers became second nature, even though they required independent thought – a curious contradiction Bielsa came to call repentizacion; essentially sight-reading for football. Even though each attacking situation was different, the squad worked so constantly on those transitions that the concept became ingrained, like playing a piece of music without practising it beforehand.

So determined was Bielsa to implement that strategy, he instructed keeper Norberto Scoponi to intentionally hit goal-kicks out of play for a throw-in, reasoning that the midfield could win the ball back quickly and create an artificial turnover. Newell’s became a pressing machine.

Inside a year, Bielsa’s side had won the 1990 Apertura; with the Argentine league season split into two parts followed by a play-off between the two champions, La Lepra (the Lepers) then triumphed in the championship decider on penalties against Boca Juniors.

“Newell’s, carajo!” became the club’s war cry – “Newell’s, you c***s!” Shouldered aloft by his charges at a baying Bombonera, Bielsa was taking on all-comers. El Loco had become the architect of chaos.

For six months, the club’s form dipped alarmingly: players were unable to live up to Bielsa’s physical and mental demands.

“They were very passionate team talks,” recalled midfielder Alfredo Berti, his manager’s on-field lieutenant to whom Bielsa addressed tactical instruction. “If you loved football, you got so much out of them. Every comment was discussed and Marcelo had the patience to explain it.”

For the first time, the workaholic Bielsa delegated. He began to set the squad’s younger players homework. They were to buy El Grafico, Solo Futbol and Clarin, and research how upcoming opposition played: usual formations, their last eight games, which substitutes they used, set-piece takers and threats. Their findings would then be presented to the squad and a training session built around them.

“It helped you find answers on the pitch,” Pochettino later recalled. “All that homework – I wish all my friends could have experienced at least one per cent of what I did.”

Out of the rut, Newell’s went on to secure the 1992 Clausura and reached the 1992 Copa Libertadores Final, losing on penalties to Sao Paulo with Cafu scoring the Brazilians’ decisive penalty.

Yet Bielsa could take no more. Like his future disciple Guardiola two decades later, the pressure of managing his boyhood club proved too much and he resigned as Newell’s boss, never to return. “If players weren’t human,” he said, “I’d never lose.”

“Don’t shoot! I’m Marcelo Bielsa!”

Bielsa taking a break could never be as easy as spending time with his wife Laura and two daughters. Over the following six years he became something of a coaching nomad, managing both Atlas and America in Mexico, before returning to Argentina with Velez Sarsfield – lifting the 1998 Clausura – and finally spending a nine-game spell with La Liga side Espanyol. Further idiosyncrasies followed.

Owned by a cabal of television executives, America insisted on Bielsa speaking only to their outlets. He so hated the imposition that by the time he became Argentina coach in the autumn of 1998, he refused to give any one-on-one interviews whatsoever.

“Why am I going to give an interview to a powerful guy, if that’s going to deny someone from the provinces?” he reasoned. “What’s your criteria to do that? My own interests? That’s just opportunism.”

Bielsa would talk to Argentina’s media only at press conferences, a method since repeated by Guardiola, but the deal-sweetener was that journalists could ask him anything and he would answer in detail. One press conference went on so long – more than four hours – that many members of the country’s fourth estate had to leave early or risk missing deadline for their evening editions.

Never one to do anything by halves, Bielsa finds it impossible to switch off. A frequent de-stress technique is to go for a run. At 2am. While listening to his favourite coaching mix tape detailing the 22 formations he believes are possible on a football pitch.

So engrossed was Bielsa while running through the grounds of Argentina’s Ezeiza training complex in early 1999, he couldn’t hear local police shouting at him. Finally noticing a dozen guns pointed at him, he hid behind a tree, pleading: “Don’t shoot! I’m Bielsa!”

NEXT: An inspiration to Simeone, Pochettino and Guardiola
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #66 på: Januar 17, 2019, 16:30:05 »
Før kampen mot Stoke, borte:

Bielsa expected from 12.30pm
Sit tight. We know it will be worth the wait...

On Stoke
“It was an important win in August over Stoke, aside from the three points.”

Difficulty in analysing Stoke with new boss
We prepared the game taking into account the starting XI of the opponent. Taking our starting XI into account: Forshaw, Pablo, Clarke (didn’t get the other names).
We want to show we can have a positive several results in a row.

Injured players - update
Berardi will play next Monday and if everything goes well he will be in the group for the next game. Dallas started the training sessions with the group today and Douglas will do the same tomorrow. They won’t play next Monday, but they will the following under-23s game. If everything goes well they will be in for the next game after that.
It will be the same for Bamford. Maybe he will need a little more time. These three players will be available in the next 10 days. Also, Phillips will come back as he will have his three-match suspension over.
We solved the absence of Blackman with the signing of Casilla.

Casilla attributes
He’s a complete player. He’s good in the aerial game. He’s a good player when he has to block shots from the opponent. He is a player with personality. He is good with his feet and with balls in the air. We can’t say one of these aspects is a strong points, but I don’t see any weak points.

Fit enough to play now?
Today has been his first session with us. He won’t play against Stoke, even if he’s fit to do it, he won’t do it.
We’ll see the evolution in the next few days and take a decision.

Relief to focus on the football
A big relief.

Izzy Brown
He is fit. The figures we take into account when a player hasn’t played for a year, these figures show a player needs six games to recover his fitness and be ready for a high competition game.
We’ll see with the passing of the games if six is enough, too much or not enough.

Stoke thoughts - under perfoming?
We can’t have any doubt about the quality of their players. Just look at the games they play. It’s a team which has the skills to have a higher rank than the one they have now. Every time I look at the results after a game we have more unexpected results than expected ones. The attractive aspect of the Championship are these results.
If I had to describe the Championship, the one who is supposed to win does not win necessarily. If the favourite team wins it’s never easy for the favourite team.

Impact Brown can have
Brown has to show he can play. Not to me, obviously. He will have to prove himself. He has been elected the best player of the Championship some years ago.
Discussion around Brown’s success at Huddersfield.
I’m taking this example to show he has already shown his skills. When you don’t play for a year you have doubts about the level of a player. It’s not about confidence because Izzy Brown is very confident. It’s not about work because he’s a very serious professional. The idea is to take his willingness, his confidence and his work to be at the olace where he has been in the past. This is a work we are all involved in, implicated in. We have hope about it.

United are the best team this season - important to remember that?
What happened in the last few days is something complex. The focus was put on that and not on the football.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #67 på: Januar 24, 2019, 17:48:55 »
Før Rotherham borte:

12:59
Joe Mewis
Today's main talking points...
As ever, there’s plenty for Bielsa to discuss today.
Gaetano Berardi is the main talking point from an injury point of view, with updates on Bamford, Brown, Douglas and Dallas also expected.
Transfers will no doubt get a mention alongside the trip Rotherham.

Yorkshire derby - do you feel you have to win?
We have to win all games.
The last result doesn’t give more importance to the obligation to win.

Has spygate become a distraction? Are you looking for a quick resolution, one way or the other?
What’s happening is the consequence of my behaviour and I have to take the repercussions
We are already focusing on football. It’s not about what I would like. I am not in the condition to give a point of view on this.

On Jack Clarke - important he stays at Leeds for his own development?
The important thing is the opinion of the club and of course the opinion of the player.

On Emiliano Sala. Does he know him from Argentina?
I played against him. What happened to him is very painful. Very, very painful.

How likely are you to play Casilla at Rotherham?
Casilla will start. Phillips will play in place of Jansson.

Has Clarke being distracted by the speculation?
We haven’t talked about this subject. I didn’t talk about it with him.

Is he very focused on his work?
We have many young players that arrive at the high level. The players who start the high competition at the start, we don’t have many players who do that. And even less players who stay as high players.
And the step he is making shows he belongs in the first division and at the highest level. We will have conformation of this with time.

Conversations on transfers with Orta?
When there is someone to talk about, yes.

Why are you playing Casilla? And how has BPF done for you so far?
I use the same reason to substitute Farrell I used when I thought about putting Blackman in.
Regarding the performance of Farrell, we have two ways of looking at it.
He is a goalkeeper with skills. He has the resources to become a starter in an ambitious team.
He needs to correct some mistakes.
Sometimes when you make mistakes you lose a little bit of confidence.
And at the same time the mistakes make you increase your work to correct them.
When you make  a mistake you suffer pressure. And we need to learn how to live with the pressure.
It’s a long process, with many steps and it’s a difficult path, especially when you’re a young player and it’s even more difficult when a team is at the top or bottom of the table.
So I thought it was the right time to put Casilla in as a starter but I don’t think that this will stop the improvement of Farrell.
The skills that Farrell has, we haven’t seen them so far in the games.
But as we see him every day in training, we know his sills and what he is capable of.
I think he will play again as a starter in the future.
And we have to contribute to take advantage of the time when there are less demanding goals.
And we take advantage of this time to allow him to correct what he needs to correct.
I think he is a very good asset to Leeds because he has been formed in the club, he is very young, he will play as a professional player for 15 years at least and if he uses the time positive, either playing or not, because when you play what you see is the limits you have, the mistakes you make. And when you make mistakes that have consequences this increases the speed of improvement.
And when you have time without pressure it’s the best time to regain confidence and develop the skills you have.

Surprised Casilla was willing to come to Leeds?
I think that the fans of Leeds United should be proud to have Casilla as a goalkeeper.
Because it’s not frequent that you can get a player from Real Madrid. It’s not often a player of this level chooses to play in the Championship. The players always are careful when they have to take decisions and they receive a lot of advice. Casilla comes to Leeds because he thinks he is not making a mistake. He thought a lot about the decision.
I think that English football and Leeds United should be proud he came here.

What is the focus on training this week? Finishing chances?
We played the worst game so far at Stoke.
Just after playing the best game of the Championship and it’s very difficult for us to understand our last performance.
We played against an opponent that made it easy for us to win the game.
And if we had to take a game where it is easy to do what we do the best - attack - it was the game against Stoke City. During all the game we had two players who were always free. Alioski and Ayling.
We only had to watch the game to reach this conclusion.

On injuries
Dallas is available. Same for Douglas. They lack tempo of course and need to find the competition pace.
Berardi was in the same situation as Dallas and Douglas. He played 45 minutes with the U23s and it was hard for him to assimilate the game.
Even if he didn’t get injured again, but we know he will need more time to reach his best level.
Dallas and Douglas will play with the U23s next Monday so they will be able to complete for the first team.
Bamford started to train normally today. He will increase the tempo next week and in about 10 days he will play an U23 game and he will be available for the first team.
Bamford has been absent a long time, same as Izzy Brown. He didn’t play for a year and he will need several games in order to be the player he was before he got injured. This is usually the case for a player who misses a year. He needs between six and eight games to reach his highest level. He will not be on the bench on Saturday.

The freedom of which these two players received the ball allowed us to take the ball into their box and usually when we have freedom in this zone we are usually in good conditions to do what we do the best, which is to see the switch of tempo, the association play, make combined movements and as a consequence play deep but we couldn’t do any of this.
When I say it was a game that we could win we just have to have a look at what were the situations, the chances of the opponent to score and how they got these chances to score.
Even when they played with 11 vs 10 the opponent was not an obstacle for us, We were our man obstacle.

On Casilla's U23s performance this week
You can’t make an opinion on this kind of game. It’s a game to get your sport fitness.
If I had to make an opinion I would say positive things, but it’s not important.

How has he trained?
You make an opinion regarding goalkeepers in games.
If I make an opinion from training or with the U23s, it will be the opinion from next Saturday.

Tough decision not to put Kalvin back in midfield?
Adam Forshaw plays very well as a number 4. He is one of the best players of the team.
As a matter of fact against Stoke he was the best player.
Phillips has adapted very well to the position of centre-back. Of course this doesn’t mean Phillips won’t play as a 4 again or Forshaw as an 8 because these are their positions.

What are you expecting from Rotherham?
They are different styles.
They usually play long balls. They use prolongations of the ball and 50/50 balls, they try to get the second balls. They use long throws, rely on set pieces.
And we have different styles. Ours is not better or worse than theirs. They will try to play using their style and we will try to use ours.
I think they know what they have neutralise in our game to weaken us.
And we know what we have to be careful about to prevent the opponent from growing inside the game.

That's all from Bielsa
Plenty of reaction to come, so stay tuned.

Kilde: Leeds-Live

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #68 på: Januar 31, 2019, 20:22:58 »
Før Norwich hjemme:

In position
Waiting on the main man...

Last day of the window - Dan James?
So far I don’t have any news about transfers. I know both clubs are negotiating, but I don’t know if it’s done.

Pablo fit?
Yes. He trained normally.

Changes on Saturday? Jansson available
No Phillips! Gave us the full XI. Roberts starts.
Here is the team: Casllia, Ayling, Jansson, Cooper, Alioski, Forshaw, Harrison, Klich, Roberts, Hernandez, Roofe.

Mental concentration on Saturday? Teams score late goals
It’s a team that attacks very well. It’s a team designed to attack. It doesn’t mean they don’t defend well,but the profile of the team is a creative profile. We want to attack, but we know we will have to defend a lot too.

Are Norwich best opponent in the league?
It’s an opponent we have to respect, but all the opponents have had ups and downs. It will be a mistake to think all these teams are not important. We can’t ignore the potential of these teams and I just quoted the teams which come to my mind. Usually, football makes sure what seems evident to everyone doesn’t happen.

Pukki - how difficult to find unknown players like him?
His skills are not common in English football. He’s not a player who goes for 50-50s or uses his physical capabilities. It’s a player who is hard to neutralise. He uses a lot his intuition. He is always in good positions to receiver the ball and he makes many movements. He plays simple and efficient.

How significant would six-point gap be?
If we have six points and the team plays with regularity it’s a big difference. Ups and downs would make it nothing.

Is Saturday more significant than others for you?
I think, apart from our positions, the offensive aspects of both teams make this attractive.

If James done - how happy with January?
Orta chose James and I accepted the player proposed to me. I agree with the fact this player has the features the team needs and responds to the needs of the team. If he comes it will be a significant transfer. If he doesn’t come we will find solutions for the rest of the season.

Like James's age?
The most important element is how he plays and then comes how old is he. He comes inside the group to compensate experience with youth. We have enough experienced players, so we can have young players too.

Douglas and Brown - ready?

Douglas, yes. Brown, no.

Why not Brown?
I talked several times about his injury. I already answered several times to the question you asked. You will remember the answer I gave, but I will repeat it again.
Izzy hasn’t played for one year. He is fit. He has trained. The sport aspect is different from the fitness aspect. You need to play six or eight games to recover sport fitness. After playing six or eight games usually the player recovers his skills. Not necessarily. That’s what we hope. He is a player if he gets back he will be very important for us because he’s a 10 with the capacity to score goals. He can break the balance with the opponent with his play.
When a creative player reaches his level he goes inside the team immediately. The position of a winger and the nine and 10, are the most difficult positions in football. Difficult to play well in these positions. It’s true the majority of subs are made in these four positions. Any offensive player who plays well will be in the team.
Clarke, Pablo, Roofe, Bamford, Roofe, Harrison, Stevens, Klich. Dallas and Roberts too. If Izzy plays better than them he will play

When did the 6-8 games for Brown start? He's played that many already
No he hasn’t played six to eight games.
He started to play, he got injured. Now he plays his second game.
<So it starts from the hamstring injury?>
Anyway as I see you’re worried about the situation, the previous answer you can apply to ant decision I take. I have to chose and I’m never sure that I’m taking the right decision.
And many times I doubt that I took the right decision.
Every time you ask me about the presence or absence of a player I will answer the same. I chose the player who offered the best options to resolve the game at that moment.

Any more on Dallas' injury?
He has a problem with his foot. It’s a new problem, linked to the bone stress and for now he will need complete rest for ten days.
And then with the evolution we will see how long he needs.

Why will Phillips miss out?
I just answered that question.
Did I express myself not well enough?
I had to chose between Jansson and Phillips, and Cooper and Phillips, and Forshaw and Philips. I had to chose between those three players.

Question from German journalist - what he thinks of English football compared with elsewhere?
I prefer not to make comparisons because I have worked in several places. I can give you my opinion on English football. I don’t think I will say something new because everything has been said on English football. In England, the desire to win is stronger than the fact we don’t want to lose. In England: win before loss(?).
This tells a lot about how the English culture sees the game. This is what makes the specificity of English football around the world. Another thing seen in France and Germany too, it’s a structure project to develop young players.
Football is undergoing a huge crisis because we have more and more spectators, which allows the economic prosperity of football, but it’s an everyday horror to get good players.
In this sense, these three countries, Germany, France and England have been at the vanguard.

What is satisfying about working in England?
The players still have a link with the amateur aspect of the game and this is very important, this has a lot of value because they constantly receive messages telling them to get rid of this amateur aspect, but to be a good professional you need to be a great amateur too.
The team of Leeds has many amateur values in the behaviour of the players.

What do you mean by amateur values?
It means I don’t play football for money, but I play because I love football.

Long season - Leeds and Norwich aggressive - hard to keep up intensity at the end?
The answer only has value if we can verify it. All I can say is ‘yes we will.’ We know the truth only in May.

Not considering changing style for fatigue?
Absolutely not. I’m going to tell you why.
It’s so hard to draw the style of a team and it takes so long. At the same time it’s so unstable, but when you think about switching the style, if you could change the style, it means it’s because the style is not strong enough.
If you can change something easily, it means it was not hard to build it. I never think about changing the style. I’d rather focus on problems in what we’re doing.
With the constant problems with changing plans, especially when losing, for me, these solicitations deserve this response: the response is you have to correct what is not done well.

Sixty-three now - called El Loco - honour or insult?
First of all, I can’t say I’m successful. I’d rather say the opposite.
One of the things you hear the most when people talk about me, is the lack of trophies. You can verify this. When you’ve been working in football for such a long time, and when you’ve been in for such a long time, given the opinion enough factual elements to draw your own conclusions about whether it’s positive or negative.
I’m sure you think you think it’s a positive one.

Fini
All over here. One of those more florid, personable press conferences we have seen at times this term. Full transcript from everything he said later...

One final answer on James - missed this earlier
I read with the fact he (James) will come. As Saiz is not in the club anymore, Pablo plays as a 10. And the fact Douglas was absent, Alioski plays as a full-back. At the beginning our wingers were Pablo and Alioski. For us, it will be important to have a winger.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #69 på: Januar 31, 2019, 20:59:59 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #70 på: Februar 07, 2019, 17:05:21 »
Før Middlesbrough borte:

We're in place...
We’re in place at Thorp Arch, where it’s a busy press room here.
Bielsa is due up in ten minutes.

He's here....
Right, let’s see what the Leeds head coach has to say....

Team news - will you look to make changes? Bamford, Phillips?
This will be the starting line-up:
Casilla, Ayling, Jannson,, Cooper, Alioski, Phillips or Forshaw, Klich or Shackleton, Roofe, Harrison, Bamford,, Hernandez or Clarke.
Forshaw and Klich have a problem with the knee, Pablo with the groin.. They will not play.

On attacking struggles
My answer to this question, I don’t have any problem answering again, the only thing when I repeat is that I feel it’s not very convenient for the listeners.
Regarding the offensive football, when we increase our efficient, our opportunities are bigger.
Our offensive play is very important and the inefficiency has an impact.
Regarding the offensive play that has been the basis of our team so far, I have two points of view on it.
The first thing is to neutralise the attempts that the opponent builds and on this aspect the team has always been efficient and regular. The second aspect has to do with mistakes we make playing out close to our goal and when we make them we make it easier for our opponent to build offensive action.
And on this aspect we have lacked consistency. Anyways, I don’t blame anyone for these kind of actions because when you put the ball from defence to attack by building the attack, it is indispensable if we want to attack well, when you go through this process you always have the possibility to make a mistake.
I never tell our players that they have to respect a certain style, but they cannot make mistakes. Our style includes a risk. The alternative path is ti use 50/50 balls but I think this is not convenient for us, it’s better to be faithful to our style.

Are teams changing their style to face Leeds?
In order to play well and dominate the opponent we don’t rely on the changes that the opponent makes.
We only rely on our efficiency and the development of our style.
When we play well we can beat any model from the opponent. And when we don’t play well, any model we are playing against is hard for us.

You took responsibility for the defeat - but what have your players said to you about responsibility?
I think that the last loss, when I make a decision, I take decisions that change the game, but when I see it was not the right decision, I cannot say it is the responsibility of the players.
In the last game we played we had some segments that would be worth looking at.
When you evaluate the facts, you can put aside the analysis.
The analysis has to analysis two aspects: What you produce in a game and what you get from the production.
In the last game if we were as efficient as the opponent we would have won the game.
If we hadn’t contributed in the goals the opponent scored we would have won the game by a large margin.
When we build our offensive play usually we don’t reply on the mistakes of the opponent. Because when we attack and when we attack well it’s not because the opponent made mistakes.
Usually we defend well and when we have to neutralise the opponent, usually we don’t have difficulties to do that.
And when we are too generous with the opponent when he attacks it’s difficult for us to prevent the opponent from building any chances.
In the last game the opponent had six chances to score and scored three goals.
And among the six chances to score they had we had a contribution that made it easier for the opponent to attack.
Apparently there is a space for criticism in this, but I don’t think so. I think when the style demands that when you move the ball from your keeper to the other box the possibility of losing the ball is inherent to this game., SO the player is faithful to the style the head coach proposes.
That’s why I can’t say the players are responsible..
There is an aspect where we’re growing. It’s the mental fact of accepting our own mistakes or not reaching what we’re looking for.
When we create mistakes, from a mental point of view our team feels it. And when we play 30 mins as we played the last game and we don’t score, it has a mental impact on our team.
So the mental response of our players regarding the ups and downs of the game, this is the responsibility of the head coach.
Take into account these facts.
The last game was one of the games we ran the most. We had the possession of the ball,clearly. We dominated the game, too. We created more chances to score than the opponent. The individual performance of the team was good enough.
So what kind of criticism could I make to the players? I can’t criticise anything.
And if I don’t have any basis to criticise the players, it’s normal that I take responsibility.
I spent so much time on some answers because I don’t want what I say to be put down the wrong way.
There is a habit that many head coaches around the world have, not only in England, but in countries where I understand what the head coaches say. There is a very common sentence. Usually they say they are responsibility for the negative cycle. If we don’t explain why, we enduce the listeners to reach the opposite conclusion of what we’re saying.
In realty, they say they;re responsible, but don’t convince the audience if they don’t say why, so the audience is invited to transfer it to the players.
I don’t have any doubt that your questions are always full of good questions. But the meaning of the question, as my answer was long, maybe we forget was to describe the responsibility of the players. Are they mature enough to do this? Honestly I think it’s my responsibility.
The last game had 3 segments. The first half hour, beautiful football and the last 15 minutes of the first half, the goal had an impact on our confidence. And at the beginning fo the second half I made changes and the team didn’t improve - they got worse, so my implication did not have the result I wanted. As the decision i took didn’t have the result, so I cam clearly responsible. Because the first half was good and I made changes and it became worse. So I’m doing self-criticism but with factual basis. But I like to be precise.
For me the first 25 mins of the second half were very important. Because in spite of not being able to build one chance to score we played in the opponents half and we didn’t conceded any counter attacks.
To sum up this moment, we knew how to play bad. To learn had to play bad means you can’t impose your style, but can prevent the opponent from building attacks. In the last 20 minutes, from my humble point of view we were getting the fruits from all our efforts we made in the first 25 mintues without having any chances to score.
And we played well again, created five chances to score and scored one goal and in the middle of this 20 mins, the opponent scored the third goal. But if you look at the last minutes of this game, the effort made by the team was moving. They kept running as if it was 0-0.
And they produced beautiful football, created chances and the team overcame the humiliation of losing 0-3 at home.
That’s why I wold like to make it clear, that the responsibility I am assuming is a true responsibility and I don’t think the players are responsible .
The day I assume the players are responsible, I wouldn’t tell you.

Is pressure starting to play a part in the season now?
I don’t think so. Because we play all the games with the same style.
The games we are playing have two models.
It’s when we strengthen what we deserve or we don’t strengthen what we deserve.
For example you have a few games like the West Brom one. I am finding out the criteria I am using to analysis, are not overwhelming shared by others.
I don;t think that the feeling I have after the loss against Norwich everyone has. But I’m sure of one thing - I can defend my point of view and if you want to make analysis of football you have to analyse what you do and don’t deserve.
You don’t need to make any analysis if you base it on the result. The point is that when you are in a negative cycle, any analysis that you make is seen as a justification, not a true analysis. That’s why sometimes I’m ashamed to explain all these things. Because many listeners think he is looking for justifications. Because among human beings there is the dogma of winning at all costs.
It’s a lot easier to give importance to the win than to not take into consideration into analysis.

Does naming your XI in advance help the opposition?
For me it’s not important all.

What are you expecting from Boro?
If I had to chose which was the hardest game we’ve played so far with frictions, the one that presented the most difficult physical challenges, I wold say it’s the one against MIddlesbrough. And I think this will be the trend on Saturday.

What will you change from that first fixture?
Nothing has changed.
We were not surprised by the way Middlesbrough played in the first game. W knew they would play this kind of game and in the duel of styles, Boro win. Because they didn’t play better than us, they didn’t have the ball, but they had more chances to score than us.
They prevented us from playing and being faithful to their method they were able to create chances. It was one of the few games we deserved to lose, it was a draw.

QPR rearrangement means three games in a week - problem?
No. You can’t find excuses. The idea when you have a game to play, you play it, you win it. Three games in six days is a difficulty to assume. Every game we run more. More than when we need. So far the games we lost, it’s not because we lacked courage or determination but the thing is you have elements that break conclusions. And the role of the media is to offer conclusions.
And if in this cycle we played the best game of the season, which was against Derby County, we have to take into account these details to evaluate the state of the team.
We can’t say that in this cycle we have this negative aspect and we have a game where the opposite happened.

How serious are the Forshaw, Klich, Pablo injuries?
Not serious because they have the possibility to play.
But I never put a player who is n doubt on the pitch. I never push a player to play. I only put him in the team if he’s 100% available to play.

That's all from Bielsa
Min første Leeds-kamp:

J.N

• På juniorlaget
  • "I'm pretty confident we'll go up this year" - Edd
    • Vis profil
« Svar #71 på: Februar 07, 2019, 18:31:19 »
Pressekonferansene til El Loco er fantastiske!

Promotion 2010

« Svar #72 på: Februar 09, 2019, 09:47:31 »
Angående å offentliggjøre laget før kampstart så har nok de høye herrer i klubben sagt noe om dette til Bielsa. Jeg tviler på at både Pablo, Klich og Forshaw er tvilsomme! Bielsa sier vel at Shackleton spiller. Da kan vi jo regne med at Pablo er den som er lengst unna en start.

Jeg tror at vi i fremtiden vil se mer tåkeprat om lagoppstillingen. Vi får se hvor Bielsa hopper... 
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #74 på: Februar 12, 2019, 22:37:30 »
Klarer noen å legge inn teksten fra denne?

Før Swansea, hjemme:

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-v-swansea-city-press-conference-live-blog-1-9589625/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Phil Hay

Bielsa's press conference starting now. Update on Jack Clarke's health: "He is under observation. We're doing some more evaluation to see what happened and we all feel relieved." #lufc

Bielsa on the late, late goal at Middlesbrough: "When you don't lose it always improves your mental spirit. But it's not only about the final result. It's about analysing the game. In that sense the conclusions are positive ones."

Bielsa talking about Gordon Banks, who has died today: "He is the glory of English football. He's also the glory of global football. He's among the best goalkeepers in history. That's only a small group when we talk about the best ones. This defines Gordon Banks." #lufc

Forshaw won't be ready for tomorrow's game. The only change will be Hernandez in for Clarke. "The situation with Adam didn't evolve as we thought it would so he won't be in the group tomorrow." #lufc

On Forshaw's injury: "We think it's not that serious. We hope he'll be available in about 10 days."

Izzy Brown will be in the squad tomorrow, having featured for the U23s today. #lufc

A big vote of confidence from Bielsa for Luke Ayling. Says he thinks he's dropped off slightly in an attacking sense but is still very happy with his performances and feels he's more than worth his place in the team. #lufc

Bielsa talking up Swansea. Says they've got more potential than they've shown so far and he likes the way they play. He's expecting them to counter-attack. #lufc

Berardi and Dallas will be used in the next two U23s game and then considered for the first team if they come through those. Barry Douglas should be back sooner than that (but isn't fit for tomorrow). #lufc

Bielsa on the promotion race: "We all agree with the fact that in the Championship we don't have any easy games. We know it's difficult to have good results. You don't win many games with a huge difference in the score. It's very difficult to draw conclusions." #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #75 på: Februar 12, 2019, 23:37:41 »
Hmmmm. Merkelig.

«A big vote of confidence from Bielsa for Luke Ayling. Says he thinks he's dropped of slightly in an attacking sense but is still very happy with his performances and feels he's more than worth his place in the team. #lufc»

Dette er jo det motsatte av hva Bielsa ble sitert på i Luke Ayling tråden der Bielsa mente at Ayling var svakere defensivt enn tidligere.

«The only thing that has decreased a bit is his defensive impact.»

???
Jon R.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #76 på: Februar 13, 2019, 08:44:50 »
Klarer noen å legge inn teksten fra denne?

Før Swansea, hjemme:

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-v-swansea-city-press-conference-live-blog-1-9589625/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Der var den:

13:13

Injury latest on Berardi

BIelsa says Berardi and Dallas will play the next two under-23s games.

That’s all from him now.

13:12

How difficult to assess the promotion race?

We all agree with the fact that Championship there are no easy games.

And we know that’s it’s difficult to have continuity.

You don’t win many games with a huge difference in the score.

We’re not sure either if the teams at the top of the table are going to beat the teams at the bottom.

All those who analyse the results of the Championship know that each game is important. And it’s very difficult to draw conclusions.

13:07

Are Swansea a better side than their league position suggests?

For me Swansea is a big team. It’s a team that hasn;t used its full potential so far. It’s a team that has a counter-culture.

They have players very good with the ball. And I like how Swansea play.

13:06

On the players fitness work

It’s not convenient to be overweight . But it’s not the only aspect that decides the physical performance. THe quality of the training sessions is obviously also important and the professionalism of the player is more important that the quality of the training session, because you need rest to get a good psychical performance. The thing that makes you have a better physical performance is the character, the personality. And if we make a mix of these three aspects, the most important one is the personality and the natural skills. Second is the professionalism and the third one is the quality of the training sessions.

13:03

On Luke Ayling's form

For me Bill Ayling is a great player. A complete player. When I say complete I mean he can manage all the aspects of the game.

He can defend as a full-back, as a centre-back. He has an aerial game that is not very common for full-backs. And if we divide the pitch into three segments on the right hand side of the pitch, he defends well, he is very well in playing out, he takes risks when we have to organise and use the ball and the only thing that decreased a little bit is his defensive impact.

He usually gets a grade about 7 points and now he’s getting a grade of over 6 points..

The thing we can’t do is to look at everything, so we divide and we command only the last games. THe only thing I can tell about Bill Ayling, that he contribute a little less in attack and usually he was getting a grade of more than 7, now it’s more than 6.

But for me he’s a very important player for the team. He is a player that is an example for his team-mates, the public, the fans and in football you have very few players who don’t have ups and downs.

And when Bill has less impact, he’s always has more than 6 points. Even in his downs he’s over 6 points.

Maybe I’m not objective. Because I have a very special respect for him, for what he gives to the tea. Because he always assumes risks. And because he’s influenced for this feature that I admire him. Obviously he’s better than what you think.

12:58

On struggles to score first

We all try to find explanations to this. You, the media and us. Nobody wants to concede the first goal.

There’s a price that we are not willing to play.

If we only focused on the fact to prevent the opponent from scoring a goal we would be doing something in the way you are proposing. If we share the energy between creating and defending the possibility for the opponent to score a goal is higher. This is scientific, mathematical analysis. But from a football point of view if you dominate you have more chances to score and more chances not to concede.

What is true is that usually we conceded one of less goals per game but now we concede more than one goal per game.

And with a specificity is that our team always contributes to the goal scored by the opponent. But it’s not very fair to say it’s a contribution.

But you have actions of danger or situatuons that depend exclusively on the team that is attacking and you have others that are made easier by the team that is defending. When you make it easier for the opponent to attack it’s when you make a mistake. But the mistake is part of football. If there’s something that you can’t ask to a football player, you can’t tell them ‘take risks but you can’t make a mistake.’

The best ones take risks and don’t make mistakes. They are very few. If you tell a player takes risks but don’t make a mistake, the player has one solution - not to take risks.

And if you don’t take risks in football games, the game becomes less attractive.

And then the capacity of winning decreases. You always compare yourself to the opponent.

If the only comparison we make is which team is not making mistakes when two teams with the goal of not making a mistake the game is not attractive.

12:52

Brown in your squad?

Yes, he will be with the group tomorrow,

12:52

Forshaw might be available - is that the case?

Forshaw won’t play tomorrow.

Casilla, Ayling, Jansson, Cooper, Alioski, Phillps, Roofe, Pablo, Bamford, Harrison will be the starting XI.

We think Forshaw’s injury is not that serious but the fact that he missed two games we have to take this reality into account. And we have more days after the game against Swansea, so we hope he’ll be available in about 10 days.

12:50

What are your memories of Gordon Banks?

He’s a glory of English football. And he’s also a glory of world football. He’s among the best goalkeepers of history and it’s a small group when you talk about the best ones. All these real facts define who was Gordon Banks.

12:49

How much did the late goal at Boro give everyone a lift?

When you don’t lose it always improves your mental spirit.

But it’s not only about the final result, not losing but it’s also about analysing the game. To evaluate what kind of responses we were able to give.

And in that sense the conclusions are positive ones.

12:48

Jack Clarke update

He’s under observation. We’re doing some more exams to see what happened and we all feel relieved.

12:47

Bielsa's here...

Let’s see what he has to say...

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Torpe-do

« Svar #77 på: Februar 13, 2019, 13:31:13 »
Meiner han har gjort det same tidlegare óg ved ein anledning - altså å kalle Luke Ayling for Bill Ayling? ;D ;D

jaho

« Svar #78 på: Februar 13, 2019, 14:04:28 »
Meiner han har gjort det same tidlegare óg ved ein anledning - altså å kalle Luke Ayling for Bill Ayling? ;D ;D

Luke har blitt kalt Bill i mange, mange år.. :)

Jon R

« Svar #79 på: Februar 13, 2019, 15:39:45 »

Er han en del av det kjente radarparet Bill Ayling & Luke Clinton?
Jon R.

Xern

« Svar #80 på: Februar 13, 2019, 18:18:59 »

Gratulerer, du er herved sertifisert pappavitser!  ;D ;D
Noen mennesker tror at fotball gjelder liv eller død. Jeg liker ikke den innstillingen. Det er atskillig mer alvorlig enn som så. - Bill Shankly

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #81 på: Februar 13, 2019, 18:40:27 »

...fikk vel navnet i Arsenaltiden.
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Jon R

« Svar #82 på: Februar 13, 2019, 18:59:32 »

Gratulerer, du er herved sertifisert pappavitser!  ;D ;D
Liker å tenke mer på det som sertifisert  Jon Herwig Carlsen vitser.  ;D
Jon R.

Buddy

« Svar #83 på: Februar 13, 2019, 19:22:27 »
"Casilla, Ayling, Jansson, Cooper, Alioski, Phillps, Roofe, Pablo, Bamford, Harrison will be the starting XI."

Hm, Bielsa som begynner å miste grepet, referenten som slurver eller jeg som ikke kan telle? Syntes det ser litt tynt ut.

jaho

« Svar #84 på: Februar 13, 2019, 19:32:40 »

...fikk vel navnet i Arsenaltiden.

stemmer, i akademitiden der..

jaho

« Svar #85 på: Februar 13, 2019, 19:34:21 »
"Casilla, Ayling, Jansson, Cooper, Alioski, Phillps, Roofe, Pablo, Bamford, Harrison will be the starting XI."

Hm, Bielsa som begynner å miste grepet, referenten som slurver eller jeg som ikke kan telle? Syntes det ser litt tynt ut.

de har vel glemt Klich..

JacobScreek

• På juniorlaget
  • *** LEEDS UTD - the greatest team in the world***
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #86 på: Februar 13, 2019, 19:41:14 »

de har vel glemt Klich..

...it could be 20 yards or 30 yards...
..Klich is scoring goals...
...40 yards or 50 yards...  ;D ;D ;D
There's only ONE United - LEEDS UNITED!
MOT...

Promotion 2010

« Svar #87 på: Februar 21, 2019, 16:18:54 »
Legger inn før Bolton, hjemme, her også:

Beren Cross
Good afternoon
Sit tight. We’re waiting on the main man from 1.30pm.

Bielsa's here
First question imminent.

Spygate judgement - pleased?
Yes I am happy it’s over.

Jack Clarke?
He is not available yet. One change is Roberts for Roofe.

Roofe latest - how long?
We don’t have a final date for his return. It will be between four and eight weeks.

Izzy Brown - how long?
He is making constantly positive steps and we have to link his improvements to the needs of the team to see when he will start.

Bolton - thoughts?
It’s very difficult to confirm in the games the differences you find in the table. If we look at the table we could think Birmingham couldn’t lost to Bolton and Bolton won. You have opposite examples too. The norm in the Championship is you won’t have easy wins for anyone.

Changes in Bolton since winning there?
I have a global idea of the Bolton team, but it’s not that detailed to make any comparison between the team two months ago and now.

Importance of Saturday with rivals winning?
In any case it’s important for us to get points. The final games we have to play are very important, each of it. We don’t feel obliged because the rivals have positive results. We don’t feel we don’t have the duty to win when the rivals don’t win their games. All the points at stake will have significant importance.

Douglas and Forshaw?
Douglas tomorrow with the under-23s. It’s his final step before getting back to the group if everything goes well. That’s not the case for Adam Forshaw yet.
His injury will need more time. It will be hard for him to come back in the next two games, the same thing for Clarke and Roofe.

Bamford progress - pleased?
When you have been absent for such a long time you need time to develop your sports performance. He’s making constantly positive steps to reach his best level.

Big expectations for Saturday - unrealistic in the Championship?
The expectancy is due to the fact Norwich beat Bolton 4-0. We are focused on winning, first that’s our goal. Then we are focused on deserving to win and then we will try to make the most importance difference possible.
This is our idea for this game. I couldn’t make any opinion on winning convincingly or not.

Benefit of 10-day break?

It all depends on the next three results. If everything goes well we will say the break was a good one. If it goes wrong we will say the break stopped the development of the team. We always have explanations for everything. The difficult thing is to find the right explanation beforehand.

Good rest?
I never get tired.

Enjoy this part of the season?
Of course. The axis of our profession is the competition. When the consequences of the competitions are final it’s when we are more happy.

Feel responsibility for the fans' expectations of promotion?
The expectancies of the fans are legitimate. We know what a fan feels thinking about the possibility of promotion. We have the same hopes as the fans. First of all, because we desire the same thing as them. Second because we assume we represent the feeling of people and this has to boost our strength.

Difficult living with that responsibility?

I never need external support to increase my desire my team needs.

This season going to last game?
It’s very difficult to focus on what has not happened yet because, among other reasons, one of the things making football most attractive in the world is because it is possible the team doesn’t deserve to win actually wins. If you want to estimate the results of eight teams it’s very difficult. If you add to that the fact you can’t make a logical analysis because it can happen the teams that wins is not the best one. Taking into account this it’s impossible.

Leeds unknown in South America but followed since Bielsa's appointment - still loved in Chile - what do you make of this love?
The only thing I can say is as a maximum goal we all have the aspiration to be loved. This is common for all human beings and I love Chile. I felt loved by the Chilean people. I never forget how admirable are the people who built Chile everyday.

How easy has it been to get to the heart of English players?
All the opposite. The English players have developed their capacity to respond to emotional solicitations. I’m talking about our group, our team. You are asking me about English players and I can only talk about my team.

Guillem Balague is here - how do you do what you do and why?
People who work in football are overestimated. It’s not only because many people are interested in it because you have many important things that interest only a few people and you have things without value that interest a lot of people.
The most significant thing in football is the love of fans for the club. The identification of many around something which allows them to gather together and express themselves. We live in an individualist society and the fact we have something to unite people and when you have the possibility to participate in this, from privilege, unfair it’s privileged, it’s something people desire.
It’s a privilege to be a participant in this.

Can you judge what you have given to Leeds the club and city?
There are some questions that invite you to give a demagogic answer. When you have the privilege of playing every two weeks in front of 35,000 fans it is something you can only thank and feel gratitude.

How does he deal with the journey and enjoyment of the process?
In English football, traditionally, you always have the time to develop your idea because the time allows you to get the best final result. This is culture in today’s word. Nobody expects, nowadays, has the patience to see the positive things you’ve done before and people always expect positive things.
I’ve read an article in El Pais weekly. I don’t remember the author. It’s a thinker. This person with a lot of culture talks about this subject in an extraordinary manner. The example of Real Madrid. Real Madrid, out of the last five Champions Leagues, they have won four and the last was just some months ago.
Even in this case, when you have four out of five Champions Leagues and the team stops winning there is a crisis. The person who gave something, instead of gratitude, develops the obligation of having to win constantly.
This article puts another admirable example. Some time ago, when you make a favour to someone, you felt you could feel the gratitude of the person receiving the favour. Now, instead of gratitude towards the giver, people think they have the right to ask for another favour again and again.
For me, it’s easy to make a link between these thoughts and your question. If you don’t make a link between the final result and the path you choose, not making the link between the result and the path is the only way to survive in this profession.
Those who value public results reject this. Those who value public results, either they praise the good things or they condemn, with strength, the bad things. This article also gives another example that is extraordinary.
I like talking about this. Now you see the novels are something fancy and a renowned author who made a series on TV instead of getting gratitude is being asked to make the next season. As if it was easy for Pep Guardiola to build the team of Barca and forget the goal every three years.

Why don't you do one-to-ones with the media?
As I can’t tell the truth I prefer not to give an answer.

All over
That’s it from Bielsa. Another of those 45-minute epics.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/marcelo-bielsa-press-conference-live-15864922
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #88 på: Februar 22, 2019, 09:20:59 »
Matt Bellair

Bielsa asking where @apopey is before the press conference began. Man does not miss a trick #lufc
Min første Leeds-kamp:

TK20

Tema: Marcelo Bielsas pressekonferanser
« Svar #89 på: Februar 25, 2019, 22:02:58 »
Ingen pressekonferanse før qpr?