Skrevet av Emne: Tema: Marcelo Bielsas pressekonferanser  (Lest 26584 ganger)

0 medlemmer og 1 gjest leser dette emnet.

Hallgeir *

Super Leeds since 1968

HåvardK

Sv: Tema: Marcelo Bielsas pressekonferanser
« Svar #91 på: Februar 25, 2019, 22:25:30 »
Ingen pressekonferanse før qpr?
Ingen i tillegg til den som det refereres fra to innlegg over ditt, nei.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #92 på: Februar 25, 2019, 22:54:31 »
Før QPR borte i hengekamp:

Stjeler denne fra Auren:

Bielsa on specific

The day after the game it is very difficult to do work. The day before is the same thing. But we had a close look at both the offensive and defensive play of the team.

Bielsa on FA Cup clash with QPR

Both teams won't play with the same players tomorrow. I think both teams will be faithful to their styles.

Clarke and Forshaw latest?

Clarke has to follow a pre-established protocol. Forshaw is making the steps to try and get back with the group.

Bielsa on promotion

It's a big hope that we have. This hope becomes bigger and bigger when you see how the fans are hoping to reach the goal.

Bielsa on Sheffield Utd and Norwich?

What they have developed and shown so far makes them deserve the place they are occupying in the Championship.

Important to go back top?

I think that from now on all of the games are very important. They will all have heavy consequences.

Bielsa on his future

The head coach stay or leave depending on the conclusion of whether we fulfilled the goals. We then take a decision from that.

QPR - what qualities?

It's a very clear style. It's a team that knows how they play with it. They know how to impose their skills. And definitely it is not going to be an easy game tomorrow, they're an experienced team and it will be a very demanding game.

QPR - lost seven in a row?

They can have a positive reaction or they can stay in the same negative cycle. We will try to influence the events so we can get the best result for us. We have to analyse each game of the opponent that there is a very small difference between a win and a loss.

Same starting line-up?

It will be the same starting line-up. Berardi and Douglas are among the 18.

Min første Leeds-kamp:
Strømsgodset vs Leeds, 19.september 1973

Promotion 2010

« Svar #93 på: Februar 28, 2019, 17:59:54 »
Før WBA hjemme:

He's here...
Let’s see what Marcelo Bielsa has to say.

Short week- how hard does that make preparations?
After the loss against QPR the fact that we are playing right after against West Brom doesn’t make it difficult. It’s the opposite.

Team news - does the games in succession make it hard?
No it’s not a problem to play three games in six day.

West Brom's threat
It;s another kind of opponent. An opponent that will play against us and this rival has the same conditions as us.

What are West Brom's strengths?

West Brom’s main skills are the quantity and quality of the offensive players.

What did you learn from the defeat in November? Or is this a different game?
It’s difficult to say if it’s going to be a smiliar game. Hopefully we will have another result and we will try to be better than the opponent. That was not the case in the first game.

How important is home advantage?

All the games are important, this one as well, and the fans have always come to the stadium.
And for us each game has capital importance.

Can the fans make a difference in these big games?
The fans always have a positive impact in the performance of the team.
The value of that is that what we do has an impact on their emotions and we always receive a postivie response when we make effort and we felt followed by the fans when we face adversity.
Without their support we wouldn’t be the team we are.

What have you done to lift your spirits from Tuesday night when you looked very deflated?
It’s an obligation in my profession to overcome the sadness and the hope of the next game is a good recipe for that.
And it’s completely natural to be sad after a loss. What is strange is when you’re not sad after a loss.
And to be full of hope when you are playing another game soon is also natural.
And it’s not advisable to think about the bad things and not think about the good things that are going to come.

Do you feel some people react disproportionately to defeat?
Maybe I didn’t explain myself well.
For me a win or loss is very important. Both things are very important. What I mean is that in order to draw an analysis we cannot just focus on the result.
The results are absolutely important but the result is not enough to explain a game.
And regarding the importance we give to a loss, it’s something common to teams who have a huge impact on people as is the case with Leeds.
When a win produces so much happiness it goes with a disappointment when the team loses.
And when a team goes though moments of frustration, it’s normal that we see a warning sign when we don’t make a step forward.
And our obligation is to make steps forward and neutralise the anxiety of the public.

Clarke available this weekend?
No.

How important is the situation at the top of the table going into the game?
It’s a right analysis and the loss was not an expected one.
When you see the glass is half empty you lose optimism and when you see the glass as half-full you lose self criticism.
And we need to have coordination between self-cricticsm and optimism.
We don’t ignore the advantage of our position in the table and we know we have to keep the advantages we have.

Have can you increase your conversion rate from chances?
You can’t train the efficiency. But you can train the capacity to create chances to score.
For me the fact that the team always deserves to score has huge value.
I am happy when we score goals because we deserve to score goals.
And I don’t make any conclusion when there is no correlation between the number of chances and the goals or when it’s the opposite.

Team news for WBA?
It will be the same starting XI and bench.

How would this Leeds side do in the Premier League?
I couldn’t answer this question because there are so many conditions that I cannot solve today. Any answer I give you wouldn’t have a substantial basis. But it’s not a basic question that you’re answering.

I was wondering if visualising your team in the Premier League is part of the process of winning promotion?
There is a principle that we all apply when we educate and raise our kids. We tell them not to spend what they don’t have. So I behave like that in this case,

That's all from Bielsa
Interesting as ever,
Pablo Hernandez up shortly.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #94 på: Mars 07, 2019, 21:13:21 »
Før Bristol City, borte:

Promotion, player relationships, VAR - 5 key takeaways from Marcelo Bielsa's press conference - Leeds Live

Marcelo Bielsa was on press conference duty on Thursday lunchtime as the Leeds United head coach gave his take on Saturday's trip to Bristol City.

The lengthy briefing touched on a number of subjects from the usual team news and injuries, to his thoughts on promotion, reacting to the win over West Brom and the relationship he has with his squad.

Here are the main talking points from the Thorp Arch session...

Bielsa is not dwelling on West Brom win

This is the first time that Bielsa has spoken since Friday night's emphatic win over West Brom, but as you'd expect, the Leeds head coach has not been basking in the 4-0 victory over their promotion rivals.

"It’s a game we have already played and the more time we spend on a game we’ve played the less we spend on the next game and the next is always the most important," was his typically Bielsaian take on the victory.

Leeds put in one of their best performance of the season last time out(Image: Alex Dodd/CameraSport)
"Of course, the analysis I make about the last game is similar to those made by the observers and analysts."

The question was then put to him as to whether this should be his side's new standard.

"It’s not the decision you take to play very well," he replied. "You try to play very well. With these efforts, the player finds the right state of mind to use all his skills and we wish to have the same state of mind again.

"To try to do the maximum everyone is capable of. Now it’s easy to say we want to play all the games as I played the last one."

All eyes will now be on how his side look to build on this momentum.

VAR and the 'difficulties' of being a referee

After Manchester United's last-gasp progression in the Champions League last night, the issue of VAR is front and centre of the British media today.

While there are no plans to introduce it to the Championship, it will be used in the Premier League next season and Bielsa was asked for his take on the system in its current guise.

Bielsa says referees have a hard job(Image: Simon Cooper/PA Wire)
"I don’t think my opinion is important. Those who evaluate the VAR, if it is convenient or not, those who propose this take into account many factors of the game.

"It won’t be my responsibility to express an opinion without knowledge. I can give an example of being in football all my life and I found the ball can be outside the pitch and inside the pitch. The basis in the game with Real Madrid, the ball was outside the pitch, but the projection of the line on the ball we saw 2cm of the ball were on the line.

"We all thought the ball was out as the basis of the ball was outside the line, but it’s not like that. This shows how difficult it is to be a referee. It’s that difficult we all make an opinion, judge the referees and we don’t even know the rules."

Marcelo Bielsa on the 'human relationships' that underpin his work at Leeds United 

What promotion would mean to him

The Leeds press pack soon learned not to press Bielsa too hard on promotion given his early season statements on the difficulties of trying to predict football matches.

But as we enter the final two months of the season the issue is still very much on the horizon and Bielsa was asked what promotion would mean to him. And as ever, he deferred to the fans.

Marcelo Bielsa paid tribute to the fans
"Of course it would [make me] proud. It’s not a goal that is easy to reach or a common goal. You evaluate the goals, the successes according to the impact they have on people and I take advantage of this question to make a comment on something.

"This is linked to the fans. Those who are behind a goal and they are always feeling emotion, they have an intuition of what happens in the opposite area because they cant see it clearly because of their position.

"If we evaluate the effective involvement of someone who can’t see clearly the game, and in spite of that the fans who are behind the areas have an important involvement with the team, we see what is the real involvement means.

"We do this job for many reasons and the most important thing is the happiness we can bring to those who find it harder to find happiness outside football. You have spectators that go to the stadium to watch a game, as they would a theatre and it’s a good thing too, we’re lucky we have people like that, but I’m more moved by the one who suffers for the team even if he can’t see.

His relationship with his players

Given the quickfire schedule of games and other talking points, it's been a few weeks since we last got a real insight into some of Bielsa's own personal philosophies.

But when asked about the satisfaction he takes from coaching, we were treated to a fascinating answer.

Marcelo Bielsa prefers not to get too close to his players(Image: Alex Dodd/CameraSport)
"Human relationships," he stated. "If human relationships are satisfactory, which means to love and being loved to respect and being respected, this is more important than winning and success.

"When you work with groups that are successful, we talk mainly about the human part of it, we don’t remember the game, we remember the behaviours, the anecdotes. We remember those we learned to admire, how to admire.

"Or others we didn’t admire that much."

And that begged the question, how close is he to his squad? In last week's excellent BBC 5Live documentary the likes of Patrick Bamford said that the Argentine keeps his distance from his players. And Bielsa had an answer for that.

"To answer your question, I love my players.

"Because if I don’t love the players it’s difficult for me to do my job well. The closer someone is to us, the better he gets to know us. And it’s sometimes better to keep the affection linked if we don’t see the other too close.

"If the players were closer to me, they would respect me less because they would see how I am really. It doesn’t mean I’m acting any behaviour but it’s better for them to see me from a certain distance than to see me closer.

"Because my goal is to maintain the relationship between 20 players that are looking for the same thing. In professional football the importance regarding the behaviour are very important. Sometimes when you criticise a player you have better results than when you praise him.

"That’s why the work of managing people is an art."

Injuries

As usual, Bielsa gave us his starting XI and unsurprisingly the side that swept aside West Brom on Friday all keep their places.

But injury-wise there was encouraging news regarding Jack Clarke, who has returned to training this week and is set to play for the under-23s next week.

"He is well, he’s fit," said Bielsa "He will play next week for the under-23s. Probably will be able after this game to be in the main group."

Jack Clarke is nearing a return to action(Image: Alex Dodd/CameraSport)
The under-23s are in action on Monday and Thursday night next week, so we will keep our eyes peeled.

Bielsa also admitted that Adam Forshaw's return from injury has been slower than hoped, but the midfielder is heading in the right direction.

"[He is] making slow progress, slower than we thought," Bielsa said. "We think he is close to his problem being over and we will rely on him soon. His recovery lasts longer than what he thought. We thought it would be faster, but the fact it’s taking longer is a basis for him to come back in better condition."

We know that Kemar Roofe will be sidelined a while longer and Bielsa said that while there is no comeback date in mind, Roofe is 'working very hard and he is very serious in his work.'

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Jon R

« Svar #95 på: Mars 07, 2019, 21:13:57 »
Ikke noen pressekonferanse idag?
Jon R.

Jon R

« Svar #96 på: Mars 07, 2019, 21:14:55 »
36 sek....
Jon R.

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #97 på: Mars 07, 2019, 21:52:33 »
36 sek....
...hadde vært morsommere om du hadde postet det 36 sek. FØR Promo :D
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Asbjørn

• Forum Admin
  • Moderatorer
  • Lorimer
  • LEEDS UNITED - the Pride of Yorkshire
    • Vis profil
    • E-post
« Svar #98 på: Mars 07, 2019, 21:57:05 »
Syns vi  bør ta med Marcelos kommentarer om fansen også. :)

1) De ordentlige fansen som står bak målene og ikke engang får med seg skikkelig det som skjer

2) ….oooog de som kommer der og ser på en fotballkamp slik som de går på teateret eller en klassisk konsert (hahah, LOL), slike fans respektere han også ;)

Jeg lar Daniel Chapman skrive det for oss: :)

The main part of Bielsa’s discourse today was about the importance of the fans, a riff he embarked on after Phil Hay asked if promotion with Leeds was a personal motivation for taking the job, and whether achieving it would be a personal satisfaction.

"Of course I would be proud," said Bielsa.

"It's not a goal that is easy to reach or a common goal. You evaluate the goals, the successes according to the impact and the emotion they have on people and I take advantage of this question to make a comment on something that drew my attention."

I’ll paraphrase his point, because Salim looked sounded like he was struggling a bit with all this today, but Bielsa talked about the fans behind the goals who "feel emotion all the time" even though they can’t clearly see what’s happening all over the pitch. In them, he says, "we see what the real involvement means."

"We do this job for many reasons, and the most important thing is the happiness we can bring to those
who have more difficulties to find happiness in all the moments that are not football."

I mean that right there is the quote that puts Bielsa in beautiful opposition to almost everybody else in top level professional football.

Back with the fans behind the goal, he said the fans who go to watch a game as they would go to theatre do a good thing too,

"...but I'm more moved by the one who suffers for the team even if he's in a position of the stadium where he can't see the full game ... I think as football has become an industry it has become worse in all meanings. And the only one that hasn't become worse is the one who loves the club. And we don't praise the fans enough."
Tell me - I've got to know
Tell me - Tell me before I go
Does that flame still burn, does that fire still glow
Or has it died out and melted like the snow
Tell me  Tell me

Dylan

Promotion 2010

« Svar #99 på: Mars 07, 2019, 22:17:50 »
Her er selve pressekonferansen i sin helhet:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p072wd9f

:)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #100 på: Mars 11, 2019, 23:11:22 »
Før Reading, borte:

Defensive improvement, injuries, Reading preview - Marcelo Bielsa press conference full transcript - Leeds Live

Marcelo Bielsa faced the media on Monday lunchtime ahead of Tuesday night's trip to Reading.

Leeds United take on the Royals off the back of another win, with the 1-0 victory over Bristol City on Saturday seeing them return to second spot in the table.

Here is every question and answer from the Thorp Arch press conference.

Another win at the weekend - four out of five, coming after a period of pressure. What has pleased you most about this run?

We just won by one goal difference.

In the last minutes of the game the opponent was close to our box and we couldn’t prevent the opponent from playing close to our box.

Leeds have won four of their last five
But we could manage well these minutes without conceding any dangerous chances to the opponent.

How pleased are you with the string of results you've put together?

Yes, I think that the results arrived at the right moment. But the most important thing is not what happened in the past but is what is going to happen in the near future.

What are you expecting from Reading?

The potential of the team is higher than the position they have in the table. The offensive players are fast, the midfielders are good.

Strong physical defence and they use the ball well.

Is Patrick Bamford fit for the match?

Bamford hurt his knee scoring the winner
Yes. It is the same group and the same starting XI.

How pleased were you with what you saw from Berardi when he came on on Saturday?

Yes, because Gaetano Berardi always makes the observers satisfied.

Is there any talk about the possibility of going back to the top of the league tomorrow night or is that something you don't think about right now?

Bielsa is focused on Reading
I am focused on winning the game tomorrow and I don’t take into account the possible consequences of a win.

Our first goal is to win the game then we will occupy the position that our result and the other results will allow us.

You'll be aware of the incident with a fan coming on the pitch at Aston Villa yesterday- You've managed in South America and in Europe where fans are passionate. Is this a problem do you think and how do you resolve it?

You find violent people everywhere in each country and in all activities.

You have more or less violent acts depending on how satisfied or unsatisfied are the citizens.

And it also depends on how important are the leisure activities are for them.

A person that does the thing we saw yesterday expresses a series of frustrations that are not necessarily linked to the football because the more satisfied you are with your personal life, the less you need to do these kind of acts.

Jack Grealish was punched by a fan during the second city derby
And then we have a series of norms to try and have things happen in a civilised way.

If we have just one case like that per year it’s an excellent proportion. Of course, we wish we had none, but the fact we only have one is a good indicator.

Are you expecting Jack Clarke to play both under-23s games this week?

He will play in the one today.

And then we’ll see how he feels after the game and see if he plays on Thursday.

On Liam Cooper - you said the players chose the captain and he's just played his 100th game as captain. In your opinion what are his qualities as a captain?

The fact the he represents his teammates is by itself a virtue.

It’s not up to me to describe the virtues the players recognised in him when they chose him, but I can tell you what I'm impressed about.

You can't find a better professional than him. He feels love from his profession apart from the fact it’s his job.

Saturday was a landmark occasion for Cooper
He is generous and prioritises the needs of his teammates before his own needs.

He’s always willing to help the others rather than asking for help.

He is always very present in times of adversity and he is very discreet when the team is successful. He doesn’t like the notoriety.

In terms of ability, do you think he's improved as a player this season?

The skills that he is showing now this season are the same ones that I saw last season.

With regards to that, the partnership between Cooper and Jansson was not your first choice one this season, but how impressed are you with how they've been playing together?

From an individual point of view they are playing at a very high level, both of them.

And they are two players with many skills and skilled players don’t have problems playing with each other.

And when Gaetano Berardi had to play with one another we had the same efficiency.

And when Bill Ayling and Kalvin Phillips had to play as centre-backs they played very well too.

But it’s true they play many games together and they are the defences structure of a team that attacks a lot.

Bristol City 0-1 Leeds United

There are not a lot of players who have played in the Premier League in this squad, but do you feel there are many who are capable of doing so?

I haven’t analysed the Premier League so I’m not ready to make this kind of comparison now.

But I can tell you any player that plays for Leeds now, they could play without any problems in the two European teams that I trained for some time, Marseille and Athletic Bilboa. I can make this comparison because I know both teams.

And as I haven't analysed the Premier League I can’t give you a convinced answer.

There's a lot of attention on Saturday's game against Sheffield United - is it hard not to look ahead?

I don’t think so because the points of tomorrow’s game are very important for us.

And you never start playing a game before finishing the previous one.

And you know as observers and those working in football when you look ahead for the next game before playing the one before you never have positive consequences. And I think this is a team with enough experience to have assimilated these conclusions.

Can I check on the injured players Kemar Roofe and Adam Forshaw?

They are improving every day. And they are making the positive steps we thought they were going to make and we are following their improvement with a lot of attention.

Lewis Baker has been in good form for Reading recently - what do you make of his time at Leeds looking back?

Baker left Leeds in January(Image: Andrew Kearns/CameraSport)
I wanted him to stay in our team. I didn't agree with the fact that he left.

He didn't need my agreement to leave but in his contract he has the possibility to leave.

I always had a lot of confidence in his skills. And I couldn't express this confidence by giving him minutes of play to show my position.

But I work a lot as to when a player comes in the starting XI he doesn't go out of the starting XI.

Usually the player who plays as a starter stays as a starter.  I only take decisions when I think they can be lasting descions. But I understand that in some situations you have players that can't wait.  Maybe Lewis Baker had emergencies which explained why he couldn't stay with us.  But the moment when he left I was feeling that he was becoming very close to becoming an important player inside the team.

But I understand his decision and his needs.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #101 på: Mars 14, 2019, 21:15:44 »
Før kampen mot Sheffield United:

Here he is...
Let’s see what the Leeds boss has to say..

Pontus says this is the biggest game of their lives - how big do you feel it is? And how significant would three points be?
All wins are important and none are more important than others at this point of the competition.
The analysis that shows that it’s not crucial, even if it’s not crucial it means we won;’t live it as a crucial game.

Do you get excited personally by a match like this?
Yes, of course.

Pressure bringing out the best in your players?
Taking into account the club we are in, every game is very important.
And of course we are reaching the final of this competition. Every games gets more important.
What we’ve done so far is important too. Because it allows us to be in this position now.

What have you made of Sheffield United and Chris Wilder this season?
The teams talk about the head coach they have.
Teams say a lot about the head coach they have. I’ve learned a lot about Sheffield United.
They have a new style of playing. They have been faithful to their style all season.
Each player is giving the best of himself.
ANd if you have a look at their players before this season, you see clearly the evolution. When we won against them it was a hard win and we probably didn’t deserve to win.
And for us it’s a big challenge to play against them and try to win the game.
A complement to the previous answer - our goal is compliment Sheffield United and beat them.

Any techniques to get your players to cope with the atmosphere?
You think rationally about the decisions but you get this energy to think about them through emotions.
For me the emotion that you get from big games is very important.
And our players have enough experience to manage this kind of situation.

Following your comments earlier this season, what is it about their style of play you would like to do?
I would rather answer this question after the game. I think I expressed what was my position.
And I don’t want to talk today about the nuances of the game or the opponent.
Any observer looks at them and sees a team with a different style.

Jack Clarke
He is going to play today.
We’ll see how he assimilates the game and I’ll take a decision after that.

Do you think Sheffield United will come and attack?
One of the features of Sheffield is they attack without stopping defending and defend without stopping attacking.

How important will start of game be?
Both teams have similar strengths, it doesn’t matter when you score, what matter is if you win or not.
If you score a goal sooner or later it’s important but the most important thing is if this goal allows you to win the game.

Wilder says Leeds have been best team this season - how much of a compliment is that?
I don’t like to make comments on my team.

Injuries and team news
They are evolving, They are in the final stages of their recovery but I can’t say anymore on that.

That's all from Bielsa
That’s it from BIelsa. He apologies for being late (in English), blaming Salim!

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #102 på: Mars 28, 2019, 19:03:17 »
Før Millwall, hjemme:

En del nytt i denne pressekonferansen:

Waiting for Bielsa
Expecting a new translator today too. Salim Lamrani is away and Carlos Corberan, who is having a very good week, has stepped into the breach.

He's here
For a short time, Salim was here helping us. Then one of the winning coaches here on the staff to help us.

Big defeat last time - any concerns after dropping out of the top two?
Every game is going to be key from this moment.

How have the players reacted since the match?
The focus was preparing the game.

Goalkeeper sent off - solution?
We have full confidence in the participation of the ‘keeper. Of course after the evolution we are going towards this evolution after the game

Good to play for NI?
Very positive.

Injuries - Roofe?
Roofe is not going to be fit for Millwall, but he will be ready for the next game after that.

Jansson and Forshaw?
Both players are ready for Millwall.

Racism - your experiences?
It’s like any type of discrimination to anyone, it’s very sad for the people.

Noticed an improvement in recent years?
Now other people are seeing these facts it is more evident.

Carlos and the under-23s - how proud and pleased?
I am very happy about it, for the players, for Carlos especially because he worked to develop these players.

Klich - what suits your play from him?
The merits are now too please about the improvement in the side. Mateusz from last year continued in the club. Victor Orta selected him to be in the squad. Klich worked hard to be a part of the squad,. The previous week before the season started he was insisting trying to move out of the club because he didn’t have space in the team.
This moment the club sold Ronaldo and Forshaw was injured. Baker was with us. Klich was the fourth option for Bielsa and became the first option. With time he was a very good player. He plays in a more difficult position in football. You have to do a lot of things. A mixed midfielder, sometimes right, sometimes left, he has to close down and attack close. He has to know how to attack and defend in the middle.
Not many players can do this, Klich can. He’s in Poland’s team. He is doing everything here now because Victor brought him here. He won his own space in the squad. In the pre-season I used Klich as a centre-back, I didn’t have the right interpretation about Klich.
With this example we are watching a lot of what we do generally for everyone.

Klich wanted to leave?
Yes.
Forshaw was the best player in pre-season. Ronaldo was a talented young player in the club. Baker was the new solution for this position. In this moment we played against Las Palmas, Klich played, then I was thinking Klich was the best. Before that, I thought about moving Klich out because he would be fourth choice.
To have one player as a fourth option in one position is not the best thing because then you are keeping the player and he will not play. Unbelievable his behaviour on the pitch. When something is positive I sometimes say it is better than it is, but there are few players like Klich making so many things in the right way. A lot of players attack and defend like him, make movements like him, they can play both sides too, more in the middle or sides, of all these we have a lot of players, but bind them in the same player is so difficult.

Millwall style?
Difficult to face. They have very clear styles. They came from two important games. It’s going to be a hard game, they will use counter-attacks.

Peacock-Farrell reaction since being dropped?
We can see the improvement in the player. You can win confidence during training. He feel he is going to play the game with success.

What impact has Casilla made?

Another thing we have to solve in goal is the effect of the last loss of the team. We lose playing here at home against the two teams in front of us. It’s very important. Something I have said a lot of times, if we analyse only the result we shouldn’t talk about football.
If we talk about football we have to talk about what we produce and the merits, so the analysis of the last game, in producing things it merits a lot. You can say it was very positive. After we cannot forget about the result. For us, the support of the fans is key, but we have to deserve this support, we have to earn it. In the first half of last game the fans made the team feel together with them.
When we starting conceding efforts in the second half, the fans have a memory linking with the difficulty they are suffering from the last few years with the team. We can understand this. The fans showed these doubts from these memories. We felt that in the second half.
We depend a lot on the support of the fans. We have the responsibility to have this feeling with us. I hope in the next game we have the same atmosphere of the previous game. When we went to the pitch and felt the support in the first 35 minutes we created a good five chances.
The team built these chances because they were brilliant for the fans watching. The link between the team and the fans increased our chances. Sometimes, when we have doubts the supporters are feeling this. This is what we have to avoid.
We have to take care and control every detail. We have to keep our fans with us, close to us. We have to avoid the parts we cannot control. Some analysis you cannot do, but how we build our options, and how the opponent build options, in the last game we created double the chances of the opponent.
Seventy per cent of the time we had the ball. This is important. If you analyse how many collaborations the opponent gave us and what we gave them, you can see the opponent needed our help. Our chances didn’t depend on the opponent team.
This is to make analysis, but at the end we lost the game. We have to change the reality of losing at home. We have scored the second most goals and double the chances of every other team in the league. We have had 250 chances to score, the others have been half of this. Top teams score one in three chances, poor teams one goal in five chances, but in the lower part they created 100 chances. We created 250, so the offensive play is the best we have and if we improve our efficiency or had more luck, maybe we have 10 points or more, but this is making analysis.
The real thing is the results. To correct, to improve we have to make this analysis. This evaluation with you is what we are telling the team.

Do you need to remind the players of all these good things?
It’s important they don’t feel disappointed in one game like that one. What you can criticise is this disappointed feeling. Knowing we have 24 points to play for is positive. We didn’t lose any of our optimism. Our obligation is to play well to win the games. Try to do the things we can in football.
Before the games you can have one feeling and another after.

Any psychological advantage for Blades?
Always I feel uncomfortable looking at the table to analyse others. I am making this analysis, but I don’t want to take merit away from the other team. At the end, they came to Elland Road and won an important game. It’s difficult to think their win gives them an advantage. The thing which creates an optimistic feeling for me is every game we leave forgetting the next games we are going to play. Before any game we have to ask if we are in good conditions to win the game, then you find this answer while watching. The last message was a positive one from the team. Maybe the first 35 minutes against Sheff Utd were the best this year.
Considering what we produced and the quality of the opposition, this was good.

That's all from Bielsa
Plenty more to come this afternoon from the boss.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #103 på: April 04, 2019, 22:09:51 »
Før Birmingham, borte:

Every word Marcelo Bielsa said on Roofe, Bamford, Birmingham, promotion contenders and Brown - Leeds Live

Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa gathered with the media this afternoon ahead of the Whites trip to Birmingham City on Saturday.

The Whites head to the second city in second, with a two-point buffer in the Championship table over Yorkshire rivals Sheffield United.

As expected, Bielsa confirmed top-scorer Kemar Roofe would return to the matchday squad for the trip to St Andrew's

Here is every word and answer from the Whites boss via makeshift interpreter Carlos Corberan.

Can we start with any team news? Is Kemar Roofe available to play? Are players like Gjanni Alioski okay? Are they fit?

Roofe couldn’t play with the under-23s because this week we didn’t play the game, but he is going to be in the squad for the next game. The same with Alioski.

[Barry] Douglas is no longer with the team due to his injury. We say sorry because we are not going to have him with us. We appreciate a lot he was a very brave player in the previous game.

He had a serious injury, but he finished the game playing. That is not something that Marcelo will forget about the behaviour of Douglas in the last game.

Alioski went off against Millwall, tactical or injury?

Birmingham City vs Leeds United preview

Alioski had played two games in the international break. His physical performance, talking about the distance covered between the attack and coming back to defence, was the same as he is doing always, but he’s still one step off full speed.

For Alioski to not have these levels for us is a disadvantage for us because he needs this type of level. It was the reason why we changed the player.

At the same time, he [Bielsa] was watching a very clear improvement in Douglas, then he thought to play with Douglas could give us one solution the team needed.

Championship rumours: Leeds United identify Samuel Saiz replacement, Norwich City complete deal

Patrick Bamford said on social media he didn’t have a good game last week, have you had to do anything extra with him?

No, the work we have done with him is the normal work, but he is a very serious player who takes responsibility in all areas. He has a very strong mind. It’s true maybe he didn’t play the best game in the last game, but his level of motivation is continuing the same.

The Birmingham game at Elland Road was frustrating, will you approach it differently this time?

Birmingham, after they beat us at Elland Road, they started a long period where they showed a high level with this team.

With good strikers and wingers, they are very solid in defence. In the first game, I didn’t feel all these skills. After they showed these skills in long period after they played with us.

Tyler Roberts reacts to the defeat after the final whistle. Championship - Leeds United v Birmingham City - Saturday 22 September 2018 - Elland Road(Image: Alex Dodd/CameraSport)

The fact they beat us is not the only reason to respect them. We respect them a lot too, because of what they have done all season.

You took off Kalvin Phillips early last time and said your tactics weren’t right, has that been on your mind?

We are playing the game in a different period of time. Then, the change was punctual reason, so I am not thinking about making any changes with Kalvin Phillips.

The key events which may shape Leeds United's promotion race this weekend

Will the top two be decided by the top three teams?

Football teaches us imagining what will happen is very difficult. One of the things of football is it is unpredictable. Imagining the future is not easy. At the same time, it is something that is not convenient because you have a very big gap of mistake.

Are West Brom[wich Albion] still in contention?

I have in mind all of the mathematics. We cannot say no it won’t happen until it’s not possible through the mathematics.

You must be delighted to have Roofe back, how difficult will it be to get him back into the team?

Cameron Carter-Vickers (left) and Kemar Roofe battle for the ball during the Championship match at Elland Road on Wednesday, February 13, 2019 between Leeds United and Swansea City(Image: Mike Egerton/PA Wire)

It is a long time playing without Roofe, that is something that is true. He couldn’t play any games to help him with the under-23s. We will see how fast he can adapt to the team and we will see this through the training with the team.

The under-23s games are a higher test, then the most important is with the first team. The only thing we have now are the dates of the training.

How excited are you to have him to come off the bench?

Roofe has shown before what he can add to the team, so for us, it’s important to have someone who can give what he can to the team.

The key figures from Leeds United's accounts and why they posted a £4.3m loss

Luke Ayling finished March with four assists and a goal, are you seeing the best of him?

After the period he came back to the first XI of the team, little by little, game by game, he was improving. Then his actual performance is a really good performance.

How’s Izzy Brown doing in training?

Izzy Brown warms up. Championship - Leeds United v Swansea City - Wednesday 13th February 2019 - Elland Road(Image: Alex Dodd/CameraSport)

Izzy Brown, last week, had a small injury. Now he has recovered from this injury. Then Izzy is one of the options that I have.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #104 på: April 08, 2019, 17:38:07 »
Før Preston borte:

Hernandez, Roofe, mental pressure - full transcript from Marcelo Bielsa's pre-Preston press conference - Leeds Live

Marcelo Bielsa spoke the media ahead of Tuesday night's trip to Preston North End as his Leeds United side look to move back into the automatic promotion places.

Leeds suffered a 1-0 defeat at Birmingham City on Saturday, while Sheffield United's win at Deepdale ensured they edged ahead of their Yorkshire rivals in the race for the second automatic promotion spot.

With Leeds playing 24 hours before the Blades visit St Andrew's, a win will send Bielsa's side back into the top two.

Here's every question and answer in full from the Leeds head coach's press conference.

Marcelo, second position has changed three times in the last three weeks, how important is it emotionally to keep things on an even keel and how important is it just to focus on the next game. From your perspective will there be more twists and turns over the rest of the season?

Leeds dropped down the third at the weekend(Image: Tim Easthope)
The illusions to be in first position or second position is a very high motivation because it’s the aim, the objective of one year of work.

And in the last part of the season we want to solve this equation.

And of course our motivation is high.

It's a quick turn around from the game at the weekend so will you make any changes? Will Pablo Hernandez be fit? And could Kemar Roofe be ready for a start?

There are possibilities that Pablo cannot play the game.

Pablo Hernandez is a doubt for Tuesday night
Roofe will go in his position if Pablo cannot play.

You play first this week before Sheffield United - is that an opportunity to load some pressure on Sheffield United?

In all the games that we are going to play from now until the end of the season they are all going to have the same condition, all of them - you have to win games.

What are you expecting from Preston? You've already played them twice this season.

It’s a different team inside the Championship because they play with a different style. The players they are using are different to the normal players.

What is the problem with Pablo and how serious is it?

He received a hit in the last minute of the previous game. His evolution today was a positive evolution. We are not going to take any risks if the game that he could make his injury worse.

Leeds United 2018/19 key stats

Is it his foot?

The ankle.

Kemar Roofe played some of the game on Saturday, how confident are you that he is ready to show the form he showed earlier in the season?

He missed a lot of time without playing. The minutes that he had in the previous game were minutes with very close space in the game.

To improve his level he has to play. We cannot verify his level in training. He has done a very high work to arrive to the game in very good physical condition.

You have to put this effort and work in on the games. But Roofe is a player who was very focused to come back into the team in his best conditions.

I get asked a lot about Ryan Edmondson - how close is he to coming into the 18-man squad?

He’s a very young player. In this moment in his position players like Roofe, Bamford, Tyler Roberts have played. There’s a very important difference, I'm talking about experience, between these three players and Ryan, but he has made a very good improvement from the beginning of the season until today.

How much do you feel the attention around the place? How much do you feel nerves at this stage of the season?

Birmingham did the double over Leeds(Image: Mick Walker/CameraSport)
I can talk about our team. I never watch the team overcome by responsibility or by nerves. This team know how to live in moments of adversity. And at the same time it's a team that keep their calm in moments of adversity.

Is there a mental aspect now for your team and everyone else? Is it as much mental as physical now?

The mind aspect is not in the opinion of the physical aspect. Both are good and can be conditioned. It's difficult that one team that is not physically ready can make a high effort only by their strong mind.

It's possible that one team which is physically ready is not able to show this if this team does not have a strong mind.

A strong mind means that you can use all of your capabilities.

Have you been impressed with their mental strength? You can judge physical abilities before you arrive, but their mental ones only after you work with them.

Sometimes the evidence talks about the team. We can verify my conclusions. You can ensure a strong mind with the capability of the team can manage adversity. At the same time you can make sure of this aspect too, about producing a team doing the things that you cannot control on football.

In these two things the team has shown to be a strong team.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #105 på: April 11, 2019, 15:59:48 »
Før Sheffield Wed:

Få spørsmål i dag!

Headache who to pick - no injuries
These types of situations are easy to solve.

Jordan Stevens - how has he impressed you?
The games with the under-23s are always a reference for him. In a previous press conference I was talking about three levels of importance: Championship, games in training and under-23s.
For the players not involved with us who have no minutes in the Championship I am very focused on them in training and with the under-23s.

What's his skillset?
He has all the necessary skills to play on the side in attack. Good quality and speed too.

Wednesday - how different under Bruce to Luhukay?
From the change of the coach they create a more stable shape and XI. They had good results. They use less players. They give a style of play in their games. The positive results are what they deserved.

Did you watch Blades?
I didn’t watch it.

Wednesday - one of the best performances of the season - how similar on Saturday?
More than the opponent, without watching the previous games, we have to win the five games left. When you have less points to win the league because there are few games left, the gap for mistakes is reduced. In football, every game anything can happen. The game of Norwich yesterday is a summary of this.

Does the timing of kick-offs make a difference?
Any of the results of our opponents make us play free or more difficult. With any result they get we have to win the games. For us, to play the games with the obligation to win is nothing new for us.

Is that why you're high in the league - because you always play to win?
You can do different interpretations of this. When one team is trying to speculate during the game and have good success, but when you try to take control... Must try to speculate more.
It means when you play to keep the result. The typical advice is to speculate more. When one team is winning by one goal and concede, they are drawing. You can say to them they should try to go for the second goal.
Always, everyone will claim the things that didn’t help them win.

That's all from Bielsa - Tyler Roberts up next

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #106 på: April 17, 2019, 14:39:08 »
Før Wigan:

(Leses fra bunnen og opp!)

That's it from Bielsa

12:53Beren Cross

Les Reed died - MOT writer - your opinion on his song and his motto?

I never can be asking for anything to the fans. The function of one thing is to give to the fans and provoke of them the reaction they have. Their positive reaction to the song. If their reactions are positive we have to go with it and if negative we have to change it. I realise how important the fans are in our actions. Sometimes, you cannot say, but it’s important for them to help our difficult moments pass. It’s important to communicate we need their support. A lot of coaches are asking for the supporters. It’s something very typical. Usually, the players demand the support more. A lot of coaches demand the support too. The fans have a high influence on our capability.

12:45Beren Cross

Response from Blades expected?

During the season all the teams are living similar situations. All with some injuries, with some positive and negative results. During the season all teams suffer injuries and losing players. At the end, you have the table.

12:44Beren Cross

Football is stylish enough to warrant PL football?

All the teams play with different styles in all the leagues. I am watching teams in the Champ play the same and different to us. In the PL, teams like City play the same as us and others who don’t play the same as us.

12:43Key Event

How has Leeds experience developed you?

This question is a question I will answer when all the games are finished because if you know the answer, I will go to some common places. I prefer to give a better answer, more clear when we finish the season. Everyone knows the results will have an influence on our emotions and opinions. We are talking about personal conclusions. Who is in charge of public works to give any type of conclusion we have to attend to what the fans are thinking.

12:41Key Event

Hard to be calm among the excitement?

True it’s difficult. I have to say with a lot of precision. When the atmosphere close to you is excited it’s more difficult to be calm in yourself. You need to have both feelings. To have the right value of both are difficult to balance. Need to have a link with amateur spirit, you have a link with the fans, at the same time, no footballers are not fans. At the same time, as pros, they need balance and calm.

12:40Beren Cross

How would you describe the team's spirit?

We are like an expectation. It’s a spirit of kindness(?) Spirit of responsibility around the importance of each point.

12:39Key Event

Cooper out?

I cannot say he is definitely out, but his chances are slim. Difficult to create a conclusion. Information I give has to be accurate. In this case, it’s not easy to have precision in the answer. I say Cooper is not going to play, but it may not be like this.

12:38Beren Cross

Message to players pre-Wigan?

The message is the same we are sharing with you now. Your questions create conclusions. Conclusion is the difficulty in each game does not have a link with the league positions. Difference mathematically between the teams is not easy to solve in the next games. We need to be focused on the next game and not the other games or league positions. Don’t be focused on the future games.

12:36Beren Cross

Wigan opinion - resurgent

I agree with your analysis. This is a team with possibilities for how they play is better than their league position. This situation has been repeated in the Championship. It’s something produced every week. Teams at the top are playing worse positions, but after you don’t see this difference.

12:34Beren Cross

Title ambitions? Norwich slipped

Our objective is to be focused for the three games in each game. After every game we have to adapt to the new reality. It’s three points.

12:33Beren Cross

Wilder said only three points - spoken to players about the big prize or just the next game?

Each game is going to be independent of the next games.

12:33Beren Cross

Pivotal run-in over Easter?

It’s a game we are going to play until the end of the season. Mathematical possibilities for all of them. For sure, in the next two games there are going to be differences.

12:32Beren Cross

He's here - team news?

We want to play with the same team because Cooper is not going to have a chance to come back. It’s very difficult for him to be ready.

12:23Beren Cross

In position at Thorp Arch

Sitting tight and waiting for the main man now.

« Siste redigering: April 17, 2019, 16:20:51 av Promotion 2010 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #107 på: April 19, 2019, 19:25:49 »
Tar med denne, ETTER Wigan:

Like irritert som oss i dag! Forventer full innsats på trening i morgen og altså; ikke hviledag!!!

17:17
He's here...
Here we go.

17:18
Defeat down to sloppy play and lack of decisiveness?

Any explanation that I could give would be meaningless.

It’s not a game that you can analyse.

Because you have games like today’s that you have to win. It’s not the point to give an explanation because the result tells a lot about me.

And condemns seriously my work.

17:21
What did you do wrong personally today?

If I look for reasons, explanations I will find in the game how to explain what happened. But you have no explanation that could justify a loss like today’s loss.

We had to win this game and it was a game that we could have won. And we didn’t win it. When you analyse the arguments that describe the game would give a different feeling than the reality.

Everything can happen in football. But today only one thing had to happen - that was we had to win.

When you analyse you describe the game but I don’t want to do that because there is no explanation for a loss like today’s loss.

17:23
What can you do to ensure that doesn't happen again in two days time?

This is a very serious wound in the worst moment. And the only relief we can have is to get promoted. What we’ve done so far is not enough. Good but not enough. We need to have more strength in a moment of mental weakness that was not expected. This is a challenge for all of us. Especially me because I’m the head coach and three hours ago I have been described as the maker of this reality and therefore this new reality that is different from the reality before the game is also my responsibility.

17:29
Your tactics have been so good this season - does it come down to the players as well as you today?

Honestly I don’t think so. I don’t want to say what I’m going to say now.

We had all the ingredients to win deservedly the game today.

But you have some games where it’s not just about deserving things, but it’s also about getting these things. Honestly I don’t think the players are responsible because we haven’t won today.

What criticism could I make? What could I point with my finger? The player has the duty of giving everything and being ambitious.

When you have these three ingredients, ambition, effort and commitement and you don’t get what you’re looking for, it;’s not the responsibility of the players, but the head coach, And what we’ve done so far doesn’t have anything to do with it. It has to do with this specific moment of the season when everything was in our favour and we couldn’t take advantage.

If you analyse the game and you don’t find the responsibles there is no doubt that responsible for this is the head coach who didn’t find a path to win the game.

The games we have to play are going to be difficult than the game we played today. And if we don’t get promoted it won’t be a season to be remembered. It’s not because we have the obligation to be promoted. But it’s because we arrived at this moment with all of the conditions to get promoted. We lost the ranking we had and the games we are going to play are going to be a lot more demanding than the games we’ve played so far.

In an hour I will be thinking about rebuilding our possibilities because we will heal this wound only by getting promoted. If there is a team that has been unlucky it’s been our team in all, or at least 90% of the games. Today’s game everything was in our favour to take advantage of the moment. Destiny gave us a hand today, a red card for the opponent, a penalty, 15 chances to score and there is no doubt that I field the whole responsibility

17:32
How raise player spirits for Monday?

Do you think that we needed motivation to play today’s game? You get the motivation from what is at stake.

We were motivated and we will have motivation in all of the games we have to play.

Today’s game was not lost because of a lack of motivation. That’s why I don’t want to make an analysis. The elements of the analysis don’t condemn us, the result condemns us.

Any criticism that you could make, the development of the game would have neutralised any criticism. But we lost the game. You have games that you just have to win. And if you lose the game, explanations are useless.

I am very sad, but I am full of motivation and I’m ready to work again immediately in these games. What we need is a breath between two games. But reality denies us this moment of relaxing and this obligies us to send the messages to get what we are looking for.

I’m sure it will be a lot harder than it has been so far.

17:33
Cooper fit for Monday?

No I don’t think so.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #108 på: April 27, 2019, 01:53:51 »
For å si det med Asbjørns ord:

Pressekonferansen - ikke alt er like lett å skjønne...

Good morning...
Morning folks and welcome to our coverage of Marcelo Bielsa’s pre-Aston Villa press conference.
The Whites head coach is due up at 12.30pm to run the rule over Sunday’s clash, so get settled and we’ll crack on....

Adam Forshaw also due up
Once we’ve heard from Bielsa, Adam Forshaw is also set to face the press.

He's here...
Here’s Marcelo Bielsa. alongside his trusted translator Salim Lamrani.
Let’s see what he has to say...

Disappointment on Monday - how have you managed that this week? Hard to pick everyone up?
You can feel only one way and we feel this way.

Tough to get players back up? They were flat after the game
What happened was unavoidabl.e. THe way the palyer feels is normal, if they didn’t feel that way, we would worry about it.

Still thinking about top 2 or is the play-offs the focus now?
Whatever the reality says.

What expecting from Villa? Win give important mental edge?
Of course we need to play a game to rebuild our optimism and winning Sunday would be positive in that aspect.

Any new injuries?
Apart from Roofe and Alioski, all the other players are available.

What's wrong with Roofe?
He has a problem with his hip and can’t use his maximum speed.

How long out for?
It think he will be available sooner [than the end of the season].

Bad luck with injuries?
As an average we miss four players for each game this season

How are you feeling yourself, Marcelo?
I already said how I feel in the last press conference.
And I don’t think it’s necessary to repeat.

How do you lift yourself? Take yourself away from it or anything?
I think when you receive a blow, to ignore the consequences is not the right path.
Pain has a natural process for disappearing and if you want to force or hide this process, it is meaningless.

Supporters want your work to continue here regardless of how the season ends - what would you say to that?
It’s not up to me and I don’t have any more response to that.
It’s not a decision that we have to take now and it’s not the right time to give my opinion.

How confident you can recover your best football?
We don’t need to recover this football because we haven’t lost our football. When you lose, you lose. It’s obvious. But we can’t ignore the way these losses happen.
When you lose you don’t always have the same message. When you lose at a specific moment it’s not always the same message that comes out.

I am going to give you some figures that are not taken into account, but for me have a lot of value.
Our team this season has had 300 chances to score. And we had 100 chances more to score than the first and second teams in the table.

And we have 14 players who played this whole season. To give you an example, Douglas, Alioski and Davis, our three left-backs of the team, all of them have three knee injuries.
So when you take into account this reality, you must have to take into account what the players have done at the right level.

If only 14 players have played the whole Championship. If we need six chances to score one goal and our rivals need only three., the only feeling I have towards our players is respect and consideration.
The game that decided our fate was the game that we lost at home to Wigan.

In that game we have 15 chances to score and we have more than 70% of possession. The final result was a decision of God. I know that what I am saying, people will deduce it with irony, sarcastically. No one wants to miss a chance to score and you don’t evaluate teams by the goals they score, but by the chances they create. But of course teams that are efficient make a difference. We were not efficient.

But then when you play a competition with a small number of players and also the injuries we have had that are muscular are to do with luck, so we were not helped by destiny in that sense. I am very happy with all that I received from the club and the sporting director but there are things we obviously couldn’t get and I always describe myself as responsible of the situation. I know what I’ve done to find solutions and I didn’t find solutions. So this is the story. But what we can’t say about our team is that they couldn’t assimilate the pressure.

Because you don’t assimilate the pressure only when you don’t use the skills you have.
Remember what I say now, as you will be able to verify it.

You won’t have one single player in our team that would be able to reproduce the same level of performance in another season, because we have been very demanding with them and they give everything and they have the figures that I am checking all the time that show what I am telling is true. The players won’t be able to reproduce the levels they have shown in another season.
We can say that you can’t support the pressure and undergo the pressure only if you know you say that and you know what the pressure is. If you say in the last X games you lost 5/10 games because you couldn’t handle the pressure it’s not only about the team who wins can stand the pressure. It’s about how you win and lose the game.

You mentioned things you couldn't get - transfers?
I don’t have any criticism to anyone. Everything that could be done was done. You know that James was going to come and didn’t come in January. I’m not underlying the importance of the absence of James, I’m underlying that the club struggled to get James. The club did everything, more even, that they could do to find solutions to the needs of the team.

But with James or without him we should have finished first or second without any doubt.
The game against Wigan illustrated the trend that the team has had all season. We had many games we deserved to win and didn’t win.

But the game of Wigan was an example of this. Obviously it was not our destiny to finish 1st or 2nd and we couldn’t explain it. Or maybe we could have an explanation. We need to have twice as many chances to score as our opponents. But you can’t say a team that has 15 chances to score and 75% possession that they didn’t deserve to win.

If I was a fan listening to this, I would say that this is not enough of an explanation. It’s not enough to heal the dissolution. Our state of mind is not linked to a personal matter, the personal pride of reaching something. But it’s just because we were not able to give a response to the hope of the fans.
Those who are in the world of football give us possibility that the vast majority of people don’t have no matter what they do.

It’s the possibility of producing happiness and hope. and when you produce sadness and disillusion you can’t prevent that the arguments you are giving will erase these feelings. For some losses and some feelings you don’t have any arguments and football is a proportionate element. And someone who listens to this press conference will say this man is talking about a big loss like he is talking about a big loss that you couldn’t heal. The fact we’ve not finished first or second is not something you can’t change and we feel that. And the fans more than us.

So you can’t hide the fact that people suffer because of this. When I say what I’m saying I always think how people will evaluate what I’m saying.

And people feel indignation because I feel like that. They have more important issues than this. Football is like that. I make comments on football and I also look at what life is, that’s why what I say is strange.

What are your options at left-back?
Dallas.

How well are Aston Villa playing at the moment?
It’s a team with an offensive skills that are different to other teams. Many offensive players, many wingers, offensive spirit and many are playing at a high level.

Have you known a season as drastic as this in terms of ill fortune?
I would say that my results link me more to defeat than to success. In my personal career.

That's all from Bielsa
Some weighty answers in there.
That’s all from Bielsa, Adam Forshaw will be up next.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #109 på: April 27, 2019, 12:33:46 »
For å utdype:

Johnny
This gives the impression that Bielsa is saying that the team will not be able to perform as well next season, as they did in this.

Is this correct, Marta?

Marta Parodi
Bielsa begins by responding to a "supposed pressure" on the team.  and he says that his players assimilated the pressure well, because "assimilating pressure well" means being able to use the virtues and resources that the team possesses.

After Bielsa praises his players and says that the effort made by the players is so great "that none of these players will be able to repeat a campaign with the level of constancy and performance this year" (refers to that they have given the maximum  ) and concludes...

Dr.T.
Spoken to Marta and another Spanish speaker. Fairer : I could not ask the players to repeat this season (differently) They have given everything
 I have data to prove it.

8)
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Blank_File

« Svar #110 på: April 27, 2019, 12:55:07 »
For å utdype:

Johnny
This gives the impression that Bielsa is saying that the team will not be able to perform as well next season, as they did in this.

Is this correct, Marta?

Marta Parodi
Bielsa begins by responding to a "supposed pressure" on the team.  and he says that his players assimilated the pressure well, because "assimilating pressure well" means being able to use the virtues and resources that the team possesses.

After Bielsa praises his players and says that the effort made by the players is so great "that none of these players will be able to repeat a campaign with the level of constancy and performance this year" (refers to that they have given the maximum  ) and concludes...

Dr.T.
Spoken to Marta and another Spanish speaker. Fairer : I could not ask the players to repeat this season (differently) They have given everything
 I have data to prove it.

8)
Den siste biten der virker mer som en typisk og korrekt oversatt Bielsa uttalelse.

Promotion 2010

« Svar #111 på: April 27, 2019, 13:43:33 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #112 på: Mai 03, 2019, 17:56:38 »
Sesongens siste liga-presser:

Pressekonferansen - som det konkluderes: Another epic!

Team news?
Bamford won’t be in. We have a doubt with Tyler Roberts. The same thing with Stuart Dallas. About these two doubts we might have a positive outcome with Stuart Dallas. With the problem of Tyler Roberts it is more complex.

Roberts for play-offs?
No, because they are not serious injuries.
(tipper det mangler et 'out' fra spørsmålet...)

Bamford reaction
I tried not to judge those who are here to judge us. It’s a fact Bamford simulated he received a kick. There is no point in talking about it. Anyway, you have conclusions that are important to underline.
These kind of behaviours, conditions, situations, you can have in the future. In some way, in my work, I sometimes have the obligation to make justice. I mean I have to manage the interests of the players fighting for the same positions and sometimes I reward with a decision and punish with decisions.
Why I have to take a decision to punish someone, I have in mind, a principle you always have to remember when you make justice: all the acts with the same nature must be judged with the same severity.
This is a conclusion that offers this decision against Bamford. After the decision against Bamford, all the same acts have to be judged with the same severity. Otherwise the opposite of my principle is to punish but making differences. Important risk for those who make justice.
I’m talking about myself because if I judge and don’t apply the same criteria for the same situation it’s not right. Another conclusion that is important, when we make a mistake you have to assimilate the details in the same conclusion.
Punch becomes an aggression. According to the capacity of resistance of the one who receives the punch. If the the recipient is strong it’s not an aggression. If the recipient is not strong it’s an aggression.
We can understand we can’t feint the punch when we receive it, but we can’t judge the strength of the punch based on the recipient. Obvious conclusion is if you punch someone and this person is strong enough it’s not an aggression and if you punch someone who is not strong, this is not an aggression. That is the conclusion.
Another conclusion you can draw from this case, when the authorities on the pitch, referees, can’t judge what happened inside the pitch during the game, of course, regarding this episode, the possibility the referee makes a mistake, the same way when a referee is afraid of a mistake and asks for help to take the right decision, when we receive a sanction we are allowed to ask for help to solve possible mistakes of the referee.
The referee can go to a commission and tell he needs their help because he had to manage many things during the game and we all know it’s not true. He knows he made a mistake and that’s why he asked for help to justify the mistake he made because he hadn’t made the mistake he would have found someone cheated, if he found out he would have red carded El Ghazi.
As the referee made a mistake, he doesn’t say I made a mistake, he says I had to take into account many things and maybe made a mistake. This is not the case.
Immediately after the game the referee knew he made the mistake. He asked for intervention of the commission saying he had to manage many things and maybe he made a mistake, and this is not true.
Of course, these are my conclusions, I’m not discussing the decisions taken, but we have the obligation to describe the procedure of those who judge us. The conclusions are very clear: the ones I just gave and the system works like this. I’m not discussing it because I have to submit myself to their judgement, but not to criticise them.
When the authorities take decisions they send messages we have to assimilate. All this interpretation you can find out by the decisions taken because they don’t give an explanation. They don’t tell the public how they reached their conclusions, but as those who have to respect the rules, we have the obligation to interpret them in order to not make the same mistake again. The messages are the three I gave: I’m not discussing anything. I have to say how we should behave again to avoid this again.
Hopefully the conclusion of this boring explanation. I’m not saying I’m against the norms, I am interpreting the norms. The interpretation is an obligation I have for a norm which is not clear enough.
We have 15 people here. If I’m wrong I would be thankful you tell me and there may be some details I am not aware of. I don’t want to make a mistake because all the conclusions we draw for what happened in the last game allow us to educate the public. I’m not saying the rules are wrong, I’m saying ‘these are the rules’.
I wouldn’t like to risk describing, in a bad way, the rules. I want you to tell me if I’m wrong. I can be wrong. I went to the limits of the rules to draw these conclusions. It doesn’t mean you can’t ignore this aspect or your explanation is wrong because you haven’t accounted for these facts, If this was the case I apologise.

What we can’t say is this is my interpretation and yours is different. Nothing changes if we say this.
From the decision taken, the conclusion must be, if you receive a punch, if it’s a punch, if it’s just a push it’s different, you can’t analyse the strength of the punch. You know it’s a punch, not its strength. Measure the effect and the only one who can measure is the recipient. The conclusion from the decision means the player receiving the punch falls down it’s strong and if it’s not it’s not an aggression.
When you punch someone, the conclusion from the decision, and it’s not strong it’s not an aggression, but if it’s strong it is an aggression. In this case, if the player is strong it cannot be an aggression and vice versa.

You're never boring
All that matters is if I’m right or wrong because when I communicate it’s important, not for our relationship, talking about you because of special respect for you. I feel free to tell you I’m not interested in your opinion, more the message you transmit to the public. Interested in your opinion in the case and, like I’m interested in others, because I have the hope if you don’t tell me I’m wrong, to allow me to exchange opinions, you’re telling me I’m right, but of course, there’s another authority.
Another aspect. My job is not to argue with you. Imagine my ambition is to say all the people agree with me here, but it’s very hard to obtain this.

Issue over transparency for all of us - Ipswich and Roofe ready?
Yes. He’s fit completely. We can’t ignore the fact he has spent time without playing 90 minutes.

Thank you
As we’re clarifying things.
The sanction I received of £200,000 is a financial sanction the club received. Sanction against the club and not me, but I’m responsible. That’s why I paid from my pocket.
I never said this and I never said the opposite, what I’m saying now. I have never said if we don’t get promoted I won’t carry on my work here. I haven’t said I would leave or stay. I just said it was not the moment to discuss it.
I just said it’s receiving the proposal and accepting or not. I would never say if we don’t go up I will leave because otherwise you would say the importance of this club is linked to the division it plays in.
For me, this team and club are important in any of the top three divisions and I am not saying this with demagogy. I don’t want people to think I’m not thankful because after the year here I only limit my evaluation of Leeds to the fact they play in one division or the other, it would mean I am not thankful.

Play-offs - thoughts on concept?
We should put a limit somewhere. If the third place is promoted you will only have possibilities for three teams. With the play-offs you have expectancies for the two promoted and the four between third and sixth. I’m not the right person to make an opinion, but from what I saw I saw you have few teams with nothing to play for in the last games because many played for sixth or avoiding relegation.
For me, it’s an unforgettable experience in this Championship because I discovered many pitches, many fans and lived many experiences.

Analysed play-off opponents?
There’s a big important head coach I admire and love, Edvaldo Berisso (?). He told me one day you take the risk of being paralysed because of the excess of analysis.
I think I have responded with this. I always have more data than what I need. See what happened when I went through this data.

Tempted to change?
Every day.
As I have been doing the same things for many years inside myself I can’t change it. When you’re old as me sometimes we tend to give advice as conclusions. The obsession doesn’t improve people it makes people worse.
There is an ideology that links obsession with efforts and work. You know in which segment are the workers and those who make efforts and a class tells workers if you work hard you will get rewarded. Of course, the effort has a reward, but the message is not transmitted like that.
This message is interested in one class to give to the workers. That’s why the obsession for the work is well done is as bad as the absence of effort.

We do agree on Hourihane being ignored was wrong
It’s clear why he was not cited by the authority because they treated the subject.
It’s not it hasn’t been judged. It has. They think his punch was not an aggression. That’s why I make my conclusions because otherwise I would deeply mistaken.
I don’t know what information you and the fans have, but I’m giving you my opinion based in the conclusion given by this commission this punch is not an aggression.
As I accept the decisions of the authorities I explain from this conclusion I reach my own to say if the recipient is strong it’s not an aggression.
This is the conclusion I reach based on their explanation. The only person measuring intensity is the recipient. Only think to evaluate is the resistance of the player and I’m going to tell you something I shouldn’t.
This interpretation invites people to say ‘what is the conclusion you can reach?’ You should go to the ground with every punch, even if they just touch you and simulate the strength. The only way to get justice.
At the same time, they sanction those who simulate, they invite people to simulate. Am I wrong? (No).
I’m not saying that to strengthen my position, just to see if I am mistaken.

On Lionel Messi's performance this week
What could I say that hasn’t been said so far, if you want to talk about Messi?
If I had to talk about Lionel Messi and say something new, I would put the picture where the ball goes through the goal and the position of the goalkeeper.
You just have to feel admiration for this goalkeeper, because how did he reach this position? And by doing this thing, someone can say, ‘yes but he lacked a centimetre’. And at the same time he did that hundreds of times. So there is nothing new you can say.

What are your conclusions of a year here?
Christian, as you work in Argentina, I would love to give you two details to clarify things.
In the Villa game, our players had a black band because they were mourning something. Jansson was not the captain, it does not change anything.
It’s wrong to say Jansson was the captain and took this decision. The second aspect to clarify, the episode has nothing to do with the referee. We can’t link between the referee and the decision we took.
What explains the rival was right is the moment of doubt we all had when Roberts stops playing and makes the pass.
This episode, which is decisive, could not be sold by the referee. It made it easier for us to score a goal. Without this detail it would be harder for us to score the goal.
There is something evident. How we would have felt in the rival’s position? That’s why we took the decision.
Regarding your question: the English fan, all those in the pitch, those who work in the industry, we are all affected by it.
Nobody is natural. We are all infected. Those working in the industry are all infected and the only pure people are the fans. The English fan is different to the fans in other countries. I don’t know how English society is outside football.
What I am sure of is the English fan rejects undeserved advantages. All over the world, the extraordinary thing about the fan is, especially in Argentina, the unconditional love. This is not very frequent in other aspects of life. What I have seen here in England, the fan says, even if I love you a lot, I’m not ready to accept something if you don’t do sportsmanship. I don’t know if this is right.
I don’t know about society in general when I put this concept in other aspects of not accepting undeserved things, but in football it felt like that.

What do you think about Argentine football from afar, the national team, the clubs compared to his own experience?
It’s difficult to evaluate it from outside it. I love Argentina and it’s football. It’s always means a lot to me Argentinian football keeps its importance.
I’m full of hope because fans always love their clubs even more and care about their clubs even more. I have read the other day NOB sold 600,000 shirts. Maybe it’s not important for people here, but for someone who loves Newell’s it’s an expression of love for the club.
In football which is professional here it might not have importance, but this fact is something moving because their sacrifice to buy the shirt is important.
They only afford to buy the shirt by sacrificing many things.

All over
Finally. Another epic.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/marcelo-bielsa-spygate-leeds-united-16220370
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Cherry

« Svar #113 på: Mai 03, 2019, 23:43:08 »
El Loco, vår kloke fotball nerd... snakk om sjølvironi og innsikt i d meste.
Digger ;)

Promotion 2010

« Svar #114 på: Mai 04, 2019, 15:42:48 »
Joe Urquharte, kommenterer pressern:

Bielsa in absolutely incredible form today. #lufc

Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #115 på: Mai 09, 2019, 18:20:30 »
Pressekonferanse før play-off borte mot Derby:

Pressekonferansen:
He's here...
First question coming up...

Team news - Roberts fit? Everyone else ok?
Stuart Dallas will play, but Tyler Roberts will not.
There’s a doubt with Jansson.

What's been your message to the players ahead of the play-offs?
This event, it’s a football episode that everyone wants to live. You have two prizes at the end.
Both semi-final games are gong to be very attractive and the winner will play a final at Wembley and it will be a spectacle and the team that wins will go up. You can;t have a bigger goal than this.
The motivation comes by itself and the preparation is the second aspect.

A lot has gone on between the clubs - will that motivate Derby?
Could be.

Have you had anything in your career you can compare this too? A semi-final with so much at stake?
Yes. I lived these kind of situations, I am familiar with them.
In Argentina or elsewhere?
Yes, many times. What I can tell you is I’ve been through this many times, Copa America, Liberdatores, Olympics. What I can tell you is I lost all the finals apart from the final of the Olympic Games

Does the Champions League results show you that anything is possible? Motivation?
Sometimes football gives a call to other sports that it’s impossible for other sports to overcome it as the top sport.

Have you grasped how important promotion would be for the city?
Yes, of course. I always think that the salaries we earn as exaggerated but sometimes I think they are not important enough.
And I have this feeling when we think about the responsibility that we have as we have the hope of many people. We always earn a lot of money. Apart from the fact that we think the impact our role has on the hopes of the more humble people. As poor people it’s harder to have access to another kind of happiness than football and many times they don’t have many opportunities to feel proud of things like they do for their club. It’s a big opportunity for us to fill this hope for all of the fans, especially the poor ones.

How would promotion compare with achievements at Newell's?
The impact that this had on Newell’s, the fans, the public, I couldn’t compare anything, taking into account my career, to what happened at Newell’s. For us football is a lot more than it is for you. Because you keep a level of moderation here that give the right importance to the results. The sport result is in the right place.
The fans of Newell’s can’t do that.

How much of a personal achievement?
Of course. I would feel very proud.

Lampard said you were superior when you last met - will they try and surprise you?
Each game is a new story. Those who won the last games to this game and those who lost.

How important will home advantage be in these two games?
The game is very important. We couldn’t expect anything different. At least I’m talking about Leeds because every time we play at ER it’s full of fans. For this game we are sure the same will happen.

Penalties - have you done work on them and how much of a problem have they been of late?
To train the penalties is good to find out - not only the coach, but also the players - who is good at penalises and who is not. Being good at penalties doesn’t mean you’re good at them in front of 50,000 people.Being good in games is not the same as games like that. What I’m telling you is it’s meaningless to work on penalties because you cannot reproduce the aspects.
But at the same time I can tell you we shot 100s of penalties this season.

On Pablo's form
I talk many times about the impact of Pablo Hernandez. When Pablo’s influence is bigger, Leeds play better. ANd you have players that put their influence and Pablo is one of them.

What have you made of the U23s season?
I am very happy for them first of all. And for the staff. ANd for me the achievement is even more important because it’s not that we were at the service of the disposal of us, it was the U23s were at the disposal of the first-team. They have done things that were not convenient for them. The head coaches were very generous, Carlos and his staff. They have done many things for the first-team that have gone against the interest of the U23s. These things don’t make it easier for them to reach the national title, it made it harder. Because when they had to play a game with three subs made before the game, this is an act of generosity that is not frequent and is a complication for the team that has to play in these conditions.
It was hard to prepare because until the last game they did not know who was going to play. They were very generous of us and we were very demanding of them. Despite of our demands, because the first-team is the priority, they won the national title so we are grateful and feel a lot of admiration for them.

After poor results, what’s been your main message to the players?
The last four games we only got one point out of 12. Our stats were worse. Usually we needed six chances to score a goal and in the cycle of the last four games we needed 12. In the same cycle our opponents scored a goal every three chances they had. If we were that efficient we would have won the games with a big difference. We analyse deeply the last four games. We did that the first day of the week. We drew the conclusion that we had the right points and we start dreaming of what can happen. We are full of hope to reach our goal. We are dreaming of this. When you feel like that you feel safe. That’s how we feel. We are longing for these new opportunities that we have

Are the players more efficient in training?
The technical gesture, our muscular responses and the building of this comes from the emotion. You have players who control this well and they can make the difference of the building and the emotional aspect. That’s why you don’t have the same emotional aspect in training and in a game. In training a player uses his skills, in a match he tries. There are aspects he tries to control.

On the job Lampard has done?

The results of Derby and their play speak about Frank Lampard. He has good players, he put them in the same team and he made the team play well.

Can you take inspiration from Poch in the Champions League?
I want to tell you I’ve know Poch since he was 15. He has built his own career as a head coach. He has built his own style. It’s his property. What his team does is more linked to his ideas than the ideas of other teams.
That’s why I disagree with the position of teacher. I’m not his teacher, because Pochettino’s style is an original one, he designed and drew it himself. Before each game we say there is a favourite team. You have many examples that show that the conclusions shown before games about who is the favourite is confirmed, or the opposite. If you take the predictions and you compare to the result you find maybe 50 per cent of predictions are right, 50 per cent are wrong. As we have the luck to be able to play in two days, there’s no point in making any predictions about it. We don’t feel as winners before playing the game, or as losers before playing the game. What we value is the possibility to show what we deserve.

Bielsa has a comment to make...
I would like to make a short comment. We reached a common decision with the players we decided to adapt 100% to the rules but we understand that if we have one player down, the opponents don’t have to take the ball out of the pitch and we also think that if a player from the opponent is down we shouldn’t interrupt the play and kick the ball out. We all know that the person who has to take this decision is the referee but we don’t want to disappoint anyone, our fans, their fans, the other team because it’s what the rules say.
The rules say the person who has to make the decision is the referee. This has nothing to do with Aston Villa’s situation because we feinted that we were going to put the ball out and didn’t. We just want to find a solution to this doubt. We will tell the referee and the head coach and captain of Derby that we will behave like that. Which is by the rules but we on’t want by behaving by the rules to make people disappointed. So we don’t expect the opponent to solve the situation if we have one man down, we won;t ask them to put the ball out. It would be unjustified to do this, because it’s the referee’s decision. We will do exactly the same in the opposite situation. I think we are doing the right thing, I hope I am not wrong. Doing it as we just said, looks like no one would hear about it. Nobody should be bothered by the fact that if we have man down we won’t ask to put the ball outside. And we don’t bother anyone if we leave it to the referee.
If we accept these two points the same thing. We shouldn’t feel obliged to put the ball out and we should also leave it to the ref, who will find a solution.
You that belong to English football - do you believe there is something wrong with my analysis?
I don’t want to take the risk that my logic goes against a deeply routed habit.

That's all from Bielsa
A lot to take in there....
Pontus due up next.
Min første Leeds-kamp:

Promotion 2010

« Svar #116 på: Mai 13, 2019, 19:13:45 »
Før andre semifinale i play-off mot Derby på Elland Road:

12:02

What impressed you most on Saturday?

It’s a mix of everything. The physical performance of the team was very good. One of our best of the season.The performance of the team was positive.

Previous to this game we played against Aston Villa and it shows the level of competition of our team and the other three games were games we could have won but didn’t.

12:02

Did anything surprise you on Saturday?

I couldn’t say that I was surprised, but Shackleton adapted immediately to the needs of the game but he already showed he was a player with big character.

12:04

Injuries

Adam Forshaw won’t be available.

For Pontus Jansson tomorrow will try and work normally and we will see tomorrow how he is.

And Roofe won’t be available either.

Kemar’s problem is more simple than Adam’s. But still he won’t be available for Wednesday.

It’s a calf problem. It’s less serious that Adam’s injury but we have to take care of him.

12:06

How important is Bamford?

It’s always important to have at your disposal the players that have played during the season.

We always think about our team with 18 starters.

It’s not just a common sentence but it’s a reality demanded by the competition. Of course we would like to have Roofe and Bamford with us. In some segments of the season both were unavailable.

And Tyler Roberts played as a number nine at that time but as you say, the absence of Kemar Roofe comes with the availability of Bamford.

12:08

Big game coming up - how important for you to separate the emotion? Or do you embrace it?

The emotion is an ingredient that allows use to use better your skills. This is something normal, natural and we want to play the game in these conditions.

We know there is a long path to our goal. We just played the first part of the dual and have the second part to play now. The difference is only one goal and the idea is to increase this distance and prevent the opponent from decreasing it.

We know that this is a difficult task, as difficult for the first game.

12:09

Roberts and Alioski injury latest

They won’t be available for this game.

And I couldn’t tell you for the future.

In the case we have another game to play after this it would be difficult to have these players back: Forshaw, Alioski, Davis, Roberts.

12:12

What areas are you looking for your side to improve in?

The goal of having possession of the ball is to create offensive situations and the goal of the offensive situations is to create danger to the opponent. At the end the idea is to score a goal out of this danger created. We started many offensive actions very well. We arrived to the previous step pretty well and we have to increase the efficiency after these two steps we just mentioned.

We have to score more goals and then increase the efficiency. The idea is that possession allows us bigger difference.

12:13

How are your emotions before the game?

It’s similar to what we were talking about before the first game. It’s two games, but you can actually say it’s one and we have played the first half and usually you don’t make comments at half-time.

And you usually work in order to build the superiority in the time we have still to play.

The first game was not simple for us and we are sure that the next game won’t be easy either.

12:14

Should you have a bigger lead coming into this second leg?

We had options to increase the offensive production, I don’t know if this answers your question.

If we had scored a second goal it wouldn’t have been a weird thing.

12:18

Do you understand the mindset of those coaches that would look to protect the lead, rather than add to it?

You could divide coaches in two categories, those who speculate and those who impose their style.

The percentage of success that is representative that both trends have are very similar.

It woulnd’t be fair to say one is better than the other. Every head coach does what he feels because the role of the coach is to convince and it’s very difficult to convince ideas you don’t believe in.

I would have less credibility towards my players if I didn’t express things I believe in but I never express a negative opinion on ideas different from mine. It doesn’t mean other ideas need my approval or not but results show it every weekend in games we see around the world.

12:23

Where does your attacking instinct come from? It takes a certain amount of nerve...

I don’t think it’s about courage or nerves.

But I always thought that the shortest path to win is to play better.

And for me, there is a link between possession and playing better.

Actually, to be honest, there are many examples of big teams that do the contrary of me. You have head coaches like Diego Simeone who have built extraordinary teams with the exact opposite ideas of mine.

Same as I couldn’t say I can;t imagine playing better if my team doesn’t have possession but teams like Simeone’s ones make recoveries of the ball an art and to recover the ball you need the opponent to have the ball. It’s not a theoretical matter. It’s not about one idea being superior to another one. It has to do with beliefs with the sensitivity of each head coach. I don’t have a decisive belief that when you see a team defending well, I think the fact that seeing this has a value as an expression of football. It’s also linked to the culture. I was always impressed by the NBA, the fans when the opponent has the ball, they ask their team to defend. They do it because they recognise it’s a need of the team, to defend, but they also give value and importance to it when it’s well done.

To come back to Simeone’s team, I saw them defending well in many games and it was pleasing to see how they defended.

12:26

Has Shackleton been unlucky not to play more this season?

As a right-back we had Ayling, Berardi and Dallas playing. And as a number eight we Baker, Klich and Forshaw. They are players older than him and they have more experience than him.

But every time he played, honestly, we saw him. And there’s a detail that is very important to me, which is how a player is accepted by his team-mates. When the players accept a new young player it means that they like to have this player on their side.

When a young player finds his place in a top team in the natural competition you have for positions, the one who comes in to the team moves someone out of the team.

That’s why from a team spirit the only way you accept the arrival of a young player is when you make the team better. And for me this happened very clearly with Jamie Shackleton.

12:28

Why do you have such an advantage over Derby? You lead 7-1 over three games

Every game was different’.

We won one game with just one goal of difference, one with two goals of difference and in the first game we were the same team as we were now and Derby was a lot inferior to what they are now. So we should be careful about the analysis. And actually it’s not 7-1. I think we should analyse more the 1-0 and the 2-0 game.

Even in this case, it wouldn’t be 3-0 because we won one game with the smallest margin possible and the other one was just a two-goal difference. It’s a small difference, you can’t build a big distance between both teams.

We would like to have the same performance as the last two games but we know it’s going to be very hard.

12:30

What does Berardi offer that Jansson does not?

These players are two ways interpreting the same role.

What we see about Jansson is his physical strength. He has a big capacity to express his presence in the game and for Berardi he has an expository which is not frequent for a centre-back. Jansson has been our best player in the Championship over the season and Berardi has been an indispensable player. And we couldn’t count on him when he was absent.

Both are compatible, we need them both and we can rely on them.

12:42

Did you doubt that your players would respond as they did against Derby?

I’d rather prefer not to talk about situations where you analyse things in two different ways.

I am very careful to make those who listen to my explanations find them true. I try to say what I think it true and I try to show it’s true.

To analyse you don’t need any explanation and you have arguments that go against and confirm results.

If you tell me out of 12 points we got one, this is not good.

And in this segment of four games we played against the best team of the Championship at this moment and weren’t overwhelmed so you relativise the conclusions.

For me this aspect is very important even if I think I give excessive importance to this. ANd I’m talking about how a team defends and attacks. You can attack well and score only a few goals because you miss goals and you can defend well and concede goals.

If you have chances to score and don’t you have a problem with efficiency. You can’t do anything about it because there’s nothing to do to increase efficiency, Same when you defend.

You can defend well and prevent the opponent from creating chances to score but you have precise facts that the team concedes goals. Sometimes it’s mistakes, sometimes not and the game against Ipswich, if you see the goal they scored from a set-piece we had that situation three times in that game and they didn’t find the ball. And against Ipswich the number 21 found the ball to score the goal and we had no impact.

To sum up, the team that finished first and second score a goal every three chances. As before, we need six chances. The teams that were relegated needed five or six chances to score a goal and in the last four games we needed 12 chances to score, not just six.

This tells a lot about the play of the team. In the last four the opponents scored every three chances.

I always think what would be the result if we had the same efficiency.

To finish, I will give you more information.

You’ve heard that my teams usually arrive at this segment of the season tired physically and mentally. The game against Derby is the game we ran most in the whole season.

I listen to the arguments but not to convince myself of the opposite. Just to see if I must give credit to what I hear. I don’y know what’s wrong I can’t make an correction.

If I correct only the things people think are wrong, but a re not wrong instead of improving, it makes things worse.

I always have doubt about what I’m thinking and I always listen to the opinion of what I’m doing to see if I can make corrections and improve things but as you see if the comments improve the efficient everyone who knows about football will say you can’t have a solution. It just happens.

If you say avoid the mistakes, individual one, that concede goals, no one makes a mistake on purpose..

The design of defensive structure is to associate players and give a role to them. If you have the same info I have regarding the defensive behaviour of the team, it’s good.

I’m giving you this answer because you’re asking me if I’m surprised how my team played.

To be surprised it would mean I consider the last four games of the Championship would be different to the Derby game.

12:49

Did you watch Guardiola yesterday? Thoughts?

I have great respect and admiration for Guardiola.

And the argument that I give to explain mt respect and admiration is that the beauty of the play his team did, you can’t copy that.

Guardiola builds artful teams. We always said what would Guardiola do without the players he had in Barcelona. And you can say that players from Barca are unique.

The players of Guardiola’s Bayern were very good, those of City, too.

But the capacity to create a style that you on;y see in his teams are much more important than the players he has. And I’m not saying the players are not important but I’m underlining the capacity to be creative of Guardiola.

The things that you can’t analyse are a mystery. Because when I watch Man City games I feel I am ignorant and I’m going to tell you why.

Because there is something, a picture, you have ten players in front of their own box and City move the ball trying to find the space to put the ball in.

So I see what is well done and try to copy it. But you can’t copy Guardiola’s teams.

When I see it I’m wondering what’s the methods, what do we have to repeat to do that?

What are the pre-established needs to solve these compact defence? And you never find out but they always find a solution to the compact defence.

So you could mention all the players if you want but Guardiola deserves to be praised for the team he built that we could enjoy watching.

And I’d like to clarify as I said for Pochettino when I see Guardiola’s teams play I don’t see anything similar to the teams I built. That’s why I think every praise I get from Guardiola is not deserved and a mistake.
He deserves this praise I making because I can explain why he deserves to be praised. Take reference for his teams. But you can’t say the same from my teams.

12:51

Role of the fans on Wednesday? And your message to them?

The importance of Leeds fans in the behaviour of the team has been shown in many moments when our team faced adversity and could overcome this because of the fans.

The fans do that without needing to get any message. What makes Leeds fans special is they don’t answer to things that you ask them to do.

They don’t need to be asked to do things. That’s why I feel I have nothing to ask them, they already give what we need.

Min første Leeds-kamp:

J.N

• På juniorlaget
  • "I'm pretty confident we'll go up this year" - Edd
    • Vis profil
« Svar #117 på: Mai 14, 2019, 16:46:40 »
Interessant og utfyllende, som alltid..  :D

Promotion 2010

« Svar #118 på: Mai 21, 2019, 00:08:38 »
Min første Leeds-kamp:

stian

« Svar #119 på: Mai 21, 2019, 17:22:50 »
Best of Salim & Marcelo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LGiWtmXxJGk&feature=youtu.be

Denne var morsom ;D Marcelo er EKSTREMT dårlig i engelsk! Etter 10 forsøk klarer han fortsatt ikke å komme i nærheten av å uttale «Ipswich».